Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2010, 05:14 AM   #361
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Enjoy your few days away with hubby sounds like you both really need it, have fun!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2010, 05:10 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
all went well at the hospital today. colon was all clear....

slept most of the afternoon....and still tired. been kind of munching this afternoon and evening. had an oopsie sandwich when I got home. turkey w/baconaise and onion w/some lc candied nuts. supper was some lc crackers that I made from Maries site. topped w/spinach & artichoke cream cheese. then some strwberries topped with wf chocolate syrup. I guess I do not feel so bad after writing it all down....sure seemed like I was pigging out when I was eating it tho.
I guess the scale will tell in the morning.

JAN
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 03:52 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

Crap....guess I am paying the price today for the bottomless bowl of nuts yesterday. LOL
Woke up to 180 today. Will have to eat light today and tomorrow. I like to see that 170 something number. I really want to stay in that decade for this round. I'm still in leeway so.....

Salad today with grilled chicken...maybe a mixture of Maries w/wf dressing. Gotta use the crap up somehow. I figure I can mix it with a yummy dressing on days when I need to watch it.

JAN
Old 08-10-2010, 04:46 AM   #364
Big Yapper!!!!

Am glad your colonoscopy went well one less thing to worry about now I hope you see the 170's again by the morning!
Old 08-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

lots going on at work....seems like way to much drama. No show/no call on a cook last night...had to cover that. Had to let go a bartender also. The lead in the drama dept. I guess when I've had enough, I've had enough.

So....scale stayed the same this morning. 180. Not real surprised. With work and everything. I only have a few days to decide on our "vacation" next week. If I cancel motel rooms....I will be out at least $100 cuz I booked thru expedia. DANG IT!! But...business comes first. DANG IT!! I made some calls today to some former employees. To see if they could help me out next week for a few days. I'm not worried about the front of the house (staff)...but the back of the house(kitchen), is hurting. ANd if I take myself out of the recipee....bad deal.

They all know how hard it is for us to be able to get away...so, maybe, I'll get lucky.

My order from Netrition came today. YEAH!!! All kinds of davinci syrups, some wf products, some xanthum gum, sugar substitutes,.....etc. Gonna do some experimenting in the next few days.

Hotter than he!! today. And I did a lot of stuff in the kitchen at work. Made a HUGE batch of ham and bean soup. Pressure cooked 6 stewing hens and started on making soup with that. Made 18 qts of chicken chimi soup. That's a spicy, cheesy, mexican style soup. All of my soups are homemade. Chicken chimi is a bar favorite. Tomorrow, I'll make cheesy chicken tortellini, chicken pot pie, chicken noodle, chicken dumpling.

I'm thinking of a new soup creation. Maybe a cheesy...creamy...ham based...RANCH flavored type of thing. I'll let you know how that turns out.

I think I'll make some poppers. That sounds really good!!!!

JAN
Old 08-11-2010, 05:23 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...food for today..
lunch was a really good salad. about 2-3 cups lettuce w/4oz ckn breast. About 2 oz shredded cheese, a handfull of diced onions and chopped japs. dressing was some truly awefull wf bacon ranch mixed with some heavenly Maries blue cheese. Trying to figure out a way to "not waste" the wf stuff.

The salad really was tasty.....supper tonight was an oopsie sandwich made with turkey lunch meat, 2 slices bacon, slivered onions, pickles, mayo. And about 1/2 cucumber, sliced, sprinkled with sea salt.
Oh yeah....snack this afternoon was an apple, peeled and sliced with wf caramel dip, warmed up in the micro. That dip I like. The dressings leave a little to be desired. Although, today I did get some chipotle ranch in my netrition order. I will reserve judgement till the bottle is chilled.

JAN
Old 08-12-2010, 04:38 AM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

still at 180 this morning...that is .2 above last dose weight.
Old 08-12-2010, 08:28 AM   #368
Big Yapper!!!!

Awww I hope things work out for you both and you get to go on that vacation, everyone needs a break.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:21 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

made some muffins today, blueberry, and had 1 for the 1st time. this recipee is dh's favorite. low carb of course!!! I likeeeee!!!
also made some breakfast oopsies...davinci pancake syrup in them...yummy

gotta love P3
Old 08-16-2010, 04:56 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

sitting in a motel room....catching up reading posts.
we did a lot of walking today and WE ARE TIRED!!!!
Dinner was takeout....I had a salad and broke up an angus burger on top of it, some fresh fruit from the grocery deli, and some pork rinds from the gas station...LOL. It was yummy good!!!

I brought the scale with us, by the way, we will be heading to Duluth in the morning.

JAN
Old 08-17-2010, 03:08 AM   #371
Big Yapper!!!!

Have a fun vacation!!
Old 08-17-2010, 05:07 AM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Have a fun vacation!!

Thanks, we will!!!
This morning, I am still UNDER the 2 pound bekow leeway....what a concept!! Getting to eat cuz you HAVE to gain a tad bit to stabilize. HARD TO WRAP YOUR HEAD AROUND THAT!!!! LOL

JAN
Old 08-18-2010, 03:38 AM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

5:30 AM....up watching dh go crazy waiting for the barge to come in off of LAke Superior. Me?...I just want breakfast!!! 6:00 can't get here fast enough!!
I lost weight again yesterday...so, I MUST EAT!!!!
BOY DOES THAT FEEL WEIRD TO SAY THAT!!!
WEIRD IN A WAY!!!!

JAN
Old 08-18-2010, 04:33 AM   #374
Big Yapper!!!!

What a crazy turn around to make sure your eating enough to gain weight
Old 08-18-2010, 05:23 AM   #375
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Wiggler
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 8/9/10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
, we will be heading to Duluth in the morning.

JAN
Stopping in to say hi! Keep up the good work!

I live close to Duluth!
Wiggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 06:13 PM   #376
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: shipoo
Stats: 198/174.8/132
WOE: Atkins/NK
Start Date: Nov 12/May 14
Stopping by

I always read your day Jan.....keep up the great work! (living vicariously right now!)

Cheryl
shipoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:00 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggler View Post
Stopping in to say hi! Keep up the good work!

I live close to Duluth!
Hi!!! Duluth is great!! We came here 2 years ago and had great time!! Dinner tonight was at the Timber Lodge....YUMMY!!!! Dang it tho...gotta go in the morning...tomorrow night is Red Wing and then Galena, Ill. And then back home on saturday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipoo View Post
I always read your day Jan.....keep up the great work! (living vicariously right now!)

Cheryl
Hi Cheryl!!! Stop in any time!!! I know I do a lot of venting in here some time...LOL. Like...this week...I think it's been the "vacation that was doomed from the start"!!! Everything and anything has happened to seem to prevent us from taking this trip. But...sometimes you just gotta do it!

JAN
Old 08-19-2010, 06:04 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

so... gained a bit this morning...but I am still OUT of my 2 pound below leeway
Old 08-19-2010, 05:29 PM   #379
Major LCF Poster!

this motel really sucks compared to Duluth. WOW....I think we could have spent a week there!!! Easy!!! I'm hopin we like Galena tomorrow. We have to get up pretty early to get on the road. So....thinkin I'll hit the sak here pretty soon.

We've eaten pretty sensibly this trip. Well....lunch today was a salad at a gas station...LOL. Dinner tonight was at Perkins. Red Wing does'nt have a lot to offer....and we saw the Applebees to late...LOL. But I had grilled talapia w/ a double side of steamed brocolli. It was really pretty good. So...sitting here sipping on a bottle of water....gonna rub dh's feet when he gets out of the shower. Poor guy...his feet are really in rough shape. Got some kind of balm at a gift shop to try on him tonight. Hope it puts him in a relaxed state, so he can sleep well.

So....catch you in the morning,maybe.

JAN
Old 08-20-2010, 03:42 AM   #380
Major LCF Poster!

good morning world!!! Still under leeway this morning...by .6 pounds. what a concept...i have to gain weight. can't quite seem to wrap my head around that. gonna be in the car A LOT today....talk to you later

JAN
Old 08-22-2010, 05:01 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

galena was wonderfull!!! i even drank beer that day :blush: and that's the 1st since the beginning of April. Of couse it did put some on the scale....but i'm definately still in leeway. this morning i am 180.2

it felt good to get home yesterday. my cats were sure glad to see us. especially the oldest one. he was only "snooty" for awhile...then wanted to be glued onto my lap.
dh even ended up sleeping in the recliner last night for the sake of the cat. now....the cat is 20 years old so, a lot of the times he gets to have his way

i have to go into work today...gave my "right arm" today and tomorrow off, lord knows she is looking forward to it..

i'm hoping everything went well while we were gone. i know nothing mechanical failed...like AC or anything else. it's just the DRAMA department that never seems to quitt.

so....we are still going to go camping soon. i'm almost done with P3...and am definately going to do a P4 round. camping is so much easier to do on these than on P2.

i think i'll go riding with dh today....later...

jan
Old 08-22-2010, 03:29 PM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

went riding today...got in over 225 miles.

I pulled some P2 chili out of the freezer befor I left today...gonna go grate some cheese and open up the sour cream.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:08 AM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

gosh...it's tuesday already! Mon volleyball is now over for the year. Tuesday will wrap it up tonight. wed is already done. Just have thurs and fri left. They will also be done this week....barring severe weather and rain outs. But...I think everyone is ready for it to be over. Everyone but dh and me. LOL. Volleyball is very good for the pocketbook...LOL

So, weight this morning was 180.6
That's .8 above LDW.
Well within leeway.
I have a smoked turkey leg in the freezer that has been calling my name. I wonder if today is the day I will answer it...

JAN
Old 08-26-2010, 07:34 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

camping ww/dh at a local county park......good times

will weigh in the morning when we make the drive back in.

JAN
Old 08-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

well...dh just left for the campground....i'm stayin here tonight. friday night...last night of volley ball for the entire season.

I'm having a lot of problems at work....released a gal a few weeks ago. she has been in 2x and made an absolute a$$ of herself both times. and she's been doing it all over town also, I've heard. both times, she knew we were out of town. I am sure hoping she shows up tonight
Old 08-31-2010, 05:46 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

had a really great day today!!!
we had to take the glides in for routine maintanance...so we got the fatboys out today to ride. It's been a long time since I got on that bike!! It was our first one that we bought...aahhh...memories. AND SO MUCH LIGHTER!!! It was great!!!! Well...all except for the bugs that wanted to be in my mouth!!!

We stopped at a gas station for a snack...this station is great. Really geared for low carb. But today I just had a bag of hot pork skins and a side of ranch dressing to dip them in. and coffee.

For supper tonight, I fixed dh a full 1 pound hamburger patty. Of course he only had 1/2 of it...so tomorrow, lunch/dinner id already made. He had salad also. I had sliced cukes and sliced zuchinni, acv on the cukes and maries blue chs for the zuchinni. We also had sliced kiwi . THAT WAS GOOD!!! I hav'nt had any of those for awhile. I remember the 1st time I'd heard about them. Years ago, somebody in the bar was talking about them. I did'nt have a clue what kind of fruit it was. He said....have you seen the the little things that look like "testicles"? Man....was my face :blush: !!!
I have a sliced apple in the freezer right now for a snack later....YUMMY!!!

I'm having a few breakout spots going on with my Haileys. I know that it is STRESS triggered. I still have some meds from the last HORRIFIC episode...so they are actually staying under control somewhat. At least the humidity is less around here. I had to let a bartender go a few weeks ago....and that is the trigger. I had her for over 2 years...and now I have to fight the unemployment claim. I do not see a problem with that tho...rights right and wrongs wrong.

but ....tell that to my Haileys. I'd rather have a HUGE PIMPLE!!!!

JAN
Old 09-01-2010, 04:20 AM   #387
Big Yapper!!!!

@ kiwi's they really are an ugly fruit aint they, but taste good!!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:27 AM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

well...I woke up to a new spot on my back...I still have some minocycline left and some steroid cream. It's been keeping it on the "low" side at least. I know how fast it come flare up. Up to 5 spots now. Gotta love stress.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:34 PM   #389
Major LCF Poster!

man do I love poppers. I made a batch yesterday. AND I LOVE THEM COLD ALSO. is that pathetic? I think not. I also love all the cream cheese that oozes out into all of that yummy bacon grease on the cookie sheet. is that pathetic? maybe only if you catch me licking the pans
Old 09-03-2010, 03:37 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

another sleepness night...been up since 3:30...wth!!!!