Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 05:34 AM   #331
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
190.5 this morning. that's 1/2 pound gone. I think the only side effect the prednisone is having so far is NO DAM SLEEP!!!
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-2010, 04:29 PM   #332
Major LCF Poster!

really got a workout today...we began decorating for the 6th anuall luau today at the bar. this is my FAVORITE party of the year. we'll finish it up tomorrow. the luau is saturday.

my skinn feels so much better today...i'm thinkin i'll be able to wear jeans this weekend.
Old 07-16-2010, 07:26 PM   #333
Major LCF Poster!

GOT THE REST OF THE DECORATING DONE TODAY....P.A.R.T.A.Y.!!!!!
It is absolutely my favorate party of the year at the bar.

Grass skirts, coconut bras, leis, what's not to like????

OH YEAH....dropped a 1/2 pound this morning
Old 07-17-2010, 05:01 AM   #334
Major LCF Poster!

man...I cannot believe how this new medication has made me feel. I AM ON TOP OF THE WORLD. I feel alive .

It's funny, how I just seem to accept NEW aches, NEW pains, as a way of life. I totally have to get out of that mind set. I work hard. 7 days a week. I can count the days off we've had in 13 years if I use dh's fingers and toes along with mine. SERIOUS.

But that's what self employment can do to you. well...i spose it truly depends on what field you are in. I love what we do tho...

Today is MY DAY!!! The best party of the year. OUR 6th ANNUAL LUAU. we have a jimmy buffet tribute band that has come every year for this. (from ft. smith, ak) LOVE THESE GUYS. we have a hog roast...blend a LOT of margaritas, pina coladas, hurricanes, etc.

the best part of my night is when i get to dance around the patios putting hats (beachcomber style) on every ones head. ALL WHILE DEAD SOBER!!!!

GOOD TIMES TODAY!!!!

Gonna try to get home this afternoon for a break befor the party begins. I know it's gonna be a late night!!!
Old 07-19-2010, 04:33 AM   #335
Major LCF Poster!

yesterday was definately a day of rest. well....i did do the basics. laundry, bedding, etc. even cooked dh a steak. i had P2 chili. YUMMY. I love that stuff.

This morning was 188. I am not sure if thats where I want to stabilize for this round or not. It's right between sizes. another 5 pounds would probly do it.

JAN
Old 07-20-2010, 04:26 AM   #336
Major LCF Poster!

down a 1/2 pound this morning. that makes it 187.5.

not sure what today will bring. gotta get to work and load the smoker with 4 turkey roast to cook. put the soup on. made ham & bean, ck noodle, ck dumplin, ck chimi, yesterday. about 14 qts each. tryin to get a jump on things and get ahead.

i can't believe we hav'nt been rained out in volleyball yet this summer. this is unheard of!!! ususally there is at tleast 1 night out of the week that mother nature has it in for! all the rain seems to come tru after midnight, and thru the mornings befor noon. good deal!! when I lose my college help for the summer...we usually are struggling to get thru tourneys!!
Old 07-21-2010, 05:34 AM   #337
Major LCF Poster!

WOOHOO!!! Lost 1.5 this morning!! Weighed in at 186 this morning!!

Wow...this journal place sems to be hopping...I found mine on page 2, and I post every day usually.

Not sure what today will bring. Yesterday, dh and I planted flowers in the back yard barrels. Very enjoyable. Now...he's the green thumb. NOT I. I just stomp around the yard cussing at them.

Went clothes shopping the other night. In my own closet. Very satisfying. I've been fighting the Haileys for so long, that I skipped over a whole size of fitted shorts. ...opting to wear stretchy capris every day instead.The last few days I've been wearing some size 12's. Still can do some of the 13/14's....but gotta LOVE those 12's 's.

Went thru all of my jeans....since I can actually STAND to put some on now. Took some to work for the kitchen boys to go thru. A lot of 36x34's. They look perfect....definately work worthy, so hopefully someone can wear them.

To anyone stopping in....feel free to leave a "hello"....have a nice day!!

JAN
Old 07-21-2010, 07:35 AM   #338
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Hi Jan, I just glanced through your journal as I see you're doing the protocol also and am amazed at your weight loss! You're lost a lot of weight in such a short period of time..congrats on entering a new decade.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:31 AM   #339
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Shari!! Are also doing hcg?

This morning I was up .5....kinda thought that would happen after yesterdays release.

Wonderfull afternoon yesterday. Dh and I went riding for a few hours. Got in about 100 miles. Felt great doing ot in smalle jeans. Then came home and ran to the store. Stocked up on fresh produce and fruit. Dh had a thick Iowa chop, sweet corn, cottage cheese w/cantalope, and some raw veges. I, of course, had CHICKEN. I do not think that I could ever get sick of chicken. Thank goodness.

After riding yesterday. I realized something very important. WOW...have I gotten WEAK. SERIOUSLY. This morning, I went to the bowflex. We have to do something about this. I will ask everyone over in the simeons thread if its happened to them.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:35 AM   #340

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishbone View Post
Thank you Shari!! Are also doing hcg?

This morning I was up .5....kinda thought that would happen after yesterdays release.

Wonderfull afternoon yesterday. Dh and I went riding for a few hours. Got in about 100 miles. Felt great doing ot in smalle jeans. Then came home and ran to the store. Stocked up on fresh produce and fruit. Dh had a thick Iowa chop, sweet corn, cottage cheese w/cantalope, and some raw veges. I, of course, had CHICKEN. I do not think that I could ever get sick of chicken. Thank goodness.

After riding yesterday. I realized something very important. WOW...have I gotten WEAK. SERIOUSLY. This morning, I went to the bowflex. We have to do something about this. I will ask everyone over in the simeons thread if its happened to them.

Yes, I've done a few rounds..lol. I'm currently in P3 now and plan to start my last and final round the second weekend of August. I don't usually post in the other thread though but keep a journal here. Congrats again on such a wonderful round and very nice releases!
Old 07-23-2010, 05:43 AM   #341
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shari View Post
Yes, I've done a few rounds..lol. I'm currently in P3 now and plan to start my last and final round the second weekend of August. I don't usually post in the other thread though but keep a journal here. Congrats again on such a wonderful round and very nice releases!
Thanks...I'll be hitting P3 shortly again also.

Up 1 pound today. gotta be from the exersise. OR the stress. RAGBRAI is this weekend. I have no idea how many busses are coming in. we could have 200 people or we could have 2000. portapots get delivered today. i got 2 food vendors coming to take the pressure off the kitchen. there is definately not enuf of me to go around. lol
Old 07-24-2010, 04:59 AM   #342
Major LCF Poster!

leg cramps all night long...can only gag down so much acv. lol

today will be a long walk. the never ending details to take care of.

woke up to an email from my bartender. she had words with someone last night i guess. why is it when people spend money...they think they are entitled to do and say anything they want. i can see phone calls are on my list today to straighten things out.

long walk...long day...sigh...
Old 07-24-2010, 08:49 AM   #343

Jan! Seems you have a busy weekend planned. Take care of yourself.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:08 AM   #344
Major LCF Poster!

ok...you know you hav'nt been here when you drop back to page 2

So...whats been going on..
Yesterday I had a 4 pound release. today I paid for claiming the prize with a .5 gain. I'm still all good with it tho...it's a net of 3.5.

The weekend went fairly well. I wish we would have had more campers tho. We certainly had room for them. The patios were FULL tho. The sales were excellent! The staff did well in tips! The attitudes across the board were FANTASTIC!!! so....all's good.

On to the next event now.

This weekend we will be hosting the Tommy Bolin Music Festival. For anyone who does not know whe Tommy was...he was born and raised right here in Sioux City. But, he died of a drug overdose early in life. He was a legend on the guitar and played with many bands, including Deep Purple.

Now, I am not one to "celebrate" or whatever you want to call it...the life of a drug addict. And we have always distanced ourselves,business wise, from this event. We have been approached many time in the past to hold this. But it has finally taken on a new perspective/dimension. The surviving brother, Johnny Bolin, has really turned his own life around. Johnny is the drummer for Black Oak Arkansas. And has finally "woken up". The theme for the event is "NEW BEGINNINGS". For John...and the youth in the community. That is who the benefit is for. To get the youth more involved in music.

So...they have many "known musicians" coming in from all around the country this weekend to get together and play. Should be interesting.

After the end of this month...the events will finally slow down. I can't believe the weather has co-operated all summer. We have not been rained out ONCE for volley ball!!! This has really never happened befor!!! Better knock on wood.

Back to the diet....I am finding clothes that I hav'nt worn in a very long time!!! All my size 12 shorts fit GREAT!! I can even get on the size 10's. UMMM...I said get them on. Now, leaving the house in them is another matter entirely..

Hopefully, when we go on vacation in a few weeks..I do not spend an entire day shopping for clothes. Shopping at the stores that is...I love shopping right here at home!!!
Old 07-27-2010, 06:33 AM   #345
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Gilded Lily
Closet shopping is the best! You are doing great!
Gilded Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 07:03 PM   #346
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilded Lily View Post
Closet shopping is the best! You are doing great!
Thank You!!!

Did some baking tonight. Theres a blueberry muffin recipee in the recipee thread that I made a few weeks ago. DH LOVED THEM. ATE VERY ONE OF THEM. I even saved one in the freezer for me...for later...and he found it. Yup...It was GONE!!!
Made another batch tonight. I'll being P3 in a few days, so I am really looking forward to them. I put 3 in a container and I am going to stash them in the freezer tonight after they cool. Wait till dh gets up in the morning and sees those!!!

I also have some candied nuts in the oven now. That's another favorite. Barbos recipee on this one. I made the regular batch (cinnamon) and the other pan I cut the cinnamon and replaced it with cayenne pepper and garlic powder. Hope it turns out good!!!

Gotta say this...I saw the strangest thing today at the police station. I was down there on business this afternoon, waiting for the detective to come to the lobby to get me, and there was a young man there. He had on a black t-shirt, black tennis shoes, and a yellow towel wrapped around his hips. That's It. The gal that was with me...when I pointed it out to her....we were dam near out of controll!!! Sure glad it wasn't raining outside when he left. I'm still rollin'....
Old 07-28-2010, 05:09 AM   #347
Major LCF Poster!

weight stayed the same this morning. 185. perhaps I should move on...this is probly the natural setpoint.

dh found the muffins this morning...lol. polished off 3 of them for his breakfast. sure glad i snagge dup 4 for the freezer.
Old 07-29-2010, 04:22 AM   #348
Major LCF Poster!

ok...dowm .5 this morning. that makes todays weight 184.5

I'm gonna call the round when my drops are finished. I have 2 open bottles. 1 at home, 1 at work. Not a lot left in them...probly 2-3 days at the most. Looking forward to eggs and cheese.

JAN
Old 07-30-2010, 03:25 AM   #349
Major LCF Poster!

stayed the same again this morning. 184.5

That means I'll probly hold onto this weight till sun/mon. then release, hopefully. Got a big music festival at the bar this weekend...so, a lot of work to do. AND...it's been raining all night here. Hope that weather clears up.

I am really hungry this morning....that's unusual. Think I'll pour a cup of coffee and read the paper.

JAN
Old 07-31-2010, 03:47 AM   #350
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Thought I would pop in and say hello I have been reading some of your journal and your totally rocking the HCG!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:06 AM   #351
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Thought I would pop in and say hello I have been reading some of your journal and your totally rocking the HCG!!!
Hello!!

This morning I weighed in on the new scale....and...the old one. 184.5 on the old...181.6 on the new. I think me and the new one are gonna be LOL
Old 08-03-2010, 05:25 AM   #352
Major LCF Poster!

whoo!!! hav'nt been here in a few days.

today will be the last day of the drops for this round. Then 2 more days of vlc and then eggs and cheese!!!

weighed in this morning at 179.8
I wanted to be able to stabilize this round at around 180...so YES!!!

My last few days have been pretty good. the music festival at the bar was GREAT!!! Musicians from EVERYWHERE were there. one guy flew in from australia....had a handmade 12 string guitar. he was awesome!! they came from vermont, colorado, california....and more. I am sure it will be on you tube pretty soon.

the house smells good this morning...baking biscuitts for the soup at work today. It's homemade chicken pot pie. we float a biscuit on top of each bowl to similate the crust of the pie. this soup is to die for. but i have never had a bowl....just going on the feedback...

well...gotta get to work...later...

JAN
Old 08-03-2010, 06:20 AM   #353
Big Yapper!!!!

WoW look at you in the 170's congrats that was a great round for you, you must be estatic!!! The music festival sound's great fun!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:01 AM   #354
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WoW look at you in the 170's congrats that was a great round for you, you must be estatic!!! The music festival sound's great fun!
AND TODAY IS 178.6!!!

LOVIN THIS!!!!
Old 08-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #355
Big Yapper!!!!

Incredible

I have been reading all the HCG posts for the last few weeks and my drops came today hopeing to start loading at the weekend I must say I am not looking forward to it lol and here was me with a list of foods I wanted to eat go figure
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 AM   #356
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Incredible

I have been reading all the HCG posts for the last few weeks and my drops came today hopeing to start loading at the weekend I must say I am not looking forward to it lol and here was me with a list of foods I wanted to eat go figure
Good Luck on your journey!!! This has been a fantastic ride!!! When you can see results....the motivation is SUPERB!!!

Todays weight was 177. I am actually already beyond the 2 pound leeway. Supposed to stabilize at 179.8. Today I have to remain on VLC tho. Then tomorrow I can eat a LOT!!!!....apparently. Gotta get back up to fighting weight
Old 08-06-2010, 04:37 AM   #357
Major LCF Poster!

cream in my coffee is a wonderfull thing....

weighed in this morning at 176.4
I can eat a whole of food and still remain in leeway. NOT THAT I WILL!!!!

I really want to remain in the LOWER portion of the leeway margin this round.

So...gotta jump in the shower and get to work. Then gotta take vehicles to the car wash befor the rest of the city has the same idea.

JAN
Old 08-06-2010, 04:38 AM   #358
Big Yapper!!!!

Thankyou it is so exciting knowing I will get below this weight and not have to see the same lb up lb down every day like am doing for months

So happy for you and its even better your a tad over 2lbs below gives you some room for give and take. Have a good day at work!

Last edited by tempted_by_food; 08-06-2010 at 04:39 AM..
Old 08-06-2010, 06:33 PM   #359
Major LCF Poster!

is it morning yet???? Dh and I never get away enough...and when I told him I had the wekend covered...

we are heading up to Pierre SD on the bikes in the AM. Gonna spend the night and come back on sunday. At least tomorrow I'll be able to eat out in the restaurants...ez to do on P3. Sunday...nothing but clear liquids all day cuz of the colonoscopy on monday. And I have to be home by 4:00 to drink the crap I have to drink

BUT...getting away with the dh is SO WORTH IT!!! There will be so many bikes on the rode going to Sturges...and that's what we want to see.

SO...I actually have sat, sun, mon, and maybe tues off. I CANNOT REMEMBER WHEN THAT HAS EVER HAPPENED!!!

I think in the morning...when we get to Yankton, we'll stop for a real breakfast. Dh is pretty excited for that.

Have a good weekend to anyone dropping in...and I'll try to post what the scale had to say in the morning.

JAN
Old 08-07-2010, 02:40 AM   #360
Major LCF Poster!

4:30 AM now. Gonna go ridin with the hubby

Weighed in at 177.8....up 1.6 from yesterday....exactly 2 pounds under set point.

JAN