Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #301
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: wishbone
Stats: 260/158/160
WOE: low carb my weigh
I've decided that the place I feel the best is in the bathtub. Seriously. The water maked my haileys infected skin feel tolerable....barely. This is absolutely the longest outbreak that I have had to endure. Since last Christmas.

I had the weirdest "call in order" on the phone today. 250 grilled chicken salads. I am at a loss. It's for next week.
wishbone is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2010, 05:02 AM   #302
Major LCF Poster!

203 this morning. Here's to a good day!!!
Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #303
Major LCF Poster!

I am so excited!!! We finally bought a new vehicle tonight. A Ford Escape. We pick it up tuesday. Having some protection coating and stuff put on it. And a remote starter. IS IT TUESDAY YET??????
Old 06-26-2010, 02:39 PM   #304
Major LCF Poster!

and the drama never ends....when you get to many females under the same roof...WTH!!!!!

I had to make some hard decisions today. I released a server. Weighing out the good and the bad. On the good side....reliable and honest. And in a cash flow business....that is commendable. On the bad side....I never know where the complaint will come from. Or when. Good nights...bad nights....and I guess I am done paying the price. It's sad...but the business will always win. It wins in a lot of ways. A lot of sacrifices over the years.
Old 06-26-2010, 06:46 PM   #305
Major LCF Poster!

..man..I am getting old...the band is way to hard for me...hope the young people come out tonight...
Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 AM   #306
Major LCF Poster!

way to hot and humid last night for crowds...spose we are lucky we had what we had...
201 this morning...hoping for onederland by the middle of the week. I would like to be able to start the next R3 somewhere between 190 - 194. Oh well...as I always say...it is what it is.

JAN
Old 06-27-2010, 01:25 PM   #307
Major LCF Poster!

so far today...I grilled up a whole bunch of boneless skinless chicken breasts. I weighed them out to about 2.5 oz. some were a tad bit more. I lose almost 1 oz in the cooking process. So...now there is dinner for the next 2 weeks or so.

dh wants grilled hamburgers tonight for dinner. and squash. and sliced tomatoes. and creamed cucumbers. and...and...and...

I will have chicken, sliced cukes, melba, and strawberries. I did have something different today for lunch tho....shrimp and sliced radishes.
yummy!!

today I am working on a camper project. the color scheme in the camper was pretty....mauvy. well, a few weeks ago we died all the curtains black. they actually came out to be a silver/gray. it looks GREAT!!! today, i took the pictures off the walls and gutted them...and painted the frames. in the basement i found some scarves that i will never wear. they have a "freedom message" on them and the harley davidson symbol. i'm gonna cut them to fit the frames. i think dh will really like them. hope so anyway.

later
Old 06-28-2010, 04:20 AM   #308
Major LCF Poster!

the pics came out great!! dh was really surprised. he thought I'd gone to wallmart and bought them. did'nt even recognise the oroginal frames.

dinner was excellent..sometimes I am amazed at how content I am with what I am eating. it does not bother me at all to prepare 2 separate dinners. i know that i have P3 to look forward to. and even then dh does not eat much of anything that I would also not be able to eat.

looking forward to tomorrow. picking up my new escape.
Old 06-29-2010, 03:53 AM   #309
Major LCF Poster!

200.5 this morning.
onederland here i come

today has GOT to be better than yesterday. Had to deal with police yesterday. Had a small break in on the grounds. I HATE THIEVES!!! But you know what...Smile...You're On Candid Camera.
Old 06-30-2010, 04:55 AM   #310
Major LCF Poster!

....I do believe I need to be pinched....woke up to 199.5 this morning.
And a problem with my cat. He's 20+ in years, so, I guess he gets to have a few "issues".
Old 07-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #311
Major LCF Poster!

so...it must be so...this morning was 199

no time to chat this morning...spent to much time reading the hcg thread.

later
Old 07-02-2010, 04:57 AM   #312
Major LCF Poster!

same weight this morning...199...it will probly move tomorrow.

i can't get into the dr. for over a week. i'll be ready for the looney bin by then. my stomach looks like an explosion took place. my back is'nt much better. it looks like a severe burn in a weird place. i am miserable. feel like i am living in the bath tub....just to get some relief. clothes hurt like hell. i come home in the afternoon and strip immediately. my nightgowns are all stained.....when this crap is over...all new clothes for me. tired of peeling them off ....especially when the skin comes with it.

sorry for the graphics....
Old 07-04-2010, 09:42 AM   #313
Major LCF Poster!

spent a few nights at the bar camping....that sounds strange...unless you actually see the bar. at the end of the driving range...at least 375 yards out, dh built us a campspot. we keep the motor home out there and it really is quite nice. we built a "awning" and a windblock. unless of course the wind is directly out of the south. we just pull the camper directly up beside the "awning" and we're good to go. had a little trouble with the generator tho this weekend. now, he's wondering what the cost would be to trench in electrical out to there. is what i say. but....if it gives us a life, it's a small price to pay.

have not weighed in for 2 days now. i'm kinda ocd about weighing in immediately after going to the bathroom in the mornings, immediately after gettin up in the morning. so....i will wait till morning. hope that the scale does'nt remember that last number!!

so far today...i have taken at least 1 bath. my skin hurts so bad...i'll probly take a few more today. i'm hopin there is a cancellation at the dr's office and i can get in earlier than the 12th.
Old 07-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #314
Major LCF Poster!

so far today...3 baths...and I think I just need to go to bed..maybe a sleep aid will help.

made dh some blueberry muffins today. the recipee is in the recipee help forum. they looked AWESOME. i think i will freeze some for me, for later , when i start P3 again.
also made the kohlrabi cakes. dh said they were very good. AND he used wf pancake syrup on them. kohlrabi, diced onion, beaten egg, mozz cheese, dropped into a hot pan and fried in butter. MAN....i cannot wait for P3.

JAN
Old 07-05-2010, 04:53 AM   #315
Major LCF Poster!

the scale this morning moved down to 197.5

now...the only way the day could get any better is for when i call the dr....there will be a cancellation that i can slide into instead of waiting till next monday.
Old 07-05-2010, 01:22 PM   #316
Major LCF Poster!

i sure have been spending a lot of time on the puter today. but...sitting around in your jammies kinda does that.
i actually found a Haileys Support group on Facebook!! I am really surprised! Of course there are not many in the group...only 16. But this condition is pretty rare...no cure..just some treatments, that sometimes work, usually don't.

on a lighter note....i just put some razz davinci in my usual glass of lemon water....WOWZA!!! A new treat has entered my world!!! Thank you Dawn from the simeons thread!!!
Old 07-06-2010, 04:54 AM   #317
Major LCF Poster!

196.5 this morning....down a pound...gotta be stress weight.

i have a mark beside my eye. i'm hoping it's just a scratch...if not....take me to the looney bin.

JAN
Old 07-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #318
Major LCF Poster!

lost a pound since yesterday. 195,5 this morning.

all I do is go to work for as long as I can stand it. come home and strip. sit in the tub and let the water hydrate my skin and beat on it. i have a air bubble tub. it has been my life saver lately.

yesterday, i came home and bathed. then dh insisted on taking me for a drive. we went up to the dam, about an hour or so away. rode with the sunroof down...very enjoyable. paid the price tho...must be the constant vibration against my skin. got home and hit the tub again. dh says i cry in my sleep. i don't doubt it.

for anyone reading, i am talking about a family hereditary disease called Haileys-Haileys. Or benign, familial, pemphigus. I guess "benign" is the only GOOD thing about it. my dad's side of the family are the culprits. my dad died when i was 7 yrs old....so, i don't really know if he had it or not.
today....i shall e-mail the cousin i am closest to. her sister also has it, but she does not. i am wondering how many of the "scattered" across the country cousins have "the crud". we are kinda a dysfunctional family. i believe that when the grandparents die....the glue goes out of a family. nobody sticks together anymore.

JAN
Old 07-07-2010, 12:46 PM   #319
Major LCF Poster!

well...probly at home for the day. waiting for the ac/furnace guy to come. we put in a new furnace/central air unit a few years ago, and it's almost out of warranty, so, now's the time. just gotta have everything checked out so it's good to go.

had my lunch, chicken,zucchini,melba,strawberries. the usual.

my phone will not stop ringing...ggrrhhh...

today i will try something new in the crusade against the "familycrud". i will take a bleach bath. kinda like going to swimming pool i guess.

JAN
Old 07-07-2010, 07:39 PM   #320
Major LCF Poster!

dinner tonight was P2 chili...even dh had some, all doctored up. I cooked 1c of dreamfields elbow pasta, opened another can of fire roasted tomatoes, and put 2 servings of the chili, all in a saucepan for him. It made 2 HUGE bowls of a goulash looking thingy....LOL. Now he has dinner for tomorrow night also.
When I start P3...I love this chili with sour cream and grated cheese in it!!!

gonna try to go to bed now...the skin on my back is pretty raw...hope I can find a comfortable position for sleep...

JAN
Old 07-08-2010, 05:35 PM   #321
Major LCF Poster!

pretty good day today...got a lot of little things done. had a meeting with my "key" help. made their day...gave them all a raise. lets see if they can produce now.

really tired tonight. for food today i had chicken, shrimp,cucumbers 2x, and strawberries. 1st time mashed....now i put some in my bullet with some lemon juice and 6 drops of sweetfreez. like a sorbet. it's setting up in the freezer now, even tho i started out with 6 frozen berries. one of the gals on the simeons thread posted this....sounded right up my alley!!!
Old 07-09-2010, 04:19 AM   #322
Major LCF Poster!

tgif!!!! up pretty early today...gotta get a jump on things while the kitchen is cool. gotta slice 4 turkey roasts that we smoked yesterday, 2 pit hams, and 2 lean & tender roasts. (i think i'll do the slicing and leave the mess) when you are the boss....you can get away with that!!!!

down 1.5 pounds this morning from yesterday. guess the scale likes me today. if i see 188 -190 in the next 5-7 days....i'll call it a round.

JAN
Old 07-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #323
Major LCF Poster!

just did a baking soda bath...we'll see how that sits...

think i'll have chicken for dinner tonight, radishes, sorbet....
Old 07-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #324
Major LCF Poster!

ok...made a homeopathic (i don't know if that's the right word, maybe home-made is a better chouce) salve tonight. I am really having high hopes for this!!!
2 oz of eucerin lotion
1 oz boric acid
1.5 oz zinc oxide
tad bit of boiling water
1 spoon of eucerin ointment

added the boiling water to the boric acid to make SURE it was smooth and not the least bit abrasive.
stirred that mixture into the eucerin lotion
added the zinc oxide and stirred till smooth
added the ointment to thicken it up just a tad

if this works for me...the next time i will use more of the ointment and less of the lotion. I want it to be THICK so that it stays in place on my skin!!!!
Old 07-10-2010, 04:01 AM   #325
Major LCF Poster!

my skin is still sore...but no blood spots on my nightie this morning!! Funny how we measure progress in different areas of our lives.

BIG DAY at the bar today. we are hosting the Support Siouxland Soldiers Rally. this group prepares,packages, and sends care packages overseas to our soldiers. there will be a poker run, auction, silent auction, band. I have to prepare food for the event participants. last year the numbers were close to 200. we expect to double that this year.
i'm fixing pulled pork, loosemeats, potato salad, mac salad, coleslaw, baked beans. and all the product was donated by my suppliers. i just do the cooking
such a worthy cause...there is a soldier that has touched everyones lives somehow/someway.
Old 07-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #326
Major LCF Poster!

down .5 this morning. that makes it 195. easy day at work this morning...just gonna set up the tills and scoot.

JAN
Old 07-12-2010, 04:29 AM   #327
Major LCF Poster!

down a pound this morning. 194 on the scale from hell....it can't make up it's mind.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:17 PM   #328
Major LCF Poster!

went to the dr today...4 presriptions later...
I don't know what to think. prednisone. really???? at least it is a short round. 5 days, 2x a day.

this stuff had better work.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:16 AM   #329
Major LCF Poster!

WOW!!!

I think my scale has become possesed!! It released 3 pounds for me this morning!! 191 this morning.

YAHOO!!!!!
Old 07-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #330
Major LCF Poster!

this is nuts...I've been awake for hours...gotta be the prednisone. Leg cramps from he!!. Got up and took some potassium, and a soak in the tub. Reading now....I'll get sleepy when it's time to get up.

dam...it's gonna be a long day tomorrow.