LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 02:28 PM   #121
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Thanx Shirl........Im seriously thinkin bout joinin you and the gals on that diet. I think I will look into it more and do it once I move and settled. Have fun loading!!!!
You should. Let me know when you're ready to start. Olivia is such a pretty name for a pretty lady.
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Quote:
I did it...I finally made it past my dreaded # and then some!!!!!! this mornings weight is 204.8.........Im so happy!! I didnt think I could do. I thought my body was gonna stick to that ugly number.
WOOOHOOOOO!!!!!
Congrats lady!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 05:42 PM   #123
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
awwwww....super sucks! I see all this wonderful posts about me finally getting below my goal and then I go and get sick. lol....like I had a choice in the matter. Well The cold got the best of me and I bumped back up to 211. Not that I didnt try....I did manage to stay OP all weekend. But Sunday til yesterday were my worst days and I openly admit that I didnt drink enough fluids or chose the right food options. The only thing that made me feel better was cereal. Anyways.....Starting right back OP today and hopefully having Thanksgiving dinner tomorrow nite doesnt bump me that much. It still will be LC dinner but at a high carb then Im use to. We'll see.

Im just happy Im feeling better today. Cleaned my whole bottom level of the house....that I managed to neglect being sick. lol.....its done...yay!
Old 11-26-2009, 06:58 AM   #124
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hope your feeling better soon, have a great thanksgiving!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #125
Major LCF Poster!

Hi everyone!!!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

I was going to make thanksgiving here and then my friend called early this morning and persuaded me to come out to see her and her family. My hun and I figured why not. None of our families spend time with us for the holidays and mind as well go and spend the afternoon with them. I wish my family was more "together", unfortunately they are not. They purposefully would not include us in any of their plans and then if I asked my dad would say .."well this is just for our family".....Oh yah I forgot I wasnt his daughter. lmao.....This year I wasnt going to be upset about it but just think about ourselves and others who appreciate us. So We will go to my friends later.

Its back to square 1 induction phase as of tomorrow. lol......It's ok though.....I kinda like pushing myself to get back in the game.

.................................................. .................................................. ....................

Oh yes...On Things we are Thankful for.......

I'm thankful for my family. Although I have a blended family life, I wouldn't trade it for the world.

I'm thankful for all that has been blessed upon us in our time of need.

I am thankful for a wonderful man who has been by my side through thick & thin (no pun intended...lol)!

and last but not least...........

I am thankful for all my Low Carb Friends who have fast become like Family! You guys are a wonderful and I don't know what I would of done with out you guys!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 08:05 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Its back to square 1 induction phase as of tomorrow. lol......It's ok though.....I kinda like pushing myself to get back in the game.
Good idea! That's the way Dr A wanted us to get back on plan--if you have a mishap or go up a few unwanted pounds get back to induction ASAP. Are you a pre-planner? If so, what are your menus for the week? Or for tomorrow?

Quote:
I am thankful for all my Low Carb Friends who have fast become like Family! You guys are a wonderful and I don't know what I would of done with out you guys!
I really my LCF buddies because my "in real life" friends STILL don't understand why I make the food/heath choices that I do.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:21 AM   #127
Major LCF Poster!

@ Misslatte.......

Well to get my body started back in fat burning mode I am going to start the 2 shakes and a meal for today and over the weekend. Then starting on monday I will do an eggcream shake for breakfast..and have my LC meals on schedule. I dont usually preplan my meals but on sunday I am going to start. I usually keep my carbs pretty low, not completely ZC but have veggies about 3-4 days out of the week making my meals more concentrated on meats and eggs. I tried to do the veggies everyday and ended up gaining from it....? Or so it seems. lol.... I find that 3-4x a week holds an equal medium for me.

It has been 2 mons since I cut out Diet Sodas and I do have my coffee daily w/ HWC & splenda or sometimes the SF syrups. I have cut out cheese alot lately(still have it a few x's a week) which Im very proud of...I was a queso junkie...lol.

So starting today I will have my 2 eggcream shakes with pumpkin pie spice added....and for dinner I will have beef patties and salad.

I didnt eat entirely OP for thanksgiving. I wanted to but I didnt do what I said. I am starting right back where I left off from last saturday. This week kinda was mixed with LC and carby foods. tisk tisk with a ruler on my hand...lmao...but I will not let this week deter me from continuing this WOE. I it!

I hope that I can get back to my 204.8 by next fridays weigh in. Im pretty sure my weigh in for later today is gonna look awful.....but I'm ready to face it head on.....
Old 11-28-2009, 07:53 PM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:

So starting today I will have my 2 eggcream shakes with pumpkin pie spice added....and for dinner I will have beef patties and salad.

I hope that I can get back to my 204.8 by next fridays weigh in. Im pretty sure my weigh in for later today is gonna look awful.....but I'm ready to face it head on.....
What is your recipe for the eggcream shakes? I might make one

Do you weigh in at night? If so, is there any particular reason? If I weighed in at night it would drive me nuts! With all of my water/coffee/food for the day I'm sure I'm always up a few pounds from the morning.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:01 AM   #129
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
What is your recipe for the eggcream shakes? I might make one

Do you weigh in at night? If so, is there any particular reason? If I weighed in at night it would drive me nuts! With all of my water/coffee/food for the day I'm sure I'm always up a few pounds from the morning.

for a regular eggcream shake here is the receipe

Eggbeaters or store brand equivalant: 1/3 cup

Almondbreeze: 1/2 cup
( has 2netcarbs for an 8oz serving) You can purchase it at grocery stores or trader joes or like store.

HWC: 1/3 cup sometimes I do use 1/2 cup.....
I know that the book says so much is alotted per day. I dont seem to have any issues with using HWC. Me and my hun use a carton in 2days or so.lol....

Protein Powder
I use EAS Chocolate Whey protein Powder. Its 2net carbs Per full scoop I use about 1/3 of the scoop. You can use which every protein powder suits your tastes....that was the only that was available at my local Alberstons.

SF Syrup any flavor..if you desire

Tsp of splenda or to your liking

1/2 cup water

Ice to your preference

Blend in a mixer or use hand blender.

Enjoy!

Some other girls from the thread Im in added cream cheese to thicken it up ...I did 2x it does the trick.....but It does add carbs. The timess Ive used it I used about a tsp. It blends right in and you cant taste it.

You can add all kinds of flavorings Ivee added the SF vanilla syrup and cinammon and it tasted like Horchata ( a spanish rice drink), Ive just added pumpkin pie spice and a tbls of Libbys pumpkin puree and its very good.....that one satisfied me longer then the others....im pretty sure from the pumpkin.

You can add a tsp or Tbls of cocoa powder to make a chocolate shake. Basically anything that you can add to it that is allowed can be and Im pretty sure ti will taste good. One of the ladies has added a mango/peach tea packet and said it was like a smoothie. The possibilites are endless...I just need to get more add ins..lol.....

Oh regarding the weighing. Im a very compulsive when It comes to the scale...a bit better then a few weeks ago. I do weigh in the morning stepping on and off the scale a full 3x's to make sure its right.. and If Im upstairs I will jump on it during the day and I do forsure weigh myself at nite to see what my daily differences are. Of course the scale fluxates anywhere from 2-3 lbs by nite ...but sometimes it can be lower then my morning and when that does I know my morning I will have lost. I know a bit neurotic huh......lmao......

That's me in a nutshell!!!

Last edited by MissG; 11-29-2009 at 12:02 AM..
Old 11-29-2009, 12:15 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Oh forgot to add that todays entry. I was up to 212 as of Friday from my very off plan week. Kicked my butt into gear and and glad to say over nite friday til sat I lost 5 bloat lbs...so As of saturday morning I was 207. Cool.....Im pretty sure I will be back at 204.8 or lower by next fridays weigh in. Although I did make a mini goal to myself to be at 199 by dec. 4th, it doesnt look like I will attain that goal. Perhaps If I had been utterly OP all last week. Oh well not gonna dwell. I mean who knows....maybe I CAN lose 8lbs this next week...lol. Ya neva know.

Guess what I had for dinner???? A LC 6dollar cheeseburger from Carls Jr. SO DAMN DEEEEEEEEELISH! I so enjoyed my lettuce wrapped burger.

UNTIL!!!!!!! DUNH DUNH DUNNH!! I realized that after I ate it and looked up the content that the LC Burger had almost 1500 grams of sodium, 5 sugars and was 7 carbs. Dont think I will be induldging in that any time soon again. I enjoyed but I hope I dont see the affects of it on my morning weigh in. That would super suck.....

Here is the nutrition content:

The Low Carb Six Dollar Burger®
Calories: 570
Calories from Fat: 380
Total Fat (g): 43
Saturated Fat: 18
Sodium: 1480
Carbohydrates (g): 7
Dietary Fiber: 1
Sugar: 5
Protein: 38

Last edited by MissG; 11-29-2009 at 12:20 AM..
Old 11-29-2009, 06:25 AM   #131
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning. Some of the bloat is leaving. Yay! Don't do that again. I want to see you out of the 200's by December 15, 2009 young lady.

I love CJ's six dollar cheeseburger and the jalapeno burger, but I won't be eating one for awhile. The cheeseburger has the ketchup and sweet pickles on it, so that's where some of the carbs are coming from.

Have an awesome day lady.
Old 11-29-2009, 06:31 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Zuchinni Lasagna

Super yummy recipe (here is my fave choice word "Super" got it from my daughter)!

Very simple ingredients...it does take some time. Kinda...lol

For my family of 5 I use:

8 medium sized Zuchinnis...Thin sliced long ways

1 Package of Italian sausage

3 cups of ricotta cheese

2cups of mozarrella cheee

2 small cans of tomatoe sauce no sugar added. ( I forgot the carb count but its very small)

basil

salt

pepper

Parmesean cheese however much you want or none at all. Your preference

Preheat oven to 350.

Thinly slice Zuchinni long ways keeping as much width as possible. Boil to soften. Brown italian sausage. In a bowl add tomatoe sauce, basil, salt, pepper. Set aside. Drain sausage, add sauce to meat. Simmer. In another dish mix ricotta, 1 cup of the mozzarella, basil, salt, pepper and parmesean cheese together.

Drain Zuchinni.....In a medium sized baking dish spread a bit of meat sauce to the bottom and layer zuchinni add a layer of ricotta mixture and then meatsauce ( you can layer it as you please)...repeat process til dish is full or ingredients gone. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzo to the top and bake til golden and bubbly. About 25 mins or so.

Enjoy.

Goes great with a side salad.

That will be tonights dinner. YummmmmmmmEEEE!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:34 AM   #133
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyswife View Post
Good morning. Some of the bloat is leaving. Yay! Don't do that again. I want to see you out of the 200's by December 15, 2009 young lady.

I love CJ's six dollar cheeseburger and the jalapeno burger, but I won't be eating one for awhile. The cheeseburger has the ketchup and sweet pickles on it, so that's where some of the carbs are coming from.

Have an awesome day lady.

Shesh girl....I want to be out of the 200's like next week...lol. That would be some hard work to get to 199 by next friday....!

Oh yes....that burger was sooooo good. If I do get it again I will ask for no ketchup and no pickles. However......That willl be no time soon. Thanx hun for the well wishes.....Im in full get my arse in gear mode!
Old 11-29-2009, 06:40 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You're welcome. I think you can get to 199 by next Friday. Of course you will have to be extra strict, but it's doable. I just want my loading bloat to be gone. I almost killed over when the scale said 191. LOL Thankfully, I'm back in the 180's today.
Old 11-29-2009, 07:04 AM   #135
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
You're welcome. I think you can get to 199 by next Friday. Of course you will have to be extra strict, but it's doable. I just want my loading bloat to be gone. I almost killed over when the scale said 191. LOL Thankfully, I'm back in the 180's today.

Oh I feel you!! I knew after you loaded you would be cranky over the scale bumping up but...it is temporary....and doing that HCG diet always sees good losses the first few weeks....Its kinda neat. Im bout to head over to your journal!!! lol......cya!
Old 11-29-2009, 10:21 AM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
for a regular eggcream shake here is the receipe
Thanks for your recipe, I'll need to pick up some things at the store to try it, can't wait.

Quote:

Here is the nutrition content:

The Low Carb Six Dollar Burger®
Calories: 570
Calories from Fat: 380
Total Fat (g): 43
Saturated Fat: 18
Sodium: 1480
Carbohydrates (g): 7
Dietary Fiber: 1
Sugar: 5
Protein: 38
HOLY SODIUM batman!! I've heard that is yummy but there isn't a Carl's Jr out here so I've yet to try it.

Quote:
I want to see you out of the 200's by December 15, 2009 young lady.
Same here! You can do it!

Quote:
Super yummy recipe (here is my fave choice word "Super" got it from my daughter)!
I can't wait to try this too! I zucchini!

Have a great day!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 AM   #137
Major LCF Poster!

206 this morning and we even went to eat last nite at the chinese buffet. Ate all kinds of yumm things...I did have a few fried dumplings (tisk tisk)....but overall I still lost over the weekend.

K...gotta run errands....
Old 11-30-2009, 11:05 AM   #138
Big Yapper!!!!

mmmmm Chinese one of my fav foods!!! "drouls" you could totally be 199 by next friday, were all cheering for you
Old 11-30-2009, 03:31 PM   #139
Major LCF Poster!

OH regarding the buffet place I only ate things that I felt were allowed. Garlic greenbeans, salmon, brocolli, a few shrimp and zuchinni and chicken kabobs and a few fried dumplings. I was stuffed just with one plate. I also had about 6 crab legs. but of course the meat in it was nothing.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:00 PM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

mmmm crab legs!

Have a nice evening and day tomorrow
Old 11-30-2009, 09:08 PM   #141
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Chinese and thai are my favorite ethnic foods. My second love is mexican. Oh boy!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #142
Major LCF Poster!

Oooohh I love some Thai too!!

So...Had a great OP day. Had chix thighs and romaine salad for dinner. Weighed myself a bit ago and scale said 207....of course being that its nite time its not bad as it always fluxates here and there. that being said....Im pretty sure the scale will be a little lower then my 206....I hope. lol. I had a busy busy day and another one tomorrow. I really think I might get a bit closer to my goal by friday. I know not quite goal but I think Im going to push to 202 at least. Oh boy. Hun buns said that I was shrinking and getting some curves......Oh YAH!!! I noticed that I was but I had wondered if he noticed. He told me last nite....I was so happy.

Well off to sleep......gotta a hectic day in the morning. Good nite all!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:14 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yah...Im gonna do measurements again on friday.....lets see if I lost some inches!
Old 12-01-2009, 08:42 AM   #144
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: SquadLeader
Stats: 18/12 or 10/6 (on a 5'2'' frame)
WOE: Low carb/Atkins
Start Date: November 2009
Great job, MissG. I know you had a tough time being sick, but WOW you kept a positive attitude throughout!! I think that and getting you butt back OP helped!! Congrats!

Sorry about house falling through...
SquadLeader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:09 AM   #145
Big Yapper!!!!

your a curvalicious babe keep up the good work!!!
Old 12-01-2009, 12:52 PM   #146
Major LCF Poster!

awwwww thanx tempted...too cute!

SO........205 this morning !!!! Oh ya!!!!! I feel a new mini goal may just be acheived in a couple more days!!! Im so positive on this.
Old 12-01-2009, 08:00 PM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
SO........205 this morning !!!! Oh ya!!!!! I feel a new mini goal may just be acheived in a couple more days!!! Im so positive on this.
Old 12-02-2009, 08:27 AM   #148
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woo Hoo! 205 is good. 199 is just around the corner. Don't forget, your due date is Friday. LOL Just kidding! I'm happy you got back on plan. You will start the new year in Onederland.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:12 AM   #149
Major LCF Poster!

@ tommyswife....EXACTLY!!!! Well the whoosh fairy was kind to me again this morning. 204........oh boy if I could lose 1lb a day for the next few weeks that would be awesome .......WOW.....

So....I do feel 199 very very close. I think I can see 199 by next wednesday. a few days off then my goal but .....very close.

Be back in a bit to write some more...........
Old 12-03-2009, 08:32 PM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

So no loss for today still at 204 but thats ok. I am happy at anyrate.

For breakfast I had a bacon/cheeseburger patty.

Coffee

Water

Lunch....errrrrr ran errands all day? lol.....I was so busy I didnt eat. Not good.

Dinner .....Found some low carb flat breads they are 6carbs each. I slightly toasted them and then topped them with pizza toppings (tomatoe sauce with parmesean cheeese, basil, garlic, Mozzo cheese, mushrooms, a bit of sliced olives and 8 pepperonis. I also had a side salad. Total carbs for dinner are about 10 rounding off .carbs to 1. The sauce itself that I made was about 2carbs. I only ate half of the pizza I made

Tomorrow is weigh in day for our challenge. I wonder what my scale will see. I will also update my measurements for tomorrow. I wonder if they changed any in 2wks. or maybe I should do it monthly. I will measure and if there isnt really any noticable changes then I will do it montly and just gage it from there.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful LC day and a blessed nite!

Last edited by MissG; 12-03-2009 at 08:36 PM..