Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2013, 12:38 PM   #1201
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Aww girl, I'm sorry, doesn't sound like any fun!!! Hope you are back to 100% asap!!!
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-20-2013, 10:00 AM   #1202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Liv: Sorry you are feeling bad and hope you get better soon!

I am restarting induction today. My new son in law is trying out the LC way of eating so I am making a LC dinner with a spinach stuffed pork loin for everyone and adding in some high carb sides for the rest of the family. Starting wait for me is 198.6...
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 02:20 PM   #1203
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
I'm a bit dissapointed in myself. Almost 4 months have gone by and I have not checked in.

I have been doing LC but not to the T. Weight is still up but I am feeling better about myself after incorporating exercise in about 2 weeks ago.

Going from non moving status to using muscles you didn't even know you had will shock you!

I couldnt' walk for 3 days straight lol.....My body is getting use to it though. My bum has an everyday burn and I could hold a squat now for 20 seconds. The first day I couldn't even do that. I know this seems like nothing but I went from sitting on my ass to moving my ass all very suddenly and this is a big feat for me .

So for the last 2 weeks I have been very strict to my eating. Approaching the JUDDD method to how I see it is.

I started on that day at 253.

This morning I am 244.6

Still have to come back down from neglecting myself. I was eating Lc all these months but not really caring.....my "LC" eating was not really that and allowed for carb creep and weight gain.

I'm trying to get the Insanity workout so I could do it at home....Need to get my Arse MOVING!

Miss everyone....I hope everyone is doing wonderful!
Old 05-10-2013, 11:13 AM   #1204
Major LCF Poster!

Reflections....

From time to time I look back on my journal and see all my ups and downs. I reread some things from back in 2009-2010 that made me laugh.

I noticed how hard I was on myself even though I was smaller and was making great progress.

With that, I vow to myself to not let tiny set backs or losing slowly affect me any more.

I am more thrilled at non scale victories these days.

Seeing my clothes fit looser is way more rewarding.

Seeing my inches get smaller is awesome.

So what if the scale doesn't move daily or for days on end. Knowing that I'm shrinking is good enough!

The scale will not dictate my woe and push me back anymore.

Ok, small rant over!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #1205
Major LCF Poster!

Alrightyyy then!

Moving forward.

Ive been working out alot lately. I have muscles hurting that I didnt even know I had. I look forward to the daily burn. Even though I'm slowly incorporting this into my life, I feel the differene already.

Woke up to another loss this morning ....wooooot!! My clothes are fitting better and I'm not all grumpy and moody.

Starting as of yesterday, I will log my daily weights. I will also do my measurements tomorrow and BMI/Fat ratio, then again after a month.

The hubbs is back up with his weight and getting him back in the flow of things has been difficult. He just keeps giving into things. Oh well, I'm just going to focus on myself.

May 9th- 244.6
May 10- 243.6

So I'm just about 10 lbs down from about 15-16 days ago. The first week of working out my weight bumped up a bit...but came down last week.

Well, off to the store to pick up some things.

Buffalo chicken strips and Mashed cauliflower is on the menu for tonight.

I'm thinkin I may try out Chia seeds for the first time....need to research some recipes on how to incorporate those in.

Be back later!!
Old 05-11-2013, 04:28 PM   #1206
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Hey Olivia!!! Glad to see you back and at it! Missed you! Reading your posts has helped motivate me to get full control back on what I eat!

Congrats on those 10 lbs!!!
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 04:00 PM   #1207
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi Liv! Glad to see you are doing well. I really, really need to get back on track myself but haven't found the motivation lately. I wish I could get back into that 2009 state of mind. We did so good for awhile...I have toyed with the idea of doing some other plan but really feel like low carb is best for me and this time I really want to try to incorporate some exercise as well. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I am around to offer support if you need it!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:03 AM   #1208
Major LCF Poster!

Grrrrrr........... Self control has been lost and tossed out the window!

I really don't understand why I cannot get back into the swing of things. All I'm doing is making things harder for myself.

All I hear in my head is blah, blah, blah, blah blah blah.............. Carbs? What carbs? Eat it!!!!!

All day long I do good and self control flys out the window come evening.

I need help! I'm tired of this .........I need help!
Old 07-16-2013, 03:47 AM   #1209
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
Hi, saw you post in Danielle's journal & found my way here.

I can relate to your frustration...some days/moments are great and others I totally lose the reins. Just wanted to encourage you! Keep your head up.
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 01:26 PM   #1210
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Jayce! Thank you for the encouragement. Right now I could use all the motivation I can muster up.

Well Yesterday I had a semi low carb day. Today has been better. I planned out the rest of the weeks menus so I have no set backs.

I need to learn how to eat breakfast again. Sometimes I just dont wanna!

The hubbs and I need to get back on track. He is feeling the weight gain too. Poor guy, what am I doing to us?!

No excuses, I have to do this!

I'm so embarresed of my weight these days. I've slowly crept back up the scale over this last year. No, over the last 3 years......I've never fully recovered from my spiral downward in 2010. <------------- That in itself is pathetic!

I was all the way down to 190ish and swoll back up to this........

I am posting my weight for accountability..........260

Not cute at all.

It's time to take back myself.
Old 07-17-2013, 11:58 AM   #1211
Major LCF Poster!

Posted some of this in another thread...just adding to it.

Yesterday was day 1 completely back on plan and had a good day. I did not get side tracked or derailed. I hung on tight! Having meals planned in advanced makes this woe eating easier, especially in the beginning.

With that, I lost a 4.5lbs over night. I know I am full of bloat right now and TOM has the scale reading higher anyways. I will just have to suck up the fact that the scale did read 260 yesterday and just start with it regardless of tom and his swollen antics.

As I mention above, planning out meals makes it easier for me to adhere to.
I will admit that I did try get my arse back in gear last week with no luck. I just winged it with whatever I had in the house but that was just a joke. Still the hubbs benefited from it and weighed last night and is down 4lbs even after our hazardly weekend carbfest.

Guess what?

It's my weekend coming up!

My birthday really is on monday the 22nd but we do birthday weekends. I'm really trying to not think about it cause I know there is going to be plans of carbs and alcohol. CAKE? oh....I don't want to think about. So I wont.

I really want to be lower. Cake is not worth my back flairing up or the fact that I feel I'm waddling. Alcohol? why for the brief buzz that leads me to a carb binge. No. It always happens.

Maybe I'm getting older (35) but I just want to enjoy my quiet time and relax. Maybe go see a movie or go to the beach.

Ok, drinking some coffee...

Men and their fat burning abilities. blugh....

Talk to you all later!
Old 07-18-2013, 01:51 PM   #1212
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Olivia!

I stumbled across your journal and wanted to offer some support. I am 35, lowest in the 190's and was very comfortable there. I have gone out of control and reached the highest weight ever at 284. I am down almost 10 lbs since starting again. Just be patient with yourself. It's not a race as my DF Deb says...

I'll check in on your journey! I know you can do this!
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 12:05 PM   #1213
Major LCF Poster!

Going on Day 4 back on Full fledge induction. Tuesday and Wednseday were the hardest to keep my head straight but as of yesterday I had little appetite or desire to eat anything. I also was in ketosis. Headache and off feeling all day. Woke up with another wooshie.

Started on monday night but as of that day I was at 262.

7/15..262
7/16..260 <---Recommited
7/17..255.4
7/18..254
7/19..252.6

So....9.4 in 4 days. Tom is full fledge so this is more then likely water weight....but I feel so much better just releasing this amount off me.

Hubbs is in full ketosis now....We are both feeling the energy spike today. I hardly was able to sleep last night and he as well. This morning he showed a total loss of 8lbs from last week til today.

He told me this morning that he was very excited that we are back on track and it feels goo to eat right and now that it benefits him.

I sothis man! Especially when we are able to be on the same level! lol....

ok, have a house full of neices ....it was nice having them over!

Will post back later.

Last edited by MissG; 07-19-2013 at 12:06 PM..
Old 09-06-2013, 11:59 PM   #1214
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Everyone!

Here again....lol

9/6....253.6

Started back on track a few days ago. Didn't weigh at that time. I'm thinking I'm just going to weigh in weekly on fridays. That I don't get discourage by the fluctuations.

I've been walking alot lately. My stride is getting faster and my legs don't feel as off balance anymore. Each walk I've been pushing myself a lil further and soon I'll add in 2 walks a day. It's crazy how we don't realize how out of shape we are until we actually put in work.

I also am looking into to joining a crossfit program at a local facility here. The program is awesome and I could really use a swift kick in the arse ! lol.....
Old 09-09-2013, 11:18 AM   #1215
Major LCF Poster!

Weekend was a bit carby. I need to do some grocery shopping and get the some LC options for the week.
Tom is rearing his ugly head right now with bloat and cravings messing me up. Saturday was evening was horrible but I didn't let it put me in a downward spiral. I'm just picking up where I left off and continue on eating back on plan.

9/6....253.6
9/9....255.3-tom
Old 09-11-2013, 10:39 AM   #1216
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Everyone!

Just checking in for accountability. Yesterday was my oldest daughters Birthday. My big girl is now 15, even though she has been having 15 yr old attitude for the last 2 years. lol. Anyways. Her birthday dinner wish was to have spinach lasagna, so I whipped her up some and I did have a small serving of it with salad. She made some cupcakes and we had my mom, my sister and nephew over for the evening. I didn't care to have any of the sweets so that worked to my advantadge.

She enjoyed her day with a new dress she HAD to sport to school, a new purse and a new pair of shoes. This girl is a fashion diva and keeps me on my toes of newest styles. lol.....so sad that I kinda fell of the radar.

Her friends from school bought her some cute lil things that she came home excited about yesterday.

All in all she had a great day.

I walked so much yesterday my legs felt heavy by the time I went to sleep last night. Got a few hours of sleep but I think I'm running on E since the last few days have been late nights due to insomnia and early mornings for the kids.

Since I haven't really been following LC to the T, I finally made out my dinner lists for the rest of the week. Over the last week I have been slowly cutting out carbs and it has made a difference but I need to go lower. I'm not going to do very low carb, actually I plan to do things a bit differently this time.

As always with this woe, I would cut my carbs out completely and lose weight quickly but end up going off plan and gaining back. This time I plan on doing about 30-50 carbs per day. I want to see if it helps with keeping me on track and focused. I might not lose as quickly but as long as there is a steady decrease that is fine by me.

Weighed myself this morning and back down a few from the 9/6 and tom. As soon as tom leaves the building I'm sure it will go lower.

9/6....253.6
9/9....255.3-tom
9/11..253

I guess there was a man who just quit his job with TSA and was making some threats about 9/11 and LAX. He managed to be caught by the FBI and of all places here in Riverside,ca and a few blocks over from where I live. He was arrested around midnight last night after they found his van abandoned with the doors opened outside the Riverside airport. This morning there was a whole sky filled with media helicopters reporting on the incident and 4 major streets around the airport were blocked off. It was chaotic around here.

Well, I'm off here for the moment. I want to research ways to use coconut flour. I know its not vlc but it is lc friendly in moderation.

I'll post later.....Everyone have a wonderful day!
Old 09-11-2013, 06:27 PM   #1217
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
HUGS!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 09:26 AM   #1218
Major LCF Poster!

Well Hello MissLatte!!! How are you doing? I've missed you!

Checking in for accountability.....

9/6....253.6
9/9....255.3-tom
9/11..253
9/13..250

lol....I'm laughing cause I know if I would just buckle down and get completely with it I could be lower. Still that is ok cause about 2weeks ago I was about 262, so I've lost 12 lbs so far.

I know by next week It will look better.

Have a good weekend everyone! I will check back in on monday!
Old 09-13-2013, 09:29 AM   #1219
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great weekend, beautiful!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 11:33 AM   #1220
Major LCF Poster!

She looked HAPPY, so I Signed up for a 5k in March called RunorDye!

I went and did the unthinkable. I am going to accomplish this!!! Couch to 5k, I know I can do it. I can do anything I put my mind to.

I was looking though some old pictures and saw someone I once knew. She looked happy, healthier and was SMILING!

That person was me!

In august of 2009 I suddenly one day looked at myself and realized I was not happy, I was disgusted, I was miserable and I WAS DETERMINED TO MAKE A CHANGE!

I did!

I lost about 45lbs from mid august 09 til january. Maintained within a 5lb window for a few months and then my SO and I endured some very rough times that lasted for almost 3years.

I gained weight during those times, not because I wasnt trying but because we were homeless for a year and half. We ate processed foods half the time as we werent always able to cook. Stress pushed me to a high of 270 by october 2011 and since have floated in the 250's range since. THe lowest I got was about 235 early spring of last year due to a work schedule that didnt allow me to even think about eating. Overnights can reek havoc on your body and lack of sleep. The days were filled with being a mom ,runnin errands and cleaning.

I was at that job for almost a year when I started getting migraines and literally had a mental break down. Needless to say, I quit that job even though I shouldnt have but my mental state was screaming and it started to take a physical toll on me.

Our lives are a 1000x's better from where they were and our eyes have been opened to see things for what they truly are and where we once were.

With that, there is absolutely no excuse as to why I have been allowing myself to remain comfortable with where I am now.

There is no reason at all!

So when I saw this very happy woman the other night smiling back at me I knew that this mediocre part of my lazy life is done!

I want to lose weight for health reasons, I want tone and sculpt to become more defined and build muscle and shed body fat. I want to prove to myself that I can do this!

So I registered for the run! I have no exuses now, I have to do it! I have 5 months to get myself conditioned. By then I hope to have shed some of this body fat, making me more able bodied to strength train to be able to do this. IT sounds like a big goal. For me it is!

For some a 5k can be done daily. For me this is a personal challenge to be able to do this!

IM SO FLIPPEN EXCITED!

So to be accountable, here is my weights as of yesterday. The first day of my new me. I will not call this a restart, or whatever. I am making this official to myself that this is a new me phase.

I did just get over a cold having used benadryl,tylenol and an inhaler. So the high weight i know is from the meds. I took one week off LC from being half bedridden from it.

9/29-249
between sick/meds
10/8....259
10/9....257
10/10..254

Slowly coming down off the bloat oh and tom came and hit me with a double wammy at the same time so hopefully I'll have a drop from that too by tomorrow since he as now exited the building. He is such a jerk! lol....

Looking forward to a new sense of well being. Seeing progress with non scale victories is more of desire at this point. Inches never lie.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #1221
Blabbermouth!!!

I am so excited for you! You're right, you CAN do this.

You know I'll be there with ya every step of the way!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:05 AM   #1222
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Dani! All we gotta do is put our minds to it, that's all!

Well Good Mornin' Everyone!

Tired as can be.....I ended up with a hella bad migraine yesterday that made me miserable half a day and left me feeling off the rest. Still stuck to my P's and Q's. I was concerned that my weight would bump up from taking two doses of tylenol yesteday but I was pleasantly surprised about my weigh in.

9/29-249
between sick/meds
10/8....259
10/9....257
10/10..254
10/11..252

Drank and incredible amount of water yesterday which may of helped or after tom bloat disappeared. Whatever, its good and Ill take it.

Walked the kids to school this morning. Nothing too long....actually its just a block away. Most mornings its rush rush but I made sure to get up and get out the door to get some movement in. So in total in walking to the elementary is 4 blocks when counting there and back X 2. Still not enough lol...but its getting me moving. and thats what counts.

Doing egg creams today and every friday and tuesday here on out.

I found a fat bomb fluff (?) recipe that Im gonna mix up. Its suppose to come out more like a mouse then a solid fat bomb so we'll see how that turns out. lol....

Welp, off to get some things finished I never got to yesterday.

Everyone have a great day. I will post again later!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:45 AM   #1223
Blabbermouth!!!

Go you!

Walking is walking, at least you're doing it! I have to get that going next week because I am feeling restless for sure.

Lemme know how the fat bomb thingy works out, this may be something I might wanna incorporate for LC days. Sounds YUM to me!

Have a GREAT day girly!
Old 11-27-2013, 05:55 PM   #1224
Major LCF Poster!

I am a disgrace!

I need help.

Thats all..........
Old 11-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #1225
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
I am a disgrace!

I need help.

Thats all..........
NEVER

What can I do?

Old 12-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #1226
Major LCF Poster!

After 4 years, I think its time to start a new journal.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 AM   #1227
Major LCF Poster!

I Can Do This....I WILL make it Happen!

New start...New Journal. Join me on my adventure over there!