Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2012, 01:11 PM   #1171
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
back down to 235.2 today. Luckily all the bloat was indeed just that..... so onwards and downwards I go.

Also would like to report that my hun buns weight is at 197. He is down 26 lbs in 7 weeks. Awesomeness!!!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 09:20 AM   #1172
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
Stats: 254.2/222.8/140
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Great job losing the bloat! Onward and downward!!

Great job to the honey! Men... J/K! That is fabulous news!!!!

Keep up the great work, never give up!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:03 AM   #1173
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
Keep it up MissG, you're doing great!!!
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 12:15 PM   #1174
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies....I know I haven't been on much lately. We've been handling some business and ended up moving yesterday to an apartment with less rent and no mold. The landlord must of been out of his crazy mind if he thought we were going to pay him 1200 a month for plumbing issues, a broken stove and black mold. So ya......

Anyways reporting in for the day...... Weigh in this morning was 232!!! wooooootttt......

Oh and my hun buns in at 194.....grrrrrrrrr....lol.....jk.....I luv that he is pushing along and not veered of track......

Well I need to go and unpack .......fun stuff!!
Old 11-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #1175
Major LCF Poster!

OH yes, I'm only 12 lbs away from my first mini goal!!!
Old 11-03-2012, 04:37 PM   #1176
Blabbermouth!!!

Proud of you for sticking to it despite all you have going on. Good for you!

Mini goal here you come!
Old 11-04-2012, 06:51 AM   #1177
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post

Anyways reporting in for the day...... Weigh in this morning was 232!!! wooooootttt......
That's amazing, you are on top of this!!! Soon to break into the 220's!!!
Old 11-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #1178
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you ladies for your support!!

I'm feeling very swollen today. I really neglected my water intake yesterday......

Pushing water and relaxing today.
Old 11-07-2012, 11:36 AM   #1179
Major LCF Poster!

Hello ladies......and everyone else......

Well I came down with a cold .....not too horrible but still had to resort to some cold medicine. Weight is bumped up a bit but it will come down quick. I'm sure its from the cold and the medicine.

In the past when I would get sick it would trigger a major binge for me. For some reasons food made me feel better. Not my cold but my head. I would eat all kinds of crap food and get stuffed full an then would have to redo all my work when I finally felt better.

Pure ridiculousness .......lol.

I'm proud of myself for allowing myself to get triggered into a binge. Although I have to say EVERYTHING that was a NO-NO looked good last night.

Todays weight is 233.2. Again, cold and medicine bloat I'm sure.

Still thinking of recipes for Turkey day dinner. Another fellow Lc'er posted a recipe on another social website for some Lc/Gluten free pumpkin bars. I think I'm going to try it out.

This Saturday 11/10 is my lil girls 5th Bday. Time flies. It seems like just yesterday I was holding her so tiny in my arms and now she's such a free spirit full of spunk and determination to be her own person. I love her so much! Well we decided to take her to a pizza/game place out here and bring a cake. There are rides,games bowling there so it will be fun for her.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:49 PM   #1180
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw sorry you've been sick. That's no bueno! Hang tight, that weight WILL disappear for sure. Good for you for thinking and realizing that you ARE capable of getting through this without the need to comfort. I know it's hard, I am just like you. So proud of you!

I still don't know what I'm doing for turkey day either. I suppose I should get a move on as it'll be here before we know it!

Have a great night!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:56 PM   #1181
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hope your cold goes away and the birthday celebration goes well!!

This is my plan for Turkey day at my house:

Cheese crisps
black olives and pickles
green olives / stuffed sweet peppers

Turkey (with herbed butter rub)
Cranberry sauce (straight up cranberries and stevia)
Cranberry sausage stuffing - Healthy Living How To (with hazelnut bread cubes)
Rolls - Buttoni's Rosemary onion dinner rolls
green bean bacon bundles

pumpkin cheesecake or caramel apple cheesecake (from your lighter side)
chocolate chip cookies for dad (Nestle recipe)

YUM!!! On Thanksgiving we're going to BF's G'ma's house and they're getting food from Mimi's.. I called them to see what would be edible for me and it looks like just the turkey (it's smoked). Saturday will be Thanksgiving at my house, my parents are driving down from Wyoming to hang out! Yay!
Old 12-19-2012, 12:38 PM   #1182
Major LCF Poster!

Hi guys!

Well it's been over a month since I've checked in. Since I last posted I've had some issues keeping on track...I'll do good for a few days and then go off plan. I really don't know what my issue is right now.

I've been constantly holding between 234-240 back and forth. Super sux. I need to prioritize and get my butt in gear. My end of the year goal was to be at 220 at least but well it doesn't look like thats going to happen.

On a positive note, the hun buns is at 188...still losing and even he has kinda been off and on with his eating but no where like me. He got stuck at 191 for a few weeks. We then had an up day for thanksgiving and right after he dropped a few.

Well, just thought I would check in and see how everyone is doing. Xmas is right around the corner and I hope everyone is having a blessed holiday.
Old 12-19-2012, 01:23 PM   #1183
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm so happy to see you, I have missed you!

Honey, I think you're in a pattern that many are in, especially this time of year. Be kind to yourself and get through the holidays and then get ready to jump. You know what to do! I'll be here, and I know Melanie is running around here somewhere kickin some tail herself.. Looking forward to the holiday's, but also looking forward to them passing cause this means no more reasons to not lose some weight!

Don't disappear anymore!
Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM   #1184
Major LCF Poster!

awwww......Thanx for the pep talk! I think that is exactly what it is...The time of year. I also have been indulging in a few drinks once a week which is a bigger trigger for me. I know its causing my weekly downfall but when I get with company i kinda just enjoy it.

I am completely buckling down after the the new year. At least then I know I will make definite progress downwards. I'll make sure to keep posting no matter what.

To stay accountable I WILL post today's weight...Reluctantly I will add..lol.......but here goes.

Dec. 19 240.2

I will post weight no matter what....it might just get me moving quicker.....I did have a horrible last few days from last thursday til sunday. I'm pretty sure my weight was much higher after that last binge which was out of control.

I hate knowing I'm a binge eater! Theres my confession of the day!

Melanie......if you read this, you are doing awesome!!!!!!! I saw your stats and both you guys are rockin' it ........I'll have to play catch up but......I'll get there too!!! Keep up the good work ladies.....

Danielle...have a great time in vegas!
Old 12-19-2012, 05:55 PM   #1185
Major LCF Poster!

Hellloo gorgeous!!!! I've missed you around here!! I don't usually post up pics but I wanted to post it in hopes of inspiring you to kick some booty! This is a side by side of me at ~245/155. YOU can do this!

I'm going to start a round of HCG with my first VLCD on January 1st. We can keep each other accountable - how's that sound?
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #1186
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post

Melanie......if you read this, you are doing awesome!!!!!!! I saw your stats and both you guys are rockin' it ........I'll have to play catch up but......I'll get there too!!! Keep up the good work ladies.....
Welcome back and thank you!!! I kinda fell of the wagon for a few days, but I'm back on today and flushing these choc chip cookies out of my system! It's gonna be fun with you back to "hang" with, lol!
Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #1187
Major LCF Poster!

Misslatte and Melanie: I've missed you guys as well!! I had to come "home" because I needed to get the support that keeps me motivated.

Misslatte: You hard work shows clear as night and day in your DL pics. You've made tremendous progress with this woe. I wish I took to the hcg thing, but I literally could not stomach it. It made me naseuas and I gained.....

Melanie: Those choco cookies will come off in no time.

I came down with a cold yesterday. super sux....So i've been taking tylenol and meds. At least i feel a bit better today then yesterday

Weight for today.

Dec. 19.... 240.2
Dec. 20.... 240

Had Taco salad for dinner last night (lettuce with meat and all the yummy fixings) .

Tonight I'm making Enchilada bake with Tomatillo and Cilantro green sauce. I'm so in love with this sauce right now ...so good! Also will have a side salad.

I hope everyone is having a great day.....
Old 12-20-2012, 11:29 AM   #1188
Major LCF Poster!

I hope your cold goes away! Sniffles are no fun! Make sure to up your water!

How are the cute girlies of yours doing?

The enchilada bake sounds good! I think I've only actually had enchiladas once or twice. Wasn't part of the 'food group' growing up in northern Wyoming. LOVE mexican and spicy food now.. YUM! Can you share the recipe with me?

(Hi Melanie, I'm Amy. Nice to 'meet' you )
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #1189
Major LCF Poster!

I am pushing water big time today. on my 3rd 16.9 oz water bottle so far. It's almost 1pm here now. So If I can drink another 3 today, I'll be happy.

Colds suck, especially since the kids are always around others who are sick and bring the communal germs and bacteria home. I'm having a hard time getting my lil one to cover her mouth when she coughs as well as when she sneezes. yuck...lol

Anyways...So how I make the enchilada bake ....... I have 2 ways. 1 using Lc tortillas (not always good though cause they tend to get soggy) and 2 just shredding the chicken up and putting sauce and cheese with and bake in the oven.

with the sauces, I'll use la victoria green enchilada sauce when I dont have time to make my own sauce. Lately, I've been making the tomatillo and cilantro sauce which is 100X better.

For my family I use

5 tomatillos
1 Onion cut up chunky
and as much garlic as you like.

I place the tomatillos either in a foil wrap or on old pie pan along with cut up onion and garlic and drizzle with EVOO. Cook in oven @ 275-300 until soft then open the foil pack and turn oven up to 475 til it starts getting a lil carmalized and roasted.

Remove and place everything in a blender (or what have you) and add as much cilantro as you like. Blend and salt and pepper to taste.

So good. Hope my instructions are understandable....lol.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:36 PM   #1190
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi there! Stopping by to wish you a Happy New Year! I haven't had time to read your posts, so I am not sure if you are still on plan. I restarted (again) today...
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #1191
Major LCF Poster!

I'm back.......

Ok, I didn't really go anywhere...just lurked here and there. I was majorly sick for 15 days. The longest ever. For the last 7 of those 15 days, I literally was bed ridden and could not breath. Having no insurance I felt no point going to the ER since I would not be able to pay for any medications if prescribed and I would be left with a big hospital bill. At one point I was so miserable that all i could do is sob and wince for a breath of air. I prayed and prayed to be able to breath and stop coughing so I didnt have to go to the hospital. So from Xmas night til New years day I stayed dosed in Cough syrup. Tussin for the first 3days and then found mucinex and that worked for the last 4 days. I think It went from a reg cold to bronchitis. I wish that on NO ONE !!!!!!! I have never ever been that sick in my whole life. So be my luck, Tom had to show up and join the party all at the same time. ya, double whammy. No bueno.

Well, still having coughing spasms but feeling 100% compared to the last week. My energy levels are back and I have been off the juice(cough meds) for 2 days. lol.......

The only thing good about that stuff is that It MAJORLY supressed my appetite.

For the last 2 weeks I have been off plan. Not eating crazy or anything but Off plan. Considering being sick, not eating LC and taking meds, I managed to semi maintain my weight during this.

I'm ready to take charge of my WOE again. I just absolutely know I can do better then what I've been "trying" to do. So today Is Day 1 back OP. I did sleep in today and woke at 10am. Yes, bad me. I have had 1 cup of coffee w/hwc and splenda so far.

So Juddd had been popping out at me since I came back on a few weeks back. I thought to myself , who has time to count calories? Not me! Shoot, thats the the last thing I want to on a daily basis. However, I'm seeing that it is an actual proven woe that sheds lbs and keeps you burning.

My pros/cons on this woe:

Pros:

Up Days- I can eat at a higher carb amount *good carbs* to not get carb sensitive.

Down days- Because in all actuality, I do sometimes hate eating and I could literally have an liquid dd

Steady weight loss

Weight seems to stay off for those that I've read up on. *sorry I tend lurk too*

Cons:

Counting calories- ughhhh.....ya, that's all.

PLANNING!- I'm not a meal planner, I mean I am. I buy my groceries with intent to create meals with what I've purchased but I cannot for the life of me create a weekly meal plan and stick to it. I find it easier to make meals based on time. Like if last night I wanted to make said meal and here comes today and know I'm on crunch time due to family, I will then chose to make an easier less time consuming meal and prepare said meal the next evening ahead of time. I know I should make said meal ahead of time and all THAT would be avoided but that's where my planning does not work. Make sense?

Weight may come off slower- Now, I really have no place to put this in my cons seeing as my weight loss has slowed dramatically as I've aged but I have noticed for some that it does come off at a slower rate. Again, pointing back to the Pros, It also shows to stay off.

With that I have decided that I will give UDDD a shot and see how it works for me.

I will try this first. I think I will keep the hun buns at LC levels during the down days and up him along with me on my up days. He actually does really good with carb cycling as I've noted. So this may keep him burning faster instead of having him at a lower carb level. I'll test what he can handle. Seeing as he still just goes by what I provide for him.

Lol...he said If I start gaining weight I'll know you are intentionally feeding my carbs cause I would not know otherwise. lol...true story tho...he's too much!

So since I been off plan for awhile now, I need to get back in the mindset so I will do reg lc til sunday which will be down day. This gives me a few days to finish researching on this woe and to "plan". lol..........

To stay accountable here is my weight for today.

I'll be back later to post.

Last edited by MissG; 01-03-2013 at 11:38 AM..
Old 01-03-2013, 05:57 PM   #1192
Senior LCF Member

Oh yay, I'm soo excited your back and are prob going to try JUDDD!!! Danielle got me into it and I like it!!! I've still got a long ways to go and am a slow loser, but I feel like I CAN and WILL do this!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #1193
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm sorry you were so sick! I feel ya, I had it for over 3 weeks and I am STILL coughing I had a thought that mine may have turned to bronchitis too..and nope never went to the doc! And yep, TOM joined me while I was sick too.. WTH with that?! Went to Vegas hacking & coughing and all hopped up on cough drops and beer!

Glad you are considering JUDDD. Just like anything there are pros & cons to every plan, just go with something that you can sustain. I love the plan because it fits very well with my lifestyle and the guilt of "going off plan" is gone. I used to be so dead set against trying this plan because of the counting involved, but in all honesty, it's been ok. I log food alot of times a day ahead so I know exactly what I'm having, takes the guess work out of things..other times I fly by the seat of my pants and end up fine. You can make this work, and I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how good you'll start to feel. I look forward to DD's and like how they make my body feel. That is something I never would have dreamed in a zillion years!

Whatever you decide, know that we are here to support you no matter what

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 01-04-2013, 12:45 PM   #1194
Major LCF Poster!

Liv: Sorry you have been sick but glad you are feeling better now. Today is day 4 for me (although I cheated last night so technically Day 1 again)... I have looked at the JUDDD a few times and thought about it but have never been brave enought to switch over... Let me know what you think.
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:29 PM   #1195
Major LCF Poster!

Good Afternoon ladies and lurkers.

Tara...Good to see you back too. I am giving Juddd a try and I def. will tell you how it works out.

I have had almost no appetite yesterday and today. Don't know what it is all about.

I tried to eat some HB eggs yesterday for lunch and literally had to gag 1 down. No hunger all day til last night but we ate very very late due to some issues with a car. My intentions were set on keeping LC starting yesterday but we opted to grab some quick breakfast burritos from albertos mexican food out here. I at the insides of the burrito with just a bit of tortilla. It left me feelin naseaus, still to this moment.

With that, I have no appetite right now. At least I am drinking my fluids.

Weight:

Jan.3.... 241.4
Jan.4.... 238.4

I'm almost thinking I'm detoxing off the OTC meds. Thats a quick drop overnight....but seeing as I stopped taking the otc meds on tuesday it would make sense it coming out of my system by now. egh, I dont know.

My energy, happy mood feeling self was all there yesterday but today I am feeling a bit nonchalant.

It's funny how hearing a statement come out of someones mouth you care about can affect ones entire outlook. That burning stinging statement that cannot be taken back. However, all things lead up to a verbal outburst. Well, there is truth in all this. Maybe I am in denial seeing as it is now the 5-6th time this last year that things have been stated in a roundabout way. Ignorance is bliss..............
Old 01-07-2013, 08:36 AM   #1196
Major LCF Poster!

and so it begins...........

For the last 4 days I have been eating LC. Not one shift in the scale or let me rephrase that....actually gained back that medicine bloat loss.. oh and not one tell tale sign of ketosis. Even after 4 days of LC I was horribly hungry last night. Usually by this day, ketosis kicks in and curbs my appetite. After fighting with myself, I gave in.

I am disappointed in myself right now. That I couldn't fight the temptation to eat stupid snack crackers and cookies last night. I'm more sad at the fact that in 4 days not an ounce has fell off me.

I looked into juddd. Researched and planned out ideas to make this happen and all I see is it not happening. I'm so confused over this woe , it's ridiculous.

On one side Im reading about some eating within a window with a fasting time of 17-20hours. Some giving themselves between 4-7 hrs to eat all their cals. WTH? IMHO, if i only had say 4 hrs in which I could only eat my set dd cals, I would end up triggering a binge. I prolly would be so mentally hungry that I would be fighting myself in my head on whether or not I will be full on attacking the kitchen.

For those who have binge tendencies, I'm sure you can relate to the fight in your head.........

Then there are those who don't have set boundaries........I'm just so confused.

Apparently fasting between said DD and UD's keeps you burning but only being allowed to eat within a small window has it's disadvantages.

To me it just does not seem feasible.

I seem to be finding every excuse to no try this.....even though I grocery shopped for a weeks worth of foods for this too. It just is throwing me off for the simple fact of having to rearrange all cooking to accomodate my woe and then my S/O's and then the kids. That's alot of EXTRAS to plan out.

I think the negative nancy in me has taken over any of my positivity the last few days.

egh.....

Today's weight:

Old 01-07-2013, 02:06 PM   #1197
Senior LCF Member

I'm sorry your frustrated, I know how you feel! It's no fun when you're trying really hard, but not seeing the results!

As far as JUDDD goes, why don't you commit to trying it for 2 weeks, or at least 1 week, then you can think about whether or not you want to continue... Go to this website... http://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet. com/html/how-to-do-the-diet.html. There's a calculator you can use to figure out what your DD and UD calories should be. I honestly don't count my UD calories, I just try to eat a normal amount, not stuff myself or eat too little. Counting on a DD is a easy... You could do this low carb, moderate carb, however you wanna try it! If you wanted to count UD calories, than it's prob easier when not doing low carb, but then I am a low carb fan.... though what I just ate wouldn't really agree with that... Carbs just scare me, cuz when I have one I want them all!!! So just eat your DD calories whenever you want, I like mornings, but some people spread it out or wait till evening. Than on your UD, you can have breakfast, lunch, dinner, snacks, etc....

Anyways, I hope I've given you some motivation!!!

15 lbs gone: 202 11/5/12
25 lbs gone: 192 1/19/13
32 lbs gone: 185 4/16/13
40 lbs gone:177
Now at a healthy weight: 168
Goal weight with 57 lbs gone: 160

Old 01-08-2013, 11:21 AM   #1198
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Liv! I am having problems getting restarted too and am very frustrated as well. I kind of posted about it in a thread I started for binges...

After my "binge" last night, my weight (which was down from 198 starting to 195.4 last Friday) is now back up to 197.6 ... so the last week feels wasted. I am not in ketosis. While I have the desire to get back on plan, I can't stay motivated.... We know we can do LC and we know it works when done correctly. In thinking over the last few days I realize that I was not doing a true "induction". I think I am going to restart tomorrow and try to get through an entirely clean two week induction.... Whichever plan you choose, I hope it works for you. In the meantime, I am here if you want to vent!
Old 01-08-2013, 04:36 PM   #1199
Blabbermouth!!!

Aw honey, I'm sorry this is frustrating for you. Be kind to yourself and go easy about going off plan. I can really relate to everything, I really can
I don't give myself a window of time to eat at all..I eat my DD calories whenever and my UD calories all day long.. so far so good. there are some DD's where I was getting to the point that I was literally fasting besides 2 cups of coffee..just wasn't hungry. Of course right now I am starved on DD's because I blew my rotations during the holidays and being sick & traveling There are different ideas about windows of eating but you don't "have" to eat that way if you don't want to. Have you visited the threads here on the site? There is alot of information here I think may inspire you.

Like Melanie suggested, maybe 2 weeks is a good place to start? Maybe going into a 2 week of induction where you can detox if you need to would be better? No matter what, know that I'll support you no matter what you decide! YOU have to find what is sustainable for YOU and only YOU. I can understand the pressure of thinking about the rest of the family and what they're eating, especially if everyone is eating differently. Luckily on my end we all eat the same and I just eat less on DD's so it all works out.. Work it girly, you can accomplish anything you set your mind to. We are here with you all the way!
Old 01-19-2013, 12:03 PM   #1200
Major LCF Poster!

Hello Ladies and Lurkers......

Not been feeling too hot lately. As soon as I started recouping from the dang viral cold/flu the other week, I was hit with an apparent stomach flu last saturday night resulting in profuse vomitting lasting until almost noon sunday. Since then I have had here and there nausea, a sick tummy and almost no energy leaving me with absolutely no motivation to do anything let alone to eat anything close to lc.

I feel absolutely cruddy with bouts of this coming here and there.

Weight is bumped up to 246. Probably from all the tylenol I've been taking lately. Of course I also have been eating things that sit with my stomach too.

I hope this goes away soon.