Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2012, 12:42 PM   #1141
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
ahhahahah...onward and upward!!! GURRRLLL...IT's suppose to be downwards!! Jk...I know ....it's the bouncing game!! I hate it too!

I don't have my phone on right now, Moneys tight...and I wish I could afford to have it on. I'm a texter too!

Well my new low yesterday didn't stick....Super sucky! TOm should of been here already and is now late. The last few months my tom has been showing later and later. I just wish it would come and go so I can get on with my weight loss.

I am really bloated today. I felt it as soon as I woke today and today's goal is to push greentea like crazy to get this retention off. Greentea works really well as a diuretic for me.

Today is my stepsons 11th Bday. I'm about to make him a cake and wish him Happy Birthday. No temptations here whatsoever.........proud of that.

I made some crumbcake for the kids yesterday and my S/O saw it and stared at it. I covered it up and said that is not for us. He just looked at me and said sadly, I know. lol......I hope he didn't think he was gonna sneak a piece. I know he hasn't...lol...there was the same amounts in it today. Good Boy!

Ok, off to play house....lol.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #1142
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Probably just stress delaying TOM, mine does that...I like to get it over with so I get antsy.

I think it's smart of you to measure, very helpful in seeing progress. Small changes add up.

Men just suck. I lose faster than my DH but only because he keeps cheating a lot and falling off the wagon. I'm a little more strong willed than he is and determined I suppose, otherwise I bet he'd pass me up. You sound really proud of him and he sounds like he is really determined to lose the weight so kudos to him.

Wow! That takes strength to not eat cake that you've made. Good job to you both!!! KUTGW!!

Have a nice evening!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM   #1143
Major LCF Poster!

Oye, I haven't posted in 2 days. Weather here has been in triple digits and driving me up the wall. Luckily today was the last day of extreme heat and we will start going down into the mid 90's. Still warm for October but glad the heats over.

Weight for the last 2 days:
10/1 242ish (something like that)
10/2 241.4

Keeping it 100% and enjoying the fact that I am eating only when I feel true hunger. It's been great keeping my head in check (no binge thoughts) and noticing real differences despite the scale not moving so much.

Today's water intake has not been so great but enough to stay hydrated. I need to get the water up tomorrow. Tom finally showed and I'm so ready for it to be gone so I can get back to my normal.

Everyone have a great night!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 PM   #1144
Major LCF Poster!

Amen gf!! TOM needs to leave the building already.

Glad you're doing well. You sound like you're more in tune with your food and body.

I'm ready for the cool weather too. Cali is great during the fall season.

Have a great night!
Old 10-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #1145
Major LCF Poster!

238.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok yes, Im kinda excited!!

So tom was the reason I was stuck and still for the last week and half with the bouncing game.
As soon as It showed I immediatley dropped from where I was at!! wooohoooo..........

Oct.1 242ish (something like that)
Oct.2 241.4
Oct.3 239.6
Oct.4 238.6
Old 10-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #1146
Major LCF Poster!

That's awesome!! WTG!!
Old 10-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #1147
Major LCF Poster!

237.8!

Thank you Karen!! This last month has been nothing short of a relearning experience with getting into the swing of things. It's been a bit over a month since I've commited back to LC. I do have to say that I've had my frustrating moments but still had no desire to go off plan.

I'm glad I stuck to it when the scales weren't moving......It's paying off now.

Another .8 loss from yesterdays weight. Onwards and Downwards........

Danielle......where are you lady?? Come out and play!

Misslate posted in her jounal that they ALREADY have snow up in Colorado! Amazing........She loves her snow and plays hard! Yes, a bit jealous....I would love to be there right now too!
Old 10-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #1148
Major LCF Poster!

Sept 29 2012

Arms: L-13/R-14 .......

Under breasts: 4.5......

Waist: 44 ................

Hips: 51.5 ...............

Thighs: L-25/R-25.5 ....

Calves: 16 ..................

Oct. 6th 2012

Arms: L-13/R-13 ....... 1 inch loss from right arm

Under breasts: 42....... .5 inch loss

Waist: 43.5................. .5 inch loss

Hips: 51 ..................... .5 inch loss

Thighs: L-25/R-25 .... .5 inch loss on Right leg.(Caught up now!!)

Calves: 16 .................. No Change

Total of 3 inches lost this last week.

Last edited by MissG; 10-06-2012 at 12:38 PM..
Old 10-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #1149
Major LCF Poster!

Totals for the the Month of Sept ending Oct. 6th.

Today's weight is 236.8!!!

I am completely shocked how tom kept me in limbo for such a long time with holding on to the weight. What tom, do you want me to stay fat??? geez......

Still sooooo happy it's moving. sooooo HAPPY!

Here are my stat's for the month of sept. ending oct 6th.

Starting weight on Sept 1st was originally 254 cut out crap foods and started low carb full fledge on Sept 8th at 246.

Sept. 1 254-Breaking point, cut out all carb crap at that point -8lbs that week.
Sept. 8 246-Commited 100% to LC.
Oct. 6 236- Onwards and downwards

Total lost since Sept 1st

17.2 lbs

Inches lost total for the Month of Sept.

13.5 inches

BMI/Fat ratios

BMI 38.8
Fat 48.5

Bmi 36.7
Fat 47.2

Moving lower.........

I guess in all this month has been pretty productive. Minus the tom factor.......He was such a snork up this month to me. ..lol...........

I'm older now.....my body's changing......It's taking some getting use to that what use to be normal for me is no longer so. .......

Thank you everyone who has been there for me..... I really appreciate you helping me get through this month......

Oh on another positive note.....the S/O is down to 204 now. 1lb away from a 20lb loss for the month as well. I'm so damn proud of him!!!
Old 10-06-2012, 06:50 PM   #1150
Major LCF Poster!

Fabulous news!! WTG!!

Congrats to the S/O too.
Old 10-06-2012, 08:50 PM   #1151
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: melanie09
Stats: 217/184.8/160 5'9"
WOE: Low carb/Fast 5
Start Date: LC 9/10/12, JUDDD 10/28/12, Fast 5 3/11/13
MissG, you are amazing!!!! 17.2 lbs in 1 month is unbelievable! I think I'm a wee bit jealous, haha! Keep it up girl!!!
melanie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 01:43 PM   #1152
Major LCF Poster!

awww thank you ladies........

As we all know....this woe is not a cake walk............lol.....

Welp....up a lb from yesterday.......... Pretty much know it was from my dinner last night....I made taco salad and well....when I was pouring taco seasoning it (out of a bulk size container) it spilled heavily into the meat. I scooped out as much as I could but in the end it was very salty......Pushing water today so I can clear out my system.

Oh ya, To stay accountable for my actions, I gave into buying a bottle of diet A&W last night so I could make a rootbeer float. I havent had soda in over a month now. I doubt that could be been the reason I went back up as I have been drinking SF energy drinks daily and still losing. It was good though, a perfectly sweet treat.

Tonight I am making spinach lasagna and salad and making sure to keep the sodium low lol......

Well I hope all is well with everyone.....TTYL!
Old 10-08-2012, 05:48 PM   #1153
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hugs!!!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #1154
Major LCF Poster!

Good Morning Ladies, Gentlemen and Lurkers............

Well I need to figure out what caused me to gain....today I am back up to 240. Im so confused.......

Here are somethings I have not eaten in awhile. I'm pretty sure they are my culprits.

Ricotta
Spinach
Diet a&w rootbeer

Im don't think the rootbeer caused it...I only had one glass of it with hwc on saturday evening for a treat......

However, the spinach and ricotta could very well could of been it. I eat raw spinach in my salads but did use alot of it when making my spinach dish on sunday night. I also ate left overs on monday morning.

Blugh.....I did my bmi/fat ratios to see if Indeed I have gained fat from it....but my fat ratios are actually down 2 more points from saturdays and my bmi is up about .5 points. My water % is way up though. I feel like i'm retaining so I am going to drinking tons of GreenTea today to get rid of the bloat. Hopefully it works.

I hope everyone has a great day.
Old 10-11-2012, 12:17 PM   #1155
Major LCF Poster!

Back down to 238.6.

Back to the bouncing game. ... at least I am under 240, that's all that counts.

Did my bmi/fat ratios ....Still dropping some points which is awesome AND I tried on a pair of old jeans that I've had from YEARS ago I can button them!!! YAY.....They are juniors size 2x so i think thats like 18ish/20. They are still just a bit tight on my hips but they do go on. A few months ago when I was at 234 but not doing lc I couldnt even button them or get them to pull on my hips for that matter so this is AWESOME!!!

My bras are fitting looser....not cool since I just bought these awhile back. Lane Bryant bras are not cheap. I'm not happy that my cups are going down...but it's all part of the game.

So, The S/O is down to 203 now......arghhhhhh....he gloated about this last night..and I wanted to smack him.......lol......nah, he's doing fantastic and I am truly happy for him. He's so much more happier now and the stomach issues he would have from consuming lactose/gluten have resolved. He says thats the best part of all this. Oh and the fact that he can look down naked and see his.......lol.....Toes!!! haahhaahahahah....I wont go there......but ya, I'm sure you all get the point!

Tonight I am making Buffalo wings and some garlic parmesean wings with zuchinni fries. Yummmm.........

Stocked up on my Sf Toranis flavors. Tried out the Vanilla bean and it's pretty good. I bought Vanilla Bean and Almond Roca.

It's raining here today, which is such a shock to our latest weather patterns. I am enjoying the fact that it's been cooler the last few days and wish it wouldn't go away. Starting Sunday it will go back in to the low 90's. Super Sucky!

I was talkin to the S/O this last weekend about planning out menu items for Thanksgiving.

So far I have 2 ideas so far. My Hun buns said, " so we can't have stuffing can we"? I said why, it's all bread.......but If you really want it I'll make it for you and it will just be part of an off day for you. I'll see then if he remembers.....lol....otherwise I will not mention it again. His Bday is a few days after thanksgiving....but luckily he is not into cakes and stuff.

I'm thinking of making some mac n cheese with dreamfield pasta and faux mashed potatoes from cauliflower and Some garlic greenbeans. It will be a higher carb day but not completely full carb. Prolly make some choco mouse for desert. It will just be us so no need to get completely crazy.......

Have a good day everyone!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:40 AM   #1156
Major LCF Poster!

I love finding old clothes that don't fit and realizing they now do. Sometimes that feels better than even looking at the scale. There's an up and down side to getting smaller, the one you mention of items getting looser. It's great but sucks that now you may have to buy new ones too. I was a 38D when I started and now am a 34B.

Good thing I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read the toes comment bc I would have choked. That's great that he has noticed the bigger changes related to the eating.

Linda Sue has a stuffing recipe on her site, I think she using the flaxseed buns to make it. And Maria's Nutritious & Delicious site has one too using the protein buns she makes (they are kind of like oopsies). I need to make my Thanksgiving menu too, I think that's a great idea to plan it out.

I love the SF syrups, been trying to stock up on them. I have the basic ones so far....the almond roca sounds yummy. May need to order that one next.

You guys are kicking butt and on a roll. KUTGW!!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #1157
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
You're doing fab! The best feeling in the world is being able to wear clothes that have gotten too tight! That is TRUE progress.

We've had the *toes* conversation in our house. Hysterical how men think, huh? Whatever keeps 'em motivated, eh?

Thinking about Thanksgiving too! Definitely want to keep it low carb this year and see how I do. I have to keep myself on track and accountable if I want to even come near my Dec. goal!!

I have tried and tried with the SF syrups..I've bought Torani and DaVinci and I just don't like 'em I wish I did because I get bored easily.

We got rain last night for about 2 hrs and then it disappeared. Of course it looks like it never ever rained At least it's still overcast here and we aren't gonna hit triple digits anymore. I'm so sick of livin here

Have a great day, hon!

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 10:35 AM   #1158
Major LCF Poster!

lol...I'm glad I made you guys laugh.....I laugh too everytime he gets all giddy and juvenile about it.......Men are truly wierd creatures!! ahahahah............

about the SF syrups, I don't really care for the davinci ones. They seem a bit watery and the after taste is not cute. Some Toranis have a wierd after taste too but not as bad. I go to my local Smart and Final and pick them up there. Somtimes they are on sale for 3.99 but yesterday I paid 5.99 each.

Thank you Karen for mentioning where to find a Faux stuffing mix, I'll have to look them up.

Danielle, We got about 3 inches of rain yesterday too. We also had about a 5 minute power outage that scared the mess out my DD4. Poor thing....She was so jumpy after it happened. I'm not looking forward to it getting warmer again. I looked at the forecast this morning and it looks as if we are going into low to mid 90's for the next 2 weeks. So stupid....lol.....

Well my Zuchinni fries were a disaster..........I tried a few out in oil and realized that the coating I used was just sliding off. I ended up just thowing all of it on a baking sheet and into the oven. It was alright after but I was kinda disappointed in dinner last night. I told the S/O that I'm gonna stop trying to be all creative and just stick to hamburger patties every night.....lol...... ya, right!

I am bbq'n some rib eye steaks tonight and making broccoli w/ homemade cheese sauce.

Tomorrows measurement day. I was kinda thinking that maybe I will just do measurements once a month from here on out but at the same time, I think doing my measurements weekly for the last month is the only thing that kept me sane in knowing I was doing something right when the scale was stuck for so long. egh...I see how I feel tomorrow. I prolly will just do it.

Well I hope every one has a great day!!!! Off for some coffee w/ coconut oil. Yummmm.....
Old 10-13-2012, 12:28 PM   #1159
Major LCF Poster!

Well..Well...Well...What do we have here?!?!

Oct. 1 242.4
Oct. 2 241.2
Oct. 3 239.6
Oct. 4 238.6
Oct. 5 237.8
Oct. 6 236.8
Oct. 7 237.6
Oct. 8 239.0
Oct. 9 241 .0
Oct.10 238.6
Oct.11 238.2
Oct. 12 238.6
Oct. 13 235.8

Ok, Just a bit super excited about it!!! I mean I've really worked my arse off and have done nothing but been 100% faithful to this WOE for over a month!!

Did my ratios too. Last weeks looked like this. *except my bmi was inputed wrong last week in my post* True bmi below

Oct. 6 2012

Bmi 37.7
Fat 47.2

Oct. 13 2012

Bmi 36.6
Fat 46.1

I am shrinkin'!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohooooo.....It does make me feel good knowing that everything is paying off.

Oh, S/O weighed in at 201 this morning !!!!!!!! Amazing!
Old 10-13-2012, 12:37 PM   #1160
Major LCF Poster!

Oct. 6th 2012

Arms: L-13/R-13

Under breasts: 42

Waist: 43.5

Hips: 51

Thighs: L-25/R-25

Calves: 16

Oct. 13 2012

Arms: L-13/R-13.............No Change

Under breasts: 42...........No Change

Waist: 43.5....................No Change

Hips: 50....................... -1 Inch Loss

Thighs: L-24/R-24 ....... - 1 Inch Loss on each Thigh =2 inch total

Calves: 16 ....................No Change

So 3 Inches not bad.........I think Im most happy over the fact that my thighs have finally balanced out.
Old 10-13-2012, 10:27 PM   #1161
Major LCF Poster!

Nice woosh!! I bet you've been in a great mood all day today.

You 2 are kicking @$$!! Good work!
Old 10-14-2012, 08:44 AM   #1162
Senior LCF Member

Good job, you're gonna have a GREAT weigh-in tomorrow!
Old 10-19-2012, 09:41 AM   #1163
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, been a few days since i've posted. My internet was down for 3 days in the beginning of the week.

Well, Still playing the bouncing game. Today's weight is 236 ish. Hopefully I've lost some more inches, I'll find out tomorrow.

The S/O is now down to 199.....yay!

I really need to figure out why I am not losing. I cant figure what I can do to do anything differently. For the last 3 days I've cut out AS and energy drinks No difference. I'm beginning to think maybe I am not eating enough. lately i Have been eating only when I feel true hunger but once I eat I only eat a part of what I make. Also by the time I have dinner and eat I can only finish half as well since I get fuller quicker now.

I cut out the carbmasters.......
I cut out AS
I cut out Energy drinks

I'm thinking I'm gonna try to up my fat and see if it helps. I'll try this for the next week.

Ok, I will check in later.....measurments will be posted tomorrow.
Old 10-19-2012, 02:28 PM   #1164
Senior LCF Member

I feel your frustrations!!!! Hang in there and if you figure out a way to lose tons of weight, let me know! I'm going to do measurements tomorrow too!
Old 10-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #1165
Major LCF Poster!

didnt do measurements afterall. After getting up early and running around, I found myself not too excited about it. I also did not weigh first thing but my late morning weigh in showed 236. It could of been lower....who knows.

I've been in a funk the last few days and kinda feel a bit unsure of anything. I hate when i get like this.........

I need to figure out some new options for food. Things are getting boring......
Old 10-20-2012, 12:54 PM   #1166
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
I also did not weigh first thing but my late morning weigh in showed 236. It could of been lower....who knows...
Could have been! It WAS lower!!!!
Old 10-21-2012, 07:53 AM   #1167
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang in there honey, I'm sure you were lower! I think I've found "the funk" too and not sure what to do about it.... maybe spice up my menus, but then I don't like a whole buncha fuss and simple is better for me...I dunno!! I hate it when I get like this too!! Just know that someone does feel your pain.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #1168
Major LCF Poster!

Hi ladies......

Hiding behind my carb bloat. I ended up going off plan on monday and well made some dumb choices.

What makes it worse, It was food that was sooooo un-enjoyable!!!!!!

Stupid snack crackers,chips,pudding and soda!!

Well paying the price and that's what I get! I have no one to blame but myself. Even though I was in a funk, I didn't need to punish myself by eating off plan.

GAAAAAAAA........I wonder how many days it will take for me to get off this stupid 7lbs of bloat?!?!
Old 10-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #1169
Blabbermouth!!!

Hang on tight. All that matters is you're back on track. I can certainly relate about eating food that really isn't all that great...I hate when I do that cause then I think about it for days after askin myself, now why did I go and do that it wasn't that good! Ah well, live & learn, right?

I'm switching gears a bit and going to give JUDDD a whirl. I'm still reading about it and lurking and seeing what works for others. The concept is so different to me that it's taking me some time to wrap my head around it. So far I really like what it stands for and seems to maybe fit my lifestyle abit better. Aiming for Sunday to be my "real" start date for it.

Those 7lbs will be gone in a hurry, just get back to doing what you know how to do!
Old 10-24-2012, 06:17 PM   #1170
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote