Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2012, 04:36 PM   #1111
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hey Chicky. Sorry its been awhile since I've visited, I'm buried under homework like you wouldn't believe! . Just wanted to come and tell you to hang in there. Regardless of what's going on make sure to stay the course with your food. That is one thing you CAN control right now. I know right now your future living situation is stressful, but you and your hubbs hang on to each other and you will get through. This change means that something better is meant for you! Still crossing my fingers that the right job comes along for you, I know it will. Keep the faith girlfriend. I'm here for you.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #1112
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
Thank you soo much Danielle!

You're right, if there is one thing I can control it is what I put in my mouth. What are you going to school for if you don't mind me asking?

Well today was yet another hot one in southern california. Wishing on the cooler days when I can easily warm up when needed and not be all "hot and bothered" for the wrong reasons...lol.

Food was good for today. I didn't eat a bunch as I was busy running around and doing my daily mom thing.

B: 1 carbmaster yogury (4)
Coffee w/hwc
1 splenda pkt
splash of Toranis SF almond rocha syrup.

L: Easy Peasy Choco Atkins Shake (2)

Midday pick me up : 1 LC Grape Rockstar (2)

D: Large Salad and 1.5 Cheeseburger patties.

I ran out of water today so I barely have had 24oz or so of it. Grabbed some more finally and drinking another 24oz. Then a cup of Sleepytime extra strength tea before bed.

.................................................. .............

Well It is official, we will be moving again. I really hate these last 2 years in particular. They have been nothing short of miserable. Although the last part of last year and the majority of this year was better with work and all.....We can never get past this issue of recovering from S/O's Injury and disability downfall of 2008. We never fully recovered or have been able to rebuild from everything we have lost in the process. Aug. 2012 marked the 4 year mark that S/O has been battling a workcomp case and has another trial to attend in late Oct of this year regarding this matter. This will be the 4th time he returns after trials being pushed out and whatnot. Hopefully this will be the last leg of the last 4 years. The last time he went was in January and the Judge threw out his entire Doctors report. Stated he had to visit another QME for evaluation. When He spoke to the attorneys in July they stated that now does not have to see another QME and that trial is set again for Oct. Fingers crossed. He is in need of a few corrective surgeries and we hope that he is awarded this in the settlement.

I hope and pray this is the last time we have to move for a very long time.
Old 09-20-2012, 12:53 PM   #1113
Major LCF Poster!

Stuck? Already? Still holding @ 244.2

I'm wondering If I hit a lil snag on the way down. I keep bouncing up and down a few oz on 244. I was for sure thinking I was going to see a drop this morning since the scale read 245 last night before bed.

I'll assume it's the lack of sleep lately and a few stressors. I'll hopefully make it a priority ...(keyword:hopeful) to make it to bed early tonight. Maybe 7 hours of sleep rather then 4 will get things moving.

None the less, I still feel great....Pants fit looser today. ..wooohoooo....

Oh and the hun buns is down yet another lb!! He is really rocking it right now. I'm so esctatic for him!

Well off to do laundry and fun stuff.
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 12:57 PM   #1114
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and I am very proud of myself for getting on here and staying accountable for my actions! I reread my journal and realized over the last 2 years I have stopped in here and there and never stayed commited to this longer then a few days. I mean not 100% at least. I do eat at lower carb levels in the past but would eat crap food in between. Defeats the purpose right? Anyways......I've been posting daily since the 8th and that's more often then I can say I have for quite awhile.
Old 09-20-2012, 10:02 PM   #1115
Major LCF Poster!

Mood: Sad...Depressed

Tonight I am feeling absolutely depressed and sad about our financial issues. I do not want to move. I do not want to. It saddens me to have to uproot the family again over $500 dollars we will not have to pay our rent for October. I really can't stand this anymore. I know this is a place where we vent over eating issues or needing to lose weight..but I don't know where else to place my feelings of this.

My lil girl verbalized that she did not want to move and that she likes her new house that we have. I feel that she is beginning to realize what is going on. Not that we make the family know of the pressing issues but she over heard us talk about moving again. My stepson said today as well that he is tired of moving around all the time and he just want's to finish the 5th grade at one place.

Heartbreaking, that's what all this is.

On top of that, The place that we would have to move in is very poorly kept and the person says that they don't plan on making any fixes to it. The reason is they own the whole block and are waiting to get the person who owns a small run down shop next to the place to be bought out so they can turn the whole block into a Senior living facility. Right there again makes it an unstable situation in itself. At anypoint they could get the the person to be bought out and tear down the 2 run down rentals on the lot.

My hun says we need to humble ourselves even more and to push forward. I dont' know how much more humble pie I can eat. It's far away from my family who lives here in the city and we would be in another county over. Granted rent would be far lower by a measly $400 dollars but living standards are not up to par. I'm so overwhelmed.

I know I really have no room to be complaining and we could always be homeless yet again........

I am just praying on that one gleam of hope that we can stay where we are at and not have to move again.

Last edited by MissG; 09-20-2012 at 10:08 PM..
Old 09-21-2012, 11:33 AM   #1116
Major LCF Poster!

Mornings weight was 243.4 and back to last saturdays weigh in.

I ate more fat last night for dinner. Maybe that helped. We ended up going to carls Jr and we grabbed some LC super star cheeseburgers from there. I added more mayo on it and it was soo good. I also ordered some zuchinni and shared them with the S/O.....So I did have some upped carbs last night.

I have a headache this morning that is so naggy. took a tylenol (prolly will be up on weight from it tomorrow) but it has not really made much of a difference.

I was reading somewhere that lack of sodium can cause headaches? Maybe I read wrong...I dont know. Ketosis of course .........I feel great overall though.

Well just wanted to pop in and share my weigh in.

Tomorrow is measurements again. See what my tallies are for 14 days back on LC.
Old 09-21-2012, 03:42 PM   #1117
Major LCF Poster!

GOD IS GOOD!

For the last few day's I have been stressing about our financial issues. I was so sad last night and overwhelmed over the thought of having to move again.

GOD is GOOD!

I sat and weighed it out.....knowing God has a plan. I prayed on all this last night that we would be blessed with an opportunity to stay and to keep me strong through this.

I went to sleep early so I could stop processing things and to get some much needed rest from these last few days. Took the kids to school and dropped hun buns off at his job.

When I got home the phone rang and It was another shop wanting to have him come and interview with him asap. I could tell by the sound of his voice that it was just a matter of him going down to interview with the owner. I don't usually call where my S/O works unless it's a dire emergency. Something in my heart told me it would be for a good reason to tell him right away about this. So he told me to come back and pick him up at his lunch and he would go to this shop to talk to him.

He went and got the job! The pay is adequate enough so that we will be able to stay here and still be able to take care of things. The drive is another 15 mins from where he works now, so about a 30 min commute from here. Once I can land a job we do even better, for now we have been blessed.

We got that gleam of hope I was praying on. It's almost too good to be true. Now we have to contact the owner of this house and let them know we want to stay here , I hope it's still ok with them.

Old 09-22-2012, 10:09 AM   #1118
Major LCF Poster!

A NEW low for the week:

I am in full raging ketosis again. I think I know my culprit for the stall and bieng thrown out of it this week......Cream Cheese Clouds.

They were so good...but I will not be eating them again unless I am maintaining my weight.

Inches lost for the week

Sept 15th 2012

Arms: L-13/R-14

Under breasts: 44

Waist: 45

Hips: 52

Thighs: L-25/R-26

Calves: 16

Sept 22 2012

Arms: L-13/R-14 ....... No Change

Under breasts: 43...... -1 inch loss

Waist: 44 ................. -1 inch loss

Hips: 51.5 ............... -.5 inch loss

Thighs: L-25/R-26 ....... No Change

Calves: 16 .................. No Change

Total losses for the week is :

2.5 Inches

Now off to make some coconut bark!
Old 09-22-2012, 11:06 AM   #1119
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Leaving some hugs for ya! I"ve been super busy so haven't had time for LCF but you're always in my thoughts!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 11:33 AM   #1120
Major LCF Poster!

I missed you Latte!!

I know your a busy lady.....Glad you came by and said Hi!!
Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 PM   #1121
Major LCF Poster!

Well It is day 16 now that I have been back on the LC wagon, 23 days if you consider my initial " weaning" off crap. lol.... Just that week alone I lost the first 9 lbs by reducing my carb intake but not completely.

No slip ups, binges or meltdowns........

Ok, if you consider my half a serving of carls jr zuchinni a off menu item then I have indulged. However, I did show a loss the next day.

I have stuck to this no matter how hard the day has been. Desertgurl made a great point the other day. That no matter what situation I cannot control , I can control what I put in my mouth. That did get me through the last few days. I keep remembering it.

Anyways.....On my P's and Q's and very proud that I have not had any slip ups.

I had planned to make some choco coconut bark yesterday or something similair to the "fat bomb". That name for it is kinda ewwww...so I will call it slow melts.

I had intended to put some hersheys coco powder in it and forgot. Here is what i used:

1 stick of salted butter
8 oz of coco oil
2 heaping tsp's of no sugar PB
3 cap fulls of Toranis Almond roca Syrup
2 packets of splenda.

slowly melted it all together and let it cool for a short bit. Poured it out on wax paper and into the freezer. When it was firm enough but still a bit wet I sprinkled some sea salt on top and let it set. I just broke it up into bark.

Let me tell you!!!!!!

This stuff is amazing. Even though I forgot the cocoa powder it tastes just like a solid payday bar. The sea salt and pb flavor is awesome. I had about 4 lil cut up slivers yesterday and a few today.

.................................................. ........

Yesterday's 9*22 eats:

breakfast:

1 carbmaster yogurt (4)

8oz of coffee with,
splash of HWC
Cap of Torani's
1 splenda pkt
1 tsp of coconut oil

Lunch:

Water Water Water
2 slowmelts

Dinner:

Chicken/turkey meatloaf and Linda Sue's Loaded Cauliflower (soooo deelish)
Water

S:

2 slowmelts

Today's eat's 9*23

Breakfast/lunch (slept in til 11am YIKES):

2 slices of chicken/turkey meatloaf pan fried in butter
Small Cesar salad (3)

S:

2 slow melts
1 Sugarfree Rockstar (0)carbs

Dinner:
2 Cheeseburger patties dipped in mayo and a small amount of Steak Sauce (guesstimating 2 carbs for steak sauce)

1 egg made into deviled eggs

S:

2 slow melts

I have made sure to stay very hydrated the last few days and have gone through about 3 gallons of water since thursday night. That's really good for me...lol.

Weight this morning after my much needed beauty rest..lol..JK.......was 241.8

It's slowly making it's way down......and I'm happy!
Old 09-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #1122
Major LCF Poster!

A fleeting memory just popped into my head. I just remembered why I got my arse back in gear, amoung other things.

My DD (soon to be 5) said, " Mom you have a baby in your tummy".

Ummmmm NO , I DON'T!!!!!

That was all she had to say.

I'm glad she didn't verbalize that when I topped my heaviest even without being pregnant last October (271ish).

Well you know those breaking words? The words that cannot burn any deeper then that initial blunt in your face words? Ya, The truth will hurt and will set me free.

All I know is my DD is so brutally honest......and she will tell you how it is.

GOTTA love this age!

The next time she will be so truthfully honest will be when she's a teenager and trying to tell me something about myself. At least I can tell her then to put a sock in it! That is unless it is the brutal truth.

Ok rant over.........
Old 09-24-2012, 09:05 AM   #1123
Major LCF Poster!

241.....Yes....We see a a pattern!!

Woooo WOOOOOT........almost breaking into a new decade!! Now about 20 lbs from my first goal.... and 16lbs down from 24 days ago.

Although I was at 229 In march , I was nearly starving myself while I worked at this last job I was at. I never slept and maybe ate once a day. I was a hot mess half the time. Kinda is a godsend I am not working there anymore. I almost felt at my breaking point of how much BS I could deal with from catty women.

So this weight is moving slowly but very surely coming off. I dont want to set in mini goals as I seem to dissapoint myself when doing so. So any lbs gone is good enough for me. Of course the inches lost is incentive enough as well.

Just finished my Coffee with CO and HWC in. I'm wondering if my upped fat is helping me drop now. I seemed to have been stuck for a few days last week then added more fat and it started moving again.

Walked the kids to school this morning, 15 minutes there and 15 minutes back. Another 30 minutes when I get them later too. At least I can get some movement in having to walk them now that my S/O is working a bit further out and has to leave earlier now.

BBL.........
Old 09-24-2012, 04:03 PM   #1124
Major LCF Poster!

OMG ....wrote a frkn big ol post and OF COURSE I PUSH THE BACK PAGE MOUSE BUTTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that with a passion!

Now, I don't feel like re writing......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Old 09-25-2012, 08:58 PM   #1125
Major LCF Poster!

Still holding......

Well I have been holding at 241.2 for the last 3 days. I've learned from my lil stand still last week that this is temporary. Eventually I will drop a few more lbs in a couple of days.
I'm hoping that Tom doesn't cause to long of a stand still.....it should be rolling in within the next few days. yipppeeeee....lol.....As much as I hate it monthly, I am also happy when it shows and just as excited when it leaves.

So this morning 241.2 ....Steady and surely.

Eats for the day:

B: 1.5 Flaxmeal pancakes
2 scrambled eggs
water

S: 2 "slowmelt" slivers

L: None

S: Coffee
Splash of HWC
Splash of toranis Almond roca syrup
1 Splenda Pkt
1 "slowmelt" chunk

D: 1.5 LC 6 dollar cheeseburger from Carls Jr.
4 Carls Jr zuchinni rounds w/ ranch dip

My appetite is kinda raging today seeing that tom is heading in. I haven't had flaxmeal in months and wanted something pancakey this morning so I made Flaxmeal pancakes using the same recipe as a OMM and just cooked in a pan. Easy peasy..............These are good too this way if you want to make a breakfast sandwhich with egg and sausage. They hold up real well.

Drinking more water right now mixed with crystal light. Kinda didnt drink enough today and now trying to make up for it.

Walked an hour today. 30 minutes this morning to walk the kids to and from school and another 30 minutes to and from getting them. Walked the an hour yesterday too and cleaned my floors for about 40 minutes yesterday. This morning my bones in my feet hurt. It shows that I need to walk more. I need to get use to moving more often instead of here and there when I need to.

Since the S/O got the new job a bit further out, he needs to leave earlier so me taking him back and forth is out of the picture in order to save on gas. So I will be walking daily from here on out.......or until we get another car...( in my dreams) ...lol..

.................................................. ..

I had wrote a big ol' long post yesterday but pushed the back mouse button and all was lost. It really put me off with what I had wrote and gave up on posting til now.

I had mentioned that I am looking into enrolling into the community college around the corner for spring semester so I can start getting my Gen Ed done to become a Psychologist. I thought about this profession for the last year. It will help me on so many levels. One to be able to work out somethings personally that have stayed with me from childhood and on and secondly to help others who are in the same boat. I'm pretty much determined to make this a turning point in my life. I know I am older now, but better late then never. My mom went back to school at the age of 42 and graduated with her Masters at 48. It will take some time........but I know I can do it. Once I get an A.A I can get a job with it and just work my way on up to a Masters.

Well as always, I have ranted away.......Thank you to all who stop by and actually read about my daily ups and downs.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 PM   #1126
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Hi Missy
As always, you are truly an inspiration.
Thank You !!!!!!!!!!
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:39 PM   #1127
Major LCF Poster!

Alannn!!!!!!!!!!!!

how are you?? How's things going? I'm so glad to hear from you......I've wondered how you've been.
Old 09-26-2012, 03:37 AM   #1128
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
All good so far, still enjoying steak and Merlot
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 08:17 AM   #1129
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: kare30bear
Stats: 5' 3": 201(16/17)/137.4(5/6)/120(?)
WOE: LC/JUDDD (6/20/12)
Start Date: LC 3/7/11; restarted LC 4/30/12; JUDDD 6/20/12
Wow Olivia, you are going through so much but have been doing awesome!!!

Anything with flax always keeps me fuller longer. I do like the flax pancakes too, and Linda Sue's flax muffins....DH puts cream cheese on them w/SF Syrup mixed in.

You can never be too old to go back to school. Sounds like a good plan.

Hope you have a great day!! KUTGW!!
kare30bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 03:04 PM   #1130
Major LCF Poster!

@ Alan.........yuummmmm steak and merlot!

@ Karen.....yes, some issues...lol...but still keeping this going. It's all I can do to control me.

Weight is bumped back up to 242 this morning. I'm assuming its the flaxmeal from yesterday but it will come down. Also factoring in my tom on its way in so I'll prolly scale higher the next few days. oh the joys.......

Just got back from walking to get the kids. Hot, but not as hot as it's been. It's 3pm and its 85 degrees. Very mild in comparison to 101's it will jump to by the weekend. I wish it would just cool down and stay there. I will take a constant 80's and very mild cool nights anyday!

Well its break time for the kids and then homework.

I still don't know what I'm doing for dinner....funds are low and i'm down to the bare minimum LC foods left. At least the kids have some things to fall back on.

Be back later.....
Old 09-27-2012, 06:07 AM   #1131
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Mornin! Hope you have a great day

(Hi Alan!)
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:07 AM   #1132
Major LCF Poster!

Super Sucky......back to 243.4

Good morning everyone!!!

pretom is making me feel cranky and bloated. Weight is up gain another 1lb. I have been 100% faithful to my eating so it's not due to anything bad.

I've noticed in the past that I would continue to lose during tom but maybe my body is changing. I also notice I am not losing the same as before as well. today is day 21 back on LC. and I am still bouncing around in the same weight window. Usually by this time I would have dropped some good amount and then within a few more weeks I would start bouncing. It's wierd how our body changes.

egh....So just posting weights for the day.

Making Carnitas for dinner....Yummm.... Quite looking forward to eating some. I will serve it up with a bit of green sauce ,cheese and sourcream.

Eats:

B:
1 carbmaster yogurt (4)
water
coffee
half n half (4)
toranis almond roca
1 pkt of splenda

S: small piece of "slowmelts"

L: unsure

D: Carnitas w/ green sauce (green chili 4carbs)
Salad (3)
3oz of shredded colby cheese (2)
2 tbls of sourcream (2)

I'll be back later........I hope everyone is having a wonderful day so far!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:22 AM   #1133
Major LCF Poster!

I know every time I lose my way and come back it's even harder to get the pounds off. You may need to be more strict this time with things like the cheese or yogurt and maybe even SF syrup. I noticed when I cut out those items I lose more.

TOM and the period before TOM sucks butt. Hope you feel better soon, that's no picnic.

Din din sounds yum yum. Enjoy!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:34 AM   #1134
Major LCF Poster!

Lc Staples are kinda low right now........I thought about removing the yogurts. It's more of a convienence then anything. Easy to eat one then to prepare something...but it could very well be holding me back. I never had an issue with cheese or the like in the past....but as I'm noticing , the weight isn't moving like the past either.

I guess I'll have to remove things here and there and see how it goes. After reading your woe I considered giving that a try as well, see if I can find something that will benefit me.

One peeve, It seems like alot of planning....lol. Doesn't get a lil tedious at time?

It's all worth the effort in the end, I know. Do you fix your children different menus? I would have to prepare for me and my S/O.

Eating regular LC, I prepare the main meal for everyone but add a few things here and there for the kids. My DD14 just eats LC with us.

I'm all about learning new methods, trials and errors.
Old 09-27-2012, 11:07 AM   #1135
Major LCF Poster!

I know the feeling of having little to work with, if that's the case then you're really doing the best that you can, no worries. It'll come off eventually, but in the meantime at least you are feeling better and eating good.

My plan is tedious and I have to plan every day, but my down days strangely are more enjoyable because I am free from having to think about food as much. I tend to eat most of the same things so it makes my planning easier, I have staples I keep around at all times if possible. On my up days I have more freedom but doing JUDDD with LC is helping me A LOT with the cravings.

I usually make one meal for my family at night, it's always LC bc DH is LC and the kids deal with it, they actually like my food better now than they used to. I find ways to incorporate their faves here and there by substituting things. But I still buy cereals and snacks for them for the rest of the day. I try and find lower sugar items for oatmeals, cereals, breads and stuff because I really don't think it's good for them but want them to still have some freedom. The days I am on DD I don't eat the dinners I make for my family, I usually make something easy for myself or usually a premade salad I buy from Albertsons that fits my counts. Like tonight I am making Linda Sue's Tuna Casserole III, the calories/carbs are right for me to eat for today's UD so I will eat dinner with the family, then leftovers go towards DH's lunch tomorrow for work.

I keep my food in a separate cupboard from the family's. That way I don't have to look at all that junk all of the time or it'd tempt me. There are people on JUDDD who have the carbs and do well also, I tried that and it just leads me to binging and my tummy hates it.

It just takes some getting used to in order to find a good rhythm but after awhile it becomes second nature.
Old 09-28-2012, 01:18 PM   #1136
Major LCF Poster!

Good afternoon everyone!!!!!!!

Karen...Hope your having a great day!!!

Latte....Thinking of you hun, hope everything is well.

Alan, Danielle, Tara............Where are you guys? Hope all is well on your side too.

Today the scale is back down 1.6lbs from yesterdays 243.8

Still up from mondays weight of 241 though. Bouncing game.......it's always fun.

Caught a glimpse of myself in the cold case at walmart this morning and thought wow...I do look way smaller. My clothes fit really good and even though the scale is a lil doozy right now......I feel awesome. More energy, less crabby...it's wonderful.

My S/O is down to 208 as of yesterday. He started this 3 weeks ago at 223......He is doing FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!! 15 lbs down.......His stomach is literally flattening out before my eyes and his face is not full anymore. I can see his contour again. He was amazed to be able to pull in his stomach and hold it without feeling uncomfortable.

Now mind you, He is still far from where his ideal weight is. He is 5-6 (lol...in comparison to my 5'8) so he should be somewhere inbetween 146-164? I don't think so though...lol.....He is very muscular and the last time he got to 185 he looked perfect. Not vanity wise but he was perfectly evened out and his fat % was all within range. He is rather big boned for his height as well. So another 30 or so lbs . He also wants to start working out slowly since he has back issues. He lost alot of muscle when he became disabled a few years ago so he wants to get back in shape as well.

I'm just estatic for him!! One of his co- workers offered him cheetos at work a few days ago and he said to him...umm no, i dont eat those I've lost XX amount of lbs and don't want to ever eat junk again. lol......im so proud of him......although i'm sure the guy prolly thought he sounded all girly.

Anyways.......My DD14 is going to Homecoming and we are going to tackle finding her a dress today or by the end of the weekend. Yay, this should be fun. My daughter is about 5'10 , wears a size 11 shoe and is a size 14/16. She was wearing an 18/20 a couple of months ago but apparently she hit her last growth spurt since spring and waaalah.....she's an amazon princess. Also she is playing Volleyball at school so all the training, running and games have really benefited her. So finding items and dresses for that matter is challenging as alot of clothes fit shorter on her very long torso then I would like. Wish us luck.

The one thing I am so happy about with her is she has the confidence I lacked growing up. I would of never considered doing any school sports or participated in any dances. Let alone joined ASB and do her volunteer work.

I'm proud I made a confident child...and woooweeeee...DD4 is just a lil spitfire of confidence. My girls do have/will have the support and direction I never was shown or given as a kid/teenager.

Halloween is fast approaching...oh wait we're still in September aren't we?? Could of fooled me since it's been halloween season since August. lol.....time to get some decorations and plan for costumes. DD4 want's to be Snow White and DD14 is doing a killer clown look. She does all her makeup by hand and is really good at theatrical makeup.

Here is a link to what it is similiar to, She did it last year and it was awesome!! I wish I had the pics but my bro n law decided to lose his camera..lol.

She can do makeup just as detailed as this girl whom she got the idea from.

Well off to do some dishes and then get the kids in an hour. I'll be back later to post.

Doing Measurements tomorrow.....Don't know if I'm excited about this time around. We'll see what happens.

Last edited by MissG; 09-28-2012 at 01:21 PM..
Old 09-28-2012, 02:21 PM   #1137
Blabbermouth!!!

I'm here babe! I hate not being able to get on here and spend the time I used to. I miss it immensely and it's definitely showing in my ability to stay on track.

Doesn't it kinda suck how fast men lose. Mine has been lc'ing with me and immediately lost about 20 lbs in about 3 weeks.. of course everyone was raving over him and how fab he looks. He does, don't get me wrong, but man, it so sucks to be a girl sometimes.

My youngest DD is our amazon. I'm only 5'3", DD18 is the same and DS20 is about 5'9"..Welp, DD16, she's around 5'7" and no signs of slowin down..she always used to be super short and very petite. The last 18 months, all of a sudden she just sprouted and hasn't stopped..clothes are hard to find sometimes because she has incredibly long legs..her sister gets these cute dresses from Hollister and she can't wear them because they look like shirts on her. LOL I'm thankful that all 3 of mine have an instilled sense of confidence and will about them..something I never had, nor was it ever encouraged for me growing up. Guess we did good, huh mama?

Hang in there toots, you are doing FANTASTIC! The many many past attempts at this lifestyle it was always just me going it alone. I would literally be having to prepare 2 different menus..it was HARD! This time around, everyone eats the way I do with the exception of the kiddos getting fruit and some whole grain from bread or brown rice. Otherwise, they eat identical to me and love it. Such a relief!! Mind you, they get their fix of goodies and fast food when they're out with friends so they're not dying from doing without.

Have a great weekend.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:19 PM   #1138
Major LCF Poster!

@ Danielle, Ya, Men suck!!! LOL.....my S/o is down another 2lbs to 206. I should slap him...lol. jk.

I'm glad you stopped by don't be a stranger Lady!! Do you use yahoo? just wondering, if you pm me your user name.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:34 PM   #1139
Major LCF Poster!

Week 4 measurements.....

Sept 22 2012

Arms: L-13/R-14

Under breasts: 43

Waist: 44

Hips: 51.5

Thighs: L-25/R-26

Calves: 16

Sept 29 2012

Arms: L-13/R-14 ....... No Change

Under breasts: 4.5...... .5 inch loss

Waist: 44 ................. No Change

Hips: 51.5 ............... .No Change

Thighs: L-25/R-25.5 .... .5 inch loss on Right leg.(how hilarious)

Calves: 16 .................. No Change

SOOOO Not much of a change in measurements this week. Could be because I'm bloated and retaining.

I did see a new low for the week. I don't want to claim it, or maybe I'm scared to claim it cause it will just be temporary.

I did do my stats on my scale and I am down

2% on my fat
3 % on my BMI
I am up almost 9 points on my water....EXTRA BLOATED!!!! I usually have a certain level I am always at. So aside from those points reflecting high and the very noticable jiggliness.......I prolly weigh less then my new low.....

DAM(yes the N is missing for censorship) YOU BLOAT!!!

I am too embarresed to post my fat/bmi levels. I'll just put it this way, I just got out of morbidly obese levels.

I guess that's a good thing.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:09 AM   #1140
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
@ Danielle, Ya, Men suck!!! LOL.....my S/o is down another 2lbs to 206. I should slap him...lol. jk.

I'm glad you stopped by don't be a stranger Lady!! Do you use yahoo? just wondering, if you pm me your user name.
Heya gorgeous! Men do kinda suck, don't they? Kills me how easily they lose without alot of effort. But most of all, I love that my hubby wants to do this with me!

I don't use yahoo. I text alot tho! LMK!!

Looking good on those measurements lady! I just did mine again today..oooof! I'm up a 1/4 of an inch from all over.. Onward and upward!