Old 06-04-2012, 01:45 PM   #1051
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
latte luv!!! you beat me here!!!

i've missed all of you guys!!

life's been crazy lately with tons of blessed events and unexpected surprises. Ups and downs seem the norm lately and i need to find a leveled balance right now.

Ive managed to gain about 12-13 lbs since the last time i weighed in here on 3/29. not a cute thing. it's made me feel unhappy like ive lost control of everything i was doing. even though that is not true, lifes events have just caused me to chose a small side fork that has led me right back to the bright strong road of clarity. although im not as high as where i was in late december, im happy that im pulling it back together before the damage is worse.

It's coming up on 3yrs that i've been here on Lcf and i want to make my 3yr anniversay one to remember in August .

I say I can do it!!!! Who's on my team????

yes, pep talks is just what i need now!

So here is current weight as of yesterday:

6/3-------------242

I will weight this friday 6/8 and then every friday thereafter.......

daily foods will be posted as well to keep accountable.

I will post todays eats later on this evening.

luv you guys!!!! ((((HUGS))))

Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #1052
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Hi liv! Happy to see you back. As always, I am here for support. It is so hard to believe it has been almost 3 years... I, too, have gotten on and off, the LC wagon. As you said, life happens! Got to get back to work but hope to *see* you on here often! for me, it seems that posting more does tend to make me more accountable...
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:17 AM   #1053
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Hello Olivia. I started reading your journal this evening. Its getting late here so I am going to call it a night and be back tomorrow to continue. Your journal is good reading. I am here to support you on your journey!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 03:24 PM   #1054
Major LCF Poster!

I dang near wrote an essay in here....and of course the fun of LCF pushed the wrong button and POOOOOOF! Eghhhhhh...........yay me !

Ok, here goes one more time......with a lil less patience.

Hello ladies!!!

Hi happy2bee.......Thank you for coming by and supporting me on my long bumpy journal.

Well today is day 3 back on plan. Monday was very hard for me to get through....when i went grocery shopping I was so overwhelmed by all the yummy baked goods, the fleeting thought went through my head of " you can start again tomorrow".....hahaaahah yes......I did think that for a second. I stuck to my guns though and decided its not worth waiting for tomorrow to start over again.

I found some dreamfields pasta there at ralphs and made a deelish goulash bake of italian sausage, ground beef, ricotta and mozzo cheese. The sauce base was of a low carb marinara sauce i found and i added a can of italian diced tomatoes to it. I added a picture of it below. Total carbs for the recipe was 69/8= roughly 9 carbs per serving. It was so good and I definitley will make it again in a few weeks.

Tuesday 6/5 eats were.......

Breakfast.........left overs of the goulash. (I work overnights so breafast is almost like my dinner time )

Lunch ..........atkins choco shake ( 2net carbs)

Dinner............1 brautwurst cheddar patty and 2 eggs with a small salad.

My daily schedule is so upside down from my work shedule that sometimes I feel that im not losing any weight due to not getting any sleep. I literally only sleep sometimes 2 hours the least to the most of about 4-5hs broken up thru the day. my scheduling is taxing to say the least..

Today I got off of work at 7:15am and came home and looked around on the internet for an hour or so and fell asleep from 9ish til noon. So i actually didnt get my breakfast in .

Lunch was a Atkins shake (2carbs)

Not sure what is for dinner as i need to get my butt out of here and run some errands. Of course it will be something low carb.

Havent yet peeked at the scale....kinda scared too. <---------so not my usual thing. Tom decided he wanted to show up a few days early so I'm pretty sure that is where some of this bloat is from too. Still weighing on friday to see if anything has moved.

Well my luv's....of to make my dd a snack and run some errands.

I'll check in later........
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:58 PM   #1055
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Good job not giving in to those baked goods!! That's the first step in the right direction - AWAY from the carbage!

misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #1056
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Liv good job making it thru day 3. Be careful with the dreamfields. I have read that if you cook too long or refrigerate and reheat it loses its protective coating turning the non digestible carbs to real carbs??? Not sure if that is accurate but you might want to search this site. I use it too and love it but try to only make individual servings at a time.
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 11:47 PM   #1057
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
!

How are you guys??
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 11:59 AM   #1058
Major LCF Poster!

Miss G!! Where are ya?
Old 06-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #1059
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Hola!!
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:34 PM   #1060
Major LCF Poster!

I'm such a horrible LCF....lol. Have not been doing well lately.....I was let go of my job in late July and have been kinda bummed since. My weight is doing its up and down thing again....and currently I'm at 246. I cannot get my arse in gear for anything.....I did good for a few days and lost a few lbs but the scale has not moved any lower. I want to do lowcarb but when I think about cooking I get all Egh.......My house is hot and I dont want to cook. What excuses huh.....

Who want's to volunteer a slap of motivation for me??? I can do this...I know I can....I just make excuses left and right. When I try for days on end the scale doesnt move and i ultimately lose all motivation and desire to keep going. ............

Who want's to start a challenge with me.....I'm thinking a 8wk challenge that starts on Sept. 10th and ends on Nov. 5th???

I need something to keep me in check and to me motivated........
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #1061
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hi!

I'm all in and totally up for a challenge. I have been struggling as of late, the scale continues to be mean to me

Be kind t yourself and know you are a work in progress. Lady, you're gorgeous!

Looking forward to getting to know you and wish nothing but success for you!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #1062
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Danielle......

Thank you for stopping in. I added the challenge in atkins induction....We can do this together....it makes things so much easier. I agree with you about the scale......It's like a constant mockery right now. I'll visit your journal and check you out!
Old 09-08-2012, 07:22 PM   #1063
Major LCF Poster!

Ok, So here are my eats for today.

B: peanut butter and jelly on 2 slices of LC bread (13 carbs) and water.

L: None..not hungry

D: BBq'n Bacon and Cheddar Brautwurst patties and having Salad.

I informed the Hubbs that As of tonight we are going full fledged LC. I was trying to do this on my own here at home but when he's eating full carb and I'm trying to do LC I get derailed quickly. He has about 40lbs he needs to lose so it's high time he get's put on a LC woe too. lol......He does good on this woe and drops quickly. As for the kids...I will modify their menus as I always do when we eat this way.

Monday Starts my official challenge day but I'm getting mentally prepared and will research menus and get meal plans in order for the next 2 weeks. I'm glad I popped back in ....I tend to forget that I get the most support here from all of you.

I will post later........
Old 09-08-2012, 09:42 PM   #1064
Major LCF Poster!

Miss G!!!!

I've missed you around here! Glad to see you back

/booty slap of motivation You got this!
Old 09-08-2012, 10:21 PM   #1065
Major LCF Poster!

lol.....booty slap.......

Thank you hun!!

I've missed you too......You are always here for me and my ups and downs.....lol.........

Well dinner went smooth and easy. I love bbq'n its quick and yummy. I had a large salad with my patty and made me quite full. Working on getting my liquids in. I ran out of drinking water this morning so I kinda feel like I need to make it up.

I've decided that I am giving up Diet Soda's for now. I kinda fell in love with diet cherry dr pepper ....but I don't need it. As a matter of fact, I haven't actually had soda in about 3 days. I've been drinking greentea and water.

I more so need to ween myself off of the sf flavored creamer and just use hwc. I have a few bottles of SF Davinci's syrup I need to get from my mom's house. With as much coffee as I drink, cutting out the sf creamer will make a big difference.

well......Still researching dinner recipes for the next 2 weeks. I want to get this planned and organized so I don' t have any slip ups. Breakfast and lunch options are easy since the kids are at school and it's just myself.

I've been walking here and there lately but not the last 3days.....I think I will get up early and take a walk before it gets warm. We have a hiking area just up the street that I would like to venture up. I walked to the base of the hill/trail and OMG...that lil steep hill whooped my arse..LITERALLY. My butt was so sore the next morning and I was huffin' and puffin' when I got to the top of the entrance. We didn't take the trail cause it was getting dark and I just wanted to see where the entrance of trail was. So maybe I'll go and explore it.....I guess there is a few different paths and different steeps of terrain to walk.

Oh yes, I took my measurements this evening. I want to post them in comparison to some measurements I took in Nov. 2009....I was quite surprised....I'll list them below.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:58 PM   #1066
Major LCF Poster!

Posted on Nov. 18th 2009......Weight on that day was 206

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
K..Yay..bought a measuring tape.....Ugh...Numbes are like OUT OF CONTROL! BUt im going to be so bold as to post them. I will then measure myself every friday too here on out!

Arms~
left:12
Right:12.5 ? wow really? half inch bigger..Karaaazzzy!

Under breasteses:

Waist:

Hips:50 WOWZAHS!

Thighs:
lt: 23.5
rt: 24

Calves:
Left: 13
Right:13

Holy molly I got some big ol thighs/calves...But My legs were always more muscular when I was younger but now...I just got a layer of hybernation fat over them ..lmao!!

Wierd why is my right side of my body a bit bigger? lol....They do say that they side you write with or use more is bigger. And then my left arm is the arm I always hold zoe on...so I guess that makes sense But wierd.

Fast forward almost 3yrs.........Today Sept 8th 2012....Current Weight 246

Arms:

left:14.5
Right:15.5

Under breasteses:

Waist:

Hips:

Thighs:
lt: 26
rt: 27

Calves:
Left: 16.5
Right:16.5

Grosssssss....my legs and arms have gotten bigger....but I notice that its roughly about a 3 inch gain on each part from 3 yrs ago and 40lbs less. This is all so not cute.......

On a side note....as odd as it sounds my clothing size is not that much different. I'm wearing some 20's/1x-2x junior sizes. I bought a top from Macy's last saturday that is a 16 and my dress pants were 20.

Maybe I'm just full of complete bloat right now...lol..... I'm gonna measure my bmi/water/fat too and post that .

I'm very motivated right now and the more I account for the more I want to see these numbers drop.
Old 09-09-2012, 02:10 AM   #1067
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
I'm such a horrible LCF....lol. Have not been doing well lately.....I was let go of my job in late July and have been kinda bummed since. My weight is doing its up and down thing again....and currently I'm at 246. I cannot get my arse in gear for anything.....I did good for a few days and lost a few lbs but the scale has not moved any lower. I want to do lowcarb but when I think about cooking I get all Egh.......My house is hot and I dont want to cook. What excuses huh.....

Who want's to volunteer a slap of motivation for me??? I can do this...I know I can....I just make excuses left and right. When I try for days on end the scale doesnt move and i ultimately lose all motivation and desire to keep going. ............

Who want's to start a challenge with me.....I'm thinking a 8wk challenge that starts on Sept. 10th and ends on Nov. 5th???

I need something to keep me in check and to me motivated........
Liv, I'm sorry about your job... Big Hugs for that... I understand about not wanting to cook either - it's SO hot here!!

I need to get back on track, and lose weight. I was at 238 this morning... before I ate junk... so I really need to get down. I'm on board with you for the September 10th start date - I need a good challenge, and I think your idea is great! Let's do it!!
Old 09-09-2012, 02:12 AM   #1068
Random LC WIT-let

Quote:
Ok, So here are my eats for today.

B: peanut butter and jelly on 2 slices of LC bread (13 carbs) and water.

L: None..not hungry

D: BBq'n Bacon and Cheddar Brautwurst patties and having Salad.

I informed the Hubbs that As of tonight we are going full fledged LC. I was trying to do this on my own here at home but when he's eating full carb and I'm trying to do LC I get derailed quickly. He has about 40lbs he needs to lose so it's high time he get's put on a LC woe too. lol......He does good on this woe and drops quickly. As for the kids...I will modify their menus as I always do when we eat this way.

Monday Starts my official challenge day but I'm getting mentally prepared and will research menus and get meal plans in order for the next 2 weeks. I'm glad I popped back in ....I tend to forget that I get the most support here from all of you.

I will post later........
Way to go!!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:05 AM   #1069
Blabbermouth!!!

Ok, so the measurements are not so cute right now...but maaaaaan, can you imagine all the changes in just a short time from now!

My dh and my kids eat exactly how I do. This is a first in a very very long while. He did it with me the very first time we tried Atkins.. then my subsequent tries he refused. I think this time around he realized that HE needed to lose some weight and this has been so much fun doing it together. Our kids eat alot better now too so it's all a win-win.

Posted over on the challenge thread today. Let's do this!
Jess, hope you join in over there too!!

Have a great day! I'm headed to the couch and some football.

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell
Old 09-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #1070
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessienevins0314 View Post
Liv, I'm sorry about your job... Big Hugs for that... I understand about not wanting to cook either - it's SO hot here!!

I need to get back on track, and lose weight. I was at 238 this morning... before I ate junk... so I really need to get down. I'm on board with you for the September 10th start date - I need a good challenge, and I think your idea is great! Let's do it!!
Jess!!! Thank you for stopping in...and yes join in with us...the more the merrier. I posted the challenge in the atkins induction thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
Ok, so the measurements are not so cute right now...but maaaaaan, can you imagine all the changes in just a short time from now!

My dh and my kids eat exactly how I do. This is a first in a very very long while. He did it with me the very first time we tried Atkins.. then my subsequent tries he refused. I think this time around he realized that HE needed to lose some weight and this has been so much fun doing it together. Our kids eat alot better now too so it's all a win-win.

Posted over on the challenge thread today. Let's do this!
Jess, hope you join in over there too!!

Have a great day! I'm headed to the couch and some football.
I can't wait to see some changes too.....

I caught my S/O about to open up a mini size bag of chips after eating a LC breakfast a bit ago. I was like " oh no he didn't" I snuck over to the left of him and took it. He was like I didn't even think about it. I explained how it defeats the purpose of me making him LC meals if he's still snacking and also the fact that it leaves me vunerable.

He handled it well. I need to get some LC snackers so that If he truly needs to have a snack he can easily.
Old 09-09-2012, 11:54 AM   #1071
Major LCF Poster!

Well Today will be my official back OP day 1.

Weight is still at 246. Making sure i get in as much water as possible today...I slacked on it yesterday.

Todays eats so far:

Late breakfast:

sausage/half of a left over brautwurst patty from last night
3 scrambled eggs w/cheese.
I added some green sauce and a spoon of sourcream.
Currently drinking Greentea and water.

I haven't had my coffee yet....

Lunch later will be: 1 carbmaster yogurt (4carbs) or a atkin shake (2carbs)

Dinner: TBD

I was online last night looking for recipe ideas and found some yummy ones I have no tried out before. I also found a recipe for garlic parmesean zuchinni fries......that's a def. on the menu this week. So later on we will drive on over to Winco and get the things I need for this weeks meals. Well, as soon as I get my list in order.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:40 PM   #1072
Random LC WIT-let

Sounds like your first day was successful!! Woo hoo!!

I'm starting back tomorrow as planned - Hoping to lose some weight this time!

Where do you buy carbmaster yogurt? I've looked for low carb yogurt in Walmart, Winn Dixie and Publix and have yet to find it? I LOVE yogurt but I know it's a no-no on Atkins induction. I like greek yogurt, but only the kind with fruit in it.

Your menu for the day was great!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:56 AM   #1073
Major LCF Poster!

I found it at ralphs and they have it at Winco. These are Kroger Stores....I'm not sure what would be kroger stores in your area.

Well I'm up 2lbs since yesterday. It could be a combo of things. Not enough water again, Sausage or brautwurst. Anyways, I'm steering clear of both those for the meantime.

I also did not make it to the store last night...so i need to try to do it later.

I'll be back to check in later.......
Old 09-10-2012, 08:30 AM   #1074
Blabbermouth!!!

You had a great first day back. The bloat will be gone before ya know it!

Fry's is my Kroger store here.. I have tried repeatedly with those carbmaster yogurts..I just can't get past the aftertaste. I just opt to strain my own yogurt and eat some "greek" with my own flavoring.. I don't buy it often because I can't stay out of it.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:46 PM   #1075
Major LCF Poster!

yah, there is a bit of a aftertaste to those carbmasters. I don't pay them much mind, especially when I'm really wanting something sweet. It actually hit the spot this morning.

B: Tropical fruit CM Yogurt (4carbs)
Water

L: Got busy and forgot like I usually have a habit of doing.
Drinking coffee right now. I need to get rid of the SF creamer. I actually picked up International House SF French Vanilla Cream last week and wish I didn't. It tastes horrid. It's not my usual brand....I have to remember to go over to my mothers house an pick up my sf davinci's I have there.

D: Will be BBq'd Marinated Chix thighs and Salad.

My youngest daughter started Kindergarten about 2 weeks ago and already picked up and ugly cold at school. I had her stay home since It defeats the purpose of taking her to school knowing shes sick and having the school nurse call 2hours later and say my daughter needs to be picked up due to her hackey cough. Yay for childhood germs....I just hope I dont get it AND with that statement, I probably will!

Well on another side note.....My Oldest daughters 14th bday is today. My girls are getting so big now......My 14yr old is taller then me now and is becoming more of a woman day by day. She didn't want anything special for her bday.....and money has been tight. I will surprise her with something special later....

Well be back later to post......
Old 09-10-2012, 11:07 PM   #1076
Major LCF Poster!

Well....Had a small lil bbq for my daughters bday tonight. She picked out a strawberry cheesecake and I did great until I had a small slice of it. I'm not gonna beat myself up over it but I do need to stay accountable for my actions. Therefore, I did mess up my whole days work.

I cant figure out how to configure my scale to represent my height and age stats. This way I can get my accurate measurements on weight/bmi/fat/water. Hopefully I can find the instructions on the website. Fun stuff...lol
Old 09-11-2012, 12:59 PM   #1077
Major LCF Poster!

Finally went grocery shopping this morning. Yay.....The funnest thing to do...lol. yah right.

programmed my scale as well so I could get my body stats.

There was nothing pleasing about what I saw.

I'm extremely obese.....

body fat 48.5%
bmi 38.8%

Yikes........Yikes......and YIKES!!!!!

My weigh also for this morning was 247.6.

I've managed to skip breakfast this morning......and after bustling around since 7am have no desire to eat lunch. I'm just drinking my coffee and looking for job leads online. This part of my day sucks sometimes..........I hate looking for work.

Dinner will be chicken kabobs and Broccoli or maybe salad. Whatever i feel like at the time. Simple easy dinners.

It's been in the low hundreds still so Until it cools off, I plan on cooking everything I can on the grill. Well as long as I can help it. lol.........

I think I'll make it a point to take my arse walking later. I need to move these big ol' thighs...teeeheeee........

be back later...............
Old 09-11-2012, 03:01 PM   #1078
Major LCF Poster!

I hate water!

It's 3pm and I've only had 16oz. About to drink another 8oz ...so 24oz so far. If I can do another 32oz for the rest of the day I'll be happy.

Rant over..........
Old 09-11-2012, 03:44 PM   #1079
Blabbermouth!!!

Those numbers will go down down down!!! Make sure you take measurements too chicky!

Keeping meals simple and easy is the name of the game around this house. When I feel too stressed to make a bunch of food a certain way all my motivation goes out the window..

Good luck with your walk tonight.. it's hot here too.. altho, today is rather pleasant due to some rain we've had.. nice to not have the sun blasting. Thinking about a walk tonight, haven't decided. I did do some weights and the usual crunches etc.. I think my tum-tum is gonna be sore in the a.m.!
Old 09-11-2012, 10:07 PM   #1080
Major LCF Poster!

How was the water intake today and what did you have for din din?

I hope your job search goes well!