Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #991
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lawmom
Stats: 216/212/140
WOE: Low/Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 9/2009 - most recent restart 1/17/14
Liv that is great! I love the no hunger days ... I seem to be more of a binger ... there will be days when I am not hungry at all and days when I am starving ...

Jessie: The almond flour and coconut flour are okay -- it is not like the "real" thing because there is a different texture. I have never tried the soy flour so I can't compare them.

Well I guess I am going back to bed in hopes that I can finally get to sleep. TTYL!
lawmom is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2011, 08:36 PM   #992
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
lol....I completley forgot to check in here for the day. Well day is good....high energy, no hunger....up 3lbs. <------not the best hightlight of the day, but its ok becuase I know I have been complelty OP and that is due to pretom's ugly bloated sister. totally looking forward to seeing the scale moving again.....

The L.A. County fair opens up this weekend and cannot wait to go! I havent been in 9yrs. It's the biggest fair in the southern california area. Tons of things to see and do and eat....lol. I'm sure I can find something meaty on a stick.....DD is talking about a fried p&b sandwhich?!?!?! ummmm no! lol.....

anyways.......I'll check in tomorrow!!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #993
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Louieswife
Stats: 237/172/140
WOE: Atkins 72
Well hello all...I have not been felling well all week. Terrible stomach upset. Don't really know why I just hope its not from low carbing. Have lost 3lbs since Monday but to be honest I haven't been able to keep much in. Liv I am so jealous you get to go to the LA County fair. I haven't been to a fair in a long time. The food is always so tempting and amazing. Something about fried dough with powdered sugar...yum! Anyway just checking in to see how you are doing today and don't worry too much about the bloat, it will be gone in a week with more to go with it.
Louieswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #994
Junior LCF Member

Liv, I hope you are doing well. Don't stay away... I feel better today. I am taking tomorrow off so a long weekend for me. I forgot to metion I haven't had a cig since Monday afternoon. Trying to quit is hard but I have to do it. It might slow the weight loss down but that goes with it I guess. Food pretty much the same so a slow steady loss all week. Sunday 182-Thursday 178..I'll take it. Now comes the problem for me...The weekend I am going to try and not let the Captain get the best of me... Olivia, I hope you have a gerat time this weekend at the fair and a wonderful holiday weekend Keep up the good work. Remember onward and downward!!!!
Old 09-01-2011, 12:47 PM   #995
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Barbara!

I'm here.....

Look at you, you are doing it!!! 4lbs since sunday is great and your quitting smoking...double good! I know you can get through the weekend. Plus, I bet you'll be down another 4lbs by sunday!

Well I'm still up 3lbs. All week....well I take that back...its been plus and minus a few oz. but still 3lbs. Not the greatest feeling right now knowing that I've been on my p's and q's all week and went up 3 with no changes due to this damn tom. Yah the monthly goddess has barely decided to show up today so I'm not going to see any whooosh til next week.

Still I'm being patient that I will see a good loss. I was hoping that I would be under my "bounce window" by next monday. Maybe by the following week now.

Ok so I made some delish chili yesterday from a recipe by Cleochatra ( I love me some her..lol)

Recipe from her blog

Last edited by MissG; 09-01-2011 at 12:55 PM..
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 12:48 PM   #996
Major LCF Poster!

Ok...I had this big ol LONGGGGGGGGG post and ughhhh its gone!!! SO crappy...

Last edited by MissG; 09-01-2011 at 12:51 PM..
Old 09-01-2011, 12:54 PM   #997
Major LCF Poster!

I guess when I posted that recipe for the chili it for one didnt take and 2 it caused all that I wrote underneath that to disappear.

Cute.......

Long story short....made a tweaked version of that chili...had extras......made into zuchinni boats today for lunch....was yummmy. Also made some OMM and my daughter has hijacked them .......lol.

DONE!
Old 09-01-2011, 09:00 PM   #998
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Liv! Sounds like you are sticking with it and trying new recipes. I am exhausted today ... It was a really long day. Not sure tomorrow will be much better so I had better hit the sack. Looks like my DD and her family will be in Conneticut for awhile and I have been researching to try to find them a reasonable furnished monthly rental.. no real luck so far so it looks like they will be in the Extended stay hotel ...
Old 09-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #999
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
Hi ladies! CT? I thought she was.. I don't remember.. but somewhere else

Hi liv! be good at the fair.. I am watching you! o_0
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 01:25 PM   #1000
Major LCF Poster!

LOL! She was in North Carolina, they got sent to Conneticut and next week are moving to Rhode Island. Hard to keep up! By the way, I just saw the "hint" on your siggie! :P

How is everything going... not hearing from you much these days ...
Old 09-03-2011, 03:43 PM   #1001
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Monk, love the avi!! I have my big ol jug next to me at work today
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:55 AM   #1002
Major LCF Poster!

Ok....its been a few days.

The fair was fun.....theres just too much to see and not enough time. My feet were killing me by the end of the night. Our ticket included a bounce back ticket for free admission for 4 select dates. Which is cool with me....FREE is always nice!

That day started great. For late breakfast lunch I had 2 double cheese burger patties from mc'd and an a Sugar free vanilla iced coffee the cream was a questionable it could of been milk. I prolly should of asked...but it was goooooo oooood!! lol...... Then around 7 I started getting hungry and picked up a $10 dollar chicken kabob that was downright a waste of money. It was dry and tasteless. My daughter chose some fried zuchinni which I did have a bit of . That plate was shared between 4 people. So after we left we had to stop at the store and I picked up a cold rotisserie chicken and warmed that up and had some with queso fresco for very late dinnerish 12midnight. I was starved.....

I didnt weight myself all weekend...So I honestly don't know what my weight was saturday morning or yesterday. Today I weighed myself finally and im up to 266 again. This whole last week and weekend just feel like a waste of time. I know its not but to have not lost anything and gained is just ridiculous. I know having just little bit of fried zuchinni could of not made me gain that much and having walked the whole day. On top of that tom is gone now and still no difference. Wierd.

Anyways...Im completely rehydrating myself today. I didnt drink enough water over this weekend at all.

menu's for the last 2 days:

9/3

breakfast/lunch

2 double cheeseburger patties w/mayo
1 large sf vanilla iced coffee w/ extra shot of expresso

1 lc rockstar 2carbs total.

Snack/dinner

2pieces of dry tasteless chicken off the chicken kabob

a clump of fried zuchinni dipped in a bit of ranch

late dinner

rotissier chicken and queso fresco
tea.

throughout the fair I did drink water (not enough) and refilled my fair cup with diet coke and unsweetened iced tea.

9/4

breakfast/lunch

coffee

1lc rockstar

Dinner

1 lc flatout pizza

Today's 9/5 eats so far:

coffee
water
6 bites of chicken salad

I made egg custard from a recipe another LCF'r posted for me. They look beautiful! I'll have one in a few.

We are going to bbq some marinated chicken ( lawrys mesquite marinade) its 1 carb per tbls. And while its sitting in it marinading .....it runs off when you take it out. So in my head this is still a lc option for me to use for bbq'n....lol. I found some garlic chicken sausage its 3 carbs per 1. looks yummy. Also grilling some zuchinni.

I made some sf jello last night incase I wanted something sweet. Havent touched it yet....

well thats my weekend all wrapped up. I hope me flushing my body with fluids helps me get rid of some of this bloat. i can feel it in my fingers and my body feels jiggly.

Last edited by MissG; 09-05-2011 at 11:57 AM..
Old 09-05-2011, 12:00 PM   #1003
Major LCF Poster!

oh yah^^^^^^^^^^ Jiggly could be a good thing also^^^^^^^ The Whooooosh fairy could be close!!!
Old 09-05-2011, 01:40 PM   #1004
Major LCF Poster!

Liv: Don't get discouraged! You are still lower than where you were and remember that huge loss the first week was at least partially water, which you probably retained thanks to TOM's appearance, and not hydrating enough at the fair.... Also walking all day (or any exercise for that matter) will make your muscles retain water (I was advised of this at Curves when they told me that I couldn't weigh or measure after exercising because it would show a "false" gain). Drink your water and stay OP and the scale will start moving soon. Overall, it looks like you made good choices at the fair -- when I am sure there were so many bad choices you could have made! I am PROUD of you!!!!

As for me, I think that I am about to put cauliflower on my no-no list. Everytime I eat it, the scale goes up a pound or two the next day... Could be coincidence, but I gained last night too even though I ate OP:

B: 2 eggs and 1/2 sausage link wrapped in LC tortilla (7 net carbs)
L: Hot dog (no bun) with mustard and tiny bit of relish (2-4 net carbs)
D: Baked cauliflower with cheese, some BBQ pork loin with Stubbs sauce, and baked tilapia (5-8 net carbs)
S: Homemade "cheesecake" jello (4 net carbs)

Certainly under 25 net carbs for the day ... but still gained from 188.8 to 190.4 overnight! Sometimes the scale is NOT our friend.
Old 09-05-2011, 02:08 PM   #1005
Major LCF Poster!

I am definitely sticking with it. It could be a number of reasons for the gain. Not drinking enough water is one of them and of course the sodium content of certain foods as well.

I was really hoping to be under 255 by now. You would think because I'm bigger I would drop faster at least in the beginning but no. Its so wierd this time around.

Tomorrow I am going to do an egg and meat day. Maybe just eggs...not sure just yet.

Tara you menu looks decent for the day. Maybe like me the hidden salt content in the sausage and hotdogs got you....or it could very well be the cauliflower. Your still doing fantastic....and it will come back down soon.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #1006
Major LCF Poster!

I was op all day yesterday til my run in with whip cream and sf jello. I shared some with my girls but ate the rest of what I made. Not cute...I cant even guesstimate the amount of carbs was in it. I wont be making SF jello again anytime soon. I apparently have no self control.

Yesterday I drank plenty of fluids and flushed my self out. Weight yesterday was 266 today back to 264.8.

Today's eats so far

breafast

coffee
water
1/2 cup of chicken salad

Lunch

1 cheeseburger patty

Dinner

TBD.

I may go light I really dont have much of an appetite today. I ate alot yesterday and it almost felt I ate too much but of course all OP foods.

I need to make some Iced tea. Its the easiest way for me to get my fluids in and keep hydrated.

My oldest daughter is turning 13 this coming Saturday. Time surely does fly....I look at her and its amazing how she has grown . She wants to go to the beach for her bday....it should be perfect then too.

Well I'll be back later
Old 09-06-2011, 01:02 PM   #1007
Major LCF Poster!

I don't think the SF Jello has carbs ... I thought I remembered reading that you could have that and the Sugar Free Whipped Cream even on induction ... but I might be wrong....

Glad things turned around for you

My DD is turning 21 on Sept. 25th! Time does fly. My DS is 14 now. It is kind of sad because he is already asserting his "independence" and doesn't want to much to do with momma unless it is dinner time or he needs a ride!
Old 09-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #1008
Major LCF Poster!

Ok.....It's been 20days doing induction levels, If not lower. Except for a few bites of fried zuchinni last saturday, I have been utterly OP. Today's weight was 264 and I'm really not claiming it becuase at about day 8 of being back on track the scale read 261.2. Pre-tom and tom pushed me back up and it appears it wasnt just a water bloat thing. I'm still 3lbs up from day 8.

How does one regain while Lc'ing? I'm confused.....it doesnt make any sense.

Anyways...todays eats so far.

Coffee
Water
tea
1lc energy drink

B:can of vienna sausages
L: cheese quiche covered with LC chili made for dnner
D: LC Chili w/cheese

I'm getting bored with the selections I have or am able to make. Its hard when your absolutely stuck on a food budget and LC eating is not cheap. I want to be able to experiment with recipes or at least broaden my menus up.

Well I will post back later. I'm going to see if my budget allows for me to go and get a inexpensive blender so I can make egg cream shakes. That will give me one more option for a meal or snack. I'm also going to grab a measuring tape if I can find one.

Last edited by MissG; 09-07-2011 at 05:06 PM..
Old 09-07-2011, 05:12 PM   #1009
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Liv: I am sure I will be even more up by the end of this week. Remember that the first couple of weeks are water and most people have a little "stall" or even "gain" in week 3 or so... combine that with TOM and it explains where you are at.

Go through some of the three ingredient recipes.

Today (yes I was cooking while waiting to see what the fire is doing) I made some chicken enchiladas -- basically, 3 chicken breasts shredded, 1/2 can of rotel, some taco seasoning salt and peper to taste, a block of cream cheese (which should have been cut down to 1/2 a block cause it was too cheesy) and some LC tortillas topped with grated cheese. Overall about 10 dollars ... but it will last a couple of meals ( 8 enchiladas) and I could have cut that down by using chicken thighs or something and deboning myself (but I hate to do that)...

I know when Mark was laid off I felt the same way you do -- but then when I started doing the Math it wasn't too very different -- but we eat out a lot.

Also they have some of the how to eat on a budget dinners too...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:13 PM   #1010
Major LCF Poster!

Also, I bought one of those little hamilton beach blenders and I think it was about 6 dollars at wal-mart.
Old 09-07-2011, 05:20 PM   #1011
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, I am rambling a little (nerves) but I have tried to stay mostly OP despite the stress here.

Last night I had a can of vienna sausages with 2 LC tortillas for dinner. Today though I had 1/2 of a chicken biscuit from McDonalds for B then had a pepperoni pizza (made on a LC tortilla) for lunch and the 1.5 enchiladas for dinner. BUT I also had some chocolate covered almonds (sugar free) and some sugar free Almond Bark ...
Old 09-07-2011, 05:38 PM   #1012
Major LCF Poster!

It's ok Tara, Ramble on! I know its been stressful to be in the area you are in and have to worry about the fires. You stayed Op through it all and thats great! I looked online at walmart to see the prices and I'm just going to go over there and grab a blender. When I did this when we started...I bought a hand blender and it worked great. It was inexpensive too. I may go that route and then grab a mixer so I can whip up oopsie rolls and hwc into whip cream.

So has the smoke died down out there yet? Where did you guys evacuate to?
Old 09-07-2011, 06:53 PM   #1013
Major LCF Poster!

No it is still pretty smoky. We are back home but technically are in the "evacuation zone". The bad thing is that it is really, really hard to get reliable information. The fire is within 2 miles of my house but we don't know how bad it is, etc. Now that it is dark, it is more scary being here at the house. Can't see the smoke to know how bad it is but you can still smell it.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:03 PM   #1014
Major LCF Poster!

oooooh its been 4 days since Ive been here.....tisk tisk tisk.

Well weekend went relatively well. Saturday was my oldest daughters 13th bday. We just did a bbq at the park and invited a few people. It was crazy there.....they park has a "water" playground...so there were tons of people there and tons of kids running amoke. To top all that craziness......when we go there there was no tables and had to kind of wait around for people to leave. We go there at 1230 too. We figured there would of been seating at that time.

Anways...I stayed OP all weekend despite the fact that I went out with my sig. other saturday night and had drinks. Didnt eat anything off plan after we went out and resumed my lc eating yesterday.

Drinking usually bumps me up on the scale....however, I did not wiegh saturday morning since I fell asleep at 4in the morning and woke at 8 and had to run around for the party. So i truely dont know if I had a loss on that day. Didnt weigh yesterday since I drank the night before. Today's wieght on the scale is 260.4.

So my dang cat had another litter. Cute lil things but I'm getting concerned because now my cat has gone missing and the lil kittens are left starving. I havent seen my cat since friday afternoon. They are about 5weeks now...I had no wet food here at the house so my daughter tried tuna with them....they ate it surprisingly. I also had to give them some some hwc watered down through a dropper last night and through today. Unfortunatley after this mornings feedings with them I didnt think about what I was doing and as I was putting them back in their box rubbed the outside of my eye with my pinky and within minutes my eyes were itching and swollen and still right now my membrane is swollen and my eye keeps weeping. It was crazy how fast it came on and its still affecting me.

Well today's eats

coffee
tea
water

B: Egg cream shake flavored with da vinci's almond roca syrup.
L: 2 hb eggs
D: tbd

I found some SF chocolate snack pack puddings at walmart. vanilla is 3net carbs and the choco is 4net...over the last few days I have had one for dessert and addding some homemade whipped cream to it too. Its such a sweet treat.

Well rambling on about the weekend and such..........be back later.
Old 09-12-2011, 01:08 PM   #1015
Major LCF Poster!

Liv! Missed you! Glad that things are going well (except for the kittens and eye thing). Also glad the scale is heading back down for you
Old 09-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #1016
Major LCF Poster!

This Is week 4 of being back on plan. I am getting a bit frustrated at this point with hte ups and downs. I cant seem to budge past the 260 mark. Ok granted at the 1 week in mark I was down 9lbs and since have hit a low of 260.4 for a total of 11.4 lbs lost....BUT i keep fluxuating back and forth. So it seems anyways. I guess I should see this as a good thing. I'll just postpone blowing up the scale for another irrational day.

As I was saying I keep fluxuating......and yesterdays weight was 260.4 and today was back up to 261.6.

Well here's todays eats......

B: Left over dbl cheeseburger from dinner last night and scrambled eggs
L : Almond Roca Egg cream
D: Chix parm and cheesy spinach
S: 1 sf choco snack pack pudding with homemade whipped cream

I honestly feel I ate wayyyy tooo much today. I hope the scale doesnt mock me again tomorrow. blugh

Good night my LCF'rs!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:15 AM   #1017
Major LCF Poster!

You can do it! I know how you feel about the daily fluctuations though. I have had a hard time getting out of the 190's this month myself. Today's weight was 189.4 but that is likely to change tomorrow... It is very hard to be patient when we are trying to lose weight. Of course, for the most part, we didn't put all the weight on in a month and so we should really not expect to be able to lose it in a month --- but that would be REALLY awesome. On a positive note, this past month you lost in excess of 10 pounds! Think about how easy it would have been to gain an additional 10 pounds instead. Also, for me, I am now able to comfortably fit back into the size 14s instead of the size 16s I was wearing at the beginning of the summer... My new mini goal is to get back in the 12s I bought when I lost weight doing this the first time!
Old 09-23-2011, 09:12 AM   #1018
Junior LCF Member

Hello Olivia, just stopping by to say hi and I hope things are going well for you. Hang in there. I have finally gotten out of the 80's barely. Started again on Monday determined to get to my goal. 30lbs lost is what I'm reaching for and to maitain and KEEP it off. Talk to you soon
Old 09-28-2011, 03:55 PM   #1019
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
How are things goin MissG?

misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #1020
Random LC WIT-let

Gallery: jessienevins0314
Stats: 254/238/199 (first goal - to be in ONEderland)
WOE: Low carb-ish
Start Date: Start 10/2009... trying to stay OP often!
Hey Miss G! How are you doing? Still OP?? Miss ya!
jessienevins0314 is offline   Reply With Quote