Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2011, 05:59 AM   #781
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Louieswife
Stats: 237/172/140
WOE: Atkins 72
Good morning Olivia, I gained 6 pounds on the load days..I ate a wendy's single with cheese and a large fry one day. I have to tell you it wasn't what I hoped it would be...Wendy's used to be my favorite fast food place and since I started this way of eating I haven't had it in over a year...what a let down, anyway I started VLC yesterday and it wasn't so bad...a little bit of a headache but otherwise ok. as you am also doing a rogue HCG low carb my way thing so we'll see what happens...when I started Atkins I was 235lbs, I did very well and got to a low 159.5...after that happened I got cocky and gained 20 lbs real quick... Lost another 10 and stayed there for about 8months...gained it back. I am mad at myself for not finishing what I started so I am determined to do it this time. My ultimate goal is 145 but we will see if my body lates me do that...I am proud of you for sticking to the plan this weekend. Make sure you drink more water, I know with me water helps with the hunger. So far today I had 2 cups of coffee w/splenda and my drops. For lunch I think 3.5 oz of turkey and a cucumber...My weight at the end of loading was 176 and this morning I was 171. Mostly water weight I think...Oh by the way, your updated picture is really pretty
Louieswife is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2011, 06:03 AM   #782
Junior LCF Member

Oh it also helped that my load weekend was my daughters 25th birthday so it was lots of drinking and eating out along with birthday cake...yummm..She said one of the things on her list to do with her mom was play beer pong. never did that before but the task was accomplished and we had a blast, her freinds think I'm cool cause I played beer pong with my daughter and they would NEVER ask their moms to do that...I thought it was funny.
Old 01-18-2011, 11:56 AM   #783
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
yay on ordering the pellets I am sure you will hit that goal by friday, your doing fab!!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:01 PM   #784
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
I want to desperatly do the inches and pounds hhcg. I just cannot afford to do it right now. Every day I read about it and think how much I want to give it a try! I even more so want to give it a go now. egh......makes me sad!
You're at the weight I was when i started my journey.
You do not frakking need hcg that is just LUDICRIS.

Pick a plan any plan any plan that you can stick with and do it.

You are too damn beautiful to waste the pretty one more day.

EDIT: Well I see you're doing the hcg sorry... if it works for you great... my point is just to pick something you can stick with and do it.
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 09:16 PM   #785
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louieswife View Post
Good morning Olivia, I gained 6 pounds on the load days..I ate a wendy's single with cheese and a large fry one day. I have to tell you it wasn't what I hoped it would be...Wendy's used to be my favorite fast food place and since I started this way of eating I haven't had it in over a year...what a let down, anyway I started VLC yesterday and it wasn't so bad...a little bit of a headache but otherwise ok. as you am also doing a rogue HCG low carb my way thing so we'll see what happens...when I started Atkins I was 235lbs, I did very well and got to a low 159.5...after that happened I got cocky and gained 20 lbs real quick... Lost another 10 and stayed there for about 8months...gained it back. I am mad at myself for not finishing what I started so I am determined to do it this time. My ultimate goal is 145 but we will see if my body lates me do that...I am proud of you for sticking to the plan this weekend. Make sure you drink more water, I know with me water helps with the hunger. So far today I had 2 cups of coffee w/splenda and my drops. For lunch I think 3.5 oz of turkey and a cucumber...My weight at the end of loading was 176 and this morning I was 171. Mostly water weight I think...Oh by the way, your updated picture is really pretty
Hi Barbara........At leats the load days are done and gone. Looks like your wendys experience showed you just how much tastes change in time. Thats good! Let me know how how tomorrow goes for you too.

Quote:
Oh it also helped that my load weekend was my daughters 25th birthday so it was lots of drinking and eating out along with birthday cake...yummm..She said one of the things on her list to do with her mom was play beer pong. never did that before but the task was accomplished and we had a blast, her freinds think I'm cool cause I played beer pong with my daughter and they would NEVER ask their moms to do that...I thought it was funny.
Omigosh....I bet they had tons of fun. Your right, not many daughters would ask their moms to do that...lol...but at least you fulfilled your dautghters wishes for her bday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
yay on ordering the pellets I am sure you will hit that goal by friday, your doing fab!!!
SANSSSSSS....yes I have my fingers X'd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilpirata View Post
You're at the weight I was when i started my journey.
You do not frakking need hcg that is just LUDICRIS.

Pick a plan any plan any plan that you can stick with and do it.

You are too damn beautiful to waste the pretty one more day.

EDIT: Well I see you're doing the hcg sorry... if it works for you great... my point is just to pick something you can stick with and do it.

Hi Ilpirata.....thank you for stopping through. LC does work for me and thats why I am back here now that I can, so I can follow through with what I started

.....I went through things last year and made me weak and vunerable and therefore ate to compensate for my stress and my fears. I am not happy about my decisions and at times I had no choice but to eat convienence foods or high carb foods since we could not cook being homeless(you eat what is given to you)I wasnt given many choices at times. We had no home, no food half the time..I quite smoking too. NOT MAKING EXCUSES I JUST DEALT WITH MY STRESS THROUGH FOOD! Aside from that any amount of carbs makes me gain like Im multiplying....Im highly sensitive to them. I gain very easily at that. Also if it sounds like im defensive....I am kinda. Ive lost alot of self esteem in everything Ive been through and am trying to get some of that back by getting myself back in control.

So....Im here again.....getting back in the swing after 7mons of NOT eating LC. I am trying the hhcg just to see if I can get this moving. If it doesnt work...then I will just stop taking it and still continue to LC.

Thank you for writing and the awesome compliment!
Old 01-18-2011, 09:49 PM   #786
Major LCF Poster!

Ok everyone.........

This has been a verrrry long day. I weighed this morning an the scaled bumpbed back to 261. I ate on point last night but I think I may have had too much sodium. I added some pickle juice to make my deviled eggs. so that may be it. I also took some cherry flavored b12 liquid shot yesterday and that was 3carbs. I did say fructose in it after I read it after I again took it today. Dont know.

Today went well. I was out and about the whole day. We ended up going to hometown buffet for lunch. I had salad w/ eggs,cottage cheese,mushrooms and cuccs on it. Blue cheese dressing with it. I also had a roasted leg and thigh. I had 1 beverage of Iced tea. Lunch was prettttttttttttttty early @ about 10:45am...lol. So it was more like brunch for us.

I had dinner about 6pm. It wa 4pcs of bacon and 4 halves of deviled eggs.(2whole). I drank about 40oz of water today but Im going to go and have some yummm french vanilla tea and then drink some more water later before bed.

Dont know why I was up today but hope that Im not up much tomorrow. I should recieve my pellets tomorrow. So I will start on thursday.

On a side note.....Today I got to see our new to us car. Me an the other dont live with each other right now. NOT by choice but because we had no where to go. It was seperate or continue to do with out in a shelter with the kids. So we decided that It was best for us to do this.

Well in all that crap that happened we lost our car too..since it went on the fritz(fixabe by $100) and was parked at the curb at his moms house. She decied to call the city and it was police impounded, picked up by a local tow company. Well I located my car and 3 days later it already acrrued 300 dollars in charges. I did not have the money for the charges or the tow charges which would of put it to 526 on that day. I relinquished the title over to the tow yard. It would of just kept accruing charges. Well he contacted his mother she basically said OH WELL! Thats not my problem thats yours.

So we saved our lil bits of money and he was able to go to an auto auction this last saturday and got us a car. Im so happy........it was so hard to not have one. Buses walking in the rain and cold. So not fun. Thats the main reason we had to seperate. We had no way to get around and it was getting colder an colder to be out in the elements.

In Aug. of last year we had been given an "opportunity" to rent a place that was juts built and he was helping those with lower incomes. He said he worked with all situations. Well 2 weeks later aroudn the time we were to move in I started having to play phone tag. Well basically he was avoiding us so that he didnt have to rent to us after all. Come to find out he had built this townhomes that he couldnt finish(it was done but carpeting and tile throughout and he said he just needed to get an inspection) and he couldnt continue on with them. He took all our information. Credit, employement everything and then didnt want to be truthful. It was really crappy.

So our next goal is to get a place. We want to have our family together again by mid feb. Or sooner.

We have been patiently waiting and we are slowly coming back out of this hole that we fell in.

............The kids are really happy for this to happen. I think they have been affected by this the most and dont deserve to have to deal with this anymore.

.............Ok thats enough yapping for tonight....it feels good to talk about this. I always keep these things to myself.
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 06:17 AM   #787
Junior LCF Member

good morning Olivia, I'm sure the slight gain was from the sodium. Your food is spot on so you should be fine...You have been through sooo much crap since last year its no wonder you gained some weight..Things will start to look up for you, its great you guys were able to get a car, just keep doing what you're doing, you know how to make this work for you...I think it was pretty crappy of your others mother to do that to you guys (about the car being towed)...What kind of mother would do that to her kid..kind of crappy. You are a strong woman and you will get through this. Its time to think of your health. A healthy mommy makes a happy mommy and believe me your children will be fine, I have been where you are when I got divorced. My children and I went through hell cause the ex as*** would not pay child support. It made us alot closer and to this day we talk about that time and how many times we had to move. They are well adjusted young women that don't take things for granted and know how to be frugle...Yesterday went ok for me. My problem is at the end of the night for some reason I want to snack. It's not that I'm hungry I think I'm just bored. All in all I stayed below 700 calories and woke up this morning with a 1 lb loss so I will take it. weight was 168.
Old 01-19-2011, 09:17 AM   #788
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats Barbara on your 1lb loss. My issue Is late night boredom hunger as well. I can do good all day its just the evening. Did you think about adding a drop or 2 to your evening drops. I was reading that you should adjust to how your body feels. Hungry...cravings ...etc.

I ate around 6 last night but didnt want to eat anything heavier since I had Hometown buffet yesterday. So last night I made a quart brew of french vanilla tea and drank 2 mugs of that with a splash of HWC in it and stevia. It was so lovely. That tea is deeelish. So that greatly helped me with my wanting to snack and provided me with extra fluids I needed.

Today I am already working on getting this fluid down. I am making a liter of Iced Superfruit Blueberry and green tea. That tea is exceptional Iced...not so great hot. I also am steeping my hot tea for right now of Mate and Superfruit Greentea,pomogranate and cherry hot tea. I love yerba mate. I was turned on by that last year and there is really no end ot how you can mix it.

Well this morning Im still holding at 261. Not to stressed ...Im feeling way less puffy and tight. So Im sure it will move soon.

My pellets are in transit in the city right now. Its a rather large metro area so......It could be anytime today. Considering that I payed 21.79 thats including the 1day shipping ...Im not complaining. So If I get them earlier today by noon or so I will go ahead and start.

I am in ketosis...I know it. I have dry icky mouth and tons of energy. I slept about 4hrs last night. That could of also been due to the tea I had around 10ish.

Ok....eats for today will be......

B:

Mate tea w/stevia
2 egg omlet....1 sausage patty

L:TBD

D:TBD

If I get my pells. I will load with LC good fats. Will wait and see.

I will check in later.......

Old 01-19-2011, 09:25 AM   #789
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSmooth619
Stats: 230/200/160
Start Date: Nov. 2009
Glad to see your back on track!
JSmooth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:27 AM   #790
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you JS!! Hows it going with you??
Old 01-19-2011, 10:40 AM   #791
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSmooth619
Stats: 230/200/160
Start Date: Nov. 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
Thank you JS!! Hows it going with you??
After a couple slip ups (Mid Oct and first part of NOV) I've been doing GREAT. I don't weigh myself so i'm not sure how much I have lost but i'm def. heading in the right direction. i.e. I work in an office so I have to wear a dress shirt and tie 4 out of 5 days of the week, I have gone from wearing 17 1/2 sz shirts to 16 1/2(That's a HUGE difference) My khaki pant size has gone from 38 to 34 and I am beginning to love ties. I used to hate ties because my neck was huge and I had the sensation that I was being choked, but since I have been on track the tie feels much more comfortable. Excersise wise, I'm jogging 3 miles on the treadmill and weight train 4 days a week each day alternating between uppper and lower body. I Rest on Sundays but make sure my diet is on point!

Hope everyone has a successful and HEALTHY 2011!

WE ARE 'SC!!!!

FIGHT ON!

Last edited by JSmooth619; 01-19-2011 at 10:42 AM..
JSmooth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #792
Junior LCF Member

well I did up the drops on my last dose last night and I got kind of nauseous. I do 6 drops 6x's a day with my last dose @ 9pm...So I think I'm going to stay @ 6 drops. Today I have been a little more hungry but sticking to it. They say around the 10th day the hungry feelings go away, its not all day I feel that way just right before its time for the drops and then it goes away so the drops seem to be working. i hope you get youe pellets today so you can start loading. Don't forget your water, drink as much as you can
Old 01-19-2011, 11:12 AM   #793
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmooth619 View Post
After a couple slip ups (Mid Oct and first part of NOV) I've been doing GREAT. I don't weigh myself so i'm not sure how much I have lost but i'm def. heading in the right direction. i.e. I work in an office so I have to wear a dress shirt and tie 4 out of 5 days of the week, I have gone from wearing 17 1/2 sz shirts to 16 1/2(That's a HUGE difference) My khaki pant size has gone from 38 to 34 and I am beginning to love ties. I used to hate ties because my neck was huge and I had the sensation that I was being choked, but since I have been on track the tie feels much more comfortable. Excersise wise, I'm jogging 3 miles on the treadmill and weight train 4 days a week each day alternating between uppper and lower body. I Rest on Sundays but make sure my diet is on point!

Hope everyone has a successful and HEALTHY 2011!
Well look at you!!!! You got it going on!!!!!!!! When are you going to post apic to your avi or do before and afters? You sure got things in full swing.....way to go!

Quote:
well I did up the drops on my last dose last night and I got kind of nauseous. I do 6 drops 6x's a day with my last dose @ 9pm...So I think I'm going to stay @ 6 drops. Today I have been a little more hungry but sticking to it. They say around the 10th day the hungry feelings go away, its not all day I feel that way just right before its time for the drops and then it goes away so the drops seem to be working. i hope you get youe pellets today so you can start loading. Don't forget your water, drink as much as you can

Yah thats the one thing I heard of if you take to many drops you get quesy feeling.

Im working on the water right now.....it a bit easier today....Ive made my brews of tea and making sure to count ounces.

So far Ive had about 30 ounces...and its 11:12 am. Im on track ! woohooo.....
Old 01-19-2011, 03:52 PM   #794
Major LCF Poster!

I got my PELLETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO HOOOO!

Its 4pm so I dont think I should start just yet. However, I was thinking of starting it tonight a least one dosing. Im not sure...Im too excitd! These things are soooo tiny. The bottles tiny itself. They are smaller then Icecream dots..lol.
Old 01-19-2011, 03:53 PM   #795
Major LCF Poster!

I also managed to get in 60oz of water so far....Im working on another 30 right now.
Old 01-19-2011, 10:03 PM   #796
Major LCF Poster!

Ok today drank sooo much water......Im proud of myself.

I had 2 sausages for breakfast and 2 roasted chix thighs for dinner. I absolutely had no appetite today. I drank so much water and tea, Im assuming that is why I had stayed full. I am drinking 2 mugs of French Vanilla tea soon ...and that will be it for the night.

Total water intake today........90oz. <-----------That is amazing........I havent drank that much in a longggg time!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:28 PM   #797
Big Yapper!!!!

excellent glad they arrived and great job getting that much water in I have to try harder I dont drink anywhere near enough!
Old 01-20-2011, 12:35 PM   #798
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Monk
Stats: 224/221/145
WOE: Low Carb! <3
Start Date: (orig '06-264*'08-150) 02/18/13
hey there love! looks like you are doing great!!
Monk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 03:24 PM   #799
Major LCF Poster!

Hey you guys.......

This mornings weight was 260.

Its also my load day 1. Since I've been eating Lc this last week
I'm pretty much in ketosos as I have no real hunger and am forcing myself to eat. I did my first this morning followed my 2nd aboutan hr ago. The pellets took about 10 minutes to disolve fully. It also has made me more thirsty as well as makes things taste very bland. Loadings not easy since I'm not hungry and am forcing myself to eat at this point.I've had some roasted chicken thighs. And 2 tbls of pb so far.
I'm going to have some coconut milk soon. For dinner I'm not sure what I'm having just yet but I know I got a avo for snack later too.

So yah...doing this as much as I'm able to. The pellets do give me
Energyso that's nice.

Well ill check back later...it suxx writing on my phone this whole post post has taken me nearly 30 mins to do since it keeps freezing and I have to wait for it to catch up with my text. Wierd thing.
Old 01-20-2011, 05:42 PM   #800
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Catrapoin
Stats: 214/184/118 (highest is pregnancy weight)
WOE: Low carb plus exercise
Start Date: 01/27/2010... Restart 01/11/2014
Hey Liv!

I scanned through the last two pages of your journal, and I'm so glad you're back with us! I'll try and post more tomorrow after my drs appt, but I just wanted to say hi and let you know I'm here!
Catrapoin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 09:28 PM   #801
Major LCF Poster!

Load day 1 done......and it wasnt easy.

Here's what I managed to eat today.......lol.....

2 chix thighs for late breakfast/lunch

2table spoons of PB

1/2 avocado

2 chix thighs and queso fresco for dinner

Ive had tons of tea and water today. as well as 12oz of coffee.

I dosed at 10am 3pm and last dose was at 9pm.

I think tomorrow I will change my dose times and go from 3x a day to 4x. 3pells. 4x a day.

Right now Im going to make my nightly French vanilla tea.....Im in luv with that right now. I need to get some more ....
Old 01-21-2011, 05:04 AM   #802
Junior LCF Member

Olivia, it sounds like you are doing great.. good going on the water, I know its hard to get all that water in but it helps. I too noticed that the drops make me feel thirsty but I am also not hungry which is good. Today back to 169 after a 1lb gain yesterday. Don't know what that was all about but whatever. Not gonna let it get to me cause it is a process. So far this first week on the drops I have gone from 174 to 169. I was at 168 but somehow gained, It had to be water, so I guess 5 lbs the first week is good. I don't have too much to lose maybe 20-25lbs so maybe it comes off slower at the end, idk but I'm NOT giving up. I will finish...Your menu looks good, staying mostly low carb, maybe it will speed things along You are doing really good, I think being in Ketosis along with the pellets will help greatly, u will not be hungry at all. Hope you have a wonderful day
Old 01-21-2011, 06:32 AM   #803
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: easwann
Stats: was 240lbs am 198 lbs
WOE: Peace, meat, water, and eggs!
Start Date: learning everyday
Hi, Olivia, just catching up. I think you are amazing, so many people would have given up..instead you are keeping your head up..

Your menus sound great..hoping your hcg plan isw helpful, some people just love them.

Have another great day. I am so excited for you and your new car. I remember having to take the bus to work, and it was a pain and we didnt have kids even. We were so broke we had 75 cents and 2 days left in a motel room. TG for my Mom.. I feel for your situation, and understand some of the stress youve been under. Lizzie
Old 01-22-2011, 08:11 AM   #804
Big Yapper!!!!

Olivia...how is every going hun
Old 01-22-2011, 11:01 AM   #805
Major LCF Poster!

OK ....LOAD DAYS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Talk about being force fed. Load day 1 was hard....load day 2 began with tummy growls followed by dosing.......then I wasnt hungry....got busy ran around and didnt eat anything til 430 ish.......omigosh I did have my other round of dosing but my stomach felt hungry....then I ate and felt a thousand times better..........then my night dosing at 9pm. I wasnt starving but I ate 2 chicken legs last night. Then some french vanilla tea. *so in luv with it*. So all in all I basically ate like I would of normally to a point. I just didtn have my breakfast.

Ok

Drops started Load day 1 was 260

Load day 2 was 261

Phase 2 start...........260.6

I took 5 pellets this morning instead 4 and still am doing it 3 times a day. I was thinking of adding in another dose time....since yesterday I got hungry between morning and afternoon dosings.

Excited......On to getting this scale moving downward.................

Rogue style!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-23-2011, 08:21 AM   #806
Big Yapper!!!!

awesome you didnt have a much of a gain loading, that means every lb you lose now is icing on the cake with a big cherry on top I cant wait to hear how day1 went for you dosing and LC.
Old 01-23-2011, 12:18 PM   #807
Major LCF Poster!

hahahha Sandra......I didnt lose anything. Nope..Still at 260.6.

See my moms bday was last night...Sister came over and they ordered pizza. Well I guess I just had another load day...lol...i scalped 3 slices and ate salad.

So I guess for it just holding at the same weight as yesterday, Ill deal with it.

Today is focus focus focus.

Ummm...homeopathic versions. Can I drink coffee still? I have been still.

Anyways...Imma keep on chugging. If anything these are helping with suppressing my appetite...and that in itself willl always lead to wieght loss. I am doing this rogue so I will more then likely lose at the pace I would doing that. Also...if this doesnt move in teh next 2 weeks or so..I will go more strict protocol.

k......be back later

Last edited by MissG; 01-23-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #808
Big Yapper!!!!

scalped....I would have ate the lot yep you can have your coffee!! I am glad your noticing decreased hunger that is a huge plus!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 12:14 PM   #809
Major LCF Poster!

SANS!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2lbs down this morning YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

I was feeling really jiggly yesterday and the whoosh fairy came and smacked some of that fat off...........

I'll take it!

If it at least moves consistantly throught out the days...I will be happppyy!

Barbara....You havent been in to tell me how things are going with you? Is everything going well?
Old 01-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #810
Big Yapper!!!!

Wooohooo 2lbs is huge your out of the 60's for good this time