Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 01:05 PM   #601
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Dang..I haven't posted in a million years. Just chuggin' along! Hoping for a whoosh soon....

SOOONNNNNNNNN!

lol........

The weathers been semi-nice this week. Its suppose to get warm again over the weekend, I hope anyways.

I really despise all this chill and warm switch off.

Just nice and perfect would be wonderful! OH wait, I don't live on the Islands do I??? lol.....So I wish!
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2010, 01:53 PM   #602
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: JSmooth619
Stats: 230/200/160
Start Date: Nov. 2009
Hey 'Liv!

The weather is getting better. Hopefully Memorial day will be nice and sunny so I can hit the beach!

glad to hear your are doing well!
JSmooth619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 01:17 AM   #603

Gallery: Maryposa
Stats: 355/181.0/169
WOE: VSG + NK
Start Date: 1997; Recommit May 2007 @355; VSG March 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissG View Post
Dang..I haven't posted in a million years. Just chuggin' along! Hoping for a whoosh soon....

SOOONNNNNNNNN!

lol........

The weathers been semi-nice this week. Its suppose to get warm again over the weekend, I hope anyways.

I really despise all this chill and warm switch off.

Just nice and perfect would be wonderful! OH wait, I don't live on the Islands do I??? lol.....So I wish!
You changed your screen name??

for a whoosh for you, Liv! The weather here has been so nice. Clouds roll in and out but overall loving it.
Maryposa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 03:30 AM   #604

Gallery: sourpeach
Stats: sw264/cw167/goal140
WOE: Atkins!
Start Date: Orig 1.1.06-always a challenge
morning

sending some good vibes your way for a woosh.. please feel free to send it this way also!! lol!! have a beautiful day!!
sourpeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 AM   #605
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 10:55 AM   #606
Major LCF Poster!

Mary~ Yah..I didn't know we could. I pm'd admin dottie and requested the name to be cut down to missG since everyone seems to call me that anyway. I didnt know we could until I ran into a thread on webmaster suggestions on the main page.

Latte Luv~ HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII sweetie! How's ok'c man doing??

Ammie~ Girlie did you read my cheer costume request??? lmao...

AJ~ How's the surfing going??? Do you surf often??
Old 05-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #607
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Mary~ Yah..I didn't know we could. I pm'd admin dottie and requested the name to be cut down to missG since everyone seems to call me that anyway. I didnt know we could until I ran into a thread on webmaster suggestions on the main page.

Latte Luv~ HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII sweetie! How's ok'c man doing??

Ammie~ Girlie did you read my cheer costume request??? lmao...

AJ~ How's the surfing going??? Do you surf often??
Hey Liv,

Some days sufring has been better than others nothing really spectacular. But I had a REALLY good day a couple weeks back at San Onofre beach near the power plant in San Clemente.
Old 05-20-2010, 04:05 PM   #608
Major LCF Poster!

AJ..Pudding Mix that is SOOOOO Tasty!

Hey AJ~

I saw your post in the thread about pudding used in shakes.

I make this really great pudding using 1/2 box of sf/ff choco pudding or vanilla if you prefer. You add 1/2c HWC (3carbs) and 1/2c Almond milk (1carb) and 2tbls of whipped cream cheese (1 carb). It makes roughly about 4, 1/2cup serving. Tastes really thick and rich more like a pudding/mousse.

1/2 box sf/ff pudding (1/2 pkt is 14 carbs)
1/2c HWC ( 3carbs..You can count this as carbs some don't)
1/2c Almond milk (1 net carb)
2tbls whipped cream cheese (1carb)

Use a hand blender to "whip" it up. Make sure all liquids are very chilled

19 total carbs/4 = 4.75 per serving.

This is super rich..Tastes so heavenly almost illegal! lol.......

I do top mine with redi-whip which adds another 2 carbs. But for a yummm fix for a sweet tooth its works wonders!

Make it if you have the time...Tell me what you think. Of course you can tweak it out and make it how you like.

Last edited by MissG; 05-20-2010 at 04:06 PM..
Old 05-21-2010, 07:15 AM   #609
Senior LCF Member

Sounds AWESOME!!!!

I will def. check this out, thnx!

Sweets have been the hardest thing for me to give up. Not bread or pizza or pasta, but I was able to handle about 1/2 -3/4 box of thrifty ice cream before i realized it. Sweets were my downfall.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:24 AM   #610
Major LCF Poster!

Oh your welcome!

Yah...I started getting a horrible sweet tooth AFTER my youngest daughter was born. But I still like salty and sweet. This totally helps for those fixes.

Your referring to Thrifty's, Rite-aid right???

LMAO..If you are calling it Thrifty's that is HILARIOUS!!!!!! I still call it that I Have never got over the name change. My fav Icream there was the choco malted crunch. Oooh love it!

Oh and I still call it Pic n save Not biglots.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking???
Old 05-21-2010, 08:39 AM   #611
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Oh your welcome!

Yah...I started getting a horrible sweet tooth AFTER my youngest daughter was born. But I still like salty and sweet. This totally helps for those fixes.

Your referring to Thrifty's, Rite-aid right???

LMAO..If you are calling it Thrifty's that is HILARIOUS!!!!!! I still call it that I Have never got over the name change. My fav Icream there was the choco malted crunch. Oooh love it!

Oh and I still call it Pic n save Not biglots.

How old are you if you don't mind me asking???
No worries, im 29.

Class of '99 in 'da house!!! (That was corny) hahaha!

My fav ice cream was Butter pecan.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #612
Major LCF Poster!

Oh yup....So that's why you still call it thriftys!! Cool........I'm '96 right here!!! Oh boy I'm bout to be 32 in July..Where is the time going??

I hope your off to a great weekend!!!
Old 05-21-2010, 09:22 PM   #613
Major LCF Poster!

Well, This week has flown by sooooooooo quick! I also did not adhere to my usual VLC woe and actually ahve been on the higher side the majority of the week. Nothing Illegal... but having eaten aprox. 30-50 carbs per day (oye)!!!!!!!!!

Still having messed up majorily all last week and bumping back up again....I still managed to have a small loss this week. I'll know for sure if that lil bit stays off by tomorrow morning.

My original intentions for the week was to follow the egg/meats to help get back OP but my tooth was hurting for 4 days(that shows me to not go off plan and eat stupid SUGARS!) and didnt get to adhere to me own set program.

Sooo sat/sun I am doing a solid eggs and then adding meats monday through the remainder of the week to see if I can achieve a higher loss by next sat. Even just being able to comfortably wear my 18's again...lol. Those are TIGHT at the moment but wearable! I do prefere inches lost over lbs..so much better!

Alright so that's about it for right now.

Oh... I made LC enchiladas for dinner. My meal altogether was 15carbs. So yummy and delicioso!!!!!!

Last edited by MissG; 05-21-2010 at 09:28 PM..
Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM   #614
Major LCF Poster!

I posted this in another thread but figured I would post it in my journal so that I can reference back to it if need be.

This was a question regarding if I was carb cycling, Since I had have consumed more higher carbs this week....................

actually I wasn't purposfully doing that..lol. I just am really having a hard time this week with keeping VLC. I actually do more near ZC so this is alot more carbs then I am use to. I had a few oopsie slips the previous week so I'm pushing to get back on track.

What I have noticed this week though, is that I have been able to maintain my weight and or fluxate within a few oz in doing 40-50 carbs a day. The previous week I realized that I apparently gain on anything over 70carbs (still keeping cals on the lower side). So that is good to know. Even though I guess If I just stayed OP I wouldnt of gained, but at least I did keep tabs of my carb intake and finally noted my threshold.

Having brought up this question, brings one to my head as well. Since I've finally noted my maintanence and gain amounts, I'm now wondering what exactly are the amounts I would completely and steadily lose at?

Since I'm always up to challenging my ownself with theories about what works for me (always staying with LC woe though) , I think I will do just that.

I consumed from 10(mon/tues)-50 carbs per day the entire week and as of today I lost .8lbs from starting bootcamp on Monday. If I continuously maintained those carb amounts for an entire month..I could roughly lose between 3-4 lbs in that time. Slow and steady wins the race..Yes. However I would like to lose at least a solid lb or 2 a week.

So I propose a challenge to my ownself to see what my exact carb "burn" as I call it, would be.

ZC/VLC allows me to lose weight fast and consistantly, but I tend to soak it back up if I eat one higher carb food and that sometimes is even a higher carb LC food. zc/vlc makes me very carb sensitive.

Jkaay, I hope I didn't run off on a too long of a rant regarding your question. I guess a more direct answer would of been: No, lol..I am not JUDD but yes I have heard of carb cycling.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:17 AM   #615
Major LCF Poster!

Ok..So it seems I lied to myself ONCE again. Well not really, but yah I guess kinda. Confused much?? Why Yes.......

What the HECK am I talking about????

Well I said that I was going to do a straight egg day. Well after having read the question posed to me on another thread, I started to rethink my situation on my ZC/VLC intakes.

While I do lose fast and for the majority of time, consistantly, I have a hard time sticking too it. Could it be from it being zc/vlc? Cravings that overwhelm me to the point that I feel I need to eat stupid carbs?? Could be??

I know carbs are not essential to ones woe. I think we all have established that. I just think that overall depriving myself of even a few LC foods ends up pulling me back down.

Like I've noted in the lst few posts here that I did consume upwards on the carbs this week. I still showed a loss on the scale. A whole 8oz to be exact! While its not anything to go crazy over it still is a loss. However, over the last week Its been a tittering loss so I really count it as being able to maintain this weight I am at within a lb or so of it. Does that make sense?

Know in figuring that out..I am embarking on a new theory to test out. lol.......hey it works for me......

Before I was to have breakfast this morning, I sat down and read my new thread posts. After coming across the question posed to me, I decided to go ahead and start my theory.

Instead of diving head first into the straight egg day which will very well help me lose quickly, I decided to dedicate a whole week to a complete 40 carb day. This morning so far I have had 14 carbs for breakfast. I will count everything in its entirety.

So yah......I will do 40 carbs a day for a week and see how the losses mount up. Then of course decreasing them til its a steady amount.

My objective here is to not become carb senstive to that point that If I even have a dang higher LC food at any given time I do not gain from it.

Wish me luck ya'll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmao............

I'm such a frkn nerd!!!!!!

Last edited by MissG; 05-22-2010 at 10:18 AM..
Old 05-22-2010, 10:41 AM   #616
Major LCF Poster!

Today's breakfast was:

1 Lc Mock french toast pancake
1 sausage patty
tbls of SF syrup
1 mug of coffe w/ tbls of sf coffemate carmal vanilla creamer and a splash of HWC.

Recipe for French toast/pancakes ( This made 2 rather big ones and a scramble for the side

5 eggs
4oz of cream cheese
2tbls of HWC
2tlbs of Almond Flour
1/8 tsp of baking powder
1/2 tsp of vanilla
1/4 cup of granulated splenda
Cinnamon to taste and as desired

Blend all together and cook up like a regular pancake. This needs too cook almost entirely on one side or until there is almost no liquid showing ontop. Then flip and brown on the other side.

Yesterday I made some eggs for break fast but added a bit of cream cheese to it and it almost made a mushy pancake. I figured I would add some baking essentials to the equation..lol..and maybe it would be better. OH BOY....these are so good. They look like pancakes and taste like french toast...YUMMM!

Like I said I made 2 rather big ones and the remaining amount of mix I just scrambled up and came out just as good. I think next time I make these I will add about 1/4 cup of almond flour and 1 less egg. It might come out just perfect!!! I ended up using half of it and placing my sausage patty between and it made a perfect breakfast sandwich.

Oh here's a pic of my yummmms!

Old 05-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSmooth619 View Post
No worries, im 29.

Class of '99 in 'da house!!! (That was corny) hahaha!
Me TOO!!! lmao!!
Old 05-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #618

Hi luv! Hope your having a great weekend... off to another dreaeded birthday party.. lol.. kids.. cake and chaos!! woohoo! for me
Old 05-22-2010, 01:45 PM   #619
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Them pancakes look delish I gotta try making some!!! Hope your having a good saturday!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:55 PM   #620
Major LCF Poster!

Hey MissG! You'll have to let us know how the 40 carb days go, I know exactly what you mean though, if I'm eating vlc then have a higher day then I get all sorts of cravings. I need to figure out what my body wants/needs/etc.

Those pancakes look wonderful!

Hope your weekend goes well!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:52 PM   #621
Major LCF Poster!

Latte~ Exactly, we need to figure out what our bodies need. I'm really am tired of hard work and having just something a lil higher in carbs and its all down hill from there. This way I can see how my body reacts to allowing myself to have a steady amount of carbs per day.

Any fun plans with the Man this weekend??
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #622
Major LCF Poster!

Ok I didnt quite make my 40 carbs today. It was about 28 actually. I tried....I still ate really good too.

Had my yummy breakfast

lunch was (DONT LAUGH) a can of vienna sausages.....pan cooked. that was 2 carbs

Dinner was a rib eye steak and salad

Dessert was Linda sues Cinnamon crumb cake. I made this earlier today and chilled for a few hours. IT WAS delicious. The whole cake is 42 carbs the portion size was to be 1/6 of a cake. I ended up making it in a square glass dish and it came out a bit more thicker. I cut it up into 16 bite size pieces so about 2.62 carbs per piece. I had 4 small square for a total of 10.48 carbs

So

B: 14 carbs
L: 2 carbs
D: 3(salad)
Dessert: 10.48

Ok nevermind I had 29.48 carbs today. So almost 30.

So yah....I'll see if I show a loss or a gain in the morning...Just to see how this day went!

ok I hope everyone's had a wonderful day!!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 10:05 PM   #623
Major LCF Poster!

Peachie!!! How did the party go???
Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 AM   #624

hey girl!! it was good.. just at a friends house.. I was bored lol! i had tri-tip.. avoided all the other carb-ridden items! I was so tired though.. as soon as my BF got out of school he came over there (his childhood friends) and I went home, because my son wanted to stay so I left him with the BF! I came home and laid down, but of course I couldn't sleep.. but ended up just being lazy! it was all cloudy and ugly here yesterday afternoon, supposed to rain next wed/thur and it is my kids last day of school thursday. so weird.. can't remember last time we had rain this late in the year.

How is your weekend going? how's the newborns?
Old 05-23-2010, 01:31 PM   #625
Major LCF Poster!

Well at least you were able to get home and clear your head of the insanity.

It was cloudy off and on all day yesterday too...now today its super windy with chances of rain throughout the week. I too was saying yesterday its usually the time of may where its getting to its seasonally warm temperatures.

Crazy huh!

The kittens are doing good. Getting fat. I've already noticed the runt of them all. I very light orange tabby cat colored bobtail. I gotta keep my eye on him!
Old 05-23-2010, 01:33 PM   #626
Major LCF Poster!

Ok.....I did the 30 carbs yesterday and ate well as you can see.

I had a losss of .6....Nice! and I'll take it!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:46 AM   #627
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: RonnyJohnson
Hey Green eyes If you can locate a sprouts near you they carry a line of bread that comes in 3 flavors Cinnamon raisin 1 carb per slice, multi grain 2.5 per slice and Sesame 2.5 per slice. Just awesome stuff. Really helped me here lately for that craving for sammiches and french toast etc. Also for my toast fix with cream cheese etc. Ive been in heaven. The brand is Chompies.

Also Albertsons is now carrying a sugar free desert line chocolate cake, angelfood cake and cheese cakes like 5 carbs per slice big slices to. All of them except for the cheesecake are awesome! The angelfood with some waldens blueberry syrup is amazing for that sweet tooth fix! The chocolate cake with some carb smart vanilla on it was outstanding! Avoid the vanilla cake its 9 per slice, why i dont know.

Maybe itll help that sweet tooth a bit. I posted some pics for ya in my thread dear.
RonnyJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:32 AM   #628
Major LCF Poster!

I should try that crumb cake, but, I will wait for later on making treats

Congrats on your loss!

Man man update in my blog - I don't want to fill your blog with my stuff
Old 05-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #629
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Ron....I posted back on your journal!!!!! AMAZING!!!!!!!! I'm so proud of you for your determination and hard work!!!!!!!!! Your totally radiating from all the dedication you put into yourself!

oh boy..those treats sound good! I don't have a sprouts out here...I have an albertsons....I'll have to try those out. Eventually, when I can get my arse back on track..lol!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:39 PM   #630
Major LCF Poster!

Oops nevermind, I just remembered me and Latte were talking about this earlier in the year and I do have one about 20 mins over. Not to far to visit one though!!

oh yes Latte luv~ yes that crumb cake was great, NOt a very good I dea though! It caused MAD cravngs yesterday that I was not too strong willed about!

I really am getting irritated with my lack of will power lately! It needs a smack of reality in its face!

Last edited by MissG; 05-24-2010 at 12:40 PM..