Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2010, 05:20 AM   #391
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Alright yall!!!!!! Zozey Bug decided she wanted to get up at 130am today. So I came down stairs and looked up somethings on netrition and got her back to sleep by 330. I found a recipe for a flax meal cookie. It is suppose to be chocolate but I thought maybe I could make a flaxseed cinnamon cookie. It would be perfect for the cheesecake crust I am putting together in a bit. So they are cooling right now and I will report how they come out.

So I went grocery shopping last evening and picked up a few things.

Quinoa
vital wheat gluten (to bake with)
oat bran -12carbs per 1cup.......(contemplating on how and wher to use this)
flax meal (this brand is better the the previous brand I bought)
unflavored gelatin
cherry,strawberry,lemon,orange,almond pure extracts
with the gelatin, Im thinking gummys like latte's recipe...yummmms.

Oh and I bought some spagetti squash....gonna try that out for the 1st time.

I am slow cooking ribs in the oven on 200. They have been in for about 2hrs now and I just checked them and they are so tender.....another few hours and they will be falling off the bone. I had bought some LC BBQ awhile back so...yummy lunchies today.....nommmmm nommmm!

Ok gotta check up on my "cookies"........

Oh yah....Just was on Perezhilton.com...and saw gaga beyonce's Telephone video....OMIGOOOOODNESS...>Off the wall INSANITY!!! I love that chick!!!!

Ok be back..........

Sponsored Links
Old 03-12-2010, 06:57 AM   #392
Major LCF Poster!

well cookies came out good. The new flax meal I bought is more ground and not as gritty as bobs redmill(I have no clue if thats the name..lol). They came out like a soft cake like cookie not sweet enough though. I went by the recipe I found and omitted a few other ingredients. They were really good. Maybe with an icing on top or even whipped cream cheese alone would be good too. I am guilty, I put a spray of redi whip on a half a piece I tried out. it was really good like that too. I will post all my good eats I made later when everything is done.

I went and made some jello gummys out of unflavored gelatin. I made orange, cherry and strawberry gummies. I had a deviled egg platter that seemed perfect for the mold since I had nothing else that could of worked. The last time I made these I used the small bite size cupcake pan and it came out tasting metallic sorta. So I wasnt going try that again.

I checked on my slow cooking ribs...and OMIGOOOOODNESS...the meat was just flaking off....deeelish!

Now to figure out how I want to make this cheesecake.......I have sugarfree/fatfree choco and vanilla pudding and cream cheese ..solid and whipped. I gues I can try some mudpie......I have to find a suitable recipe. The cookies crumbled should be a great base for it though......

Ok .......check back later.............
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 06:59 AM   #393
Major LCF Poster!

hahahhahahha .........who' occupied with food much???? ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:13 AM   #394
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
damn you been busy and all that food is making me hungry the ribs sound delish and that mudpie mmmmhmmmm I have chicken wings in the oven at the minute I figure they will be good to munch and stop me from eating things I shouldnt planning is the key.
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #395
Major LCF Poster!

yes plan plan plan....I'm trying out a different strategy. Cook ahead and plan out the meals for the day instead of just wingin' it. I took a bite of the ribs and they are so good I can't wait to have them for lunch.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 AM   #396
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Wow you're up early!

With the gummies you can use the lid of a plastic ziplock/rubbermaid/tupperware container as your mold When the gummies set just pull on them a little and they'll come right out! Or.. you could even let the mixture set a little bit and then just 'glob' it on to some aluminum foil, wax paper or parchment paper. Shoot, I'm sure even a normal plate would work!

What recipe did you use for the cookies? How did the cheesecake turn out?

The ribs sound wonderful! I've only had them once before and they were AMAZING!
Old 03-12-2010, 07:39 AM   #397
Major LCF Poster!

I havent made the cheesecake yet....still ooking for recipes that is going to firm enough to be called cheesecake...lol. I don't want a pudding type dish. Something I can cut into with the fork that is not going to throw me off track.

I got the cookie recipe from th recipe thread on the site.....but I left out a few things. I think a bit more sweetner would of made them perfect...but they are good nonetheless.....

do you have any suggestions on the cheesecake???

and good morning to you sunshine!!!!
Old 03-12-2010, 08:04 AM   #398
Major LCF Poster!

I've never made cheesecake with pudding mix so I'm no help there! For normal LC cheesecake recipes though, I remember a lot of talk back in the day here on LCF about "beachgirl's cheesecakes". I guess they're pretty good, I haven't made one yet. The only one I've made is the "A AAAwesome pumpkin cheesecake" from the recipe room. Mmm... cheesecake.
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:29 AM   #399
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Gosh just reading your posts makes my mouth water, going home to slap a steak on the fire. Might be daring and use mustard on it.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #400
Major LCF Poster!

mustard.

How was your day lady? Did the gummies turn out well? How about those ribs?
Old 03-14-2010, 09:14 AM   #401
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you're having a nice weekend!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:03 AM   #402
Big Yapper!!!!

Hey missy how is things going, hope you had a great weekend!
Old 03-16-2010, 05:40 AM   #403
Senior LCF Member

Hi Miss G, Hope you're well and in good spirits !
Old 03-18-2010, 12:12 AM   #404
Senior LCF Member

Me again ! Just popped in to wish you well.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:29 PM   #405
Major LCF Poster!

I just tried to follow a shimmy program (belly dancing routine) omigosh..I think I just threw my back out again. Im so outta shape....argh!!!!!! I can't even move fluid like anymore....so sucky!
Old 03-18-2010, 01:33 PM   #406
Major LCF Poster!

ok..decided to pick up callanetics. It seems very promising in toning my body and getting me to be more flexible and whatnot.

how are all my lovies doing?
Old 03-18-2010, 04:57 PM   #407
Major LCF Poster!

Hi!

I've never really had any rhythm so I've never tried any kind of dancing. I'm sure it all just started with body image/selfesteem issues. Blah. lol

I've wanted to try pilates but never have really put effort into figuring it out or getting sufficient information. Let us know how the callanetics goes!

How has your week been going?
Old 03-18-2010, 10:33 PM   #408
Major LCF Poster!

this week has been quite frustrating. Staying OP has proved to be harder then I even wanted to realize since stopping that med. It really was helping me stay focused and curbed my appetite big time. I am finding that I am doing ok during the day but that by evening I want to snack snack snack....and not on OP choices. I've been really tying this last 3 days.

I re-accessed my meal structures and carbs again and figured I should maybe add in a few "other" type carbs 1 or 2x a day. This morning I went to albertsons and found a LC tortilla that is 3net carbs. I had 1 this morning with breakie. I made a bacon/romain lettuce n' cheddar wrap. It was sooooooooo good and very filling. I don't know if just having a few things that will make me feel like I'm eating carby is going to work. I dunno.

I did great all day after that point.Had breakfast and then about 1/2 cup of left over carnitas meat from dinner last night with a bit of shredded cheese for lunch.

Then I was out running errands with the kids and they asked for a scoop of ice cream. Seeing that its not often that they even get to induldge in ice cream, agreed to get them a scoop. hahahaahah, I don't even know why I do it to myself. SO I shared half a scoop of Ice cream with Daughter.

For dinner I had a double homemade baconator on a oopsie roll. I even made sweet potatoe fries. not the best ...but they were yummy still.

I'm still full.

I'm guilty of not taking the time and drinking enough water.......not enough by far.

I did take an hour walk today on a very scenic walking trail. It was rather nice to be out with the nice warm sun beamin down on me at 10 am. I think I need to go tanning. I think I might just have the winter blues. It hits me every year. I stepped outside yesterday and it was so nice....the sun just baking into my skin (for a brief second..lol). It felt really good.

So I took the hr walk. lol....I even fast stepped jogged...not really speed walking but not quite jogging.........that felt nice. Then I came home and tried out a belly dancing routine. hahahaahah....yah I'm stil feeling that one. I think I might just try to get that down too.

Tempted~ I'm going to order the dvds for the callenetics this weekend. Im excited. Also I need to find my toning elastics ( those long yoga type bands) and I need to get some handball weights and a mat. I need to really work my glutes out bigtime. I would love to have some definition in my behind.

Things I most def. want to tone:

Thighs inside and outside

arms....majorly

and of course just tone overall.

Ok....just rambled on.....I honestly havent weiged since friday........

Oh yah......went to see the halfsies on saturday evening and ended up spending the whole night hanging out with them. I really don't know what to gather from the whole situation. All I do know is that I was completley off plan the entire evening and into monday.

So that is why I dont want to weigh. I will in couple days. I know i havent done well lately. I really am trying to fix it.

my excuse word is "trying"...........I use it toooooo much!!

Ok....Outsies!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 01:21 AM   #409
Senior LCF Member

Hi Miss G

Tend to agree, and would rather stop weighing and just measure but have a bet going with daughter so have to stick with it.

Please let us know how the callanetics works, I don't even know what it is exactly but have heard others on another thread saying it has worked wonders. I think Bflo is also doing a callanetics challenge.

Keep up the walking, I walk in the morning before work with the dogs and find it certainly lifts my mood. If I miss a walk my confidence in reaching my goals also takes a hammering for the day.

Misslatte~

Courage does not always roar.Sometimes it is a quiet voice at the end of the day saying......"I will try again tomorrow" ~ Mary Anne Radmacher.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:06 AM   #410
Big Yapper!!!!

Missy...If your ordering a DVD let me recommend evolution I found it easier than the 10/10 also there 3 different woman at 3 difference levels to follow plus it explains the concepts and form and the good thing is you dont need any accessoires to do this I have belly dancings DVD's which I tried once or twice, hard work lol when am in better shape I may pull them out again.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:17 AM   #411
Major LCF Poster!

Hiya alan.........thanx for posting....I did notice that I was in a great mood yesterday after getting that walk in....I dont know if it was from bieng out in nature or just the walk it self.....It overall just elevated my mood drastically. I felt euphoric actually.

So your daughter has you weighing or measuring???

I have to do measurements since I havent done them in a while AGAIN.....but I want to get my weight back down before I do it. I already acknowledge the fact that I've slipped and back tracked a rather long distance. I just dont want to see how much in inches too. If that makes sense.

I have alot of work to do to re-lose these lbs I managed to regain. In...time...In time....

Tempted~ Ok..So I will get that dvd instead. and it makes perfect sense to get that one too...I have no clue on where to start an step by step instructions is what I need to get in the groove.

I love belly dancing. I think its the most sensual dance movements you can do. I just cant move to sensually anymore....lol......its more like a I will do a hip movement and pop you into next week....lmao...ok let me stop!! teeeheeee
Old 03-19-2010, 09:22 AM   #412
Major LCF Poster!

I explained that I was going to be adding a bit more carbs into my woe now. I hope it helps.

I had 1/2cup of hot oat bran cereal with 3 thin slices of banana for breakfast. yummmmm and yummm. totally hit the spot. I will just have it for today and see if it does impact my WL ...if not then I will add it in 1x a week after this.

I may have a higher carb food early in the day and follow through with Induction levels or VLC for the rest of the day. We will see how things pan out. It's trial and error baby...Trial and error.

So here is where I am at right now. I am earnestly attempting to do this woe from within.....it is hard......and I have slipped up more this last few weeks then I have since starting but here is this mornings weight...216.0

yes...can we say back slide!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2010, 02:03 PM   #413
Big Yapper!!!!

MissGreen....you sound just like me regarding the slip ups the last few weeks. A few people told me that happens when you get bored with the foods your eating so if a little more carbs early on in your day keep you focused the rest of the day go for it, let me know how it goes
Old 03-20-2010, 08:47 PM   #414
Major LCF Poster!

Hey lady, just stopping by to leave hugs!
Old 03-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #415
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girls!!!!

Huggs to you too latte!!!!

Tempted......I seriously could not beleive how good it felt to stay full almost all day long yesterday. I don't know if it was from having the oatbran but I hardly had an appetite for the remainder of the day. The day before as well. I also jumped on the scale this morning and I was 1lb down from yesterday too. So we will see.... I'm not weighing again til tuesday.

I gave my self 2x a week to weigh in now. Thats all! So on tuesday I will weigh and then again on friday for weeklys. I kinda like that I'm setting my stones and not gonna go back on it.

I will have hot oat bran on Monday morning.....and see if I still am at a loss on tuesday.... adding it in Gradually.

I've made a long thought out decision. I am joining a real estate company. I'm anxious and excited all at the same time. I have wanted to do this for such a long time and since I have been out of work for almost 4 years now am feeling a bit aprehensive on re-entering the work field. I want to do this and no time is greater then now to get into real estate. So......Excited!!!!!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:42 AM   #416
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on the real estate thing! That's got to be exciting!
Old 03-21-2010, 04:45 PM   #417
Major LCF Poster!

I love the aspect of selling. 8 yrs ago I was introduced to Real Estate as a receptionist for Remax. I then moved onto Asst. Management for Prudential. I learned so much and if you can get past a few setback aspects of it you can def. succeed and profit big time. The only thing about working as a office staff in a real estate office is there is always a turn over of management. If they bring in a new manager they will turn over everyone under them as well. That's one thing I have noticed even before it occured at the office I was at. Brokers are picky...they need Managers who are power recruiters and the better you are at picking power sellers the more likely you will stick around. My manager was a bit weak in that area after years of being in the real estate business. She should of been long past her retiring stage but we opened up a new branch together and once she recruited enough "power sellers" and I orientated them they bumped her out and I out along with our other staff. Real estate is finiky but def. something I am game too!!

Can't wait to meet up with this broker here!!
Old 03-23-2010, 05:55 AM   #418
Senior LCF Member

Hello Miss G

Congrats on your decision to enter real estate, I just know you'll be an outstanding success. With your personality and looks you could sell ice to eskimos.

My daughter has taken me a bet that I won't be able to lose 20 kg's by the end of the year, thats the reason I'm weighing otherwise I'd personally rather go by measurements and how my clothes fit.

Olivia, just hang in there, you have more determination than anyone I know, it's only human to slip ocssionally, you will get there.(hopefully draggin me along too)

I HATE oatmeal, too many years at boarding school and then in the army.Yeuckk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I swear by bacon and egg for breakfast,on the weekends I treat myself to a slice of wholewheat toast, fried onion and tomato as well - Yummy!
Old 03-23-2010, 09:26 AM   #419
Major LCF Poster!

alan~ there's nothing like crisp bacon cooked up. However ,my stomach doesn't agree! I went on a bacon binge last thursday...Had bacon for breakfast and for dinner as a topping on my cheeseburger. The last time I had bacon was on Xmas day and wayyy to much of it.

I noticed something then, I got very naseaus from it later that night lasting almost 2 days. Forgetting all about that over induldged in bacon the other day and very early on friday morning became naseaus and it has lasted over the weekend. I wonder what all that is about. The salt, the processing? The pork??? I have no clue....Im very sure of myself that I will not touch bacon possibly at all anymore.

You can very well get to your goal that your daughter put you up to..and yes measurements outweigh lbs...but in a "lbs lost" bet ....you will still make it!! I have faith in you!

hhaahaha....Yes, I'm pretty sure I could sell Ice to an eskimo.....and then tell them how wonderful and beautiful new ice garage would be along with it! I guess I am a gabby person , sometimes too much Im sure!

How are my wonderful ladies doing today?????
Old 03-23-2010, 03:44 PM   #420
Big Yapper!!!!

Not only are you pretty, sweet and a nice person you ar also smart seriously best of luck with real estate!!! you must be so excited, It could be the nitrates in bacon, hotdogs also contain it check to see if yours has it, you can get nitrate free bacon might be a idea.