Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2010, 09:17 PM   #361
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 273/ 254 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
Start Date: Jan 6th 2014
ahhhh tempted!!! I'm doing as good as a piglet getting fat for roasting day....lol!!!

This Pre-Tom has got me all kind of wierd.....and as much as I would like to dismiss the notion, may have to take a pg test. I don;t feel like it can be so...BUT nor does it seem to wanna show up either. Aside from the fact that I am overly tired, cranky, hungry wayyyy to hormonal. Those are all pre tom symps too but No show of TOM has got me a bit concerned.

Anywhoo.......I feel like just tipping every plate of food into my mouth! Yah it's that ugly right now.

Ok......I dont have any excuses .......I dont feel unhappy......I just want to eat....and sleep!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2010, 09:36 PM   #362
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
I know how you feel lady, lately it seems that I've been having pre-tom symptoms NON STOP. Ugh! Not fun!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:55 AM   #363
Major LCF Poster!

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH DONT YOU HATE WHEN YOU WRITE A LONG BUTTTTTTT POST AND THEN POOOOF ITS GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DANG IT!

Ok now to summarize what I just deleted...argh!!! all over this lil emoicon --> now i feel like this :anno yed:!!!!

Ok.....woke up yesterday and poof cravings are gone!! Wish the lbs can come off just like the cravings disappear!!

Came to a realizaton that I am lazy, comfortable and apparently love to sabotage my efforts and accomplishments as soon as I hit a certain weight!

I need to be stronger!

yesterday was day 1 back OP, not counting 6 alphabet cookies. Considering everything else I have consumed that is nothing!

Today I will do 2 shakes and a meal

That will be the plan for the entire week. I need to cleanse myself of the cravings and carbage that I managed to overwhelm myself with with.

This is the longest since starting in Aug. that I have been off plan.

Ok.......That is the jist of what I wrote before this lil bugger " " messed everthing up earlier...lol!

MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 03:56 AM   #364
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and I'm scared to weigh.....I think I will weigh in on wednesday!!!
Old 03-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #365
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no.. that happened to me once but luckily I was able to hit the back button and it was still there!

Are you making one of those cinnamony shakes today? Yesterday I had a chocolate peanut butter one that was pretty good. I have some Peanut Butter DaVincis that tastes a little funky in other things but it seems to be okay via egg cream.

Cravings suck. GRRR.

Have a wonderful OP day!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #366
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 back OP has felt wonderful!!!!! Still dealing with Tom but all the ill effects of the onset of the beast are gone. I have no clue why this month was so utterly brutal to me. In the 6 months this has been the worse.

I had planned to do 2 shakes and a meal to kinda of get me over the whole craving and carbage intake, but I took all the things out to make one and I just was not feeling it.

So yesterdays eats:

3 HB eggs smashed with a bit of mayo/pepper, 1 smoked sausage

lunch was 1 grilled chicken breast and a small sliver of ribeye steak we had from the previous nite. I also had a cheese stick

Dinner was 1 grilled bacon/cheddar angus burger and side salad.

I was tired and went to bed early and awoke tooo early. I started watching TV and a choco craving hit and I went and made some HWC/Cook and serve pudding. Just a small amount though. It hit the spot.

Todays Eats so far:

Brunch-ish...........

3 fried eggs 2 smoked sausages and half of an avo......(HUNGRAYYYY)

DD helped me eat my eggs though.

for snack 1 cheese stick

and dinner was a chix(grilled) salad

Surprisingly the midmornings breakfast kept me full for the the majority of the day. I really wasnt in the mood to even have dinner but ate a small portion anyways.

I was going through a box of books today and so happened to run across a copy of the South Beach Diet. I kinda scan read it over an hours time. I had totally forgot about this book which I bought over 8yrs ago. It was interesting to read the differences between the 2 plans. Really there is not much difference, I mean they are completely different but the only thing is that south beach emphasis more olive oils (the mediteranean aspect of it) over butters and healthy fats.

Atkins:

Healthy Fats
Veggies

work up to adding healthy carbs

South Beach:

Lowfat
Low GI Veggies
Olive Oil
allowance of milk and natural sugars (fruits)

The thing that caught my eye was Phase 2. After completing the 14days of phase 1, they automatically start introducing carbs back in. The book talkes about after your glucose toleration has been controlled adding back carbs????? Some grainy breads, oatmeals and more higher GI veggs. Potatoes??????

Lowfat makes me fat.............and who gets more hungry after having a lowfat breakfast,lunch or dinner??? I know I DO!!!

Ok so I'm a bit disappointed in reading this...Just a bit. How can some one phase right into adding these carbs back without it impacting their loses or sugars?

I know if I added grainy breads, oatmeals and potates back into my diet I will more then likey be right back up o where I started within a week.

Hmmm...........I feel a self challenge coming on!

No....not really...lol. I can't give up my Good fats....or this WOE!

However, I was reading some recipes that were posted by a few resturants that supported the SB diet and they look good.

There is one for a Tandoori cornish hen ( I would use chicken though) Me and lil small looking chickens dont mix. They scare me...lol!

There's a few salads in there I wouldnt mind trying and while there are a few ridiculously high carb recipes' I'm sure I can tweak them to bring the carbs down.

I love couscous...and it does have some recipes for it. I wonder how my body would react to having a small serving of that?

Oh Latte..........Have you, at anytime in this WOE, added or consumed any oatmeal in?

I really wouldnt mind doing that. I was going to test and report but still havent got around to doing so.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:26 PM   #367
Major LCF Poster!

I don't know much about South Beach but I have tried quite a few recipes because they're along the same concept as Atkins/low carb. Basically no sugar, low carb, low glycemic index.

I haven't had any oatmeal in a LONG time. I really like it though! I found a recipe for 'noatmeal' on this one guy's site.. I'll go look for it now

I've heard a lot of folks use quinoa as a couscous replacement and it doesn't spike your blood sugar like everything else does. Look for a thread started by Charski, lots of good information there I'll go search for that one too!

I'll report back with my findings!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 PM   #368
Major LCF Poster!

Thanx research assistant!!! I was going to look too for anything similiar but am tending to lil girls who want to party all night right now...lol!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:40 PM   #369
Major LCF Poster!

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/lo...ut-quinoa.html

Oat-Free Oatmeal | Mark's Daily Apple - this would need some tweaks (the banana), but it sounds yummy! He's got some other good recipes too, take a look sometime
Old 03-09-2010, 08:49 PM   #370
Major LCF Poster!

what a yummy mock oatmeal. I started reading and noticed that they use walnuts and pecans. I am so highly allergic to those 2 nuts in particular. I would probably enjoy it thuroughly and within 2minutes of a bite or 2 My mouth would swell up and my face would itch......

aghhhh I wonder what could replace those things?
Old 03-09-2010, 08:54 PM   #371
Major LCF Poster!

That's a bummer about the walnuts and pecans!

I think charski actually initially was talking about quinoa as a warm breakfast cereal then in the second page they start talking couscous. Maybe quinoa is the answer for both!
Old 03-09-2010, 08:58 PM   #372
Major LCF Poster!

From the quinoa thread: (omg.. pumpkin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksmixedtape View Post

I just cooked up 1/2 cup in the micro with water, sweetener (erythritol), and a healthy pinch of sea salt. Can believe how quick you can make it in the microwave. Took 1/2 of the yield (1/4 cup dry) and stirred in 1/4 cup pumpkin, vanilla, a splash of coconut milk, stevia, a lot of cinnamon (actually pumpkin pie spice), and 1 tablespoon of hemp protein powder. It's a super filling cheap warm breakfast! Couldn't even eat all of it. Quinoa rocks! Much better than mushy ol' oatmeal. It's slightly chewy and very substantial.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:31 PM   #373
Major LCF Poster!

I am def. running out and getting some of this at the bulk food store. I have ran across it and had NOOO Idea how good it could be.

I might be taking a trip to the store shortly or in the morning. That last snippet you posted looks yummmmayyy!
Old 03-10-2010, 07:50 AM   #374
Major LCF Poster!

I want to try it eventually, you'll have to let me know how it is! One of the flavors i miss is maple and brown sugar oatmeal. I'm sure I could add a little stevia and maple extract and see if I like it.

OH!! Lady! There is a Sprouts Farmers Market in Riverside! :P You should go there, the bulk items are on sale 25% off, today is the last day (I looked at the Riverside ad to see if it's the same as mine.. lol). If it's near you, definitely go check it out (if you haven't already!) the address (per google maps) is 475 East Alessandro Boulevard, Riverside 92508. I'm going back tonight after work to get some more coffee (macadamia nut and english toffee), maybe some flax, some pine nuts and whatever else I MUST HAVE. lol

Have a nice day!
Old 03-10-2010, 10:43 PM   #375
Major LCF Poster!

How nice is that....lol...as soon as I move from the city one pops up!!! lol...Thank you for reminding me about those stores. They actually have one out here down the street. I've gotta go and see how it is. I heard about them a few months back, had no clue one was popping up in that area though. Then I noticed one out here a few weeks ago. Have you heard of Henrys Market? I'm wondering if they are similiar. I may have to go and take a peak this weekend.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:45 PM   #376
Major LCF Poster!

Ok wrote this on the thread we post on................. Figured I will post it here too....

This more pertains to posting in the forum areas........

As fast as this week has gone on, it still seems to be going so sooooooo slow.
Today pretty much was a boring day....house work....children to tend to ...homework.....dinner. lol...boring...No I suppose not....busy yes. No real exciting highlights to point out.

Although 2 things often occur when I am bustling around with no verbal interaction with others.

1. I am either cleaning to soothe my soul......( to not think about ish that is bugging me)

or

2. I am cleaning and thinking way tooooooo much!

Today was the latter.........boring.....but mentally busy.......

I try to not be a LCFaholic anymore....."trying"...I always am "trying"........

There is a tide like sweep that comes and goes, day in day out with this site.
While there are days of inspiration and motivation and days of helping others or quite frankly just lurking around.
Then there are days that lack the sense of me feeling needed (do I really have to feel like im needed here? no...and that is totally not todays subject) or honestly like I even want to be here on this site.

NOOOO, I am not being silly or just foaming at the mouth. Sometimes I just feel like lurking or "waiting to post" is just irritating. Ok yah, I got a journal...but I dont have that much of an exciting day and just posting dailys in my journal sometimes doesnt do it for me. I honestly don't feel Im getting the "buzz" I got from this originally. Or rather it may be the fact that the individuals that previously posted who made feel motivated are no longer active members. There are still a few of you....but its just not the same. I think I may need a break from this site.

Not that I'm going off plan...That is totally not the plan. I just need to do some soul searching within myself....When I'm on here I find that I'm looking at others posts trying to see what is going on with them and trying to give my 2 cents. That is what they need and frankly I do like to help. However, I need to find 2 cent's worth of perspective for myself as well.

Tara has been a wonderful support beam this last 6 mons as we both seem to have to deal with a few things that are similiar and I can relate to. We both started at the same time not knowing what we really were getting into and just moved forward with trial and error.

MissLate..has fast become a great friend aswell. She has done so well in her endeavors and has become a beam of light at the end of my tunnel in which she's jumping up and down and waving to hurry up and get running to the finish line. She pushes me and does not sugar coat crap!

Alan~ You are what we all needed to keep the spark going......in our threads. You are humourus and witty....speak with great wisdom and I can say you are more like our mascot of testosterone we needed in this thick estrogen filled enviroment!!

I mean you all are wonderful......I just think that while I'm still going to come on and lurk and post....I think I am more so just going to stick to my Journal post my dailys as I feel. Just for awhile...maybe a few weeks or so...... I don't know.

I'm just bored here(not woe persay) ! That's the jist of it!
Old 03-10-2010, 11:23 PM   #377
Major LCF Poster!

lmao....It urked me that I really felt that way a bit ago while I was in the thread but now I feel ok. I think something triggered me to kinda get "blugh".......I can call it...but I wont!

Ok.....So................I made some yummy eats.....I thought I would drop some pics in for looksies...........

So tonight I was going through my pantry and grabbed a can of libbys pumpkin and thought what could I make with this. So I came up with this wierd bake. I mean dunno if anyones put it together similiarly, just saying.

Pumpkin Bake, Not quite Cake!

1 can of libbys pumpkin ~15oz

3 medium eggs

1/4 cup of HWC

2 tbls spoons of soy flour(bought this awhile back and tried it out tonight...Not bad i suppose)

1/2 tsp of baking powder

1/2 cup of vanilla flavored tornini (why cant i ever remember how to spell that)

1 tsp of pumpkin spice

2 tsps of CO...(will be ommiting next recipe)

frosting:

1/2 cup of whipped cream cheese

1 drizzle of vanilla syrup (ran out of AF sweetner aside from syrups)

1 squeeze of lime since I had no lemon.

While I was mixing this up I thought this either will come out custardly like or a bit firm but not cake like.

it came out firm enough to hold shape and stay put if you picked it up but will smash if you squeeze it to hard. Kinda tasty...not sweet enough since I didnt have any sweetners. I wouldnt suggest using soy flour for this or actually and truefully I will not be using it again. It just smelled wierd and I lil finger tested the batter and OMIGOSH I almost puked on the taste and after taste of it. I had to wash my mouth out and still it lingered. I know very well what all the other flavors were like and the soy flour was the only thing I have never tasted or baked with so I knew it had to be it.

Surprisingly the bitter almost fish like taste baked away. Next time if I make this I will use some other type of replacement flour. ....don't know which kind...hmmm actually thinking about it ground almond or almound flour might work.

Tasty and the girls like it too.

Picture 047.jpg

Picture 049.jpg

Pizza Cups

THese are some pizza cups I made last week. SO FREaGGIN DEELISH! They didn keep shape while they were hot, kinda ooozed off to the sides right out of the oven. I let these 2 fellas sit for about 5mins and waaalahhh they stayed cuplike.......

I made a quiche like base by mixing 1/2 cup of chedder, 1 egg and oregano together. spooned into a pam sprayed cupcake pan X6 and baked til nice and poufy...lol.

Cut in half and divided into the remaining empty pan.

In another bowl I added.

1 cup of shredded mozzo

1/4 cup of tomoatoe sauce

broke up into pieces about 8 or 9 slices of mushroom

2 tablespoons of chopped black olives.

1/2 tsp of oregano

Mixed this all together til it looked quite wierd...but yummy!

spooned a tiny bit on the quiche base, then added 3 slices of pepperoni (kinda floral like) and then spooned a abit more of the mix on that. Repeated that for 6 pepperoni pizza cups and then the other 6 were canadian bacon rounds in the same fashion. So yummy...the girls loved them....and all without ordering out!!!!

Picture 034.jpg

Picture 035.jpg
Old 03-11-2010, 02:59 AM   #378
Major LCF Poster!

I need to stop making the scale a focal point in weight loss. I know its niether here nor there in regards to becoming healthy for ones self.

My measurements tell me I have obvisouly done something right...but the scale jumps around like I'm in a bouncy house. weightlessness brings me up and makes me lighter and gravity pulls me down and makes me heavier.

Gravity. hmmmmm makes you heavier.....

Just like a an ebbing tide...You run towards the retreating water thinking everythings ok....then all the sudden its coming back in and if your not careful will pull you under.

I can relate food to that. The want goes away....and then all the sudden It comes back full force as you try to get away from it but not always succeeding.

I really am tired of this weight, I am. I mean I'm not where I was when I started. However, last weeks back tracking caused me to lose almost 4 months worth of work in a whole carbage filled week. YES almost 4 months worth of work.

I lied to myself and to you all. How? I lied about where my weight was.....hahahahahah what a crock of bull!!

In all realness......in weighing myself last Sunday night I almost didnt beleive what I saw. I got off....weighed again. jumped off with eyes all big and tapped the scale to wait for the lil dashes to blink 0. I got my disbelieving arse back on and thumped my head against the bathroom wall. 219.8 WTH??? Seriously???

Here were the previously weeks weights:

Sun 2/28: 200....Never reported that cause that day started my downward spiral.
Mon 3/1: 202.....egh....whatever......pre-tom right....lmao
Tues 3/2: 206......Yes 4lbs in 1 day..........hahahahaah???? no......
Wed 3/3: 209.......Another 3lbs in 1 day............
Forget that damn scale.pffffft
Fri 3/5: 212.6 or 8? .........at this point WTH EVAHHHHHHH!
Sun: 3/7 219.8 Seriously I gotta Get out of the kitchen and act like its that serious!!!!

In 1 weeks time I gained 19.8 lbs. HOLY FREAKEN MOLY???? WHO CAN FREAKEN ACHEIVE SUCH LOSER STATUS?!?!? OH WAIT <<<<<<<---------------ME!!!!!!

Yah I woke up feeling better that day.....like my cravings were just GONE! lmao...they did..they just poofed. Too bad those ugly lbs couldnt of retreated back with that mess.

I have been OP for this entire week and have made a lil dent in this BS!

Ok so now for the honest brutal truth behind why I gained. I figured I need to at least come clean about it.

A few months ago, In Oct. I wrote about going to the "diet" Dr to get a b12 booster shot and was more or less talked into getting a script for phentermine. I have taken these "appetite zappers" 4x in the last 4 yrs for about 3-4 mons at a time.

They help me....Honestly they do. They control my appetite. I do NOT get out of control cravings and I do not over eat. Once in a blue moon I do have a bad choice day and move on.

Over the last month and half I have weaned myself off these " habit forming" capsules that have helped through alot of rough times. I needed to get rid of this crutch and deal with the real hunger issues. I need to be able to lose weight by myself.

For the first 2 weeks of weaning I took 1 37.5 cap every other day. The last 14 caps I took every 3rd day. My last pill was on Friday 2/26. I had to gather up enough strength to mentally prepare for this transition. It took me a whole week to get over the withdrawls of this prescription.

From Sunday 2/28 til wed 3/3 all I did was eat and sleep. I absolutely could not function!!!!!! COULD NOT! The withdrawls of this are comparable to detoxing from amphetamines. Hell...It is one!

I was so tired.........
I was sooooooooooo HUNGRY
I was Sooooooooo MEAN!
Do not talk to me
Do not touch me
Do not look at me
Give me food
Get out of my face let me sleep
Give me more food

Eat and sleep and in between try to play mom. OMIGOSH! HOw horrible I felt to feel like I, myself, was walking on eggshells. Everything was was over the edge.

Horrible headaches........

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH and I did not mention that I quite smoking Cold Turkey all at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh boy that detoxification is whole different story.

Ok so from sunday til wednesday I was ONE hot mess...literally! The rest of the week was again, mentally making myself deal with the situation....Ok..No more Pills..theres no more pills. I literally kept looking up in my meds cupboard like a bottle was going to magically appear. hahahahahaah......yah...Not funny!

It got easier......By thursday My sleeping schedule kinda fixed itself. I was being productive again...I just still was unable to control the eating part of it. I truely felt hungry beyond my control.

Here comes sunday monday and seriously it was like the damn hunger withdrawl switch was turned off.

I have a feeling I'm not going to lose as steadily as I would like to or what I was use to. I have to take it literally 1 day at a time now. Actually its not that hard.....Considering the whole detox process I went through last week....I feel rather damn good now.

So today I weighed finally since Sunday night and I am at 215.6. Still thinking like a pill popper would, lol.....*yes I will laugh* If I had my pills I would of already lost a good 10lbs of that ish by now. hahahhahahahahahhah oh well.....what can I say.

Now a little history on this "Pill" and I..............

in Jan 2006 a neighbor lost alot of weight and me bieng in a fresh new relationship wanted to lose weight to you know keep things pretty. So I was still doing LC eating at that point BUT I was not eating clean. I went out on the weekends, had drinks..went to dinner.....you know. The romance part of a relationship. I gained some weight but it wasnt that bad. During the week...I pretty much got it back down and just was content and bieng at a solid weight.

ok so went to the "diet" dr with her one saturday and they prescribed the meds. I started it that monday. In 1 month I lost almost 18lbs or so? I forget but something liek that. ove the next few months I lost an additional 20lbs. Cool.....I'm over these pills...Got off them. gained about 8-9lbs of that back ...was still content.

In November of 2006...Got WAYYY to comfortable. Well we both did and I gained back almost 20lbs. That is including the few from earlier in the year. Went back to the dr. I think I was 228 at that time. hmmm funny...my body loves the mid 220's for some reason. Ok so By february of 2007 Got back down..almost to like 209 or so just taking the pills and not eating any way special just reduction. Found I was pg in mid march of 2007.......

So here comes 2008....feeling bloaty as all get out from having my zozey bug go back to the dr. Ok so maybe I didnt just go 4x...I mean I guess Im considering the 3rd visit an off and on visit over 2008. taking breaks through out the year. I was almost 249 I think at that drs visit afte zoey and by december of 2008 I got to the lowest of 206. Messed up completely on xmas day with some sugars and it was downhill spiral until may 09 but actually not really commited to anything firm til I joined this site in Aug. 09. Then In october I think I need a boost again....and getting off of them are a joke.

ok the year I got off them in Dec. 08 wasnt by choice...I just had a very bad sugar fest that made me beleive I just rather eat my weight back up. Again..I just love sabotaging efforts!!!!

This time was a conceince effort to get off these. I did my detox and I'm ready to conquer on and get to my very much wanted goal. I detoxed the pills, I cold turkeyed the smokes oh boy...I was coughing and blowing things up Ididnt even know were there.. not only that It made me feel like I was sick with a cold..I would get a stuffy nose then it would get runny then I would get coughy..but I felt ok....It was just the respiratory factor. It was nuts!!! Better though with that too.......

Ok I know this was such a long post..I just really have been wanting to get all that off my chest.

I want to do better..I want to be better...and right now...I want to do better all by myself with no assistance.

Unfortunately for me, I have a very addictive personality. So whatever I do for more then a few days is stuck to schedule. I mean that is everything right. You have to retrain your brain on how to function without certain triggers or enablers.

I know I can do this.....I know I can. ....Next battle to conquer.......THE SCALE!!!! I wanna put that bad boy up! I want to just go by the measuring tape. I really do. Even if I can just get ballsy enough to weight weekly and be comfortable with it.

1 day at a time Olivia....1 day at a time!

I just won one battle............now to move forward...no backsies!!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:44 AM   #379
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
welldone for getting off the pills and the smokes, I tried the no smoking thing a few months ago and it was way to hard I ate everything in site and had to either gain all this weight back or smoke again not a wise choice but I chose to smoke, the way I see it is once am at goal I will work on the no smoking then, I cant do both right now, the pizza cups look delish by the way. You doing a great job even though you probably dont think so but your wanting to change and lose weight and you havent given up, your strong you will get to where you want to be, hang in there.

Couch to 5K graduate 2nd April 2010
callanetics..97 hours total!45.5 inches lost, 78lbs lost, 19 miles ran/walked for July
"the steeper the mountain the harder the climb the better the view from the finishing line"!
<---that lil cutie pie is my 1 y/o niece

sans
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 AM   #380
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Ohhh I forgot to ask did TOM show its ugly head? lol oh and I love the new avatar shes soooooooooo cute!!
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #381
Major LCF Poster!

I have had a few cravings for a cig. over the last 2 days due to stress...but luckily enough Have not broke. Mind you I've been smoking since 96', off and on that is. Of course I hit a few stress points and pick it back up but never have I just stopped smoking I would eventually cut it out. Of course during pregnancy that was never an option and the adverse reaction to the smell would send me through the ceiling.

Yes TOM showed up. Late......but I totally forgot to take in consideration that Feb. was a short month. SO with that adding in the additional days as if it was a regular month put me on schedule day wise. SO I really wasnt late....lol.....IM a goober.....but seriously pre-tom was a BIT@# to me this month......or rather it all came on during my detox....lol.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #382
Major LCF Poster!

oh hahahaa....the new avatar is of zozey bug. Daisia my oldest, decided to go through all her accesories and make her a bag lady. It was too cute.....She had fun dressing up in all that ....'cept when she couldnt get half of it off and nearly freaked out.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:57 PM   #383
Major LCF Poster!

I'm laughing at myself.........cause I just cant steer away from the scale. I managed 2 days. I think that is as long as I can manage.....well I weighed yesterday at 215.6. Today I weighed becuase tom is slowly leaving and 209.2......I WILL TAKE IT!!!!!

So I managed to drop some water bloat the last few days....good good and good! now If I can drop the additional 9 lbs so I can be back to the wieght I was on 2/28.

Oh another thing Im not going to do is make the statement that Im going to do it this time....ACTIONS speak louder then words and Im just going to make it happen! I'm doing measuremements and GASSSSPPPPPP Pictures of my body. I will try to wiegh every few days and do measurements every 14days and pics too. We will see.........

Ok dinner tonight is drum roll please........................

grilled bacon wrapped chipotle shrimp a half of grilled garlic chicken breast and roasted squash.

I'm excited for dinner.

Oh im just going to start adding in a few more veggies and cut out more cheese. I will deal with the adjusting bulk(fiber) as I need to.

I need more variety so I need to think outside of my box if I really want to make this work.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 PM   #384
Major LCF Poster!

Wow lady! What a post! I know how you feel, LCF can sometimes go a little downhill but I just ignore it and head back to my journal to post about my menu or a new recipe I'm trying (or talk to you!)

Your pumpkin bake and pizza cups look awesome! I've made something similar to the pumpkin bake before and it was AMAZING! I'm to the point now with pumpkin that all I need is a spoon, a can of pumpkin, some stevia and some hwc and/or cream cheese and I'm a happy girl. Oh.. and a can opener. lol! SO good! For next time almond flour would definitely work, or even coconut flour! Just make sure to add an extra egg if you make it with the coconut.

Congrats on quitting the smokes and pills, I don't know what the withdrawals are like but I'm sure it's no walk on the beach.

Hooooray for your woosh! I hope all of that fluctuation/bloat goes away and never comes back!

Dinner sounds YUMMY! I LOVE roasted squash, especially pattypans!

What is your plan for Friday and the weekend? Is it easier for you to have things planned out in advance or impromptu?

What kinds of veggies do you like? I'm sure between all of us we can figure out some new recipes and or veggie combinations that you'll love. Zucchini, tomatoes and mushrooms are my basic veggies that I try to always have at home. Oh! You should make some zoodles with mushrooms!

I'm going to go catch up on our other thread, I'm sure I'll be back over this way before the night is over!
Old 03-11-2010, 07:11 PM   #385
Major LCF Poster!

I am keen to veggies that stay firm but soft after cooking. Squash bieng one of them. Sweet potatoes have become my faves lately but I need to add some new things in. I havent quite made the zoodles yet I wish I had one of thos handy dandy veggie cutter uppers. lol....... I made zuch lasagna a few times and that right there is tidious.

sauteed mushrooms, onions....I can never perfect raw green beans. Those are disasterous when prepared.

Ok pattypans. You've cooked those up and posted pics but what do they taste like and where do you get them? I have neve seen those before...............

Come back and talk to me later.........lol....

oh yah and what kind of main dishes would you suggest me trying?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:25 PM   #386
Major LCF Poster!

Patty pans are like an epic zucchini. lol, I can't really compare them to anything else. I saw a thread on google a while ago saying that they taste like a mix of crookneck and zucchini. I got mine at Whole Foods, it's the only place I've ever seen them for sale. (I'm growing some on the patio hopefully soon!). I guess they get pretty big too, the ones I've had are about the diameter of a silver dollar.

Have you tried shirataki noodles? I've been making those a lot lately, super tasty with everything I've paired them with so far. Maybe we should make a List-of-Linda-Sue recipes to try, she has a LOT of yummy recipes that I want to try and haven't yet. Linda Sue's recipes along with Cleo's... between those two websites I'm sure there are quite a few things that we will enjoy (your family too!)
Old 03-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #387
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: healed01
Stats: 183/142/135
WOE: Atkins/low carb
Start Date: May 23 2008
Hi Oliviat
I love reading your post. I am like you when it comes to TOM, last week I was doing so well..my clothes loose and all and suddenly I lost it and went on a carb binge. Now I'm here feeling really bloated and on holidays and really motivated to get back to induction and slim. I cant wait. I am also starting to get the lifestyle part. I want to have normal eating patterns and not eat like I have been. I stopped making meals and just eating food. Presentation and co. is very important and actuallly contributes to my satisfaction. anyway just thought I would stop by and say we can do this.

What is my CCL?
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...journal-6.html
healed01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:36 PM   #388
Major LCF Poster!

latte~ I lUVVVVVVVV Linda sue and Cleo Recipes.....>they are sooooo my favorite run to gals for ideas.

Cleo is quite the social bunny too.....soo funny.. I love it!!!!

I did try the shirataki noodles the other week. I made a pad thai out of it. Unfortunately I needed somthing to thicken up the sauce . It came out kinda runny...or I just may of made it wrong.....It still was quite yummy. I will be buying a whole bunch of those soon.

1st recipe to make with it is spagetti. Next time I will have to alow them to sit longer after I rinse them. That may be the solution to it coming out less liquidy.......I want to find the elbow mac type noodle ......I may have to buy online. That would be a yummmy mac an cheese. I miss that ALOT! lol...

Hiya healed thanx for stopping by. Yes we can do it.......its just setting your mind to "acheive" and it all falls inplace from there!!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 09:46 PM   #389
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: alanP
WOE: VCL
Start Date: February 3 2010
Miss G~ Hope you're good today, preparing a loooong rambling post to subject you to.
Have a great day.
alanP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:46 AM   #390
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no alan......lol!!!!! I read your post on the induction lovers thread and was like.....written by a LCF who's got the experience under his belt now!! Very good post. It makes me feel like your getting the swing of it all and hope that you don't teether away from us. You are learning young Jedi!! lol......

How was your conference??