Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2010, 06:54 PM   #271
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Does planning your menus out in advance help? If so, what is your plan for tomorrow and this week?
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2010, 07:25 PM   #272
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: MissG
Stats: 278/ 278 /170
WOE: Olivia's WOE
I dont plan meals out, as much as a convienence that would be, its just hard to do. My sig. other was doing this with me since up until we moved. He has since lost focus or rather just plain Ol' feel off. He will eat what I make LC but has since been eating carby crap again. Im not going to point this out to him. If I did It will become some petty debate about why or whatever the case can be.

When he was OP with me he kept me motivated. So in that sense, him not caring really anymore is affecting me. He still is encouraging towards me but the excitment of what was there is gone.

Now with that, I have myself to cook for and then the kids. The kids will have the main meat part of what I make but of course they will have veggies along with something else.

I dont know if thats just an excuse or if Its just easier for me to say its harder for me to meal plan I just know when I do try to I never end up doing it. I just go along with what how my day goes.

So for today I have had:

A shake........

1 string cheese

2 boiled eggs smashed with a 1/2 tsp of mayo and a pinch of shredded cheddar cheese.

Drank alot of water finally today and rewarded myself for doing so with a mug of coffee.

I havent had dinner as of yet. Just been running around cleaning and doing laundry for the majority of the day.

So honeslty latte....It is something I should do to keep me on track but coming up with meal Ideas and having to prepare things constantly throughout the day is soooo unappealing to me.

Oh..the joys of bieng me!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #273
Major LCF Poster!

I have no Idea what I would plan out for tomorrow if I was to do so. lmao......
MissG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 07:53 PM   #274
Major LCF Poster!

I can help if you want! If you're doing VLC then usually eggs and protein are the way to go. Scrambled eggs, hard boiled eggs, string cheese, tuna, umm... Well, what do you have in the fridge?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:00 PM   #275
Major LCF Poster!

tons of meats. cheese, eggs of course. romaine lettuce, 1 sweet potatoe left. I know hot links arent all that great but have those too. I really need to go grocery shopping. but for right now those are the only LC staples available to me in the house. I have since ran out of cucumber and mushrooms (not so lc but with moderation), I cant eat tomatoes they irritate my tongue So if I buy them its for the family. Oh and I have some yummy avo.

I guess mabye I have ran out of ideas on things to make and then of course having to cook it...lol. easy easy is good for me when you gotta run a household and keep everyone else going.

Ok if you were to suggest a meal plan for me...what would you suggest. Im open on going and getting what I need for the day.

plan away latte..............
Old 02-15-2010, 08:23 PM   #276
Major LCF Poster!

hmm...

B - 3 eggs scrambled, 1 oz cheese and 1/4 avocado
Snack - 1 HB egg
L - 2 oz lettuce (this ends up being two cups per ******), 3-4 oz of some sort of meat (do you have chicken? tilapia? tuna? ground beeeeeef?) 1 HB egg, 1/2 to 1TB evoo for dressing (optional) Oh.. and maybe some cheese too! (1 oz)
Snack - string cheese (or 1 oz whatever cheese you have)
D - meat of some sort and 1 cup (1oz) salad

This is the ****** count without the meat numbers for lunch and din din - cals 735, fat 58.8, carb 8.9(5.2 net), protein 44.7.

So you'll want at least another 45g(ish) of protein from whatever meats you have and the cals will come along with more meat too.. Hope this gives you some ideas!

AND LOTS OF WATER. Very important.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:40 PM   #277
Major LCF Poster!

Ok cool! I tried to use ****** or Iplate or whatever its called and it was overwhelming to me. lol...all those numbers. Again I tried to use it in the beginning. Being that I know a bit more of what is appropriate I think I need to go back to it.

Just had a lil discussion with the hubbs. He said he agrees that he hasnt been making the best of decisions with eating and will try to jump back on it. Also he informed me that he bumped back up 8lbs too. So he obviously sees how eating off plan can negatively impact you. It was kinda funny, He said Ive eaten lc today. I was like really, thats not Lc, pointing at the cookie he was popping in his mouth. He stopped chewing and shrugged his shoulder and said well Im not about to go hark it up. He also admitted to having had 3 big cookies and a bowl of cereal. Then came the admitting of obviously not eating very clean today. He then asked me to keep him in check.

So that made me happy. I think once we both get in high gear again I will get better too!

As for water ..I have drank almost a whole gallon. There was a large plastic cup worth of it left in the last one and Im half way finished with this one. I plan on finishing up before the nites over like Im use to doing. I cant afford to not drink enough. When my water consumption is low I feel it bigtime. I have been in and out of the potty all day and thats good. I need to cleanse my system. I also only had 1 mug of coffee today. I am wanting another but I will contemplate that later. Im usually drinking at least 3 mugs during the day. So If I can reduce it to 2 then to 1 it will be good.

I'm not hungry for dinner and doubt I'll get hungry later. drinking this water is keeping me full although I know I should eat something else. I have some chicken tenderloins I can pan cook up and a side salad. I probably should try to eat before it gets any later. I just dont like eating after 7. It seems to put a stall on weightloss the next day.

I also need to get over weighing everyday. I mean not JUSt everyday but morning sometimes mid day and before I go to sleep. Its irritating to say the least. Just a freaken stupid compulsion to see how my weight fluctuates. I weigh in on the boards every friday, why cant I just take it as such.

Oh latte....Im a hot mess!!! lmao!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:54 PM   #278
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad your talk with your hun buns went well, hopefully that will make menus and preparation easier!

I've been working on trying to only eat when I'm hungry and not stay focused on my calories (as low as they may be). If you feel satisfied, don't force yourself to eat just to up your numbers for the day. If you neeed to get some cals in, then coconut oil I've heard is a good thing to have on hand.

I used to weigh every day and it really frustrated me. My weight fluctuates a LOT so I wasn't doing myself any good by weighing in so much. Now I try to weigh in once per week on Fridays, maybe twice. The best time (imho) to weigh in is in the morning before you eat anything, this way your food/water/whatever intake for the day won't be part of your number.

Let's shoot for not weighing in until Friday!!

Old 02-15-2010, 10:20 PM   #279
Major LCF Poster!

lol.....I'll try not too...

nah....tomorrows tuesday so this is my plan for this week. I will in the morning...nakie and after the restroom like always. Then I will on friday as well. Im not going to obsess on the scale this week. I also was thinking, Just get in what I feel I can eat. Cause sometimes I just cant do 3 whole meals in day although I should be able too. And your right I just need to eat til satisfied. I went to the kitchen to get the chicken out and stopped cause Im really not hunrgy and so far so good. Still not. I am going to have that 2nd mug of coffee though, its brewing as I type. I made a whole 10cups. Hubbs is a big time coffee man and goes through all kinds of caffine withdrawls. He had to go pick up our daughter 45mins away and same time back so I know he's gonna want some when he gets home.

We watched District 9 last nite. Or rather I did since he feel asleep in the beginning. It turned out pretty good.

We rented 3 movies from the redbox but only got to see that one last nite. So when he gets back we are going to watch paranormal activity and The surrogates. We are big scify junkies, scary movie junkies.

I left you a comment on facebook. lol....I was looking at your pics and your such a cutie!!! I wish we could meet. Everyone on LCF's seems to be 1000's of miles away from each other. I would love to plan a meet and greet were alot of us could just meet up and have a girls weekend together. Maybe a spa day to treat us. On one of the threads we were talking about meeting up in vegas for it. No official set plans as of yet though.

Ok Miss.......I hope your nite has been good....what time do you usually get to sleep?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:23 PM   #280
Major LCF Poster!

oh yah...Ive been using the CO in my coffee at times. I totally forgot about it though since I moved here. I think I might bust it out when I have my coffee later. even though its a little oily it tastes good in it. thanx for reminding me.
Old 02-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #281
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Tommyswife
Stats: 222.5/209.5/180 R1000 P2
WOE: Homeopathic HCG
Hey lady! How are you doing? How many movies are you able to rent at one time at Redbox. I was trying to reserve 2 movies online, but it only allows me to get one.
Tommyswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 11:22 PM   #282
Major LCF Poster!

I think you can reserve 1 online. At the box you can rent I think up to 5 at a time. Its not bad considering they were already due tonight and just have to pay another 3 dollars for another 24 hr period.

Oh Im doing good. just trying to get back OP from my screwups last week. How are you misslady?
Old 02-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #283
Major LCF Poster!

Im such a spaz face! Ok so I wrote about my dang ID yesterday. Well I was sitting here like damn..I really have to go down and stand in that crazy DMV line and I was like well at least I have a copy of it in the computer. Then the damn BELLS went OFF like you dummy You had to fax your ID over to your vendor the other day!!!!!!!!!! UHHHHHDUH!!! Went over to the fax machine and If my name wasnt OLIVIA I would of had it sooner! Oh boy......call me dahdurrrrrrrr!!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 06:43 AM   #284
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
Hey you seem very uplifted and in control, I also find it easier drinking the water from a bottle too, I have 4 in the fridge at all times, I always have a bottle with me on hand so no excuses really, Glad your other half is going to do this with you and help you out everyone needs a lil support it makes things easier.
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #285
Major LCF Poster!

How'd the one and last weigh in go before Friday? Way to go on not eating out of boredom last night, that's been a long learning process for me.

I just saw your comment on FB I think it would be a blast if we could meet!! We would have so much fun. It would be nice to finally be around "my own" people and treat myself for once!

Have a nice day lady!

Old 02-16-2010, 11:52 AM   #286
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempted_by_food View Post
Hey you seem very uplifted and in control, I also find it easier drinking the water from a bottle too, I have 4 in the fridge at all times, I always have a bottle with me on hand so no excuses really, Glad your other half is going to do this with you and help you out everyone needs a lil support it makes things easier.
Yes I did very well yesterday with the support of you and Latte! I thank you for putting damage control on me!! lol.....

I still didnt make it to the store yet to get my water bottles. I still got in PLENTY of it yesterday. Still working on it this morning. I did break down and have a mug of coffee before getting two big tumblers of water in. Just managed to get 1 in so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by misslatte View Post
How'd the one and last weigh in go before Friday? Way to go on not eating out of boredom last night, that's been a long learning process for me.

I just saw your comment on FB I think it would be a blast if we could meet!! We would have so much fun. It would be nice to finally be around "my own" people and treat myself for once!

Have a nice day lady!

I didnt get much sleep last nite but for what it counts yesterday did me some justice. Down 2lbs since yesterday, I know its all carb bloat but 2lbs of it gone is cool. So @ 202 this morning. Not touching the scale til friday. I vow to not do it. As hard as it will be.....I will not do it. This will be hard!

So I did end up having that last cup of coffee last nite....which regretably made my tummy rumble. Not hungry wise either.............I guess drinking it at 12am wasnt such a great idea It also kept me up til 3ish. At least I was able to finish up my last load of laundry.

Todays eats so far:

3 scrambled eggs with a splash of HWC to fluff them. 1oz of cheddar? (Latte I dont have a scale to measure but it said 1/4 cup. I think I may of used like 1 1/2 oz of cheese)

1 whole small avo.

1 big tumbler of water roughly 20oz.

Sipping on some coffee.

I know since I did have a big breakfast....and it was very satisfying I will more then likely not be hungry for lunch. Possibly a cheese stick mid afternoon.

Dinner I plan on making a yummy Juicy Ribeye steak, speared cucumber and a small salad.

Yummmmmmmmmm, That I can look forward too...lol

I really do think a Meet should be arranged. Like you said it would be awesome to be with others who are on the same page and just mingle.

I hope all you ladies have a wonderful LC day!!!
Old 02-16-2010, 02:08 PM   #287
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: tempted_by_food
Stats: 233/164/140
WOE: HHCG Rogue Style....
Start Date: restart: 7/13/2009
mmmmm gotta love a big juicy steak, good job being down 2lbs this morningthats what were here for to help each other other out if we can
tempted_by_food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #288
Major LCF Poster!

Congrats on your -2!

Your menu sounds yummy! I really should go pick up some avocados, I haven't had them in a long time it seems.

I would totally be down for a meet up! It's just the location that is the hard part--finding the best place for everyone that's convenient, cheap, fun and most of all a place that won't be a downfall for our WOE!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #289
Major LCF Poster!

So vegas is outta the question????? lol....there are so many buffets though we could still stay OP and have a nice breakfast,lunch or dinner. We could walk the strip (excersize), take in the scenary, go to a nite club possibly, hit a little slot machines and do like a half day spa retreat. Booking early will give us a cheaper rate. Sharing rooms will cut the cost even cheaper.

lol...my wishful behind. I lived out there when I was like 19. I couldnt do anything but work in an office. Went back for valentines weekend with 2 friends like in 2002. Its been years.

Latte....its been really hard not to get on that scale ...Ive been fighting the urge evertime I had to go upstairs! Why is that such and issue for me?? Im crazy!

Oh speaking of CRAZY! Ok so remember I was saying I had a few lil ends of darker hair from when I had colord my hair black and did the red color the other day? Well today I was downstairs and the sunlight was really making it show up. So I figured "egh...they are in the most easiest spots to just trim out...no biggie".....RIGHT! I done messed my whole damn head up! Im in insane...To compensate for my messup I had to trim it ou more. Ok so my left side of my head looks ok....but my right side is a hot mess. Looks like I let my duaghter get ahold of the scissors and do a barbie doll move on me. Im so livid!!!! To top that, I am NOW to EMBARRASED to go to a salon to fix it. My sisters Bestie is a stylist and I called my sis, broke down in tears ans she started to laugh. Not cause of my smooth move cause she actually invisioned how loppy my hair looked and felt bad, all while I was sobbing. Im trying to get her to get ahold of her friend so that she can come and do my hair at least even it out.

After all the time I had let my hair grow and finally get to length where I could pull it back, I go and do some idiotic thing like this!! "I can do this", My ARSE!!!! LMAO!!! Ok I will laugh at it now.......geez!

Im loppy headed now......lol!
Old 02-16-2010, 09:32 PM   #290
Major LCF Poster!

Oh no! I hope it all works out whatever you end up doing! If anyone talks crap about your new 'do' tell them it's the new style.

No matter what 'new hairstyle' you have, I'm sure you'll always look as ravishing and omgorgeous as you always do!
Old 02-16-2010, 10:00 PM   #291
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: OhLucy
Stats: 320/299/165
WOE: WW Points
Start Date: Restart Aug. 6, 2010
I think you should post the picture! It's the least you can do to take our minds off of food.
OhLucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 10:06 PM   #292
Major LCF Poster!

LMAO!!! Ohlucy your too funny!!! I should take a pic just to see how freggin idiotic a move that was!!! I guess a pic will show me how loppy I REALLY look!!! lol.....

and thank you latte.......I hope it looks ok after i can get it fixed.lol...........
Old 02-16-2010, 10:43 PM   #293
Major LCF Poster!

Oh! I just had an idea - if we ever do have a meet up somewhere we should have a massive clothes swap too!!! I have lots of "too nice for donation to goodwill" clothes that I'd rather give to a LCF than some random person. . Hopefully I'll have enough room in my luggage! Hehe
Old 02-17-2010, 12:26 AM   #294
Major LCF Poster!

thats a really good idea!! I have tons of things also that I hold onto because of that reason!!! That should be a main part of it!

Good brainstorming!!lol......

Just finished waching Paranormal Activity. It was cool....not what I expected but......JMO! lol......
Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 AM   #295
Major LCF Poster!

I wrote this for everyone to view. It also gave me a bit of strength that has been lost in goodness knows where.

Motivation and Determination
Old 02-17-2010, 05:26 AM   #296
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: shari
Stats: 252/186/179-mini goal
WOE: hcg 2.0
Good morning.
shari is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #297
Major LCF Poster!

Mornin lady! That was a nice post! Sometimes we all need to get into the "keep on truckin" mentality to get through some of the stuff that comes along with getting healthier--stalls, fluctuations, blah, blah!

Have a wonderful day!
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM   #298
Major LCF Poster!

Thanx latte!!!!

Day 1 down of not weighing.....IM FIGHTING IT!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH! lol.......

Hurry up friday!

On a positive note......my sis said her friend will do my hair!!!! I just need to find out when.
Old 02-17-2010, 07:45 PM   #299
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missgreeneyedenvy View Post
Thanx latte!!!!

Day 1 down of not weighing.....IM FIGHTING IT!!!!!!!!!! ARGHHHH! lol.......

Hurry up friday!

On a positive note......my sis said her friend will do my hair!!!! I just need to find out when.
I hope it's soon! I'm sure it will look nice, I want PICTURES this time!
Old 02-17-2010, 07:49 PM   #300
Major LCF Poster!

I know I need some new ones...lol.

Ugh....latte Im getting a nagging headache. I think its from eating clean no cheats for the last 2 days. Its so irritating....

Can friday come any slower????