Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 09:19 AM   #1
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Ilpirata
IlPirata... The Rest of the Way.

Well I sure as heck wish I'd been keeping a journal all along! I have to go back through my old posts to see how far I've come. I will be posting some of those posts here in my journal to archive them for posterity (and my posterior)
Ilpirata is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-15-2009, 11:43 AM   #2

Original Intro Post 04-14-08

Hello Century Club!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I thought it might not hurt to Introduce myself formally.

I'm a longtime lurker on lowcarbfriends and started posting a coupla months ago... only I JUST discovered this portion of the boards.

I'm 31, single, no kids, although I do have a pet bunnyrabbit. I work more than full time as a commercial insurance broker. I have alot of good friends and a very busy life. I'm a California native currently living in the bay area.

I first lost weight with Atkins at about age 21. I went from 183 (wouldn't I LOVE to be that weight again lol) down to about 140 which is about as small as I can get. 140 on me is a size 6- or at least it was. I'm five seven so size six is SMALL.

I kept the weight off for several years and slowly regained it plus alot more. Its been about a decade of slow weight gain for me. I would intermittently try to do Atkins but I always drank alot of alcohol so needless to say it didn't ever work. Not pretty. I have now been sober since March 2007.

I recomitted to serious weightloss in around September of 07. My weight may have been as high as 265... but 257 is a number I for sure for sure remember seeing on the scale when I officially reinducted. At first I got quite carried away doing very strict VLCD Stillmans for several months - my hair finally STOPPED falling out just recently. I sucessfully switched back to Atkins induction and my weight loss slowed to about 5lbs a month. For the last month or so I've been fluctuation up and down the same three pounds and need to get the scale moving again!

My current plan is to do very strict Atkins 72 by the book for the next two weeks - and for me strict means I have to track everything in ****** or else it gets away from me. If the strict induction and strict tracking doesn't get the scale moving down again I'll have to reasses and maybe switch it up to a different plan. I'm hoping not to have to do so since I love the foods on the Atkins WOE.

My current goal weight is set at 170 with of course a mini goal of finally getting below 200. ONEDERLAND! O I cant wait. I haven't been below 200 in probably seven or eight years. Once I hit my current goal weight of 170 I know I will set a new and lower one. Probably closer to 140 or 150... we'll see. Right now I just need to be losing again!

Sorry this was so long. I'm really looking for some online buddies and some mutual support - I don't tend to talk about my WOE in RL too much... just to my sister who supports and understands me.

Thanks,
Old 09-15-2009, 12:26 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbinChica
Stats: 183/175.7/145
Ilpirata ~ I'm glad you're getting back on track. Are you the one who was doing JUDD a few months ago? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm glad you're on here and have a journal. lalala recommended I start one and I really think it's VERY helpful. Keeps you accountable to yourself and to any of your online buddies who are tracking you. Keep it up girlfriend and you'll be at your goal for sure. Just keep working at it everyday knowing that at least you feel better mentally and physically if you're eating on plan. The weightloss is a side-benefit. Good luck to you!

Last edited by LowCarbinChica; 09-15-2009 at 12:33 PM..
LowCarbinChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:42 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowCarbinChica View Post
Ilpirata ~ I'm glad you're getting back on track. Are you the one who was doing JUDD a few months ago? I can't remember. Anyway, I'm glad you're on here and have a journal. lalala recommended I start one and I really think it's VERY helpful. Keeps you accountable to yourself and to any of your online buddies who are tracking you. Keep it up girlfriend and you'll be at your goal for sure. Just keep working at it everyday knowing that at least you feel better mentally and physically if you're eating on plan. The weightloss is a side-benefit. Good luck to you!
Thanks Chica! YES I did JUDD for about seven months! I'm focusing on just induction eating every day right now. My weight has gone up some but I'm just working on maintaining while I gather my energies for another big losing push. That JUDD got exhausting for me!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:15 PM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbinChica
Stats: 183/175.7/145
About JUDD, I think it's the most depressing diet of all time. Seriously, it reminds me of the days when I was a kid and would crash diet weird little diets like "Pineapple juice and potato diets" that I would make up and barely give me like 600 calories a day. I'd have these headaches and feel confined and depressed all day. I don't care if "i can have it tomorrow" - that doesn't make it any better for me. I remember feeling so desperate on JUDD the couple weeks I gave it a go and finally, just went back to tried and true, healthy, normal low-carb. It feels 100 times better for me.

Can't wait to see your progress. You'll do real well and be inspiring all of us within a couple weeks.
LowCarbinChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:07 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
631424rbg3g5r2aw.gif
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 09:09 AM   #7

Hi Redeemed!

JUDD was good for me for quite some time and its definately not off the table for me in the future. My problem is that historically I don't really lose on regular low carb. its one of those WOE that is absolutely not for everyone! Its pretty extreme IMO and really i don't know why anyone would do it that didn't absolutely HAVE TO TO LOSE.

So for now I'm going to stick to Induction and then OWL and watch my calories. If I'm incapable of getting into VFT eating this way I will for sure be reassessing and picking a new WOE. Maybe JUDD again Maybe South Beach Diet.

We'll see!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:12 AM   #8

Originally Posted 05-12-08

MAKE THAT ORIGINALLY POSTED 05-08-08

Okay I need Help. 2 Month Stall

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, I've been sticking with it and sticking with it and I'm really frustrated. For the past two months (no cheats) I have fluctuated around the same couple of pounds and essentially lost no weight. It has been longer than two months actually but two months is the amount of time i've been really noticing it. According to ****** for the last two months my average weekly weight change is .16 - thats less than two tenths of a pound per week. The numbers have gone between 217 and 221. Lowest weight glimpsed on the scale was 215.5 but that was one day at the end of TOM. Weight this morning 219. I have religiously tracked my eating in ******.

Here's my averages for the past month (per day):

Total Calories: 1690
Total Fat Fat: grams-137 calories-1231 percent-73%
Sat: 58 523 31%
Poly: 21 185 11%
Mono: 39 349 21%
Carbs: grams-16 calories-52 percent3%
Fiber: 3 0 0%
Protein: grams-99 calories-395 percent 24%
Alcohol: 0 0 0%

WHAT COULD POSSIBLY BE WRONG WITH THESE NUMBERS?

Here is a typical days menu:

B: egg Cream (everyday made this way)
1-2 TBS CO
2-3 Eggs
1 FL Oz (2 TBS) heavy cream
either coffee or tea or diet soda made with splena to mix

L: 1C shredded pork
1C shredded lettuce
2TBS Mayo
Mustard to mix

D: two grilled flat steaks (thin sliced)
1.5C romaine
w/half avocado

i eat this way with little variation. EC for brekky with CO. Lunch meat and lettuce and mayo. D: meat and lettuce and mayo or ranch. Some snack items are usually cheese stick... sometimes low carb beef jerky...

I'm really at a loss here.

At the beginning of my weightloss I used Stillmans and it worked amazing. Sadly some of my hair fell out. I transitioned back to regular Atkins induction and after a few pounds water weight gain began losing steadily with average of 5lbs per month which I really am happy with! Now this for over the last two months NOTHING. Do I need to go back to Stillmans to lose? Its so boring and the deep ketosis makes it hard to eat enough calories.

I'm 31. 5'7 and have LOTS of weight left to lose.
I don't drink any alcohol
exercise is minimal. Just walking around town up and down stairs at work, dancing some weekends... i work up to 12 hours a day and have a really busy social life so exercise is not something I'm looking to add. With the amount of weight left to lose shouldn't I be able to lose based on diet alone?

I REALLY appreciate any input.
I have been putting off asking for help thinking that if I just stick with it it will start to go down again...
so bummed.

thanks in advance!!!!!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 AM   #9

ORIGINALLY POSTED 09-29-08

Getting My Thyroid Tested...

I've made an appointment to get my Thyroid tested. I have read here before that there are certain specific tests I should be making sure they do...
Only I can't remember what the heck they are!

Exactly which tests should I be sure to get?

Thanks!
Old 09-16-2009, 09:15 AM   #10

ORIGINALLY POSTED 10-23-08

I think this qualifies as slow loss

I'm a little sad about the ****** data I looked at today.

Since I started i have lost fifty pounds.
In the last year I have lost 39 pounds.
In the past six months I have lost EIGHT POUNDS.

I RELIGIOUSLY follow my WOE.

I've been following the yeast protocol which hasn't yet produced any results.

I'm getting my thyroid tested next week...

I'm NOT giving up no matter what but jeez! I've been so dedicated and those statistics... EIGHT POUNDS IN SIX MONTHS of religious Atkins is a little depressing.

I guess I'm just throwing a pity party.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:17 AM   #11

ORIGINALLY POSTED 10-13-08

Thyroid Test Results - Please help...

Well they're mostly in this morning. Still waiting for the two antibody tests that take a few more days. Everything looks normal according to the lab range except maybe the T3 TOTAL which read in at EXACTLY the lowest possible reading on the range they gave...

I WOULD APPRECiate any input or help reading these...
Is my thyroid indeed NORMAL?

Ferretin: 77 (11-307)

T3 Total: .87 (.87-1.78)
T3 Free: 2.39 (2.00-3.90)
T3 Uptake: 36.7 (32.0-48.4)
T4 Thyroxine Total: 6.9 (4.7-16.1)
T4 Free: 1.04 (.58-1.64)
TSH (Ultrasensitive): 2.22 (.34-4.0)

Thyroglobulin Autoabs: PENDING
Thyroid Peroxidase Autabs: PENDING

ONOTHER POST FROM THAT THREAD 10-21-08

My GP prescribed Armour for me. BUT he did it mostly on the basis of the TSH number. He happens to like to see TSH between 1-2, closer to 1. I suspect he will not up my armour scrip or may even yank me off it when he sees how it drops my TSH. Good news is that I have also self referred to a supposedly good endo so I will just switch to her if that happens.

UPDATE POST FROM THAT THREAD 11-03-08

UPDATE:

Well, my latest three month stall is finall broken! I was bouncing between 208 - 213 for three months. With either 212 or 213 being my weight the day I started the Armour Thyroid on 10/15/08. Yesterday I weighed in at 205.5! So AT LAST. The Armour is really working as I havent changed anything else except for the new meds. Thanks all for your encouragement and support. I'm so stoked!
Old 09-17-2009, 05:39 PM   #12
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)

XO,
HB

hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 02:34 PM   #13
HB = Healthy & Balanced

09/19/09 = Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Welcome to the Official site for Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19

just thought you'd wanna know...
Old 09-21-2009, 09:03 AM   #14

Thanks hon! I love that day lol.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:23 AM   #15
HB = Healthy & Balanced

there U R !! I missed u. Happy First Day of Fall !! Have a gr8 Day !!
Old 09-23-2009, 09:31 AM   #16

Totals for 09/22/09

Calories 1,895
Fat 144.6 1,289 69 %
Carbohydrate 17.1 64 3 %
Dietary Fiber 2.2
Protein 126.3 507 27 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

What I ate all day was several meals of ground beef with some shredded cheddar some garden fresh tomatoes and some mayo/ranch dressing/chili sauce.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:35 AM   #17

That was my weight this morning. I've been on pretty strict induction for the last few weeks. The non-induction items that I have eaten is COOL WHIP of all the disgusting choices. never buying that crap again. ugh. O and some peanuts because they sell them in the vending machine at my work. My weight has been pretty much steadily increasing on induction so far. not awesome. I weighed 193 on 09-07-09

As long as its under 200... I'm pretty much ten pounds up from the lowest low I achieved way way back six months ago. I'm going to stay with inductino for now mainly because I just don't have the motivation to do anything harder than induction right now. In another week I'll probably up my carbs some. OK so what I REALLY should do is make sure I follow super strict induction absolutely by the book for the next week. No Cool Whip. No peanuts etc. I'll see where I'm at in a week I guess.

If I can get back my joo joo I'm going to OBVIOUSLY need to do JUDD or Stillmans or something on the extreme side like that to start losing weight again. Right now I'm not up to it. Right now I'm gonna stick with Atkins Induction and as long as I don't go any higher on weight thats okay. for now.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:42 PM   #18

197.2 Again this morning

Here's my totals for yesterday Wednesday 09/23/09:

Calories 2,373
Fat 146.7 1,304 56 %
Saturated 36.2 319 14 %
Polyunsaturated 26.6 236 10 %
Monounsaturated 24.6 217 9 %
Carbohydrate 33.6 130 6 %
Dietary Fiber 2.5
Protein 220.2 912 39 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

So thats a really high calorie really high fat really high protein day. ugh.

Today I'm doing a low carb low cal da a la JUDD. I'd like to see a slightly lower scale weight before going out of town for the weekend. I'll be able to LC but probably will be intaking quite a few calories. I'll reassess when I get back. If I'm up for it maybe go back tto three day a week JUDD for October.
Old 09-24-2009, 06:41 PM   #19
GME
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: GME
Stats: 250/166/175 And again...223/215.0/146 5'7
WOE: Misc.
Start Date: April 2000 (the first time)
Hey Kisha. I just found you by accident.

I let my journal go stale. Who knows how many pages back it is now.

I hope this helps you get things figured out.
GME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #20
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Old 09-25-2009, 09:02 AM   #21

Well I did it! I did a DD for the first time in over a month (not that I've even been attempting them LOL)

Calories 514
Fat 23.5 210 43 %
Carbohydrate 17.1 68 14 %
Dietary Fiber 0.3
Protein 51.3 206 42 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

Was rewarded by scale response this morning. So for this weekend out of town I'm going to just stick to solid induction levels (my weight will probably go back up) and then sneak in a couple of down weeks.

I'm DEFINATELY gearing myself up to get back on three Down Day per week JUDD in October.

The fact that my scale responded to just one low calorie day has me very happy this morning. Also yesterday was pretty easy as I was out of the house for most of it. Down Days are SO MUCH EASIER when i'm NOT at home. I'm such a grazer when I'm in my house.

Hey Gina! Thanks for stopping by... you too HB you guys.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:14 PM   #22

Going back to a Semi-JUDD week

Well I had a big old calorie many Up Day weekend. Stuck very low carb but tons of food. Finished it up with like 1.5 LBS of hamburger patties last night! SRSLY.

DID. NOT. WEIGH. THIS. MORNING.

I'm going to be back on JUDD by October. This week I'm easing into it with a Down Day today (Tuesday) and another one on Thursday. I'll be following strict low carb as well. I'll weigh on Friday Morning then have Saturday and Sunday UD start back to Monday, Wednesday, Friday Down Days JUDD on Monday October Fifth. I'll do that for all of October and see what the scale tells me.

Cant give up. I'm so afraid I'll see numbers over two hundred again.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:44 AM   #23

DD Yesterday Not Weighing today

I did a "decent" Down Day Yesterday. I really need to keep these under 500 calories as I get back in the swing of JUDD but for now I guess its decent:

Calories 656
Fat 37.0 329 50 %
Carbohydrate 31.9 118 18 %
Dietary Fiber 11.6
Protein 54.5 213 32 %
Alcohol 0.0 0 0 %

I was WAY TOO eskeered to weigh myself this morning. I might brave the scale after my next scheduled Down Day on Thursday... or I might not. I'll just have to see how I feel and also how succesfull that DD is. Right now I'm planning to go back to three DD a week JUDD starting Monday 10/05/09
Old 10-02-2009, 02:30 PM   #24

194.8 This Morning

After second DD of the week yesterday which came in right around 500 cals so a good DD. I'm going back to three day a week JUDD rotation on Monday. In the meantime I've got three days... and I don't want to gain a ton so I'm going to try to do tomorrow as MD and REALLY keep my cals in check today and Sunday. NO MORE SUPER UP DAYS.
Old 10-06-2009, 09:57 AM   #25

194.4 this morning

Had succesfull DD last Thursday then three UDs Friday, Saturday, Sunday (not out of control on cals though I didn't track). Stayed home from work yesterday and still pulled off DD. I didn't track but I ate a couple of TBS of hummus, 3-4 oz of turkey breast and some baby carrots. Oh, and some 1/2 and 1/2 in my coffee. 194.4 this a.m. which I'm using as my official JUDD restart weight. I would LOVE to hit some VFT This month... though that means I'd have to lose eight pounds in October which would truly be close to my personal best record! Either way as long as I'm 190 or less this month I'll be totally remotivated to stick with JUDD for further weight loss.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:42 AM   #26
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Yo Pirate-Girl! Where R U ??

XO,
HB
Old 11-03-2009, 02:31 PM   #27

LOL. I'm here I'm just not losing weight!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 PM   #28
HB = Healthy & Balanced

well, Ms Churchill ~ I'm sure U R due for a WHOOSH soon!
Old 12-26-2009, 04:34 PM   #29
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Aloha & Mele Kalikimaka!

I'm in CA physically; but in Hawaii spiritually!
Happy Holidaze to YOU and yours; miss ya!!

Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird11 View Post
Aloha & Mele Kalikimaka!

I'm in CA physically; but in Hawaii spiritually!
Happy Holidaze to YOU and yours; miss ya!!

Happy Christmas HB! I'll be using this journal ALOT next year. Next year is my year to get to goal! (I'm probably going to have to call all of 2009 a wash)