Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 03:05 PM   #31
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: 2big4mysize
Stats: 313 to current goalie 169-173
WOE: Atkins 2002
Start Date: june 1 2002
is your cheese issue a sodium one a milk protein allergy or intolerance or a claoric one.

I know a goalie Atkinseer who discovered it was the addatives in fresh cheese that gave her an issue and if she made her own without any she was okay but store bought she couldn't lose weight eating.

Hey there Vickie your ****** link works fine I just need to remember youare in a different time zone and not eating ******* starvation mode when I see 500 cals for a day LOL>
2big4mysize is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-2009, 04:21 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vernswifevickie
Stats: 226/185/150
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: April 2010
Hi Gran! OMG...I also have times when I am tempted to just do the "eggwhite challenge" for a few days to get me over the hump...ughhh!!! It's unbelieveable that there was a time when I had never even heard of an eggwhite challenge and would NEVER have considered actually doing it! I am determined to have a healthy relationship with food. I want to live in a world where food is just simply food.

Hi 2big...I'm glad you don't mind just looking at my ****** because it's a whole lot easier to just plug it all in there than it is to type it all out here.

Today I ended up having just coffee with cream for "breakfast"...then the day got away from me and I just had "lunch" a little while ago...a salad with roasted chicken on top.

It's been a screwy day and the appetite suppression really helps when I am too busy to eat!

My Blog, Vickie's Voice

My Journal

Last edited by vernswifevickie; 09-17-2009 at 04:35 PM.. Reason: because I simply suck at typing
vernswifevickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #33
Major LCF Poster!

Location: Where student drivers are taught how to dodge road apples
Gallery: Madam De Leon
Quote:
Originally Posted by vernswifevickie View Post
the appetite suppression really helps when I am too busy to eat!
I think that's a lot of it for me too. Not that I don't ever get ridiculously hungry, but there are times when I eat because it's "time to eat", and other times when I've been so busy I just plain forget to eat, simply because I'm not hungry.

Of course when I do get hungry after being too busy to eat, watch out!
Madam De Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #34
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: gran to angels
WOE: Atkins
Hey there 2big! I have realized that I can no longer eat yogurt so maybe the cheese stall is a dairy thing. I wish I could pick you brain on these subjects! LOL!
gran to angels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:10 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Of course when I do get hungry after being too busy to eat, watch out!
Oh yeah......ummm...yeah, me too

Quote:
Hey there 2big! I have realized that I can no longer eat yogurt so maybe the cheese stall is a dairy thing. I wish I could pick you brain on these subjects! LOL!
I can't speak for 2Big but I'd bet that she'd be willing to answer any questions you have...right here in my journal. She's very helpful like that...and you're welcome to use my journal as a "meeting place"...pretend it's my kitchen...only cleaner

Pssst...it's not my official weigh in day but I just sneaked a peek at the scale and I'm down another smidge...starting weight was 210...today 203.2...this is cool...I am pretty much eating whatever I want and staying under 20 net carbs and I'm losing...WOOT!!!

Last edited by vernswifevickie; 09-18-2009 at 06:16 AM.. Reason: sneaked a peek at the scale!
Old 09-18-2009, 08:31 AM   #36
Big Yapper!!!!

Thanks Vickie

pick away Grans and if I get too technical let me know. I've had folk tell me "english please" when the science gets flowing when I 2BIG brain leak.
you do kniow the firest thing you do is stablize your eating and exercise with no new to you anything for a week at least and then you add back one item you want to test. you should remove an equal amount of cals fiber protein and carbs to that item and journal how you feel aftetr you eat it and as the day progresses. Dr Atkins said add a new to us food only 3 times the first week so you could do it that way too. if after a week you have no issue then do it daily if you want. if you have no bowel issues nor scale weight issues after 2 weeks you know that item isn't the issue and you can test the next one until you find what it is.

Have you tried controlling the ingredients in your yogurt bu making your own? it is easy all you need is a table spoon of real yogurt a quart of warm whole milk and you can use the container you bought it in. and a heating pad to keep the stuff warm while it reacts of rthe next 8-12 hours.

I like mine fattier so I take 1 cup of the milk out and add a cup of cream tot eh mix and let it react.
you can also do it with the hood stuff but since this is a chemical reaxction it would be better to use real milk cream and real yogurt no t the low carb stuff nor the already mixed sweetened stuff like ypplait.
Old 09-18-2009, 11:16 AM   #37
Senior LCF Member

Hey Vickie!! thanks for letting me spill my guts in your journal! LOL!! I'll clean my mess I promise! LOL!
Happy Friday! Boy it needed to be Friday!

Thanks 2big...most generous of you. I think my problems are much more that yogurt. I only started eating recently just to see if I could and I can't so to leave it alone is no big deal at all! And I will not eat any more.
Here it is.....I lost 70 pounds at KK....lost 3/4 of my hair and I would estimate about 1/2 of body muscle. Got wise...switched to a cycle of Atkins and protein Power to lose the rest....118 pounds in all. I could not get below 169-175 to save my life! That was it! no lower. So I did what most people do and started experimenting with low carb food that could replace the bad stuff. I started drinking Diet Rite soda (been off that for over 2 months now) added DaVinci syrup to my coffee (off that for 3 months) put Splenda in most other drinks or foods that needed to be sweet (off that for 2 months now). I tried upping fat, lowering fat, upping protein, lowering protein, tried only eggs, only chicken....got to close to the starvation KK way and went back to induction. Some days I feel I don't eat enough but.....in all of this I have added back 16 pounds that won't budge. No matter what there is a steady and slow rise on the scale. Even after stopping all the above... The only thing I have not tried yet is the Atkins Fat Fast and that is on my schedule for next pay day!
A typical day of eating for me is; a shake around 10:00 but this week I tried eating scrambled eggs, one day I added cream cheese. Lunch is usually a few ounces of carne asada meat, yesterday I added green beans and dinner is meat or chicken and a small salad with jicama, red peppers, tomato and avacado if I have it, dressing is ranch.
Now I know you are going to ask me if I exercise....hate it! but I know I have to do something so this week I started going for a walk...nothing big but at least something. I park far away from the stores I shop in and at my work parking lot so I have to walk farther and I take a quick walk at break at work (or I come here to say hi to Vickie!)
I'm a mess.
Oh ya...better add that I'm hypothroid and on meds and I take hormones for lack of uterus.
Thanks for looking at all this!

Last edited by gran to angels; 09-18-2009 at 11:24 AM..
Old 09-18-2009, 11:23 AM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Way to go on your loss to Vickie!!!
Old 09-18-2009, 11:28 AM   #39
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: CarolynF
Stats: 195/141/139
WOE: Eat Fat, Get Thin
Start Date: January 2001
Good going, Vickie...You will be in Onederland pretty soon..
CarolynF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 01:11 PM   #40
Big Yapper!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gran to angels View Post
Hey Vickie!! thanks for letting me spill my guts in your journal! LOL!! I'll clean my mess I promise! LOL!

Thanks 2big...most generous of you. I think my problems are much more that yogurt. I only started eating recently just to see if I could and I can't so to leave it alone is no big deal at all! And I will not eat any more.
Here it is.....I lost 70 pounds at KK....lost 3/4 of my hair and I would estimate about 1/2 of body muscle. Got wise...switched to a cycle of Atkins and protein Power to lose the rest....118 pounds in all. I could not get below 169-175 to save my life! That was it! no lower. So I did what most people do and started experimenting with low carb food that could replace the bad stuff. I started drinking Diet Rite soda (been off that for over 2 months now) added DaVinci syrup to my coffee (off that for 3 months) put Splenda in most other drinks or foods that needed to be sweet (off that for 2 months now). I tried upping fat, lowering fat, upping protein, lowering protein, tried only eggs, only chicken....got to close to the starvation KK way and went back to induction. Some days I feel I don't eat enough but.....in all of this I have added back 16 pounds that won't budge. No matter what there is a steady and slow rise on the scale. Even after stopping all the above... The only thing I have not tried yet is the Atkins Fat Fast and that is on my schedule for next pay day!
A typical day of eating for me is; a shake around 10:00 but this week I tried eating scrambled eggs, one day I added cream cheese. Lunch is usually a few ounces of carne asada meat, yesterday I added green beans and dinner is meat or chicken and a small salad with jicama, red peppers, tomato and avacado if I have it, dressing is ranch.
Now I know you are going to ask me if I exercise....hate it! but I know I have to do something so this week I started going for a walk...nothing big but at least something. I park far away from the stores I shop in and at my work parking lot so I have to walk farther and I take a quick walk at break at work (or I come here to say hi to Vickie!)
I'm a mess.
Oh ya...better add that I'm hypothroid and on meds and I take hormones for lack of uterus.
okay so I take hormones means female ones
I'm hypothyroid

SOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo
been checked since doing the low carb and the hormones with the free T4 and T3 cause the hormones can bind up the thyroid hormones making them show on a T4 test but not be body availible.

You have to rebuild your body from your ******* before you can lose weight which I hope you have done with your eating before you starterd your protein shake low carb low cal it looks.

and you need your thyroid meds optimized for you. if you are on Armour then you are in ofr a rough ride with the lack of it on the market right now.

Also if you are calcium low then your parathyroid will be cranking out a chemical to leech calcium from your bones to raise your blood calcium BUT that same chemical will do a number on your thyroid hormones slowing your metabolism too. that is where the milk your diet idea came from. fix the calcium issue shut of the para thyroid and the thyroid works better allowing body fat to be burned as the metabolism increases.

Good for you starting your exercise with soem free exercise.

so instead of fat fast I'd say see your doc for some blood work ask for a full thyroid panel and then go read the so your TSH is normal topic in the tyroid section of this board. nonstickpam has shared lots of thruth about thyroid function test restults and meds.

Now if you can't do dairy cause of a reaction to the food then you can't do cheese neither and you will need a new dietary calcium source.
Old 09-18-2009, 01:41 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

Thanks 2 big.....I take Levothyroxin not Armour....I've been reading about changing to a more natural form but like you said Armour is in short supply right now. I found a group on Yahoo called the Iodine group and they have been giving me tons of info on the connection to lack of iodine and thyroid damage...most of the are hashimoto's or have had thyroid cancer. Estratiol is the hormone replacement I'm on for lack of uterus and ovaries...they cleaned house!
I take calcium/magnesium/zinc combo and 2 additional magnesium daily on top of COQ10, multi, probiotics, Omega Fish oil, selenium, D, C, and kelp...I know it's a lot but this is all part of rebuilding my poor KK ravaged system.

I had my thyroid tested in June and all looked good according to my doc. I did find a place that works with you on Bio-identical but my insurance does not cover it and hubby's hours have been cut in half...no extra spending.

The protein shake in the mornings is purely out of being sick of thinking about food. I just grab one and drink it when I'm hungry...not really hungry....I'll drink it when my stomach growls.
I have not added any carbs back....well bad carbs....no fries or bread or refined sugar nothing...so it gets frustrating to the point that I'd rather not eat. Told you I was a mess.

I'm going to increase the walking...there is a bunch of ladies here at work that walk in the early morning break...I'm joining them. I have the exercise CD's at home and the Wii fit so....no excuse!

On the dairy....cheese is ok, I have not had any problems with it. The yogurt caused big problems! LOL!!

I'm gonna go find nonstickpam today as well! Thanks for that!

Thanks for all the advise!! I apprecite the knowledge you have!

Vickie....sorry to be a hog but I bet you are learning a ton too! This is great...you are a wondeful hostess!!
Old 09-18-2009, 04:48 PM   #42
Big Yapper!!!!

ask your doc for your tests and make sure your doc didn't order a TSH and say normal, her thyroid must be normal too! as TSH is a pituatary hormone.

did you know their is magnesium and iodine in your thyroid med too? I take itr so I had to check for soy in it and then just had to know what those big termes in it meant. the iodine is a patented mix used in betadine. makes one wonder why betadine is in ones pills doesn't it?
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM   #43
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Tanner
WOE: EFGT - Barry Groves
Start Date: 2009
Vickie - You are doing excellent - 5 lb loss wow - KUTGW.

Hi Gran - if you click on her ****** link at the bottom of her sig it will show what she has entered up to her last meal.

The weather is getting nice here so I will be doing some walking starting on Monday.. Im just going to chill this weekend.

Quote:
I get a break today too!! So I thought I'd spend it with you!
Men....gotta love 'cos you can't shoot them! LOL!!!
so what was your menu today?
Tanner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:06 AM   #44
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Vickie....sorry to be a hog but I bet you are learning a ton too! This is great...you are a wondeful hostess!!
Honest to goodness Gran, I am thrilled to have this discussion taking place here. I'm glad you feel comfortable to come here. I have missed the camaraderie of the forums. I have felt pretty disconnected from the rest of the LC world since KK...well, you know!

Carolyn...thanks for stopping in. It will be so good to be under 200 again....and hopefully this time to stay under!!

Tanner...Thanks for the thumbs up!!! I feel good...really good!

So it's Saturday morning and as of yesterday I have lost 7 pounds. I am eating basically whatever I want. I am having wonderful. healthy meals of good, natural foods. I do allow myself to indulge in some diet soda but I am avoiding all the low carb, processed "treats" ...in my mind those simply feed the addiction to *crap* foods.

Gone is the abdominal bloat, lethargy, and self loathing that comes with being completely out of control. I don't know if it works this way for others, but I find that when my eating is out of control, it tends to be a symptom of other areas in my life being out of control as well.

Yeah...I forgot how much I enjoyed this feeling of being set free from being a slave to my addictions!

Today is a big family BBQ to celebrate my Mom's B-Day. I am taking the coleslaw so I will make some that is LC for myself. My family loves the cloeslaw recipe with the Ramen noodles and the dressing made from the seasoning packet. I will make that for them but I will make a portion for myself without the noodles and sugary seasonings...I will use a simple oil and vinegar dressing. There will be grilled burgers so I'll be set! I might make a chocolate OMM with cream cheese to have when the B-day cake is served.
Old 09-19-2009, 08:47 AM   #45
Big Yapper!!!!

Good planning there. you might get some converts if you brought both slaws. I make a spicey slaw with hotsause instead of the vinegar and noticed my bowl was getting empty before the sugar dressing one last church dinner.

it is very induction atkins legal just 1 pound of shredded cabbages, I like to mix the red and green with 1/2 cup of healthy mayo mixed with 1/4 cup hotsauce of choice. If I'm the only one eating it I use 1/4 c of regular and 1/4th c of habenero hot sauce XXXX brand. when you get to OWl you can add carrots and other veggies too if you want. I did it with shredded jicama too.

Being a southern I have slaw on hand always since we have it on everything from BBQ to plates.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:33 PM   #46
Senior LCF Member

I had a great time at the BBQ...stayed on plan...whoohooo!!! I didn't "track" my food but here's what I ate...

I made the coleslaw. I used a bag of coleslaw mix...it has a few carrots but I used it anyway, some diced green onions, and a handful of sliced almonds. The dressing was olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, a dash of soy sauce and a tbs of mayo....Oh my goodness!!! It was so good...and I have leftovers!

and then there were the cupcakes! Oh yes...guilt free cupcakes!

Chocolate Flax Muffins

2 eggs
1/2 c flax meal
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp Stevia powder

Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese softened
2 tbs PB2 powdered peanut butter
1/8 tsp vanilla
stevia to taste.

Mix all of the first list of ingredients together until smooth.
Fill 6 muffin tins (sprayed with nonstick spray)
This will be enough batter to fill 6 muffin openings almost half full.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or so or until they are done.
Set asided to cool.

Mix all frosting ingredients together until it's the consistency of frosting.
At this point I put each cupcake in a paper cupcake liner before I frosted them.
Frost each cupcake with a portion of the frosting.

Makes 6 cupcakes at
180 calories
5 gms carb
2 gms fiber
3 gms net carb

and there we go!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BBQ plate.jpg (38.0 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg cupcake.jpg (53.2 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg cupcake1.jpg (57.2 KB, 3 views)
Old 09-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #47
Senior LCF Member

Thanks again 2big....I have not asked for the actual number from my thyroid tests....I'll call the office on Monday. No...I didn't know there was iodine and magnesium in my Levothyroxin!!! It makes sense that those ingredients would be there since the thyroid needs them but I did not know that. I wonder why there are some strange ingredients in our meds too....I'm trying to go as natural as possible!

Vickie....You are so sweet! I'm glad you started your journal too! I know what you mean by feeling disconnected.....yes I do! I'm also glad that you are doing so well!! You sound positive and your menus are inspirational! You did great for that BBQ! I'm trying yours and 2big's slaw! YUM! I'll stay away from those muffins for now....I'm afraid of them! LOL!!!
Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the tip Tanner!! You are always so darn helpful too!
Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 AM   #48
Big Yapper!!!!

good job there Vivkie.
I do have a question. if the cupcakes make 6 why does your ****** say .333 did you eat 2 of them?

also your protein is a tad low for your carbs and your weight so if you are feeling tired or hungry and remember hunger is more then just a growling tummy or a want for food, there is where I'd look. For thr last 4 days your protein has been that of a 176 pounder or even less.
Old 09-21-2009, 07:20 AM   #49
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2big4mysize View Post
good job there Vivkie.
I do have a question. if the cupcakes make 6 why does your ****** say .333 did you eat 2 of them?

also your protein is a tad low for your carbs and your weight so if you are feeling tired or hungry and remember hunger is more then just a growling tummy or a want for food, there is where I'd look. For thr last 4 days your protein has been that of a 176 pounder or even less.
I did eat 2 of them...they were tiny...LOL. Thanks for the tip on my protein. How much protein should I be aiming for?

So...tracking is much harder for me on the weekends...with all the running around and socializing. But I did manage to make my WOE fit into my lifestyle...something I have struggled with in the past. Saturday was the B-day party shindig. Sunday we ended up spontaneously stopping for breakfast at Denny's. I had eggs and sausage. Then we ended up going for pizza after church with some friends. I ate the toppings off of 2 slices of sausage/pepperoni pizza and made myself be content with it. I am pretty doggone proud of that fact. I have never succeeded in doing it before. I have always crumbled and ate the crust....this time I didn't!

all that being said...my weight is up slightly from a few days ago. Yesterday was a pretty salty day so I'm not concerned.
Weight this morning 204...still down 6 pounds in two weeks.
Old 09-21-2009, 10:38 AM   #50
Senior LCF Member

Hi Vickie! Happy Monday....I think....work is tough today.
You should be very proud of not eating the crust! Good job! I think weekends are a bit harder too and mostly for exactly what you said...things tend to be more on the run than during the work week! 6 pounds in 2 weeks is great!
How is that beautiful granddaughter of yours?
Old 09-21-2009, 10:39 AM   #51
Big Yapper!!!!

Congrats on eastting just the pizza. I can't understand why low carbers want to eat the disposable plate ( that would be the crust) the pizza places serve the good tasting pizza stuff on.

you protein needs will always be shifting as your weight and activities change but for a low carb plan you want about 1 gram of protein for each kilogram of body weight so divid your weight by 2.2 and aim for that much protein in grams. at 204 pounds you will need at least 91 grams. If you are hungry you will need more. this will allow your body to use dietary protein for growth repair and glucose needs thus keeping your lean tissues from being eatten as which happens on all low cal diets. thus eating good protein amounts will allow you to be losing body fat weight not lean scale weight
Old 09-21-2009, 06:04 PM   #52
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Congrats on eastting just the pizza. I can't understand why low carbers want to eat the disposable plate ( that would be the crust) the pizza places serve the good tasting pizza stuff on.

Vickie - you did so excellent! Outing are very hard to be good at!

I am not much of a pizza eater but this is what I make for dw about 1x a week. I vary what I put in it depending what I have on hand.

Crustless pizza casserole -

Start by coating your casserole dish with melted butter (not margarine)
Layer shredded mozzerella cheese with some yellow cheddar cheese - go up the sides some.

After that Layer:
Chopped onion (sweet yellow or white)
Green peppers - sliced thin and chopped
Sliced Grilled chicken (cut thin and layer the top)
Jumbo Black Olives (get them whole and quarter them.)
- Some more cheese
Sliced fresh mushrooms
- Some grated parmesean cheese
Herbes De Provence (an excellent spice)
Garlic
Chopped ham (very small)
Slice whole tomato - very thin layer over that.
- Some more cheddar and mozzerella cheese.

If you have aged sausage that is good if not add some pepperoni.
Dont worry that it looks too high - it will shrink down.
Sometimes I add fresh chopped jalepenos

Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes - the top will be golden brown.
Let set for 5-8 minutes - cut and serve with a large flat spoon or spatula.

This will keep you satisfied if you like cheese.

My next thing for me is to make Cleo's Oopsie - as I believe she has it perfected now by the looks of it.

Keep up the great work!

http://saynotokimkins.wordpress.com/

Discover whatz up w/the Heidi
http://tinyurl.com/2rlw5e
http://preview.tinyurl.com/2rlw5e
type guest - no password.

* Disclaimer -- they are charging big time for this now.. must be the economy?

Last edited by Tanner; 09-21-2009 at 06:06 PM..
Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM   #53
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:

I'm a mess.
There is a fairly new forum I discovered on here when looking at recent posts. (Just like I discoved this) It is Metabloism Miracle - listed under Other Plans. The book is Metabolism Miracle by Diane Kress a RD who had problems like you described. She said Dr. Atkins would have gone further into his research had he not suddenly died. The forum has a lot of info - also Google her. It is still LC, but a slightly different spin - especially for people who cannot lose weight. I bought her book and am giving it a try. I have been doing Atkins forever, but thought a slight change would help as I have been stalled for quite some time. I am not saying this is the way to go, but I think it bears looking at. The results for some of the members have been amazing. A new thread starts each week, but I would go back to some of the beginning ones to get a feel for it.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. It is soooooo hard, I know.

Aloha
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 02:19 PM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Seabreezes
Stats: 191/162/160
WOE: JUDDD let me lose 30 pounds and keep it off
Start Date: Seems like forever - restart June '11
Quote:
I had a great time at the BBQ...stayed on plan...whoohooo!!! I didn't "track" my food but here's what I ate...

I made the coleslaw. I used a bag of coleslaw mix...it has a few carrots but I used it anyway, some diced green onions, and a handful of sliced almonds. The dressing was olive oil, apple cider vinegar, garlic, salt, pepper, a dash of soy sauce and a tbs of mayo....Oh my goodness!!! It was so good...and I have leftovers!

and then there were the cupcakes! Oh yes...guilt free cupcakes!

Chocolate Flax Muffins

2 eggs
1/2 c flax meal
2 tbs cocoa powder
1/4 c heavy cream
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp Stevia powder

Frosting:
4 oz cream cheese softened
2 tbs PB2 powdered peanut butter
1/8 tsp vanilla
stevia to taste.

Mix all of the first list of ingredients together until smooth.
Fill 6 muffin tins (sprayed with nonstick spray)
This will be enough batter to fill 6 muffin openings almost half full.
Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or so or until they are done.
Set asided to cool.

I am off to make both items for dinner tonight!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

Aloha

Mix all frosting ingredients together until it's the consistency of frosting.
At this point I put each cupcake in a paper cupcake liner before I frosted them.
Frost each cupcake with a portion of the frosting.

Makes 6 cupcakes at
180 calories
5 gms carb
2 gms fiber
3 gms net carb

and there we go!
Thank you for sharing the recipes. They sound great - I am off to make them for this evening!!

Aloha
Seabreezes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 06:54 AM   #55
Senior LCF Member

Good morning...I am running late...no time to post. This week is the week before my sister and I go on retreat this weekend...Friday-Saturday-Sunday...and I am frantically trying to get it all done so I can go! I have been bad about tracking my foods but I HAVE been staying on plan...Yay for me!!!

My weight this morning is 203.8...down .4 since the last weigh in.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:50 AM   #56
Big Yapper!!!!

good job staying on plan

I hope you have planned for the food issues for the retreat so you know what will be availible and what you need to bring to stay on your WOE so all thoughts can be positive spiritual ones and not crap I'm blowing my diet ones.

And I'm sure you and your sister have discussed your new healthier eating so she will be more then willing to allow a little comadations in her menus for the week.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM   #57
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
good job staying on plan

I hope you have planned for the food issues for the retreat so you know what will be availible and what you need to bring to stay on your WOE so all thoughts can be positive spiritual ones and not crap I'm blowing my diet ones.

And I'm sure you and your sister have discussed your new healthier eating so she will be more then willing to allow a little comadations in her menus for the week.
Thanks 2big....the retreat has dining hall meals provided. It's a mountain retreat so no refrigeration available to "retreatees" however when I was there a couple of years ago the food was such that one could stay low carb with what was offered. It's buffet style dining and I remember being able to stay low carb. There's also a small store where I can buy something if one of the meals is just out of the question.
My sister and I are planning to take some low carb snack foods as well. Only "finger foods" are allowed in the cabins so we're thinking some nuts, pork rinds, etc. I told my sister that if I splurge at all, it will be on fresh fruit and not on refined crap.
Old 09-23-2009, 04:54 PM   #58
Big Yapper!!!!

be careful with the fruit as even though fruit sugars are natural they can still do a job on your blood sugar levles craving control and even fat creation. be sure to eat your fruit plurge with a high fat snack too so your blood sugar stays stable
Old 09-27-2009, 03:19 PM   #59
Senior LCF Member

I'm home!!! I did really well with my eating while away!!! Yay for me!!!

Friday night was a taco/fajita buffett so I had a salad with some grilled chicken and carne asada beef on top, with salsa and a dollop of sour cream.

Saturday breakfast was scrambled eggs and sausage
Lunch was cold cuts for sanwiches so I had lettuce wraps with roast beef and pepper jack and swiss cheese.
Dinner was grilled chicken, beef and pork with steamed broccoli/cauliflower, and a salad bar.

This morning was slim pickens...being pancake morning...so I had a bowl of oatmeal. I put butter in it to help stablize the blood sugar effect.

Tonight late lunch/early dinner is in the oven right now, roasted chicken thighs and steamed cauliflower...and a spinach salad.
Old 09-27-2009, 03:48 PM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Wow - You did excellent Vickie!

Quote:
I'm home!!! I did really well with my eating while away!!! Yay for me!!!
Tonight late lunch/early dinner is in the oven right now, roasted chicken thighs and steamed cauliflower...and a spinach salad.