Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-16-2009, 05:00 AM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: dixiegal
WOE: LC JUDDD 1981/396
Start Date: 7/7/14 JUDDD
embrace the journey

I decided it was time to start my own journal. I wont be adding any menus at this time since right now my diet is pretty basic. I measure out 3 cups of veggies each morning and weigh 3 oz of cheese. I don't measure meat,eggs or fat.Through the day I eat when hungry and stop when I feel the hunger has stopped, sometimes it might be a bite or 2, sometimes a small meal.
Somedays I may eat 3 x, somedays up to 5 x. I'm training myself to listen to my body and to eat only when hungry.

I added CO to my diet on 6/6/09
One 7/10/09 I added cla/gla, I found that I couldn't handle the larger doses many take here as it caused my heart to race so for now Im taking cla 3 x a day and gla 110 mgs 3 x day
On 7/14/09 I added CoQ10 60 mg a day dropper form

Now the hard part... numbers

7/10 /09
219.2 lbs
above chest 43.5
chest 48-1/4
below chest 41
waist 44
belly button 51.5
hips 52
thigh 26.5

Body fat 50.6%
Hydration 36.0%
Bone 5.4
BMI 38.8

7/10/09 started 30 minutes of wii fit each day
1 mile walk in 15 minutes each day

7/16/09 I couldn't stand waiting another day
216.6 lbs
above chest 43.5 -0
chest 47.5 -1-1/4
below chest 40-3/4 -1/4
waist 42 -2
belly button 50-1/4 -1-1/4
hips 51-1/4 -3/4
thigh 26-1/4 - 1/4

Body Fat 50.2 %
Hydration 36.3
Bone 5.2
BMI 38.4

Weight loss 2.6 lbs
Inches loss 5- 3/4

Body Fat down 0.40%
Hydration up 0.30 %
BMI down 0.40 %

" The space between hunger and eating, where you make the choice you want isn't empty. It's filled with awareness."

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-16-2009 at 05:21 AM..
dixiegal is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2009, 04:40 AM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was a challenge. All afternoon I had just an overwhelming urge to eat. It wasn't that I was hungry, I was a bit depressed and I always turn to food when Im feeling down.

I ended up snacking on some coconut bark which helped and hitting the bed early.

Today is better so far. I got the house cleaned, Iv been using cleaning as sort of a mini workout. Making sure I work fast and use lots of trips back and forth to get my heart rate up. I try to tighten my tummy while doing vacuuming,sweeping,dusting ect. I have noticed since doing this instead of being tired after cleaning I have a burst of energy when done! Plus I figure its moving and moving is better than sitting
Plus instead of dragging a dreaded job out I'm done in record time.
Old 07-18-2009, 05:10 AM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday was a good day. I'm starting to feel my energy level pick up, which with fibrosis not an easy task! I am having problems sleeping though. I can get to sleep just fine but I wake up every few hours. I'm not sure if its just fibro insomnia or if it has something to do with the supplements I'm taking to boast my metabolism. Either way I don't mind too much having energy during the day is worth it.

I got in 35 minutes of wii. At this point I'm just doing 1 rep of all the strength and yoga exercises and the step 3x and hula hoop 2x. My balance is awful and I feel a bit of improvement so far. Walked to do the farm work ( I usually take the 4 wheeler because there's a lot of up and down hills ) Speed cleaned the house.

Went went out for mexican last night and I stayed on track. The hardest part was avoiding the chips and salsa. I Ended up dipping the chips in and just using the chips as a spoon, it was enough to give me the salty taste of the chips and seemed to work.

Today is my gd's birthday so we are going to a bbq party. Its should be easy to stay on track if I can resist the cake. I love bd cakes! So wish me luck.
Old 07-19-2009, 07:12 AM   #4
Major LCF Poster!

Had a wonderful time at gd's bd party. No cheats! We ordered pizza last night and both of us just ate the toppings. Dh's blood sugar is really doing great. Monday he has to go out of town for a few days on a job so today I'm making a trip to the store to make sure he has plenty of legal things to snack on.

Last nigh was the worst so far for sleeping. I woke up every hour it seemed so thirsty and having to pee. I've been doing that for a few days now. I can't seem to quench my thirst. In the mornings my mouth is so dry its almost painful. I put a gallon water jug on my dresser last night before bed and drank a half gallon during the night and still woke up with a dry mouth. I swear my tastes buds on my tongue felt sharp they where so dry.

Got about 45 minutes on the wii yesterday, the exercises are getting a bit harder now but I'm enjoying them. Still using the ab lounger each morning too. Didn't get a walk in though.

I woke up almost 3 hours later than I normally do and was very weak and shaking. I'm starting to revive a bit now, but haven't got any work done yet. Besides using my face master and brushing my teeth,lol.

So I better get started with my day.

No new losses yet but I'm trying to to obsess about it. This is by far the slowest I have ever lost on Atkins.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-19-2009 at 07:14 AM..
Old 07-19-2009, 07:56 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Luvabeach
Stats: 205/182/150
WOE: Atkins / VLC /Calorie Restriction
Start Date: June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegal View Post
Last night was the worst so far for sleeping. I woke up every hour it seemed so thirsty and having to pee. I've been doing that for a few days now. I can't seem to quench my thirst. In the mornings my mouth is so dry its almost painful. I put a gallon water jug on my dresser last night before bed and drank a half gallon during the night and still woke up with a dry mouth. I swear my tastes buds on my tongue felt sharp they where so dry.
With the exception of waking every hour, you are describing exactly what I have been experiencing the past few weeks. I think it is ketosis. This means what you are doing is working!

Quote:
No new losses yet but I'm trying to to obsess about it. This is by far the slowest I have ever lost on Atkins.
It's hard not to obsess. Again, we are in the same situation. This is my second time around and my loss is slower, too. Don't let this derail you! Hang in there and persist, you know it works.
Luvabeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 09:59 AM   #6
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvabeach View Post
With the exception of waking every hour, you are describing exactly what I have been experiencing the past few weeks. I think it is ketosis. This means what you are doing is working!

It's hard not to obsess. Again, we are in the same situation. This is my second time around and my loss is slower, too. Don't let this derail you! Hang in there and persist, you know it works.
Thank you for the words of encouragement.
I think alot of the waking up is ketosis. I have been in it since about the 4th steady. It's weird though how I wake up, it's not gradual its just like one second I'm asleep then BAM! I'm awake. I do go right back out after drinking some water and visiting the bathroom.

I feel a lot better about the no loss since I'm taking measurements and seeing myself shrink even though the scales not moving. Are you measuring too?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:13 PM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I feel a lot better about the no loss since I'm taking measurements and seeing myself shrink even though the scales not moving. Are you measuring too?
Not measuring... didn't 6 years ago, either. (Lazy) I feel like I can judge well by how my clothes fit. Even though I've only lost 9 lbs., I do see a difference. Less belly, I think, and face looks less puffy.

One day at a time... and one pound at a time...
Old 07-19-2009, 02:33 PM   #8
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
One day at a time... and one pound at a time...
Yup but I sure wish I could lose it as fast as I gained it
Old 07-19-2009, 02:37 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Lessons learned in my journey # 1

No matter how much of an exercise high you have, no matter how nice and cool it feels outside and how much you are enjoying your walk, no matter how small the mountain is....that second trip up the mountain is a mistake! Going to soak in the tub now.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:43 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Well I really kicked up my fibro with that little mountain stunt yesterday. I don't know why I can never seem to accept my limitations. You would think after all these years it would sink into my head. My ribs and spine are inflamed and very painful this morning. It'll be hard to eat right till the ribs get better because swallowing is painful when they get this way.

I can't put any weight on my feet without spasms so I'll be taking it easy today. Maybe a light walk on level ground to help work out some of the stiffness. My sister stayed over last night and offered to take care of the farm this morning so I wouldn't have to do any heavy lifting, bless her.

Other that that it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day, low 80s less humid. Dh is on his way out of town, loaded up with legal foods. I'm glad it's only for a few days though time always creeps by slowly when he's gone. The one and only upside is I don't have to cook. Last night we grilled burgers and I had him cook up a few extra. We also cooked turnip greens, boiled cabbage and coleslaw. There's plenty left over so if I don't want to cook anything I can just get by on that.

Still no weight loss showing, in fact the last few days I'm back at 217. Since I've been cheat free I'm thinking it's maybe from the exercise. If it's still there on weigh in day I'll count it.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-20-2009 at 03:45 AM..
Old 07-20-2009, 12:14 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Well I didn't get regular exercise in today but I did keep moving. Cleaned out dressers and closets, swept, mopped, dusted house, cleaned windows etc.

Have had a hard time with food today, just don't feel like eating feels like I have a lump in my throat. I've been drinking low carb shakes, not the best option I know but it's something on the stomach anyway.

With dh gone and no need to cook I plan on a long soak in the tub and bed early with a good book, then watching Dance Your A$$ Off. I love that show. Tomorrow will be better.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:21 PM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

Better to get it off my chest and be over it

I was on the computer earlier looking up BMI calculators. My sister ( the one who just had WLS) was watching over my shoulder. She saw my BMI was in the 138 range. Then she smugly said hers was that high before her surgery, she couldn't believe she was ever that disgusting and how sickening it is for anyone to be that fat. HELLO? I'm sitting right here! I just don't understand why some people have to hurt others to make themselves feel better. I know I'm obese but I don't think I'm disgusting, I don't think anyone with a weight problem is disgusting let alone thinking my sister was.

OK I got it out now I can just let it go.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-20-2009 at 12:22 PM..
Old 07-20-2009, 03:38 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I was on the computer earlier looking up BMI calculators. My sister ( the one who just had WLS) was watching over my shoulder. She saw my BMI was in the 138 range. Then she smugly said hers was that high before her surgery, she couldn't believe she was ever that disgusting and how sickening it is for anyone to be that fat. HELLO? I'm sitting right here! I just don't understand why some people have to hurt others to make themselves feel better. I know I'm obese but I don't think I'm disgusting, I don't think anyone with a weight problem is disgusting let alone thinking my sister was.

OK I got it out now I can just let it go.
For some reason, family tends to hurt us the most sometimes. Weight gain happens, people slip... she is not immune, either. You're doing your WL the natural way. Kudos... and hope you're feeling better
Old 07-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

I don't get it. yesterday I did everything wrong. I didn't exercise,didn't do any farm work, didn't eat right. I had a mt dew. I figured I dt dew was the lesser of two evils. I wanted something cool and sweet on my throat. I skipped breakfast and lunch and had low carb shakes instead. Ended up having 1-1/2 burgers covered with low carb catsup and coleslaw for a late supper, drank 4 sf koolaids. This morning I'm showing 215.2 on the scales. Still in ketosis. Hoping I still have the loss on Thurs when I record my stats.

Slept like a log all night, which was nice. Went out about 10 and didn't move until 5 this morning.

My feet feel somewhat better but my ribs are still bad and my throat.Still a bit hard to walk so I may take another day off from exercise. I'll try to eat better today.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-21-2009 at 04:21 AM..
Old 07-21-2009, 12:21 PM   #15
Major LCF Poster!

I have a lot of time on my hands today

and I'm just thinking out loud. Lately I've been thinking a lot about how I should be more in tune with my body and eat when I'm truly hungry, not just because its time to eat.

I posted last week about watching young kids eat and how they go some days without much food at all, and others they can't seem to get full. I believe it's because they don't have emotional attachments to food yet but eat when their body needs fuel.

Today I was reading the one meal a days threads and remembered when I was in my 20's and got in a habit of eating a huge breakfast and didn't feel the need to eat anymore during the day, I dropped a lot of weight and felt great even with fibro.

Most day's I have been trying really hard to eat lots of small meals and I don't like eating that way. I have been doing it because I read so many times that it's the way we should eat to fire up our metabolism, but I always feel like I'm force feeding myself. I have never had a big appetite to begin with. I just eat because it's time to eat.

So the next few days I'm letting my body decide. When I truly hungry I'll eat, I won't starve myself and force my body to adjust to less food, I'll just let it set the pace by listening. No more watching the clock and telling myself it's meal time. I want to see how my body reacts to this way of eating.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-21-2009 at 12:23 PM..
Old 07-21-2009, 04:56 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
and I'm just thinking out loud. Lately I've been thinking a lot about how I should be more in tune with my body and eat when I'm truly hungry, not just because its time to eat.

I posted last week about watching young kids eat and how they go some days without much food at all, and others they can't seem to get full. I believe it's because they don't have emotional attachments to food yet but eat when their body needs fuel.

Today I was reading the one meal a days threads and remembered when I was in my 20's and got in a habit of eating a huge breakfast and didn't feel the need to eat anymore during the day, I dropped a lot of weight and felt great even with fibro.

Most day's I have been trying really hard to eat lots of small meals and I don't like eating that way. I have been doing it because I read so many times that it's the way we should eat to fire up our metabolism, but I always feel like I'm force feeding myself. I have never had a big appetite to begin with. I just eat because it's time to eat.

So the next few days I'm letting my body decide. When I truly hungry I'll eat, I won't starve myself and force my body to adjust to less food, I'll just let it set the pace by listening. No more watching the clock and telling myself it's meal time. I want to see how my body reacts to this way of eating.
Great observation! Nothing wrong with thinking out loud! You are so right about emotional attachments to food... I think this is the culprit for so many of us. Boredom is my biggest trigger. But when I'm following plan and have no cravings, it's so much easier.

I've read some of the one meal a day threads, too. I could never do it. I might be able to cut one meal and snacks, but I could never exist on just one meal a day. I've had sporatic issues with hypoglycemia since I was a child. If I don't eat in the morning, I am setting myself up for an episode. And honestly, I'm never really hungry in the morning. I just know I have to eat something, anything, before I start my work day.

Listening to our bodies - not eating if we're not hungry, and stopping when full - is exactly what the good Dr. spoke about. Eating to live, not living to eat.
Journal
My ******
"Missteps are part of any process. Stay focused on where you are headed.
Make this the day you stop dreaming and start doing."
-Terri Trespicio
Old 07-22-2009, 05:39 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Great observation! Nothing wrong with thinking out loud! You are so right about emotional attachments to food... I think this is the culprit for so many of us. Boredom is my biggest trigger. But when I'm following plan and have no cravings, it's so much easier.

I've read some of the one meal a day threads, too. I could never do it. I might be able to cut one meal and snacks, but I could never exist on just one meal a day. I've had sporatic issues with hypoglycemia since I was a child. If I don't eat in the morning, I am setting myself up for an episode. And honestly, I'm never really hungry in the morning. I just know I have to eat something, anything, before I start my work day.

Listening to our bodies - not eating if we're not hungry, and stopping when full - is exactly what the good Dr. spoke about. Eating to live, not living to eat.

Yesterday was a nice relief for me, I didn't worry about the clock or eating times. I just ate when I felt hunger. I'm sure it will take awhile to get used to doing this but I had been forcing myself to go to the fridge and eat for weeks. I hated opening the fridge door,lol. It feels better this way to me, so I'm going to see where it takes me.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Tomorrow is weigh in/measurement day and I'm nervous. I'm retaining fluid and don't expect to see any change in my weight. I don't feel any smaller, my cloths fitting the same. I have been drinking water like crazy today trying to get the extra fluid off. I just wish I could see a little drop in weight, just something to let me know all the hard work is doing something. I know I shouldn't worry about the scale but 6 lbs in 3 weeks is a bit discouraging.
Old 07-22-2009, 04:46 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
I know I shouldn't worry about the scale but 6 lbs in 3 weeks is a bit discouraging.
Don't be discouraged... I think your body just needs to adjust a bit. Another board member posted to me that more is going on besides the results on the scale. She is right, our bodies are adapting to the change in eating habits.

I have been faithful to induction since June 26 and have only lost 10 lbs. I would have like to have lost more (like the first time around), but I am still pleased that my persistance and commitment has paid off.

Are you taking any supplements? I think they make a difference for me... I take a good multivitamin, green tea, CLA, chromium picolinate, and CoQ10. I'm also going to pick up some L-Carnitine next week and restart it. I took it faithfully 6 years ago, and I really think it helps. DANDR has a whole chapter devoted to supplements... a good read!

Hang in there, we can do this!
Old 07-22-2009, 04:56 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

yes I take loads of supplements

acai berry
cranberry
b complex
c
acidophilus
milk thistle
grape seed extract
colostrum
cinnamon
ginger root
astragalus
olive leaf
garlic
cla/gla
d3 drops
coq10
tart cherry
coconut oil capsules

Some I take for the antioxidant's, some for my immune system, some for fibro symptoms
Old 07-23-2009, 05:03 AM   #21
Major LCF Poster!

It's measurement time!

Still a bit bloated feeling but taking them anyway.

7/23/09
114.2 lbs -1.80 lb
grand total since starting -7.80

above chest 43 -1/2
chest 47.5 N/A
below chest 40 -3/4
waist 42.5 + 1/2
belly button 48 -2- 1/4
hips 51.5 -1/4
thigh 26 -1/4

total inches this week 3- 1/2
grand total 9-1/4

Body fat 50% -20
Hydration 36.5% +.20
bone 5.2 lbs N/A
BMI 38.1 -.30

grand total
+.20

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-23-2009 at 05:11 AM..
Old 07-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #22
Major LCF Poster!

Eating less each day and so far feeling great. Of course one the days when my body wants more I'll give it more. I have no plans on starving myself.

I'm still pondering the whole idea of less meals. Almost everything we read tells us to eat more food to stoke the fire and speed our body metabolism up. But where did the idea come from? Is it the same ones that tell us more carbs, less fat?

But what if the simple truth is.. some of us have slow metabolisms our body does not need the same amount of meals or food as people with normal metabolisms. It makes sense to me. If I'm forcing myself to each 3,4 or even 5 meals a day and my body can't handle it how can that be any better?

I have to have faith that my body knows what it needs and all I have to do is listen. I know myself when it was my tom I have starving, couldn't seem to get full, and wanted to pick all day, thinking about it my body must need extra calories at the time to get it through, As soon as it was over my appetite went right back done to what was normal for me. When I started going through perimenopause I seemed to want to eat even less but was always telling myself its time to eat you need food. They say women naturally gain when they get older and its harder to keep off, why? Because our metabolism slows down as we age. So why keep feeding our body food it can't burn off, and it doesn't want or need?
Old 07-24-2009, 12:43 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Bad day...really bad day, hormones are raging, mood swings. I really hate perimenopause when it gets bad like this.. last night I couldn't sleep for hot flashes, I about froze my poor dh to death.... all day I have gone from wanting to just find somewhere to hide and cry my eyes out to wanting to hit something. I'm so bloated nothing is comfortable so I'm feeling extra fat. The one good thing is in the past when I have gotten this way I have turned to food for comfort and binged pretty much until it passed. Today I have no desire to pig out, I'm having a hard time just getting water in.

Breakfast was some cheese. I just wasn't hungry but needed something so I could take my meds. Lunch was a homemade taco salad. Dh wants Mexican for supper but I just don't feel like it, on the other hand I feel like cooking even less so we'll go and I'll pick at it a bit and bring the rest home for tomorrow. I just hate going out on fat/bloated days.
Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

Today was a great day, busy but great. Tow of my gd's where flowers girls in thier uncles wedding so I made them dresses. Spent most of the day getting them ready, making ribbins and baskets and doing thier hair.
[/IMG] [/IMG]
As you can see the oldest wasnt happy,lol.
[/IMG] ]IMG_7389 pictures from kids photos on webshots[/URL]

[IMG] [/IMG]

After we got them off to the wedding we went out to dinner with our other kids, stuffed ourselves and had a great time. I should be out walking supper off but I'm just too tired. I'll work extra hard tomorrow
Old 07-25-2009, 07:04 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

I am a bit worried about how much I ate tonight. I haven't overate since I restarted atkins. I did stay low carb though so hopefully I wont have gained anything back. Its definitely not worth doing I feel so stuffed. Its not a nice feeling.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:26 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Your GDs are as cute as can be! Nice job on their dresses!
Old 07-28-2009, 04:06 AM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Scale showed 213 this morning!!! Hope it's still here on weigh in day.

Going to give egg creams a try today, figure its gotta be better for you than slim fast lc shakes which I like in the mornings.

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-28-2009 at 04:10 AM..
Old 07-28-2009, 12:52 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

got my 45 minutes in on wii, then ended up playing on it another 15 minutes with Gd's
I'm also trying my hand at blogging. I like the idea that can can make lists in there and not take up space on the board. I dont have to feel bad about rambling on and on about nothing,lol

I like working by lists because it lets me race with myself and I get more done
Old 07-29-2009, 03:20 AM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

Scale showed 212 this morning!!!
Old 07-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Since weigh in for bringing sexy back is on Tuesdays I decided to weigh in early this week so I can be at almost a week next Tuesday so here goes. I did weigh yesterday and was at 213.5 so I dropped a bit overnight

7/29/09
212.8 lbs -1.40 lb
grand total since starting - 9.20

above chest 42 - 1
chest 47.25 -1/4
below chest 39.75 -1/4
waist 42 - 1/2
belly button 47.50 -1/2
hips 51 -1/2
thigh 25.75 -1/2

total inches this week 3- 1/2
grand total 12-3/4

Body fat 50.8 % +.80
Hydration 35.9% .60
bone 5.2 lbs N/A
BMI 37.7 -.40

grand total

Body Fat +.20
Hydration-.10
Bone -.20
BMI -.1.10

I'm shrinking!!!!

Last edited by dixiegal; 07-29-2009 at 04:09 AM..