Old 07-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #1
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: lalala
Stats: 183/127/135 at 5'8"
WOE: the foods i love!! :P
Start Date: Feb 2009
"Energy and Persistence Conquer All Things"....lalala's journey to goal

So I've decided to finally start a journal

I began getting serious with low carbing when I got back from vacation the first week of February this year. I was sick of dieting for so long and not losing, while also feeling like crap because of my food choices. So I did something about it. I started off at 183 (although I believe a year before that I got as high as 187???) and since February I've lost 28 lbs.

I'm currently 155 lbs at 5'8". I believe I have a medium-ish build. I have no clue as to how low in weight my body will allow me to go but I'm just going with it and hoping and praying to see a smaller number each day.

Other info: I'm 26 years old, I live in San Francisco and I love it here, I have a fabulous boyfriend that is my life, and I spend way too much time on this website

I just started to exercise again more seriously so hopefully that will contribute more to my weight loss efforts while it's definitely a good move in regards to my overall health.

That's it for now...I'll be documenting my daily food intake, exercise habits, my activities and all of my whining here so please come often!!
lalala is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

HAPPY 4th of JULY!!!

I don't really have big plans today. I'll be going to my boyfriends house in a bit to pack some stuff up and take off on our bikes to the park for a picnic. We'll spend a couple hours there and then head over to the Embarcadero for a fireworks show. I was debating on whether or not to go to the gym, but I think it's too late now since I should be heading out the door within an hour and a half, plus we'll be riding a lot today.

As for food, I really really want a Chipotle Burrito Bol today, but I fear that they may not be open I don't know what I'll eat if they aren't open because I've been wanting to eat there all week, and it'll just suck if they're closed!!

B: 3 eggs w/ mayo and several cuts off a colby jack cheese block

the rest of my meals is up in the air....but pray I get Chipotle

Lastly, I won't be updating this evening because I'll be staying at my boyfriends house tonight. Have a fun, safe day and enjoy the holiday
Old 07-05-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Well, I'm back home this evening, after a not so eventful 4th. So we ended up not going on the picnic at the park yesterday because it was cold, I had bad allergies, and most importantly...chipotle was closed

We ended up riding around town for a while, then we stopped at the mall and a coffee shop, then finally just rode back to my boyfriends house.

Food for the day was the egg salad I listed in the previous post for breakfast.
1.5 oz bag almonds
I made a large salad for dinner w/ lettuce, tomato, cucumber, onion, chicken, colby jack cheese and ranch but only ate like 2/3 of it.

Today, I woke up and went grocery shopping for him then went back and cooked him food for the week. Then I left his place and headed home. I just got done eating so my only plans for the rest of the evening is to watch a movie

Food for the day was:
Other 1/3 of salad from last night
persian cucumber w/ salt
3 pickles
couple bites of chicken thigh
persian cucumber w/ salt
cheese stick
huge salad made of lettuce, tomato, persian cucumber, colby jack cheese, onion, chicken and ranch dressing.

Overall, this was probably one of my boring weekends.
The plan for tomorrow is to run lots of errands, go grocery shopping for myself, do my take-home exam, and clean my room And I'll definitely be eating at Chipotle at some point in the day!
Old 07-07-2009, 01:53 PM   #4
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

So yesterday I ended up just running errands and bumming around after taking my exam. Food for the day was all over the place, especially since I didn't get to bed until 3:30 and I woke up at 7 am

Food was:
3 turkey breakfast sausages w/ 2 eggs cooked in olive oil
persian cucumber
cheese stick
americano w/ half and half
Chipotle chicken burrito bol
1 CUP of guacamole (I ate too much)
2 cheese sticks

on top of that I drank 32 oz diet pepsi big gulp, 1 L lipton diet green tea, and a 20 oz sf blueberry drink I had so much caffeine, no wonder I couldn't get to sleep

So far today I've had:

can of tongol tuna w/ mayo (like 3 tbsp maybe?)

I'll be going to the gym in a bit then to whole foods to hit up the salad bar. I also am dying for some almond butter so I'll just grind a bit of my own while there as opposed to purchasing a jar that'll be done in a few days unfortunately it's one of those foods I still lack control over.

Other than that, the plan is to clean this evening and go over class notes a bit and try to get to bed early to possibly hit the gym before class in the morning. I'm still struggling with doing my hair at those times though because I don't have enough time to wash it and dry it so I haven't been washing it when I go to the gym that early so then I feel like I have gross ugly hair all day Sometimes it sucks being a girl. Whatever, I'll figure it out.

Off to the gym.........
Old 07-07-2009, 01:54 PM   #5
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Also, my weight is stuck at 155......ughhhh.

I would LOVE to be 150 by the end of July. Please pray fore me
Old 07-07-2009, 09:06 PM   #6
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

So I went to the gym earlier. I did 3 miles on the elliptical and then 2.75 miles on the treadmill. It was great!!

Although, it is really frustrating getting started every time I walk in because I'm reminded of the fact that my fitness level has increased drastically. I used to work out regularly until this last semester hit and I had no time and no motivation. So as I've gotten back into the groove of going to the gym within the past couple weeks, it's annoying that I used to be able to set a resistance of 11 on the elliptical, and now I can only go as high as 6. What's up with that? I know it'll take time to build up to that level again, it's just mildly frustrating but, that too will pass.

Once I got done at the gym, I was starving considering that I ate breakfast at 10 and it was 4:30 already and all I had in between was a 20 oz. Diet Mt. Dew and lots of water. So I jumped on the train to Whole Foods. I got some groceries that I needed, and I ground up some of my own almond butter to eat for dessert after my meal....sooooooooo good.

For food, I ended up getting a chicken curry (ingredients were chicken thighs, stewed tomatoes, curry powder, olive oil, salt and pepper). I got a half a thigh and a bunch of tomatoes. It was actually really really good. I also wend to their little burrito making area and got some plain chicken breast and topped it with lots of guacamole , salsa and sour cream. YUM!! and I can never pass up the marinated artichoke heart quarters. They are fabulous so I got 4 pieces of that and I'm stuffed!! I ate it all, then I sat there with a spoon and ate my almond butter and I was officially happy for the day

If I get hungry later, I purchased a single serving of fage that I can eat.

Also, while walking through the bulk section, I saw some chia seeds. Nutritionally, I've heard fabulous things about this product so I really wanted to try it. I bagged up about a tablespoon of it (it cost me 4 cents for this ) so whenever I eat that fage I"ll be trying it with these chia seeds to see what all this hype is about.

Then I made a run over to Trader Joe's. I purchased a container of grape tomatoes, a bag of shredded cabbage, a brick of colby jack cheese, eggs, and some mayo.

I got home put my stuff away, painted my nails, took a shower and now I'm about to pick a movie to watch. My life is good
Old 07-08-2009, 09:58 AM   #7
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

So last night I was starving at around 11:45 so I decided to mix my tbsp of chia seeds into my fage yogurt and wait 10 min. Then I added in a couple tsp of lemon juice and some equal. It tasted pretty good. The chia seeds definitely made the yogurt more thick and creamy. The irritated my stomach a bit so I won't be buying them again, but they did fill me up although I was dying of thirst all night possibly as a result.

I woke up to a 1 lb weight loss which was exciting

Food for the day:
I just ate some cheese, 3 turkey breakfast sausages, and 2 eggs cooked in olive oil.
I'm also de-frosting some ribeye steak for later.

I'm off to class now....
Old 07-08-2009, 02:28 PM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Ummm I came here for pics and there are no pics!!!

Also I wanted to say... I was in San Fran last week! I must have completely forgot you live there, otherwise I would have insisted we meet! I stayed in the China Town/North Beach/Russian Hill area but walked around everywhere. My shins were sooo sore by the end!!! Those crazy hills! I liked SF but it seemed liike there were lots of homeless people. Haight Ashbury was so trashy!!! I expected it to be hippy and down to earth but instead it was like young hooligans-ish doing drug deals behind bushes in golden gate park. Haha I went to Sonoma too and it was fabulous. Just thought I'd let you know!

Now Dr. Samantha42, thanks to this website.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:12 PM   #9
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

hey!!! it's nice to have a guest in here since it just feels like I'm talking to a wall

Well, I took some pics over the weekend and none of them turned out because I don't know how to set my camera to like a 10 second delay so I can stand there and pose. So instead I stood in front of my mirror, but all you see is a huge light because I don't know how to turn off the flash. So the plan was to have my boyfriend take some this weekend, but I'm bloated like a mofo this week, so hopefully by the weekend it won't be so bad.

And ya, you should have totally contacted me. I actually sent you an email a while ago to the address you pm'ed me with but I never received a response. I wasn't sure if you even got it or possibly because you have been so busy lately. Anyways, I think I've gotten so used to the crazies here that I don't even notice them anymore. So when an out of towner comes to visit me and their shocked, I have to remind myself that SF is very different and unique to other cities.

And those hills...great exercise. I go riding by bike and walking up and down those hills often and it is a great workout!!!

Speaking of, I went to the gym today and did 5 miles on the treadmill. Now I'm home and I'm beat. I've got lots of reading to do so I need to get on that also. I'm frustrated because my sleeping patterns have been so off lately. I've only been getting 4-5 hours of sleep per night and considering I'm more active now than before, I feel like I need at least 6.5 to feel well.
I may try to take a nap but that never works out for me so I don't know if I'll even try.

As for food:
after breakfast I had a 20oz Diet Dr.Pepper
lunch: (starving at this point...) 1/2 a fatty ribeye w/ a large salad made of butter lettuce, 2 persian cucumbers, grape tomatoes, colby jack cheese, and ranch dressing.

Anyone have any good suggestions for a novel to read?
Old 07-08-2009, 06:35 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Samantha42
Stats: 205/144.6/150 5'5" 30y/o
WOE: Mod Carb/Paleo/IF
Cr&P!!! That email!!! I totally read it but knew I had so much to write back that I "put it on hold". Look how that turned out, naturally! For some reason I thought I sorta responded on a post here thanking you... but now I can't remember. In any case, thank you for everything you wrote! I really appreciated it even though I couldn't muster up the energy to hit reply

BIKING THOSE HILLS?!?!?! I was terrified just driving around in my rental car! And omg you have no idea how pissed i am that i didnt come see you!!!! I think I thought it was someone else from San Fran. It would have been perfect as I was travelling with a friend but she has 2 good friends in San Fran that I had never met before so I spent 2 days with a group of 3 girls who all studied together abroad in Spain... and I was like blahblahblah new subject. I could have totally escaped!!!

AnYWAY. Do you ever come to chicago? AND GO YOU ON 5 miles!!!! You are a rockstar. And I don't care how bloated you are, take pics... that way your before and afters will look more dramatic.
Samantha42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #11
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Nah, don't worry about it. I just wanted to make sure you received it because I wasn't sure if I sent it to the right address (you know, sometimes I'm dumb like that )

Yes, a lot of the times I end up pushing my bike up the hills while my boyfriend reminds me that I'd be able to ride up them if I put my feet in the clips on my bike. I'm too scared to have my feet locked in though because in the event I fall, I want to try to be able to catch myself as opposed to tipping over.

And ya, that would've been tons of fun. Sadly, since I've been in SF all my girl friends have either moved away or we have totally opposite schedules so hang outs are very rare. I've resorted to fully consuming myself into my boyfriend only and I know that is not healthy because it makes me so dependent on him.

I'm actually flying into Chicago on the 30th but my trip will be so short b/c I arrive at like midnight. Then Friday I'm going with my mom and sister to get my eyebrows done and to find a dress for the wedding. Friday night is the dinner gathering thing that occurs before the wedding..not the rehearsal but I forget what it's called??? Saturday is the wedding. Then I fly back on Sunday since I have class the following day so my weekend will be jam packed. I always come in December though Let me know if you plan on coming out to SF again anytime soon.
Old 07-09-2009, 09:31 AM   #12
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Last night I was having more trouble sleeping, so I was watching tv, got hungry, and I ate a cheese stick. That was it for yesterday's food.

I'm ecstatic right now because I woke up to a nice 153 appearing on my beautiful, wonderful, fabulous scale!!! I'm going to buy myself a gift today. I'm trying to decide what, and the only thing I can think of...well something that I really want is that tightening thing. You know, since I'm trying to look good for this wedding I want that thing you wear under a dress that sucks your stomach in to make you look skinnier :blush: I don't know what it's called nor do I know where I can get it but if it works and looks good I'll wear it 24/7

I need to run off and eat breakfast then head to school so I'll be back later to list meals and exercise for the day.

Have a wonderful day!!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: misslatte
Stats: 5'11" - 260/~175
Hello!

Congrats on 153!

We want pictures!
misslatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 08:54 PM   #14
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: changing
Stats: 127/110/113
WOE: Moderate Carbs
Start Date: 7/2/9
Congrats on your shrinking!

I have those Chia seeds too! I'm very neutral about them. I still have a pack and a half to go through, so I'd better start liking them soon!

What did you buy for your gift today?
changing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 09:52 PM   #15
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Yaaaaaaaaaaay I have guests!!!

I'll make sure to get my pics up soon. thanks for the congrats misslatte!

changing: that is the cutest doggy ever. What kind is it? I'm so not an animal person at all but I can appreciate cute ones when I see them. And I bought myself a bunch of cute underwear

And the chia seeds weren't so bad in the yogurt, I just have a sensitive stomach and I felt like they made me more bloated than I already am this week. You should try it in fage, it was very thick and decadent

Food today all over the place. I had THE grossest breakfast ever. I had boiled some eggs yesterday, and I usually let the water boil then remove it from the stove and let them sit for a while in the steaming water. Well yesterday I boiled them then quickly transferred them to the fridge because I was just lazy. Anyways, they were not cooked at all this morning but I had already peeled 3 for my egg salad and I was trying to smash them to add mayo but they were soupy. I added them mayo anyways and started eating it and I felt so sick because it was the grossest consistency ever. I was running late already so I kept eating but I couldn't get past 3 bites.

So my real food after that mishap was again, 2 of those not-boiled eggs microwaved on high and topped w/ lots of plugra butter and some colby jack cheese.
Then I had the remainder of the ribeye from yesterday w/ a huge salad of butter lettuce, 2 persian cucumbers, grape tomatoes, cj cheese, and I accidently put too much ranch on so my salad was overly dressed
Lastly I had a cheesestick, another couple of handfuls of grape tomatoes, and 2 more persian cucumbers.

I think that's it for the night. I didn't workout today and I felt like crap for it
I'll definitely be exercising tomorrow. Have a good night everyone.

Last edited by lalala; 07-09-2009 at 10:01 PM..
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Fage is such a thick yogurt, I didn't think those seeds could expand that much, but I'm definitely going to give it a try the next time I have yogurt. THANKS for the suggestion!!

Dude, that breakfast sounds pretty hideous. Gross!!!!! I must admit I know exactly the sort of salad you're talking about because I have had the misfortune of having that happen as well. Bahahaha! But it sounds like you had some awesome food to make up for it! MMMMMMMMMM! Persian cucumbers are my FAVORITE!! Keep up the good work! Can't wait to hear about your workout today!
Old 07-10-2009, 04:50 AM   #17
Senior LCF Member

PS - She's a maltese.
Old 07-10-2009, 08:42 AM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

I'm glad you went out and bought yourself a reward! I've always wanted to get cute undies but I just settle for the semi-cute ones in the three pack at Walmart.

I have yet to try chia seeds or fage.. I've heard good things about both. I want to try this recipe - Coconut Cream Chia Pudding.

I hope you have a great day!
Old 07-10-2009, 09:24 PM   #19
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hello changing and misslatte! Hope you've both had a great day.

I did! Woke up, lounged around for too long, went to the gym, went out shopping for a dumb dress to wear to that wedding (no success there), then met up with my boyfriend for dinner, came home and showered and now I'm lounging again

changing: the cucumbers ARE amazing. I love them and not because they are Persian (as am I) but because they're crisp and taste great with loads of salt. And I'll let my bf know that maltese's are adorable so maybe that'll be our pet when we move in together How old is your doggy? And do you know how big they get? I think small dogs are cute.

misslatte: that recipe looks great. although, I'm sure if I tried to make it I'd mess it up somehow and it wouldn't look as pretty. I purchased my chia seeds in the bulk foods section of whole foods. I only got a tablespoons worth to try it out and it only cost me 4cents. I love that I am able to do that because then I don't waste money buying so many things that I end up not using.
And ya, I was satisfied with the underwear. Anything new to me is fun
I actually wanted to get one of those body shaper things because I hate my stomach and I want it to look flatter for the wedding. Well, I didn't want one of the ones that's like underwear because I drink so much water that I have to go to the bathroom every hour and it would be hard to get off every time So I tried on the kind that has a built in bra and it's like a tightening tank top type thing. Unfortunately my dumb boobs were too big to fit into any of those things unless I get a size XL, which is then too big for my body so that defeats the purpose. It was frustrating so I just stuck with the underwear.

Food for today was good:
handful of grape tomatoes
2 eggs cooked in olive oil w/ colby jack cheese
2 turkey breakfast sausages
I bought about 2 oz of raw almonds and ate 80% of it (it's typically unheard of that I have leftover nuts because that's a trigger-ish type food for me. I was full after half of it then ate some more and I couldn't do it so I stopped myself)
Chipotle Burrito Bol (made of chicken, tomato salsa, sour cream, cheese lettuce and I get it topped with extra guacamole and extra tomatillo salsa..YUM I literally liked the bowl )

Exercise: I did 3 miles on the elliptical and 2 miles on the treadmill. It was really rough for me to exercise today for some reason. I hated the first 30 minutes of it so much but I kept reminding myself that I'm fat and I'll thank myself for this later. It worked and I stuck with it and now I'm glad I did!!

Off to read the ML. Have a great night you two!
Old 07-10-2009, 10:50 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you can find a dress for the wedding soon! I'm not sure why, but I've really wanted to go to a wedding recently... I think it's just me being lonely and wanting to be around happy romantic people. Or something like that.

I've heard Spanx are awesome, not sure how easy they are to take on and off though. Sometimes a little "suck it in" help is good.

I the burrito bol from Chipotle.. I don't know what it is about it that I love so much... and their guac.. omg.. I've tried to recreate it at home but it never seems to taste as good. I'm assuming its the who-knows-how-much-sodium they put in there. I don't want to know.

Good job with the workout today, I need to get my tookus back to the gym to get rid of these last 20 (?) pounds or so. I usually do the elliptical and treadmill too when I go. 15 mins on elliptical and 15 mins on treadmill at an incline. Yes, I should.

Have a nice weekend! Tell the bf hello!
Old 07-11-2009, 12:19 PM   #21
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hey Misslatte...I'm actually not actively searching for a dress now b/c I'm waiting til I fly back home the day before the wedding to get it. I somehow always find what I need last minute. But I'm really NOT excited for this. I don't feel happy enough about my body to show it in a dress so I'll feel uncomfortable in that sense. Maybe you could go for me

And I was looking for the spanx brand but didn't see them. The ones I tried on that didn't fit literally smooshed my boobs to the point that I looked like i had a uniboob or they were like bulging out the top. Not attractive at all. I just want something to hold my teletubby down so I can look good for the evening.

It's great to find another chipotle lover. Last week when I was there, they had run out of guacamole but I was told the worker ran out to buy more avocados to make it and he had just gotten back. It was made and brought to my table fresh and bright green. It was amazing. I always eat a ton when I go there but I don't care because it's so flippin gooooooooood!! You'll love the website Chipotle Fan.com - Nutrition information, recipes, coupons, locations, and all things Chipotle Mexican Grill. You can put in your typical order under the 'nutrition facts' section to get an estimation of the cals/carbs of your meal. I always get the same thing and I love it!!! YUM. (I may go there again today )

Exercising is always a tough thing for me to fit in my schedule but now during the summer I have no excuse b/c I have very little going on. I love the Precor elliptical, I find other machines aren't as smooth. Is there a specific one that you select or do you just get on whatever is available? I think today I'll put myself up to a challenge and do the stepmill. I usually can't walk for a few days after I use it but I think it makes my butt a bit more firm

Do you have any fun plans for the weekend misslatte?

I'll be going to my bf's house and then we're going to head off to a friends house for a mini gathering b/c tonight is UFC 100. BIG fight, can't wait!!
Then tomorrow, I'll be doing his grocery shopping and cooking him some large dishes of food to last him for the week b/c the poor guy can't cook anything that tastes good I feel bad for him cause I know how much it sucks to eat tasteless no good food.

As for my food, so far today I've had:
2 handfuls grape tomatoes, 3 persian cucumbers, colby jack cheese and a cheese stick ( I wanted a "lighter" breakfast than eggs so I can exercise sooner)

the rest of the day is TBD.

Have a great weekend and do something fun
Old 07-11-2009, 03:06 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bentley
Stats: Current: 173.5
WOE: VLC + strength training + cross training
Start Date: 1/14/2012
Did you ever post pics of yourself? I'm going to put some up tonight after my son goes to bed. I tried last night and the site rejected them because they weren't .jpeg's I think. Who knows. I feel like I'm 80 when I talk about this stuff anymore!

<3 Chipotle!
bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I went to Chipotle today... one *just* opened up TODAY right next to the grocery store I go to.

For the elliptical, I usually go for the ones that have the arm pully things. Not sure what the official term is. If they're all taken I'll go for one by a TV with a good channel/show on.

I have no plans this weekend, just relax and start trying to think about what I want for a new(er) car. I went to a few dealerships today to look around, it was frustrating because I don't like pushy salespeople.. dang vultures!!

That's so nice of you to cook for your man man. Maybe you two can take a cooking class together, or, you can teach him some things in the kitchen.. that might be fun!
Old 07-13-2009, 01:19 AM   #24
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hi there,

I got back from my boyfriends house a couple hours ago and I'm exhausted.

I had a really rough day because I get really dizzy and light headed as a result of one of the medications I take. Anyways, this morning I got up to go tell my boyfriend something and I got extremely light headed so I tried to grab onto the door frame but I blacked out and fell and hit my head on the metal door frame really hard. Needless to say, all day I've felt very weak and light headed but I still had a lot to do so I couldn't really rest. Well now that I'm home and laying in bed, I feel very nauseous my head has been hurting all day. Overall I just fee a bit off so I'll be back tomorrow sometime to do a recap of the weekend and whatnot.

thanks for support, I really appreciate it a lot.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Oh lady that doesn't sound good! Does your head hurt enough to go get it checked out? I hope it goes away! Maybe new meds is in your future?

Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 PM   #26
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

I actually have an appointment tomorrow with a specialist but for an unrelated reason.
Sadly, this was my own fault because I know I'm supposed to take this medication with a meal but we got home at 11, I had eaten lunch at 3 and nothing since then, but I was too tired eat a real meal so I had 2 spoonfuls of peanut butter and then took my pill and went to sleep. So when this happened to me, it had been about 18 hours since I last ate

I should know better, so now I'm trying to prepare to it doesn't happen to me again. Its only happened to me once before while I was waiting in line at the pharmacy in the hospital after I had not eaten enough the day before b/c boyfriend and I were travelling and then I had to fast also for a metabolic panel and after my blood was drawn I had to go to the pharmacy and wait about an hour and I started to black out and was about to collapse but luckily some guy caught me and pulled up a chair. But then I started hyperventilating and having something like a panic attack (I think that's what it was, I'm not sure because whatever I had felt had never happened to me before). Regardless, it's scary and I need to be more careful and carry food with me more often in the event where I don't have anything I can eat.

I also have to fast for tomorrow so I'm going to the store in a bit to get a bag of almonds or something to have after my blood is drawn.

Overall, I'm just trying to relax today. My head hurts very badly but it's just because I hit it hard on the metal side. I don't think it's anything big at all but it's just really tender and there's a bump Otherwise I feel ok but i'm still going to take it easy for the rest of the night.

Thanks so much for stopping in miss latte. I'm jealous you went to chipotle. I may go tomorrow
Old 07-13-2009, 04:21 PM   #27
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

and wow, your stats are amazing. good job!!

did you lose all the weight on low-carb?

do you have an idea of a goal weight or size?
Old 07-13-2009, 09:13 PM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

That's a good idea about the almonds, keep a bag in your purse, the car, man man's car, etc.. I keep some in the car at all times, just in case I get a craving (which doesn't seem to ever happen) or if I just really need to eat something. I also dehydrate zucchini once and a while which makes a good snack, it tastes a bit sweeter when it's dehydrated. The bad part is that it's REALLY addicting. I can control that by just putting small portions in those little baby size snack baggies.

Actually, now that I think about it.. I did have a craving for gummy bears the other day when I was picking up some veggie chips for my mom at a local snack shop. lol.. I wonder what caused that. They had sugar free gummy bears that I wanted to try, but, I'm not quite ready for that many carbs/sugar alcohols. Grr! I've also seen sugar free cinnamon bears online, same deal though - lots of sugar alcohols. I love(d) those things, even with their "imma-stick-in-between-your teeth-all-day" glory.

Thanks for the congrats on my stats! My real starting weight was probably more like 255 but I don't tell anyone that. Guess I should finally be honest with myself and change my stats. Every pound lost has been from low carb; this is a way of eating I can live with so making the right food decisions seems to be getting easier and easier. My goal weight was initially 175, but, I still think that I have a ways to go. I picked that number because it was in the "healthy" range for my height. I'm 5'11" so my "range" is between 132 lbs and 179 lbs. I think I'm going to aim for the middle of the range at 155ish and can maintain +/- 5 or so. I don't know. Yargh! Size wise I'd like to be in single digits.. I started out wearing 20/22 and wouldn't mind being around an 8. :blush: I have a vacation in September so I need to get my tookus in gear and try to get there by then!

Sorry for the novel. I hope your war wound from the 'lalala vs door frame' showdown is going away!
Old 07-14-2009, 09:10 PM   #29
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Hey there,

So I fasted, went to appt. and since it was with a specialist they typically spend more time with you than a regular doctor so I was there for about 3 hours total. Went good, I have faith with the progress I'm making in dealing with the crappy genetic hand I've been dealt. But thank God everything else is going well in my life, I am otherwise happy and healthy.

Food:
had almonds after I fasted
went to chipotle and got a chicken burrito bol w/ extra guacamole
1 cucumber and have an heirloom tomatoe
2/3 C whole milk ricotta w/ 2-3 spoons yocheese plus 2 tbsp lemon juice

I can't tell if I'm full right now for some reason so now i'm drinking water and I'll wait a bit to see it's an odd feeling I am not used to anymore. before it was typical, but since lc this is somewhat abnormal. whatever??

Misslatte, dehydrated zucchini sounds good. I'd probably overeat them though haha and sorry for the gummy bear taunting. my favorite gummy product was swedish fish. I hope I never find a sf version. OMG I'd die!!!!!!!!!!!!

And you're doing so good. That's amazing. I had set a goal weight of 150 at the beginning. At least I thought I'd be happy at this weight but now that I'm approaching it, I still feel mega fat and it's discouraging I have no idea what the actual size of my body should be. And I too would love to be in the single digits but I have freaking hips that are so unbelievably wide it's crazy. You're lucky if you don't have that. And I'm jealous of your height but at the same time i'm glad i'm not that tall right now b/c my bf is 5'11 and I hate being the same height as my boyfriends. hahah. You say you started out at a size 20/22, was that at 255 ? And do you mind me asking you what size you are now at your current weight of 173? Right now I'm flipping between 153 and 154 lbs and I wear a size 10/11. I don't feel like I look proportionate in clothes though because I'm very apple shaped so I have a tummy but thinner legs. Usually there is too much room in the thigh/leg area of my pants so that sucks, plus now that I've lost weight I need to wear a belt and I have bunched up sections of jeans around my waist and it looks terrible. hahah. I think it's time for me to go shopping even though I'm broke and I hate clothes shopping.

Anyways, I just realized that I forgot to take pictures of my body this weekend. I don't like the idea of putting my face pics up on the internet and whatever but I'm more than willing to email them out if you want to see what I looked like at different points in my journey so far. Its ironic that I'm more than willing to put pictures of myself up half-naked and headless, but not a dumb picture of my face Well the internet is weird and so am I so that's just how I want to do it!

Does anyone else have a problem with putting pics of themselves up on a public forum..you know, face and all? I hope I'm not the only one

And ya, my head is feeling a lot better today. I told both of my sisters about it even though I didn't want to tell them. I am not telling my parents though because I don't want them to worry more about me than they already do. Besides the mega bump, all is well

Ok I'm off to catch up in the ML. Have a good night
Old 07-14-2009, 09:26 PM   #30
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

i just ate another cucumber and a spoonful of yocheese