LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondie302
Stats: 305/254.4/180
WOE: LC - 20 grams per day
Start Date: March 6th, 2012
My trip down Blondie Boulevard

I know, I know....we shouldn't lose weight for others, we should do it for ourselves. Well, I am....you just have to read a little more.

I am new here, this is my first post. I have done pretty well on the LC in the past but just never stuck to it. Today that changes.

I have always been big, well, since I was 7. I don't mean "oh Im chubby"...I mean I have been big as in obese.

In July of 2000 I met the most wonderful man. I weighed 236 lbs at the time. He loved big women and that made comfortable. We had a child together and had a few good years of marriage and then for no other reason then stress in both our lives, we began to poison each other. In July 2006 we separated. By this time I weighed 310 lbs. My husband NEVER made me feel anything less than beautiful, regardless of my weight, so he was never verbally abusive in any way. We just had so much going on with nosey families and we both began to let ourselves go.

We were finally divorced in January 2009. We have continued to talk and hang out these past 3 years, even while we have both had other relationships. I STILL love this man dearly....and I know he has love for me too (not like it use to be, but its there). He even admits it.

We have both been trying really hard to get our individual lives on track but we've never separated ourselves from one another enough to do that. Yesteday, we made an agreement.

He told me he needed a one year separation - no talking, no contact, no seeing each other. Now, I know to most of you this sounds horrible, but given our circumstances I think it is a great idea. I have emotional issues (depression) I need to deal with and he has his own issues (substance abuse) that he wants to deal with. We just never could deal with them while we are together, even if its only friends.

I told him I had but one request, and asked if he'd honor it. He replied "yes, anything". I asked him, if once this year is over, if he would consider asking me out on a date. He was all for it. Now granted, alot can change in a year and I realize that....but in the interim it has given me a new sense of hope.

I want to knock his socks off when we see each other again after that year long separation. He still tells me Im beautiful, its not about that....its about him 'meeting' a whole new woman - mentally and physcally - in April 2010. He wants the woman he married (mentally) and I am no longer her. My own family has caused issues in my life that has led me to a terrible depression. If I can combat that, and Im working on it, and lose this weight.....I really do see a 2nd chance with the man I love. He just wants me to work on the mental part, an he has no idea that Im wanting to lose weight....my attempt at losing weight is to show how serious I am about becoming a better person.

And who knows.....in a year I may not even want him anymore...or vice versa.

Im starting my journey at 302 lbs. I would like to lose 80 lbs by April 2010. I hope thats realistic, and if my previous LC attempts are any indication then I should have no problem if I stick to it.

For me, this is about becoming a new woman, inside and out while he becomes a new man. A year is a LONG time and I will miss him dearly but with the support of others, I know I can do it.

I hope I dont get 'bashed' for my reasoning behind this. For me, if its meeting him all over again that gives me the incentive to lose weight....then I only better myself in the end. I would not attempt this if I didnt feel (and he hadnt said) that he still has feelings. I would be a fool otherwise. You cant make a person love you......but you can certainely have a 2nd chance at finding a love that was lost......

.......and you might just be able to knock his socks off when that time comes around.

Heres to my journey.....let the show begin!
Blondie302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #2
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Shimmerfly
Stats: 237/227/165 5'8
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 14.02.11
Hey there. I hope everything goes well for you over the next year.

A years separation for each of you might be just what you need to get your lives back on track, and if not ... you'll both be better people for it anyway. It's a win win.

I really hope he keeps his end of the deal for you and works on his substance abuse problem.
Shimmerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:00 PM   #3
Senior LCF Member

Thank you so much. He was not a user when we met, and his drug of choice is pot. Could be worse I guess. Im not a user and don't plan to be. Im just happy that he's wanting to quit.

PS - love your avatar! Im ALL about butterflies~!!
Old 04-07-2009, 05:36 AM   #4

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004

If you stick with your plan I think your weight loss goal is realistic...
We will be here cheering you on
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2009, 01:36 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

One day and down one pound. Ive usually lost 3 to 4 lbs the 1st day in thepast (water weight) but not this time. Still though....Im one pound less than yesterday. I'll take that!
Old 04-08-2009, 05:28 AM   #6

All those 1 lbs add up to much bigger numbers!!!!!!

Hang in there
Old 04-08-2009, 08:29 PM   #7
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: dantesmom
WOE: atkins
Start Date: July 2006
Hi Blondie! Just stopping by to give my support to you pretty lady! A pound lost is a pound lost for sure and like diane said, they do add up! Keep up the great work!
dantesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:26 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Hey ya'll! Thanks for the words of encuragement. This morning I got on the scales and had gained 4.5 lbs in a DAY. I have seriously cut on my carbs......an never had this happen in the past. Ive been snacking on a lot of pepperoni's (high in sodium) so Im thinking it may be water gain....or maybe Im just making excuses for myself. Either way, Im going the wrong way on the scales.

Not giving up yet.....just gonna try some different foods. I swear......I just cant get blow 300.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 AM   #9

Start guzzling that water...you know the 4.5 lb isn't real..so go pour yourself some water and flush out that sodium

If you want some new foods, here is a good recipe place to start..it is Linda Sue's site..and lots of recipes marked induction friendly
Linda's Low Carb Menus & Recipes - Home

You CAN and you WILL get below 300...
Old 04-09-2009, 05:09 AM   #10
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Miss Beazly
Stats: 247/225.8/135
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 9 2009
I wish you luck in acheieving your goals. It's always a good choice to make self-improvements no matter what the reason for it is.
I do have one question however, you and your ex have agreed to have no contact for a year right? Yet you say you have a child together. How will that even be possible?
Miss Beazly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 08:54 AM   #11
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Drink that water woman! That'll get that sodium flushed out of you! Don't get down about this..this is just a test too see how bad you want it..and I know you want it bad so keep up the good fight chickie!
Old 04-09-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Beazly View Post
I wish you luck in acheieving your goals. It's always a good choice to make self-improvements no matter what the reason for it is.
I do have one question however, you and your ex have agreed to have no contact for a year right? Yet you say you have a child together. How will that even be possible?
He gets our son every other weekend. My plan is to just send my son out the door - no need for me to walk out with him. We actually talked about that vey thing....wondering if this was possble...lol. If any contact has to be made for schedule changes, its done through a 3rd party.

Thanks for that link to that website!! Great stuff on there.

One thing I realized....I hd forgot to take my water pill yesterday so Im sure tats a factor too. I took it this morning and have been peeing all morning....so maybe tomorrows weigh in will be better.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:16 AM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LastChance
Stats: 251/233.0/150
Start Date: April 6, 2009
I know exactly the feelings you're going through in trying to make this happen for yourself, Blondie302. Oh boy, do I know them.

I've been married for 10 years and I love my husband to bits and pieces, but I just don't feel that "spark" anymore. We're more like roomates than anything else. I think it stems from my feelings of depression and not feeling comfortable with my body. And that can affect you tremendously in a long-standing relationship. I want to be Me again and be more active for my children and my husband. That's my main goal. I know all this heavy weight has me feeling like this.

I hope all goes well with you and your goals. I'll be here if you need any company since we've started at the same time and probably have the same expectations.
[COLOR=red]250[/COLOR] - [COLOR=red]245[/COLOR] - [COLOR=red]240[/COLOR] - [COLOR=red]235[/COLOR] - 230 - 225 - 220 - 215 - 210 - 205 - 200 -
195 - 190 - 185 - 180 - 175 - 170 - 165 - 160 - 155 - 150 -
My Journal
For Those About To Lose, We Salute You: Teamwork 2009

LastChance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 11:40 AM   #14
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: Portia
Stats: 279/272/180
Start Date: 1/1/14
GL. Don't be afraid to change things up if they are not working, especially with respect to communication about your child. It's great that you are getting healthy and are motivated. There were parts of your post that worried me, however, and I hope you are getting lots of support from friends and family as well as here on the boards.
Portia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:29 PM   #15
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
GL. Don't be afraid to change things up if they are not working, especially with respect to communication about your child. It's great that you are getting healthy and are motivated. There were parts of your post that worried me, however, and I hope you are getting lots of support from friends and family as well as here on the boards.
Oh I do wish you'd tell me the parts that concerned you. I am totally ok with brutal honesty and I posted all that so that I could get an outsiders view. Sometimes we are blinded by love.

It scares me to think I may not even want him anymore after a year has gone by....but if he hasn't done his part then I absolutely will not. I will NOT work this hard to get myself in better shape only to have myself torn down again bad behavior on his part. Its a choice I have to make. By the time next year gets here, we will have been apart (living apart) for almost 4 years so the love wont be the same (it isnt now).

Last Chance....this going to be hard for us.....bt lets make a promise to each other......by next April we post pics of ourselves in a knock-out outfit for our men (dunno who my man will be at this point, but if I aint got one, i'll find one....rent one or something.....lol).

Im so glad you share the views I do. I AM doing this for ME because of the feeling I will get from it......I'll feel better about myself just knowing that ...(in no particular order)

1) Im woman enough to keep my man (this isnt just a physical change. Im talking about the emotional part. Im no Saint. The emotional part is his only concern. The physical part will just be a gift to him (wink). I drove this man crazy in the past...I had some serious issues that stemmed from my upbringing and family.
2) it makes me feel good about myself
3) it makes me appreciate the hard work I will have done
4) seeing the look on his face because he has no idea Im losing weight
5) makes me know that I can go to my kids school and not be the biggest mama there anymore. It bothers my kids, especially my 15 year old. They dont say it....but I know it does.

To me, I'm doing this for ME....the part about getting my husband back is just a bonus if it happens. Hell....he likes big women...lol....he might not want ME when he sees me...lol

All and all, this is a test for myself to see if I "can do it". My ex and I have remained sexually active since our separation. We were just always into each other that way. We've nevr had that "apart" time to fix ourselves individually. This is a test on SO many levels for me. Its going to be hard.

I wish you MUCH success on this journey. Im going to be right there with you girl! And we will push each other through this! I want to succeed and I want you to succeed with me!

Its been 4 days since Ive talked to him. Im ok so far. I was just hoping I'd be down at least 5 lbs by now. Instead, I've went the other way. I did sneak a weigh in earlier....and was down 2 lbs since this morning. I think tomorrow's weigh in will be much better than todays.

I really do appreciate all the encouragement ya'll are giving me. It makes it easier when you have people who understand you (regarding weight loss).
Old 04-09-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
Senior LCF Member

Well..I did my weigh in...and Im down!!! Im now 300.2 lbs and SO excited. My first mini-goal is just .2 lbs away!!!

I was 315 in February and I started eating a little different.....got down to 302 to 305 average. Never could get below 300 so thats why I came here......the motivation, tips, and support of others.

I haven't been below 300 lbs in about 2 years now so this little .2 lbs is HUGE for me. If I get on the scale tomorrow and Ive gained again...I just dont know how I'll react....but Im not gonna stress about it...yet.

I will flip out if it says 299 or less. Im so encouraged right now!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 04:39 AM   #17
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Woohoo! Here is to kicking 300 to the curb! You can do it girl!
Old 04-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: KITTYM
Stats: (350 top wt )278/ 255/ 195
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: restart 3-13-2009
Hello

[COLOR="Purple"]Hello

Blondie302, Thanks for stopping by my page And thanks sooo much for the comment.

I think you are very beautiful , and I wish you well with your goals ; you are sooo able to do this. Remember we are here with you, and we are all doing this one day at a time.

You know by this time next year , you are going to be having soooo much fun that, Who knows what you will want at that time.

But what ever it is I am wishing you much happiness , self Love , and contentment .

Stay focused ,and Enjoy being Beautiful TODAY .[/COLOR]

Restart date 12-10-2013...........261
KITTYM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:16 AM   #19
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey, Blondie! You're such a gorgeous, positive person. My only "concern," if you can call it that, is that you and your ex have a deal of sorts that in one year, you will both emerge as new, better people and your relationship will benefit as a result.

I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure that's realistic. I also read that your ex has, at most, agreed that he *might* be willing to ask you out on a date after your year of separation.

Blondie, you are a stunning woman, and obviously bright, loving etc. You should not need to hope that someone might-possibly-maybe consider asking you on a date if you somehow improve yourself.

I think that if you take good care of yourself, stick with your eating plan and try to enjoy life in the here and now, you'll have to beat the guys off with a stick and won't be worried about what your ex thinks of you.

I love your energy and spirit - you are doing great. Congrats on the loss!

Oh - and I am willing to bet you see a "2" as the first number on the scale very soon!

Last edited by Portia; 04-10-2009 at 11:17 AM..
Old 04-10-2009, 11:57 AM   #20
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portia View Post
Hey, Blondie! You're such a gorgeous, positive person. My only "concern," if you can call it that, is that you and your ex have a deal of sorts that in one year, you will both emerge as new, better people and your relationship will benefit as a result.

I'm not an expert, but I'm not sure that's realistic. I also read that your ex has, at most, agreed that he *might* be willing to ask you out on a date after your year of separation.

Blondie, you are a stunning woman, and obviously bright, loving etc. You should not need to hope that someone might-possibly-maybe consider asking you on a date if you somehow improve yourself.

I think that if you take good care of yourself, stick with your eating plan and try to enjoy life in the here and now, you'll have to beat the guys off with a stick and won't be worried about what your ex thinks of you.

I love your energy and spirit - you are doing great. Congrats on the loss!

Oh - and I am willing to bet you see a "2" as the first number on the scale very soon!

Well said , I totally agree.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM   #21
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Hi sweetie,

I just wanted to drop in and say hi.

No judgment because I have been there. I do bet though that as you change inside and outside (it's sort of like peeling an onion.. many layers start to come off) that you will find you don't need from him what you think you need now. You may very well end up back together but you will be two different people.

My advise is to make this all about YOU.. really learn and study YOU.
It's a fantastic journey. Take your time, love yourself and be kind to yourself.

Cary~
Old 04-10-2009, 03:02 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

Portia....I thank you for telling me that, and honestly....you are right. I try not to base everything on him or this 'date' we have agreed to because in life, there are no guarantees. My feelings may very well be based on how comfortable I felt when I was with him...and feeling like I could never be that comfortable with another man (because of my weight). I do think losing weight will change me....I know it will. I've never lived that side of life. I was 145 in the 4th grade.....I became obese at 7 years old so I don't even remember being little....and if I did...it wouldn't have mattered to me then because I was a kid.

Being that Im tackeling physical and mental changes at the same time, I often wonder if I'll even feel the same way when that year rolls around. Right now, I guess its part of the driving factor in me doing this and I have to use whatever drives me.

My phone rang at 4:51AM this morning. It was my ex. I answered and he said "hey".....I said "I cant talk to you" and he said "yes you can". I said "I cant talk to you" and I hung the phone up. It felt GOOD to know that my willpower let me do that. It made me feel like I CAN do this.

Not to sound conceited (by any means), but I was blessed with a pretty face and a horrible body (although it does take a lot of make up and hairspray to get the face going....lol). I know many of you can relate to that. We've all heard it - "oh you have such a pretty face". If I can ever get the body be somewhat close to the face.....I'm liable to turn into some form of a cougar or something...lol.

I have NO intentions of ever getting married again, regardless of who it is. I may just end up being the girl who goes to the clubs and dances alone, flirts with a few men, and then goes home alone....lol.

I think I'd like that. To this day, I never bring a man to my house. That is the sanctuary for me and my boys and my boys dont know what goes on in my personal life (not that I have that much of a personal life)...lol

I am open to dating other men if the situation arises.....and I have dated 3 others since my ex and I split up. Right now, I just dont desire a man....and it kills me....lol...because Im such a flirt. Im just more focused on mean my kids right now.

Im sure you spoke what others were thinking and I appreciate you doing that. It helps keep it REAL for me. I do hope that eventually, Im not dependant upon my meeting with him to keep me motivated. If I hit the 200's tonight.....thats gonna definitely change my first form of motivation...lol

Daisy, I think you are right as well. I do believe my 'needs' will change as time goes on. Im anxious to see what th future holds.

Last edited by Blondie302; 04-10-2009 at 03:04 PM..
Old 04-11-2009, 01:23 AM   #23
Senior LCF Member

I'm in with the picture taking. I still have not taken a picture and measured and I think we really need to do this to keep a log of the monthly results. I'll probably be going to Walgreens and buying Ketostix, measuring tape and some sewing materials in order to adjust any weight loss in my clothing to keep myself from expanding again. We really need to do this!

I myself know my children are oftentimes embarrassed of my heavyness, yet it's about 60% of the other children's parents who are -also- overweight. We look like a herd of cattle in the morning and after school. I don't want to be like this anymore. My husband always tells me that I look young and that I look pretty and that he loves me no matter what. He met me when I was about 190lbs..13 years later...I'm 251. I would love to be 190 again, but 150 would be even better.

Let's keep the faith and keep each other on the straight and narrow!
Old 04-11-2009, 05:31 AM   #24
Senior LCF Member

This mornings weigh in:

299.1 lbs

I am SO happy right now! Thank you ALL for your encouagement. I have met my first mini-goal!!!

Last Chance, we're on a roll AND losin them - at the same time!

Im doin pics tomorrow!

Last edited by Blondie302; 04-11-2009 at 05:32 AM..
Old 04-11-2009, 05:34 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Old 04-12-2009, 03:33 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Just wanted to tell everyone HAPPY EASTER! Im on my way to church......for the first time in 20+ years!!
Old 04-12-2009, 05:45 AM   #27
MAJOR LCF POSTER!

Gallery: Peacesoul
Stats: Coming up on 43yrs old...ekk!
WOE: smart
Great thread......I'm going to keep an eye on this one.

Blondie I totally respect your courage and will to want change.
Most people have little motivation towards change until they have a "reason" for that change. You made your ex your reason and I see nothing wrong with that. Though I believe that him being the motivation will change to YOU being the motivation as the year rolls on.

I'm in an unhealthy relationship myself right now and need the courage to walk away to focus soley on me. It's not easy to do what you're doing so kudos to you.

Depression is a humbling friend. Been there, done that and learned a whole lot. Embrace these moments as hard as they are.

Good luck :-)
Peacesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:08 AM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: LowCarbinChica
Stats: 183/175.7/145
Blondie ~ Just read your blog and I think it's really interesting! I have to agree with other posters that you really should not make him the 100% reason for the goal. I have dealt with being motivated to lose weight by a man, and it will come back to bite you in the butt, I promise! As long as you know it's a win:win situation, that's all that matters. If you end up wanting to be back together with a clean, sober, loving man who does want to be with you in 1 year, wonderful! If any of the pieces aren't there, don't settle. Please!! You'll be so damn smoking hot by then, you'll probably have a million other options anyway. Don't give up, and we're here for you.
LowCarbinChica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 08:09 AM   #29
Blabbermouth!!!

Happy Easter! KUTGW - congrats on the mini-goal!
Old 04-12-2009, 09:05 PM   #30
Senior LCF Member

That's just awesome, Blondie302!! Congratulations!!! I hope you have a great Easter with the family.