Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Lexianns Weight loss journal (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/609220-lexianns-weight-loss-journal.html)

lexiann21 03-19-2009 08:12 AM

Lexianns Weight loss journal

I am going to start to post my blog/journal entries here...

March 19th

Weight: 192.5

Breakfast- Atkins Shake

Lunch - Filet Mignon

Dinner - most likely bunless cheeseburger with veggies

Snacks - almonds and cheese

Watching some of the basketball games tonight, no work tomorrow so should be fun!!

Flipz 03-19-2009 08:29 AM

Welcome! Journals really have helped me stay on track.

Tyl 03-19-2009 08:34 AM

Yea...what flip said!!!

Hey girl!!

TXLoser 03-19-2009 08:40 AM

:welcome: Lexiann

My DH is a Husker too

Ref2010 03-19-2009 08:51 AM

Hey Lexi....!! I am glad you started this...was kinda hard to keep commenting on your
postings in your blog...haha well..ok..it wasnt hard.... just I didnt wanna clog your blog..
haha..that was funny...

Ok.......so....192.5.,....?? hmmm I see you are the same...which is ok.....you are eating
right....
I didnt see you posted your exercise ??
Lets go girl....get on it....!!! You can slack tomorrow on your Bday.... But..
NOT today !!

lexiann21 03-19-2009 09:03 AM

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!!! ;)

TXLOSER- YA GO HUSKERS!!!!!

JROD- dude i have totally been slippin on the exercise, i think because i have lost the weight pretty much without working out i don't have a lot of motivation to... but i do enjoy working out, now that its starting to warm up here in nebraska me and the boy with get out running. i like to run.

I was working out consistantly starting from end of november to beg of January, then i got in a car wreck and since then i have not really started up again.

BUT I WILL!! :) promise, remember that "class" i am taking in vegas, that will def be some hard work! yea for workin out on vaca!

Ref2010 03-19-2009 10:06 AM

Well.. you know what a "stall" is...and you know no matter HOW good you eat..
there is sometimes your body needs a whoopin with some exercise...
to get you jump started again.... And....now that it has thawed out up there..
and....the sun is shinnin.... get you and the boy out there in the cornfields (
I dont know if you live by cornfields...haha assuming...( most people assume
we live by oil fields here in Houston ) so..I am just sayin...)
get a move on.....get'ta runnin !

Quote:

I was working out consistantly starting from end of november to beg of January, then i got in a car wreck and since then i have not really started up again.
Well I hear ya about that...after my bike accident hit by a car... I had some surgeries..
and well..you name it... and I coudnt work out for a long time..( and LOTS of excuses )
but you have just let up some recently...you can get back on it quick..
the thing is.....it is so EASY to get outta shape...and so hard to get back into..
once you are in pretty good shape...its easy to stay in it...( as long as it is routine )
I KNOW you got this !

Quote:

BUT I WILL!! :) promise, remember that "class" i am taking in vegas, that will def be some hard work! yea for workin out on vaca!
Hahaha...Ok.. I will hold you to the promise..! haha..and I know...the words workin out
and vaca shouldnt go together....but..in this case...your "class" ...is exactly what
is needed and will be fun !! haha.

Ref2010 03-19-2009 01:50 PM

Whhhhoooah...hold up there before you go orderin stuff... I am gonna go talk to Hotchick in a sec.... but..... I have had that crust...and yes it's good...but still
quite a few carbs...... now I will post this recipe here.....( and on my page for others to see who dont come here ) cuz I love this one....

DEEP DISH PIZZA QUICHE

4 oz softened cream cheese
4 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (grated)
1 tbs chives
1/2 tsp Italian or pizza seasoning
2 cups shredded cheese (I use mozzarella/cheddar mix)
1/2 tsp wet garlic or 1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup lowest carb tomato or pizza sauce
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Toppings to taste (I use pepperoni, sausage, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, whatever!)

Preheat oven to 375.
Beat together cream cheese and eggs till smooth.
Add cream, parmesean cheese and spices.

Spray 13x9 glass baking dish with PAM.

Put 2 cups of shredded cheese in dish and pour egg mixture over.

Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.

Remove from oven.

Spread with sauce and then add your toppings.

Cover with mozzarella cheese.

Bake till browning and bubbly (or however you like your pizza!)
Let stand for 5 minutes or so.

I have also made the base and bake it in a 9x13 ceramic dish. It was puffy about one inch thick. Refrigerate. The next day I brought it to room temperature and I put the filling on top and finished cooking it. It was perfect; the base tightened up and became a stiff crust.

I think that making it in a non metal dish is better, the one I made before in a stainless steel dish had a different texture and since glass is hotter it does make the crust crisper.

Annnnd haha you arent botherin me.... its all good.. I AM gonna go Half bun tonight...
its ok...I put 60 min in at the gym this morn...and gonna do 45 in about 2 hours....
so.... I WILL need some carbs..( and it will be only ones of the day...I figure it to be about 15 from that 1/2 bun...

Oh...and well.... the reason we squeeze out as much "liquid" in the morn...is
cuz...well...I pee alot...and that is like...over 20 oz.... so....that is like over 1/2 lb..
I dont want that 1/2 lb showin up....
hmmmmmmm...experiment in the morn....( I mean me ) ...I will weigh....before..
and....weigh after....haha see if there is a .5 lb change...haha...

Then we will know.......!

Ref2010 03-20-2009 12:58 PM

hhhmmmmm....achem....mi' mi' mi......( *about to sing..)

Haaaaapy Birthday to Youuu....Happy Birthday to you....Haaaaappy Birrrthday
dear Lexxxxxxiann...... Haaappy Birthday toooo youuuuu....!!!

Tadah''' Well no need for applause...I will do an encore at 8 pm.....haha...

I hope you have a GREAT Birthday...and a good weekend...( well NOT too good
you better be careful..careful of those carb-laden drinks....!!

lexiann21 03-24-2009 07:59 AM

Ok so this past weekend was ok... I managed not to gain any weight but didn't really lose any either...

At 192 now so thats good i spose... i am worried about going to vegas... i do ok with the food that i order, but sometimes like to have a few bites of my boyfriends food i am going to do my best to keep myself in check.

i leave tomorrow morning so i most likely will not have anymore posts until next week, i can access the website from my blackberry but have a hard time navigating through it. the admins of this need to install low carb friends for blackberrys so i can visit while out of town:)

well anyway until next week... wish me luck on no weight gain while im gone!

breakfast-atkins shake

lunch-low carb cheese burrito

dinner-low carb taco salad... yum!

Tyl 03-24-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 11740294)
Ok so this past weekend was ok... I managed not to gain any weight but didn't really lose any either...

At 192 now so thats good i spose... i am worried about going to vegas... i do ok with the food that i order, but sometimes like to have a few bites of my boyfriends food i am going to do my best to keep myself in check.

i leave tomorrow morning so i most likely will not have anymore posts until next week, i can access the website from my blackberry but have a hard time navigating through it. the admins of this need to install low carb friends for blackberrys so i can visit while out of town:)

well anyway until next week... wish me luck on no weight gain while im gone!

breakfast-atkins shake

lunch-low carb cheese burrito

dinner-low carb taco salad... yum!

I can't wait to hear about your trip. The bf and i decided our vacation this summer (for our birthdays) will be to Vegas!!! So you'll have to tell me all about your trip!

Have fun!!! And happy Belated!:love:

TXLoser 03-24-2009 08:32 AM

HAVE A WONDERFUL VACATION!!!!!!!!!!
:birthday:

Ref2010 03-24-2009 08:59 AM

Tell me about those cyrstal light packs..( I buy the lil cups of the Immunity flavor.. pom/cherry ) love it..!!!
so do you take those out for your drinks !!???? if so...OMG what a great idea !!!! hahaha
YOU ARE GENUIS !!!!

lexiann21 03-24-2009 12:35 PM

Yes its the Crystal lite to go, or snapple to go which i just bought today to take with me to vegas... they are small little pack meant for bottle water. But i just order a vodka and tell them not to put a mixer in cause i brought my own, then sprinkle some of the to go pack in the drink, fill the rest with water and you are good to go... much better for you than drinking diet soda! It gets kinda annoying cause bartenders dont quite understand but once you order your first one they get it!

i also really like vanilla stoli with diet, tastes pretty good!

lexiann21 03-24-2009 12:36 PM

oh ha and thanks for the genius part, i try!

Ref2010 03-24-2009 12:51 PM

Haha...no prob,..!! well you are !! So do the bars have an issue with you bringin
your own mixer... ( or do you just order a glass of water to mix it ?? )
interesting.... I do gotta say....you got it goin on !! haha

well I am sure I wont get to holler back at cha before your trip.....SO HAVE A BLAST
stay away from the Buffets... haha...Oh....and have a great time in your
work-out "classes".....hehe... I want a full detailed report when you get back !!

I will keep your page warm for ya...........

Laterz...
Jarrod

Tyl 03-24-2009 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRod (Post 11741690)
Haha...no prob,..!! well you are !! So do the bars have an issue with you bringin
your own mixer... ( or do you just order a glass of water to mix it ?? )
interesting.... I do gotta say....you got it goin on !! haha

well I am sure I wont get to holler back at cha before your trip.....SO HAVE A BLAST
stay away from the Buffets... haha...Oh....and have a great time in your
work-out "classes".....hehe... I want a full detailed report when you get back !!
I will keep your page warm for ya...........

Laterz...
Jarrod

a report on the "classes"?!?!

Ref2010 03-30-2009 02:40 PM

Jusst swinging by on my pole to keep your journal warm til you get back !!!

lexiann21 04-09-2009 11:46 AM

Sooooo, i have to be honest:( I kinda fell off the diet while on vaca... i was doing so good and then the temptation got the best of me. It came in the form of a giant strawberry dacquiri and then it was all down hill from there...

proud to say i really didnt gain any weight though and i am back on the diet but its a bit harder to say no to temptation then it used to be... everyone welcome me back!

its good to be back

Vegas was a good time, VERY EXPENSIVE stay away from the slot machines!!

Breakfast - atkins shake

lunch LC taco salad

Dinner i am going to try J-rods pizza quiche recipe!

TXLoser 04-09-2009 12:38 PM

Welcome back Lexiann...
sounds like you had a good vacation..and you know what...life happens, it is more important (in my opinion) that you had FUN. Sounds like maybe your wallet came back lighter???

Looks like you are back on plan...and we are here for ya

We are headed to Hustker country Memorial Day weekend..

Ref2010 04-09-2009 02:32 PM

Whaaat ??? you didnt come back a big winner Lexi !! wassup with that !!

Well I wanna say...CONSIDER IT A GIFT....that you didnt gain while on vaca..
then...you did GOOD !! anyone who goes on vaca and NOT gain weight..
then you are a success !!

Welcome Home to you...I mean ....To Us..!! we missed you...

Jarrod

lexiann21 04-10-2009 11:21 AM

Thanks soooo much you guys are awesome!! :) made me feel much better!

TXloser - Glad your making a visit to "The Good Life" for memorial weekend! Should be a nice relaxing weekend everyone will be off work! Skers spring game is next weekend, just went down to the bookstore and got a new husker shirt I'm excited!!

Ref2010 04-10-2009 11:33 AM

I AM SOOO glad you liked it..!! I like it too....
the only thing I can tell you to experiment with is... if you made the "crust"
last night and then put the lil sauce on and fixin's.... and then baked it and ate it..
I notice...the crust is a lil "spongy".... BUT.....if you plan ahead... and make it
and let it cool on the counter for a couple hours or fridge it overnight....
and let it get back to room temp the next day....it cools and settles and
flattens ( the air comes outta the eggs ) and has a better texture....which to some
makes it a better taste.... but I have done that like 2 times... the other 5 times I
have made it I do it all then bake.. ( so ..yes it is like a Quiche and not like a Pizza )

Have a great weekend...STAY TOUGH AND TRUE this weekend...!! Party
time was left in Vegas honey !!!

Hahah...
Jarrod

Tyl 04-10-2009 07:14 PM

Hey Lexi,

Glad you're back on the wagon. And that you had a fun time. I agree that you should feel blessed to have come home without a gain on the scale! Now time to kick it into high gear and drop those pounds! (that was my best attempt at a motivational speech).

tyl

Ref2010 04-19-2009 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 11816093)
Thanks soooo much you guys are awesome!! :) made me feel much better!

TXloser - Glad your making a visit to "The Good Life" for memorial weekend! Should be a nice relaxing weekend everyone will be off work! Skers spring game is next weekend, just went down to the bookstore and got a new husker shirt I'm excited!!

:hiya: :dunno: :hiya: :dunno: :confused: :confused:

Ok............Where are ya ???? hmmmmm.... dont think you are lost..
We are all here waiting for you.......... you need us here...and we need
you here...!

lexiann21 04-28-2009 11:15 AM

Ok I suck and have neglected my page very badly:( I am not going to beat myself up I am just going to try again! :)

I will be back tomorrow and I will be reinducing! YIKES! ha just kidding i am confident should be fairly easy... so i will weigh in tomorrow, then again in 2 weeks and we will see where i am at...

oh ps i started running 3 weeks ago and i entered a race. I have not totally neglected my weight loss goals:) and pretty much have stuck to atkins except a few mishaps here and there:)

TXLoser 04-28-2009 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 11896776)
oh ps i started running 3 weeks ago and i entered a race.

[COLOR="Red"]WOWZA!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!!
nice to see you again
[/COLOR]

Tyl 04-28-2009 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 11896776)
Ok I suck and have neglected my page very badly:( I am not going to beat myself up I am just going to try again! :)

I will be back tomorrow and I will be reinducing! YIKES! ha just kidding i am confident should be fairly easy... so i will weigh in tomorrow, then again in 2 weeks and we will see where i am at...

oh ps i started running 3 weeks ago and i entered a race. I have not totally neglected my weight loss goals:) and pretty much have stuck to atkins except a few mishaps here and there:)

what race did u sign up for!?!?

glad you're back!

lexiann21 04-28-2009 11:33 AM

i heart you all, glad i can always count on everyone still being there!!!!! :)

i entered the havelock charity run (havelock is a historic area of lincoln) there is a 10 k and a 3 k. I entered the 3 k, im currently running 2 miles at about 28-29 minutes (not super fast but oh well) my goal is to finish the race under 24 minutes by June!

Tyl 04-28-2009 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lexiann21 (Post 11896899)
i heart you all, glad i can always count on everyone still being there!!!!! :)

i entered the havelock charity run (havelock is a historic area of lincoln) there is a 10 k and a 3 k. I entered the 3 k, im currently running 2 miles at about 28-29 minutes (not super fast but oh well) my goal is to finish the race under 24 minutes by June!

you can sooooooooo do it! i want to do a 5k by the end of the summer but i haven't found a race yet.