LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2011, 08:10 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
Day 4!

Feeling great today! Maybe its because my jeans are getting too big? Maybe its because its Friday? Maybe its because my life right now is what ive wanted for so long (married to my husband, having our kids), i've got everything i want except the body which i am working on. I can't hate myself as long as im trying right? its when i don't try and have given up when i really feel bad, so as long i as continue to do whats right there will be no stopping me i happy and sad about these jeans they are going to be too big before i know it BUT they are brand new $85.00 jeans! Grr, maybe i can get them taken in??? They are size 20, i have a pair of size 18 the exact same pair so i'll be so happy when i can fit into those. I have two pairs of jeans that i can't currently fit into. Can't wait to try them on and hope they fit very well by christmas! I guess i can try and get these new ones taken in??

well anyway i can tell without the scale that what i've been doing these last four days is working and thats all i need to keep going I am thrilled!! I'll admit only being on day 4 is a little discouraging, i have so many more days to come, BUT i just need to stay positive not only do i have more days to come but they are skinnier days, right?!?!?!!!!

Breakfast
2 sausage patties, one hard boiled egg, one piece of cheddar
snack
4 carbs worth of carrots with ranch or a pickle with sliced turkey
lunch
??? Don't know, we didn't have leftovers from dinner last night, hmmm, maybe a bunless cheeseburger from a restuarant with ceasar salad?
dinner
swiss mushroom chicken with mashed cauliflower
desert
low carb crustless cheesecake

So since its the weekend im not usually very good about posting so we'll see if i make it or not. I will be having some drinks, i know during induction you are not supposed to, but this is how i live my life and its my decision. I'll only be drinking vodka or other hard liquors.

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
lexiann21 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM   #122
Major LCF Poster!

On a side note, i wanted to point out some things ive noticed. I see where us on low carb friends make posts to our journals lets say we started in may, then somehow we got lost and fell off. Could you imagine had we just stayed on how much progress we could have made since May until now, thats 4 months and then some! WOW! That gives me motivation right there, TIME FLIES! Just eat what you are supposed to and nothing else! thats all there is too it! its SO EASY! you'll look back each month and see how much progress you've made and be so very happy!

i don't know about you all but im sick of being that fat girl, and the fatest of all of my friends thats for sure!
Old 09-09-2011, 09:34 AM   #123
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: writermom
Stats: 196/187/145 5'5
WOE: WW PP
Start Date: November 15, 2010
Hi Lexiann,
I totally get where you are coming from. I am sick of being the fat mom. I've fallen off the wagon a few times lately too, but I know I have to keep getting back in the saddle and keep myself in check. I hate drinking water, but I know I have to do it. I also hate that I have a skinny husband who eats whatever he wants, but I have to deal with it.

Congrats on having a baby. Boy or girl? How old?

My daughter just turned 7 last week and is in second grade. She's my motivation to lose this weight so I'm not as tired all the time. She's also my biggest supporter.

Have a great weekend!
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...t-chapter.html
writermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2011, 10:30 AM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Hi writer mom!

lol! those men frusterate me! my hubby isn't skinny BUT hes done low carb before and he didn't do it as strict as i did but still the weight melted off of him. he lost like 25 lbs and EVERYBODY noticed! And he didn't stress about it, nor did he weigh himself everyday, he just ate what he was supposed to (most of the time), he never worried about falling off the wagon and getting back on, im so jealous, basically he didn't obsess and that is exactly what i do lol!

thanks, my baby boy Carter Oscar was born on June 30th, he is 10 weeks old. I was up to 285 with him so at least im not at that, im at 252, at least i was on sunday haven't weighed in since but my clothes already fit looser so yay!!

you have a 7 year old girl? I also have a 5 year old girl

Well one day at a time, heres to us making it back to monday WITHOUT falling off plan, i really don't see how i could, im so focused and determined at this point im not letting anything get in my way!

hope you have a great weekend!
Old 09-11-2011, 05:16 PM   #125
Tyl
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Tyl
Stats: Working on it!
WOE: LC
Start Date: Sept 2008/Again Dec. 30, 2013
yea...men suck like that. bf eats kinda low carb and drops the weight, i have to be fairly strict. but we can do it girl! you are doing great!
Tyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 06:57 AM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

haven't posted since last friday but i knew i wouldn't, not on computer much during the weekends. anyway, had a great weekend, stayed on plan well except for the few drinks i had. But thats my life, so i'll just have to include those on everything. Anyway i think i lost about 6 lbs, would like to be out of the 240's before sept is over!!! My goal of 220 by dec 1st doesn't seem like im on pace for that BUT hopefully when my gym opens up i can work out and help move things along. I want to get my work outs done in the morning but i know that will be hard. I have a newborn and he is still waking up at 330am. ugh! So i guess i'll have to try and do it after work when my hubby gets home = late dinner for everyone! My goal is three times per week so i'll have to really try to get in on the weekends for sure! Well weigh in day is one week from today, that would be great if i could be under 240 by then!! we'll see!

menu for today
breakfast - mexican fudge (its an egg dish with green salsa and cheese)
snack - carrots with ranch
lunch - broccoli hamb alfredo casserole
dinner - cheesy ham and "potato" casserole
desert - i need to make a new cheesecake either that or diet pop
Old 09-13-2011, 07:52 AM   #127

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
So nice to see you back posting again

Congrats on the marriage and new addition to the family!!!
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #128
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLoser View Post
So nice to see you back posting again

Congrats on the marriage and new addition to the family!!!
Thank you!! Did you never leave or recently come back?
Old 09-13-2011, 08:57 AM   #129

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
I never left.......

Still here, still trying to lose
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 09:07 AM   #130
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Hey Lexi !!!

Yes I am back...found my way back..! I have been doing well and sticking to
plan the last 15 months...and well I am at 100 lbs lost....so that makes me happy.
I still have 30 to go....(to goal )
WOW...how are you !! I see you had your baby !! annnd now you did marry your
ex-bf (of course he is ex..cuz he is now your Dh !! ) haha that is AWESOME
congrats to you !!!!

I hope you have a great and successful week !!!!!

Jarrod
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 10:08 AM   #131
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXLoser View Post
I never left.......

Still here, still trying to lose
Thats awesome, how great for you! I think thats better then what i did, although i have a good excuse, can't diet while preggers lol anyway good job!!
Old 09-13-2011, 10:10 AM   #132
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Hey Lexi !!!

Yes I am back...found my way back..! I have been doing well and sticking to
plan the last 15 months...and well I am at 100 lbs lost....so that makes me happy.
I still have 30 to go....(to goal )
WOW...how are you !! I see you had your baby !! annnd now you did marry your
ex-bf (of course he is ex..cuz he is now your Dh !! ) haha that is AWESOME
congrats to you !!!!

I hope you have a great and successful week !!!!!

Jarrod
Thats awesome Jarrod! 15 months of lowcarbing, i don't know what thats like i think the longest i did maybe was 6/7 months! I plan to do it much longer this time around like for life lol 30 lbs from your goal weight is fantastic!

Yup married and new baby, thats my excuse for weighing 15 lbs more than my start weight when i did atkins in '08, i think the "baby weight" excuse is good for a year and i am at least trying to do something about it!!

well again so good to see my old friends here again!
Old 09-13-2011, 11:13 AM   #133

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Lexi- I restarted last year on my son's B-day why I picked a day of cake I don't know, I was 305 pounds, now I am 203, it is amazing how quickly a year goes and how fast you can change your body! I lost 70 pounds in 2005, and then ate and restarted, ate and restarted I said this time it has to be for good, I gained 40 of those first 70 back in no time! It really does get easier if you make it a lifestyle! I am trying to reach 150 pounds lost by my wedding next month, its been a journey to say the least!
Old 09-13-2011, 12:44 PM   #134
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Lexi- I restarted last year on my son's B-day why I picked a day of cake I don't know, I was 305 pounds, now I am 203, it is amazing how quickly a year goes and how fast you can change your body! I lost 70 pounds in 2005, and then ate and restarted, ate and restarted I said this time it has to be for good, I gained 40 of those first 70 back in no time! It really does get easier if you make it a lifestyle! I am trying to reach 150 pounds lost by my wedding next month, its been a journey to say the least!
That is so awesome!!! i don't know why you picked a day with cake either lol!!! What are you eating usually, like how many carbs, are you still induction level? I don't have a hard time sticking with induction levels, actually i find it easier just to try eat less carbs. You are working out too? I will be exercising this time (my gym opens next week) last time i didnt really work out, but im motivated to work out so im going with it! Congrats on your upcoming nuptials! that is so exciting, and GREAT JOB! Could you imagine getting married at your previous weight? I bet you just feel SO much better!
You'll have to try and keep motivated after your wedding passes, i know for me once my "event" that i was trying to lose for came and went it was much harder for me to stay on plan. I really just want to get this weight off and then stick to like 75 grams of carbs per day with exercise just to maintain the weightloss. Thats my ideal!

i really hope i can look back like you next year weighing 100 lbs less than i do now, thats my ultimate goal
Old 09-13-2011, 12:46 PM   #135
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
That is so awesome!!! i don't know why you picked a day with cake either lol!!! What are you eating usually, like how many carbs, are you still induction level? I don't have a hard time sticking with induction levels, actually i find it easier just to try eat less carbs. You are working out too? I will be exercising this time (my gym opens next week) last time i didnt really work out, but im motivated to work out so im going with it! Congrats on your upcoming nuptials! that is so exciting, and GREAT JOB! Could you imagine getting married at your previous weight? I bet you just feel SO much better!
You'll have to try and keep motivated after your wedding passes, i know for me once my "event" that i was trying to lose for came and went it was much harder for me to stay on plan. I really just want to get this weight off and then stick to like 75 grams of carbs per day with exercise just to maintain the weightloss. Thats my ideal!

i really hope i can look back like you next year weighing 100 lbs less than i do now, thats my ultimate goal
Old 09-13-2011, 12:50 PM   #136
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Chan I was just thinking about you! I was going to message you on facebook and make sure you were doing good, and kicking butt!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:02 PM   #137
Tyl

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
Chan I was just thinking about you! I was going to message you on facebook and make sure you were doing good, and kicking butt!
Hey girl! I'm doing good and kicking butt! keeping it simple!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:11 PM   #138
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyl View Post
Hey girl! I'm doing good and kicking butt! keeping it simple!
Ok good, yes simple is the way to be!
Old 09-13-2011, 05:58 PM   #139

Lexi I was sticking to induction levels when I started in Jan I joined the gym begrudgingly, best thing I did, I hid upstairs and did the elliptical I was 265 pounds, in May after my arm surgery I got a trainer and got serious about lifting, started couch to 5K in May, I started following the BFFM plan, it really sucks but I was losing and my body really changed, exercise is the best thing! I wish their was a magic wand really I do but it all comes down to consistency and diet and exercise! I am torn now if I do low carb I cant seem to have the energy but I like the weight loss, I have not weighed under 200 pounds in 30 years, so I really want to get there!From 210- now has been hell!!!! Its like give me 3 pounds already!!!!! I signed up for a tough mudder 5K in Nov I figure that will keep me running after the wedding I need to find goals to keep me motivated, LOL

I am getting my stomach and boobs fixed in the Spring and would really love to get to 175 by then, 198 was my doctors goal but I think I can get lower, I am mainly focused on the exercise though!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 09:34 AM   #140
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Lexi I was sticking to induction levels when I started in Jan I joined the gym begrudgingly, best thing I did, I hid upstairs and did the elliptical I was 265 pounds, in May after my arm surgery I got a trainer and got serious about lifting, started couch to 5K in May, I started following the BFFM plan, it really sucks but I was losing and my body really changed, exercise is the best thing! I wish their was a magic wand really I do but it all comes down to consistency and diet and exercise! I am torn now if I do low carb I cant seem to have the energy but I like the weight loss, I have not weighed under 200 pounds in 30 years, so I really want to get there!From 210- now has been hell!!!! Its like give me 3 pounds already!!!!! I signed up for a tough mudder 5K in Nov I figure that will keep me running after the wedding I need to find goals to keep me motivated, LOL

I am getting my stomach and boobs fixed in the Spring and would really love to get to 175 by then, 198 was my doctors goal but I think I can get lower, I am mainly focused on the exercise though!!!!
Thanks for the info! That is so awesome! I really am motivated, im excited and ready to get to the gym and start working out. 3x per week is my goal for now, i want to do 30/45 minutes of cardio ie eliptical etc and then spend some time doing weights, i'll alternate my arms and legs. After i do that for awhile i plan to take some classes maybe one class per week so that i am working out then 4x per week. Zumba, maybe spinning, things like that. I eventually want to end up at 5-6x per week but don't want to burn myself out so im starting out slow.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:00 AM   #141
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Wednesday! I drank a bit last night, im struggling a little bit with the decision to do that, but I feel like I shouldn't completly change my lifestyle and not have any fun anymore. My goal is to not drink during the week but we got an invite out to dinner so i had a crown and diet and a glass of pinot noir. I guess the reason im struggling with it is that i don't want it to kick me out of my fat burning mode in addition to that thats really the only thing that I am "cheating" on, when it comes to food im not cheating at all. I just need to be realistic and accept that my social life is important to me and it will not hinder me from my overall goal it just may slow it down. I think once i start exercising hopefully that will counteract any zero carb booze i may drink. And i know i really have to watch it with the wine/beer! Ok im done!

Breakfast
3 sausage patties a piece of cheese
lunch
leftover pot roast and hamb broc casserole
dinner
cheesy ham and "potato" casserole

I did some online shopping today for some new Husker gear, i was looking at a long sleeve t-shirt and wondering "would the XL fit me?" because they didn't have an XXL size which would have fit. Well i decided it wouldn't fit so I didn't get it. Jeeze i'm excited just to fit into XL clothes, which to my defense when it comes to shopping in the ladies section those sports tees are pretty fitted so i don't feel as bad BUT still, UGH who wants to look forward to fitting in XL??? lol!! Can't wait to look forward to fitting in medium!! lol!!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:14 PM   #142
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
Hey Lexi!!! I was just stopping by your journal to say hello!!! Seems like you are on a good path... Keep it up girl!! I can't wait to fit in a MEDIUM either!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:38 PM   #143
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
Hey Lexi!!! I was just stopping by your journal to say hello!!! Seems like you are on a good path... Keep it up girl!! I can't wait to fit in a MEDIUM either!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Thanks! Same to you!! We can do it!! Lol on the medium comment!!
Old 09-14-2011, 02:33 PM   #144

I bought 2 Eagles shirts that are medium and I made everyone look at the tag on Friday, LOL I remember in Jan I could fit into 18's at Old Navy I went out to my car and bawled, the first time buying something not tent sized in a store that didnt have plus sizes!!!! I remember that day so well!!! I still cry when I buy stuff!!!! Me and Victoria Secret clothing are in a love affair right now, I love their clothes cause it fits us curvy girls, and its still sexy!!! I remember in Feb I hit 100 pounds lost and my boss said soon you will be shopping at the 5-7-9 store and I was like yeah right!!!! THen the PS told me yesterday when he removes my stomach skin I might be an 8, I was like single digit?????????? Are you for real? Get this hacked off stat!!!! LOL I am trying to lose at least another 25-30 before surgery, my arms were sort of premature but I needed time to heal for the wedding! So I am in this for a long haul, cause its not coming off too quickly now! I want all you girls to have that thrill and you will!!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:06 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lisa Darby
Stats: 159.6/141.2/140 5'-2"
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Starting anew, 1/3/11
Hi Lexi - You are doing great!!! Do you buy pre-packaged sausage patties? Or do you make your own? I love sausage patties, but I don't have time to cook them in the morning before work. Can't wait to hear how you do when your batteries come in for your scale!!! Good Luck!!!!
Lisa Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 04:59 PM   #146

Lisa- Bob Evans has good ones and so does Wally world in the frozen section, it takes like a minute in the micro!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:44 AM   #147
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I bought 2 Eagles shirts that are medium and I made everyone look at the tag on Friday, LOL I remember in Jan I could fit into 18's at Old Navy I went out to my car and bawled, the first time buying something not tent sized in a store that didnt have plus sizes!!!! I remember that day so well!!! I still cry when I buy stuff!!!! Me and Victoria Secret clothing are in a love affair right now, I love their clothes cause it fits us curvy girls, and its still sexy!!! I remember in Feb I hit 100 pounds lost and my boss said soon you will be shopping at the 5-7-9 store and I was like yeah right!!!! THen the PS told me yesterday when he removes my stomach skin I might be an 8, I was like single digit?????????? Are you for real? Get this hacked off stat!!!! LOL I am trying to lose at least another 25-30 before surgery, my arms were sort of premature but I needed time to heal for the wedding! So I am in this for a long haul, cause its not coming off too quickly now! I want all you girls to have that thrill and you will!!!!
Ok so you've lost 150lbs in one year not just 100??? WOW thats AMAZING, i thought 100 was amazing in a year but 100 is phenomenol! Anyway yea i do know how that feels and I love it! I love how i look in photos and everything... my avatar photo im at like 225 i think so only 20 lbs from where i am now, just too lazy to change it I really hold my weight well i think, its proportionate (is that even a word??lol) anyway that IS one thing i am happy for and i WILL compliment myself since i am so used to saying things i don't like i will say something i do like about me

I have a pair of 18's silvers that i am dying to wear. I can put them on but they are tight and barely button. i can't wait until they look good on me!! Thats my first goal is to look good in those
Old 09-15-2011, 11:45 AM   #148
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa Darby View Post
Hi Lexi - You are doing great!!! Do you buy pre-packaged sausage patties? Or do you make your own? I love sausage patties, but I don't have time to cook them in the morning before work. Can't wait to hear how you do when your batteries come in for your scale!!! Good Luck!!!!
Thank you so much! I buy the prepackaged ones that are pre cooked and you can just heat them up, they are one carb per serving... Im thinking about buying some raw little sizzlers and making them then warming them up over a few days. If the carb count is lower I will do that not sure yet tho. I know I can't wait either, I have no idea when they are coming the website i ordered them from is weird and provides like zero information!
Old 09-15-2011, 11:48 AM   #149
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I will be bawling when I can get out of this 18!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 11:52 AM   #150
Major LCF Poster!

Thursday, yay, almost Friday! Today is going great! Glad tomorrow is Friday! So there is this benefit Gala in my city Jan 28, 2012, its for the Lied center which is a performing arts sort of deal, for example ballets come there and musical acts, etc. Anyway, I really want to go, and I hope by then that i will be able to buy a really pretty fancy dress (its called the black and white ball and its black tie) and that I'll look great in it. Im super excited. Hmm how much can I lose by then do you think? Better yet what size can I fit into. I would be perfectly happy with fitting into a size 14 dress... We'll see.

Breakfast
scrambled eggs, 2 sausage patties and coffee with cream from mcdonalds
lunch
leftover Cheesy ham and "potato" casserole = YUMMY!
Dinner
Either cheese and broc casserole or enchilada bake
desert
LC crustless cheesecake.