Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 07:41 AM   #721
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: lexiann21
Stats: 256/215.6/175
WOE: Intermittent Fasting
Start Date: March 2013
whoo hoo weight today 221.6 down 2 lbs since last friday AND only 1.8 away from my lowest! yea buddy. two bootcamps in two days really helped get things into shape! today is a rest day (trust me my legs need it) tomorrow morning is elliptical, then sat and sunday is back to the gym. feeling good, and glad im taking my challenge seriously. I want to see some amazing results by the end of these 8 weeks!

kids have swimming lessons tonight, it'll be carters first lesson, im excited but nervous that he'll be too chicken to swim with a stranger. we'll see. luckily his sister will be in the pool right next to him taking her lessons. gotta make my menu for the weekend and next week. might work on that today/tomorrow.

current weight
215.6 as of 08/08/2014
End of August = 210 or less
End of October = 200 or less
End of December = 190 or less
End of February = 180 or less
End of April = 170 or less
lexiann21 is online now   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2013, 06:42 AM   #722
Major LCF Poster!

weight today 221.2 1.4 lbs away from my lowest. maybe next week i'll actually be able to track a loss for the first time since the beginning of the month. I got up and did my elliptical workout this am even tho i didn't want to. not as tough of a workout as bootcamp but still better than nothing, i did some free weights too. 8 lb weights 50 arm curls, 50 shoulder presses and 50 overhead tricep dips. Not sure if i'll make my goal of 205. to be honest i'll be happy with under 210 by then... we'll see. the workouts WILL change my body even if the scale doesn't change and thats all i need to remember.
Old 06-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #723
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jayce
Stats: 255/214.8/212 MG# 1
WOE: Calorie Tracking & Exercise
I like the new avi, Lexi...cute! Congrats on your great choices this week -- I'm gonna channel some of that exercise mojo to get my booty back in gear. Hehe...

Happy FRIDAY!
Jayce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 10:59 AM   #724
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce View Post
I like the new avi, Lexi...cute! Congrats on your great choices this week -- I'm gonna channel some of that exercise mojo to get my booty back in gear. Hehe...

Happy FRIDAY!
Thank you!!!

get it girl! This "challenge" i've given myself is really helping motivate me. im thinking of it as temporary, lets be honest its not temporary if i want to keep losing but i'm hoping once the 8 weeks are up that it'll just be engraved in my person lol.

you're good, you'll get that workout in tonight and try and get at least one in this weekend!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:26 AM   #725
Major LCF Poster!

Weight from Friday 221.2 weight today 221.0, lost .2 over the weekend! which is GREAT! i'll take not gaining over a weekend ANY DAY! im going to try for a loss of 2 lbs from last weeks weigh in, that would put me at 219.2 which would be my lowest yet!

I completed my first full week of my 8 week challenge. I worked out 5 times and 4 were gym workouts! Today is a rest day then im back at it tomorrow.

i'm really tired today, i want to go home and sleep!!!

My sons bday party is sat. im going to get fat free hot dogs for myself and low fat buns and i'll have a small piece of cake and take it easy on the cocktails. I just have to get through that, gmas birthday party, the 4th of July and not cheat but then the following sat is the bieber concert so i'll be having a planned cheat that night!
Old 06-24-2013, 07:40 AM   #726
Major LCF Poster!

WTG on completing your first challenge week's workouts! Proud of you, girly!

I agree that you've gotta have some planned cheats, especially around holidays. Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.
Old 06-24-2013, 09:20 AM   #727
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
WTG on completing your first challenge week's workouts! Proud of you, girly!

I agree that you've gotta have some planned cheats, especially around holidays. Sounds like you've got a good plan in place.
thank you, im pretty proud of myself! if i think about it, its only 4 hours/week at the gym and 30-45 minutes at home on elliptical and weight lifting. Thats hardly anytime at all and i have no reason nor excuse not to do it!

yea thats kinda going to be our family "vacation" if you will, this summer, plus were going to this amazing Louisiana restaurant and i AM eating a beignet! and having drinks and dont want to be so consumed with tracking. but i wont go overboard either.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #728
Major LCF Poster!

weight last weigh in 221.2 weight today 220.4 .6 away from my lowest!!!!

i don't have alot to say, going to bootcamp tonight and tomorrow night, my younger brother is going to come to, he'll get a free week at the gym. im interested to see what he thinks about it. he stays in decent shape but i think its been awhile since hes worked out. hes being a little cocky about it so i hope it kicks his butt. hehe.

im hoping to see 218 on friday then the following week im not expecting a loss but hoping i can maintain. I have thursday and friday off so i'll be getting in workouts monday-sat... i should be able to maintain on that well i gues i'll get back to work
Old 06-25-2013, 08:26 AM   #729
Major LCF Poster!

GOSH I REALLY JUST WANT TO SEE ONEDERLAND!!!! If i can maintain next week and then continue to lose 2lbs/week i should be in onederland by the first weekend of sept. thats a little over two months from now. just in time for football season. UGH that brings a whole new stress level seeing as we love to drink on game day!!!!

Last edited by lexiann21; 06-25-2013 at 08:29 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 06:36 AM   #730
Major LCF Poster!

SO CHECK ME OUT!! 218.6 this morning baybee!! i didn't even see 219! 1.8 lbs overnight! I am KILLIN IT at the gym so this is my result! Hoping these workouts will just help the fat melt away!
Old 06-26-2013, 07:29 AM   #731
Major LCF Poster!

Wow! Go, you!!!

I need to know what you're eating on a typical basis...lol.

I've gotta re-evaluate some things -- think I need to be a bit stricter.
Old 06-26-2013, 09:06 AM   #732
Major LCF Poster!

I follow my WW plan. im just trying to eat cleaner and get protein in at meals and snacks

typical week day

BREAKFAST-egg whites and 2point greek yogurt (the yoplait 100) OR whole wheat english muffins, ham, green pep, onion, pepperjack cheese and egg sandwich. with fruit

snack-greek yogurt or one point string cheese(protein), maybe raw carrots

lunch 4 oz of lean protein-chicken, steak etc, a complex carb (red potatoes, sweet potato, or wild rice (1/2 cup) and a veggie. Lean cuisine if im busy but im trying to stay away from processed foods

snack - one scoop protein powder with water on workout days on non workout days string cheese and fruit or greek yogurt

post workout 1/2-1 additional scoop of protein powder

dinner - 4oz lean protein (fish, chicken, beef, etc) and a veggie. sometimes no complex carb but i might have some cheese

dessert-1/2 cup cottage cheese (protein) and 1/2 cup diced pineapple (carb)

and viola even with all that i still have a hard time getting all my points... im never starving and im not depriving myself.

on the weekends i don't do "clean" but still follow my points, i make skinny casseroles and have frozen meals etc, it feels like i'm indulging but i'm really not. and i try not to drink but drinking happens sometimes

if i weren't working out as much as i am i don't think i'd be having the results ive been having...

Last edited by lexiann21; 06-26-2013 at 09:09 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:11 AM   #733
Major LCF Poster!

i would just focus on getting proteins in each meal/snack and when you do eat carbs make sure they are complex carbs... im not carb counting at all. just eating the right kind of carbs. veggies and fruit are free so i eat way more fruit than i use to. really helps keep me full.

and sometimes i snack on this or that. like last night i had ONE birthday cake oreo. after a workout doing that has no effect on me. but just one, not 12 lol. i like the WW cakes and cookies too. and i buy like mini snickers ice cream bars for dessert say on a weekend. i'll have two and thats it.

i feel like i finally "get it" im not depriving myself of anything, im eating actual food and i have the freedom to eat what i want within reason and portion control. no food is off limits for me. and im getting the exercise in which is JUST as important. wish i'd figured this out 15 years ago. oh well i still have 10 years in my 30s to enjoy and i want to make them awesome (and thin) haha.

if its not sustainable long term you will fail, there is no doubt in my mind about that.

Last edited by lexiann21; 06-26-2013 at 09:13 AM..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:44 AM   #734
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks a bunch for posting in depth! I appreciate it. What I'm eating is normally pretty similar, except I don't think I'm eating enough protein. I may have to supplement more with my whey protein powder.

I'm considering walking every morning before work...I think that alone might jump start me a bit.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:54 AM   #735
Major LCF Poster!

you're welcome!! they say you're supposed to eat half your body weight in grams of protein.

do you have a pedometer? set yourself a july goal to hit 10,000 steps everyday!
Old 06-26-2013, 11:31 AM   #736
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiann21 View Post
you're welcome!! they say you're supposed to eat half your body weight in grams of protein.

do you have a pedometer? set yourself a july goal to hit 10,000 steps everyday!
Yea, that's what I've heard too re: the protein -- it's hard to get in that much! That's why I'm thinking I'll need to have shakes more often...or cottage cheese.

I had a pedometer, but it died. *sad face*
Old 06-26-2013, 11:50 AM   #737
Major LCF Poster!

it is hard. two scoops of my protein powder contain 48 grams tho!! i drink one an hour for my pre-workout and immediately after for my post workout recovery

you should get another one for your morning walks. i joined a walking club at my office, we'll have goals, they are paying for half of our pedometers too
Old 06-26-2013, 01:32 PM   #738
Major LCF Poster!

I may see if I can download an app on my phone to keep track of my steps and/or miles...

That's cool that your job is paying towards the pedometers!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:10 AM   #739
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
I may see if I can download an app on my phone to keep track of my steps and/or miles...

That's cool that your job is paying towards the pedometers!

yea ive never worn a pedometer before but i figure a little extra motivation cannot hurt!!
Old 06-27-2013, 06:12 AM   #740
Major LCF Poster!

holy crap! weight today 217.8! i cannot believe it! I'm down another .8 from yesterday and 3.4 from friday! wow, if i can keep this up i'll be under 200 in no time!!! woo! No workout today, its a rest day, and my lower back and knees are thanking me lol. Leaving work early today for a dr appt, then taking my daughter to get a new pair of shoes and then the kiddos have swimming lessons. after that going home to make dinner. we're having fish, garlic cooked carrots and white beans. keeping it light for tomorrows official weigh in!
Old 06-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #741
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Jenmay78
Stats: 284.6/237.8/199
WOE: Weight loss surgery/JUDDD
Start Date: June 10, 2013
Hi Lexi

i just read through your journal and I must say you have definitely come a long way! You really have the heart and courage of a lioness I am so glad you found my journal. I hope you continue to post because it truly helps you remember your goals and track your goals. Every time I leave my journal or stop posting...I gain so much weight. Booze...oh, booze is my down fall. i love wine and beer...I'm not able to stop at 1 glass of wine though...i want the entire bottle. So tell me are you still doing the 5:2 it sounds like you fast still, but not entirely sure. The WW is certainly working for you and reading about your workouts inspired me. I so desperately want to work out. I keep telling myself to wait until I'm under 250.

Keep posting and I'll definitely keep you company

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...g-journey.html
Jenmay78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 07:39 AM   #742
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenmay78 View Post
Hi Lexi

i just read through your journal and I must say you have definitely come a long way! You really have the heart and courage of a lioness I am so glad you found my journal. I hope you continue to post because it truly helps you remember your goals and track your goals. Every time I leave my journal or stop posting...I gain so much weight. Booze...oh, booze is my down fall. i love wine and beer...I'm not able to stop at 1 glass of wine though...i want the entire bottle. So tell me are you still doing the 5:2 it sounds like you fast still, but not entirely sure. The WW is certainly working for you and reading about your workouts inspired me. I so desperately want to work out. I keep telling myself to wait until I'm under 250.

Keep posting and I'll definitely keep you company

Thank you so much Jen!! Thats so nice of you! I agree, its a pattern i've noticed, when i stop posting is when you know my motivation is gone and i slowly slip away and boom im back 6 months later and 30 lbs heavier its a horrible cycle that I hope i am finally breaking. Im the same way as you are with alcohol, i figure whats the point if i can't have as much as i want! What i ended up doing is severly cutting back. I tried to do every other saturday when i let myself drink and try to avoid it completely on the weekends that i dont drink. It truly does affect the scale.

I gave 5:2 a break at the end of May, it totally helped me, but started to make me feel restless and anxious on my fast days and i didn't like that feeling. So now i've dedicated myself to 5 intense workouts minimum each week, i rest on mondays and thursdays. Im hoping the working out will at least give me the 2 lbs/a week i want in addition to my WW. Im not afraid to try 5:2 again. Maybe if i hit a stall i'll give it another go around. It really worked!

WW has been amazing for me, i don't feel like im dieting, i feel like its something i can do the rest of my life, i don't feel restricted or anything. Im trying to lose weight the good old fashioned way. I'm not in a hurry and i know its not a race. I know if i keep this up i will succeed, i just have to trust and believe in myself, and right now i do.

thanks for your kind words, they really mean ALOT!!!!

Last edited by lexiann21; 06-28-2013 at 07:40 AM..
Old 06-28-2013, 07:47 AM   #743
Major LCF Poster!

Weight today 219.2, so officially 2 lbs down from last friday. I guess my awesome losses on wednesday and thurdays were just water and im ok with that. Water is such a pesky jerk, i hate the fake gains/loses. Anyway 2 lbs/week is healthiest anyway. if i were losing more than that i'd be worried i wasn't eating enough and damaging my body and my metabolism.

I was totally body centric this am, got up and did 30 on my elliptical, then i shaved, exfoliated, showered and spray tanned myself haha. Gonna be with family tomorrow and at the pool on sunday so figured i'd try to make my skin look the best that i could.

today began my long strech of workouts. I wont have a rest day until next sunday. but i've got to do it with all the birthday parties and what not that i have coming up... trying to prevent gains this next week.

sat-CoreX
sunday-bootcamp
Monday-Bootcamp
Tuesday-Elliptical
Wednesday-KickboxingX
Thurday-Bootcamp
Friday-Elliptical
Saturday-Bootcamp

PHEW then saturday night im going to partae with my 7 year old and justin bieber haha!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:25 AM   #744
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Lexi!! Your losses are perfect. It's the HCG and Fast Loss diets that tease us into thinking that is normal. Slow and steady is better plus you are uber active. Don't worry about the number...focus on fitting into a new size. I love the regime you went through with your body centric. Great energy comes from us when we care for our bodies inside and out. So, I am jealous that you are going to see the Biebes! Have fun!!
Old 06-28-2013, 09:32 AM   #745
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Hi Lexi!! Your losses are perfect. It's the HCG and Fast Loss diets that tease us into thinking that is normal. Slow and steady is better plus you are uber active. Don't worry about the number...focus on fitting into a new size. I love the regime you went through with your body centric. Great energy comes from us when we care for our bodies inside and out. So, I am jealous that you are going to see the Biebes! Have fun!!
Yup, im going to a wedding in august, going to try on dresses at the end of July. That's motivating me to look my best by then! going to try on size 14 dresses at that time. hoping for at least another 8 lbs by then gone.

lol @ the beebs comment. Honestly it should be pretty fun, my daughter will love it and i'll get to have cocktails haha! Our hotel is connected to the arena, so we'll just walk a skywalk across to get there and to get back to the room. PERFECT. we planned this in January, time flies, i can't believe its already next weekend!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #746
Major LCF Poster!

Ohhhh....i'm so excited for you and your daughter. i have a bit of a crush on him I'm not a cougar...I'm a bobcat aka cougar in training. LOL!! You can do it! Size 14 is no issue for you. Have fun at the concert...the way you have the arena and hotel planned is stellar!! Wow, i'm right there with you. I shall be having so wine tonight. Kept my cals low for a little indulgence...heehee...I'm a serious wino; i have issues
Old 06-28-2013, 10:47 AM   #747
Major LCF Poster!

Can't help myself....
Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo

Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #748
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Ohhhh....i'm so excited for you and your daughter. i have a bit of a crush on him I'm not a cougar...I'm a bobcat aka cougar in training. LOL!! You can do it! Size 14 is no issue for you. Have fun at the concert...the way you have the arena and hotel planned is stellar!! Wow, i'm right there with you. I shall be having so wine tonight. Kept my cals low for a little indulgence...heehee...I'm a serious wino; i have issues
to be honest i have NO clue what size i am, but im guessing in dresses at least im between a 14 and 16. i know if i can get under 210 then a 14 should fit... i could be way off tho. guess i wont know until i go try them on

yea we used priceline and got like $100 off, actually it was pure luck that we got that hotel, BUT there are only like 2 four star hotels in Omaha NE so it was either that one or another one that is my fav and i would have been ok there too.

no wine for me tonight BUT i planned a specialty martini for me tomorrow night while our families are over to celebrate my baby boys 2nd bday. Im going to use the smirnoff light sorbet (either the lemon or rasp pom) the shake it with diet cranberry, pour in martini glass and fill with club soda and garnish with frozen raspberries yum!!!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:10 AM   #749
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Can't help myself....
Baby, baby, baby oooh
Like baby, baby, baby nooo

lol!! that reminds me of a time i was getting my nails done and the little girls in the salon had that song on REPEAT! 45 minutes of "baby baby baby ooooh"
Old 06-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #750
Major LCF Poster!

so i was going through my journal and realized that from like fall of 2011 until just this spring i was yo-yoing from 230s-250s... i dont EVER EVER EVER want to see those numbers again. Kinda makes me sick and pissed at myself for not getting it together. seriously girl?!?! UGH! id go down, then i'd go up, then down, then up. i guess at least i can say for this year i can say i haven't seen 250. i better never see that number again. i better get to onederland in sept. and to under 180 by jan! DARNIT!

ok im done just needed to vent/rant. never have i been so mad at myself before lol.