Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2013, 04:14 AM   #181
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Alisa I am glad you posted!! I hope you can continue to improve, I remember that gas issue with my c-section, OMG that was painful!!!! I am praying for you and I was out shopping on Friday and thinking OMG Alisa is having surgery!!!!! Get better so you can get home!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2013, 05:59 AM   #182
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: GailyGail
Stats: 200/170/130
Start Date: January 2, 2012
Alisa, hang in there honey -- it will get better! The days just after surgery are rough but ultimately you will be really happy with the results. We are all rooting for you!
GailyGail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 03:30 AM   #183

Hey hun hope you are recovering at home and feeling ok! Thinking of you
Old 12-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #184
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
Thanks, guys! I'm actually great! When i wake up tomorrow, and it'll have been a week already! I'm hovering at 17 lbs down, up and about more and more with walking. First three days were challenging. Past three days have been good ones though! Amber, your sis has a week to go!
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #185

Yes she is getting nervous and not liking her liquid pre diet, she is whiny already! OMG 17 pounds in a week, I would be freaking thrilled!!!! You should take weekly pictures of yourself to see all the changes when you are all skinny and hot by summer!
Old 12-07-2013, 05:52 AM   #186
Major LCF Poster!

Alisa, that is GREAT news! The weight is literally melting off of you. So happy and excited for you! I agree with Amber: please post photos.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #187
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks guys! I couldn't take photos of myself so i propped up the phone and turned on the camera while i turned front, side, and center. I have to capture stills out of that. There might be good pics on hubby's phone too. I've been in the habit to delete or photoshop my own pictures! It's horrible but I do! Once i start losing weight, no more of that!

I think I'll be in the 180's in a day or two! 19 lbs down this AM. This is so crazy! I went to a work christmas party and got there late, had to sit at a less populated table with clients instead of coworkers, and got away with nobody noticing me not eating! Didn't even need to use my practiced excuses! I didn't even feel deprived like I do eating zero carbs sometimes. I was happy to be out for grown up time. Should've snapped a pic!

Tell sis to just keep swimming right now-- that hunger will be gone like magic after surgery. There's plenty else to whine about at first, after surgery, like all of that trapped air, OMG, but not hunger =)

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Old 12-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #188
Major LCF Poster!

Ok. Try this again! Official before surgery pics. Taken 11/27. 210 lbs, 5'4".

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...EF9CDBF34D.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...C3EC25F9D2.jpg

Last edited by Matrigna; 12-09-2013 at 06:48 PM.. Reason: Pictures didn't work
Old 12-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #189
Major LCF Poster!

I can't believe by tomorrow I'll probably be an even 25 lbs down!

I've had some issues of the in-the-restroom-way-too-much kind this week but it's nothing bad, just annoying. I'm troubleshooting... I think I just can't do artificial sweeteners right now, which makes drinking sweet protein drinks a no-no tomorrow, so I can test that theory. Today is two weeks since coming home from the hospital already, so I move to the "Week 3" ring of my nutritionist's plan. I had half of an egg just now (first solid food!) and, so far, so good. I can try canned salmon or tuna and half-eggs this week. Maybe my tummy just needs solid foods, at this point. Still getting in all my protein and vitamins, but they have artificial sweeteners in them! Ugh!

I've been walking the most gorgeous 1 mile route the past few days. Gonna step it up this week!

Back to driving into the office tomorrow. I hope to god my stomach behaves!!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:33 AM   #190

Alisa- sorry hun we were in NYC this weekend, I wanted to fill you in on my sister! She is doing OK, she is a total whiner so she is like my incisions heart, they are laprascopic, LOL And the gas pain and gurgling, she said though she was so hungry those weeks before surgery and now she has zero hunger and watching the kids eat or commercials do not phase her at all! She is having trouble getting 64 ounces of liquid down, amazing!

It sounds like you are doing great! She is taking 6 weeks off, I said good lord you are not going to need that, like I said she is a whiner! LOL

Alisa, I always thought you were so beautiful, and I dont even think you look that heavy in your photos, so I cant imagine the sex kitten youa re going to be in a few months! Watching all this is amazing, I am not sure what my sister weighs she is very short like 5'2 I am guessing she is 250-260 maybe? She is thinking she will be 130 when she is done I think the removing the hormone that makes you hungry is amazing!!!!!!

I am glad you are doing well!!!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:58 AM   #191
Major LCF Poster!

Alisa, I agree with Amber. You are drop dead gorgeous and don't even look heavy in your older photos. You are going to look even more beautiful in a little bit of time. Glad you are doing well and keep up the good work. I know it must be hard but you are awfully strong and brave.
Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #192
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both so much! I can't wait to start looking trim and tone!

It hasn't been too bad, actually. It's an adjustment for sure, but I know this is a healing period and the inconveniences and annoyances aren't forever, just for now. Pretty soon, I hope to start seeing the big benefits of this, and I know that will make it all worth it! Today is day 17 and I'm down 25 lbs. I'm up to the 1.36 mile trail at the rec center. I'm really surprised I have any energy at all, let alone a little more since before surgery. I measured last Thursday, just my neck, waist, and hips, and I was down 1/2" each in my neck and waist and 1" in my hips.

Amber, I'm glad you had a fun weekend, and I'm glad your sis is okay. The gurgling will go away when she walks the gas away. I know everyone is different, but I bet she'll be WAY recovered in six weeks! LOL! They say it usually takes about two. I could've started driving into the office after week one because I felt really good and could get jeans on fine, but I'm glad I didn't-- I've had some digestive issues that became really apparent on week 2 and, being home, I had the time to figure things out that I wouldn't have rushing back and forth and putting work first. Apparently, I have a finicky pouch that does not like lactose or concentrated whey right now (it only likes medical grade whey... expensive taste, just like me =)), so it's a learning experience. Thankfully, soft-boiled eggs are going very well... just not too close together or I'm right back in the bathroom, as I found out last night when I skipped lunch until 3:30 and ate again at 6. I have to be mindful about what I eat, how slowly I eat, and how far apart my meals are. I'm very good with eating the same thing three times a day, day after day, and I actually look forward to it-- that's a BIG change for me, but might change with time. I am supposed to be eating tuna and/or salmon too this week, but the smell of canned tuna has always made me gag and I'm guessing salmon does the same! I have a can anyway. I'll try it later in the week. Thankfully, no throwing up at all since surgery! Yet. Got to see how that salmon goes before I say that! I have to say that the metaformin cramping was much worse than the lactose cramping is.

Oh, I'm still working on getting up to that 64 oz of water a day!

Yeah, with sleeve, your hunger hormones are gone, snipped away forever! With bypass, the surgeon said they are greatly reduced and suppressed.
Old 12-17-2013, 03:57 PM   #193
Major LCF Poster!

Alisa, this is amazing. I know recovery is tough but it will so be worth it. You are going to look like a movie star. So happy for you!
Old 12-18-2013, 01:14 PM   #194
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Gail!

Hmmm... I am definitely not going to purchase the special bariatric calcium citrate chews again. Each 250 mg dose has 2g of sugar alcohol, so that's 12 grams. I took the full amount I'm supposed to today and oooph! I bought two bags of those suckers too! Caramel and lemon-- so far, the lemon taste just like starburst. I think I'd rather swallow the pills or find a liquid. I do fine with pills but I'm wondering if liquid absorbs better.might get pills for the office, liquid for home. You have to space out 500 mg at a time like three times a day. Live and learn!

Two days until my 3-week checkup. It's my first post-op visit. I'm hoping he gives me the okay to start walking my poor, bored doggy. She's a whiny, needy little thing without her walks! Like german shepherds don't whine enough already!

Oh yeah, i tried canned salmon and survived! It actually is much better than it smells! So I can do eggs and salmon! Next week is week 4. My week 4 thru 6 rung has a whole list of things I can try. Week 7 and I can start introducing anything but slowly. There's light!!

Last edited by Matrigna; 12-18-2013 at 01:19 PM..
Old 12-18-2013, 01:46 PM   #195
Major LCF Poster!

Alisa, you are a strong lady -- and you are doing so well during this tough recovery period. Like me and Amber keep saying, this is all going to be worth it. I do feel badly about your dog -- dogs need their mothers and they get whiny when their routine gets disrupted. Before long, you will be as good as new again -- even better!
Old 12-21-2013, 03:39 PM   #196
Major LCF Poster!

I was good for nearly a couple of days, there, but, slowly, the bathroom issues recommenced. It got to the point where, by Friday, I was afraid to eat anything before my appointment. I just sipped water. Sitting there in the doc's office, my stomach was loud! By the time I left, I had to keep stopping on the way home for bathrooms because omg, the cramping! Came home, made myself eat an egg, and then the real issues started! Finally called the surgeon. Apparently, I caught something called C. difficile in the hospital and, from getting antibiotics, it killed all my good gut bacteria, allowing the C-diff to flourish. So the surgeon called in a script for flagyl and I've taken the day off to rest up and veg in front of a tv with lots of blankets! The silver linings here may be 1) it's not the way to do it, but I'm losing quite steadily since everything is racing through me!, and 2) perhaps I'm not lactose intolerant, sugar alcohol sensitive, and nothing is wrong with our water, after all! So hoping I'll be good soon!

So, I can lift, walk the dog, and do what I want in one more week! =)

My skinniest 14s are bunchy in the butt! =))
Old 12-24-2013, 03:29 AM   #197

Alisa_
I had C-diff when I was pregnant, OMG I thought I was dying!!! I got it on vacation, there is a funny story about big D in the car, but I will save that! I saw my sister on Sunday, her incisions are small she is still very whiny but eating a little more, she get nauseous but has not thrown up, constant diarrhea. SHe has lost the 18 pounds I could tell it on her. She is having trouble getting the food and water in, she says she feels like she is going to burst. She can eat 3 ounces and then has to wait 20 minutes to drink 2 ounces. She is so dramatic but I know she is going to get really skinny really fast!

It sounds like things are going well for you, you seem to be pretty active and up and about so that is a good thing!

Enjoy the holiday and you will have to take pics soon!!!!
Old 12-25-2013, 07:51 AM   #198
Major LCF Poster!

Merry Christmas Alisa! Hope you have a wonderful holiday with your family!
Old 12-29-2013, 07:41 AM   #199
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Amber and Gail! I've been having a great holiday, overall, and I'm feeling SO much better, so that really helps! Everything seems to be working almost normally! I need to concentrate on keeping up with my meds, vitamins, and fluids. It's a juggling act that sounded much easier in theory! I need to stick to a schedule and not get so sidetracked. It'll be easier after the holidays.

My mom is in the hospital again. Third Xmas in a row. We think she has a real problem with hypochondria and attention-seeking. She called us all and said she's dying of myeloma cancer, blood disease, has tumors, etc. the docs say she's fine other than a hematoma from a test she demanded at a routine visit on Friday. Then she said she couldn't walk and refused to eat and drink (common thing with her) and demanded ER because it just had to be esophageal cancer because my dad died of that and bone cancer, so it must be both! My little brother lives near her so gets the crazy calls in the middle of the night. So her sodium and potassium went way down because she hasn't been eating or drinking again. I walked in and she's having him spoon feed her ice chips and asked him to take her dirty underwear home. Lol! Poor bro! She is hooked on so many OTC meds so that doesn't help! I swear Google is evil. We need to get a hold of that smartphone! She calls it "The Google." I'm the one who showed her how to use it too. My protein intake was horrible yesterday because I was there all day and night. Other relatives and doctors filled me in and I was like ugh! Not sure what to do with her! Tests will be back in two weeks so hopefully they'll all be good and we can be firm with her about things before she really does cause more problems. When I left, my older son had just called her back, my leukemia survivor, and she was telling him she had leukemia and a small chance of survival! I texted to clear things up. Just arrrgh! Anyone has anything and she has it too! Can't share anything medical with her all over again! I live a state away-- they're in MD. So today I will do better.

I get to officially start exercising tomorrow! I'm armed with Xbox one, Zumba, a kickboxing stand, yoga mat, and the dog =) plenty to start with. I'm not hitting the gym just yet-- I'm going to start at home.

Amber, is your sis still having constant D? God, I hope it's not c-diff because I wouldn't wish that mess on anyone!! Everyone kept insisting D is just not normal but I let it go longer than I should have.

Hope your New Year's holiday is happy and peaceful!

Last edited by Matrigna; 12-29-2013 at 07:43 AM..
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #200
Major LCF Poster!

Also, this morning equals an even 30 lbs down! Here's a first-thing-on-Christmas-morning pic. I need one with hair and makeup next time! I'm still wearing 14s because of my legs and tummy, but 1X tops float on me! I've lost noticeably in my face, boobs, and butt. All of my xl tops fit me with room to spare and i can squeeze into a juniors babydoll xl tee, as shown =) can't wear 16 bottoms at all now!

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...C354FD05CB.jpg
Old 12-31-2013, 03:58 AM   #201

Alisa you look great your face is really skinny! Sorry to hear about your Mom just what you needed!!!! My sister is doing OK, still whining!

30 pounds that is a lot of weight!!!! JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am formulating some plan I have got to lose weight this year I am so disgusted I let myself gain so much back all due mainly to lack of exercise, I have to learn I must do it forever to keep it off so getting back into it stat! The dress I was going to wear tonight to the party doesn't fit, now I will scrambling to find something, ughghgh!!!

Have a Happy New Years!!!!!
Old 12-31-2013, 07:53 AM   #202
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: greengeeny
Stats: 226/167.2/135
WOE: Eating less than 20 carbs a day
Start Date: September 13, 2013
greengeeny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #203
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks, Amber! I have been there with the dresses like the past four years so totally understand the annoyances of figuring out what to wear last minute when you think you're all set. I hope you find something fabulous! I know you'll be back on track in no time-- the new year is the perfect time for it!

Glad your sis is moving along well. I can't believe how much easier this is without the c-diff. I have stomach-of-steel compared to before! Well, notsomuch on the outside! Ha! But inside. I'm already seeing loose skin on the outside. But I looked on my old weight tracker; two years ago today I was 238.9 lbs. I verrryyy briefly saw 178 today! Stupid scale bounced back on 179. Soon. That makes a little skin okay. I need to hydrate and get my booty moving today! I renewed my gym membership so probably elliptical and light weights as soon as I can log off of the work computer-- so slow today.

We went to a hibachi grill on Sunday and I've been eating off of the salmon and veggies at each meal... Finally finished it this morning! Can't do salad yet, not supposed to be drinking my meals so left the soup alone, and the rice has carbs and may have caused expansion issues, so I ate almost exactly how I would have low carb, minus the miso and salad. Having the low carb background helps. I want to talk the hubs into seafood tonight. We have no big plans, just a quiet, peaceful, homebody new year. Scallops and steamed shrimp sound so good to me =) maybe I'll pick some up on the way home from the gym.

HAPPY NEW YEAR Geeny, Amber, and Gail!! Hope it's amazing!
Old 01-02-2014, 04:52 PM   #204

Sounds good to me lots of seafood!!!!! Glad you are feeling good!!!!
Old 01-03-2014, 10:14 AM   #205
Major LCF Poster!

Yep, I'm feeling great!

Went to the gym for two days in a row and man am I feeling it! It's a very love-hate kind of sore. I am super-tracked! I need to figure out how to simplify that a bit, I guess. I am burning more calories than I can take in, but losing on average of a pound a day, since surgery. If I could just get my water and protein up to par, I'll feel much better. Drank 11 cups the day before yesterday but it was a full time job!

Yesterday I went down to 177 but today it's right at 178 again. Might be muscles retaining water... Could be the splurge before the grilled shrimp and scallops with that-- I picked at a bang-bang shrimp when the apps came, and it was breaded. All in all I had one whole bang bang shrimp, with most of the breading and coated with sauce, two plain jumbo grilled shrimp, and two plain grilled scallops and, man, it felt like a ate a whole pizza on the way home! Most I've eaten at once so far. My husband and kid loved that they have my sides to themselves. Couldn't eat another bite! I ate two shrimp and scallops at breakfast and I'm about to finish the remaining shrimp and scallop up for a late lunch.

I'm so excited. I've been pinning the cutest meals =) I bought a laptop lunches bento box and I'm going to start taking breakfast and lunch to work, starting next week. Now let's see if I actually have time and energy to be creative like I want to! I'd love to start doing the same for hubs and the kid, if it works well. We usually buy our food at school/work... sometimes I took frozen meals but never with much thought on nutrition, only carbs. Now that protein and being careful about vitamins is the name of the game, I need to plan ahead or I'll never do it right.

Last edited by Matrigna; 01-03-2014 at 10:17 AM..
Old 01-04-2014, 05:37 AM   #206

WOW I cant imagine being full on 2 shrimp and scallops, LOL!!!Not sure if I could eat shrimp for breakfast! The lunch box sounds cute, am sure it is hard to exercise when you are eating so little how many calories a day are you suppose to consume? Keep it up!
Old 01-04-2014, 07:27 AM   #207
Major LCF Poster!

I know! I am one to (before this) eat big portions and was always hungry. The nutritionist and surgeon both said don't worry about calories, carbs, or even protein, because that part will come. (I am worried about protein and carbs, though, no matter what they say! Lol! It's ingrained on me after over a decade of low carbing!) Right now, they just want me to concentrate on the most dense/solid foods i can, not overfilling my pouch and chewing my bites super well and like a minute apart so i don't develop any aversions to foods and don't fall into habits of eating myself sick. I'm averaging up to 400 cals a day now, before exercise. Still no problems feeling sick! I have energy, don't know how! I'm eating about 1/4 cup of food at a time but much less if it's like fish seafood or meat-- that stuff stuffs you quick!

Last edited by Matrigna; 01-04-2014 at 07:28 AM..
Old 01-05-2014, 07:07 AM   #208

Holy crap 400 calories!!!! I get woozy on 800!!!! WOW it seems like it is all going pretty well for you!!!! I am glad you feel good! Are you back at work yet?
Old 01-06-2014, 09:16 AM   #209
Major LCF Poster!

I know. The calories really scared me at first! But they'll get better, in time. Some seafood is really high in calories and, once I start eating more meat, that'll be pretty high in calories too. The plan the nutritionist gave me is VERY carb heavy-- stuff like bananas, noodles, potatoes, cereals-- it's no wonder people get ill! I've been keeping it pretty low carb and I stay full.

I've been back in the office at work since 12/16. I just took time off on the week of surgery. I was working from home a week after that, and then back to the office.

I'm looking into local roller derby teams. I'm seriously thinking it would be cool to join one. I emailed them to see when their "fresh meat" training starts this year. It's something to motivate me to really get into shape... and keep popping my calcium regularly =) I also still have Vertical Girl Fitness studio I want to try at some point this year, too.

Short-term, I want to start jog/walking, instead of just walking. And keep going to the gym and using home workouts. I'm going to work to exercise more regularly, this week, and start XBox One Zumba.
Old 01-08-2014, 03:36 AM   #210

Roller Derby? OMG that sounds scary!!!!! I would be too wussy for that!!!!! I would for sure break a bone! LOL I am glad it is motivating you to find things you like to do, I wish you were closer I need a workout buddy!