Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2009, 05:49 AM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Matrigna
Stats: 210/145/110
WOE: Primal-ish (WLS 11/29/13)
OK, good morning so far because the scale is teetering back on the brink of Onederland again!

I didn't get to exercise last night, but I've been doing a LOT of walking! I have a plan hatching in my mind.... I used to take kickboxing at a karate studio, and (since I've taken over all finances again, including a joint account my husband handled, or so I thought) the billing company has been charging me for the past YEAR almost even though I cancelled with the studio via certified letter when the Hashimotos kicked up into gear so high I couldn't break a sweat without ending up in huge burning hives everywhere. I'm wondering, since the studio hasn't been overly responsive about the refund, if perhaps they'll compromise with me and give me a year pre-paid membership to call it even. That is going to kill me-- the class is so high intensity workout, but maybe that's what i need. Maybe it's time. Supposedly you can burn up to 1000 calories a session, but with the hashimotos and adrenal issues, I wasn't losing a pound! It just didn't make sense. Now that I'm losing again, maybe it will be different for me

"Obstacles are what you see when you take your eyes off the goal."
Matrigna is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

It's my two-month Atkinsversary tonight! 13 lbs down! Yay!

I know most people lose this much weight in the first week, and I know I have a long way to go (I'm shooting to lose almost 70 lbs more), but my scale is moving and I'm feeling great in general!

I bought a pair of FitFlops on the recommendation of several people and, so far, they are the most comfortable flipflops I have ever owned, so that right there is worth the money for me I usually wear Earth brand shoes with the negative heels at work and home, but now I can have the advantages of those shoes I love all summer long in flip flops
Old 05-18-2009, 01:35 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
13 lbs rock !!!! dont think otherwise.!!!!

I know you are sticking to it and doing it.....I know that we are all here to be better.!!

Well I been gone the last week....so I am just getttng back....
I will be by more later soon !!
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 07:14 AM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

Last night I went to Bob Evans and went for a safe bet.... the chicken spinach salad with hot bacon dressing. Only it WASN'T a safe bet. I thought it tasted sweet. I ask the waitress and she said nope, no sugar. I stopped using it immediately and wish I would have put less on my salad... I used about 1/3 of the ramekin. I go home and look it up. Sure enough! 35 net carbs for on ramekin. holy crap! And so I ate real sugar, grrrr! I am so mad at myself! I am doing too good not to plan ahead anymore. So yesterday was NOT an induction day by far! Back to it this morning!

I am on a weight fluctuation again.... back to hoovering on the brink of onderland. but this seems to be a trend for me.... lose 3 and gain back 2 only to lose 4 two days later. This is how it was last time too, until I got about 3 months into things and that's when the weight seemed to just start melting off like magic. I do NOT like this part of it! But i guess as long as it keeps going down it's not a horrible thing.
Old 05-20-2009, 06:35 AM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrigna View Post
hey, welcome back! and congrats on the loss!!
Girl I am like you.. I have been playing with the same 4 lbs the last 3 weeks...
FINALLY I got them off today...and today starts NEW weight to lose....haha

I made excuses for being outta town... and this and that ... but...I am the only one to
be able to do it..
Old 05-20-2009, 08:36 AM   #66
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: WILDERC
phentermine

has any one gotten any good results from phentermine?
WILDERC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 12:15 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Girl ! how are you doing ??
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

Hi JRod,
I'm hanging in there, eating right and exercising! I've been SWAMPED with work and other stuff lately, but I'm still here I am still on my way, just still slowly and steadily.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:28 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Well good !! I am the same way...... I have been so busy .... I am headed to some threads to catch up on ........... I hope all is well !!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:50 AM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

Day 93 (I just went and counted ) and I am down 19 lbs. Woohoo!!
So I've been losing an average of about 6 lbs/month so far.
If I stay at this slow pace even (and I know from experience that, once I'm really into things, it just falls off), I'll be right around goal by Christmas
And, if I step it up even more, I can be there by my friend's wedding date two months earlier!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:30 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Matringa !! I hope you have a great weekend !.... Sounds like you are
doing good !!
Old 07-07-2009, 07:54 PM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

hey.... where you hiding at lady !
Old 07-10-2009, 07:36 AM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

LOL! I'm still around, just busy a LOT. I'm teetering back and forth on 20 lbs lost

I've started jogging on the treadmill. That's a big step for me. I need to get outdoors on the bike more, now that I have it. My aunt offered me a piece of her old workout equipment, so I'm going to take that as well... just gotta catch her when she's NOT at the beach and drive up there with the mini van. Then I just need to find those weights and I'm set! Don't ask me HOW I have lost weights, but I've managed somehow. But I haven't really set my mind to tearing the house apart to find them yet either.
Old 07-20-2009, 08:45 PM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Girl ! I hope all is well...and the last 10 days since you posted has
treated you well..!! Hang in there...its a journey....... not always fun..
and certainly slow..... have a great week !

Jarrod
Old 07-21-2009, 04:58 AM   #75
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
I hope everything is okay

I miss seeing that pretty smiling face in your avitar
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 10:23 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

Ugh! I'm back, and bigger than ever! Life became chaotic, and I feel into very unhealthy eating and became pretty inactive. The important thing is that I'm climbing back on the wagon, right?

I am seeing, more than ever, that it is very difficult for me to lose weight, maybe because of the hashimoto's (thyroid/adrenal woes), but it seems near effortless to put it back on! It's downright scary just how fast it's packing on all over my body. I'm feeling like crap, I have no energy, and I'm not fitting into anything. So it is time.

Cardio alone just does not cut it for me. I started working out at the gym last night, with DH as my workout buddy... and he seems interested in eating cleaner (low carb) too. We went again this morning. But, this time, I plan to work out at the gym, mainly with free weights, at least 6 times per week. I do have a kickboxing stand now, and kickboxing and yoga DVDs, so I can do these things sporadically at home if the mood hits.

My first and very successful time on Atkins, I started by sticking to shakes and bars forever, until any other cravings went away. I decided bars get me into too much trouble and, if I use them, it will only be as a sometimes snack. I'm sticking mainly with Labrada Lean Body Shakes over the past two days, but I've also eaten grilled chicken breast, cottage cheese, broccoli, celery with peanut butter (I know, I know... and I am going to cut that out), and pork rinds (which is not exactly clean eating and needs to go too).

So I'll be lurking around LCF again, and hopefully posting regularly again too. It's good to be back
Old 03-17-2010, 08:58 AM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

Day 3 of weight training (mixed with short cardio) at the gym.

Monday night: Legs
Tuesday morning: Back
This morning: Chest

And, OMG. I feel every muscle in my body.

So far today, I drank my Lean Body Shake and ate 2 Polly-O String Cheeses. I brought a portion of cottage cheese and 6 oz. of grilled chicken breast to work, and I'll be eating that for lunch soon.

Yesterday's Menu:
Breakfast: Lean Body Shake
Snack: 2 large stalks celery with about 2 T peanut butter
Lunch: 6 oz. grilled chicken breast
Snack: cottage cheese with Splenda and 1 Polly-O String Cheese
Dinner: Ground Beef sauteed with spaghetti squash, spaghetti sauce (the lowest carb store bought I could find), and topped with some shredded mozzerella cheese. Altogether, I'd say there was about 2 cups of "stuff" on my plate.

Last edited by Matrigna; 03-17-2010 at 09:00 AM..
Old 03-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #78

Nice to see you back, and great job getting into the gym!!!!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:48 AM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Diane! Good to see you again, too, and great to see you around on Facebook now
Old 03-19-2010, 10:07 AM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

So I've been exercising from the start and keeping track of everything on ******.

DH and I decided that waking up at 4 a.m. daily to go to the gym was not working out too well because it was kicking our butts so, yesterday, we agreed and made the switch to evenings. A little late in the evenings, in my opinion, but there just aren't enough hours in the day to get to the gym at a decent time in the evenings right now. I feel a lot better doing it this way vs. early mornings. I just really need to make sure I get my right sleep. BUT, on the bright side, I was in a "hydrotherapy" salt water hot tub at midnight last night... what a way to start off a Friday! Although, I do NOT like the way I look in a swimsuit right now! I have stuff hanging over my size 14 in the back, yuck! I've tried on the suits at Lane Bryant but do not like the way the bottoms of their suits are cut at all.

Last night, we did arms at the gym. I seem to be adjusting-- I'm in less pain today than I've been at any time this week. I think we do shoulders tonight. Then, on Saturday, we have a large block of cardio and then a focus on just abs. Sunday is the one day off. I'll be following the same routine for the next 8 weeks, then moving on to the next phase. It is a version of the "300 workout."

As for eating, I was at 40 carbs the first two days and, yesterday, I came in at almost 30. They sure do add up quickly once you start plugging your food into ******. I guess that's okay since most of them are from veggies and I am working out. I have eaten some fruit (i.e., apple/cranberry in my chicken salad, a strawberry or two) and part of that is coffee/tea/splenda... and convenience packaged meats/cheeses (cottage and string cheese) account for a small amount of the carbs too. My calorie totals are from 1200 to 1600 per day. I'm about 50/50 on my protein/fat ratios, with fat being a percentage or two higher as the days go on. I'm trying to stick to teas instead of coffee. I've been drinking a lot more green tea and water.

Last edited by Matrigna; 03-19-2010 at 10:10 AM..
Old 03-20-2010, 10:09 AM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Just checking in. Shoulders at the gym last night. Cardio/Abs tonight.

Yesterday's menu was a Lean Body shake for breakfast; two strawberries and a string cheese for a snack; pork cutlet (with Cavander's Greek Seasoning), mashed cauliflower, and leftover spaghetti squash for dinner; and half of a Lean Body shake after working out last night.

Oh yeah... the scale was three lbs less this morning. The beginning of a very LONG journey!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:48 AM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

Down 8 lbs in 13 days! Woohoo!! This is the most success I've had starting up on Atkins ever!
Old 03-29-2010, 10:18 AM   #83

Quote:
Down 8 lbs in 13 days! Woohoo!! This is the most success I've had starting up on Atkins ever!
GOOD JOB!!
now just keep it up!!

I have been eating spaghetti squash again..forgot how much I liked it.
How do you cook yours? I have been boiling mine, but it doesn't seem to come out 100% right..I may try the microwave method next.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:05 AM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks

I don't know if I do it "right," but it seems to work so far. I cut spaghetti squash in half length-wise, scoop out the seeds and stuff, and put them cut-side-up in the microwave, covered with a wet paper towel. I just keep nuking it until the flesh is loose on the shell. Then cool and scoop.

I like it, but it gets old fast when there's so much left over! I really need to get my recipe books unpacked and on the shelves at my new place so I can give myself some variety. (Place isn't so new anymore, actually; there's just always something better to do than finish unpacking!)
Old 03-31-2010, 07:50 AM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

I stepped on the scale this morning, and I am 10 lbs down!

At the gym last night, I was able to increase weight on everything except bicep curls-- the 45 lb bar is still kicking my butt for that.

I was really craving steamed shrimp, so that's what I made for dinner last night. I mixed some horseradish in low carb ketchup, and it was so good. I really love this way of eating. There's been big trays of brownies in my house twice now, for days on end, and I've been okay with that. I'm steering clear of the dreamfield's pasta and LC tortillas, bake mixes, bread, etc. I'm trying not to eat meal replacement bars or SF candy, and I'm steering clear of the processed crap with sugar alcohol-- if I buy a box of Endulge bars, I know from past experience that I will have thoughts of them on the brain and keep eating those suckers until the box is empty. I haven't eaten any nuts yet, but I've eaten berries once or twice. I haven't had wine or alcohol once yet... we've been too busy on weekend nights going to the gym and trying to keep up with our routine.

When I plug days into ******, I average about 30 carbs a day. I'm thinking, if I'm working out every night, and the body burns carbs first, and carbs are 4 grams per calorie, that I am surely burning them all off and then some.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM   #86

Quote:
I stepped on the scale this morning, and I am 10 lbs down!

At the gym last night, I was able to increase weight on everything except bicep curls-- the 45 lb bar is still kicking my butt for that.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

Old 01-01-2011, 10:43 PM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

I'm baaaack! And I need to be here and more than ever! I hate the way I look and feel, which is fat and icky!

So, restarting... day 1. Went very well! 17 carbs & 1200 cals.

This isn't about racing & overwhelming myself; it's about getting back on track and staying there.

I am doing a couple of things a tad differently... more conveniently, really-- I assembled a twitter list of low carb people to follow and read along to (motivation on the go). And I'm using a droid app (*********) to track/scan my daily intake, so bye-bye ****** (I really wanted them to have an app!)

Oh, and I want to concentrate on more whole foods. Which is sort of picking up where I left off. I'll be doing some reading on the "paleo" thing and seeing how and where I can fit it into my low carb thing.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Re-Induction, Day 4

I'm doing this!

I'm feeling very good about making the choice to eat low carb again. I just know this is going to make a positive difference, and I should have never stopped to begin with. I really feel committed this time. I'm ready to lose this weight and get "me" back!

Here's my food intake averages for the last four days, from 1/1/11 to 1/6/11:

I looks like lunch is my heaviest meal of the day so far. That's actually a good thing but something I didn't really plan out.

I love the ********* Calorie Counter app for my Droid. I was sitting here thinking I missed ******'s reporting features, so I went to check out the app on my phone. It does reports! It allowed me to export reports to PDF or CSV straight to email. I'm only using it for my food intake so far, but I'll add weight and exercise to that soon because I see those too. This is a great tool, and it's really helping me.

I'm not weighing yet, only because my scale is in a box somewhere. But I "feel" better and like I've lost something, though. I plan to start weighing asap. Until then, at least I'm not getting discouraged if I'm not losing anything. Because I usually take forever to start losing. The bad part to that is I really will never know my starting weight. I know the last time I weighed, it was around 213! I refused to look at the scale after that! I was in denial and not willing to give up carbs yet. I used moving as my biggest excuse-- it was just too hard to try to stay on track during that because there was no way to plan ahead. The truth was, I just didn't feel like it yet. I could have easily done it. I know that from other times I've low-carb'ed on-the-fly.

I've been practically living on Linda Sue's White Castle Pie and Designer Whey mix. I just ate the last bit of pie this morning, so I need to figure out what great low carb recipe to make next. I have TONS of cookbooks, links, and saved recipes from last time... it's just a matter of getting the ingredients and making them.

I'm actually drinking my coffee black since I started! I've never done that before. It's not bad, actually.

Hopefully I'll have some positive results to post next time next time I check in.

Last edited by Matrigna; 01-06-2011 at 12:28 PM..
Old 01-06-2011, 12:32 PM   #89

Popping in to say howdy

Old 01-06-2011, 12:37 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

Hey, Diane! I've been wondering how you've been! Hope you had a great Christmas... happy New Year!

It's so good to be back