Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   Cookie Crumbs (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/608794-cookie-crumbs.html)

vfCookie 03-17-2009 03:34 AM

Cookie Crumbs

Following Rich's lead... maybe a journal would be a good idea. I'll be back!

vfCookie 03-17-2009 03:52 AM

3 Attachment(s)
So, I've attached one pic of me from "before" taken in December 2007. Actually, at the time the "before" photo was taken, I had been on South Beach for a couple of months and had lost about 10 pounds. The others were taken November 2008 and January 2009... weight has been static for about 6 months. Going up and down the same 5-6 lbs, so it's time to shake things up a bit. I don't mind the stall. It's actually been comforting because I know that I CAN maintain with no worries and no struggles. I have worried so much about the weight coming back, but it hasn't.

I have been exercising for years but not with enough consistency to see real results. So that is one goal that I want to sent. Currently, I do something about 3-4 times per week. My goal is 5-6... consistently 5 per week with no excuses using a combo of cardio and toning. For toning, I am a big fan of Callanetics, Squeeze, Bar Method, Lotte Berk, etc. (the barre genré). For cardio, I am ADD big time. I jog some, do step aerobics, bike some, I get so bored with cardio that it is hard to commit. It takes me a solid 20-30 minutes to feel really warmed up and "into it", by which time my funky knee lets me know that it is not gonna put up with much more of that nonsense. The bike is an exception, but ummm... the lady parts don't like it even with a padded seat. (TMI) See, too many excuses.

So diet... South Beach with tweaks... meaning that I am trying to incorporate the portion guidelines from the Sonoma diet. Sonoma and South Beach are soooo so similar that it is difficult to tell them apart. The biggest difference is that Sonoma encourages portion control, which I need. No one needs to sit down with a pie and a fork even if that pie is sugar free-low carb- etc. It's just wrong. (But it's also one of those things you might find yourself doing due to life stresses, divorce, pending career changes, relocation, etc. - Not that it helps.) And, Sonoma also gives some guidelines and suggestions for pairing wines with foods. After 5 years in France, I really do love and appreciate wine - which is allowed and encouraged in moderation on both SB and Sonoma, but Sonoma tells me which kinds go with which foods. Woohoo.

Vision - ok, as much as I would LOVE to look like Twyla, (holy cow!!!) I see myself a bit softer. Lean but curvy. I can't really describe it. For the moment my biggest "trouble spot" and the one thing that I want to get rid of first is that horrid mom pouch that makes me look like a weeble. Oh, and slimed down arms would be good too. Ok, I have a lot to work on...

vfCookie 03-17-2009 07:50 AM

Ok, I'm back to journal today's workout.

I went for a jog over lunch break today. 46 minutes total using a Cardio Coach mix (v7- warm up through steady 2, v2 challenge 1, v5 cool down). The mix is an interval mix with a warm up, steady state, challenge (3min jog 3 min power walk intervals repeat 4 times), steady state, challenge (3minute jog, 1 minute walk, 3 minute jog), cool down. It is such a beautiful day out and I'm so glad I took advantage of it. Granted I thought about not going for my jog.

I have heard about a bazillion times that the hardest part of working out is putting on your tennis shoes. Ha! That is a crock! The hardest part is getting through the warm up! Once I am really warmed up, I start feeling great. Unfortunately that takes me around 20 minutes (sometimes more, sometimes less) and there are days where it just never kicks in. But today, it kicked in and felt great.

I added fruit back into my diet this weekend because I was so upset that the scale went UP after having been following my diet AND exercising more consistently over the past couple of weeks. :annoyed: I know that it has to do with TOM, water retention, blah blah blah, but still it is crushing to actually try to follow the diet and exercise thing and have your efforts produce reverse effects. So in a moment of rebellion, I decided to eat fruit! Fresh Pineapple! I LOVE fresh pineapple. Anyway, the rationality was that maybe if I have lots of fresh fruit to snack on then the desserts can be avoided more often. I love desserts and make some nice sugar free stuff (lovely almond flour blueberry muffins... yummy)

vfCookie 03-18-2009 01:58 AM

Dinner did not go as planned last night. Phil, my now ex-husband, got a call yesterday morning that his grandmother died. He isn't having a very good week. Our divorce was finalized on Monday and his grandma died on Tuesday. Anyway, I made him his favorite dish - Potato casserole - and some homemade chocolate chip cookies. Comfort food. And, of course, I couldn't let him eat alone.

I think for the past 3 months + it has been difficult for me to stay on plan because he is in my home. He was gone for a couple of years but just changed jobs December 1 and so we are once again sharing a house until I leave in May. When it is just me and the kids, I control what comes into the house and what gets cooked. With someone else there, things keep popping up in my kitchen that I don't want there. (Like my favorite ice cream that he keeps buying because we used to love to sit in bed, watch tv, and eat ice cream... that's been about 2 years ago!!!) I am going to have to figure something out though because even though the current situation is only for another 6 weeks, once I get back to the states, I will be staying with a family member for another 2 months +/- while waiting for my house to free up.

Anyway, didn't start off to great this morning. Went out for a few pints for Paddy's day and did not want to get out of bed. Then Phil made me an omlette. Nice - it was a good omlette. BUT the homemade choc chip cookies were sitting there on the table, so I had one of those too. But just one. I am quite sure that they will be gone by the time I get home this evening so I'm not too worried. I brought a good lunch to work (chicken breast, veggies, fruit) but this evening I am going to take some leftover casserole to Anne-Marie & Hervé so I doubt I will stay on plan tonight either. Hmmm... Unless I make some nice veggie vegan thing for me and Amree with fruit for dessert and just let Hervé have the potato casserole & cookies. Not a bad idea.

Brought Super Callanetics to work with me. Not sure if I will use it over lunch break or not but will at least watch again to get a feel for it and do it after work.

TXLoser 03-18-2009 05:21 AM

Thanks for sharing the pictures, very inspiring!!
:notwrthy:

Bring it on 03-18-2009 06:19 AM

Cookie,

:hiya:

Congrats on starting your journal. I am happy for you. It sounds like you are getting into cardio a lot. South Beach is a great Plan. Keep us posted.

vfCookie 03-23-2009 01:57 AM

Rich - thanks for all of your encouragement. Did you know that at this time YOU are the one who has kept me encouraged to NOT give up. I have so many days when I just want to throw in the towel and grab the ben & jerry's, but there is this little voice in the back of my head that just keeps telling me not to give up (even when I DO grab the Ben & Jerry's). Anyway, thanks for keeping after me with the gentle encouragement. Sometimes, for me, all it takes is someone saying "hey, how ya doin?" I'm easily pleased.

TXLoser - thanks for the comment. I never thought that I would inspire anyone. It is only because my ex kept every picture of me that I can even look back and see that I have made loads of progress.

SO... been off plan for about a week. Did good for a day or two last week and then it just kind of fell apart. But, I'm not giving up no matter how many times I may slip. This morning I got up bright and early and did Callanetics Evolution. Just couldn't face anything else so early in the morning. I doubt that I will be doing any jogging this week. I hurt my heel over the weekend and have a massive bruise right where my shoe hits so walking is painful at the moment. Therefore cardio this week will need to be done on my bike OR CardioCallanetics... Nice and gentle, no shoes required, and really works the legs so gracefully. So that's the plan.

This week
M W F - Callanetics Evolution
T Th - CardioCallanetics

I MAY (maybe maybe maybe) throw in some other leg toning, abs, and arms from my Squeeze workouts but the main goal this week is 5 workouts. No excuses.

I would love to get some Twyla input.

Bring it on 03-23-2009 02:22 AM

Hi Cookie,

I just saw your post. That's great if I encourage you. You encourage me too when you stop by and say hello. You have a great attitude, you keep getting up if you stumble. I think that deep down you are a strong person. With all you are going throught with your divorce, you are still dedicated to taking care of yourself. Think of the rewards. Your are going to feel better physically and mentally. Stick to it! Your divorce, you can look at as a brand new start. I know it probably hurts a lot. Feel all the feelings. In the end you will come out stronger.

Enough of my rambling. Have a great week!!!!!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 03-23-2009 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfCookie (Post 11734287)
But, I'm not giving up no matter how many times I may slip. This morning I got up bright and early and did Callanetics Evolution. Just couldn't face anything else so early in the morning. I doubt that I will be doing any jogging this week. I hurt my heel over the weekend and have a massive bruise right where my shoe hits so walking is painful at the moment. Therefore cardio this week will need to be done on my bike OR CardioCallanetics... Nice and gentle, no shoes required, and really works the legs so gracefully. So that's the plan. .......

This week
M W F - Callanetics Evolution
T Th - CardioCallanetics

.....I would love to get some Twyla input.

Cookie, hang in there! We all have valleys in our journey. Being successful in a weight loss journey takes tons of resiliance. It's key to being a winner. Getting knocked down is the easy part. The winners are who get BACK UP AND KEEP TRYING.

Sorry to hear about your injury. May I suggest, in addition to CardioCallanetics, that you try doing intervals on your bike? Cardio intervals are far more effective at burning fat than steady state cardio. And you can get a very efficient cardio session wrapped up in only 20 MINUTES. Start with a 3-5 min warmup, then begin doing intervals, the ratio with which you are comfortable, e.g., 1 min high intensity (walk briskly or jog or sprint) to 2 mins recovery, which would be a 1/2 ratio, or adjust the intensity/recovery to a level that works for you, but making sure you're challenged sufficiently during the intense part. Do as many of the intervals as you can, ending out with a few minutes cool down.

What is 20 mins? Do this 3 x a week along with your Callanetics and such. This can be very effective for you.

Let me know what you think.

TODAY IS A NEW DAY. EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE IS UP TO YOU. YESTERDAY DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S TODAY THAT COUNTS MOST. MAKE THE MOST OF IT.

:high5:

vfCookie 03-23-2009 03:03 AM

Twyla - thanks so much for the suggestion. I can do 20 minutes on the bike. My injury is kind of funny... I was biking home from dinner at a friend's (we actually ate on plan...Ha!) but we had a couple of cocktails. So biking home after 2 cocktails (I'm a lightweight drinker) and wearing cute little ballet slipper shoes, I switched gears on the bike. I meant to go up a gear but went down a gear and the pedal flew foward, my shoe flipped off and into the middle of the road, then the pedal came back around and whacked me on the heel. :blush: It would have been hilarious on YouTube.

Back to the subject... you know CardioCallanetics is a 2 parter cardio/toning. Would you suggest all of CardioC plus the bike, OR cardio portion only plus bike?

Thanks so much for being such an inspiriational guru.

Can I steal this for my quote?

TODAY IS A NEW DAY. EVERY CHOICE YOU MAKE IS UP TO YOU. YESTERDAY DOESN'T MATTER. IT'S TODAY THAT COUNTS MOST. MAKE THE MOST OF IT.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 03-23-2009 06:09 AM

Cookie, not laughing at your bike incident, but it brought back memories of a bike "incident" I had once, flying down this huge hill on my bike, and I got this excruciating foot cramp (wasn't pretty), and I had no control with my foot, therefore, no pedaling, and my legs are wide, bike is going faster and faster, so out of control, and I crashed off the side of the road into a ditch. I laugh now, but at the time I was in pain, aggravated, embarrassed, all the above. I sympathize with your, uh, handicap? :laugh:

As for the CardioC, I'm not at all familiar with it, but I've heard good things. My point with the intervals is that it is more effective at burning fat than traditional cardio. So if you want to ramp up the fat burning, I say get those intervals in. If you want to do both CardioC AND intervals, go for it.

And if that little "word boost" did ya some good today, quote it all ya want! :high5:

Have a great day. :)

vfCookie 03-24-2009 07:47 AM

Having a good day so far but I did NOT plan my meals out for today (forgot breakfast and snack... not a good idea) and I'm hungry. Anyway, ran to the store for provisions and managed to walk right by Häagen Dazs without even thinking about it.

I slept later than planned this morning and didn't have time for my planned workout, but keeping Twyla's advice in mind, I hopped on my stationary bike and did intervals for about 25 minutes. I knew I had to do something this morning because I am swamped at work and may be working late all week, so it is imperative that I get in morning workouts.

However, it looks like I might be able leave on time today, so then I can do Cardio Callanetics this evening... or maybe I should cook and freeze so that I do the same thing tomorrow that I did today. Hmm...maybe both.

Bring it on 03-25-2009 01:40 AM

[QUOTE=vfCookie;11740234]Having a good day so far but I did NOT plan my meals out for today (forgot breakfast and snack... not a good idea) and I'm hungry. Anyway, ran to the store for provisions and managed to walk right by Häagen Dazs without even thinking about it.

Great willpower!

I slept later than planned this morning and didn't have time for my planned workout, but keeping Twyla's advice in mind, I hopped on my stationary bike and did intervals for about 25 minutes. I knew I had to do something this morning because I am swamped at work and may be working late all week, so it is imperative that I get in morning workouts.

I love intervals. It is great that you are making the time for yourself :clap:

However, it looks like I might be able leave on time today, so then I can do Cardio Callanetics this evening... or maybe I should cook and freeze so that I do the same thing tomorrow that I did today. Hmm...maybe both.[/QUOTe

I hope all is well and keep me posted!!! If your stressed at work. a workout is a great thing. KUTGW Cookie.

TXLoser 03-25-2009 04:55 AM

Keep up the good work Cookie!!!!!!!
:notwrthy:

Bring it on 04-01-2009 03:12 AM

How are you Cookie?

vfCookie 04-01-2009 05:58 AM

what day is this?

Hi Rich - I'm not so bad. Hungry today. I haven't really eaten much in the past couple of days. Just not that hungry...until today. I even splurged and went for ice cream with a friend. Normally ice cream will leave me feeling over-full and bloated, but today I don't even feel it. I am taking that to mean that I just needed some. I also took it to mean that there probably really is something to this refeed thing and I am going to have to suck it up and read up on it.

So, monday I did Super Callanetics... totally kicked my butt and my legs and abs are still feeling it! Woohoo!

Yesterday I did Twyla intervals (jogging)... 5 min warm up. 1 min jogging, 30 seconds walking. Repeat 10 times for a total of 15 minutes. 5 minute cool down. So that made a total of 25 minutes cardio.

Today is Callanetics Evolution. Was tempted to pull out Super again, but would like to try to rotate them since they offer different exercises and Evolution throws in a little more arm work via push-up/tricep pulses. I need to add some upper body to my cardio days.

I haven't been too far off on my eating. A couple of pieces of baguette, a piece of cake, and an ice cream... spread out over 3 days. Not stellar, but not horrid either. Much better than the days where it was non stop burgers, fries, pasta, & potatoes... and tons of chocolate. Now I will have a little bit of a treat every day but I keep the portions small.

Bring it on 04-01-2009 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfCookie (Post 11774346)
Hi Rich - I'm not so bad. Hungry today. I haven't really eaten much in the past couple of days. Just not that hungry...until today. I even splurged and went for ice cream with a friend. Normally ice cream will leave me feeling over-full and bloated, but today I don't even feel it. I am taking that to mean that I just needed some. I also took it to mean that there probably really is something to this refeed thing and I am going to have to suck it up and read up on it.

So, monday I did Super Callanetics... totally kicked my butt and my legs and abs are still feeling it! Woohoo!

Yesterday I did Twyla intervals (jogging)... 5 min warm up. 1 min jogging, 30 seconds walking. Repeat 10 times for a total of 15 minutes. 5 minute cool down. So that made a total of 25 minutes cardio.

Today is Callanetics Evolution. Was tempted to pull out Super again, but would like to try to rotate them since they offer different exercises and Evolution throws in a little more arm work via push-up/tricep pulses. I need to add some upper body to my cardio days.

I haven't been too far off on my eating. A couple of pieces of baguette, a piece of cake, and an ice cream... spread out over 3 days. Not stellar, but not horrid either. Much better than the days where it was non stop burgers, fries, pasta, & potatoes... and tons of chocolate. Now I will have a little bit of a treat every day but I keep the portions small.

I think that you are doing great. you should post this stuff!

vfCookie 04-01-2009 07:06 AM

Ah, Rich. You are my greatest cheerleader! :hugs:

Danipower714 04-01-2009 06:49 PM

Just discovered your journal! I LOVE the title!

Look at your progress pics!! You are looking so good girl! :high5:

I'm intrigued by Twyla's interval idea. Cardio is my weakness too Cookie, I usually get so bored by it. Now that the weather is better, I've started walking and jogging more about my neighborhood. That is helping!

Keep up the great work! :hugs:

vfCookie 04-02-2009 12:31 AM

I feel like I ate non stop yesterday and was never every full. Rich (or Twyla or btnic), do you think you could do a brief summary of this refeed thing for me? After reading your journal and starting to keep my own, I have realized that about every 3rd or 4th day, I am absolutely famished. So, as I said yesterday, there must be something to this and maybe the carb rotation is something I should check into since I am doing it anyway but am "rotating" in unhealthy carbs. (Haagen Dasz for example)

This morning I got up and did Twyla intervals again. Same as Tuesday. It wasn't as gut wrenching as Tuesday so that shows some progress. I am thinking of adding a couple of intervals next week and then slowly upping it until I reach at least 20 full minutes of intervals, and maybe eventually 30 minutes.

Like Rich, I think that my goal for now is to burn the fat and become more lean. Once I can look at the leaner me, I can focus more on the sculpting and definition and make adjustments to the vision that I have for myself. I tend to want everything NOW. Not known for my patience or for delaying gratification.

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 04-02-2009 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfCookie (Post 11778784)
.....I am "rotating" in unhealthy carbs. (Haagen Dasz for example)......Like Rich, I think that my goal for now is to burn the fat and become more lean. Once I can look at the leaner me, I can focus more on the sculpting and definition and make adjustments to the vision that I have for myself. I tend to want everything NOW. Not known for my patience or for delaying gratification.

Cookie, I cannot stress this enough. These two things are the nemesis of your progress:

Eating off plan and/or unbalanced/unclean nutrition

Lack of patience.

You simply will NOT make progress -- and more importantly, realize lasting results -- without dealing first with these two issues.

Training helps, but the key is in the proper nutrition and the proper mindset and attitude.

You mention the terms "refeed" and "carb rotations" very loosely. They can wreak havoc on your progress without applying the proper fundamentals. Secondly, both strategies require strict discipline and major patience for them to work --- ESPECIALLY carb rotations.

You may want to google these concepts and read up on the theory, familiarize yourself with what all is involved. Research various ways of eating that may be more conducive to your lifestyle and such. If you choose the wrong nutritional plan, you won't stick to it, so you'll only be wasting your time.

Congrats on your putting in the training time. But focus first on the nutrition and mindset. Training will serve when those are in place.

Best of luck to you. :heart:

vfCookie 04-02-2009 03:07 AM

Twyla - I actually googled carb rotation this morning and have done some reading. It does not seem to be at all geared for me. From what I gathered, it is really helpful or useful for those who do more lifting, etc. Not at all the path or goal I am on.

Perhaps the goal for now should be simply to find a balance. Balance in nutrition, exercise, life. I have no desire to exercise the discipline that is required based on what I read this morning, and that is not my ultimate goal anyway. My goal is to feel great and be happy. I enjoy life and food but want to make peace with them. I see myself leaner, but not super lean. Having a six pack and fantastically scultped arms are not things that I envision for myself. I appreciate them on others and certainly admire their beauty and the work involved. But I want a more subtle fit look for myself. Does not seem to be what carb rotations are all about.

SO... what to do about this being famished every third day? Most plans tell you to eat your snacks even if you're not hungry. Now, I certainly undertand the logic and science behind that, but I have struggled for so long to break my food addictions that eating when not hungry still scares me a little. I used to graze... non-stop...all day. When I went to bed at night, I was miserable because I was too full, uncomfortable, indigestion, poor circulation, etc. Now, I do not have those same issues. Circulation is much improved, indigestion only happens if I eat too much acidy stuff (like tomatoes and citric juices), and I never go to bed feeling so stuffed that I can't breathe. Big improvement.

I'm thinking it must be normal to have hungry days and not hungry days. I spent so many years not paying any attention to "hunger" and just eating. Dieting used to be impossible because I was so unused to signs of hunger that I had no idea how to handle them. Who knew that feeling a bit light headed and the inability to focus on a task could possibly be linked to nutrition? (yes, I know many people know that, but I didn't) I thought the only sign of "hunger" was a growling stomach. My stomach rarely actually growls but I definitely get very sluggish, irritable, etc. accomapanied by a light burning feeling in the stomach when hungry.

Ok, so Goals.

1) continue with exercise plan. It's good.
2) quit looking for new eating plan! I'm just confusing myself.
3) find simple, small, HEALTHY snacks that can be kept in desk drawer.
4) On hungry days, have a snack and do not try to wait until lunch or dinner or whatever. Eat the darned snack and move on!
5) Quit freakin about carbs! Eat the good ones (fruit, nuts, ww bread with a little peanut butter)
6) Relax and enjoy life!!!

WATCH-ME-SHRINK 04-02-2009 06:15 AM

Makes PERFECT sense, Cookie.

What you're said is so relevant: We don't all share the same goals, and in any journey, you must first determine what your goal is before you can take steps in the journey toward realizing it. And depending on that goal, those steps are varied and plentiful.

I think it's good to learn about different eating plans, what's benefitical about them insofar as how they might (or might not) relate to our own personal goals. But ultimately, we want to find the way of eating and the kind of lifestyle that brings us peace, self-satisfaction, and a sense of pride.

You have the right attitude.

Hope you have a great day and I wish you much success.

:hugs:

Bring it on 04-02-2009 07:16 AM

Cookie,

I am a novice. However, one thing that sticks out to me is that you may not be eating enough on a consistant basis. So if you are restricting too much you might get that backlash of hunger every few days or so.

Shimmerfly 04-02-2009 04:21 PM

Hey Cookie, it's great to see you still going strong. Hang in there! :)

vfCookie 04-02-2009 09:08 PM

Hey Shimmer! Love the "KISS" pandas! rofl!

vfCookie 04-02-2009 09:42 PM

No one plans to fail, they just fail to plan. So, I have outlined a more specific action plan for the month of April.

Follow eating plan to the letter with the following exceptions...

... Sunday April 5, my darling love's birthday, I can share a small piece of Bailey's cake and have no more 2 pints of Guinness.
...Barcelona at the end of the month - wine wine wine (I'm going with my vegan friend so I should be able to eat pretty darned healthy if I follow her lead)
...April 29-May 1 (my going away parties) 1 really off plan french meal that is being thrown by work mates, and more alcohol over that period of time than any human should consume.

Of course, I know that if I do my eating plan by the book, then by the time Barcelona and the going away parties arrive at the end of the month, cravings will be gone and it will be easy to resist temptations.

Exercise:
M-W-F Callanetics (2 Super Callanetics and 1 Callanetics Evolution)

T-Th-Sat Cardio & upper body (currently doing 25 minutes of intervals which include 5 min warm up, 15 minutes of intervals that are comprised of 1 minute jogging followed by 30 seconds of walking repeated 10 times for the total of 15 minutes, end with 5 minute cool down) Upper Body can be things like push ups, tricep dips, or use weights but I am going for time efficiency for this month and as much as I HATE push ups, they hit EVERYTHING! (bicep, tricep, back, chest, shoulders... all of em)

I'm determined NOT to step on the scale for the rest of the month. I will take pictures and measurements today. The first of May, I will take another set of pictures and measurements and then step on the scale so that I can gauge the overall effect both visually and numerically. (the scale does not always reflect the progress)

Eating plan notes:
Unfortunately, I shipped my books off to my daughter so I do not have my reference material but thank the Lord for LC friends. Breakfasts are not an issue for me. I'm not a morning eater so its easy to stay on plan. Lunch is sometimes a challenge, but I normally take lunch to work so I can control both spending and nutrition.

Snacks - big problem. I leave work at 5 but have French class 2-3 days per week until 7. MUST have an afternoon snack before class or my brain does not function well and I end out pigging out at dinner.

Dinner - ugh! For the remainder of the month I am sharing my apartment with my ex husband, who respects my eating plan enough to buy lots of veggies but also puts potatoes and bread on the table at every meal and often makes certain that there is plenty of ice cream to be found.

One of my goals or ideas has been to eliminate desserts. I love desserts. Sugar free is fine by me. But, in going with sugar free desserts, I have never really changed my eating habits and it is really easy to desserts that are not on plan because I have not lost my taste for them. So perhaps I should save my fruit consumption for dinner time and have a nice natural fruit salad.

Just thinkin with my fingers here.

Shimmerfly 04-02-2009 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vfCookie (Post 11783232)
Hey Shimmer! Love the "KISS" pandas! rofl!

:laugh: I actually just changed them. I loved them.

I just saw your buddy post in my Journal. I'd love to buddy up with you. I've thought about joining the SB thread again but it is too long and there are too many people so I kind of just keep to myself in here.

I'll have a think about what I want to commit to exercise wise and I'll update my journal. :) (I have a few 'things' coming up over the next few weekends that need me to focus on being on plan ... rather than my usual apathy :rolleyes: )

Have a great weekend.

vfCookie 04-02-2009 11:13 PM

ewwww.... I just took full body pics as my "before" photos. Dear Lord, what DID I look like a year and a half ago with 50 lbs more on my bod? I think I do a decent job of dressing to disguise and to flatter my figure, but full body pics in a bikini (is it still called a bikini if it is 2 pieces but really big?)... blech blech blech.

Ok Callanetics. Let's see if you can tighten up this stay-puft-marshmallow lady.

vfCookie 04-02-2009 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimmerfly (Post 11783368)
:laugh: I actually just changed them. I loved them.

I just saw your buddy post in my Journal. I'd love to buddy up with you. I've thought about joining the SB thread again but it is too long and there are too many people so I kind of just keep to myself in here.

I'll have a think about what I want to commit to exercise wise and I'll update my journal. :) (I have a few 'things' coming up over the next few weekends that need me to focus on being on plan ... rather than my usual apathy :rolleyes: )

Have a great weekend.

Woohoo! Thanks Shimm! Following a daily thread can get overwhelming with so many people. I enjoy it but others find it a bit too daunting. So, should we start our own private little check in thread... the Shimmer-Cookie April Challenge (or somethin like that)? That way we can check in with each other but still have a month long "history" that email does not offer. It will be interesting to see where we are now and where we will be a month from now.