Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2009, 04:09 AM   #121
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
How did you feel after your workout? Are you glad that you forced yourself to do it?
Bring it on is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-2009, 05:59 AM   #122
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Rich, I actually entertained the thought of doing more once I reached the end of the workout but the kids came in, the phone rang, roommate came it... all at the same dang time... so any ambition that the workout inspired was quickly replaced with "mommy mommy mommy" stuff.
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 06:58 AM   #123
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Danipower714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 05:48 PM   #124
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vfCookie View Post
Rich, I actually entertained the thought of doing more once I reached the end of the workout but the kids came in, the phone rang, roommate came it... all at the same dang time... so any ambition that the workout inspired was quickly replaced with "mommy mommy mommy" stuff.
ahhh, you need to be able to take time for yourself. like, mommie is going to exercise for the next 45 minutes. Time just for you.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 AM   #125
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricardolowcarbo View Post
ahhh, you need to be able to take time for yourself. like, mommie is going to exercise for the next 45 minutes. Time just for you.
I totally agree!
Old 06-28-2009, 04:13 PM   #126
Major LCF Poster!

How are you, Cookie?
Old 08-19-2009, 04:47 AM   #127
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Resurrecting your journal to tell you...I miss you and hope all is well.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:34 AM   #128
Senior LCF Member

Bless your heart. I miss you too. Iíve been so busy with work that I havenít had time to check in. Iím still getting acclimated to the new job and loving it to death! Iíve been doing well about sticking to my eating planÖmostly phase 1 with just a smidge of phase 2 from time to time. Iíve found that itís hard to resist temptation around my mom and grandma who always have lots snacky sugary things around. SO, I have been trying to eat dinner on my own so that Iím not tempted by their dinner. I do very well at breakfast and lunch with the exception of my current peanut fixation.

Exercise wise I havenít been too good nor too bad. I did well last week but not so great this week (so far) but thatís because Iíve been really tired and weíve had lots of storms so I havenít been sleeping well. Iíve been doing Yoga 2x per week and was so grateful for it last night as it really calmed me. I just got a few new DVDsÖPhysique 57Ö that Iím going to try out tonight. They are in the same genre as Callanetics, Lotte Berk, and the Bar Method. Iíll let you know how I like them and hey, Iíd even loan em out if youíd like.

I had the most amazing weekend but it has set me back emotionally. A very dear friend of mine was in Dallas for a conference, so I hopped in the car and headed South for a visit. It was just so incredible to have one of my European friends on American soil and be able to show him a little bit of my culture. (Mexican food and the Mall!) I was fortunate enough to get to visit several of my friendsí homes (Dublin, London, Edinburgh) but no one had ever visited me here before. But, as I said, it did cause an emotional set back because I caused me too miss everything all over again and necessitated the recommencement of the ďmourning processĒ so I spent most of Monday and Tuesday either in tears, on the verge, or weepy. It will get better.

and I will TRY to do better about checking in. Just have to get back in the habit.

By the way, I LOVE the pic of you and Wiz together. I am so thrilled that you got to meet up.

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
Old 08-20-2009, 04:06 AM   #129
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm so glad you love your new job! I worry about you when I don't see you post much. It was so great meeting Wiz. She is such a warm and friendly person. I wish you had still been in Europe when we came over. I would love to meet you one day. Anytime you are in Boston, you are welcome here!

I'm sorry you've been homesick for Europe. Wow, you have friends in London and Edinburgh? LUCKY DUCK!! I absolutely loved both places. Edinburgh was probably my favorite even though we were only there one day. It was such a magical city. I hope to return next summer and spend more time there.

Yay for yoga! Have you tried bikram yoga yet? I've been hooked since early July. Nice thing is that it is cardio along with the good yoga stress relief, toning and flexibility. Once you get over the heat (after maybe the 3rd class) you will be in heaven! I'm in the same boat eating-wise this summer. Not great but not bad. I have essentially maintained all summer. Still need to get off at least another 20 pounds before I'll feel best. I need to go back to Phase 1. I know that would help tremendously, but I love my grains and fruit too much. LOL

Big hugs!!!

Have lost 42 pounds since April 2011.

Last edited by Danipower714; 08-20-2009 at 04:09 AM..
Old 08-20-2009, 05:33 AM   #130
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Shimmerfly
Stats: 237/227/165 5'8
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 14.02.11
Hey Cookie, I'm really glad you are enjoying your new job. I hope the homesick thing passes quickly for you. It's tough being away from 'home' and starting over.
Shimmerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:08 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

So 2 1/2 years later here I am back to journaling. I've refound about 15 lbs over the past couple of years. Lots of excuses but with all the life changes over the past couple of years I guess it's not surprising. It was interesting to go back and read some of the journal posts and comments. I've never been great about journaling, but am always glad that I did. I'm also REALLY glad that I posted the before and afters at the beginning of the journal. It was encouraging to see where I started, where I got, and know where I am now and that I can get back there easy. Well not EASY but I can do it if I put forth just a bit of effort.

So much has happened of the past couple of years that it seems overwhelming when I sum it up. I left Europe and came back to Oklahoma. I've missed Europe so desperately at times that it's been crushing. My house burned down, I've had never ending car trouble, my dating life has been disappointing and has left me feeling desperate and dateless and lonely. And yet finally, after 2+ years of unhappiness, things have started to come together. I got a job offer in Stillwater, Oklahoma and the kids and I moved in August. Brian came back from Iraq with a whole new attitude and since Christmas, we've been together. I'm happy, I have a job I like. I work with people I like. I have wonderful friends close by. I'm in love. I'm in love with someone I've known since I was 12 years old. I'm not neurotic or insecure around him. He's known me forever. I trust him completely. I'm content.

But I don't want for the contentment to turn into complacency. I have things I want to accomplish for ME.
Old 02-22-2012, 10:01 AM   #132
Senior LCF Member

I bought a Turbo Tower from walmart.com. It was $97 with free site to store shipping...it arrived on Monday and I got it all put together and actually used it last night. LOVE IT! I like how easy it is to adjust the height of the bar and can put it really low for push ups and tricep dips...which was so much nicer to my shoulder. So, having the new toy, I HAD to work out last night. I did Physique 57 volume 2 57 minute workout. Those bar workouts are so much harder than they look and something about P57 makes me whine. The music is great and everything but there is such a dread factor and I always just want to lay down and cry. But I made it all the way through...albeit with some modifications and a few breaks.

I've done ok on the eating. Not great. But a bit better. I texted Brian last night and told him that I could not be trusted in the house with a box of his leftover oreos! He laughed...told me to quite eating cookies. By the time I got the text, I had already put down the oreos and gone to the other room to exercise but was whiney while exercising because he didn't text back quickly enough. I really need to chill. This is Brian. This is not any of the other people I've dated in my past. This is they guy who has never cancelled. Never broken a promise. Of course, he doesn't make many promises, but if he says he's going to do something, he does it. There I things I WISH he would agree to do and I get upset when he won't. When he says no, it's no. Period. but at the same time, being that cut and dry is comforting because I know that when he says yes...it's Yes! No waffling.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:54 AM   #133
Senior LCF Member

Did fairly well for breakfast and lunch yesterday and then it fell apart at dinner. Mia and Charly were supposed to come over. Then Mia called and was still in Enid, then son in law called and asked if I could go pick up granddaughter ... it just all got crazy and I ended out having to drive to Perry (half hour away) to get Charly baby. Grrrr. But glad to have her here just the same. Have my menu all planned for today and hope I stick to it. It is Sydni's dance night and then there is movie night at her school and I will have to be strong and resist the popcorn and snacky stuff. I'm going to have Mia take Syd to dance class so I can work out during that time and squeeze it in before the movie night thing....cause I still just can't get out of bed in the mornings. Need to work on that. I miss Brian calling in the mornings to wake me up.
Old 02-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #134
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I'm trying to get back on the bandwagon too! Summer is too close! I'm so happy that things are going great for you
Old 02-27-2012, 11:13 AM   #135
Senior LCF Member

Dani Ė Iíve missed you. I know that we are still in touch on facebook but itís different. Come join me. Be my buddy. We can check in with each other here and on FB to encourage each other to do our callanetics and stuff. Come on. No time like the present.

Did NOT do well this weekend at all. Had my granddaughter for the weekend and she was a bit fevery so I just spent the weekend doing whatever she told me to do. Anywho, back at it today. Got up and started Callanetics 10/10 this morning only to be interrupted about 5 times by the phone. For some reason my ex husbands and my roommate think its ok to call me early in the morning when Iím trying to get ready for work or exercising. Grrr!!! The only person I want to hear from that early is my boyfriendÖand the only reason he has ever called that early is because Iíve asked him to call me when he heads out to PT so that Iíll get up and exercise too. He forgets most of the time or is running late so he rarely calls.
Menu today:
B Ė cottage cheese, yogurt, walnuts, coffee
L Ė steak lettuce wraps with laughing cow light blue cheese wedge
S Ė fresh sugar snap peas, ff sf yogurt
D Ė shrimp salad
I think Iíll make some of the espresso custard for dessert this evening. Love that stuff. AND I will work out again this evening since I didnít get in a full workout this morning.
Come join me Dani!!!
Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #136
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Awwwww miss you too!

Ok, I will post here with ya! I'm also posting again with the South Beach Vets on the challenge thread.

That's great that you are doing callanetics again! I really need to get back into them. I was able to do some post-baby when on maternity leave but I have such a hard time finding the time and willpower to exercise now that I'm back to work full-time. Mornings are too chaotic and Lucas hasn't been sleeping too great lately (probably teething) so I can't wake up any earlier than I do or I will be comatose at work. Afterschool I don't have a lot of time before having to pick him up from daycare (and I'm usually getting schoolwork done so I don't have to do it at home). That basically leaves me with a little time after he goes to bed or weekends.

I wish the weather was warmer...I'd be all about taking the babe out for a walk in the stoller.

Your menu sounds delish! What's espresso custard?
Old 02-28-2012, 07:43 AM   #137
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Poor grandbaby! I bet you are an awesome grandma!
Old 02-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hey Dani Ė I try to be a good Nana. Itís way easier to be a good Nana than to be a good mom. Momís have to learn everything for the first time. Iíve done this before so itís not new. PLUS, I can send her home whenever I want so there is a different mentality. You know that she is just there for a limited time so you can be more patient and stuff. I mind pretty well. Best thing ever was when this weekend she said ďChar love dat NanaĒ. AwwÖmelt melt melt
Went home yesterday evening and did Bar Method Fat Free up to the ab section (since I did Callanetics abs yesterday morning before getting interrupted). BUT then I popped in Physique 57 Arm and Ab booster and did it so I got extra arm and ab work. I skipped the push ups and tricep dips on the P57 workout since I did them in the Bar Method workout. Donít ya love how I piece together bits of this and that?
Ended out having baked chicken instead of shrimp last night cause I forgot to thaw the shrimp. But otherwise did very well, I think. Woke up early this morning and felt like my arms were nailed to the bedÖso I stayed in bed! Iíll have to work out this evening since I didnít get up this morning. My butt is feelin that bar method work, let me tell ya! Especially from the side angle work that works the sides of the bum. Anyway, tonight I plan to do Bar Method Designer Sculpting and finish it off with ab work from Squeeze Stronger.
Old 02-29-2012, 06:50 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

I did not get in my planned workout yesterday. See this is why I really need to drag myself out of bed and do it in the morning but just can't seem to do it. Last night a friend that I went to college with was in town. We haven't seen each other in almost 10 years so we sat and just talked and caught up. It was so wonderful and worth missing the workout. Zero guilt. The only guilt was NOT getting out of bed this morning to get it done. Had trouble getting to sleep last night and it was almost 1 before I finally drifted off which makes a 5:30 wake up call impossible to heed. But I can't give up. I have to keep trying. So I'm going to go home tonight and do the workout that was planned for yesterday.

Food - I'm doing so much better on the food. Haven't noticed a difference on the scale but honestly, it's only been 2 days and I didn't weigh myself monday so there may have been a difference that I don't know about. Maybe I should just pull a Paula Deen and throw the scale out but I know that it is so easy to just let yourself slide and then one day you realize none of your clothes fit (hello...today!!!) and then you step on the scale and go "Crap! Where did that 15 pounds come from?" So I need that bit of a reality check to keep me from going off the deep end. I can't ever give up me. It's not an option.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:24 AM   #140
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey Cookie, didn't mean to disappear on you. DH and I have been battling the norovirus. We think he caught it from someone at work. DH left work in the afternoon Tues and threw up so much (as well as the other end ) that he ended up getting very lightheaded and was afraid he was going to pass out alone. I wasn't due home from work for another couple of hrs (plus baby was at daycare) so he ended up calling for an ambulance. He spent a few hrs in the ER getting saline to rehydrate before being sent home. Meanwhile, I started throwing up myself later that same evening. My mother was a god-send and came up to take care of the baby for us. We basically lived in our bedroom for the next two days. Thankfully my mom and Lucas haven't gotten it. Lucas has a cough, but I don't think it is related. We are going to attempt going back to work on Monday.

So, while I had several great eating days earlier in the week, I have been living on fluids, toast and saltines lately. I was able to keep down some chicken soup last night. Not really how I'd like to lose weight, but I'm guessing I am down a few pounds.

How about we commit to a once-a-week weigh-in? I'm thinking of getting on the scale Monday.

Have a great weekend.

Last edited by Danipower714; 03-02-2012 at 03:25 AM..