Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2009, 09:13 AM   #91
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Hope you have a good week getting readjusted!
Danipower714 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 11:34 PM   #92
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Shimmerfly
Stats: 237/227/165 5'8
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 14.02.11
Hey Cookie! Welcome home!

**tiptoes out of thread** to not WAKE YOU UP!
Shimmerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:49 AM   #93
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
Cookie, I am fine. Thanks for asking! The more important question is how are you doing with all that is going on and when will you be in the states?

Have a great day, Cookie.
Bring it on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:37 AM   #94
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: mama pooh bear
Stats: 409/311.8/150
WOE: RNY 8-3-2010 at (401) - Atkins New version
Start Date: New Beginning - 4-11-2012
How are you Cookie?? Have a wonderful Friday and Weekend Jean
mama pooh bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:16 AM   #95
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: vfCookie
Stats: kilo 109/83.9/70
WOE: South Beach
Start Date: 24 August 2007
Hey everyone! Thanks for the well wishes.

I'm finally over the jet lag and back on a normal sleep schedule. The kids are back in school and my youngest just loves it! I sometimes forget that she has never gone to school in the US and so all of this is really new for her... the school bus, cafeteria, nice teachers, kids that are her size, small towns with nice neighbors and kids who run around playing. It is just like a little heaven for her.

So, today I am ready to rejoin the real world and get back to business. I've done a little shopping to get me started and have my exercise room set up enough to get started. I, of course, want to re-acquire some heavier weights and a nice thick exercise mat, some more step risers... all those things I had to leave behind. But, as with other things in life, I must be patient and the things that mean that are most important will eventually be mine.

Cookie

If stress burned calories, I'd be a size 5!

proud member of the 60 lb club!

Cookie Crumbs (journal)
vfCookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:27 PM   #96
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookie! So glad you are back! That is great that DD loves school. Have you seen your granddaughter?
Old 05-11-2009, 09:03 PM   #97

So glad you are settling back into a routine. Bit by bit the gym will come together.
Old 05-12-2009, 03:19 AM   #98
Major LCF Poster!

Cookie is in the States! Yeah! I wish you the best Cookie. Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2009, 01:16 PM   #99
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Saw the video of your granddaughter on Facebook. OMG is she precious!
Old 05-12-2009, 03:06 PM   #100
Senior LCF Member

Well my eating has not yet gotten back on plan yet but today I took a 45 minute walk with the neighbor and did the Power squeeze workout... I did turbo jam on Sunday. So, I'm getting back into it slowly but surely.

Dani - thanks... she is a living doll!
Old 05-13-2009, 11:37 PM   #101

One day at a time! At least you are exercising - not like other **stares at self** people. :|
Old 05-17-2009, 03:48 AM   #102
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cookie,

Just wishing you well and saying Hello.
Old 05-17-2009, 04:13 PM   #103
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey there sweets...hope you had a great weekend!
Old 05-28-2009, 06:03 PM   #104

Helloooooooooo!?
Old 05-29-2009, 04:25 AM   #105
Senior LCF Member

Hey Shimmy. Havin a serious bout of the blah's. I did actually exercise yesterday but can't seem to stay away from the ice cream and peanut butter cups at the moment. Just stressed from the job hunting.

Thanks for the little hellloooooo... I needed it.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:07 AM   #106
Major LCF Poster!

Hi Cookie,

I hope you find yourself in better spirits for the weekend.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:26 PM   #107
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Big hugs to you my dear!
Old 05-30-2009, 03:03 PM   #108
Senior LCF Member

Well still paniced about the job hunt thing, but I have exercised two days in a row and have stayed on plan for the last 2 days as well, so that is a step in the right direction. No sense stressing myself out even more by being paranoid about weight gain. That is something that I control. My choices... no one else's. I do not have to be an overweight person. I do not have to be miserable about the way I look and feel physically. I and I only have total control of the actions that I take or fail to take in order to feel and look the way that I want.

4 months to 40...

Thanks for the well wishes.

Love you all!!!
Old 06-01-2009, 04:29 PM   #109
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I still can't believe you are going to be 40 ...hope I can look as good as you do one day!

Keep up the good work girl...you can do it!
Old 06-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #110
Senior LCF Member

Perhaps daily journaling will help my spirits and my motivation. I've stayed on plan tody with a very minor deviation... I had a 100 calorie bag of smart pop popcorn. Not sure if that really falls into South Beach eating. Other than that, I had a big salad at lunch, string cheese & the popcorn for snack, and I'm currently cooking roast chicken, green beans, and mashed faux-tatoes for dinner.

I did 30 minutes of cardio this morning... the step portion of Cathe's 4 Day Split Lower Impact Step... plus Power Squeeze (also 30 minutes). I forced myself to exercise BEFORE leaving the house to do my "to do" list. I knew if I left the house that I would not want to exercise later.

SOOOO glad I did it this way. Other than that, I applied for a couple more jobs, renewed my driver's license (that was fun...went back to maiden name and had to do some slick negotiating to get them to accept my French divorce decree without a translation), applied for a new social security card (yep, doin all that name change stuff), and also did a load of laundry. So, not too bad. I am trying to make sure that I find at least 2-3 jobs every day to apply for. Sometimes its more, but it has never been less than 2.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:03 PM   #111
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sometimes on the run I will eat those 100 cal. packs. I don't think they are that bad...true not entirely on plan, but a hell of a lot better than what I used to eat!

I think the daily journaling will be good for you!
Old 06-13-2009, 08:52 AM   #112
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Where's my sweet Cookie?

Any luck on the job front?
Old 06-16-2009, 10:43 PM   #113

I hope you are feeling more settled.

**bump**
Old 06-17-2009, 07:39 AM   #114
Senior LCF Member

Job? What job?

I am so tired of searching and applying. I did have an interview on friday for THE department that I want to work for. I had told my friends in Europe that this is exactly where I wanted to work here, so now I just have to wait and see. The waiting and hoping is excruciating.

I am, however, trying to take positive steps towards improving my health and starting the scale moving downward again. I have had no diet soda in a week. Ok, I had a diet limeade yesterday but I'm not sure where that falls in... soda? not soda? I'm saying not soda. I have not smoked in a week. yippee. I have not been doing too bad on the eating front, except for at night. Night time is when I used to smoke a lot. I never smoked much during the day, but at night time I became a chimney. Now I want to munch and with temperatures being so hot, ice cream is my poison of choice. So I got rid of the rest of that yesterday and am trying to brainstorm ideas to get me through the evening without munching.

I have started exercising again. I am doing Callanetics and Jillian Michaels 30 day shred. I didn't think I would like the Jillian Michaels workout when I watched it, but after having tried it a couple of times, I really really like it. It is a pretty intense 20 minute workout and she is surprisingly encouraging. Not your typical encouraging... she doesn't tell you 'just do what you can'... no no no she tells you to hang in there and push yourself. The whole time she keeps telling you that if you only want to workout for 20 minutes and see results then you're gonna have to push yourself for the whole 20 minutes with no rest. She shows some modifications such as knee push ups and more shallow squats, but she does not modify the cardio. She says she has 400 lb clients that can do jumping jacks, so can you. kind of a hard ass but I find that is exactly what I need right now.

Eating... as I said, I do great for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. At least half of my dinners are on plan but then comes evening ice cream attacks. One of the things that I have always had trouble with is portion sizes. Even though south beach doesn't define portion sizes, we all know that it does matter. I remember sitting an eating an entire south beach friendly pie. Just because something is sugar free and made with diet approved ingredients does not mean that it's ok to eat the entire thing! Thankfully my best friends here have decided to join forces with me and try to drop some pounds as well. They both have a lot of weight related health issues, so we are starting to plan our evening meals together around some menus listed on xenicals website. We don't take that stuff or any other kind of 'diet aid' (don't get me started on diet aids... waste of money, false claims, con artists...the 50 lbs I have lost so far were lost with NO "aid") Anyway, their website has menus ranging from 1200 to 2000 calories per day with 2 week menus for American, Southern, and Hispanic meals. The "American Fare" menu is very much a south beach phase 2 friendly plan... whole wheat bread & pasta, fruit, whole grains, etc. It encourages far more starchy foods that I eat so i will need to be careful and modify it to suit my own needs. But, I am hoping that the support of my friends and focusing on eating good healthy food will get that scale moving.

I think the most important factor in this is that I know that I will need to be the motivator. I have lost a significant amount of weight already. My friends need to lose weight due to health issues and are looking to me to help. Strange situation, but honestly I think that my friends needing me to set an example will actually keep me on track better. How can I possibly encourage my dearest friends to get healthy if I am the one pulling the ice cream out of the freezer?
Old 06-17-2009, 12:35 PM   #115
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Cookie, I'll be crossing my fingers for your job interview on Friday.

Go you for no diet soda or smoking! Don't you feel so much better giving them up? I'm really seeing a big difference in my overall appetite since ditching the diet soda. I think it made me crave carby crap. I hear you on the hot weather and wanting a cold treat. I buy the Edy Whole Fruit sugar free popsicles and have them those summer nights I really want a treat. The have yummy, refreshing flavors: tangerine, wild berry, strawberry etc. For mom's birthday last week I splurged and had some black raspberry frozen yogurt, but it was so yummy.

I am hearing a lot of positive comments about the 30 day shred. May have to give it a go. I'm getting sick of interval walking which has been my main cardio lately. I find that I have to change up my routines from time to time or I give up.

That is great that you can help your friends out with weight loss tips!! My best GF is on SB again. She lost 15 or 20 pounds on it last fall then went off it and gained it back over the course of the year. She is always wanting weight loss tips. LOL

Have lost 42 pounds since April 2011.
Old 06-17-2009, 05:36 PM   #116
Senior LCF Member

Lunch - salmon and veggie curry
Snack - pecans
Dinner - buffalo chicken salad
Dsrt - light peach crisp

The peach crisp also from the Cook yourself thin show... I made this for myself and my friends.

We really liked the buffalo chicken salad, but honestly the dressing was a bit bland for my liking. If I am going to have blue cheese, I want a strong blue cheese flavor because I love it! But the chicken itself was really good and completely made the salad, so I highly recommend the recipe if you substitute the dressing. One advantage of the dressing however, is that you mix the dressing in with all of the lettuce before plating it, so that you are getting just a little dressing...just enough to make the lettuce moist, but not enough to drown your salad. I love dressing and tend to drown.

I got in my hour plus of exercise again today. I did Phase 1 of 30 day shred again plus an hour of Bar method. I have decided to alternate Bar Method and Callanetics so that I hit the muscles from different angles using different exercises. I really like the bar method workouts, but there are some things that I like callanetics for better so I'm going to do them on alternating days teamed up with 30 day shred. At least for the next 30 days to see the results.

I was devastated when i got on the scale today. I am actually up about 5 lbs. My all time low was last September, on my birthday. I saw that weight for about 5 seconds and the next morning it was back up so I never actually counted it. I am up about 3 or 4 kilo from my signature weight but am not too sure since I'm back to weighing in pounds again. So anyway, in total if you count that all time 5 second low, I am up 13 pounds from that... up 9 pounds from my average of the past 6 months.

I have been in denial, trying to pretend that it is just water weight or whatever, because my weight has been known to fluctuate as much as 4-5 lbs on a daily basis. It is completely psycho. However, I can't keep pretending or else the weight I lost will once again be found and I am determined not to let that happen. Plus, we all know that with determination and sincere devoted effort, those nine pounds (plus the other 4) will be gone within a few short weeks and I will again see that low and even lower. And this time it will last longer than a heartbeat.
Old 06-20-2009, 07:17 AM   #117
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You can do it!

Have a great weekend!
Old 06-20-2009, 09:41 AM   #118
Senior LCF Member

I did NOT get the job.

I consoled myself with a cookie, but only one. And it didn't make me feel any better at all. I'm not sure that anything will at this point.

All I can do is keep trying and I am. I keep applying for jobs, any job really, an I keep trying to be careful about what I eat. But physically I just want to sink into depression and stay on the sofa.

At least I'm not smoking, drinking, or stuffing myself. Those are positives.

I had one soda yesterday, but it is the only one I've had in over a week, so that's a positive.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:45 AM   #119
Major LCF Poster!

Cookie, You are doing a great job. Just keep plugging away! You are not letting the stress or disappointment alter your commitment to yourself!
Old 06-20-2009, 05:29 PM   #120
Senior LCF Member

I drug myself out of my funk with concentrated effort today. I tracked everything on ****** and entered the actual amounts from the labels in my kitchen. I actually have not gotten enough calories today.

According to ****** my intake today has been 968 calories. I am sure that it is accurate because I have measured everything for accuracy and entered the info from my kitchen for additional accuracy. Ok, so I know that this is not "enough" calories, but I have not been "hungry" so I am not too worried about it since I know that the calories came from good whole foods. No junk... with the exception of my calorie free sweetner and sugar free coffee mate.

As much as I didn't want to, I forced myself to exercise today. Just the 20 minute 30 day shred Phase 1 workout... but that is an intense 20 minutes. You go non stop for that 20 minutes and I keep having to lower my weights on some of the stuff because of the pace.

A little bit of brightness today (seems like a reward) I have an interview for a job this coming Friday. It is by no means THE job... it is an entry level sales associate at a cool store. The manager apologized for not having any upper level management openings. She has no idea how desperate I am right now. I honestly just want to work right now. I know that once I have a job... ANY job... I will relax, destress and then be able to take my time finding THE job. I have decided that, since I am running up against a lot of employers who feel I am overqualified and therefore are hesitant to hire me, I am going to pick up a class towards my Master's degree. This will make me a "student" and employers hire "students" for jobs they are overqualified for. That should give me just enough breathing space to relax.

Now, I honestly have no idea what kind of master's I want to pursue which is why I am going to just take one class...probably in management or maybe even a French conversation class if I can swing it. It will depend on class times and work schedules.

Please keep sending positive job vibes my way, and thanks for all of your support. Dani and Rich, I just don't know where I'd be without your encouragement. Thanks so much for thinking of me from time to time. It really does mean a lot.