Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2012, 11:59 AM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009

Last edited by Happy2be; 05-09-2012 at 12:01 PM..
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2012, 12:00 PM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawleys14 View Post
Melanie - so glad that I found your journal....and you are a inspiration to me... I also want this soooo much... with three grandbabies.. I want to be there and see them grow up..... plus want to feel and look better...

thanks for your journal and your journey..... it really helps us.. thanks again..
So glad that you found me too!!!! I am so glad that I can be of help to you. You can do this and if you need any help let me know. God knows I'm not perfect, but I am determined and I will be in the 100's SOON!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 12:48 PM   #243
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Amber~ Love the new title!!! Its nice having your own journal and being able to say whatever you want. I just figured that if I posted my short comings as well as my accomplishments in a thread that it would help people that were struggling too. Apparently not. I am starting to know where I can post what now.

Maggie~ You betcha!!! We all will. This is the year for all of us to get to onederland and stay there!!!!

My knees are so sore today. I think I might have overdone it a tad. I tried to do some zumba from youtube videos last night and just didn't get a good enough workout so after dinner I went to an actual zumba class. I sweated my butt off, it was so hot in the basement of this church. Before my shower weighed myself just to see what it said and freaked out when it said 219. But by this morning it read 214.2

Took some tylenol and going to take it easy today. Then ZUMBA tomorrow night.
I know your body is ing the exercise your getting in. I need to get my behind back to the gym soon and get some swimming in with the warmer weather approaching. Zumba does sound fun, need to try this. KUTGW lady , it is showing.
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:31 AM   #244
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hey hun wanted to wish you a good day!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

Maggie~ Zumba is so much fun!!! I need to do it more than once or twice a week, but anything to start. I really want to get in a routine to start going to the gym.

Amber~Thank you!!! I wanted to let you know I have been up late most of this week reading your old journal. Your skinny to bride one. I can relate to so much of the stuff you were going through. I'm only on page 36, so I have a way to go.

212.8 this morning. Back to where I was before my hiatus. Looking forward to getting into a new number this week!!!! Going to get my hair done today. Can't wait. It needs trimmed and colored so bad. Going to ZUMBA tonight with my friend. She doesn't always go but she is able to go tonight!!! WOO HOO!!!

Old 05-10-2012, 10:44 AM   #246
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Maggie~ Zumba is so much fun!!! I need to do it more than once or twice a week, but anything to start. I really want to get in a routine to start going to the gym.

Amber~Thank you!!! I wanted to let you know I have been up late most of this week reading your old journal. Your skinny to bride one. I can relate to so much of the stuff you were going through. I'm only on page 36, so I have a way to go.

212.8 this morning. Back to where I was before my hiatus. Looking forward to getting into a new number this week!!!! Going to get my hair done today. Can't wait. It needs trimmed and colored so bad. Going to ZUMBA tonight with my friend. She doesn't always go but she is able to go tonight!!! WOO HOO!!!
Enjoy your day Melanie, especially the Zumbaing!
Old 05-10-2012, 01:18 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Maggie. I'm afraid I might have problems with my knees. I bent down to get my shoes and it hurt my knee. I might have overdone it the other day. We will see how it goes tonight.

Love, my hair. Just got a shape up but it is so lovely!!!! Another +my 18's are a little big today. Can't wait for 16's!!!
Old 05-10-2012, 04:25 PM   #248

WOW that is a lot of reading, LOL I think there are 2 Bride ones, LOL I should g back and read it myself maybe get a little more strict with myself, the problem is I like what I am eating I feel good so it is hard to be strict! LOL
Old 05-10-2012, 09:17 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

Don't change it if you like it. I'm reading skinny to bride right now.

I am so achey today. Not sure if its the diet, working out, or just slept wrong. My neck is hurting, and my head. As well as my knee a bit. Which I'm pretty sure I hurt my knee the other day trying to get it to crack.
I took tylenol yesterday and this morning and just took a motrin. Hoping I feel better soon.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:50 AM   #250
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Happy Friday Melanie, have a good weekend!

Old 05-11-2012, 08:52 AM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning Ladies!!!! Virgin territory here today... 211.8!! WOO HOO!!!!

I'm feeling better today. Aches are almost gone minus a little headache but nothing major. Not much going on today, I have to go run some errands.

For mothers day, my husband and I have put together a get together at my grandmas. With my 2 of my aunts and uncles, my mom and dad, Hubby's mom and dad, and my cousins. My grandpa broke his hip so he can't go anywhere and my grandma can't leave him, so we were going to have it at our house but we decided to just take everything there. So we have to get that stuff ready. I wanted to do something for all of my favorite moms on mothers day!!! I also got my grandma a corsage to wear to church on Sunday and can't wait to give it to her. When I was little, my mom used to get corsages for my grandmas on easter and mothers day and she hasn't done it for years. I was feeling sentimental the other day and thought I would get one. I am going to get everyone else a little flower to give them at the picnic!!!

Have a great day!!!
Old 05-11-2012, 10:05 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good night until bedtime for the kiddos tonight. UGH. DS5 fell asleep right away and then took DS2 an hour to fall asleep, just as she was falling asleep and I was tiptoeing out.... You guessed it DS5 starting stirring. She is still awake up there waiting for me to come back. I told her I had stuff to do and she needed to go to sleep like a big girl. UGH!!!

I spent most of the night looking in the recipe room for some new ideas. I made DH and I two mini cheesecakes. They were pretty good. I tried making cheese crisps and I did master the mozzarella cheese crisp rolled up with some peperoni. If I actually make some for a meal I will have some sauce with it. That would have made it. I found an ice cream recipe and I'm excited about using our ice cream maker that we got as a christmas present probably 3 years ago. LOL It will be perefect to try for Dh's bday in June and mine in July. Plus I have already decided that I want an angel food cake with sugar free icing. A friend of mine had this awesome cake at her bday and I was on lc and didn't want to try it until her mom told me that it was a diabetic recipe that she has been making for her since she had problems with her kidney. She has since had a transplant and is healthy as ever but she loves the cake still. So I am going to get the recipe. It also has strawberries on top!!!

I pulled out my measuring tape because I am going to start taking my measurements once a week as well. I am planning on hitting the gym hardcore and when the scales quit moving, I want to see that I am still losing inches.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 AM   #253
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Sounds like you are off and running to a great weekend and week! on the VWT!
Old 05-12-2012, 06:12 AM   #254
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Hey girl, checking in on ya. Hope you have a good weekend and a Happy Mother's Day!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:33 AM   #255
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Congrats on 211!!!! I'm so excited for you. You're less than 12 away from onderland!! Your mothers day plans sound so nice.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 11:10 PM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls. Had a good day today. Went to a friends house tonight with hubby for a little get together. It was fun. We all brought something and we took meatballs in sauce. Good thing we did. I are that and had maybe 15 peperonis. I wish I wouldn't have had the peperoni. I am so thirsty. I didn't drink enough water today so I'm not expecting much of a loss. Going to drink double the water tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping in girls and cheering me on. I hope u have a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers day!!!!!!!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:20 AM   #257
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hello girls. Had a good day today. Went to a friends house tonight with hubby for a little get together. It was fun. We all brought something and we took meatballs in sauce. Good thing we did. I are that and had maybe 15 peperonis. I wish I wouldn't have had the peperoni. I am so thirsty. I didn't drink enough water today so I'm not expecting much of a loss. Going to drink double the water tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping in girls and cheering me on. I hope u have a great weekend and a wonderful Mothers day!!!!!!!
Happy Mother's Day Melanie!

You are so close to your first May goal so excited for you! Pepperoni gets me every time, so good but salty. I hope you weekend is going well.

Old 05-13-2012, 07:20 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friends. I had a great day today. Lots of fun with family!!! DH ran to the store this morning and came back with a bouquet of flowers. It was so nice and it brought tears to my eyes. Marah brought me home a handmade flower pin for mothers day. I wore it so proudly today!!! My grandma loved her corsage and was the hit at church, and my mom, mother in law and aunts, loved their flowers!!! It was a perfect day.

B: Atkins shake
L: Jello and a cucumber
D: Salad, burger with mayo and no bun, the cheese and salami out of pasta salad, a half plate of veggies and dip. YUM!!!

Hitting the working out this week!!!

Took my measurements tonight so I have something to compare to when the scale decides to not move then atleast I will know if I'm losing inches.
Old 05-14-2012, 03:50 AM   #259

Gosh hun, I never made it here to wish you a Happy Mother's Day, so Happy Mother's Day, oh the corsage thing is so lovely,I bet your Gram loved it! Glad to hear you are hitting the gym, take your measurments and then put them away for at least a month or so, measuring every week you will not see big movement and then get discouraged so once a month measure and take good notes where you put the tape, or it messes you up!
I have gotten out of hand with the eating, I was on the I am working out like a nut so I can eat like I am climbing Mt. Everest plan so gotta reign in back in this week! Ugghh I am so disgusted that I cant hold on to 199 I feel like I am destined to be 205 forever!
Old 05-14-2012, 12:51 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Hello friends, I saw 210.2 briefly today. I didn't believe it so I got on again, it went up to 211, then I saw 210 again and then 211.4 a few times. So I am saying 211.4. Tomorrow.

I worked out today and did my 4 mile leslie sansone dvd and then worked on my arms a little bit with weights. We need to go grocery shopping so I had a shake for Breakfast and lunch.
Old 05-14-2012, 12:52 PM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Amber~ Thanks. You will find your groove again and get there.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:38 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

OUCH!!!!! Wow my abs are on fire a little bit. I didn't even do crunches today. All I did was twist my waist as I was walking away the pounds. WOW, so I guess that works. YIKES!!!

Ok, so I have never been a huge drinker. I'm more of a social drinker and since being on atkins I think why bother with the extra carbs. When I did atkins years ago I would drink low carb beers and enjoy beer. This time around I haven't had a beer since we started and did have a margarita during my off few days last week. So the dilemma, I am going out of town for my sisters bday with my recently divorced aunt and my single sister and her friends. My aunt plans on drinking from what I can gather from our conversations. I don't want to seem like a not fun person, but I just don't want to have one or two just to be social and then have to burn the alcohol before I burn fat. So I probably won't drink at all. I don't worry about what I will have food wise. I will make it work and if I can't find something I will just pack snacks with me. I just don't want to derail this momentum and I want to get out of the 200's so bad!!!! I can be fun without drinking like a fish.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

I was hungry this evening, so I hate a late night snack... Hope it doesn't mess with the scale eating so late.

3 oz cream cheese
tbsp peanut butter
tsp of splenda
warmed up in the microwave and all mixed together!!! YUMMO and satisfying.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:44 AM   #264

Melanie- look at crystal light they have cocktail sf drink mixes you can take and add a shot of liquor and have one and still be social without undoing your hard work, I am not a big drinker either but will have an occasional vodka or rum or Michelob ultra, it is hard to watch everyone drink and you cant, crystal light has a mojito one that is really good! i did find Jose Cuervo has SF margarita mix I got at Wal Mart it is a little tart but that is hard to transport, the powders are good stick in purse and all set!
Old 05-15-2012, 05:31 AM   #265
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: brewstate
Stats: 238/152/129
WOE: LC JUDDD (started at 190)
Start Date: April 15, 2009
Hey Melanie! Just check in on you. Looks like you are doing awesome Way to go on virgin territory!
brewstate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 AM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

210!!!! Down 1.4!!! I don't know why I am so excited about that. Probably because its just one pound closer to being out of the 200's!!! WOO HOO!!!! I'm going to ZUMBA tonight and working it out!!! Going to try and do some glutes work if I can get my on demand to work. I have a few programs on my cable, yesterday I couldn't get it to load.

Amber~ Thanks for the info. I may just do that, much better than looking like a bump on the log.

Elise~ Thanks. I am determined to be out of the 200's by summer. I have a picture of me from years ago in my mind, and I need to go through my albums to dig it out. Thats what I am working for!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:54 AM   #267
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WTG Melanie! You will be out the 200's in no time! KUTGW and enjoy your Zumba class!

Old 05-15-2012, 11:51 AM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Here are some skinny pics.... For inspiration and to see where I'm going.

17 years ago...... I was 17 in this picture. Size 12 or 14

18 years ago..... in 1996. I was in a local fashion show Size 12 around 150 lbs

1997 or 1998.... not sure Probably size 14

2000 Size 16

2000 at my 22nd birthday. You can only see my silhouette, I wish someone had gotten the back of my shirt. The back was cut out except at my bra. I felt HOT!!!

Another one from same birthday. Size 16

2001 Size 16

2002 Size 16

I will be here again!!!! YES MAAM!!! Watch out Summer, IT'S ON!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06651.jpg (43.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06655.jpg (13.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06656.jpg (32.4 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06657.jpg (43.5 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06661.jpg (11.2 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg DSC066632.jpg (15.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06662.jpg (20.9 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06664.jpg (30.5 KB, 66 views)

Last edited by Happy2be; 05-15-2012 at 11:55 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:56 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Hmmm, I may grow my hair long. It hasn't been long for years. I forgot it was ever that long.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:24 PM   #270

Hun i was just going to say I like your long hair!! OK get busy growing it!!

Oh hun it is great to have a goal to shoot for just remember our little monkeys change our bodies, ahh to have the youth and pre baby bod back, LOL I think Bobby should pay for my boob job since I ruined them nursing him, LOL