Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2012, 09:04 AM   #211
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Maggie~ I am so glad that I was able to inspire you to post your picture. It helps to see the transformation.

Niki~ Thanks.

Amber~ Definitely helps to post and see the transformation!!! I don't think I'm real short, I'm 5'6, 5'7. The jeans I tried on were talls so they were long. LOL

Ok, its beautiful and the girls are getting restless. I'll be back later.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-30-2012, 10:19 PM   #212
Major LCF Poster!

Hello, I'm here. I notice that when I am not doing so well I don't post as much. I haven't eaten off plan but my heart just isn't in it right now. I have been crazy busy and the scale isn't budging. I'm not taking the time to prepare the food like I should and am not eating enough. I really want a piece of pizza. I need to workout this week, but just haven't had the energy or time yet. So thats my story. Trying to get out of this funk. Oh and also really cemented that I am an emotional eater tonight. I felt it and resisted it. Had a crummy evening to do with work and immediately I was wanting DQ and bad fried foods. But I resisted and came home and had a half of a ham steak.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:08 AM   #213
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello, I'm here. I notice that when I am not doing so well I don't post as much. I haven't eaten off plan but my heart just isn't in it right now. I have been crazy busy and the scale isn't budging. I'm not taking the time to prepare the food like I should and am not eating enough. I really want a piece of pizza. I need to workout this week, but just haven't had the energy or time yet. So thats my story. Trying to get out of this funk. Oh and also really cemented that I am an emotional eater tonight. I felt it and resisted it. Had a crummy evening to do with work and immediately I was wanting DQ and bad fried foods. But I resisted and came home and had a half of a ham steak.
Melanie

Thought you could use a few of those and I hope it helps some. I hear you on when you are not doing well not posting much you are not alone in that, alot of us do it. I wasn't doing well over a year ago and I just went MIA and then came back. Don't be too hard on yourself sweetie you are doing so well, we all have days where things just don't seem to be clicking. Yes, you have been working hard at this but try not to look at that scale and think that all your efforts are summed up in that thing. You were soooo excited going shopping and probably purchasing new clothes and remember the pants you tried on? Have you made other alternative LC Pizza? If so endulge in that and it will do you good and your body good. You resisted the temptations and I am sooo proud of you for that and you should be too! This journey to getting healthier for ourselves is a mental one and you are learning about yourself and that is all good. You've come a long way baby, we are not just not there yet!

Last edited by MagieDen; 05-01-2012 at 06:55 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #214
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
hun Maggie has good words, I know how hard it is I am going on 2 years of it, but I have seen people come and go when they stop posting is when they start gaining, even on bad days or days you cheat you come to your journal and blab, one thing I never missed a day of posting except over our wedding and honeymoon and I gained 22 pounds in 11 days, LOL We had fun and lots of booze, but I came home and it came off in 2 weeks plus a few more, so you do it, trust me, yesterday I lost my job and ate french fries, I never eat fried food but that is what I wanted so I ate it with some vodka and now its back to business!!! I am so proud of you, there will be up and down days, days you cheat but the thing that keeps you moving is getting back to it right away! You dont beat yourself up you move on!!!

You can do it!!!!
Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM   #215
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you both, I'm feeling better. We had our favorite pizza bake for dinner and it helped alot.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM   #216
Major LCF Poster!

Been thinking again....

Hello all. I have been thinking alot lately and wondered if this won't help us/me.
We all know that this WOE and having to watch what we eat is going to be a part of our lives forever, right? So I was in a funk, unjustified, but I still was. Instead of relishing in where I had come from, and all of the positive things, I got mad when the scale quit moving. Even though I had just came off of a 10day continuous scale drop. So day two comes, still nothing, day three of no scale change and actually going up a bit, I get down and discouraged. I start thinking about going off plan. Why not, the scale isn't moving anyway.... BAD, BAD.
So Today I did eat way too many carbs for me to lose weight, but I am not looking at it as a failed off plan day. It was just a too many carbs day. Tomorrow I plan on staying on enough carbs to lose weight.

I am on another thread and someone over there said, that you have to give yourself room for those grey days. I hope this helps as I feel very free by this way of thinking. I have to change the way I think and I have to change the way I act about the scale to be healthy.

Went to ZUMBA and it was so much fun and it kicked my butt!!! My mom watched the girls for me while I went and I was running to go as she was getting home. I had on an XL T-shirt that I hadn't worn in 12 years, and a pair of gym shorts. My mom caught a glimpse of me and said, WOW... Look at you. You look great and I'm so proud of you. I even heard a catch in her voice. I said thanks and kept on going because I was late. The moment had passed by the time I got back but it was great to hear it from her.

I have to be positive and focus on the positive to be healthy!!!
Old 05-03-2012, 02:13 AM   #217
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Hello all. I have been thinking alot lately and wondered if this won't help us/me.
We all know that this WOE and having to watch what we eat is going to be a part of our lives forever, right? So I was in a funk, unjustified, but I still was. Instead of relishing in where I had come from, and all of the positive things, I got mad when the scale quit moving. Even though I had just came off of a 10day continuous scale drop. So day two comes, still nothing, day three of no scale change and actually going up a bit, I get down and discouraged. I start thinking about going off plan. Why not, the scale isn't moving anyway.... BAD, BAD.
So Today I did eat way too many carbs for me to lose weight, but I am not looking at it as a failed off plan day. It was just a too many carbs day. Tomorrow I plan on staying on enough carbs to lose weight.

I am on another thread and someone over there said, that you have to give yourself room for those grey days. I hope this helps as I feel very free by this way of thinking. I have to change the way I think and I have to change the way I act about the scale to be healthy.

Went to ZUMBA and it was so much fun and it kicked my butt!!! My mom watched the girls for me while I went and I was running to go as she was getting home. I had on an XL T-shirt that I hadn't worn in 12 years, and a pair of gym shorts. My mom caught a glimpse of me and said, WOW... Look at you. You look great and I'm so proud of you. I even heard a catch in her voice. I said thanks and kept on going because I was late. The moment had passed by the time I got back but it was great to hear it from her.

I have to be positive and focus on the positive to be healthy!!!
Melanie this post is so right on. The scale can get a person Exciting to hear that your mother noticed the wonderful changes you are going through. Take heart you are doing the best thing for your health by not giving in to what the scale says. Whooo Hoooo on the XL T-shirt, I can fit in some but not all so good for you! I hope you had fun at Zumba, give your body a chance to settle down and that number thingy will catch up. Have a beautiful Thursday, for a beautiful lady.

Old 05-03-2012, 02:24 PM   #218
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks Maggie.

In other news, I feel kind of like crawling under a rock. I got chastised, rightfully so, but still I feel bad and wish I could delete a post. Apparently being unfiltered doesn't always work.
Old 05-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #219
Major LCF Poster!

So, yesterday wasn't a great eating day and today isn't great either, but tomorrow is going to be. I ate too many carbs but I am not going to beat myself up over it. I refuse to do that anymore!!!!! It may take me longer to lose all the weight but I will lose it and keep it off because I will always work at it!!! I know that when you start feeling good people can abandon ship never to be seen again. I did that before, not going to make that mistake. I have lost 50 lbs and I'm not going to stop until I get another 50 off!!!!

Positive things......

1. I started in a size 24, now I am in a size 18.
2. I workout!!!! Everyday, no but I am working on it.
3. I went to put on a pair of capris that i thought of as my "skinny capris" I think I even wore them on my cruise a month ago and they were too big... I had to look at the tag because I thought they were 20's.... Nope 22's. So another pair of capris to get rid of.
4. Usually I don't rid of clothes, I pack them up and put them in the attic. Not this time.... I went through my closet and took everything out that doesn't fit me and I have been selling them and making money!!!
5. When I started ZUMBA about 3 months ago I couldn't do the jumping jacks for the whole time in one song, now I can and miss it when we don't do that song. LOL

So many more things, but this is on my mind right now.

Off to start dinner.

Taco Bake.
Old 05-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #220
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

all your positives for keep on keepin' on. You go girl!
Old 05-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #221
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thanks Maggie.

In other news, I feel kind of like crawling under a rock. I got chastised, rightfully so, but still I feel bad and wish I could delete a post. Apparently being unfiltered doesn't always work.
Old 05-04-2012, 04:45 AM   #222

Hun that is super to make a list of positives that are not related to that freaking scale! I swear that scale will kill us, finally I can go back to the gym, I am eating so carefully and I am up, its like OMG, it is so frustrating, but as Tony said I am probably swelling more in my belly from the exercise, but still it just makes you want to scream and those damn numbers dictate our day it is crazy!

Also very smart to get rid of the clothes, I used to keep them and then you allow yourself to grow back into them, everything I buy now I get tight so I can work on making them fit better. Plus the tighter the clothes the smaller you look.

I have no doubts you will get that other 50 off, just remember this 50 is going to be slower and harder to get off, so you gotta have patience and trust in the healthy habits ok? As long as you are sticking to it, it will come off!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:34 PM   #223

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Whole Foods. No Sugar
Here to cheer you on and for inspirational support!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:02 PM   #224
Major LCF Poster!

Hi I love new visitors!!!! Grab a piece of bacon and come along for the ride.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:17 PM   #225
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you so much Amber and Maggie!!!! You are my wonderful supporters and don't know what I would do without you!!!!
Old 05-04-2012, 11:41 PM   #226
Major LCF Poster!

I had a wonderful day today. It didn't go as planned, but it was still wonderful and a blessing. I drove 3 hours for this womans party, talk to her 2 times on the way. Get there and she informs me that noone is coming!!!! Really?? I just drove 3 hours!!!! Well my sister lives in this same said town, so I called her as I knew that she was going to meet friends for dinner, and told her to text me the address where she was because I was coming..... My sister was like huh, what??? I thought you had a party... I say, well yes, I will tell you all about it when I get there. The lady wanted to reschedule..... I said uh, no don't think so. Not doing this again. I did tell her that I would get her in touch with someone local. Geez.

Went and met my sister and her friends and had a wonderful adult sissy time!!!! It was wonderful. My sister and I don't get these times very often because she lives 3 hours away and most times when I go to visit I take the girls with me because of course they want to see their Aunt as well and then no quality time. So I sat and visited with my sister for about 2 hours and then headed home..... 3 hours. LOL What a day, I turned that lemon into lemonade.

Ok, I should have been in bed hours ago. Have to take the little one to soccer in the morning.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:19 AM   #227

Hun what do you sell that the lady was having a party? I started selling the Wildtree Herbs now with losing my job I really need to get on it. We love the stuff so I wanted to do it just to get the stuff I am not good at asking people to have parties. Gosh that is so rude though with the price of freaking gas, but it sounds like you ended up having a good time anyway wiht sis, so that is a plus!
Have a good weekend, I am betting all longshot trifectas on the derby and hoping to win half a million, LOL!!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:08 PM   #228
Major LCF Poster!

I sell Premier Designs Jewelry.

Did you win millions tonight?

Had a great day, but I'm getting tired and ready to head to bed. Up early for soccer. Then on the way home a local group was having a donation carwash and I just felt like I wanted to help out so we went in and donated $5. They did a decent job.

This evening we went to my cousins wedding. It was so much fun. The girls were so adorable dancing and having fun. I got a little sentimental though sitting there watching my babies dance together and have fun. They are just so smart and sweet and growing up way too fast. I was feeling so hot tonight, I almost wore a sundress but just wasn't feeling it, so I wore black capris and a dressy black top. Hubby was HOT!!!! I bought him a new shirt and jeans to wear tonight!!! Size 36 from a 42 and a Large shirt from 3X!!!!

I am so lucky and so blessed to have such a wonderful family!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 06:10 AM   #229

I didnt know hubby was doing this with you, that is super and wow he had a huge success as well!!! The kids do grow up too fast!!!!
Old 05-06-2012, 08:56 AM   #230
Major LCF Poster!

Yes, Yes, and Yes. LOL
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 AM   #231
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning, well afternoon now. Not much going on here. Going to get outside and enjoy this beautiful day. Probably go on a walk with the girls.

I'm thinking we will be having steak for dinner tonight. Hoping that the scale starts moving in the right direction soon. This week I have no parties or trainings so my plan is to Exercise Mon,Wed, Thursday and do something physical everyday. I'm going to try eat some more eggs this week.
Old 05-07-2012, 08:47 AM   #232
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Melanie it sounds as if you are in a good place now, so glad to hear it! I think your plan for exercise sounds solid

Have a wonderful Monday!

Old 05-08-2012, 08:18 AM   #233
Major LCF Poster!

I took a couple day hiatus from low carb and got back to it yesterday!!!! I didn't eat junk, just more like weight watchers.
I was 215 yesterday, 214.4 this morning.

Glad to see the scale moving in the right direction. I haven't worked out since Wed. last week. I need to kick my butt in gear and get some cardio in today. I don't have much to do today but clean the bathroom so I'm thinking I will do something this afternoon.

B: Atkins shake
L: 5 pieces of salami
1/4 cup of peanuts
D: double burger no bun
S: 5 sugar free dove candies.... 2c.

Next goal.... 16 lbs gone and out of the 200's by June 5th.
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM   #234
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
I took a couple day hiatus from low carb and got back to it yesterday!!!! I didn't eat junk, just more like weight watchers.
I was 215 yesterday, 214.4 this morning.

Glad to see the scale moving in the right direction. I haven't worked out since Wed. last week. I need to kick my butt in gear and get some cardio in today. I don't have much to do today but clean the bathroom so I'm thinking I will do something this afternoon.

B: Atkins shake
L: 5 pieces of salami
1/4 cup of peanuts
D: double burger no bun
S: 5 sugar free dove candies.... 2c.

Next goal.... 16 lbs gone and out of the 200's by June 5th.
You can do it!!! Have a wonderful day on your plan!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:14 AM   #235

HUn honeslty I have been at this for 2 years and I gotta say you cannot eat on plan 100% of the time forever unless you are a superfreak, I mean sometimes you gotta live, and you know what it is OK, and then you get back to it, the problem is when you dont go back, see you ate a little and then you lost, it happens, our bodies get used to what we do to it. I saw the thread where some peeps sort of jumped you for cheating, I totally disagree I think if you know you have an occasion and you plan to eat and then get back on that is life! You do what works for you, we all have to figure that out, could I weigh less if I was Ms. Perfect probably, but I would have given up many months ago!!! You are having tremendous success and it is going to get harder now that first 50 comes flying off, then it gets to be a bugger. Just hang in there!
Old 05-08-2012, 11:29 AM   #236
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Maggie!!!

Amber~ Thank you so much. I felt really bad from that lady. I couldn't believe some of her comments and references. Yikes!!! I truly believe that this process is all about your frame of mind and the support that I have gotten on here. Thats what keeps me coming back when I decide to not eat 100% clean. In the past if I would have went off, I went off and never came back because I thought I had failed. No, this is not a diet, its a way of life and I will always have to work at my weight and being thin. If I decide to eat more carbs then I should, well I know there are consequences, but I will be right back at it.

My eye is on the prize and I am in ultra focus mode!!!!
Old 05-09-2012, 05:49 AM   #237

I always say that is what made the difference for me I would start cheat and then say forget it, but when I joined on here if I ate I came back. I was on a thread as a newbie before I had my own journal and the one lady would scream at me if I admitted to eating something, and told me I wasnt dedicated I was so hurt, that was when I started my own journal and if I cheated I admitted it, I posted my weight no matter how bad or good, and I moved on, this is for life and each person has to figure out what works! You are doing that!

I have a new journal my other one filled up

Wonder Woman in Onederland
Old 05-09-2012, 07:39 AM   #238
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Thank you Maggie!!!

Amber~ Thank you so much. I felt really bad from that lady. I couldn't believe some of her comments and references. Yikes!!! I truly believe that this process is all about your frame of mind and the support that I have gotten on here. Thats what keeps me coming back when I decide to not eat 100% clean. In the past if I would have went off, I went off and never came back because I thought I had failed. No, this is not a diet, its a way of life and I will always have to work at my weight and being thin. If I decide to eat more carbs then I should, well I know there are consequences, but I will be right back at it.

My eye is on the prize and I am in ultra focus mode!!!!
I know you will be where you need to be in your health because of your determination.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #239
Major LCF Poster!

Amber~ Love the new title!!! Its nice having your own journal and being able to say whatever you want. I just figured that if I posted my short comings as well as my accomplishments in a thread that it would help people that were struggling too. Apparently not. I am starting to know where I can post what now.

Maggie~ You betcha!!! We all will. This is the year for all of us to get to onederland and stay there!!!!

My knees are so sore today. I think I might have overdone it a tad. I tried to do some zumba from youtube videos last night and just didn't get a good enough workout so after dinner I went to an actual zumba class. I sweated my butt off, it was so hot in the basement of this church. Before my shower weighed myself just to see what it said and freaked out when it said 219. But by this morning it read 214.2

Took some tylenol and going to take it easy today. Then ZUMBA tomorrow night.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM   #240
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: pawleys14
Stats: 305/277.8/175
Start Date: restarting August 11, 2013
Melanie - so glad that I found your journal....and you are a inspiration to me... I also want this soooo much... with three grandbabies.. I want to be there and see them grow up..... plus want to feel and look better...

thanks for your journal and your journey..... it really helps us.. thanks again..
pawleys14 is offline   Reply With Quote