Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2012, 10:34 PM   #151
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: tay65
Stats: On 1/6 - 215.6; current - 208.3 / 1st goal - 199
WOE: Counting calories
Start Date: March 2014
I just found your journal and WOW! you are one hot momma! Your pics are fantastic and my fav is the Easter pic. You look so happy! Congrats on your weight loss and your new found "spunkyness"! LOL
tay65 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2012, 10:55 PM   #152
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Aww, thank you so much!!! Ooh, I like that... Spunkyness. A whole bunch of layers and facets of me are coming out.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:24 PM   #153
Major LCF Poster!

Found this and wanted to put it where I knew it was.
So i just searched all over online and it looks like they dont make that product anymore that i was thinking of. BUT there are tons of ab exercises you can do though that wont put strain on your neck.
Lying flat on your back with your legs straight, lift legs off the floors, hold for a few counts, then lower to touch the floor. Repeat. I do about 25 reps of these.
Similiar to this you can also raise one leg to 90degrees while holding the other just above the floor, then switch (think like a scissor motion). Again, do 25 reps.
The mason twist is great. Sit on your butt, knees bent at 45 degrees and feet off the floor -youll need to lean back a bit- and ball your hands together. Tap the floor on your right side with your balled up fists, then the left. Twist back and forth repeating about 40-50 times.
These should get you started!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old 04-12-2012, 11:45 PM   #154
Major LCF Poster!

Research callanetics....

Apps. fitbit and GoWear Fit

Variation: Ball Squat

If you're just starting out, a stability ball can help with balance while you master the form. For each exercise on our list, aim for three sets of 15 repetitions. That's a good start for beginners, says master trainer Dori Ricci, NASM, CPT. Try to do each exercise three times a week.

Form: Keep the ball between your low back and a wall. Slowly perform the classic squat. Walk your feet out in front so the knees stay behind your toes.

Forward Lunge

This butt builder also tones the thighs and calves, and it's a pretty good calorie burner, too.

Form: Feet parallel, hip-distance apart, take one giant step forward. Lower your body slowly, bending both knees, and return to standing. Repeat on the other side. Bend your knees no farther than 90 degrees, front knee stacked directly over your front ankle. Do not rest your back knee on the ground.

When you step backward into a lunge, it works the glutes a little more intensely and adds variety to your workout. Lunges also help promote hip flexibility and proper alignment, which can suffer when people spend long hours sitting at a desk.

Form: Use the same posture as in a forward lunge, but step backward to position the lower leg. Remember not to let the front knee push out in front of your toes.

Variation: Side Lunge

The side lunge directly targets the muscle on the outside of the hips, the glutes, and tones the inner thighs, too.

Form: From a wide stance, bend one knee. Keep the shinbone under that knee vertical to the floor. If the knee falls inside the foot, use a shorter stance. Lean forward slightly, but keep your shoulders behind your knees to avoid injury. Choose a hand position that helps with balance.

On the Ball: Leg Lift

Leg lifts done while balancing on an exercise ball will strengthen your shoulders and abs, in addition to your glutes. As you get more fit, try lifting both legs simultaneously for a more challenging, butt-sculpting move.

Form: Keep your abs tight and back flat. Squeeze the gluteal muscles tight as you lift one leg. Just a few inches is fine, especially for beginners. Be careful not to engage the muscles of the lower back.

Floor Work: Bridge

This classic is a surprisingly good workout for the glutes, as well as the hamstrings and hips.

Form: Begin on your back with your knees bent, feet hip-width apart. Slowly peel your spine off the floor from the tailbone, one vertebra at a time, tightening the glutes and hamstrings. Pause when you create a diagonal line from shoulders to knees. Lower slowly, one vertebra at a time.

Floor Work: Side Leg Raises

This move targets the two smaller muscle groups in the buttocks, the gluteus medius and minimus. Raising the leg just a few inches will work these muscles.

Form: Lift the top leg while lying on your side. Keep the hips stacked and the torso still; both knees facing forward. For a variation that works slightly different muscles, you can turn the top leg out from the hip.

Floor Work: Dirty Dog

This butt-building move gained fame in the exercise videos of the 1970s as the "fire hydrant." It targets two of the muscles groups in the buttocks.

Form: Keep your knees hip-width apart and your hands directly under your shoulders, elbows straight. Gently stiffen the abs and keep your back in a neutral position with no sagging or arching. Slowly draw one knee up. Rotate the hip to bring the leg toward the torso, then away.

Floor Work: Running Plank

In addition to challenging the gluteal muscles, running plank works the shoulders, hips, and core muscles. Do it quickly to burn calories while building muscle.

Form: Engage the abdominal muscles to protect the lower back. Spread your fingers wide to protect the wrists.

Firm Up Without Bulking Up

Some people's muscles rise to a challenge by bulking up. If that's your genetic destiny — and you don't like a pumped up look — focus on aerobic activity over weight training. Don't crank the resistance up too high on an exercise machine. And skip the weights when you do butt-sculpting exercises.

Can You Shift Your Shape?

There's much talk in beauty magazines about a rounded, "Brazilian-style" butt. Targeted exercises can move a flat behind a little closer to this beauty ideal. But a workout will most likely enhance the shape you have: heart-shaped, pear, bubble, or another. For a dramatic reshaping, after a huge weight loss, for instance, cosmetic surgeons offer implants, lifts, and reshaping.

Dress Your Assets Down

Complement your workout with the right clothing style. Boot-cut and flared jeans balance out the hips and rear for a slimming effect. Long pant legs create the illusion of longer legs and a smaller booty. And back pockets can create amazing illusions. Just beware of super-long back pockets that can make your behind look flat or saggy, instead of showing off the great contours you earned at the gym.
Old 04-12-2012, 11:47 PM   #155
Major LCF Poster!

7 most effective exercises:

No. 1: Walking

Why it's a winner: You can walk anywhere, anytime, either on a treadmill or with no equipment other than a good pair of shoes.
How to: Beginners should start by walking five to 10 minutes at a time, gradually moving up to at least 30 minutes per session. As you progress, lengthen the time of your walks before boosting your speed or incline.

No. 2: Interval Training

Why it's a winner: Adding interval training to your cardio workout can boost fitness, burn more calories, and help you lose weight. The basic idea: Vary the intensity of your aerobic workout to challenge your body instead of loafing in your comfort zone.
How to: Push up the pace for a minute or two, then back off for 2-10 minutes, depending on the length of your workout and how much time you need to recover. Do this throughout the workout.

No. 3: Squats

Why it's a winner: Squats work multiple muscle groups - the quadriceps, hamstrings, and gluteals - at the same time.
How to: Keep your feet shoulder-width apart and your back straight. Bend your knees and lower your rear as if you were sitting down in a chair, keeping your knees over your ankles.

Squats: Technique Tip

Practice with a real chair to master this move. First, sit all the way down in the chair and stand back up. Next, don't sit all the way down; barely touch the chair's seat before standing back up. Lastly, graduate to doing squats without a chair.

No. 4: Lunges

Why it's a winner: Like squats, lunges work all the major muscles of the lower body. Lunges also help improve your balance.
How to: Take a big step forward, keeping your spine straight. Bend your front knee to approximately 90 degrees. Keep weight on your back toes and drop the back knee toward the floor - but don't let it touch the floor.

Lunges: Extra Challenge

Try stepping not just forward, but back and out to each side, with each lunge.

No. 5: Push-ups

Why it's a winner: Push-ups strengthen the chest, shoulders, triceps, and core muscles.
How to: Face-down, place hands slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Place toes or knees on the floor, creating a smooth line with your body, from shoulders to knees or feet. Keeping rear-end muscles and abdominals engaged, lower and lift your body by bending and straightening your elbows, keeping your torso stable throughout the move.

Push-ups: Too Hard? Too Easy?

Beginners may start doing push-ups leaning into their kitchen counters, then working their way down to a desk or chair, onto the floor with knees bent, and on the floor on their toes. To make it harder, put your feet on a stair, bench, or couch while maintaining good form.

No. 6: Abdominal Crunches - Method A

Begin by lying on your back with feet flat on the floor and palms supporting your head. Press your lower back down. Contract abdominals and raise first your head (tucking your chin slightly), then your neck, shoulders, and upper back off the floor.

Abdominal Crunches - Method B

Do crunches with your feet off the floor and knees bent. This technique may help you avoid arching your back; it also engages your hip flexors.

Abdominal Crunches: Troubleshooting

Keep your neck in line with your spine. Don't stick your chin out. Don't hold your breath. To keep chest and shoulders open, keep your elbows out of your line of vision.

No. 7: Bent-Over Row

Why it's a winner: The bent-over row works all the major muscles of the upper back, as well as the biceps.
How to: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, bend knees, and flex forward at the hips, then engage the abdominals and extend spine to add support. Hold weights beneath the shoulders with hands shoulder-width apart. Flex elbows and lift both hands toward the sides of body. Pause, then slowly lower hands to the starting position.

Bent-Over Rows: Tips for Beginners

Beginners should perform the move without weights. If you have trouble doing this exercise standing up, support your weight by sitting on an incline bench, facing backward.
Old 04-13-2012, 03:11 AM   #156
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun I just saw your email, but you found most of the things I said to you!! See you are a smart girlie!!! One thing that is true, if you tend to put on weight easily it also means you can build muscle easily sometimes, I was able to really add muscle and that is good it raises your resting metabolic rate to burn more calories, my husband who is naturally thin is always trying to build muscle, he works out everyday drinks all those shakes to bulk up and he just cant, women do not need to be afraid of muscle, it is our friend, we want to burn more calories, long term that is what will keep the weight off!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #157
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I use to exercise like crazy, but my back and legs won't allow it now. Makes losing wt very difficult.
If you do those exercises you'll look great! I could never exercise at home, I loved the gym. The only thing I did at home was ride my stationary bike.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:07 AM   #158

Hey hun:
I knew I had this bookmarked at work

Click on any body part, or any equipment and it will show you proper form for 900 exercises, I love this!!

Exercise Video Guides: 900+ Exercises with Instructions & Tips | Muscle & Strength
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 09:48 PM   #159
Major LCF Poster!

Awesome thanks!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 06:53 AM   #160

Hope you had a good weekend!!!
Old 04-15-2012, 07:21 PM   #161
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hope you had a nice weekend! I'm counting the hours til we go see my son at ft benning!
Old 04-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #162
Major LCF Poster!

Hello girls. Had an amazing weekend!!! I had training for my work and it was so uplifting and amazing!!!! WOW. Plus a little girl time with my bestest friends, laughing is such wonderful therapy.

Ate good. Didn't drink as much water as I would have liked and TOM is on its way so who knows what will happen this week. Going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Holding steady at 220.8 DD1 and I walked 1.5 miles tonight while I pushed the little one. It was so great to have both of us walking and getting healthy. Then after our walk the girls played at the playset. I really tuckered both of them out.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:59 AM   #163
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/Short Term Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Atkins 72
Start Date: 9/1/2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Hello girls. Had an amazing weekend!!! I had training for my work and it was so uplifting and amazing!!!! WOW. Plus a little girl time with my bestest friends, laughing is such wonderful therapy.

Ate good. Didn't drink as much water as I would have liked and TOM is on its way so who knows what will happen this week. Going to keep doing what I'm doing.

Holding steady at 220.8 DD1 and I walked 1.5 miles tonight while I pushed the little one. It was so great to have both of us walking and getting healthy. Then after our walk the girls played at the playset. I really tuckered both of them out.
Sounds like you had a great workout! Awesome on the walking, you know I it!

MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 01:56 PM   #164
Major LCF Poster!

As of this morning I am 217.4!! WOO WOO I have lost 43.6 lbs in 108 days!!! I'm in a new decade and never going to see the 220's again!!!

I did a dance cardio interval workout on Monday, nothing Tuesday and tonight I am going to do the walk away the lbs dvd I have and an ab workout. TOM is here and I'm just waiting for the weight loss to stop but so far not so much. I have been drinking atleast 64-80 ozs of water a day. Today I have been really releasing the water. I have been in the bathroom 4 times this hour.

mon menu:
B: atkins shake
L: Turkey and almonds
D: Steak salad with italian dressing

Tues menu:
L: pizza bake
S: atkins treat bar
D: leftover pizza bake
1/2 of a green pepper
S: lc ice cream treat

Wed menu:
B: Atkins shake (caramel cafe shake) I even have DH drinking them.
L: Omelet with bacon
D: Steaks on the grill and green peppers and mushrooms.

Last edited by Happy2be; 04-18-2012 at 02:06 PM..
Old 04-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #165
Major LCF Poster!

6.4 more lbs until my next goal!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:24 PM   #166
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

You are Rockin'this plan Melanie! KUTGW!

Old 04-18-2012, 09:09 PM   #167
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks. And I'm knocking on wood all the time. I feel like something is going to jinx me.

Last edited by Happy2be; 04-18-2012 at 09:16 PM..
Old 04-19-2012, 05:22 AM   #168
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Your doing great Mel!!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:42 PM   #169
Major LCF Poster!

216.2 this morning!!!

B:atkins shake
L: chicken nuggets from chik fil a
D:steak salad

I walked 2 miles with my walk away the lbs dvd this morning.
Old 04-19-2012, 02:47 PM   #170
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
216.2 this morning!!!

B:atkins shake
L: chicken nuggets from chik fil a
D:steak salad

I walked 2 miles with my walk away the lbs dvd this morning.
Girl you are amazing!!!! Leslie's walk videos!
Old 04-19-2012, 10:29 PM   #171
Major LCF Poster!

Maggie~ I don't know what the deal is. I feel as if I am going to wake up and the scale is going to say 250. It feels like a dream. I haven't seen a loss for this many consecutive days ever!!!

Not sure what tomorrow will bring. I checked and I'm still in ketosis but I didn't make the best decisions today. I was out running errands today and thought it would be good to have chic fil a nuggets. They are lightly breaded and I remember they were low in carb. So I ate 8 of them. Then went for dinner at my fav. restaraunt and got a steak salad, sans the french fries and garlic bread, but got the higher carb french dressing. French is my favorite and so hard not to have. So.... tomorrow will tell.

B: Atkins shake
L: 8 chic fil a nuggets
D: Salad with french dressing and steak
S: Lc ice cream treat
Old 04-20-2012, 03:09 AM   #172

You are doing great hun!! I hope those losses just keep going down!!! Have a good weekend!
Old 04-20-2012, 08:06 AM   #173
Major LCF Poster!

Thank you Amber. I swear I feel like I'm in a dream and tomorrow it will all be back. This week has felt like a dream. I'm knocking on wood like crazy. So that being said......
214.8 a new low.... total loss of 46.2

I'm heading out for a day or networking. I will be back on later. Have a great day!!
Old 04-20-2012, 10:19 AM   #174
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Wow Melanie you are doing awesome. I could learn a thing or two from you. KUTGW!!!!
Old 04-20-2012, 03:08 PM   #175
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Yay! , you're going to be at 50 in no time!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #176

OMG you are getting so close to the 50 pound mark that is so exciting, I will keep checking cause I know in a few days you will be there!

You know I was looking at your menus and you eat sort of similar to how I did when I was being really strict and losing consistently,duh LOL.

I didn't eat snacks often and I never ate after dinner, I think I have myself so messed up now. What you are doing is really the best way to do low carb, I drank an atkins shake every morning! I am really enjoying watching you have such great success and your determination.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 PM   #177
Major LCF Poster!

Aww Thank you so much Amber!!! I can't wait to hit the 50 lb mark. When I do I'm going to celebrate by having a big fat juicy......... Steak!!! I hope the articles I found helped you. I just felt so bad for you feeling so down and wanted to find something positive for you.

Maggie~ Thanks, you are rocking this too!!!

Nikki~ I can't wait!!!
Old 04-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #178
Major LCF Poster!

Wow, what a busy weekend so far and its only Saturday. Met a friend I haven't seen in almost 13 years for lunch yesterday. It was great to catch up and we picked up right where we left off. Thats true friendship. She was heavy like me back then and in the past 3 years has done low carb and working out and lost all the weight. She looks great. Her hubby is going to come up with a plan for me similar to what she has done as far as exercising. While at the mall I went into New York and company, (haven't been able to shop in there for probably 12 years atleast and picked up a pair of 18 shorts and an xl shirt, Tried it on and it fit. Of course I didn't buy it because its not quite shorts weather here and I'm hoping to be in a size 14 by the time I need to wear shorts. After I took them off I wished I would have taken a picture. Next time I will. It felt amazing to be able to walk into a NON PLUS SIZE store and fit in clothes!!!! The rest of the weekend has been spent hanging out with family and friends. Hubby has been working like crazy. I'm hoping that we can get some quality family time tomorrow.

Menu yesterday: (eating low carb but not as good as usual since I've been out and about)
L: chicken ceasar salad at mall
D: double cheeseburger with mayo no bun
100 oz of water

menu today:
L: 2 eggs and 3 sausage links
D: atkins meal bar
couple pepperonis
sugar free jello
atkins ice cream bar
Old 04-22-2012, 05:53 AM   #179

Hun yes I appreciated the things you found, this has been a tough surgery with many rocky roads but I guess it is still worth it, as bad as it was it totally turned around Fri night, LOL Go figure, after 2 months you would think I would know that!!!

Super on the shopping there is nothing like buying smaller sizes to make you feel better, and getting to shop at a store with normal sizes. There is no better feeling than shutting the door on Lane Giant and never going back! That is awesome about your friend and getting a plan. I will say make it work in the budget if you can to hire a personal trainer at least for a little bit to get you started it is really helpful and good money spent for improving your health!
Enjoy your family time today!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #180
Major LCF Poster!

214 today!!!! 47 lbs gone forever!!!!

Not much going on today. Just vegging out around the house. I need to get motivated to workout today. I want to get a workout schedule going for me, and need to go to the gym and get a trainer I believe. I need to drink some water today. Didnt' drink as much yesterday and I can feel a little swollen in my fingers.

Menu: SO far
B:Atkins shake