Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 10:14 PM   #632
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
Oh what a stressful day. It started out pretty good. The girls and I went to one of my fav. restaraunts. I had a huge salad from the salad bar. Then we went shopping. I was looking for a cheap new patio set. We were at Target, then TJMAXX, then Bed,bath and beyond and then finally back to Target. I got a table and 4 chairs for $125. I was pretty happy about it. Went to load it in my suv and they wouldn't fit and I couldn't put the seats down because I had the kids with me!!! Tried every which way and still nothing. So I went in and had to return the chairs. Only to get back to the car to get a message that DH is on his way with my dads truck. So we waited there and went back in and bought them. UGH!!!! I didn't cheat, but boy did I want to. I was seriously thinking, SCREW IT, I'm going to order a pizza. But I didn't. Came home and had one of those lowcarb bagels. I need to get to the grocery store but need to figure out when. Busy week this week. I have a party tomorrow night, training Wed. Then need to work and get things all ready for DD1's 2nd bday party. I was able to get a few bday presents for her while we were out today while she was sleeping. Oh and I bought a really cute dress at TJMaxx for 19.99!!! WOO HOO. Can't wait to wear it. Debating about wearing it this weekend to party, but will definitely wear it next weekend for a graduation party we are going to.

Melissa~ My favorite things to take to bbq's are veggies and dip and salad. That way I know I will have something for me to munch on while there. Also meatballs in sauce. I do need to find a low carb bbq sauce though. I think we are having brisket for dd's party.

Danielle~ I don't usually have a desire to plant or do I have a green thumb but I figured I would give it a try. Until I got the flats home and was sick of planting them after a few. I need to get to the movies more. I haven't heard of either of those movies you are talking about. I did see previews for two will farrell movies this weekend that looked good.

Maggie~ Thanks. I still can't believe it.

Nikki~ Thanks.

Vilya~

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:42 AM   #633
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Wow Melanie!! Your before and current pics are amazing!! You look like a new woman, a much younger woman! Isn't it crazy how the same shirt can fit at different weights but look completely different? You should be so proud!!!

Sorry yesterday was so crazy. At least you got the table and chairs after the ordeal. I hope you find some time to prepare today and to relax.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 05:35 AM   #634
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Goal Wt-135 lbs!
WOE: Stillman's - 21 days!
Start Date: 7/28/14 - 8/17/14
Have a good Tuesday Melanie, still doing Zumba? What kind of question is that, of course you are from the looks of your pictures. Feeling better now that TOM has offically left and took with him the 4 lbs up he brought with him. Settled here at 1 pound above my last weigh in and doing Getting to the gym today to get some laps done in the pool and just relaxing in the wet area of the gym.

So what are you up to young wipper snapper?

It is supposed to be 94 here in MI, it will be a scorcher!

One life to live, one day at a time, one pound at a time!
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #635
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
MOrning Melanie!!!!!!!!

Oh Boy!! Sorry about your hastle yesterday but at least you got a cheap patio set!! Congrats to you for not cheating. Target is hard for me... I love shopping there but I also love all their cookies!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:04 AM   #636
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Hi Melanie Great job on dealing with all the stress!
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #637
Major LCF Poster!

UGH, I tell you I am being tested big time!!!!! I couldn't wait for my shake this morning, only to come downstairs to the fridge and it is GONE!!!! DH took the last one!!!! He is going to get an ear full. UGH!!!! He doesn't take one all week and then takes the last one!!!!! So I had one of those lc bagels and a cup of coffee with half and half and splenda. Not what I wanted but had to eat something. Apparently on top of my to do list I need to get to the grocery store today!!!!

So today its a scorcher here as well. Going to be in the 90's. Probably going to chill in the air conditioning and get some stuff done in here. Get all of my stuff ready for my party and just relax.

Amber~ Thanks. Oh what an ordeal it was yesterday. Still need to recuperate from it. Especially since I woke up this am and got mad over the shakes.

Maggie~ Young whipper snapper. Of course I am still doing ZUMBA. I went Sunday and will go again Thursday!!! I need to do some weight work this week. Going to work on arms today. Its going to be really hot today here too. Not looking forward to it at all. YAY that TOM came and took some of those 4 lbs with him!!!! Way to go!!!! Have fun at the pool today.

Cassidy~ Good morning. I love Target but never really had any of their cookies, I wanted some popcorn. It smelled so good. The kids had a soft pretzel.

Gracie~ Oh the stress. I don't want to think about all the cortisol I produced yesterday afternoon trying to get those darn chairs to fit!!!! UGH!!!

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-19-2012, 09:25 AM   #638
Major LCF Poster!

My nerves are shot today. I don't know what is wrong, but I just have no patience. I don't know if its still leftover from being so stressed yesterday or what..... but I need to kick this darn mood. The girls don't deserve me being short with them. I am going to get off of here and see if I can't get this mood improved today.

Talk to you all later.
Old 06-19-2012, 10:04 AM   #639
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Yikes, sounds like a day yesterday, and I'd have been so upset Hopefully today you'll be able to relax a bit and enjoy your new set! It took me a couple days to get out of that annoyed feeling too after my ordeal at the school last week. Proud of you for hanging in there and sticking with plan and eating what was good for you instead!

I had to about you not hearing about the movies. Rock of Ages is a musical set in the 80's. Tom Cruise was in it, as well as Alec Baldwin and a few others. I loved it, but then again, I'm a big dork when it comes to musicals or the 80's Magic Mike is about male strippers...Matthew Mcconaughey and Channing Tatum..... Ummmm, yeah...

And P.S. I'd have been ready to strangle somebody had I come down and no shake for me! My kids tend to leave no cold water in the fridge and sends me over the edge..they're learning they don't like "mama's wrath" so they stock the fridge lately

My Journal:
♥Choose More, Lose More....Aventures In Carb-Cycling.......♥

"Belief gives you the power to achieve the extraordinary" ~Chris Powell

Last edited by DesertGurl; 06-19-2012 at 10:45 AM..
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 12:11 PM   #640
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle~ I don't get to watch much tv usually during the day. Its always on disney channel or some kid show. Those sound good. I like 80's and musicals and I really like me some Matthew and Tatum!!! Sexy men!!!!

I am feeling better. I got some things accomplished here at home and got my stuff ready for my show tonight. Exercised a bit, nothing too crazy but my challenge for the day. I'm starting to feel better.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #641
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah I'm over the Nickelodeon and Disney phase Now it's funny that I still watch "teenager" shows with my girls..Pretty Little Liars I LOVE. And I watch Vampire Diaries on my own .. I can't believe hubby wants to take me to see Magic Mike.. He finds the premise of the movie amusing so we'll see if he enjoys it as much as I'm sure I will

Glad you're feelin better. Sounds like you've been a productive chicky today! I just got back from the grocery and bought some big fat rib-eyes for the grill tonight Crossin my fingers your party is a total success!
Old 06-19-2012, 02:16 PM   #642
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post

Faithful~ Ok then you just do healthy. I will cover the HOT!!!
You got it, girl!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 03:20 PM   #643
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hang in there Melanie!
Old 06-19-2012, 03:59 PM   #644
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hey Melanie,

Just wanted to say hello and I hope your days are getting better and better. I hope your party goes well too!

Hugs,

Jenna
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:12 AM   #645
Major LCF Poster!

Thanks girls!!! I am feeling better. I am going to get off of here soon and go visit my grandma and then take the kids swimming. Its going to be hot and they need to get some energy out!!!! I have a meeting tonight and then tomorrow is going to be ZUMBA!!!! I think I will wear my new dress tonight to my meeting.

Have a great day.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:29 AM   #646
Major LCF Poster!

So I started an autumn challenge today. Figured I would post my goals here too. The challenge is running from today 6-20-12 to 9-22-12. 13 weeks. My average for the last challenge was 2 lbs a week. My wl is slowing a bit so I am going to go with a modest 18lbs in this next challenge. Which will put me at 183 at the end of the challenge!!!!!
Old 06-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #647
Blabbermouth!!!

Love the goal! You can totally do it hon!
I still haven't weighed. I contemplated a challenge like that to keep me going....think I'll wait until I get back from my trip when I incorporate exercise again and see what happens..maybe get in on a challenge for fall?
Have a beautiful day and enjoy the swimming!!
Old 06-20-2012, 01:06 PM   #648
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So I started an autumn challenge today. Figured I would post my goals here too. The challenge is running from today 6-20-12 to 9-22-12. 13 weeks. My average for the last challenge was 2 lbs a week. My wl is slowing a bit so I am going to go with a modest 18lbs in this next challenge. Which will put me at 183 at the end of the challenge!!!!!
Sounds like it's totally doable Melanie. I would join in but I am just doing my own personal challenges until the Fall where I will probably get involved with just one. It's sooo exciting to see how you will progress and as a friend always reminds me that the Tortiose won the race and not that Wabbit!

You can do it!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #649
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey Mel! I'm so joining you on the autumn thread. I need a concrete goal.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:42 PM   #650
Major LCF Poster!

Hi girlies. I had a good time tonight. Although I missed the kids and hubby. I didn't talk to him at all this evening and when I got home tonight everyone was asleep.

I rocked out my new TJMaxx dress tonight and got a few compliments from a few girls that I haven't seen in a few months. It was awesome!!! Found out the husband of our trainer is doing atkins too.

Danielle and Maggie~ Fall challenge it is then.

Maggie~ Yes slow and steady definitely wins the race!!!

Danielle~ Swimming was great. We had fun and may go back tomorrow.

Amber~ I will see you there.
Old 06-20-2012, 10:46 PM   #651
Major LCF Poster!

Heres the dress. Not the best pics, but this is what you get at 12:30am on self timer.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC06769.jpg (30.7 KB, 270 views)
File Type: jpg DSC06770.jpg (15.7 KB, 269 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:08 AM   #652
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
Quote:
My nerves are shot today. I don't know what is wrong, but I just have no patience. I don't know if its still leftover from being so stressed yesterday or what..... but I need to kick this darn mood. The girls don't deserve me being short with them. I am going to get off of here and see if I can't get this mood improved today.

Talk to you all later.
I can relate to those feelings. I had my very young grankids for years even before their biological abandoned the home (good for her). I remember telling people the kids deserve better than an old grumpy lady to raise them. Then son found wifey & it is better! I want to tell you when we are burning fat calories & losing pounds our nerves are not always sound as a dollar (yeah, like that is sound these days). Being tired & stressed brings out "Oscar the Grouch" in us.

Something I found useful for the kids was that I sat down with them and told them how I was feeling...dont know your kids ages & if they would understand... I told them that my "ugly step-sister" ~Grumpy Grandma~ comes out when I dont feel good. It isnt what they are doing anything wrong it is just GG showing up. If they ever see GG they need to tell her to "go somewhere else to play" & that was my cue they know something is amiss. GG also shows up when they are really bad and not minding.

To this day they dont like GG showing up! & they usually know if it is because of their actions or if I am not feeling right. Any time I am not up to par ~ I tell them incase GG shows up...they know it isnt them & we talk about it. Kids, even at an early age, like to help... If they know you arn't "sick" just not feeling up to par they love to take care of you by helping. A game can be made they can be nurse/doctor/housekeeper & help you with things to make the day go better.

Dont know if you understand this but maybe it will help the next time things get away from you (they do for me often with everyone living here now).

WOW! I JUST SAW YOUR PICTS ABOVE! Totally AWESOME! Yep, you take care of hot (& be healthy at the same time)!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-21-2012 at 04:10 AM..
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 04:13 AM   #653
Blabbermouth!!!

You look pretty hawt for 12:30!!!! Super skinny too!!
Old 06-21-2012, 05:58 AM   #654
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Heres the dress. Not the best pics, but this is what you get at 12:30am on self timer.

Oh Melanie honey you look FANTASTIC, truly you do! Don't you just secretly those compliments you get? You my dear deserve them all for all the hard work you are doing in getting healthy.

Happy Thursday to you!

Old 06-21-2012, 06:30 AM   #655
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
LOOKING GOOD GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!! KUTGW Melanie
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #656
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Vilya
Stats: 285/198/180
WOE: LC/HF for T2 diabetes
Start Date: Sept. 2011
Very nice dress, Melanie! I love that scarf print. You look GREAT!
Vilya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 07:43 AM   #657
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Gracie514
Stats: 214.6/198/194.6 SECOND GOAL!!!
WOE: HCG- highest wt 250 lbs!!!
Start Date: 1/1/2014 LC 2/17/14 Hhcg
Awesome pics Melanie!!! I love that dress
Gracie514 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:39 AM   #658
Major LCF Poster!

Faithful~ I followed you the whole way. Thanks for the idea. I like that. My girls are 5 and soon to be 2 on Friday. I think the 5 year old would be able to understand and the 2 year old would just follow along like she does.
Thanks on the pictures.

Amber~Thanks.

Maggie~ Thanks hon. I do love the compliments. I appreciate them so much. I was so happy to be in a "normal dress" last night that I had to post. I felt like my "Hip Sister" in that dress. Its something that she would wear. She is two years younger than me.

Cassidy~ Thanks.

Vilya~ Thanks. I got it at TJMaxx for 19.99!!!!

Gracie~ Thanks. I got it for a steal at TJMaxx for 19.99!!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #659
Major LCF Poster!

So the scale is being persnickety. I am up to 201. TOM is on her way I think and I need to drink some more water today. I haven't been getting all of my water in.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Its HOT again, so we may go to the kiddie pool again. Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-21-2012, 08:48 AM   #660
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
So the scale is being persnickety. I am up to 201. TOM is on her way I think and I need to drink some more water today. I haven't been getting all of my water in.

Not sure what is on the agenda today. Its HOT again, so we may go to the kiddie pool again. Have a great day everyone!!!
Oh enjoy the days of summer with those babies. TOM causes sooo many problems for we woman, hang in there. Thanks for reminding me I need to get in more H20 as well.

Enjoy the pool!