Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home

Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 05:26 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: MagieDen
Stats: Twoterville/1st. Goal - ONEderland!
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Everyday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Good morning girls!!! The back of my arms are a little sore today and my abs. Scale didn't move, but thats to be expected when you have worked out.

Amber~ You can do it sweetie. Once the stress is gone and you are feeling better you will get right back at it I know. Thats nice to know about the cheesecake factory. I haven't been to one in years.

Pgh~ I wonder if they ship too???

Cassidy~ Thanks. I am really trying to get to onederland!!! There were crust recieps on the recipe thread. I just didn't want the extra carbs. I got the recipe from this sites recipe thread.

Have a great day everyone!!! Its chilly here again. We are going to get moving and go for a walk I think.
Oh no Melanie I am so sorry that your arms are so sore but I know your body is loving everything that you are doing for it. Yep. that ole' scale doesn't like it when you are doing everything right so it is not always a good gauge to let us know how we are doing but clothing size does. I am so proud of you for getting your exercise in and I just wanted to say.....

Tag, You're it!!!! Could you please do , &

Let us know if you did it here on your journal as well as the ExerciseTag Thread and go on to tag an unsuspecting victim. Have fun!

Last edited by MagieDen; 06-05-2012 at 05:54 AM..
MagieDen is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 AM   #452
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: iamfaithful
You are doing terrific....could be envious of you youngsters but will just be content to be where I am... Good Work! KUTGW

Pizza bake???? Did I miss something?? Can you post the recipe???? Sounds right up my alley!
iamfaithful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:09 AM   #453
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
WOO HOO!!!! I'm it!!!! I will report back.

Faithful, I will repost it for you.
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #454
Major LCF Poster!

Here you go faithful....

Pizza Bake
Brown a lb of sausage, drain the sausage and put in a baking dish. Add the small can of hunts tomato sauce. (we have found one that is flavored with basil, oregano and garlic) toppings of choice. Then cover with a layer of mozzarella cheese. Put in broiler on high until cheese is melted. about 8 minutes.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #455
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagieDen View Post
Oh no Melanie I am so sorry that your arms are so sore but I know your body is loving everything that you are doing for it. Yep. that ole' scale doesn't like it when you are doing everything right so it is not always a good gauge to let us know how we are doing but clothing size does. I am so proud of you for getting your exercise in and I just wanted to say.....

Tag, You're it!!!! Could you please do , &

Let us know if you did it here on your journal as well as the ExerciseTag Thread and go on to tag an unsuspecting victim. Have fun!
Thanks hon!!!! This is the real challenge of weight loss. When you are sure you will see a loss on the scale and then it just stays the same, or even goes up a tad!!!!! But I will stay the course!!!!

Ok I did my tagged exercise!!!!! Someone else is it now.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 AM   #456
Major LCF Poster!

My routine is off for the day. I had to get up early and go get my hair done. I was planning on working out this am, but will have to wait until later. The scale stayed the same this morning. Its such a challenge when you are sure you are going to have a whoosh and then nothing. But I will not give in to the thoughts in my head and I will stay the course!!!!

Kids and I are heading out soon to go get some groceries.

Have a great day everyone!!!
Old 06-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #457
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bejewelme View Post
Hey hun, they opened a Maxxout fitness place near me, I checked it out it is like bootcamp with MMA in it, lots of jumping and punching so I am going to check it out, this darn stomach I know I cant do everything but might get me over this hump! I have been too lax with myself and I think losing my job created some emotional eating that I needed to put an end to, so these 4 weeks prior to vacation I am going to turn it up and get things under control again for sure!
Hey there sweetie!!! You can do it!!!! You are such a fighter and such a great motivator, I know that you will get back to where you should be. That class sounds insteresting. The bootcamp starts tonight at the fitness center, I can't go because of an appt. but am thinking about trying it. Also, I haven't forgot about the clothes, just keep forgetting to get back to the picture to see what I want. I will let you know.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:48 AM   #458
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: mama_2_3
That pizza dish sounds delish
Yeah, I hear ya on the scale not moving. It can ruin my whole day if I let it. Hope you get your day back on track!
mama_2_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #459
Major LCF Poster!

So apparently my tastes are changing..... The kids and I went to lunch and then the grocery store. At lunch I had a big garden salad with cheese and bacon on it with ranch dressing and just a little french mixed in for the taste since I love french. DD5 had chicken fingers and I ate a piece of one. I used to love Bob Evan's chicken fingers. It was nasty. I could taste the oil they used.... Yuck.

Got a 2nd shower while going to the car. It was pouring. Thank goodness it was done by the time we got home.

Kristyn~ It is!!! I just bought more sausage to make one this weekend. Its getting back on track. Will do the workout tonight after I get home from my appt.

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-05-2012 at 02:09 PM..
Old 06-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Melanie!

Just wanted to check in and see what you're up to today...I know what you are saying about the chicken fingers too. We went to Wendy's the other day and my son got the nuggets; I tried one, which I also used to love, but it tasted GROSS. Funny, I could also taste the oil, like you said!

I wish you a great day and a visit from the whoosh fairy VERY SOON!

Take care,

Maxi
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:19 PM   #461
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Hang in there honey, that stupid scale has it's own mind frame and presents milestones in its own good time unfortunately. The exciting thing is that it IS coming and we'll all be here ready to celebrate with you! Have you been measuring? I bet you're losing inches?!
DesertGurl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #462
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Lets get on some black ninja pajamas and go find the woosh fairy in a dark ally and mug her! We can take her down!
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 07:01 PM   #463
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCWANNABE View Post
Lets get on some black ninja pajamas and go find the woosh fairy in a dark ally and mug her! We can take her down!
Old 06-05-2012, 07:31 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
I third taking down the whoosh fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #465
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceecee08 View Post
I third taking down the whoosh fairy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Three against one! She is going DOWN!
Old 06-06-2012, 04:37 AM   #466
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
I am in on beating the crap out of her!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:37 AM   #467
Major LCF Poster!

Amber makes 4 & I will jump in on her & make 5!

But why don't we just strip her of her power over us & give it to Malanie!

I think she would be kinder to us than that old whoosh fairy ever was.

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-06-2012 at 05:38 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #468
Major LCF Poster!

Hey guys.... I'm all for finding the whoosh fairy and kicking her butt.... Its so annoying. When you are doing good but not seeing anything on the scale. I've been floating around 202!!! This morning it was an even 202.

Danielle~ Yes, I did take measurements... good idea. I will go check those out. That might give me a little boost.

Faithful~ Sounds like a plan. Lets beat her and take her powers!!!! I would definitely be kinder than her. She is mean. I am not.

So as I said, 202 this morning. I'm going to go take my measurements, do my strength workout for the first time finally. Last night when I got home it was too late and time to get the kids to bed. After my appt. when I went to pick the girls up at my parents house, I stayed and visited with them for a little bit. So workout plan is today... My strength training experiment... and a 1.5 mile walk with the kids, tomorrow night ZUMBA, Friday. Strength training, Saturday either walk or zumba, Sunday Strength training. Scale probably won't move for a month after that, but I bet I will lose inches and I will be getting healthier!!!

Have a great day. I will check in later.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:03 AM   #469
Blabbermouth!!!

Can't wait to hear what that measuring tape has to say! Workouts sound great, just make sure you're giving yourself some time to rest too hon!

Have a beautiful day! ♥
Old 06-06-2012, 09:52 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Yes, today I am doing upper body with some weights I have at home and getting some laundry done.... WAHHHHHH (I despise laundry) Yea my days get hectic like that too. Little ones and Dr.'s appts.... LIFE!!! HAHA

Have a good day Melanie!!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #471
Major LCF Poster!

Morning Melanie!

Sorry the woosh fairy is hiding in her secret lair.

Your workouts look great! You are motivating me! I think that my med that was upped for my pain is starting to work. I'm gonna try my elliptical in my newly semi-cleaned family room you are so motivating!
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 AM   #472
Major LCF Poster!

I know what is happening.... the whoosh fairy & the exercise are in cahoots (sp) together to get us moving our tushys! YA THINK!

Did my 2 mile walk this morning @6:15....it was nice and cool outside & no cars on the road!

My exercise equipment is still bundled in the garage. I dont think they will ever get moved in so I can put it up. I enjoy the outside walk so that is good but I miss my Total Gym & Gazelle! We put an A/C in the garage so working out should be good! My treadmill is too small for Jon's stride but he can use the Total Gym as I think it is certified for 300#.... sad.... I cringed when I heard his car drive out at 10:30 last night... Becky drove all the way in to town to get Rally's for them... & soon we will have a Wendy's here a mile away.... I hate that .... but they have to decide for themselves... I just it is not before diabetes or something worse sets in....

Too much rambling.... Hugs!

Last edited by iamfaithful; 06-06-2012 at 11:06 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:06 AM   #473
Blabbermouth!!!

I keep forgetting to ask you something regarding the hubby's workin this plan...

Mine is having major issue with hunger. We'll eat dinner and mind you, he does eat quite a bit more than me, and he is still hungry afterwards. there's also been 2 nights where he's literally gotten out of bed to find something to eat cause he's so hungry. Has yours gone through this?
Old 06-06-2012, 11:10 AM   #474
Major LCF Poster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertGurl View Post
I keep forgetting to ask you something regarding the hubby's workin this plan...

Mine is having major issue with hunger. We'll eat dinner and mind you, he does eat quite a bit more than me, and he is still hungry afterwards. there's also been 2 nights where he's literally gotten out of bed to find something to eat cause he's so hungry. Has yours gone through this?
It may take a while for his brain to reprogram !!!
My suggestion is to have some "healthy" things ready for him to munch on.
If he waits about 20 minutes after eating & then is still hungry suggest something good to satisfy his hunger... Often addingsome healthy fats to your meal will take care of the hunger problem.... Just IMO
Old 06-06-2012, 11:20 AM   #475
Blabbermouth!!!

Yeah he's having to learn to wait before getting more food. We incorporated nuts and seeds for him and that seems to help alittle bit. He LOVES vegetables and could eat us out of house and home on those..he doesn't like mayo or butter unless it's "in" something. I've had to hide the cheese from him because he could eat a pound in one sitting if I let him
Old 06-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #476
Major LCF Poster!

Danielle~ I think I am giving myself rest time, but not sure. I will watch that thanks. As for the hunger, absolutely. He seems to want to eat all the time. I will try Faithfuls great advice and have him add some more fat!!!

Cassidy~ WOO HOO, that sounds fun. Work those arms!!! Laundry, I could do without for sure!!! Isn't it crazy how life gets in our way sometimes. We need to always make time somewhere. Easier said than done but I'm working on it.

Melissa~ Woo hoo, go you on the elliptical. Glad to hear that your medicine is working. I'm honored that I am motivating you!!!! We can do this!!!

Faithful~ Oh I know how hard it is seeing loved ones not making healthy choices. Been on both sides of that unfortunately. I think you are right. Whoosh fairy is definitely in cahoots with us to get moving!!!! It seems to be working wouldn't you say!!! Whats keeping your equipment in the garage? Way to go on your walk!!! I'm heading out for mine soon.

Danielle~ I will let you know how dh does as I work with him and see what works for him. He seems ravenous at night.
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #477
Major LCF Poster!

Workout experiment update:
Well it kind of worked. I am going to have to find a few alternatives for some of the exercises. I was to use an exercise band and they said to tie it around something. So I tied it around the door knob on the outside of the door and shut the door. Snapped the exercise band. Guess that one won't work. I did do the other exercises that I could on the plan and added some other arm work and some squats. I can feel it in my arms still.

So here are my measurements:
5-13-12 6-6-12 lost
Bust.......42.5.......40.5......2 inches
Under B..38.......... 37 .......1 inch (underbust)
Waist..... 39......... 36........3 inches (Could this be possible in 24 days? )
Stomach. 44......... 43........1 inch
Hips....... 41......... 41........0
R Bicep... 15......... 13.5.....1.5 inches
L Bicep... 15......... 14........1 inch
R Thigh...23......... 21.5......1.5 inches
L Thigh... 23.5.......21.5......2 inches
R Calf..... 16.75..... 16......... .75 inch
L Calf..... 16.5.......15.75..... .75 inch

Total inches lost 14.5 inches lost in 24 days.....

I took really good notes this time for next time so I know exactly where I measured on my waist.

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-06-2012 at 11:46 AM..
Old 06-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #478
Blabbermouth!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
Danielle~ I think I am giving myself rest time, but not sure. I will watch that thanks. As for the hunger, absolutely. He seems to want to eat all the time. I will try Faithfuls great advice and have him add some more fat!!!

Cassidy~ WOO HOO, that sounds fun. Work those arms!!! Laundry, I could do without for sure!!! Isn't it crazy how life gets in our way sometimes. We need to always make time somewhere. Easier said than done but I'm working on it.

Melissa~ Woo hoo, go you on the elliptical. Glad to hear that your medicine is working. I'm honored that I am motivating you!!!! We can do this!!!

Faithful~ Oh I know how hard it is seeing loved ones not making healthy choices. Been on both sides of that unfortunately. I think you are right. Whoosh fairy is definitely in cahoots with us to get moving!!!! It seems to be working wouldn't you say!!! Whats keeping your equipment in the garage? Way to go on your walk!!! I'm heading out for mine soon.

Danielle~ I will let you know how dh does as I work with him and see what works for him. He seems ravenous at night.
This is mine!! It's unreal to watch I know he's eating during the day too because he's eating with me pretty much everyday....dinner comes and BOOM he is an eating machine! I dunno what else to do besides trying to add the nuts. Yogurt? I don't see him eating a giant spoonful of butter or anything anytime soon
Old 06-06-2012, 11:42 AM   #479
Blabbermouth!!!

I KNEW IT! Lookit those measurements! You are shrinking lady!
Old 06-06-2012, 11:54 AM   #480
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOOOO HOOOO MELANIE!!!!!!

24 inches is GREAT girl!!!! KUTGW!!! I still need to get a tape measure smh