I can't wait!!!!
Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-2012, 12:02 PM   #422
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: JCWANNABE
Stats: 289/257/135 5'5"
Start Date: April 18th, 2012
Great idea doing the indoor work out. I've got a bunch of garden work to do myself.
JCWANNABE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #423
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
202.8 this morning!!!! 58.2 lbs gone in 21 weeks and 3 days or 150 days!!!! Thats an average of .4 lbs a day and 2.7 a week!!! Not to shabby!!
I am only 1.8 lbs away from my next goal!!! And 11.8 from my third goal!!!! I have 3 days to lose 1.8 lbs!!!! I am going to do it!!!!

Then I need to average 2.66 lbs a week to meet my third goal of 191 by my birthday on July 3rd!!!! Based on the above stats I think I will make it!!

I'm going to find the kids something to do and then I'm going to kick out 30 minutes of cardio!!!!

Thanks Melissa. I'm going to figure something out. Can't wait until our challenge starts on Monday!!!

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-01-2012 at 12:32 PM..
Old 06-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #424
Major LCF Poster!

Just looked at the bmi chart and when I get to my third goal of 191 I will be Overweight instead of Obese. WOO HOO!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 02:29 PM   #425
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: nikkiluvslowcarb
Stats: 315 /164.4/ 155
WOE: WW Points Plus
Start Date: June 7th 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
202.8 this morning!!!! 58.2 lbs gone in 21 weeks and 3 days or 150 days!!!! Thats an average of .4 lbs a day and 2.7 a week!!! Not to shabby!!
I am only 1.8 lbs away from my next goal!!! And 11.8 from my third goal!!!! I have 3 days to lose 1.8 lbs!!!! I am going to do it!!!!

Then I need to average 2.66 lbs a week to meet my third goal of 191 by my birthday on July 3rd!!!! Based on the above stats I think I will make it!!

I'm going to find the kids something to do and then I'm going to kick out 30 minutes of cardio!!!!

Thanks Melissa. I'm going to figure something out. Can't wait until our challenge starts on Monday!!!
Woohoo so close to Onederland!
nikkiluvslowcarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM   #426
Major LCF Poster!

So this afternoon I did a cardio combat/kickboxing workout and then did ultimate arms. I got sweaty, but not drenched in sweat. I'm going to try and make it to the gym tomorrow morning if my mom will watch the girls.
Old 06-02-2012, 06:29 AM   #427
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Bejewelme
Stats: 350+/221.4/198 (5'10)
Start Date: restarted 9/27/2010
Hun you are doing great!! There is a Muay Thai fight place opening right near my house, I want to check it out and see if they have exercise programs but so far they are still working on the building, but I would love to take like a boxing and fight class, but I dont want to get hit or hit anyone just bags, LOL

Come on Onederland!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bejewelme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:49 AM   #428
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
Holy cow girl!!! You're melting away!!
PghPALady1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:03 AM   #429
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls. Nothing to exciting to report this morning. 202.8 again this morning. We have a graduation party to go to tonight. Hoping they have some good on plan food. Going to try and get a workout in today.

Amber~ That sounds fun, I would't mind hitting someone or something, but wouldn't want hit.

Pgh~I guess I am.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM   #430
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: DesertGurl
WOE: Chris Powell's Carb Cycling
Start Date: 9/16/13
Have a great time at the party Melanie!!

I wouldn't wanna get hit either!
DesertGurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:46 PM   #431
Major LCF Poster!

Had a good day. Went to the graduation party with my girls and my mom and aunt. Had a good time. Felt really good in my jeans. The food was good. I had a whole ton of roast beef. I was bummed that there wasn't any veggies. I felt bad for my aunt that is doing low carb. She keeps complaining that she isn't losing very fast. Its no wonder though. She is so easy to go off plan. My mom and her decided they were going to have some beer. (I was driving.) So she had no clue if it was light beer or not. Drank one and then ate low carb dinner. Had two more beers and I asked what they were drinking. It was Yeager Lager. Then I saw her eating a piece of cake. She's losing but very slowly. Then my cousin, she has been overweight for all of her married life. Last time I saw her was in January. I was already doing atkins at the time. She was telling me about a biggest loser thing she was doing at work. I was really hoping for her that she would have lose some weight. But alas, she looked the same.

On the way home we stopped at Walmart so I could run in real quick and get some shakes. I can't go without my shake in the morning.

B: 3 pieces of sausage
1 fried egg in butter
L: 2 grams of peanuts
D: Roast Beef
2 strawberries and 3 pieces of bite size watermelon cubes. Yummy!!

I have always liked watermelon, but never was a big fan of strawberries. I would always pick something other than fruit to eat for desert. As long as I watch how much I eat of it, I see it as a desert and have a few pieces for that sweet. I have really grown to like strawberries since starting atkins.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:11 AM   #432
Major LCF Poster!

Mmmm yummy strawberries! I love them

I totally hear you on seeing your family struggle with weight loss. My sister is supposed to be doing low carb with me and my mom. She was on for 3 weeks, then went off for the weekend, and gained all 9 pounds back. Her doctor wants her do to the south beach diet, but she see's how the lower her carbs the better the weight loss. I talked to her the other day and she was really frustrated with her lack of weight loss. I thought that I had finally convinced her to just do strait up atkins instead of her south beach psuedo atkins cross thing she was doing. She was all set to even to the first three days of almost no carbs. Well, when I talked to her on the phone and she was telling me what she was eating I commented to be careful because thousand island has a lot of sugar in it and she said the it was ok on the list of south beach diet foods. I feel so bad for her. I feel like there is something holding her back, like when there was something holding me back before. Like something in my head that said I had to stay fat for some reason.

Oh well. You can only do so much for a person. When it comes down to it they have to do it for themselves, and they have to make the choice to do it.
http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...rate-lose.html
Old 06-03-2012, 06:06 AM   #433

Yep girls no amount of wishing it for someone works, they have to be ready for themselves! You can encourage when needed but have to let them be, and I think sometimes I am sure they are jealous of your success too, they see you succeeding and wish they could, my sister has yet to ever say anything nice about my weight loss, I gave her clothes she doesnt even thank me, I try to encourage her, she and I have never been all that close she is totally self absorbed and *****y but she won this gym membership and she and her husband started going so after like 6 months she said she lost 20 pounds but she refuses to change her eating habits, she drinks juice all day all that sugar, I said just switch to water and you will lose another 20 but she gets all snippy with me so I am done talking to her about it!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #434
Blabbermouth!!!

I have a feeling your family members are gonna be in for a surprise on the scale today! Good for you for sticking to your guns and staying on track.
Mmmmmmm berries and watermelon!
Old 06-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #435
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Hi skinny!
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:22 PM   #436
Major LCF Poster!

Wow what a busy, fun day. I'm exhausted. Just unwinding a little bit before heading to bed. Got up and did walk away the lbs 4 miles this morning as well as worked out my arms to The Ultimate Arms dvd. Did laundry. Got house ready for inlaws to come over. It was their 37th anniversary. We had Dh's mom and dad, and two brothers over. We grilled out steaks and had salad and mushrooms. YUMMY!!! I made a low carb cheesecake for desert. It was delicious and everyone loved it!!!! There is only one piece left. After dinner we went outside and hung out for a little bit and then I decided to weed our front flower bed. It was cool and not so hot. The fun moved to the backyard and we were all playing with the kids. Playing ball, jumping on the trampoline. It was such a great day!!! I'm exhausted though.

B: Atkins shake
L: 2carbs worth of peanuts
D: Steak, mushrooms, and salad
S: small piece of lowcarb cheesecake.
5 strawberries and a swirl of whipped topping

Melissa, Amber, and Danielle~ you are so right. Unfortunately we can't just wave a wand and make them want it for themselves. I've been in that boat before, but I didn't do it until I was ready. Its just so hard to watch family suffer. Isn't it crazy that once you finally get it, nothing will deter you. I feel that way now. Its funny, but watching my family eat that cake didn't even bother me, it didn't look good at all.

Amber~

Mother in law loved her cheesecake so much she said that she is requesting it for her bday every year!!! She's prediabetic herself so its perfect for her!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 09:47 PM   #437
Major LCF Poster!

Oh you've got to give me your low carb cheese cake recipe! I want to make one that is recipe tested. You never know how well a recipe will turn out. So its like your me Guinea pig for making a tasting cheese cake.

What a busy day! I think I would want to sleep for a week to get over that ! I am so impressed with your exercise. Keep up the good work! What are you going to do tomorrow to exercise? I think I'm just going to take the kids and the dog for a walk. I think we ALL need the exercise, even the dog! We have a super tiny back yard, and he is an indoor dog. But he is an 80 pound doberman and needs his exercise. There is a place down the road that I can let him run off leash.

Sorry, ADD moment rambling .

Keep up the good work!
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 PM   #438
Major LCF Poster!

Hey there Melissa. Here's the recipe. It was so good. It was supposed to cool in the refridgerator for 24 hours. It didn't make it there. It was still warm from the oven when we ate it and everyone thought it was wonderful.

1 1/2 pounds cream cheese
1 1/3 cups Pourable Splenda (or other sugar substitute that is equal to 1 1/3 cups sugar)
3 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 teaspoons davinci caramel syrup
16 ounces sour cream.
Cream cheese and eggs should be at room temperature before you start.

Start by beating the cream cheese until light and fluffy. Keep the mixer on a low setting throughout the beating and mixing process. Add the sugar substitute a little at a time and continue beating until creamy. Add one egg at a time and beat after each egg. When eggs have been mixed into the cream cheese, add vanilla and lemon juice, Add the sour cream last until just blemded in.Pour cream cheese mixture into the springform pan. Place on the top rack in the middle of a 325 degree preheated oven for one hour and 15 minutes. If you want a cheesecake with a less brown top, put on the next rack down. Also, some have commented that they had a few cracks... Remember not to open the oven while baking, this might make it crack. You might also want to try a waterbath but its not really neccessary. When time is up, turn off the oven and prop open the oven door... leave in oven for one hour. After one hour, remove from oven. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake also, so if it shrinks while cooling it will not crack at that time either. Let cool to just about room temperature before the cheesecake is put into the refrigerator for 24 hours. Make sure you wait the 24 hours before sampling... A cheesecake should season. The wait is worth it. The flavor ripens and becomes enriched. Nutritional information: 319 Calories; 28g Fat (79.6% calories from fat); 9g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 123mg Cholesterol; 177mg Sodium

I couldn't find my springform pan, so I just put it in a 9x9 baking dish. Looking forward to trying the last piece tomorrow when its chilled.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:00 PM   #439
Major LCF Poster!

Oh and as for the exercise. I am really trying to kick it up a notch because I want to make my goals so badly!!!! I'm determined to do everything I can. As for exercise tomorrow I haven't decided yet. I will definitely be doing my tagged exercise of the day, but not sure what else I will be doing. If its nice, will probably take a walk with the kiddos. I think we are going to go to our favorite place tomorrow for lunch. I love their salad bar and I'm going to have a huge salad!!!!

Melissa~ Ramble away!!! I don't mind.

Last edited by Happy2be; 06-03-2012 at 11:03 PM..
Old 06-04-2012, 05:09 AM   #440

LC cheesecake is the one LC dessert that is great since it is almost all LC to begin with, there is a place here in the Poconos the Cheesecake Factory OMG they make the best low carb cheesecake ever!!!! I buy all these darn treats and then put them in the freezer and they get ruined.

Glad you had a fun day I need to toughen up here things are moving in the wrong direction I am attributing it to losing my job I think there has been some stress eating so time to reign it in!
Old 06-04-2012, 05:52 AM   #441
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: PghPALady1974
WOE: thru my mouth
There is a Cheesecake Factory here in Pittsburgh, maybe 2, have never been to it/them. I WAS at one about 8 years ago in Indy when I wasn't doing LC and I remember everything we got being wonderful!! Have head positive reviews about the sugar free one from there! I wonder of they ship??
PghPALady1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #442
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: ceecee08
Stats: 292.6/284.7/170 5'9
Start Date: Restart 1/4/2013
LC Cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory There is a Cheesecake Factory in every mall in GA !!! I swear!

WTG on the exercise Melanie! KUTGW!!! Yea I am back to being very strict and on my exercise!! I have to... gotta get this weight OFF!!!

I am going to try that cheesecake recipie. Sounds delish. I wonder if I can make a good crust for it. HMMMMM
ceecee08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:49 AM   #443
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning girls!!! The back of my arms are a little sore today and my abs. Scale didn't move, but thats to be expected when you have worked out.

Amber~ You can do it sweetie. Once the stress is gone and you are feeling better you will get right back at it I know. Thats nice to know about the cheesecake factory. I haven't been to one in years.

Pgh~ I wonder if they ship too???

Cassidy~ Thanks. I am really trying to get to onederland!!! There were crust recieps on the recipe thread. I just didn't want the extra carbs. I got the recipe from this sites recipe thread.

Have a great day everyone!!! Its chilly here again. We are going to get moving and go for a walk I think.
Old 06-04-2012, 09:04 AM   #444
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Maximoon
Stats: 165-170/155/151, 5'8"
WOE: No sugar, no flour diet
Start Date: April 2012
Hi Melanie!

Great job on the exercise! I will check out that thread with the exercise tag you suggested. It's also a good reminder, as you just said, that the scale doesn't usually go down after a workout. I'll keep that in mind for tomorrow.

Enjoy the CHILLY weather! I have envy. It's supposed to be "cool" here today (AZ) too---about 100 I think.

Take care,

Maxi
Maximoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:21 AM   #445
Blabbermouth!!!

So proud of you and all your exercise efforts! Rockin it girlfriend!!

Enjoy your day!
Old 06-04-2012, 04:37 PM   #446
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: AsmallerME
Start Date: 2012
Just wanted to come in and say how much I you for the pizza bake recipe. I used hot sausage and had an awesome pepperoni pizza for dinner. Only problem is that I ate too much. Way too much.
AsmallerME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 PM   #447
Major LCF Poster!

I am glad that you like it Amber!!!!! We had it for dinner tonight too.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:18 PM   #448
Major LCF Poster!

I hope you don't mind if I copy and paste that over to my journal so I can keep it on hand.

Oh I still need to make the pizza bake thing!
Old 06-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #449
Major LCF Poster!

Nope, go right ahead!!!! Glad to help and share.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:23 AM   #450

Hey hun, they opened a Maxxout fitness place near me, I checked it out it is like bootcamp with MMA in it, lots of jumping and punching so I am going to check it out, this darn stomach I know I cant do everything but might get me over this hump! I have been too lax with myself and I think losing my job created some emotional eating that I needed to put an end to, so these 4 weeks prior to vacation I am going to turn it up and get things under control again for sure!