Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hotchick818
Stats: 213/203/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/5/14 Restart Low carb
My LC Journey:From Hotchick to Hotterchick:)

Well I want to give a big hello to anyone that takes the time to read this. Writing is so therapeutic for me, so I thought that I would chronicle this experience.

Weight has been a lifelong struggle for me. At my highest weight, I was 230. I am about 5'4, so I look very heavy at that weight. That was in 1992. A lot of chaos was going on in my life at the time and one day I happened to catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror after showering. I was absolutely mortified. You see, I went out of my way to NOT look at myself without clothes on. I would keep my towel hanging over the shower glass door so I did not have to walk by the mirror naked. Sad, but true. Anyway, thank God I saw myself that day, because I vowed to make a change and lose weight.

That's exactly what I did. Between January and September of 1992, I lost 60 lbs. I ate raisin bran with skim milk every morning and a lean cuisine for lunch and dinner. Sugar free popsicles were my sweet tooth fix and water was a staple. And every night, I rode my exercise bike for 30 minutes while watching the beloved "Golden Girls" on tv.

Over the next few years, I maintained fairly well. I eventually got down to 147 but developed some fairly unhealthy habits to maintain that weight. Not to mention, my friends were telling me that I was too skinny. Imagine that! I maintained a weight of 158-165 for a while(and that was a very good weight for me), but once I turned 30, boy was that a different ballpark. The metabolism went straight downhill.

So here I am, doing Atkins again. This is probably my fourth time doing Atkins. The first time I did it, I had reached 205. That was back in 2004 and I was scared straight! Since losing weight in 1992, I had never reached the 200's again and I was determined not to stay there. I dropped more than 15 lbs. and maintained that for a while, but I've learned that if you do not make a lifestyle change (modifying your diet and incorporating exercise), the change will not be long term.

This time I am feeling rejuvenated and extremely enthusiastic. I am determined to do this and I feel very empowered. I attribute this feeling to the fact that I am at a wonderful place in my life professionally and personally. I also am very proud of myself for maintaining a workout routine of 4 workouts weekly for the last month. Yayyy! You see, this is huge for me because I am a notorious hater of exercise. I am trying to reprogram my thinking though so that I will embrace exercise as something that I need and that is good for me. I've got to tell you, the results are great.

Today, I had a mock danish for breakfast. I really love those things and think that I'm developing a habit. I may need to take the advice of other posters and chill out on those. They haven't stalled my weight loss though. We'll see. Lunch will probably be a salad with spiced shrimp and I'm in the mood for wings tonight.

I'm going to try to post daily during this latest journey. My goal is to lose at least 25 lbs. I will stay in the induction phase through the end of March (ideally). I'm going on vacation in mid-April and really want to look and feel fabulous. It's my first vacation with my amazing boyfriend. Can we say "The One??"....so wish me luck everyone

I hope that we all achieve our goals. We just have to stick with it!
hotchick818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 11:26 AM   #2
Senior LCF Member

So today I was REALLY tired when I woke up and did not want to get out of the bed. Thank goodness I am not giving myself a choice about whether or not I'm working out in the morning. I'm doing 4 days a week, no bones about it! Although I was running quite late, I managed to get to the gym and put in 20 hardcore minutes on the treadmill. For some reason, I had a LOT of energy this morning and probably could have gone for another 20 minutes had time permitted. I took a vitamin last night, could that have had something to do with my energy level???

Anyway, I was rushing so much that I only had time to take a couple of spoonfuls of SF jello for breakfast. That was simply to get my metabolism started as I didn't have any other induction legal food prepared. I'll take care of that tonight though. I'm currently munching on a delicious salad with chopped eggs, tuna, a bit of broccoli and Paul Newmans caesar dressing. I was starving!

Don't know what I'll have for dinner tonight, but I am looking forward to weighing tomorrow morning. I need to be 185 to be on target. Although my pending mid-April vacation sparked my motivation to begin Atkins and a regular workout schedule, I would like to be no more than 175 by the end of March for this wedding that I'm scheduled to attend. Really I'd like to be 170

Great news! Although no one's really reading this, it still makes me feel good to write it. My dad bought me a gorgeous Calvin Klein business suit for Xmas. It's a size 12. In January, I was too fat to squeeze into it. Something told me to try it on this morning and yayyyy!!! I was able to put it on. It's a tad bit tight but not so much so that it looks tacky or anything. 5lbs down and it will be perfect. That was very exciting and a wonderful way to start my day
Old 02-26-2009, 02:31 PM   #3
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Hello, Hotchick! Just thought I'd pop in and say "hi!" Size 12 business suit - wow. I havn't been a size 12 since I got married. Good for you to be so disciplined about exercise too! Great success to you.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:23 PM   #4
Senior LCF Member

Redeemed,

Thank you so much for being the first poster in my journal and thank you for your encouragement!

Trust me, exercising regularly for me is no easy task. I'm really surprised that I've been so disciplined with it. I guess having a deadline has scared me straight

I was definitely excited to get into that size 12. My body is pretty solid, so even when my weight is pretty high, I can still fit my size 12 jeans. That suit however was VERY resistant! In January when I first tried to squeeze into it, there was NO way I was getting into it. After a few weeks of working out and 2 weeks of Atkins, voila!

Best of luck to you on your low carb journey
Old 03-01-2009, 07:44 AM   #5
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: workingmomof3
Stats: 233/228/155
WOE: JUDD/starting 5/5/14 officially
Keep up the good work!

Hotchick,

Came for motivation - got it! Keep going - congratulations on the suit... just think - in 2more weeks it will look so fabulous on you... (might have to save some money for alterations after that!)

Have a great Sunday!

Kim
workingmomof3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
Senior LCF Member

Hi Kim!

Thanks for taking a read. This site is full of encouragement and motivation isn't it? I love it! It has been so helpful to me since I started induction yet again:blush:

I am feeling soooo determined this time and I must say that my frequent workouts have definitely increased my confidence, motivation and energy level. Especially because I am inherently lazy(at least when it comes to exercise)!

The results from the Atkins WOE are so fast that you can't help but be motivated by the loss of weight and inches. Fitting into that suit made my week, but I am looking forward to my results by the end of this month. I will be back in the 170's and on the way to meeting my goal weight (or lower).

I'm so glad that you found the motivation that you needed. Keep up the good work!

-Kia
Old 03-01-2009, 08:06 AM   #7
Senior LCF Member

Well hellooooooo!

It's Sunday morning and I'm feeling great. I just returned from the grocery store to replenish my supply of Atkins induction friendly food AND cat food for my darling little one Cookie. She literally kept purring and pawing at me until I got out of bed this morning to fill her bowl and voila! I was out of cat food. In any case, I went to the store to take care of that but also picked up some spiced shrimp, chicken breasts, ground turkey and salad.

Although I have remained on point, I must admit that the weekend has been a bit of a struggle. I was really hungry yesterday! For the last two days I have incorporated steak umms with cheese into my menu for dinner. Absolutely delish! I bought low carb tortillas (5 net grams of carbs each). I've been cutting them in half so that they are only 2.5 per serving and I wrap my steak umms in that. So yummy!!! If I get hungry or bitten by the sweet tooth in the evening, I've been having the mock danish.

I now completely understand what other members were warning us about. Trying to stay away from things that put that sweet taste back into your mouth. Part of the effectiveness of the Atkins WOE is removing the sugary, sweet things from your diet to reduce your cravings for them. Having the mock danish (while legal & low in carbs) has awakened the cravings. This is definitely flirting with danger for me since I believe that I am a sugar fiend. I love ice cream, oreos and sweet tasting things. I'm going to have to address this and limit my intake of this mock danish treat to perhaps 2 times weekly. I've also used the crystal light fruit punch packets to treat myself daily to something that tastes good. Although I drink about 80 oz. of pure water daily, I allow one of them to be mixed with crystal light. After I run out of this box, I will not drink them again for a while.

I can't' tell if these things have stalled my weight loss as I am still losing, but there is always that thought,"could I be losing more without these things in my diet???"

So tomorrow will officially be 2 weeks from my induction start date. I plan to continue the induction phase through the end of March since I have a couple of mental deadlines to meet. I just wish I could click my heels and it could be March 31st so I could be 10 lbs. lighter. Dare I wish for 15lbs gone by March 31st??? I think it can be done with Atkins and exercise, but I will be happy with 10, which I feel is quite doable.
Old 03-02-2009, 09:29 AM   #8
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so today makes day 14 of induction. My goal is to continue in the induction phase through March and then determine whether to move on to OWL. I have just realized that the weekends (or any days at home all day) are really hard for me!

It makes perfect sense because during the week I'm very busy. So busy that it's easy not to think about food. But when I'm home all day long it seems like 20grams of carbs doesn't allow for much. I'm just greedy by nature, that's all. The good news is that I'm still on plan, even though the last two days have been a bit of a struggle.

Today I am telecommuting and snowed in. I had my steak umm breakfast again, which amounts to 4.5 net carbs. Not bad. For lunch I'm about to prepare my salad with spiced shrimp and chopped eggs. That will be delicious as usual. My BF is coming over later so I will be sauteeing chicken breasts and veggies for us later. I will use bread crumbs to coat his and will use parm cheese for mine. So the day is pretty much planned.

I am not going to lie though. I am finding it hard to have zero alcohol. I've been doing it with the exception of one small glass of grey goose with cranberry juice last Saturday. I know I was very bad for doing that, but I was at a club and was bored out of my mind. I was there for 3 hours and just had the one drink, but I felt guilty. I flushed myself with water for the next two days in an attempt to get the alcohol out of my system and resume ketosis.
Old 03-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Happy2be
Stats: 237/223.2/150
WOE: Atkins
Start Date: March 2, 2009
[color=#ff6699]Wow, you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work. I too find that when I have done Atkins in the past that its easy for the cravings to come back when I eat the legal low carb stuff. About the only thing that I have found that didn't bring back the cravings but helped with the "thought of something sweet" was the atkin shakes. I haven't bought any yet as I am going to try and not have any for 2 weeks and then add them in after that.

I totally agree with you on the alcohol. I am supposed to meet my "drinking friends" this coming weekend and I am not going to drink but I know that I will want to.
[/COLOR]

Happy2be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #10
Senior LCF Member

LOL @ "drinking friends"! I completely understand. It is really hard. The last time that I went out, I sipped on diet coke and water for 2 hours until I gave in and ordered 1 grey goose with cranberry

And I almost gave in last night too. My BF was over and we enjoyed a lively evening of Scrabble & movies. He likes Corona and will drink one or two when he's visiting. I hate beer, but do feel compelled to drink something when others are drinking for some reason. I really have to overcome that.

Happy, I think that we will both be successful. We just have to make sure that we keep our eyes on the prize. Everytime that I think about not working out or eating something bad or drinking alcohol, I start envisioning myself in a bikini (not now of course), but at my goal weight!

Please stop in again when you can. I'll be checking up on you too

-Kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy2be View Post
[color=#ff6699]Wow, you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work. I too find that when I have done Atkins in the past that its easy for the cravings to come back when I eat the legal low carb stuff. About the only thing that I have found that didn't bring back the cravings but helped with the "thought of something sweet" was the atkin shakes. I haven't bought any yet as I am going to try and not have any for 2 weeks and then add them in after that.

I totally agree with you on the alcohol. I am supposed to meet my "drinking friends" this coming weekend and I am not going to drink but I know that I will want to.
[/COLOR]

Last edited by hotchick818; 03-03-2009 at 01:50 PM.. Reason: missed a word!
Old 03-04-2009, 08:12 AM   #11
Senior LCF Member

Alrighty then!!

I woke up this morning dragging a bit. I was totally on plan yesterday with my eating and also returned to the gym after a 3 day break.
B-Mock danish
L-7 buffalo wings with a salad w/ranch dressing
D-Two turkey burgers with 1 slice american cheese and a few sliced onions

64 oz. water

I missed Monday because I was home for a snow day. I usually use the fitness center at my job and I didn't go out of my way to do a workout dvd or anything else

My workout yesterday was amazing though. I thought that I might have a harder time at the gym since I missed an extra day, but I was working out with a vengeance! I only had time to put in 30 minutes on the treadmill, but I was walking and jogging at a great pace. Faster than usual. I usually jog at between 4.2 -4.5 mph, but decided to increase it to 4.8. It was a modest increase but I could tell the difference. Today I increased it to 5.2 and it was kicking my butt. I only had time to do 20 minutes today, but I ran for 7 of the 20 and was satisfied with that.

For breakfast, I had a boiled egg and two sausage links. I also popped a Centrum energy vitamin. I am perky as heck this morning and feeling so good. I am also feeling lovely because I weighed this morning and am down to
185. I've known for a while that 180 is what I consider my make or break weight. Meaning that as long as I'm under 180, I don't really look fat or bloated. Anything above that it's a different story

I realized today though, that 185 is the make or break point for wearing my wrap dresses. After my workout, I was getting dressed and looked in the mirror only to see that my upper side rolls had shrunken enough to make my dress look good without wearing a jacket. This is just one of those little things that you notice along the way, but it made me smile
Old 03-04-2009, 08:55 AM   #12
Major LCF Poster!

[color=#ff6699]That is awesome!!!! SO great that you are seeing results and feeling good. I can't wait for the day when I can wear clothes without thinking about what I am going to wear to cover my arms, stomach.. etc.

Keep up the good work. I agree that we can do it if we keep our eyes on the prize!!!
[/COLOR]

Last edited by Happy2be; 03-04-2009 at 08:56 AM..
Old 03-04-2009, 05:56 PM   #13
Senior LCF Member

Happy,

You have no idea how self conscious I am about my arms. OMG. I actually joke with my friends and call them "tharms" - combination of thighs & arms..lol I remember a time(several years ago) when I could put on almost anything and feel great aka not fat.

Even when I was significantly smaller, I never wore sleeveless tops though. When it's super hot outside, I'm typically the only one with a 3/4 length shirt on. Believe it or not, I even had surgery on my arms in May of 07. I had liposelection on the arms and then a mini arm lift to remove a bit of loose skin to tighten the appearance.

Umm, can we say waste of money??? I specifically told that Dr. that I did not want to wake up with fat arms. Literally, before I was drifting off to la la land, I repeated that to him. Oh well. I've now just accepted that I'm a chick with big arms. As I continue to shrink, so will the "tharms" and you know what?? I'm going to be happy with these tharms and show them off this summer. I am tired of being a prisoner to my own insecurities.

Last edited by hotchick818; 03-04-2009 at 05:57 PM.. Reason: typo
Old 03-04-2009, 08:53 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

[color=#ff6699]Good for you!!!! I love the attitude you have!!! I might even brave a few sleeveless tops this summer in honor of you. [/COLOR]
Old 03-05-2009, 05:24 AM   #15
Senior LCF Member

This morning I am tired! I'm heading to a conference so I won't be getting into the gym at work this morning. When I get home, I'll jump rope, do some push ups and then some crunches to get some type of workout. I had a mock danish this morning for breakfast. I'm not particularly hungry this morning. I noticed yesterday that I wasn't really hungry either. That's a good thing. I ended up nibbling on a buffalo chicken salad for lunch and then had 1/2 of a low carb tortilla with 2 slices of steak umms with 1 piece of american cheese for dinner. I need to be sure to eat my veggies, so I'll make sure to eat plenty today.

This is usually my telecommute day and I do NOT, I repeat do NOT want to go to this conference. I'm sure that once I get there it will be worth the drive, but geez!

Oh, I'm 184 today I hate to be a frequent weigher, but I swear that when that scale drops, it gives me such a boost!

I also want to mention that because I have cut out the alcohol and been doing the low carb thing, my BF has now said that he's going to watch his carbs and limit his drinking. He's so sweet. Wanting to support me while I'm doing this.

Last edited by hotchick818; 03-05-2009 at 05:27 AM..
Old 03-05-2009, 09:26 AM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

[color=#ff6699]Thats so awesome that your bf is supporting you through your journey.

I try not to wiegh every day but I do. Keep up the good work.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Sounds like you're motivated and staying on your LC track. I'm not much of a conference person either. Hope the conference was bearable.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
Senior LCF Member

Hi Redeemed!

The conference was actually pretty good once I got there. I had the nerve to arrive late and leave early, but since my company didn't have to pay for it, I didn't feel guilty in the least!

I am definitely trying to stay motivated. I've been really good with my eating, but am going to make an effort to cut back on my mock danish intake. I keep saying this, but I haven't followed through on it. I'm only having 1 a day at most (except I did have two on Friday!!), but I'm curious to see what my weight loss will be like with less cheese in my diet. I only exercised 3 times this week, but am going to start running with my neighbors on Monday morning. For the last month, I've been going to the fitness center at my job before work, but the getting ready process afterward is soooo time consuming. In any case, I'll get my exercise and keep losing.

Counting the days until the 170's!

Hope you are well too....I'm going to check out your journal to see how things are going for you. Thanks for stopping by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redeemed View Post
Sounds like you're motivated and staying on your LC track. I'm not much of a conference person either. Hope the conference was bearable.
Old 03-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #19
Senior LCF Member

Chello!

So it's late and I'm up making a quick entry for my journal. Today was a good day. Bacon and eggs for breakfast, mock danish and salad for lunch, baked chicken, green beans and cabbage for dinner. Still doing well with everything. I'm getting up @ 5:30 am to go jogging with my neighbors in the morning. I think this will be much more convenient than going to the fitness center at my job. Carrying several bags and my clothes is just becoming too much of a hassle

Haven't weighed this weekend, but I'm feeling a bit backed up if you know what I mean. Nothing really serious, but I know that this sometimes comes with the Atkins territory. I will probably weigh in the morning just to check things out, but the weekend has been good
Old 03-09-2009, 10:02 AM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Glad to hear that your weekend was good!!! Hope your run went well this morning!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:12 PM   #21
Senior LCF Member

Hi Melanie!

My run was great this morning. I really enjoyed being outside again instead of indoors on the treadmill. It was a beautiful morning too. Thanks for the encouragement. If I can just keep this up indefinitely, I will have J Lo's bod in no time!

Quote:
Glad to hear that your weekend was good!!! Hope your run went well this morning!!!
Old 03-09-2009, 01:34 PM   #22
Senior LCF Member

It is a beautiful day today! Approximately 65 degrees and no humidity. A bit breezy, but certainly a welcomed break from the 30 degree weather that we had in MD last week.

I got up this morning and did a couple of laps around the part of the golf course near my house. I estimate it to be a 1 1/4 mile stretch. I walked briskly around once and then jogged around for the next lap. Tomorrow I will add a third lap too, hopefully jogging!

About 30-45 minutes prior to my jog, I scrambled two eggs and had 3 sausage links. A pretty nice low carb start to the day. I went out to lunch planning to scarf down a few buffalo wings, but much to my surprise, the pub that I went to was serving a limited menu due to a large conference that was being held in the hotel.

I was not pleased.

I needed to express that thought as a one liner because I was really pissed actually. I ended up having a grilled chicken caesar salad, which was perfectly fine and legal and was somewhat tasty. It was NOT what I wanted or had a taste for though. Oh well. Get this, they also claimed to be out of hot tea...Umm, help me out with this. Are you out of hot water Are you out of tea bags??? Really???? I was pretty blown by this point and just ended up drinking two large glasses of cold water. Good enough, but now I will definitely need a tasty dinner to make up for my otherwise bland food selections today.

I feel some Papa Johns wings in my future tonight. I was thinking about turkey burgers with cheese and onions and green beans, but since I will probably have a mock danish for my evening snack, it's probably best that I forego the additional cheese and keep it to 2 oz. for the day.

I will probably weigh tomorrow for the latest numbers
Old 03-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
I read your journal (struggles ) from your first post.... I too have tried and dabbled in
the Atkins way... fell off and back on....I know your struggle daily..!! I wish you the
best and continued strength til you reach your goal and on to your Vacation !!! haha

J.
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #24
Major LCF Poster!

[color=#ff6699]Sounds like a great workout!! I need to get on the working out bandwagon. Sorry to hear about lunch though and the stupid conference. I hope you had a great dinner!!![/COLOR]
Old 03-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #25
Senior LCF Member

Thanks JRod! When you like to eat it is always a struggle, but we are in the right place and we are working on it. I am confident that we can both meet our goals THIS time

P.S. I can't wait to post my vacation pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
I read your journal (struggles ) from your first post.... I too have tried and dabbled in
the Atkins way... fell off and back on....I know your struggle daily..!! I wish you the
best and continued strength til you reach your goal and on to your Vacation !!! haha

J.

Last edited by hotchick818; 03-10-2009 at 08:55 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-10-2009, 08:59 AM   #26
Senior LCF Member

Melanie,

When you are modifying your diet or WOE, I find it sooo important to enjoy what I am allowed to eat! I'm glad that you feel me on this because I was sooooo disappointed

I worked out again this morning. I did 2 miles with my neighbor, and I am super happy because we jogged for a good 3/4 mile. We will try to jog for a longer time tomorrow. Ultimately I want to run the whole 2 miles!

You know, it took me a while to get motivated enough to get into the workout regimen. Since I don't like exercise, this has definitely been a challenge, but it just makes you feel so good. Would your hubby walk with you? I know that you both are doing Atkins. I find it so MUCH better when you have a workout buddy!

Quote:
[color=#ff6699]Sounds like a great workout!! I need to get on the working out bandwagon. Sorry to hear about lunch though and the stupid conference. I hope you had a great dinner!!![/COLOR]
Old 03-10-2009, 09:19 AM   #27
Senior LCF Member

Today I woke up at 5:30 again and did a brisk walk and not so brisk jog (lol with my neighbor. We did 2 miles and were ecstatic! It took us about 25 minutes or so and we were delighted to have jogged consistently for at least 3/4 mile. I predict that we will work up to the full 2 miles by the beginning of April as long as we are faithful to the program. It's' almost like auto pilot at this point. I'm rolling out of bed and into my sweats and running shoes and I'm out there. I'm still shocked that I'm doing this really. When I say that I have never really been into exercise, I MEAN it. There have been times that I have worked out consistently for a month or two here and there, but incorporating it as a lifestyle change or viewing it as something I MUST do has never been the case. It is now though!

Last night I had my Papa John's wings and they were pretty good. I had buffalo wings and some plain wings as well. Tasty but not as good as they were 4 orders ago....what a surprise??

This morning, after working out I had:

1/2 of a low carb tortilla (2.5g)
2 sausage links (0g)
1/2 slice American cheese (1g)

I also downed a 16oz. bottle of water, and have since finished another. I'm now debating about whether I'm going to run out for lunch or not. I think I probably will. My pants are too big today and I couldn't find a thin enough belt to slip through these small loops this morning. I'm feeling very cheesy in these big pants and I don't want to be seen a lot today....so I am NOT in the mood to walk to our cafeteria where everyone in the world will be

I am starving though. Got on the scale this morning and it hadn't moved. I'm not discouraged though because I KNOW that as long as I continue my exercise routine and my WOE, it will drop. I'm very encouraged and excited about my new active lifestyle
Old 03-10-2009, 11:15 AM   #28
Major LCF Poster!

Haha...I know this is the place....it HAS to be... I see all you kind and warm people
on the saaaame journey and struggles as I am.......Millions of us.. but we the thousands that are doing something about it....and WANT it !

Well....My alarm went off at 5:00..... then again....5:10....then...5:20... I then re-set it for 6:30......... there went my gym time.... I KNEW...I will have to go after work..
Daaang Daylight Savings Time still messin with me !

Have a good one...
Jarrod
Old 03-11-2009, 04:16 AM   #29
Senior LCF Member

JRod,

You just gave me a good laugh this morning. That darn snooze button will get you in trouble every time! It took me a while to get in the zone, but now that I'm there, I just roll out of bed and into my sweatpants...I'm a zombie until I actually get outside and the fresh air hits me

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRod View Post
Haha...I know this is the place....it HAS to be... I see all you kind and warm people
on the saaaame journey and struggles as I am.......Millions of us.. but we the thousands that are doing something about it....and WANT it !

Well....My alarm went off at 5:00..... then again....5:10....then...5:20... I then re-set it for 6:30......... there went my gym time.... I KNEW...I will have to go after work..
Daaang Daylight Savings Time still messin with me !

Have a good one...
Jarrod
Old 03-11-2009, 07:15 AM   #30
Major LCF Poster!

Well I have fiigured this out.... tape a thumbtack to the snooze button......
you will only hit it 1 time !! haha....
I was outta bed this morn........ down 2 lbs...! yeah for me....
then to the gym 6 miles on the elip..... lil slower by 5 min than normal...
but...its all good....

Now I am sure that Maryland "fresh air" SLAPS you in the face to wake you up
with is being like 30 there !! hahaa with 68 here this morn at 5:15....
was like walkin outta the house ....no face slap for me....
but.... but coffee and the inspiration of losing two lbs got me skippin to the car.. ! haha
ok...so daylight savings time excuse is done...and thumbtack in place on the snooze button........ I am ready ! haha..

I hope all is well with you and you have a grrrreat day !

Jarrod