Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #61
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hotchick818
Stats: 213/203/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/5/14 Restart Low carb
Can I just say that I am wanting a snack so badly that my stomach is burning???!!!!

Didn't bring anything LC friendly and there is no such thing as LC friendly sitting in any of the vending areas!
hotchick818 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2009, 02:35 PM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Ref2010
Quote:
I purchased a box of Atkins choc chip "Daybreak" bars. They were extremely delicious as my taste buds are now extra sensitive to anything sweet. I noticed after implementing these into my diet as a treat, that they triggered cravings.
Hahah Amen to that..!! I have sooo had that happen to me.... I dont know why...
it just does.... I try to even avoid those if I can.

Well.... Stay away from the Cheetos....those arent CHEESE....hhahaa.....
I have a funny joke about cheetos.....but...maybe somec other time !!

Have a great day !!
Jarrod
Ref2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:09 PM   #63
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: daisyHair
Stats: 257/228/140
WOE: Medi Weightloss
Start Date: 5' 4" 50 Years Old
Hi lady!
just wanted to say thanks for dropping by.. I was reading a few of your posts...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotchick818 View Post
Hi Bekki!

My jogging buddy is great! She text messages me promptly @ 5:20 daily and we are jogging by 5:30 or so. We really help to keep each other motivated, I wish everyone had a workout buddy in their neighborhood because it makes a huge difference for me and it is sooooo convenient!
I wish I liked working out with other people but for some reason I am the opposite... other people throw me off. I like to listen to music or audio books when I am doing my walking and I just have never been able to get into doing it with others! Maybe later on?

Quote:
Check this out, the recipe is for chocolate ice cream and all that it takes is the canned chocolate Redi Whip. You put it in a cup or whatever you want to and freeze it for 2-4 hours. Voila! Ice cream. And it really tastes like ice cream. Unbelievable. I think that this will be my replacement for the mock danishes now.
Can you have this on Atkins? I thought they had lots of sugar in them.. I need to check this out!

Quote:

On the eating front, I've had a couple of slip ups, but the great news is that I'm down another 2.5 lbs and am right on the brink of the 170's. This is extremely exciting because I had determined after much feedback from my friends, that 180 is my make or break point. At 180 or under, my friends (and I) agree that I don't look fat so to speak. Still not thin, but not bloated or really heavy.

Anything in the 160's is gravy for me, so I can't wait to get down there again. I'm really shooting for 160 on the nose, perhaps even a few pounds under that to give myself a bit of wiggle room. And now that I'm at 180, it doesn't seem so far away I am soooo happy.

I purchased a box of Atkins choc chip "Daybreak" bars. They were extremely delicious as my taste buds are now extra sensitive to anything sweet. I noticed after implementing these into my diet as a treat, that they triggered cravings. I think.

Oh boy these do that to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They always make me more hungry later in the day and allot of times make me crave. Live and learn ha!?
Old 04-09-2009, 03:37 PM   #64
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Blondie302
WOE: LC - 20 grams per day
Just wanted to stop in and say congrats on your weight loss. You are only 20 lbs from goal!! You're going to have to post vacation pics too! Keep up the good work. You WILL get there!!
Blondie302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 04:19 PM   #65
Senior LCF Member

Hey everyone!

Thanks for dropping in.

JROD- Don't forget to tell me the Cheetos joke sometime...now I'm curious! But yeah, those bars are something else. I went grocery shopping yesterday and refused to get another box of those things!

Daisy- It's funny, we all have are individual workout preferences...sometimes having a workout buddy can be trying. Like when she wants to talk when we jog. I'm too busy trying to BREATHE that I'm not wasting oxygen or energy trying to have a frickin' conversation!

And yes, the Redi whip appears to be legal. Someone on this board posted about it and its ok to eat for LC'ers. And it soooo tastes like choc ice cream. You just have to watch the servings though...every 2 tablespoons has 1 carb. So you can have a nice half cup serving for about 3 carbs or so. Not bad!

Blondie- Thanks so much for wishing me well! I am feeling absolutely great. And of course I will be taking A LOT of vacation pics and showing them off! Best of luck to you too on your LC journey. You can do it

http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/we...tterchick.html
Old 04-19-2009, 06:44 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

Hey Kia...
Well so how is the 4 day a week routine going.....you and your neighbor
been MAKING the time to get up in the morn and go ??

Well I hope all is well and things are good.......!! Get back in here....!

Have a good one .....

Jarrod
Old 04-20-2009, 05:41 PM   #67
Senior LCF Member

Hey JRod!

I just got back from Cancun so needless to say, I haven't been exactly on plan

I did work out twice while I was on vacation in an attempt to prevent any weight gain. I doubt that I was successful, but I don't feel bad at all. If I had to guess, I would say that I put on 2-3 lbs if that. I was indulging in carbs, but I was also drinking my share of the resort's alcohol...can we say all inclusive??

Anyhoo, I'm back to business now. My workout routine had been just fine prior to the trip although my neighbor and I had just done 3 days during the week prior to my vacation. It was absolutely great to just enjoy myself and do what I wanted, but I miss the way I feel with the low carb diet. I didn't stuff myself and certainly wasn't greedy while I was in Cancun, but I didn't deny myself either. I'm ready to get back into the routine though. I'm going to weigh myself at the end of this week after a few days back on plan to make sure that I don't scare myself
Old 04-21-2009, 05:22 PM   #68
Senior LCF Member

Ok, so day two back on the plan and I'm doing pretty well

B- Atkins shake

L- Burger with Amer. cheese and bacon
Salad with ranch dressing

S- Atkins bar

D- 1 lc tortilla with steak umms, 1 piece of Amer. cheese and onions

I may have a cup of sf jello if I feel the need for something else this evening. I went to the grocery store yesterday to stock up on my lc foods and resisted the urge to get crystal light and cream cheese. Although I've grown tired of the mock danishes that I ate almost daily, I still LOVEEEE crystal light. No need for the extra sweeteners in that CL though so I'm trying to do without it. I already consume enough foods/drinks with artificial sweeteners so I'm trying to eliminate the ones that I can.

Didn't exercise this morning, but I'm heading out first thing to run with my workout buddy
Old 07-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Hey......where you hiding at !!???? we dont care where....just come back
to the bright side !! haha
Old 07-20-2009, 06:36 PM   #70
Senior LCF Member

Wow! I knew that I had been slacking but I didn't realize that I hadn't posted since April. Geez! Well I'm back and I'm getting things under control again. Lucky for me, I have been pretty good about exercising about 3 times a week even though my eating had seriously slacked off. But in the last two weeks, I've only worked out once. Not good! So I figured that before I gain a significant amount of weight, I had better grab the reins and regain control over here. Today makes day 1 of (yet another) induction. I did really well and am happy to have made it through the day. Although nighttime is the right time for my munchies..lol I'm not going to give in to that this evening though because I know that after a few days of being good, these cravings will subside. I'm watching the new T.O. reality show @ 10pm and then Curb Your Enthusiasm @ 11pm and then off to la la land for me. I plan to wake up early tomorrow to go for a jog. Wish me luck on that

My diet for today was:

B
3 eggs over medium, 3 pieces of bacon (this was yummy!)
1 cup coffee with 2 splendas and a bit of cream

L
1 burger medium well with cheese, lettuce and onions
broccoli

D
Papa John's buffalo wings w/ blue cheese dressing

S
1 sugar free jello
Old 07-20-2009, 06:46 PM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Redeemed
WOE: low carb - 1400 calories
Welcome back!
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:16 AM   #72
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Meek75
WOE: Atkins Inductions for 14 Days
Start Date: 6/10/2014
Hey Kia. I came across your journal and thought I would post. Congrats and again - welcome to the EMT. HUGS!!
Meek75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 10:44 AM   #73
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: bigbone
Stats: 380/327.2/199
WOE: Low Carb n' Stuff
Start Date: Re-restart 6/1/11
Lets getter done girl

Hey hot chick! coming by to wish you blessings galore on ur journey!
You did it b4 you can do it again. Me personally im determined to make this my last and final time. This WILL be a WOL for me!

BE BLESSED ON UR JOURNEY!!!
bigbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 07:34 AM   #74
Major LCF Poster!

Seriously.....Kia...it is TIME to dust this place out... spruce it up....get some life
back in here...Now that the baby is born...and you are back on track....
lets get moving !!!!

Its beeen too long !!

Stop hiding !!