Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hi GP. Hope things are going well.
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:27 PM   #123
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)

XO,
HB

hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 AM   #124
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Heartbroken.

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around things have been crazy. This was the happiest year of my life. Until the 12th Nov 2009. A friend of mine had come up to visit me before she left for Australia for a year (starting this Sunday past). Anyway she pulled up at my house and we sat and had a cuppa before heading out to lunch. The weather had been mental, gale force winds and crazy rain. For those of you that don't know, our new house is very near the shore, so going anywhere requires driving along the shore. Just 2 mins in to the journey I said to her, have a look at the view, I know its wet, but have a look. She said "I'm nearly afraid to for fear I may end up in it". I replied "S, I haven't had an accident yet!". We were driving along a bend 30 seconds later when a car came across our side of the road, to avoid it i drove toward the shore wall, then realising I was going to hit the wall, I steered away. The car then skimmed and spun a little and impacted against a residential wall on the the passenger side. The wall stayed in tact so the impact was severe. S suffered 2 punctured lungs, 6 broken ribs, fractured cheekbone and jaw bone, cuts and scrapes to her left cheek and has lost the vision in her left eye. I came away with cuts and bruises.
She had an op on Fri to fit 4 plates in her face. The vision has not returned and will not be. She had 2 lung drains but they were both removed by last Tuesday. All things considered she is doing magnificently. She does not hold me responsible, neither do her parents or friends. But I do. I hold me responsible. This guilt is beyond anything I can explain. She remembers nothing. I remember each detail. I'm devastated. I'm heartbroken over this.
I ask you all to keep her in your prayers. Though doctors are amazing, they know not everything. I ask you all humbly to pray for the return of her sight and full recovery. God can work miracles, and we need one here. So sorry for this post. But I need all the help I can get.

Miss you all. Thank you.
G x

I'm taking back control...Its my time!

lbs to go....

WATP 26/11/2012
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:54 AM   #125
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
GP - I was so happy to see you back, but then heartbroken for both you and your friend. I will keep you both in my prayers and hope you get through your guilt so you can begin to heal as well. As you said the weather was horrible and you did what you could to avoid an oncoming car. I'm so happy you made it out ok and will pray for your dear friend to regain her sight. Hugs dear GP!
Old 11-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #126
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: Danipower714
Stats: 217 (high during pregnancy)/175/160 for now
WOE: South Beach inspired
Ohhhhh G! How heartbreaking what happened to you and your girlfriend...but don't blame yourself...with a car coming toward yours and the bad weather, was definitely beyond your control. We are here to support you. Sending good thoughts for you and your friend during this trying time.
Danipower714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:15 AM   #127
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
G, how tragic that this has happened to you and your friend. Please don't hold yourself responsible.

I'm sure your heart is hurting in ways that none of us can know right now. But God knows, and He alone can restore peace to your heart and mind.

I will pray for you, for your peace, comfort and strength to get past this, and for your friend's continued healing. Feel our hugs and prayers.

Do not be anxious about anything,
but in everything, by prayer and petition,
with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding,
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:6-7

WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 06:40 PM   #128
Deb

Gallery: Deb
Glam im sending you big hugs,BIG BIG hugs all the way from Canada and you know what that means my friend.Them Canuck hugs have special powers as you well know.!

You take care of yourself and no guilty's because it WAS NOT your fault in any shape or form.

sometimes bad things happen to good people..i dont know why but i asure you.....you are not at fault

i miss you, and

Last edited by Deb; 12-11-2009 at 06:41 PM..
Deb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 04:20 PM   #129
HB = Healthy & Balanced

Gallery: hummingbird11
Stats: 2008: 175/sz 12-14 >>> 2010: 145/sz 8-10 (5'8")
WOE: BFL (Oct/Nov/Dec)
Start Date: March 2008 (LC) >>> Oct 2010 (BFL)
Aloha Glam!!
Oh what tragic news; BUT definitely NOT your fault.

The Universe works in mysterious & mystical ways...
And for whatever reason…
...this frightful accident was supposed to happen.

But this unfortunate incident may have actually (& fortunately) saved her from something else...
Something worse.
(during her Travels)

She was obviously not meant to take that trip…
Not Yet.
That adventure is obviously supposed to wait.

I’m curious, was she in any way apprehensive about the Journey to Australia?
Was it a “big decision for her; one that didn’t come “easy” for her to resolve?

Sometimes, even the most tragic events in Life are actually Blessings.
It’s frequently "difficult” for us “to see” it this way...and “to accept”.

But when we begin to understand/accept that:
The Universe unfolds exactly the way it’s supposed to do.
It begins to become clear(er); and to even make more sense for us…
But having said that, I'm so very sorry things have unfolded this way.

HOW ARE YOU? HOW IS SHE DOING (NOW)?
You both shall be in my Prayers

PS: I'm in CA physically; but in Hawaii spiritually!
Happy Holidaze to YOU and yours; miss ya!!

EXERCISE
M/R = yoga or pilates or callanetics
W/F = UB strength training (no LB)
T/Sat = cardio (elliptical or treadmill)
Sun = outdoor farm chores!!!!!
+ daily back/body stretches
hummingbird11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM   #130
Blabbermouth!!!

Wishing you a wonderful New Year!
Old 05-25-2010, 04:00 AM   #131
Senior LCF Member

Hi all!

Sorry I haven't been around, there are many reasons for my distance. Thing one, I haven't recovered after that accident mentally. I'm so lost still and actually still very sore. I'm under going therapy and have increased my anti depressants both in mgs and quantity.
Also I have been going thru drug induced menopause and have put on 40lbs since July. Its also had a massive impact on my depression, self esteem and confidence.
I feel like everytime I take a step forward, I have an elastic band attached to my life that pulls me right back. I'm quite lost here and feel a little broken to be honest.
The job that I waited 6 months for is awful! Its absolutely horrible and its not helping in anyway.
I just need a helping hand and you wonderful people are the only people I knew to call on.
I have ordered that new Atkins book, and so far I'm enjoying the read - its adapted more for vegetarians! -

BBL - boss is here.

Love ya!
Glam x
Old 05-27-2010, 02:28 AM   #132

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post

I feel like everytime I take a step forward, I have an elastic band attached to my life that pulls me right back. I'm quite lost here and feel a little broken to be honest.

Glam x

Time to cut yourself free of the past.
Let go.
Be here now.
Move forward.
You can't change yesterday, but you CAN change today.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:41 AM   #133

Happy Birthday, G!
Old 08-09-2010, 09:48 AM   #134
Senior LCF Member

Thank u kindly!!

Oh my gosh! Never a dull moment. I have been internetless for the last wee while as we had a major virus on it. Then I was taken in for major surgery last Monday and Tuesday. Am home now but gosh...! Thank god for my iphone cos I was able to connect to some things but trying to msg on LCF via iphone was not an easy task!!

Still thinking of my LCF's!!!
Old 08-20-2010, 03:17 PM   #135
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey GP! Hope all is well. I'm having difficulties as of late, but trying to keep the faith
Old 09-24-2010, 12:35 PM   #136
Senior LCF Member

Thanks to a lot of people...I'm back...

I've been shying away and lurking for many reasons. Life, surgery etc.

Let me try and get you up to speed and let me tell you in advance - I'M GONNA NEED YOU BIG TIME!

As some of you may know I have severe endometriosis was on zoladex (a type of drug induced menopause implant) for a year and a bit and it played havoc with me, not least with the amount of weight I put on. 42lbs approx - and that was with exercise and good diet for the main part. We miscarried for the second time in June - then I gave up. I got in to the "whats the point" mentality. Now after being stuck in bed for the best part of the last 2 months and putting on a further 8lbs I was at the end of my tether. Came online to lurk some more and saw a post by a lovely LCF and PM'd them. They gave me some positive advice - no sweet talking. Just put it all in to perspective.

I have to get this weight off for lots of reasons..
I turn 30 in July and we want to go away - NY, SF and Florida. And I want to be healthy and fit. We are gonna try for a baby again next year and if successful then fantastic and if not then I'm going to go thru with the recommended pelvic clearance. I'm ok with it, I have made my peace with it. In either circumstance I'm going to need to be fit and healthy. I know that I keep coming back and forth, and I'm not making excuses but I really struggled with everything that has happened over the past year or so. The positive in the whole thing is that my marriage is ROCK SOLID. My husband has been my tower of strength. His support is undeniable. And he has agreed to LC with me to a certain point.

I'm here and I'm trying. Now I'm more determined than ever. Not for me - but for the chance to be a healthy mum. Wife. Self.

Can you help me thru LCF's cos I need you now more than ever!

G x
Old 09-29-2010, 07:27 AM   #137
Senior LCF Member

ok....so 5days in and .....2lbs down!! Waterweight or not - its the first weightloss i've had for over a year! I'll take it.

I'm re-reading LGL and also the new Atkins book...! But with doing this WOE just from memory I'm not doing too bad me thinks!! I is back baby!!

G x
Old 09-30-2010, 11:24 AM   #138
Senior LCF Member

Hey all...

Just thought I would let u know that I'm gonna be away for a week - going hm to England on Saturday. Spending some r&r time with my family. So if you don't hear from me its not because I've gone AWOL again!

No WL to report since yday but a general feeling of well being has ensued. This is nice, really nice.

G x
Old 01-01-2011, 06:27 AM   #139
Senior LCF Member

Wishing one and all a very happy new year!

Hope you all had a great Christmas. I've got the flu bug that is going round - nice!!

My plans for the new year....Well I'm doing well on the LGL/LC plan. Juddd only works when I plateau. I haven't lost any weight tho. Reason is that I am on steroids and hormones again. However I figure that if I stay on plan, the weight gain will be minimal....

Ok so we have been told that I am having the hysterectomy this year - soon. It'll be a pelvic clearance - so womb, ovaries and cervix. And I am ok with it now. It did hurt and was really upsetting for us both.. I have a psych consult to go thru as I am under 30 and we have no children, and then I go in. It took us a fair while to get used to it and get out heads round it. I steered clear of LCF cos I don't wanna complain EVERYTIME I'm on here you know?! I've stayed on FB tho its been great cos its the best way to stay in touch with family and friends that know and don't know...
We're philosophical in that we have everything else we could possibly want,. and children would have been a bonus. and you know we can still be parents...there are so many children that need parents - we could adopt, foster. Sometieme I feel like I'm trying to convince myself, and other times I really do believe what I am saying and mean it.

I ordered Julia Ross' The Mood Cure...I am also re-reading her The Diet Cure book....I'm so determined.

After my op in August I was 'let go' by my employers - (I had begun to dislike it there too) as they 'weren't saying I wasn't ill, they were just saying I wasn't there'!!!! But Thank God I managed to get a transfer to a different town and I Love it!!!! Things just began to get better for me. Someone is watching over me.

I'm going home for a week on Tues. But I'll be back....and better!
2011 resolutions....LCF Daily or at least twice weekly.
Continue on plan, remaining undeterred by weight gain/loss - so long as I am eating right!...I can't help what the meds are doing.

Keep my faith....regardless of what comes my way, remember that there is a higher being at work and He has brought me this far.....

G x
Old 05-15-2011, 10:19 AM   #140
Senior LCF Member

Hi all....

Er...So it seems I'm always to-ing and fro-ing, and I'm always scared to come back cos I hate to admit I failed or have problems. I feel that you may judge me or think I'm making excuses. Hell, I feel like I'm making excuses, but...
But who better to share with than my LCF's? My LCF's...I have problems. I have Bipolar disorder and of late it has been particularly bad.
To make matters worse, much much worse. We miscarried again nearly 2 weeks ago. We are both completely heartbroken. I honestly am not trying to excuse making poor choices diet wise or otherwise but I'm completely lost. I wanna LC again. I'm just trying to figure out where to start. I'm at my heaviest, and lowest emotionally. My dress size is the biggest I've been and getting lower and lower. When I'm on a high, then nothing is impossible and I WILL lose weight and get healthy, and strong. When I'm low, I'm a nothing, and its all POINTLESS.
I'm on medication and receiving counselling. Its just so slow and painstaking. I just felt like I needed to come and explain that I'm not just AWOL. That I'm scared to come back sometimes.
Old 05-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #141

Quote:
Hi all....

Er...So it seems I'm always to-ing and fro-ing, and I'm always scared to come back cos I hate to admit I failed or have problems. I feel that you may judge me or think I'm making excuses. Hell, I feel like I'm making excuses, but...
But who better to share with than my LCF's? My LCF's...I have problems. I have Bipolar disorder and of late it has been particularly bad.
To make matters worse, much much worse. We miscarried again nearly 2 weeks ago. We are both completely heartbroken. I honestly am not trying to excuse making poor choices diet wise or otherwise but I'm completely lost. I wanna LC again. I'm just trying to figure out where to start. I'm at my heaviest, and lowest emotionally. My dress size is the biggest I've been and getting lower and lower. When I'm on a high, then nothing is impossible and I WILL lose weight and get healthy, and strong. When I'm low, I'm a nothing, and its all POINTLESS.
I'm on medication and receiving counselling. Its just so slow and painstaking. I just felt like I needed to come and explain that I'm not just AWOL. That I'm scared to come back sometimes.
Don't be scared, Glam.

Step out in faith. One minute at a time. You cannot change the past. You can't undo what happened yesterday. Now is what counts. Now, and today, and tomorrow.

Embrace this. Embrace your future. Make up your mind that you are worth every positive decision and choice that you make from this point forward, and let go of the negative thoughts and forces that drag you down.

Let it go.

Recall the music in your mind that lifts you above the clouds...hear it?

Yes...you do.

I wish you loads of renewal, happiness, direction and hope in the days ahead.

Hope is like the bird who senses the dawn
and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark.

… anonymous

Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #142
Senior LCF Member

T....

Did I mention that I love you??!! Missed you dear friend!

x
Old 05-16-2011, 04:29 PM   #143

Glam, you made it through another day successfully.
One day stronger. Happier. More determined. Triumphant.

Keep going.

"Love....devotion
Feeling....emotion
Don't be afraid to be weak
Don't be too proud to be strong
Just look into your heart my friend
That will be the return to yourself..."

~ Return to Innocence

Old 05-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #144
Senior LCF Member

I can always rely on you T, to make me smile, from the inside out!

I'm making my way back. x
Old 05-17-2011, 02:46 PM   #145
Senior LCF Member

Had a good day yday. Not following plan to the T per say. Still reading the book. But had no sugar, bread or junk.

A few nuts, olives, cheese, soya milk, eggs etc. Healthy choices. I actually wasn't hungry at all. It was great. I plan to get up a wee bit earlier tomorrow to make me an egg cream for breakfast, Fage for lunch, few nuts. Salad and Olives for dinner - maybe with tuna. Lots of water. I find myself being quite thirsty.

Oooh and I'm starting Callanetics tomorrow!!!! Some exercise. Maybe a wee bit of Callanetics will a give a nice push.

We'll see.
GP x
Old 05-21-2011, 11:22 AM   #146
Senior LCF Member

I've managed 3 sessions of beginning Callanetics. I got up and went for a really long walk. We live in the lovely countryside of Ireland so lots of natural beauty around. I haven't been walking in so long, it was lovely. I felt energised all day. Feeling a little low though tonight. Trying to snap out of it.
I had blood tests yesterday to get investigated for Lupus - a possibility for my miscarriages. We'll wait and see.

Have a lovely weekend, one and all.
GP x
Old 01-14-2012, 10:06 AM   #147
Senior LCF Member

Its doable, its possible. Sometimes the smallest step is the biggest.
Old 01-19-2012, 06:02 AM   #148
Senior LCF Member

down 1.5lbs...slow and steady...

I intend on doing the Race for Life in Summer in memory of a good friend I lost to breadt cancer on Friday.

Slow and steady...slow and steady..
Old 01-20-2012, 02:42 AM   #149

Quote:
down 1.5lbs...slow and steady...

I intend on doing the Race for Life in Summer in memory of a good friend I lost to breadt cancer on Friday.

Slow and steady...slow and steady..
Glam, glad to see you returning to what you CAN do. Some things we have no control over in life. And some things we DO. It's a choice that only WE can make for ourselves.

Do this for YOU. Do this in memory of ... But just do it, each day. Just do it. One day and one step at a time.

As a friend reminded us recently, one year from now, if you make even small daily changes now, look how much further along you'll be? It DOES make a difference, every LITTLE thing we do for every day that we take a breath.

Hugs.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:26 PM   #150
Senior LCF Member

T...this is why I came back - regardless of how many times I'd been here before, I came back for this. I always feel enlightened by your messages, messages from others. I don't fear being judged cos no one judges me here.

So I'm down 4lbs. Slow and steady, I keep telling myself this. I am taking this REALLY slow. Giving up one thing at a time. This time I'm scared to do it all in one go cos with life being the way it is - I'll flip and give up. So last week I gave up bread, this week its regular sugar. I bought some stevia products (Stevia has finally been okay'd by the EU) so we can buy it mainstream. I don't like! Going to stick to Xylitol. Agave nectar has a bad rap, but it works for me and with me so I'm not gonna go mad on giving that up. I'm cooking more, and loving it again. This is the way forward. Slow and steady GP, alow and steady.

Walking as much as the knee permits, but doing it all the same. I have been 'walking' on my mini trampoline.
I think will start posting my daily activity...yes must remember to do that.

One day at a time...one step at a time.
Sometimes the smallest step is the biggest.

X