LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2009, 04:24 PM   #31
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: WATCH-ME-SHRINK
Stats: 168, Size 12/138 lowest/goal 148 5'7
WOE: Carb rotations/mod carb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glamour P! View Post
I have actually been thinking that I may a slightly modified way of LCing, just to help me and stop it feel like a struggle. I was actually advised by consultant of LGL dieting, and he recommended Dr R Thompson. I know it may not be weightloss at the speed of Atkins, but it could be just what I need. Any advice?
G x
This shouts. Your nutrition that you live by, that which gives you energy and fuel and nourishment, SHOULD NOT BE A STRUGGLE. If it is, you're on the wrong plan.

We have to follow a program of nutrition that we will enjoy, that gives us the energy we need, and that we know we can live with and stick to with ease. Not struggle.

G, that's just my two cents.

I'd be looking into optional plans.
WATCH-ME-SHRINK is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #32
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Glamour P!
Stats: Bigger than I should be..73 to go!
WOE: Vegetarian LC/LGL
Start Date: Every moment of everyday.
Its not always a a struggle - but it is sometimes. I don't know whether this is just because of my other issues - healthwise and so on. However I know the LCing is for me. I feel so good on it, and lose weight and have energy. I have never ever had that before, especially on other diets. I am able to lose weight on 25-30 grams of carbs I know this. So I am beginning to try to tweak it a little to figure out what works for me - it may not be ideal to start tweaking, or tweaking too much before I hit goal - but I think I might just be ok. I'm not being irresponsible about it. Any carbs I do eat are healthy carbs. I don't eat bread (however in a moment of madness I had a sandwich and a muffin today, straight after my phone call to the hospital) My bad, but I'm moving on, not dwelling. I am reading DR T's book and so far it makes sense. I have read a thread on this forum to and it started off very well for some people. A lot of people found that they didn't have enough structure, or weight wasn't coming off as quickly as they wanted. But for me I am in this for the long haul, and slow weight loss will be fine, so long as it is a healthy weight loss you know? I definately do not want to go back to my old "healthy" way of eating - the standard food pyramid. Carbs - bad carbs make me ill - like today after my mistake, I felt so pukey I and drained - I couldn't even go out for my run. LCing is also very beneficial for people who suffer with PCOS. I love LCing - I just need to find the right way of doing it, like your good self.
I have read peoples profiles and they say they are "doing their own way of LCing" - and gather from that, that they too have found what works for them in order for them to be successful, as shall I...
I am constantly picking up a lot from this site and its a great source of support, information and advice.
Sorry for the essay...
G x

I'm taking back control...Its my time!

lbs to go....

WATP 26/11/2012

Last edited by Glamour P!; 03-03-2009 at 05:07 PM..
Glamour P! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:31 AM   #33

G, I didn't mean to jump to a conclusion. It appears that you've chosen LC for many reasons. I was only concerned when you said "I struggle....." Made me wonder if another WOE may not be easier for you. But I totally get your reasons for wanting to stick to LC. It is a great way to take off pounds and control blood sugar...the best. I know there are other factors that enter in for your situation that make it perhaps more challenging for you than for others.

Hang in there. You're right, slow and consistent and persistent is better than push-button magic. It has to become a habit and a way of life.

Hang in there and have a great day.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:49 AM   #34
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Bring it on
G, I read your thread and I wish you the best. I like your attitude. Sometimes I read threads and I feel bad because I am not sure if the woman who wrote the thread is comfortable with a guy reading their thread. On this board I see a lot of women's issues and although I can't relate, I can tell you that I have compassion for what you are going through.

Again, I wish you the best and hope to run accross you on the boards as I too am on Atkins and have a growing interest in Veggies.
Bring it on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:06 AM   #35
Senior LCF Member

Hey T - I know what you mean hun. And your in put is always welcome and is invaluable to me. I know what you mean about when I used the word struggle - a WOE/WOL should never have to be a struggle. I need to get over this feeling of feeling like a failure just because a) I have failed in the past, and b) because a particular WOE LC isn't working for me. There are other options and I am gonna enjoy exploring them. Sorry I didn't get back to you last night, it was 4am and my eye's were beginning to take on a square shape LoL!
I hope you don't think I was being defensive, I wasn't, I promise. I think part of it was my doctors fault. I had to call her earlier in the day to explain that my op had been cancelled, and she asked me if I was still LCing. I told her yes, and she proceeded to tell me that this lifestyle was what was causing me to be ill. Er....What? I have been poorly for quite some time, waaay before LCing! I started defending myself and LCing and then decided that I have the knowledge that she doesn't. She has never even read DANDR! Maybe DANDR to the T isn't right for me, but the principles are. KWIM? As always tho, I am constantly learning, and always open to advice and suggestions. I need them to build my experience and knowledge. I needed to know that I was ok to try another way of LCing not just DANDR...and you gave me that!! Always grateful to you T!!
G x
Old 03-04-2009, 04:14 AM   #36
Senior LCF Member

Hi Ricardo!
Thanks for dropping by and your lovely message. Yeh - I've seen in other threads that your have an interest in cutting down on meat. I hope that goes well for you. I have started to use TVP to cook with and replace ground beef with.
I don't have an issue with anyone reading my journal, as I said to T, I am on a journey of collecting knowledge. Any suggestions, advice and support that someone has for me, I gladly take aboard.
Please pop by as often as you like. Hopefully see you around the boards.
Wishing you luck in your journey...
G x
Old 03-08-2009, 12:29 PM   #37

Hope you're having a good day.
Old 03-08-2009, 02:54 PM   #38
Senior LCF Member

Hey T I am back! Was house sitting for my inlaws since Thursday night. Just back. Tried to eat well, and exercise. But now I'm am back in the comfort of my own home (well flat, but ours nonetheless) I start Shred tomorrow. Can't wait. I watched just to kinda get a grip on it, and I like her style. So woo hoo. I have a proper plan (for me anyway) in place. - see siggy. I will do Callanetics 3x per week. I have ordered evolution and plan to make that a part of my plan. Maybe replace one of my 10 in 10's or 2 of them. JM shred 3x a wk, and of course C25K, which I love. My chest is a lot better so hopefully after repeating wk 2 this wk, I'll be right back on track. I'm now not bothered how long it takes me, if I have to repeat for my own comfort then so be it. So long as I am happy that I can complete each challenge, each week, I shall be more than content.
I'm happy for this new life I see before me. I am doing something positive, finally. I am able to forsee a future where I can be at a gathering of people and not be intimidated "cos I was the fat one there"....this is a whole new me...
I am changing GP's as mine is so very unsupportive and so not clued up on anything current.
Am off to bed after watching Damages....so tired, hubby and I have been sitting up till very late all week, chatting, watching movies...
I have no eggs so will have to have a rummage for what to eat tomorrow.
G x
Old 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM   #39

So....did you get some protein powder to replace the one you dumped?

And just HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO DUMP IT, might I ask?

Old 03-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #40
Senior LCF Member

Hey T - I went down and they had none. They have a delivery coming in on Wednesday so I should be able to get some.
How did I manage to dump it? I have no idea, I'm still reeling. I was wearing it. It got everywhere! The worktop, cooker, floor - everywhere. It keeps repeating in my head, and honestly I couldn't tell you!!
It was expensive too - Solgar Whey to go in Vanilla (oddly it tastes of nothing - very plain!, I keep forgetting its Vanilla)

I'm sat here shaking my head thinking how did I manage that?! LoL!
Old 03-09-2009, 03:00 PM   #41
Senior LCF Member

I have also been lookinh in JUDDD - unsure about it as I know very little about it. But I want to learn more...It seems as though I would be able to incorporate a vegetarian LC plan in to it...

I started JM today and loved it. She really does get you going. Still suffering a few effects of the chest infection which is on its way out, Thank God. I'll be able to do C25K properly again!
My UTI is taking its sweet time, but its on its way out too I hope. So GP will ring hospital to advise that I should be ok soon, and hopefully I'll get another date soon!
Old 03-09-2009, 11:44 PM   #42
Major LCF Poster!

Just wanted to say a quick Hello.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:01 AM   #43
Major LCF Poster!

I just started a Journal. It's called. Enough is Enough, Rich is going to get Buff. (LOL) Feel free to drop by.

I am actually planning a tofu stir fry dinner this week.
Old 03-12-2009, 05:54 PM   #44
Blabbermouth!!!

Gallery: kelley17
Stats: 175/160/125
WOE: Finding My Way
Start Date: 5/5/10
Hey P! Wow you have had some journey. I'm in awe of your strength and determination.
Keep rocking!

Here is the fab Veggie Pot Pie I was talking about - Bonus you don't have to make from scratch and it is fairly healthy. Amy's also makes a non-dairy one if you don't do dairy -
kelley17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 03:27 PM   #45
Senior LCF Member

I have been so side tracked posting elsewhere, or getting fixated with the recent troubles here, or reading my LGL Diet book that I haven't been in to mention that I am down 5lbs. I think it has everything to do with introducing a wee bit of fruit and following what I have learned so far in LGL dieting. I finished the book earlier and am happy to say that this is what I am going to be following, along with IF - not starving myself. I hope it'll be just the thing for me. I really feel like it will be. I'm so excited...

I also made another decision this weekend. I am going to take my docs advice, along with the advice of some wonderful people on this site, and start AD's again. I have an illness, nothing to be ashamed about and its not something that I can avoid or ignore any longer.
I did something earlier today that I haven't done in a very long time, and it was enough for me to stop and think, right I have to do something here. And I am doing. I have an appt at the docs in the morning. For so long I have thought by not taking them I am strong. But by not taking a medication for an illness I'm making myself weaker - this is my take anyway you know?

I hope this is the right thing for. God willing I'll get this depression under control, along with the rest of my life, and then I'll really BE IN CONTROL...
Old 03-15-2009, 03:54 PM   #46

G, it definitely is not something to be ashamed of. If you're imbalanced, then the meds should help level your world. It happens to a lot of people.

Congrats on that loss, girl! That's great!
Old 03-15-2009, 04:02 PM   #47
Major LCF Poster!

Are you talking about a med for Depression? By all means it will help you. There is no weakness in that. Depression is a REAL chemical disorder. Sometime you need a little help. I am so glad that you decided to take something. Give it time. I am sure your Doc told you it could take 2 weeks to a month to Start working. I have taken one before and I use to think it was a stigma or a sign of weakness. If you do start to talk about it, you will find that many people have gone through it. Please keep in touch and let me know how you are doing.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #48
Senior LCF Member

Thanks T, Thanks Rich!
Rich I have taken AD's before. I have been diagnosed as bipolar. I have suffered with depression for 10+ years, and stopped taking meds, wrongly or rightly, a number of years ago. I went thru a lot of traumatics things growing up and had terrible experiences in my late teens, early 20's. Then one year I just felt so medicated I had to stop. I felt like I was going "mad". But then this last coupla years has gradually been eating away at me...and now I'm a little lost. I feel trapped in this deep dark hole and I can't get out...I need a rope you know?
I'm being positive about it. This is the best and right thing for me.
Thanks for being so kind both of you. Sometimes the kindness on these threads moves me to tears...good tears tho
Old 03-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #49
Blabbermouth!!!

GP - You take care of yourself and do what you need to do. No need to be ashamed. Sometimes our brain chemicals are a bit off and we need a little help. You start feeling better and ever thing else comes easier.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:19 PM   #50
Major LCF Poster!

How are you Feeling?
Old 03-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #51
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: hotchick818
Stats: 213/203/165
WOE: Low carb
Start Date: 1/5/14 Restart Low carb
Hi Glamour P!

Just wanted to drop by to say hello and that I hope that you are doing well and feeling good
hotchick818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 04:52 AM   #52

[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]
What's goin' on with you, G?
Hope this finds you feeling much better, positive, determined. We're here for you.
[/COLOR]
Old 03-20-2009, 05:28 AM   #53
Senior LCF Member

Hey T - Am doing well thanks.
Hey Rich and Hot Chick!
You are all so fab for checking in.
Started the AD's on Monday, no effect as of yet, but I'm not expecting miracles. Its gonna be a slow process. I have exercised everyday this week. The weather has been quite nice so walking for 1 1/2 hours a day has been a breeze, it certainly makes me feel better, and has a positive effect on me. I have been running too, but not strictly following the C25K plan - for a few reasons. Am gonna do the program properly after the op, cos after surgery I willl be out of action for a number of weeks and I know I'll feel so bad if I can't manage the time that I was up to before surgery. Silly maybe, but its just how I am...Where as now I am running for as long as is comfortable, then walking, then running and its enjoyable. Some intervals I'm managing a 5 and a half min run, some even 6, some maybe only 4/3, but its more than I was managing before.
I love Callanetics before bed. It helps me sleep so much better. My pain gets worse at night for some reason so its hard to sleep at times. I find that doing Callanetics before bed relaxes me no end. The pain doesn't seem to be so intense - not always but mostly. Its so nice!
Right am off to get ready for a walk, looks like the sun is gonna creep thru these clouds. This is the first year I'm looking forward to Summer, I hate the sun! (no bashing please) I spend most of it in bed with a migraine. I'm a real Autumn/Winter gal. But this year I'm gonna enjoy it. I will be slimmer and fitter, and will be able to wear more summery clothes...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:29 AM   #54
Major LCF Poster!

GP, Your meds will kick in and you will find a balance. Just have faith in that. The exercise is great alone for your Seratonin levels. Stay positive!
What you think about you manifest. so just think about feeling good this spring and doing really well.

Ok. my lecture is over. Hope that helps.

Also, I am not just puffing you up to be positive. Statistically it is shown that when people get on meds, are monitored correctly and stick to it, over 95% of the time they do great.

Last edited by Bring it on; 03-20-2009 at 06:39 AM..
Old 03-20-2009, 06:39 AM   #55
Blabbermouth!!!

Hey GP! Loving your positive attitude and your perseverance. I adjusted C25K to fit me and ended up loving to run. I think that is what is important. If I had followed the plan I would have been sore, disillusioned, and quit within the first 4 weeks. So keep it up and do what you can, you know your body and mind best.

I'm with you about summer. I usually dread it and hated taking my kiddies to the pool (felt like a bloated beached whale). But this year I'm actually excited. I will feel comfortable in shorts and tank tops and can't wait to take my first real sweaty run. I love to sweat, I feel like it cleans my body out.

Have a good one and KUTGW
C25K Graduate and Now restart April 2012 W1D3 done
my weightloss journeyDoing it for myself and my family
Old 03-20-2009, 07:49 AM   #56
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ollamo
WOE: :::moderation:::
Start Date: may 13, 2008
Hey chicka just poppin in to see how you are doing. I see you are still running, kuddos to you girl. Hope your pain eases up a bit
ollamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #57
Major LCF Poster!

How are you feeling? Haven't heard from you. I hope all is going well.
Old 03-25-2009, 05:01 AM   #58
Senior LCF Member

Hey all - Thanks for popping by and be so very nice. Am just back from the doctors, just re a progress report on how things are. I have no change mood wise, I do feel better in some ways and I think that is largely down to LGL. Its too soon to be feeling better with regards to AD's.
I also got a revised date for my op, its the 2nd April. Anxiety is setting in....I need to go do some cardio and Callanetics, I should feel a little better.
I love Callanetics! It is just simply amazing!
G x
Old 03-25-2009, 06:50 AM   #59
Blabbermouth!!!

GP! Keep doing Callanetics it will help with your anxiety. You are in my prayers.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:09 AM   #60
Senior LCF Member

Thanks Kelley!

Wow 2 weeks today - I'm really anxious. In fact today I'm happy cos I was told I look thinner! So nice to hear. My jeans fit better, thanks to the beauty of Callanetics and my paunch, tho still fat, is flatter. So good. I was practicing engaging my pelvic muscles in the shower (TMI I know) but its not surprising to see why it would work!
But on the other hand I'm a little sad, getting towards tearful because I can't do too much strenous cardio, infact very little cardio. I'm doing what I can, rebounding, lots and lots of walking. But my pain is quite severe at times, and its always present. The only thing that does help in anyway is Callanetics, the pain is relieved somewhat, not completely, but its so much more bearable.
I may need to ask T a few things - the best kinda foods to eat during recovery, and how can I burn fat during that period if I can't exercise. I suppose my biggest worry is that I don't know what they are going to have to do. I don't know the lengths that they are going to have to go to. Oh I hate the not knowing, and the anxiety of the waiting and worriying!

Last edited by Glamour P!; 03-26-2009 at 10:11 AM..