Low Carb Friends

Low Carb Friends (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/)
-   Weight Loss Journals (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/)
-   -   JENNIFERS JOURNEY TO THE MOON!!! (http://www.lowcarbfriends.com/bbs/weight-loss-journals/600192-jennifers-journey-moon.html)

gynx8467 01-25-2009 08:47 AM

JENNIFERS JOURNEY TO THE MOON!!!

It is time for me to get serious about my WOE! I decided to start this thread to post on daily to let myself know and others how I really feel about me. I don't like how I look and feel right now. I can't walk up a set of stairs without losing my breath. I want to be healthy and today is the day to do it. This is my journey.

gynx8467 01-25-2009 04:43 PM

[COLOR="Purple"]Well this is what ****** looks like for today. not too bad I think.

Calories 1,620
Fat 130.7 ---74 %
Carbohydrate 21.1 --- 5 %
Protein 78.9 ---20 %

Fat (74%) Carbs (5%)
Protein (20%)

gynx8467 01-25-2009 04:47 PM

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Considering the day I have had, I feel like I did good eating. We had to go to a birthday party at DH mothers house. Not far from our house. I didnt eat anything. No body noticed. But while we were there the neighbors came down and told us that our dogs had gotten into a fight. We have several dogs outside. They ended up killing my DS's chocolate lab. It was not a good thing and very upsetting. Then I had to drive to work and think about it all the way.

I pray that tomorrow will be better, but food wise did well.
DAY 1 :cool:[/COLOR]

gynx8467 01-27-2009 06:06 PM

Well today was a struggle. Mom told me that my diet wasn't doing any good and that I was wasting my time. That really hurt but made me think about things too. What is wrong with me and why can't I get a grip on things.

bekki1 01-27-2009 07:48 PM

Jennifer, sit down sweetheart and lets think about this.
Take my hand.
Your stats say you started 8/1/08 and that you have lost 24 lbs. That alone is WONDERFUL.
Let me see a sample of your menu, not what ****** says.
I did not tell anyone I was changing my way of eating. Not a soul. When the "not allowed food" was offered I did not verbally decline I just past it up. Like you said no one notices. BUT, if you make a big deal of passing it up people notice.
What excersize can you do? Take the darlin' little one for a walk to see the neighborhood. Go a little further every day. Park a few parking spots away from your destination. You can do it if you set your mind to it. I know you can. And whats even better is I know you want to do it.
I am sorry about your beloved pet. It made me stop and rub my feet on my 7 year old lab that is laying under my feet.
How exactly are you wasting your time (words from your mom)? by adding more years of health on your beautiful smart fun loving body? Do you really live by your moms thoughts?
WOW!! This sounds harsh as I re read it. I just do not want you to give up. Please hang in there Jennifer. Look at that precious baby in your aviator. Your kids need you.
Now give me a big hug baby. Post your menu daily and I will check in on you. Read some of my journals, I have wanted to give up too BUT I cant. Nor shall you.

One more hug and chin up!

freewilly 01-27-2009 07:59 PM

I am sending you a virtual hug, too! Bekki gave some wonderful words of encouragement and love, I dont know what else to say to add to it. Bless you, and keep on, you are an inspiration and besides.. you see, and God sees, and you are allowing us to see your progress and how you are definitely not wasting your time. Thank you!

gynx8467 01-28-2009 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11487557)
Jennifer, sit down sweetheart and lets think about this.
Take my hand.
Your stats say you started 8/1/08 and that you have lost 24 lbs. That alone is WONDERFUL.
Let me see a sample of your menu, not what ****** says.
I did not tell anyone I was changing my way of eating. Not a soul. When the "not allowed food" was offered I did not verbally decline I just past it up. Like you said no one notices. BUT, if you make a big deal of passing it up people notice.
What excersize can you do? Take the darlin' little one for a walk to see the neighborhood. Go a little further every day. Park a few parking spots away from your destination. You can do it if you set your mind to it. I know you can. And whats even better is I know you want to do it.
I am sorry about your beloved pet. It made me stop and rub my feet on my 7 year old lab that is laying under my feet.
How exactly are you wasting your time (words from your mom)? by adding more years of health on your beautiful smart fun loving body? Do you really live by your moms thoughts?
WOW!! This sounds harsh as I re read it. I just do not want you to give up. Please hang in there Jennifer. Look at that precious baby in your aviator. Your kids need you.
Now give me a big hug baby. Post your menu daily and I will check in on you. Read some of my journals, I have wanted to give up too BUT I cant. Nor shall you.

One more hug and chin up!

:hugs::hugs::hugs:
Thanks So much. I know that mom is very crass about things but when she said that out of the blue I was just in shock. I have always been beg, since I was a child and she is big. I don't want to be this way. I have decided to begin induction again starting officially on Sunday. I will be posting my menu everyday and probably won't do ****** for a while. Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by freewilly (Post 11487609)
I am sending you a virtual hug, too! Bekki gave some wonderful words of encouragement and love, I dont know what else to say to add to it. Bless you, and keep on, you are an inspiration and besides.. you see, and God sees, and you are allowing us to see your progress and how you are definitely not wasting your time. Thank you!

Thanks I really do need all the support I can get right now. I want this to work.

gynx8467 01-28-2009 05:31 AM

Menu plan for today:
BF-4 bacon, 2 microfried eggs, coffee-decaf/ cream
S-cheese cubes, dill pickle
L- salad/ ranch dsg, hamburger patty 2
S- cheese cubes, dill pickle
D-? Not sure yet!!!

Ok ? ****** says that eggs have carbs, do they? I thought they were carb free.

bekki1 01-28-2009 03:01 PM

I do not count my carbs in eggs or meat. But I do know they have carbs. I make sure I eat no more than 4 oz of cheese a day.

I hope you did not think I was being mean. sometimes our moms think they are doing good things and do not realize what they are saying. When you prove her wrong she will be all " what are you doing, how are you doing it, you llok great, I knew you could do it all along." Thats why they are moms and we are their kids.

Why wait for Sunday? Why not now?

Beautiful flower. Lets set a two week goal. What do you say?

I want to lose 8 lbs by Feb 11th. So I will be 158. That sounds good. thats 4 lbs a week, might be tough but boy will the neighbors see me doing the happy dance. You in?

Hang in there sweetheart. You can do it.

gynx8467 01-28-2009 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11491821)
I do not count my carbs in eggs or meat. But I do know they have carbs. I make sure I eat no more than 4 oz of cheese a day.

I hope you did not think I was being mean. sometimes our moms think they are doing good things and do not realize what they are saying. When you prove her wrong she will be all " what are you doing, how are you doing it, you llok great, I knew you could do it all along." Thats why they are moms and we are their kids.

Why wait for Sunday? Why not now?

Beautiful flower. Lets set a two week goal. What do you say?

I want to lose 8 lbs by Feb 11th. So I will be 158. That sounds good. thats 4 lbs a week, might be tough but boy will the neighbors see me doing the happy dance. You in?

Hang in there sweetheart. You can do it.

[COLOR="Indigo"]Ok! Sounds like it will be tough but we can do it right. I have done well today. I will be back in a few to post menu.[/COLOR]

gynx8467 01-28-2009 05:07 PM

Menu for today.

Breakfast bacon (4) 0 carbs
eggs 2 fried 1 carbs
coffee w/ cream & splenda 2 carb
Snack cheese cubes 1 carb
dill pickle 1 carb
Lunch salad 4 carbs
ranch dsg 4 carbs
Snack smoothie 0 net carbs
Dinner spare ribs 0 carbs
sf BBQ sauce 4 carbs
Snack cheese cubes 1 carbs
dill pickle 1 carbs

Water 90oz
19 total net carbs for the day

bekki1 01-28-2009 06:26 PM

Looking good baby.
For dinner I had 1/2 avocado and many pieces of bacon. YUMMY

gynx8467 01-29-2009 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11492829)
Looking good baby.
For dinner I had 1/2 avocado and many pieces of bacon. YUMMY

I love bacon. Don't think of it much for dinner tho. I need to. That would be good.

gynx8467 01-29-2009 07:55 AM

[COLOR="Indigo"]Feeling somewhat better about myself today. I managed to stick with my plan yesterday that is good. I also did 20 min on tm yesterday that is day 2 of exercise.:clap::clap:

Menu so far today is:

BF- sausage scramble-2carbs
S- cheese and dill pickle (maybe) 2 carbs
L- grilled chicken salad w/ ranch dsg 10carbs[/COLOR]

gynx8467 01-29-2009 06:18 PM

[COLOR="Blue"]Ok this is how the menu ended up for the day:

BF- sausage scramble 2carbs
L- salad w/ grilled chicken and ranch dsg 5carbs
S- cheese/ dill pickles 5 carbs
D- steak and shrimp 0 carbs
S-lc chocolate protein drink 6carbs

Total carbs for today 18 :clap::clap:[/COLOR]

80oz water.

bekki1 01-29-2009 07:23 PM

See! Look at who is proving mama wrong.
I knew you would do it. When you lay your head on the pillow, smile cuz you accomplished day 2 of exersize . Now day 3 will be there when you open your eyes again. Get on that treadmill baby. You can do it. I wish I had a treadmill. I have to exersize with the Wii fit.

See you just needed support.

I am upping my fats and thats why I ate bacon last night and this morning. Just a little experiment. Plus I could eat bacon every day. I will probably be tired of it in the future but I hope not. I wonder what is would taste like dipped in guacomole or sour cream. (Homer Simpson Drool!!)

gynx8467 01-30-2009 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11498898)
See! Look at who is proving mama wrong.
I knew you would do it. When you lay your head on the pillow, smile cuz you accomplished day 2 of exersize . Now day 3 will be there when you open your eyes again. Get on that treadmill baby. You can do it. I wish I had a treadmill. I have to exersize with the Wii fit.

See you just needed support.

I am upping my fats and thats why I ate bacon last night and this morning. Just a little experiment. Plus I could eat bacon every day. I will probably be tired of it in the future but I hope not. I wonder what is would taste like dipped in guacomole or sour cream. (Homer Simpson Drool!!)

Thanks Bekki::hugs:
I wish I had a Wii fit. The tm is one that a girl at work gave me because the dr told her not to use it with her lupus? It is a cheap one and hangs up every now and then but it was sure worth the price. Free!!! I had my bf this morning and I am going to get on the tm in a few min.

gynx8467 01-30-2009 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11498898)

I could eat bacon for every meal too. I think I am going to try to have more protein snacks like bacon instead of cheese and dill pickles. I get bored with them easy. I didn't used to like guacamole but DH got me started eating it and now I love it. Never dipped bacon in it I will have to try that. Sounds yummy.

I feel so much better today. I know it has only been a couple of days on strict induction but I feel better. DH says I will mess up today. He didn't mean anything by that but he says everytime I start knocking myself for the past mistakes I mess up. I need to be very careful today and not do that. I also need to stop living in the past. I guess that makes him right. (ALthough I would never tell him):laugh::laugh:

gynx8467 01-30-2009 04:18 PM

COLOR="Indigo"]

My menu for today is:
BF- sausage scramble- 1 carb
l- taco salad w/o shell and no beans 8 carbs
s- pork rinds- 1 carb
d- chicken 0 carbs
s- sf cheescake 4 carbs

14 total carbs 40oz water

A little low on the carbs today but I really didn't want much to eat today. I need to get some more water.

I did 20 min. on tm this morning.:clap:[/COLOR]

bekki1 01-30-2009 04:26 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::c lap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::cla p::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: :clap::clap:
Enough said! Rock on baby!! Prove DH wrong just like you are doing to mama.

gynx8467 01-31-2009 05:23 PM

[COLOR="Purple"]
Today has been a great day for me. We went to Franklin and looked around a bit. We always go to Cody's Roadhouse when we go out there. I always have the best of intentions when I eat there. But there bread is soooo good. Today however was different. I had a nice salad w/ garlic ranch dsg and steak (yummy). and grilled veggies. And NO BREAD, not even one little nibble. I am so proud of myself. I didn't even want it. :clap::clap:

My exercise has been walking all over the stores.

Menu

BF- sausage links 0 carbs
S- pork rinds- 2 carbs
L- pizza toppings- 4 carbs
S- sf chocolate chip cookie bar- 4 carbs
D- steak, salad w/garlic ranch dsg, grilled veggies 10 carbs

[/COLOR]

gynx8467 01-31-2009 05:27 PM

[COLOR="Purple"]Almost forgot. I bought some ketosis strips and it says moderate.:clap::clap:[/COLOR]

bekki1 01-31-2009 06:44 PM

JEN,
Look at you. Yeah. I am so proud of you. Not even one small bite of bread. I bet you were smiling from ear to ear. :laugh:
Its funny because after awhile people forget you are "dieting." I bet it felt good and especially the walking.
After awhile you will be laughing when you see your moms jaw drop like the wieght is.
Have a great Saturday night luv.:hugs:

gynx8467 01-31-2009 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11507036)
JEN,
Look at you. Yeah. I am so proud of you. Not even one small bite of bread. I bet you were smiling from ear to ear. :laugh:
Its funny because after awhile people forget you are "dieting." I bet it felt good and especially the walking.
After awhile you will be laughing when you see your moms jaw drop like the wieght is.
Have a great Saturday night luv.:hugs:

Thanks Going to bed now. Night.

bekki1 02-01-2009 08:26 AM

Good morning. Just checking in. I read you lost 2 lbs. High fives to you.

gynx8467 02-01-2009 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bekki1 (Post 11508611)
Good morning. Just checking in. I read you lost 2 lbs. High fives to you.

Thanks Bekki!

gynx8467 02-01-2009 04:07 PM

[COLOR="Indigo"]You know Bekki I just love your avi. My mother was from Washington. She was born somewhere around Tacoma or Seattle I think. I have never been there but I have seen some awesome pics.[/COLOR]

bekki1 02-01-2009 05:03 PM

Jennifer. I was born in Tacoma then moved when I was one to where my parents are now. It is beautiful here most of the time. I have never been to North Carolina but I have been to Oklahoma and loved it.
I need to change my avi to a picture of myself so people can see who I am but I have none I like.
I would join the challenge you did but I do not have a tape measure. If I get one tomorrow I will join. I need to measure, I really do.

Teresa123 02-01-2009 05:19 PM

Hey, look who has a journal! Jen, you are doing so great--I am proud of you. :hugs: It is amazing how much better we feel when we get our head in the right place and start taking care of our bodies!

Great job at the Roadhouse. Remember how bad/guilty/defeated you would feel when eating off plan? Well, now start remembering how great you feel sticking to foods that are healthy for you! You can totally do this! :clap:

gynx8467 02-01-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teresa123 (Post 11510903)
Hey, look who has a journal! Jen, you are doing so great--I am proud of you. :hugs: It is amazing how much better we feel when we get our head in the right place and start taking care of our bodies!

Great job at the Roadhouse. Remember how bad/guilty/defeated you would feel when eating off plan? Well, now start remembering how great you feel sticking to foods that are healthy for you! You can totally do this! :clap:

:clap::hugs::clap:Hey Teresa Thanks!!! It is an awesome feeling.