Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2010, 06:10 AM   #451
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Gallery: gynx8467
Stats: 239.4/195.2/145
WOE: low carb
Start Date: Restart June 2010
Good morning everyone. You may have noticed that I have changed my picture. It seems that i have found my WAIST and I love it. It is that TOM but I am still going in the right direction.

To expound somewhat on the knee injury. When I was 15 I threw my knee out of place. Since that time I have had a lot of knee pain. I always attributed it to arthritis but now that I work for an Orthopedic dr now. He suggested that I have an MRI and it showed that I have a meniscal tear and that my patella (knee cap) sits to the lateral side. That is what causes the burning around my knee cap. there is some arthritis but not a lot. So I have decided to have surgery to fix it. Hopefully I can be without some pain. I am not sure when I am going to have it yet. I will let you all know.

Have a great day.

239/195.2/145
gynx8467 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2010, 06:54 AM   #452
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone. I had another Dr's appointment today to f/u on how I was doing with my weight. I have officially lost a total of 13 pounds. But the big thing is my BP was perfect 100/60

Might have lost more if it wasn't TOM. But I am pleased at least going in the right direction.

My only thing is: the dr told me when I started that he wanted me to do lc, then he told me he wanted me to snack on cheerios all day and water. I was doing that and doing great then I looked at the carb count (the wrong thing for me to do) and OMG I can't seem to make myself eat them any more. My weight has slowed some. Do you think that could be why? Should I eat them and see if the weight loss picks back up?????
Old 08-24-2010, 12:58 PM   #453
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: Lbertas
Stats: 260/204/165
WOE: Weight Watchers
Start Date: 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by gynx8467 View Post
Good morning everyone. I had another Dr's appointment today to f/u on how I was doing with my weight. I have officially lost a total of 13 pounds. But the big thing is my BP was perfect 100/60

Might have lost more if it wasn't TOM. But I am pleased at least going in the right direction.

My only thing is: the dr told me when I started that he wanted me to do lc, then he told me he wanted me to snack on cheerios all day and water. I was doing that and doing great then I looked at the carb count (the wrong thing for me to do) and OMG I can't seem to make myself eat them any more. My weight has slowed some. Do you think that could be why? Should I eat them and see if the weight loss picks back up?????
Jen You are looking realy good now. You are doing a good job at our weight loss I am so proud of you. 13 Pounds!!! That is super! Blood presure is good too see the weight loss things are all falling in place. I would stick to low carb too, it works for you so stay with it.
Have a super day,
Lbertas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 12:59 PM   #454
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbertas View Post
Jen You are looking realy good now. You are doing a good job at our weight loss I am so proud of you. 13 Pounds!!! That is super! Blood presure is good too see the weight loss things are all falling in place. I would stick to low carb too, it works for you so stay with it.
Have a super day,
Thanks Alberta!!!
Old 08-26-2010, 05:31 AM   #455
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good Morning! Had a great day yesterday.

Lots of drama in my life for the next few weeks. Mom has to have surgery tomorrow and then I am having my knee surgery next friday. I don't mind saying that I am scared to death about both of them.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:56 PM   #456
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well moms surgery went well. she is back home and doing great. WHew!!! One down one to go. Haven't been the most faithful dieter for the last few days and I feel it. I have done well today however, starting to feel a little better.

Have some chicken legs in the fridge will stick in the oven for supper and lunch tomorrow.

Have a great one.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:31 AM   #457
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Good morning everyone. 4 more days. UGH!!!! Hope everyone is doing great. I got on the scales this morning and I am at 220 by my scales. That puts me down 17 pounds total. I start getting nervous at this point however, this is where I usually screw up. I can't seem to get past 220. UGH!!!

This time however, WILL BE DIFFERENT>>>
Old 08-30-2010, 10:55 AM   #458
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Good morning everyone. 4 more days. UGH!!!! Hope everyone is doing great. I got on the scales this morning and I am at 220 by my scales. That puts me down 17 pounds total. I start getting nervous at this point however, this is where I usually screw up. I can't seem to get past 220. UGH!!!

This time however, WILL BE DIFFERENT>>>
Jennifer, I am so glad things went well with your Moms surgery. Now you like you ahve on your last sentence this time WILL BE DIFFERENT!! Come on Jen, you can do it, get past the 220 this time. You have a waist line that is showing be proud of it and keep on losing!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:04 AM   #459
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Thanks Alberta.

I think I probably shouldn't get on the scales as often.

Kind of dreading surgery on friday. Had my pre-op today and all went well. I think.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:15 AM   #460
Senior LCF Member

Quote:
Thanks Alberta.

I think I probably shouldn't get on the scales as often.

Kind of dreading surgery on friday. Had my pre-op today and all went well. I think.
Jennifer, I will be saying a prayer for you, your operation will be fine. I know about the scales I get on them all the time too but I do not let it run how I feel. I go by how my clothes are fitting on me. Sometimes a weight gain could be water weight so many different things so don't let the numbers ever ruin your day!
I hope you have a great day.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:15 PM   #461
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

UGH!!! This has been the longest day. I have had a headache all day and been really sick to my stomach. I know it is nervousness. I have had too much time to think about things today.

Tomorrow is the day of my surgery and I don't mind telling you I am scared to death.

So much so that I blew the diet tonight. Now I am really sick. I would go to bed but my surgery isn't until noon tomorrow and I wanted to stay up later and drink plenty of water so I wouldn't be too dehydrated when they do the IV. I am not sure what I dread the most, the IV or the actuall surgery. I really have complete faith in the Dr. I don't know I am such a mess right now. I will try to be back on tomorrow if I feel like it. Until then have a great day all.
Old 09-02-2010, 06:58 PM   #462
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Hey Jen---I'm sorry you are having such a rough day. I understand how you feel about surgery. I had my first one a few years ago (tumor, ovary and gallbladder removed). I was scared to death. I kept trying to fake it and act like it wasn't a big deal but I was a wreak. But bottom line---it's the anticipation and all the fears and what if's that freak us out and become way bigger in our heads than they are in reality. The actual event will be nothing---just a few hours of your day and normal routine for your Dr. And the bonus---you will get a chance to correct an old injury and be pain free---how awesome will that be?!

Hang in there and think of all the things you will do when that knee is healed. Maybe you will take up jogging and do a 5k or something you never dreamed of before. Keep your eye on the prize and I promise it will all turn out well and you'll wonder why you didn't do this years ago!

Take care, get a good nights rest, and definitely check in as soon as you are able.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:02 PM   #463
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Hey Jen---I'm sorry you are having such a rough day. I understand how you feel about surgery. I had my first one a few years ago (tumor, ovary and gallbladder removed). I was scared to death. I kept trying to fake it and act like it wasn't a big deal but I was a wreak. But bottom line---it's the anticipation and all the fears and what if's that freak us out and become way bigger in our heads than they are in reality. The actual event will be nothing---just a few hours of your day and normal routine for your Dr. And the bonus---you will get a chance to correct an old injury and be pain free---how awesome will that be?!

Hang in there and think of all the things you will do when that knee is healed. Maybe you will take up jogging and do a 5k or something you never dreamed of before. Keep your eye on the prize and I promise it will all turn out well and you'll wonder why you didn't do this years ago!

Take care, get a good nights rest, and definitely check in as soon as you are able.
Thanks so much Teresa. I think I am going to bed now. Good Night. Maybe tomorrow will come and go quickly.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:46 PM   #464
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well I survived the surgery. I am actually doing quite well. There was a little more damage than he had originally thought so I came home with crutches for a few days. No weight bearing. But the pain is not too bad right now. Hope it stays this way.

Thanks for all the prayers.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:37 AM   #465
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Still doing pretty good after surgery. A little more pain today since I tried to get up and fix my own breakfast. Not easy to do on crutches. I kind of twisted my knee in the process. But it is kind of easing off some.

Hope everyone has a great day.
Old 09-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #466
Big Yapper!!!!

Gallery: Teresa123
Stats: 350+/size 12/size 6
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: Oct 2006
Yay---I'm glad to hear things are going so well!! Now, stay off that leg missy and let yourself heal.
Teresa123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 06:54 AM   #467
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teresa123 View Post
Yay---I'm glad to hear things are going so well!! Now, stay off that leg missy and let yourself heal.
Thanks Teresa. DH took me out to eat last night it was kind of his b-day dinner. He said I over did it yesterday. I didn't sleep well last night. My leg feels really stiff. Not so much pain but stiffness. Then fur babies got into a fight and stupid me tried to break it up and got my hand bit so makes it hard to hold those stupid crutches.

Doing ok today so far tho.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:04 AM   #468
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Hey everyone. Well yesterday was DH's birthday and I didn't do as good as I would have liked to do. But that day is gone and today is here.. Fixing to have my coffee for the morning. Ds is making chicken legs in the oven for me. yeah!!

I haven't been taking my pain meds and haven't had a lot of pain, but i think I over did it a bit yesterday and woke with an ache in my knee. But it is starting to feel some better.

I got on the scales again and they still said 217. I hope that is right. I haven't been below 220 in two years. It feels really good. Gave me inspiration to do really well today. I am excited.

Have a great day all.
Old 09-15-2010, 07:05 PM   #469
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

Well this has been an extremely long day. The knee is healing well, when I am not on it too much. Hopefully only have to use the crutches for another week after friday. It is hard to drag around on those things.

I had to take my mother to the cardiologist today. It is 2 hrs away, then had to wait 2 hrs for them to see her and then drive 2 hrs home. Also had the 2 Gbabies with us. Tough day. We also had to eat 2 meals away from home. Which I didn't do well on at all. I am going to bed now and tomorrow will be better. I have quiche in the fridge waiting for me and I will be ready.

Have a great night all.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:13 AM   #470
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

WOW!!!! I hven't updated this in a while. I just was looking through the posts and realized how far I have come. I was at 217 in Sept and now in Dec I am at 206. I am certainly headed in the right direction.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:02 AM   #471
Very Gabby LCF Member!!!

I haven't been too faithful to this journal lately. Not sure why. I have had so many emotions going on in the last few months. I really am not sure what to feel right now. I do know that since my last check in here I am down to 198. and have held it for 6 days now. I haven't dropped any lower but steady as she goes. I have learned with me that this is a work in progress and I have to go slow to keep it off. So far that is working for me.

Also in the process of the last few months our trailer burned to the ground. We have been in process of getting a new trailer on our land but have been halted on that. Somewhere along the line there is a judgement that we didn't know anything about for a vehicle that was repossessed back in 2005 after the plant shut down and we lost our jobs. It really has been devastating with the fire and this. So I have been going through the motions not sure if I am living or existing. I am praying that something will work out so we can get back home. I was really wanting to be home by Christmas. DH says he is going to build a house but with him driving a truck now his time is very little. It would take a long time plus money that we really don't have.

I am trying to only worry about the things that I can change and leave the rest for God. I just feel so empty right now and can't really express it to anyone. I just keep praying and praying.