LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:34 PM   #1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: bekki1
Stats: 172.1/156.2/150
WOE: HCG
Start Date: 4/9/12
I can do this...

My name is Bekki, I am 40 years old with 2 boys (13 &20) with a wonderful man I have dated for over a year. I use to run 2.5 miles 5 days a week and loved it. Years ago. I was under weight though. Worried my mom. I was a size 1 and today I am a tight size 10. I got a pair of running shoes for christmas and really want to eat healthy this year as well as get fit and quit smoking. And most of all be happy. Today I did my monthly (hopefully) shopping and made a few things to eat. I made LC BBQ pulled pork, egg salad, brocolli salad, 6 oopsies, some bacon, a few hard boiled eggs and some ham roll ups. I do not want to tell people I am changing my eating habits (none of their business) but one of my concerns is my boyfriend. I had a DANDR book out and my BF went on and on about how his ex tried this and failed. UGH!!!I do not live with him but we do spend Sunday nights, Tuesday nights, thursday nights and every other weekend together. Any who, this is me, I WILL lose 20 pounds, would love to lose 30 and would be doing back flips if I could lose 40. But my goal is 20! I will do this and hope to lose the first10 pounds by the end of the month, especially if I start walking regularly. I plan on taking the dog for a walk at least 3 days a week after work before dinner. I hope everyone is planning safe healthy ways of eating. Join me, I could use the support and laughs.
bekki1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-01-2009, 06:41 PM   #2
Major LCF Poster!

I thought I should what I ate today.
B:2 eggs/3 sauseage patties
S: a few bites of egg salad/brocolli salad
L: not hungry since I sleep in
D: broccoli salad, LC BBQ pulled pork sammy on an oopsie with a slice of pepperjack cheese
S; think I will have some warmed pumpkin but not sure, maybe add some cream cheese to that, sounds yummy.
Drank 7 big glasses of water through out the day.
Old 01-01-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: Shimmerfly
Stats: 237/227/165 5'8
WOE: Low Carb
Start Date: 14.02.11
Happy New Year, Bekki. All the best for 2009.

I can't wait for you to lose your 20 lbs to prove to your SO that you can do it/ //evilgrin
Shimmerfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #4

Gallery: monet0329
Stats: to much!
WOE: lower carb :D
Start Date: Feb 28 2013.. (lc) down 61.5 pounds :)
hey Bekki..

thought I would come by and see who you were.... Yeah.. I hope you prove your bf wrong hehe.. we can do this.. right? right!!

I like you.. have 2 boys.. 11 and 18.. and a step daughter.. 18.. she lives with her mom still.. 3 hours away .. have a hubby of 11 years.. (yeah.. do the math..lol)

anywho.. your prep food all sounds delish.. I haven't prepped yet.... bad me.. but I have stuff at home to work with..till I get to the store .. so all is good..

you have a great day and lets take this one day at a time.. we CAN do it!
★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ ℒℴѵℯ★ℒℴѵℯ★
monet0329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 02:59 PM   #5
Major LCF Poster!

Hi shimmerfly and Monet!!! yes we CAN do this!!! Today I walked 45 minutes with my lab Posey. She was so excited the minute I grabbed her leash. Its amazing how fast the time goes when you are walking thru town with so much to see. Tomorrow I am going to try to walk further, maybe a different way. I live right in the middle of a small country town.
My menu today will be;
B= egg salad and black coffee
S= string cheese
L= BBQ pulled pork
D= sauted peppers/onions w/pulled pork in scrambled eggs, broccoli salad
S= (maybe) those ugly green bean things w/ SF ketcup

2-33.8 oz smart water @the least.
I told BF I was going for a walk after work and he said why not wait until sunday I can go too. I said no thanks but we can go sunday ALSO!!!!!

How often is it good to weigh in? I have no problem with my weight going up/down a pound and would like to every morning. BUT........
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #6

Morning Bekki...

As far as weighing.. I would once a week.. but everyone is different.. some even once a month.. to see that big loss all at one time..instead of the little losses every day.. and sometimes no loss from day to day.. but the big one at the end of the week or month.. am I making any since here?..

You said that you and your son were by yourselves when he was 3.. My oldest and I were alone up till he was 6 then I met my hubby..and we are very close as well because of it. He and I talk about everything as well.. He just got out of a bad relationship with a girl who wasn't right for him.. and that's not coming from a paranoid mother.... it took him over a year to figure it all out.. but I let him make his own decisions.. I did point a few things out.. but you know he didn't listen to me..lol.. now.. he says I can tell him.. told you so.. but I never did.. never would.. he has to learn by making his own mistakes.. just like i did.. he grew from it so that's what matters.. right. ..

Now he is working on dating another gal.. very sweet and much more like him ..lets just say.. the other girl made him 25% happy and the other 75% they were arguing or he was upset about something she did..

anywho.. enough kiddos talk....

your menu sounds good.. ..

you have a great day hun..

oh and woot woot on your walk.. way to tell the bf.. hehe.. your doing great!
Old 01-03-2009, 09:10 AM   #7
Major LCF Poster!

So last night we got more snow. UGH!! I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes and take a shower, do the dishes from last night, get a load of clothes in the washer and head out for a walk. I am going to do at least 45 minutes today maybe an hour. Christmas tree is coming down and maybe the outside lights. Clean the bathrooms and change the sheets. Sounds like great exersize to me. For my days menu i was thinking:

B:black coffee/quiche
S:egg salad/celery sticks
L:brocolli salad/left over quiche/bacon
S:SF jello/pork rinds
D:hamburger patty w/pepperjack cheese & LC ketcup/spaghetti squash w/butter and a small salad

WOW thats alot of food. I guess if I plan alot I can choose how much or how little to eat.
I hope everyone has a great day and stays on track. I am excited for my walk and I know it is great for my lab also.(She has a huge backyard but loves to go for walks. Walks like the proud queen she thinks she is LOL)

Old 01-03-2009, 07:24 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekki1 View Post
So last night we got more snow. UGH!! I am going to get out of bed in a few minutes and take a shower, do the dishes from last night, get a load of clothes in the washer and head out for a walk. I am going to do at least 45 minutes today maybe an hour. Christmas tree is coming down and maybe the outside lights. Clean the bathrooms and change the sheets. Sounds like great exersize to me. For my days menu i was thinking:

B:black coffee/quiche
S:egg salad/celery sticks
L:brocolli salad/left over quiche/bacon
S:SF jello/pork rinds
D:hamburger patty w/pepperjack cheese & LC ketcup/spaghetti squash w/butter and a small salad

WOW thats alot of food. I guess if I plan alot I can choose how much or how little to eat.
I hope everyone has a great day and stays on track. I am excited for my walk and I know it is great for my lab also.(She has a huge backyard but loves to go for walks. Walks like the proud queen she thinks she is LOL)

wow you got alot done today.. me.. I worked..now tomorrow.. I will be taking the tree down and all the decor..sweeping and mopping the kitchen floor.. and the living room..well. lets just say.. cleaning..lol.. I did a load of laundry tonight and the dishes.. its a never ending process huh..

I love Christmas and all , but it will be nice to have my living room back..lol..

well, I better let you go dear.. stay warm over there in all that snow.. and again.. on the walking !!
Old 01-03-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
Major LCF Poster!

Good evening friends. I am experiencing some weird things. One of them is being up this late and I was up early this morning (6am). I did lots of chores and walked almost an hour with my lab Posey (7 years old). It is after 11 pm and I am not tired. Is this normal? I am also using the bathroom alot, I guess its from all the water I have been drinking. I drive in my car all day and can not stop every 15 minutes to pee. Will this go away soon if I continue to drink so much water?
Old 01-04-2009, 10:22 AM   #10
Major LCF Poster!

Good morning. Is it normal to have so much energy? I was up until 11:30 last night bored and woke up at 6:15. Nice if I can get use to it.
I did not want to do anything today since I got so much done yesterday and tomorrow is beginning a regular work week w/no days off. I am dreading tomorrow. We have a big monthly meeting with a garbage lunch. I was a garbage eater and now I am not. I do not want to draw attention to myself so I will have to come up with a plan. Meeting from 6:30 to 2. HMMMMMM
Today I guess I will walk again, hopefully my boyfriend will hold his word and walk with me but I may take a shower and go by myself before he comes over. I can not rely on anyone for my exercise plus then it is done.

For my menu:
B= pork quesadilla w/sour cream and gr tabasco, black coffee
L=hamburger paddy w/pepperjack cheese, lc ketcup and asparagus (left over dinner from last night)
D=either white castle pie or whoshie pie, brocolli salad
S=egg salad,cherry coke zero, coconut bark, string chhese and pepperoni slices (if I need these)
Water: 64 oz of smart water

Exercise: walk 1 hour ( today I will bring my hat and gloves) plus clean put my work car.

I hope every one stays on plan. Any tips on tomorrows meeting?

Last edited by bekki1; 01-04-2009 at 10:26 AM..
Old 01-05-2009, 05:40 PM   #11
Major LCF Poster!

Today I woke up at 4am. I thought it was from my BF's snoring which never bothered me before. As I layed there unable to fall back asleep I realized I was hit with the energy rush so many talk about.
I jumped my first hurdle today. Every 1st monday of the month I have to sit in 2 meetings. One from 6:30 -8:30 then another from 9:30 to 3:00. Usually the first is great but the second is full of garbage food. I was stressed yesterday thinking about it. I packed 2 string cheese, a baggie of pepperoni, water, 2 hard boiled eggs and broccoli salad. i snacked on 1 string cheese and 6 slices of pepperoni. I heard others say how good it looked and one co worker asked if she could share. For lunch I recommended we go to a small chain mexican restaurant called Chipolte ( i think thats how it is spelled), everyone agreed. I had a wonderful salad with chicken, sour cream, avacado, salsa, cilantro, cheese and turned down the honey mustard dressing. When asked for a beverage out came, "water would be great". Where did that come from? I was in heaven and totally full and could not eat it all.
I am so proud of myself. First hurdle jumped and cleared. By next months meetings I shall be more stable.
I am a daily wiegher. I know its not good but I am ok with this for now. I lost another.3 of a pound. Not excellent but at least it is something right. Better negative than positive I tell myself.
I hope everyone had a great monday. I hope this energy stays with me. I can stay up later and rise earlier, heck even make breakfast before work would be great
Sweet Dreams friends

Last edited by bekki1; 01-05-2009 at 05:42 PM..
Old 01-06-2009, 10:54 AM   #12

Hiya Bekki.. ..

Glad you got some energy.. its wonderful huh.. and yes.. a little loss is better then a gain any day!!.. way to plan for your meetings.. thats great!! You did awesome for the day.. ..

KUTGW!!
Old 01-07-2009, 03:50 PM   #13
Major LCF Poster!

I was busy yesterday so I could not write but I did eat on plan. No cheats. I found that if I pack a big lunch with alot of varieties I eat well and not alot. Last night I made 2 batches of Herion wings, spaghetti squash,(stuffing for BF & DS #1). DS #2 stuck to plan also. We ate all the wings, with me having only 7. Today I have had:
2 string cheese
egg salad
black coffee
6 slices pepperoni
celery about 1 cup give or take
33 oz water
and for dinner I plan on having Linda Sues Chicken, sausage, mushroom casserole.

Need to fit in more water and vegetables.
Any one try the wii fit? You opinion?
have a great day friends!!! Stay on plan.

171.0!!!

I could
Old 01-08-2009, 08:04 PM   #14
Major LCF Poster!

Not the best day today. Flooding every where. Schools canceled for my youngest tomorrow due to the buses can get get to the school. I am not very hungry so I am not eating alot. Do I have to eat if I am not hungry? This weekend I will be staying at my boyfriends so this will be my next hurdle. LC @ the BF is going to be hard. But I can do it!! I know I can. Going to make a cheesecake tonight so I can bring it to have something to snack on. Saturday night going to dinner with the parents, hopefully a steak house (I want a huge salad and even huger steak!!!). I will try to write tomorrow before I head to his house. I have to do this. It is not a diet but a way of eating!!! I need to stay strong!!
Old 01-09-2009, 07:49 AM   #15

Great attitude Bekki.. you CAN do this.. .. you have fun sweetie...
Old 01-09-2009, 03:11 PM   #16
Major LCF Poster!

Today I weighed and was up .2 lbs. I am a daily weigher, not good but thats me. I was not that disappointed because I know I ate on plan. Today I have had a pumpkin egg cream w/protein powder. A hard boiled egg, string cheese and pepperoni slices. Not sure what is for dinner. Thinking salmon. This weekend I will be staying at my boyfriends, and will be a big hurdle. Usually we spend everyother weekend together (when our boys are at the other parents house) and we try a new restaurant a a new beer ot two. That has to stop. Keep me inyour thoughts, I will stay on plan. One question for you. I never have TOM due to the birth control I am on. If any just a spot or two. But I have had TOM for 4 days with no end in site. Whats up with this? Anyone else have this problem?

Old 01-09-2009, 04:34 PM   #17
Major LCF Poster!

I was getting ready to gather my stuff for the weekend at my BF's house and was thinking about a post I read.Someone got on the scale again after they weighed in and their weight dropped. So I thought what the heck, lets see what the scale tells me. It said 170.2 not 171.2. I got on and off and on and off and feed the dog and got on. It said 170.2!!! Was I to tired this morning when I got on? Who cares, I will take it! Almost in the 160's. I can not wait to see what the scale says when I get home sunday night. YEAH BEKKI

Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #18
Major LCF Poster!

Well I am back from my weekend. I ate on plan but did have 3 bloody mary's yesterday so I will weigh in tomorrow and see how bad it hurt me. I made these amazing crepes for breakfast that I found int the cookbook called "Eating Stella Style". I found my new fav for weekend breakfast and I have thought of a few I can make for dinner. Then had tuna steak kabobs for dinner with garlic shrimp kabobs and salad. Last night I had a huge steak with horse radish and a salad but did have alot of peanuts. I bought a wii fit and am really excited to use it. My son is starting it right now. I will weigh in tomorrow and report back. Oh...by the way BF was so supportive. A few jokes in the grocery store but nothing big. He says he fell in love with me and if I lose any tweigh he will have the hottest mama around so an added bonus for him. Made me laugh. He even made me cheriozo (think I spelled it right) and eggs this morning and black coffee. He is a keeper!!!
Old 01-11-2009, 05:07 PM   #19
Major LCF Poster!

just got measured on the Wii fit and I am 172.4. Up from friday. It was the peanuts and bloody mary's last night. So next time no nuts and 1 BM. I will get it off this weeke plus. My goal is 3 pounds this week. I think I can!!
Old 01-12-2009, 05:16 PM   #20
Major LCF Poster!

Today I ate on plan and did 45 minutes on the Wii fit. WOW!! I dig the hula hooping. I am having chicken for dinner and cauliflower rice. Oh and the coconut blender pie. I hope it turned out good. Other wise I have a yucky dessert for the next few nights. Tomorrow I will make another pumpkin egg cream for breakfast. I am down a bit from yesterday and hope it continues. I will write more tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well and staying on plan.

Old 01-13-2009, 05:47 AM   #21

Gallery: TXLoser
WOE: WW/LC
Start Date: January 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by bekki1 View Post
Today I ate on plan and did 45 minutes on the Wii fit. WOW!! I dig the hula hooping.
AWESOME!!!!!!!!

KUTGW

I just started drinking the egg creams...took me a loooooong time to get used to the whole drinking a raw egg thing...but it is true you really don't taste it!! I have to find the pumpkin recipe..sounds good
TXLoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 06:20 AM   #22

HIya Bekki..

looks like you did pretty good.. so you has 2 many bm's and peanuts.. live and learn my friend and it looks like you did.. .. have you tried Bacardi and diet coke? If you like the occasional drink.. that's a safe one.. carb wise that is.. I saw it on a bill board once..

what are these egg creams you ladies are talking about? and the coconut pie? and the crepes?

your having all kinds of yummy things that I don't know about..... hehehe

hope your weight gets back down to what you were.. and then some.. 3 pounds a week is doable..

have a great day hun!!

oh and on the exercise... I wanna WII.,.
Old 01-13-2009, 05:39 PM   #23
Major LCF Poster!

I am down to 169.9 this morning. I am so excited. I love to read recipe books so I checked out "Eating Stella Style" by George Stella from the library last thursday.
The pumpkin egg cream was posted in the recipe room, not sure by who but if you want it I can PM you. Let me know. the crepes are out of the cookbook I mentioned above. The coconut pie was also posted in the recipe room and I can put that on here too. Its ok, not the best but I will make it again because I miss dessert.

tonight I am having Crazy Egg Meatloaf. Smells wonderful, also will be having deviled eggs and a salad.

I did 45 minutes on the Wii fit today when I came home. I wanted to come home so bad just to do that.

I ate on plan today, even stopped at a fast food restaurant. A co- worker wanted too so I thought "another hurdle I have to learn." So I got a ham/turkey salad with ranch and a water. I got a funny look from the cashier when I ordered. Almost like she was thinking, a salad from a fast food restaraunt and just water. I smiled and gobbled it down. The hurdles are getting easier.

This weekend I have a 2 catering jobs but I know as long as I eat before and pack snacks I will do great.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:43 PM   #24
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellief
Stats: 128/114/105
WOE: Clean Atkins, no dairy or frankenfoods
good job for staying on plans throgh all those hurdles!!!!! thats definitely very impressive.
glad to find out your DBF is supportive even though it didnt seem like that in the beginning. . .
can you post your recipe for the crepes?
i am also a daily weigher, and i just posted in my journal about how seeing it go up even .2 of a pound makes me so upset even though i rationally know that the scale fluctuates. its a mind game. just stay on plan and thats the most important thing. . . in the past i would use the scale going up .2 as an excuse to go overboard that day to have a pity party. . makes matters even worse the next morning while standing on the scale!!!
good luck and hope you have a good week!!

happily married and healthy just looking to lose those honeymoon pounds and keep my family healthy
ellief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #25
Major LCF Poster!

Strawberries & Mascarpone Cream Crepes
Recipe from Eating Stella Style by George Stella

1/4 c whole milk ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
2 T Splenda
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 T butter
1/2 c chopped strawberries
4 whole strawberries
1/4 c mascapone cheese

Add all the ingredients, (except the butter, berries and mascapone cheese)to a bowl and mix well with a whisk.

In a seperate bowl mix the cheese and sliced strawberries. Set aside.

Melt a teaspoon butter in a small non stick skillet over medium heat.

Drop 2 heaping tablespoons of crepe mix in the hot pan and immediatley tilt the pan so the mix coats the bottom.

Cook for one minute and flip the crepe. It is easier to tilt the pan and then flip with your fingers.
Fill each crepe with 1 heaping tablespoon of fresh chopped starwberries and marscopone cheese. Continue until alll done.

I doubled the recipe. Next time I will triple it since I have 3 in the family. I may try cream cheese instead of the Marscapone as it is a little spendy. You find it in the finer cheese secetion of the grocery store. Taste almost like cream cheese. Try it.

Carbs count: 3
Fiber count:1
Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 AM   #26

Cheri’s Creamy Southwestern Taco Soup

1 pound ground beef
2 3/4 ounces onion, chopped, 1/2 cup
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
2 10-ounce cans Ro-tel tomatoes, undrained (tomatoes with green chilies)
2 cans beef broth
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 teaspoons salt, or to taste

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef with the onion and garlic; drain. Add the spices and cook a couple minutes. Drop the cream cheese in bits into the meat. With the back of a big spoon, smash it into the meat until no bits of white remain. Stir in remaining ingredients and heat through.

Makes 8 cups or 6-8 servings

Per 1/6 Recipe: 361 Calories; 29g Fat; 18g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

Per 1/8 Recipe: 271 Calories; 22g Fat; 13g Protein; 5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 4g Net Carbs
Old 01-14-2009, 03:06 PM   #27
Major LCF Poster!

Monet, thanks for the recipe love. I am going to make it tomorrow night. Hopefully will last through out the weekend.

I have not eated much today.
I had a quarterly meeting and they served sausage,egg,cheese muffins and fruit. The fruit looked amazing and we had barrels of product (i work for coke) to sample. I tossed the muffin and ate the sausage,cheese and egg and 1 strawberry. Yes, just one. As everyone loaded up with free product I did too. I carry a big cooler in my car and decided to put the free beverages in there and just collect them. I did great.
Then I drank my pumpkin egg cream as I drove away. I have had nothing else today. Just not hungry. Lots on my mind I guess.
I have been doing Wii Fit since Sunday, think I may not today or maybe later. Not in the mood.
Feel like I am in a rut. Just blah. Not sure why.
Tonight my son goes to his dad for dinner so I will have leftovers from last night. Crazy egg meatloaf.

Not going to even weigh in today, I may try not to weigh in for a few days. Maybe until Sunday. I feel like if I weigh daily I hold myself accountable.
Old 01-14-2009, 03:41 PM   #28
Senior LCF Member

Gallery: ellief
Stats: 128/114/105
WOE: Clean Atkins, no dairy or frankenfoods
sorry you are in such a rut. it happens to me sometimes too. . just stop and really look at yourself in the mirror and say to yourself that you are proud to stay on plan for x number of days. it may feel silly at first, but positive self talk can do amazing things. . . .just like with working out; if you constgantly say all day "oh man, i sooooo dont wanna work out tonight" its going to make you miserable the whole day. if you just say "ok, ill just do it and get it done" it wont be hanging over your head the whole day. . .
if you're ina rut because of somethign else, well take a nice long hot shower and try to relax. .. .we all have days like that. . two more work days till the weekend though!!!! mind sending me over some diet coke? haha jk.
hope you have a better night than your day!!
ellief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:58 PM   #29
Major LCF Poster!

I am in a rut not due to LC'ing. Stupid choices my BFs oldest son made that effect both our families and now I really need to take some time and think about a future and if this is the road I need to be one. Long story. Sure about the diet coke, address. have you tried cherry coke zero, fuze slenderize, full throttle unleaded or pwerade zero. All are amazing, but I prefer the cherry coke zero or powerade zero, but my all time favorite is Smart Water by Glaceau!!! Soon we will have a Vitaminwayer 10. Ten calories but not sure on the carbs, a girl can dream cant she? Can not wait to try it. Coke has alot of great products, I even thought so before I started working for them. I never really realized all they had. Just a small plug for my work!!!
Old 01-14-2009, 04:11 PM   #30

hey sweetie.. I hope you figure things out.. with you and bf's son .....

My hubs used to work for Coke in Indianapolis.. he worked on the trucks.... then they hd the big lay offs ..
Also , one of my friends used to be married to a fella by the name of Ernie.. I believe he still works there... not sure.. I haven't talked to him in years.. he was a supervisor there.. nice lookin fella.. dark hair baby blue eys that he passed on to his oldest daughter.. Hannah....I think I heard he had remarried..

anywho.. you have a great night hun..