Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 11:50 AM   #1351
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
I am leaving in eleven minutes but who's counting?
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 05-14-2010, 11:56 AM   #1352
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Byeeeeeeeeeeee I'm leaving Wendy's thread nowwwwwwwwwww!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 12:08 PM   #1353
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Byeeeeeeeeeeee I'm leaving Wendy's thread nowwwwwwwwwww!!!
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE we got a big rush of kids checking out so I could not get back on here.
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 04:05 PM   #1354
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE we got a big rush of kids checking out so I could not get back on here.
That's okay. It's been great chatting with you today!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:25 AM   #1355
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
I'm back volunteering again! where is everyone?
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #1356
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
I can't get into my own journal cuz the school system has blocked anything with the word butt in it from being viewed lololol
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:13 AM   #1357
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
That's kind of funny!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:16 AM   #1358
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Well, I haven't been doing much to stick to my WOE consistently, so...that's where I've been--in La La Land!

Restarting today. My ND told me that I HAVE to go back to gluten-free. I haven't been feeling well--I've been eating dairy, sugar, and not being concerned w/ eating eggs if I'm eating out. Plus, my weight isn't going down all by itself. Imagine that! So...back at it today more because I want to feel good than because I want to be thinner. Once the feel good kicks in, I'll shift to "wanting to be thinner mode" I think.
__________________
My journal

Gluten, dairy, & chicken egg free
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #1359
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
That's kind of funny!
it is BUT I want to log my foods. been on LC a week. not terribly strict but lots better than before...

it's been gradual, first I stopped drinking sodas and and broke my addiction to caffeine in general. then I started cutting the carbs second week. starting wt. was 235.6. today's weight is 229.2.
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #1360
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
It can be hard to REALLY care about getting smaller when I feel like a blob who wants to lay around. Oh...that's redundant! Blobs dont' do anything besides lay around!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #1361
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
it is BUT I want to log my foods. been on LC a week. not terribly strict but lots better than before...

it's been gradual, first I stopped drinking sodas and and broke my addiction to caffeine in general. then I started cutting the carbs second week. starting wt. was 235.6. today's weight is 229.2.
KUTGW! Great job!

If you don't want to start a new journal w/ a different title, you can post here.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 AM   #1362
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
It can be hard to REALLY care about getting smaller when I feel like a blob who wants to lay around. Oh...that's redundant! Blobs dont' do anything besides lay around!
! one of my biggest problems is I like me a lot. So I never hit a despair point over my looks or size cuz I get that there is so much more to a person than looks. I am more worried about health concerns tho. My BFF has had some serious ones lately and it has me skeered.
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #1363
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
KUTGW! Great job!

If you don't want to start a new journal w/ a different title, you can post here.

I'm going to keep hanging out here but will get my journal up and rolling again either tonght or tomorrow from home. I didn't wanna post in the big mountain butt journal til I was sure I was serious, lol..
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 AM   #1364
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
... I am more worried about health concerns tho. My BFF has had some serious ones lately and it has me skeered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
I'm going to keep hanging out here but will get my journal up and rolling again either tonght or tomorrow from home. I didn't wanna post in the big mountain butt journal til I was sure I was serious, lol..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:39 AM   #1365
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
it is BUT I want to log my foods. been on LC a week. not terribly strict but lots better than before...

it's been gradual, first I stopped drinking sodas and and broke my addiction to caffeine in general. then I started cutting the carbs second week. starting wt. was 235.6. today's weight is 229.2.
GREAT job Robin!!!


I want to cut caffeine and soda but apparently not bad enough right now!

I am really hoping if I get my hormones all nicely balanced and my cortisol levels up I will be able to do it. I am still on plan, still under 150, which is amazing to me honestly with the stress I have FELT lately! I even started walking last week though today was only the third time. I am trying to make myself do it even if it is only for 10 minutes a day.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:41 AM   #1366
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
I have been busy today that's why I haven't been here much. I have a board meeting on Thursday and have a report that needs to be done today.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:31 AM   #1367
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
GREAT job Robin!!!


I want to cut caffeine and soda but apparently not bad enough right now!


ur gonna do it when ur ready!



I am really hoping if I get my hormones all nicely balanced and my cortisol levels up I will be able to do it. I am still on plan, still under 150, which is amazing to me honestly with the stress I have FELT lately! I even started walking last week though today was only the third time. I am trying to make myself do it even if it is only for 10 minutes a day.
that's fantastic that you are doing SOMETHING Sharon! I am bout ready to see if my knee can take WATP for the one mile version.
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #1368
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
GREAT job Robin!!!


I want to cut caffeine and soda but apparently not bad enough right now!

I am really hoping if I get my hormones all nicely balanced and my cortisol levels up I will be able to do it. I am still on plan, still under 150, which is amazing to me honestly with the stress I have FELT lately! I even started walking last week though today was only the third time. I am trying to make myself do it even if it is only for 10 minutes a day.
Sounds good! IME, you will definitely not feel the need for caffeine once your cortisol levels are up. The difference is amazing! If I stop taking my cortisol completely, and I have to drive very far, I will have a VERY hard time staying awake! Yay for supplements that work!!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM   #1369
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
I have been busy today that's why I haven't been here much. I have a board meeting on Thursday and have a report that needs to be done today.

that's ok I understand! plus how much of a diva would I be if I expected you to drop everything and post all day because I suddenly showed up lol...
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:33 AM   #1370
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post

that's ok I understand! plus how much of a diva would I be if I expected you to drop everything and post all day because I suddenly showed up lol...
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #1371
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:36 AM   #1372
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S FOOD

duck eggs w/ sausage, green onions and Tabasco
square of LC dark chocolate
all of my vitamins and medicine
4 slices salami
2 c water, so far


PLANNING FOR LATER
jalapeno poppers
Starbucks
chicken--deep-fried or marinated, haven't yet decided
salad

I think that I'll start the dairy free part of my WOE tomorrow or the next day. Even though I feel icky, I really want to make some jalapeno poppers. I have Raskas brand cream cheese, and it is the best that I've ever had! The kids and I like to cut slices of it and eat it, it's so good!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:42 AM   #1373
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
that's fantastic that you are doing SOMETHING Sharon! I am bout ready to see if my knee can take WATP for the one mile version.
Good idea! I forgot about my WATP. Trouble is right NOW by the time I get home I am so tired I can't do it. I can do it at lunch because it's earlier in the day I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Sounds good! IME, you will definitely not feel the need for caffeine once your cortisol levels are up. The difference is amazing! If I stop taking my cortisol completely, and I have to drive very far, I will have a VERY hard time staying awake! Yay for supplements that work!!
Wow, that REALLY is encouraging!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S FOOD

duck eggs w/ sausage, green onions and Tabasco
square of LC dark chocolate
all of my vitamins and medicine
4 slices salami
2 c water, so far


PLANNING FOR LATER
jalapeno poppers
Starbucks
chicken--deep-fried or marinated, haven't yet decided
salad

I think that I'll start the dairy free part of my WOE tomorrow or the next day. Even though I feel icky, I really want to make some jalapeno poppers. I have Raskas brand cream cheese, and it is the best that I've ever had! The kids and I like to cut slices of it and eat it, it's so good!
Oooooooooo I might fix some poppers tonight! I have to go to the dentist after work for a cleaning.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #1374
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Hey does anyone buy organic meat and where do you get it?
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #1375
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Hey, you two--what is WATP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Wow, that REALLY is encouraging!

Glad that it is!


Oooooooooo I might fix some poppers tonight! I have to go to the dentist after work for a cleaning.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #1376
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Hey does anyone buy organic meat and where do you get it?
Craigslist is a place to get it for a great price, but some areas of the country don't have enough farmers to have much listed there. Most animals are slaughtered in the early fall, so that's the best time to get quantities from local people. Other places include health food stores, a lot of our grocery chains have SOME organic meats, but not necessarily a huge variety. Whole Foods, of course. You can order from Applegate Farms online. If you get quantities, you get discounts. Some of their items are only natural, not organic. We like their products; Peskie doesnt'.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #1377
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Oh, and farmer's markets are good places to find organic meats.

We shop at a butcher that has only organic meats, and a lot of them are free-range, and even heritage breeds. I love it!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:52 AM   #1378
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...
 
Woman Typing Badly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Panama City, FL.
Posts: 14,516
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S FOOD

duck eggs w/ sausage, green onions and Tabasco
square of LC dark chocolate
all of my vitamins and medicine
4 slices salami
2 c water, so far


PLANNING FOR LATER
jalapeno poppers
Starbucks
chicken--deep-fried or marinated, haven't yet decided
salad

I think that I'll start the dairy free part of my WOE tomorrow or the next day. Even though I feel icky, I really want to make some jalapeno poppers. I have Raskas brand cream cheese, and it is the best that I've ever had! The kids and I like to cut slices of it and eat it, it's so good!



I've been taking my vitamins too! glad u posted that becuase I forgot today.

I keep buying the stuff to make the poppers then forget to make them...then the stuff goes bad or spoils....three times now...

what makes Raskas better to you than any other?
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:56 AM   #1379
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post



I've been taking my vitamins too! glad u posted that becuase I forgot today.

I keep buying the stuff to make the poppers then forget to make them...then the stuff goes bad or spoils....three times now...

what makes Raskas better to you than any other?
TWIN!!!

Last edited by Lucy; 05-24-2010 at 10:57 AM..
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 AM   #1380
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Oh, and farmer's markets are good places to find organic meats.

We shop at a butcher that has only organic meats, and a lot of them are free-range, and even heritage breeds. I love it!
Well my estrogen is high which is a little odd and I am thinking it's from meats that have hormones in them.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:24 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.