Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Yay!

Yeah!

This is NOT OK!
I take both of those meds but small amounts. I don't think the medicine is optimized for me AT ALL.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2010, 04:26 PM   #1262
Way too much time on my hands!

Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Wendy how can I thank you?

I felt so awful last night I cried half the night. DH and I had a big fight and I left for a few hours, went to talk to a good friend of mine who I have helped at times too, talked it out and came home. DH was still up and he stayed off today. I have got to get something done. All of these moods, fatigue, loss of motivation, cold and hot have GOT to be rooted in something and I don't think ti's just menopause anymore. Nonstickpam wrote me back on the thyroid board about a doctor who prescribes Armour and probably cytomel but now I a THINKING from what you said that I could probably talk to my own doctor and that he would work with me on this. He is VERY open to suggestions I have and not defensive at all, very willing to spend time with me etc. Also I do have an appointment with a new GYN doctor at the first of April. Do you know by any chance if a GYN would deal with any of this at all? I sort of doubt it. Oh and last time I checked our insurance had NO naturopaths or homepaths on our list. That was a few years ago though so I will check again. I don't THINK the doctor Pam suggested was on the list either but I will check again on that one too. Now to find out how to do that!
I have read that some GYN's are very good about doing thyroid and stuff. I think it all depends on each individual. Sorry about all this stuff and your dh. I had words again with mine this morning. I'm sick of him coming home each night and waking me up complaining about everything. It's the middle of the night for me and I have to get up for the kids and work. He does it every night and then I get nightmares. No wonder I get them. He said he'd try to stop doing that.
Old 03-27-2010, 06:17 PM   #1263
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 170/155/145 5'9"
WOE: Portion control
Start Date: 2004, restart 8-2-13
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Lucy, I don't do anything either, really--the bare minimum. I used to be a dynamo--a true energizer bunny constantly cleaning and cooking new recipes. Now I'm a slug.

The adrenal test is 4 tubes that you collect saliva in. You can't have any caffeine the day you do it and you fill each tube at specific times like 8 a.m. then 12:00 then 4:00 then 8 pm Then you freeze them and mail them in overnight delivery. To get the needed amount of saliva they suggest chewing sf "extra" gum--it won't spoil the test results and works like a charm. This is my 2nd adrenal test, I had one about a year ago or maybe a little longer.
Oh okay! Thanks!!! So then do you take the test results to your doctor or what?

Quote:
I take both of those meds but small amounts. I don't think the medicine is optimized for me AT ALL.
Do you think your doctor is why or what?

Quote:
I have read that some GYN's are very good about doing thyroid and stuff. I think it all depends on each individual. Sorry about all this stuff and your dh. I had words again with mine this morning. I'm sick of him coming home each night and waking me up complaining about everything. It's the middle of the night for me and I have to get up for the kids and work. He does it every night and then I get nightmares. No wonder I get them. He said he'd try to stop doing that.
I totally understand. I think maybe they think we can just go right back to sleep like they can? I don't know. The post office is just awful anymore. I can't believe it USED to be a great place to work. I am glad he said he isn't going to do that anymore, hope he sticks to it. YOU NEED your sleep especially with everything going on
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 09:19 AM   #1264

I think the dr I see now is being too conservative. I have so many issues though that I don't know if that's the correct approach or not right now. I just need to concentrate on losing more weight and starting to exercise. That will help in many ways.

The adrenal test gets mailed in over night to the lab. Then the results go to the dr. I forgot I was going to do it today and had coffee. Oh well, I'll plan it for a day this week for sure.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #1265
Amish Wit

Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
My scale was being wonky, so I don't have a weight to post today. I don't like the one that came up the most often, so I'm ignoring the whole thing.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 10:32 AM   #1266
The doctor is IN

Quote:
I think the dr I see now is being too conservative. I have so many issues though that I don't know if that's the correct approach or not right now. I just need to concentrate on losing more weight and starting to exercise. That will help in many ways.

The adrenal test gets mailed in over night to the lab. Then the results go to the dr. I forgot I was going to do it today and had coffee. Oh well, I'll plan it for a day this week for sure.
So your doctor knows that you are going to do that then right? I am still confused. But you are right, eating better, losing weight and exercise is ALWAYS something that we can do to benefit our health and well-being!
Old 03-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #1267
The doctor is IN

Quote:
My scale was being wonky, so I don't have a weight to post today. I don't like the one that came up the most often, so I'm ignoring the whole thing.
Old 03-28-2010, 08:38 PM   #1268
Amish Wit

Was sitting here thinking and now I'm wondering if I have lost much weight since taking dairy from my diet. Off to check.

My weight the morning that I started dairy free eating was 185.5. Now it's 178.5 or so. That means that I've lost 7 lbs in 2 months. Not a TON of weight...obviously, because I didn't weigh a TON to begin with ... but nothing to not be happy about! Hmm...it feels like I've been the same weight for ages! Plus, I am wearing smaller clothes.

OK...no need to panic! Eating milk fat was NOT the thing that was making me lose weight! Phew!

Gluten, dairy, & chicken egg free
Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #1269
Amish Wit

Oo! So that means, that if I were to continue losing 7 lbs every 2 months, then I'd be down 7 lbs by June. That's about half of what I was earlier hoping that I would lose. I wonder what would happen if I actually stuck to my WOE every single day?

Hmm...if I were to stick w/ the current rate of lose, resulting in losing 7 lbs, and start walking, I'd probably be down another clothing size by June. Walking really helps to tighten things.

Wondering if it's worth it.

JK!
Old 03-28-2010, 09:39 PM   #1270
Amish Wit

Hair

I need to get my thyroid worked out. I am losing too much hair, and it's growing too slowly (don't know if that has to do w/ thyroid...and it might just be my perception ). I've been thinking about what DH likes and how he wishes my hair were, and I finally found something that I might be able to make work if I continue to get weaves and if I get more hairs!

NOW I understand what the author of It's All too Much meant when he said to only keep clothing in which you look marvelous. (Or wonderful or whatever word he used.) I was watching a movie (tacky, tacky movie, and I don't want to admit to watching it, but I think that the point is a good one that I want to share w/ my friends) and a line jumped out at me.

There's a woman who dresses just fine. Nice, clean clothing that fits. BUT she doesn't have a guy. She desperately wants a guy. Another guy comes into her life, whom is VERY tacky, and tells her that he can get her the guy of her dreams. She decides to go along w/ his recommendations. He takes her to a store to get clothes. She asks what's wrong w/ what she wears.

Him: You're all about comfort and efficiency.
Her: What's wrong w/ comfort and efficiency?
Him: Well, nothing, except that nobody wants to *bleep* it.
Her:

So...yeah...tacky, but a HUGE point that I haven't grasped. NOW I get it! NOW I get what people have tried to tell me my whole life about how to dress even while just around the house. WHY am I not dressing on a daily basis in a way that makes my husband's eyes pop out? NOW I get what I should do w/ my hair. I always want to dress nicely even while just sitting around, and I've improved a LOT, but I've been saving some of the entire transition until I'm thin. DH and I can and should be attractive for each other even if we have flab! He loves me, and wants to see me looking as good as I can regardless of my size. (I actually watched another movie in which the women were well-dressed all the time, and the 2 movies got me to thinking about why I'm only doing it every few days.)

Hence, the new drive for better hair. No, not better hair. GREAT hair! I know that DH loves when I have curls and that he loves when I have long hair. If I can put them together, I know that he'll freak out!

Last edited by wcwendy; 03-28-2010 at 09:42 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:22 PM   #1271
Amish Wit

This would be an ETA, but it's too late for that, so it's a new post.

I am sure that a lot of people don't care about looks in this way, and that's fine w/ me. Be yourself! Don't try to be me! (I'm not a good one to follow!) I just know that my husband DOES care, so I should quit lollygagging around w/ getting to it, IMO! KWIM? Even if everybody else wears sweats and scraggly hair and loves it, I know that's not what my DH loves, so I should try to look a way that I know that he wants to look at, right?

And that's what I was trying to say in the previous post. Phew. Got it out!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:38 PM   #1272
Amish Wit

I just ate a piece of bacon and an entire Italian sausage! I already had water retention! I wonder what I'll look like in the morning.

Last edited by wcwendy; 03-28-2010 at 11:47 PM..
Old 03-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #1273
Amish Wit

Going to sleep now!

Last edited by wcwendy; 03-28-2010 at 11:48 PM..
Old 03-29-2010, 04:45 AM   #1274
The doctor is IN

Wendy, just wanted to say I LOVE your thoughts on this. I grew out my hair originally a LOT because DH loves long hair. He is SO happy that I did. He tells everyone about how I decided in my 40s that I don't have to cut my hair like everyone else does and they don't have to either! One plus is that when I wear it curly I do literally NOTHING to it in the morning. I get up and usually don't even have to touch it. Weird huh? I have almost decided against getting layers again just for that reason. I think I would have to do more to my hair if I do. Anyway you go! And if you want a great long hair site The Long Hair Community There is LOTS of great info there and it helped me SO much on my journey of growing. They talk a lot about natural hair products. Even though I highlight my hair and will NOT stop I use a LOT of the information on there. It's also very encouraging when you think about getting your hair cut.

“Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.” A.W. Tozer
I need a seatbelt for my wagon

Old 03-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #1275
The doctor is IN

Wow! I just discovered something. I have been on Paxil for MANY years and for the last three I have taken 40 mg. every day. I just read that 20 mg. can decrease the thyroid hormone thyroxine by over 11%. There is also a lot of other info on SSRIs (paxil and prozac) and the effect on thyroid hormones.

OH OH! And also I found a doctor (internal medicine) who is recommended on the armour thyroid site!!!!! She is also on my health plan oh happy day!!! Still have to figure out how to pay for the tests because for diagnostic blood tests, my insurance won't pay until we have exhausted the part we have to pay on our own. BUT it's a step closer right?

Last edited by Lucy; 03-29-2010 at 07:54 AM..
Old 03-29-2010, 08:15 AM   #1276

Wendy--congrats on being called Skinny. Love it. Also love your idea about dressing to please your husband--that's what you're supposed to do. Be the best you can be at any weight.

Lucy--good job on finding that dr. Hope she can help.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #1277
Amish Wit

Quote:
Wendy, just wanted to say I LOVE your thoughts on this.
Thanks for all of your info!
Quote:
I just read that 20 mg. can decrease the thyroid hormone thyroxine by over 11%. There is also a lot of other info on SSRIs (paxil and prozac) and the effect on thyroid hormones.

OH OH! And also I found a doctor (internal medicine) who is recommended on the armour thyroid site!!!!! She is also on my health plan oh happy day!!! Still have to figure out how to pay for the tests because for diagnostic blood tests, my insurance won't pay until we have exhausted the part we have to pay on our own. BUT it's a step closer right?
about the thyroid!

kicking: about the doctor and being on your insurance! I hadn't thought about the deductible.
Quote:
Wendy--congrats on being called Skinny. Love it. Also love your idea about dressing to please your husband--that's what you're supposed to do. Be the best you can be at any weight.

Lucy--good job on finding that dr. Hope she can help.
Thanks, Chewie!
Old 03-29-2010, 01:03 PM   #1278
Amish Wit

TODAY'S WEIGHT

Not bad considering the food and sodium that I ate at bedtime.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:04 PM   #1279
Amish Wit

How are you two doing?
Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 PM   #1280
Amish Wit

TODAY'S FOOD

* bacon

* lc chocolate w/ strawberries
* strawberry spinach salad w/ toasted pecans, poppy seeds, feta cheese and huckleberry vinaigrette from Yellowstone

(Testing to see if I can handle small amounts of milk products.)

calories 540
fat 44
carbs 30
protein 18

I'm still hungry. I think that I'll have some a sausage to up my calories, fat and protein.

I really wanted some strawberries, and the health food store had them for $5/lb. I decided to not get them, but then later when I walked past the other end of the display, I was contemplating again when I saw 2 containers marked down 1/2 price! I got 2 lbs for $5! Yay! Thank you, God, for little things like that!.

I also got 6 bunches of kale, one bunch of collards, a big leek, and 4 heads of cauliflower all marked down to 69 cents/lb. (organic!)

Oh, and I got 1/2 gallon of milk and 2 boxes of cereal for 1/2 price, too! Maybe Monday morning is a good time to shop for markdowns at that store.

Last edited by wcwendy; 03-29-2010 at 01:24 PM..
Old 03-29-2010, 02:27 PM   #1281

Quote:
TODAY'S FOOD

* bacon

* lc chocolate w/ strawberries
* strawberry spinach salad w/ toasted pecans, poppy seeds, feta cheese and huckleberry vinaigrette from Yellowstone

(Testing to see if I can handle small amounts of milk products.)

calories 540
fat 44
carbs 30
protein 18

I'm still hungry. I think that I'll have some a sausage to up my calories, fat and protein.

I really wanted some strawberries, and the health food store had them for $5/lb. I decided to not get them, but then later when I walked past the other end of the display, I was contemplating again when I saw 2 containers marked down 1/2 price! I got 2 lbs for $5! Yay! Thank you, God, for little things like that!.

I also got 6 bunches of kale, one bunch of collards, a big leek, and 4 heads of cauliflower all marked down to 69 cents/lb. (organic!)

Oh, and I got 1/2 gallon of milk and 2 boxes of cereal for 1/2 price, too! Maybe Monday morning is a good time to shop for markdowns at that store.
Reminder to Wendy: shop on Monday mornings.
Old 03-29-2010, 02:32 PM   #1282
Amish Wit

Quote:
Thanks for the reminder, Chewie!
Old 03-30-2010, 04:36 PM   #1283
Typos, Typos, As Far As The Eye Can See...

Quote:
Don't be sad; I have no plans to not be here regularly.

I tend to spend more time here when I am super-low in energy, so... I must be feeling better some, huh?

I, too, corned beef! Yum!

I DID weigh this morning at 5:30, so 2-3 hours earlier than normal, which means a 1-2 lb higher weight, probably. And this was after a corned beef meal last night.

TODAY'S WEIGHT

Not too shabby considering the time of day and salty meal.

I'm wearing my new jeans--skinny jeans, size 14. Actual 14, not 14W, I think. AND the other 14s were all too big!
that is fantastic Wendy!

Quote:
This would be an ETA, but it's too late for that, so it's a new post.

I am sure that a lot of people don't care about looks in this way, and that's fine w/ me. Be yourself! Don't try to be me! (I'm not a good one to follow!) I just know that my husband DOES care, so I should quit lollygagging around w/ getting to it, IMO! KWIM? Even if everybody else wears sweats and scraggly hair and loves it, I know that's not what my DH loves, so I should try to look a way that I know that he wants to look at, right?

And that's what I was trying to say in the previous post. Phew. Got it out!

My husband is the same way and I keep putting off looking nice daily so I don't have to buy any clothes because I keep thinking I am gonna lose weight. thanks for posting this because it reminded me that I need to do it anyways at all sizes. I feel better when I dress better too. and the hubby loves red hair and my hair is siren red. He is pretty happy bout the hair lol...
Quote:
Woman Typing Badly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 05:13 PM   #1284
Amish Wit

WTB!!!! How are you doing???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
that is fantastic Wendy!

Thank you!

My husband is the same way and I keep putting off looking nice daily so I don't have to buy any clothes because I keep thinking I am gonna lose weight. thanks for posting this because it reminded me that I need to do it anyways at all sizes. I feel better when I dress better too.

I'm glad that it was helpful!

and the hubby loves red hair and my hair is siren red. He is pretty happy bout the hair lol...
Old 04-06-2010, 10:38 AM   #1285
The doctor is IN

Old 04-06-2010, 10:52 AM   #1286
Amish Wit

Old 04-06-2010, 10:56 AM   #1287
The doctor is IN

I have to put off my thyroid stuff until things get more calm with my Mom and Dad. I am seeing a lot of signs of it though so am pretty sure it's a lot of my problem. I'll go but just can't right now.

How are ya'll doing? I gained about 2 pounds or so over last week. I went off plan one entire day and ate whatever I wanted so it is a temp gain I'm sure. Trying to get the cravings back under control and they are getting better.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #1288
Amish Wit

I understand about the thyroid. Sorry about the 2 lbs. Do you think that it's water weight? I'm sure that it is.

I've been eating crud. Going back on plan tomorrow morning--after our Passover dinner. I don't know how to make lowcarb, leaven-free bread, and grape juice or wine. And apples? How can you make them lowcarb? Not happening tonight!
Old 04-06-2010, 11:01 AM   #1289
Amish Wit

Oh, I talked w/ my hairdresser friend and she suggested going for the hair extensions. It's scary to me to spend $200, but I really might do it.
Old 04-06-2010, 11:02 AM   #1290
Junior LCF Member

Gallery: Felanie
Stats: 248/215/180
WOE: Atkins-modified
Start Date: 04/01/10
One day at a time...persistence is key!!!
Felanie is offline   Reply With Quote