Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2010, 05:33 PM   #841
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
guess⋅ti⋅mate  [v. ges-tuh-meyt; n. ges-tuh-mit, -meyt] Show IPA verb, -mat⋅ed, -mat⋅ing, noun Informal.
Search guesstimate on the Web
–verb (used with object)
1. to estimate without substantial basis in facts or statistics.

So since you actually HAD a substantial basis (******) you really weren't guesstimating at ALL were you Miss M.....??? Hmmmmmm???

Oops, sorry lapsed into defense attorney mode there for a sec.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-2010, 09:29 PM   #842
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
guess⋅ti⋅mate  [v. ges-tuh-meyt; n. ges-tuh-mit, -meyt] Show IPA verb, -mat⋅ed, -mat⋅ing, noun Informal.
Search guesstimate on the Web
–verb (used with object)
1. to estimate without substantial basis in facts or statistics.

So since you actually HAD a substantial basis (******) you really weren't guesstimating at ALL were you Miss M.....??? Hmmmmmm???

Oops, sorry lapsed into defense attorney mode there for a sec.
Well, I THOUGHT that I was guesstimating the amounts of the foods that I ate, but I DID have substantial basis in facts, so I guess that I was really estimating. Oops, I boo booed.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 10:11 PM   #843
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S TOTALS

carbs 22
fat 185
protein 77

calories 2043

****

TODAY'S FOOD

coconut oil "candy"
homemade salami

baked red bell pepper
turnip greens
spicy dill pickle
dill pickled green beans
roast beef w/ roasted artichoke olive oil

2 more TBSP coconut oil

green tea
white tea w/ SF coconut flavoring and So Delicious coconut milk

I took all of my supplements, but only 8 cups of water.


***
Has anybody tried the coconut milk? This is the first time that I've bought it. I bought the unsweetened.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:47 AM   #844
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S TOTALS

carbs 22
fat 185
protein 77

calories 2043

****

TODAY'S FOOD

coconut oil "candy"
homemade salami

baked red bell pepper
turnip greens
spicy dill pickle
dill pickled green beans
roast beef w/ roasted artichoke olive oil

2 more TBSP coconut oil

green tea
white tea w/ SF coconut flavoring and So Delicious coconut milk

I took all of my supplements, but only 8 cups of water.


***
Has anybody tried the coconut milk? This is the first time that I've bought it. I bought the unsweetened.
Your menu's are so exotic. Coconut milk? Nope, don't even really know what it is or what to do with it. Did your mom cook exotic stuff like you do?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 06:48 AM   #845
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
BTW, I'm doing the happy dance here cause the scale finally showed a whoosh----as of todayI am down 10.5 lbs and my 3 week date is on Monday. And besides that I'm super proud that I haven't caved since I've been feeling so yucky lately. I even prepared for the storm the best way I could w/low carb stuff.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:40 AM   #846
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Your menu's are so exotic. Coconut milk? Nope, don't even really know what it is or what to do with it. Did your mom cook exotic stuff like you do?
The typical coconut milk is canned, and it's creamed coconut that may or may not have the milk from the center of the coconut in it (I dont' remember). It's sometimes called coconut cream. (But IIRC, cream of coconut is a different product that has sugar added and is used in beverages.)

This coconut milk is a new thing that's sold in the dairy section. It's a milk replacement. It's better than rice milk, IMO (which, of course, I don't drink since it's not lowcarb...just giving a comparison to something that you might have tried ).

My mom cooked pretty typical southern food. We did eat out fairly frequently at Chinese restaurants. We didn't lack flavor in our home, but my mom didn't cook much that wasn't either southern or found in a Betty Crocker type cookbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
BTW, I'm doing the happy dance here cause the scale finally showed a whoosh----as of todayI am down 10.5 lbs and my 3 week date is on Monday. And besides that I'm super proud that I haven't caved since I've been feeling so yucky lately. I even prepared for the storm the best way I could w/low carb stuff.
I am SO excited for you!!!
__________________
My journal

Gluten, dairy, & chicken egg free

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-30-2010 at 07:42 AM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:42 AM   #847
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
The typical coconut milk is canned, and it's creamed coconut that may or may not have the milk from the center of the coconut in it (I dont' remember). It's sometimes called coconut cream. (But IIRC, cream of coconut is a different product that has sugar added and is used in beverages.)

This coconut milk is a new thing that's sold in the dairy section. It's a milk replacement. It's better than rice milk, IMO (which, of course, I don't drink since it's not lowcarb...just giving a comparison to something that you might have tried ).

My mom cooked pretty typical southern food. We did eat out fairly frequently at Chinese restaurants. We didn't lack flavor in our home, but my mom didn't cook much that wasn't either southern or found in a Betty Crocker type cookbook.



I am SO excited for you!!!
Thanks, I'm excited too. I was stuck for a while and just get plugging along.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:19 AM   #848
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks, I'm excited too. I was stuck for a while and just get plugging along.
You've done great!! KUTGW, Chewie!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:20 AM   #849
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S WEIGHT
182!!

Down 1.5 lbs yesterday morning, and another 1.5 pounds this morning. Lots of fat w/ few carbs really does seem to be the key for me. Going to keep testing this to see. I know that some of that was water retention (I was puffy! ) but the lowest that I've been lately is 183, so I'm really, really happy!! Yay! New weight lost!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:21 AM   #850
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Off to garage sales. BBL!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 08:28 AM   #851
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S WEIGHT
182!!

Down 1.5 lbs yesterday morning, and another 1.5 pounds this morning. Lots of fat w/ few carbs really does seem to be the key for me. Going to keep testing this to see. I know that some of that was water retention (I was puffy! ) but the lowest that I've been lately is 183, so I'm really, really happy!! Yay! New weight lost!
woohoo. I'm so happy that you've found what works, or what you think works.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 07:32 PM   #852
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Menu for today:

10 halves of jalapeno poppers

1.75 oz. of peanuts

can of vienna sausages

Um I thought I ate more than that!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 10:47 PM   #853
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
woohoo. I'm so happy that you've found what works, or what you think works.
Thanks, Chewie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Menu for today:

10 halves of jalapeno poppers

1.75 oz. of peanuts

can of vienna sausages

Um I thought I ate more than that!
Um...yeah...you didn't eat much today! Isn't it odd how that sometimes happens? Sometimes I'll eat around 900 calories, and it confuses me. How can that happen?
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:00 PM   #854
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
I don't even know what I ate. Let me see here...

1 TBSP coconut oil
2 oz salami (It's all gone now. )
water
5 oz pepperoni slices

coconut oil "candy" w/ hardly any stevia and xylitol
white tea w/ coconut milk and SF coconut syrup
strawberry slender tea w/ lemon and stevia

more coconut oil candy
homemade chili w/ almost no beans + chicken hot dogs, topped w/ pickled jalapeno slices and salsa
water
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 11:05 PM   #855
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Oh, and a piece of chicken from a pizza. I think that was a very bad idea.

As I was chewing it, I thought, "Wait a minute. Oh no! There were white spots on that chicken. Those white spots are cheese! And it was ON a pizza from Papa Murphey's. There's probably flour on that chicken either from flour floating through the air, from the way that the pizzas are made, and/or from the cheese. Maybe it's on the cheese to keep it from sticking together. (Although, that would more likely be a corn product.)"

So, here's why it was a very bad idea. My stomach is burning, again. Remember last Friday when it started burning? It was about an hour and a half after accidentally drinking cream in a mocha. Then I ate more milk products (wasn't a day of brilliance regarding thinking about ingredients), and my stomach burned then it moved to my intestines for...how long was it? 2? 3 days? It feels the same way. AND my stomach is suddenly swollen. Pretty odd.

Can going w/o milk for only a few days really cause this reaction in me? (I had gone 2 days w/o milk the last time that I accidentally had some.) It seems unlikely, because I'd be surprised if I didn't usually go w/o milk for a few days in a row once in awhile. Hmm...then again, maybe I don't!


(I'm using the word "milk" to mean milk-containing product.)

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-30-2010 at 11:07 PM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:56 AM   #856
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Oh, and a piece of chicken from a pizza. I think that was a very bad idea.

As I was chewing it, I thought, "Wait a minute. Oh no! There were white spots on that chicken. Those white spots are cheese! And it was ON a pizza from Papa Murphey's. There's probably flour on that chicken either from flour floating through the air, from the way that the pizzas are made, and/or from the cheese. Maybe it's on the cheese to keep it from sticking together. (Although, that would more likely be a corn product.)"

So, here's why it was a very bad idea. My stomach is burning, again. Remember last Friday when it started burning? It was about an hour and a half after accidentally drinking cream in a mocha. Then I ate more milk products (wasn't a day of brilliance regarding thinking about ingredients), and my stomach burned then it moved to my intestines for...how long was it? 2? 3 days? It feels the same way. AND my stomach is suddenly swollen. Pretty odd.

Can going w/o milk for only a few days really cause this reaction in me? (I had gone 2 days w/o milk the last time that I accidentally had some.) It seems unlikely, because I'd be surprised if I didn't usually go w/o milk for a few days in a row once in awhile. Hmm...then again, maybe I don't!


(I'm using the word "milk" to mean milk-containing product.)
I don't know but keep careful watch. No one wants a burning stomach.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #857
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I can't breath and feel totally exhausted. My sore throat is better but my sinuses are all stuffed up. I don't even know what to take for my symptoms. Maybe I just need a nap. I hope the brat boys will let me take one. Plus we have 1 extra one over but they're all out playing in the snow right now.

Making a 6 lb RB today. Yum.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:02 AM   #858
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
I didn't weigh today. I'm not going to weigh every day--just 1 or twice a week. It works better for me that way.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:07 AM   #859
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I don't know but keep careful watch. No one wants a burning stomach.
Thanks, Chewie. I'm waiting to see how it feels this morning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I can't breath and feel totally exhausted. My sore throat is better but my sinuses are all stuffed up. I don't even know what to take for my symptoms. Maybe I just need a nap. I hope the brat boys will let me take one. Plus we have 1 extra one over but they're all out playing in the snow right now.

Making a 6 lb RB today. Yum.
Mucinex? I'm sorry that you're sick. Have you had your vitamin D level checked? It's a huge problem in this part of the country, but it can be a problem in other areas, too. Low vitamin D levels affect a person's immune system, and you do seem to get sick often, right? Maybe not as often as I do, but more than I want you to!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I didn't weigh today. I'm not going to weigh every day--just 1 or twice a week. It works better for me that way.
WIT! Glad that you know what works for you!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:08 AM   #860
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S WEIGHT

182
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:12 AM   #861
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S WEIGHT

182
Probably the chicken/cheese messed you up.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 AM   #862
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Thanks, Chewie. I'm waiting to see how it feels this morning.

Mucinex? I'm sorry that you're sick. Have you had your vitamin D level checked? It's a huge problem in this part of the country, but it can be a problem in other areas, too. Low vitamin D levels affect a person's immune system, and you do seem to get sick often, right? Maybe not as often as I do, but more than I want you to!

WIT! Glad that you know what works for you!
I take 5000 I.U. of Vit D3 a day. My level was really low.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:19 AM   #863
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I take 5000 I.U. of Vit D3 a day. My level was really low.
That's what I'm taking, again. My level had gone up, but it's low, again, so we had to up my dosage. How long have you been taking it?
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:21 AM   #864
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
That's what I'm taking, again. My level had gone up, but it's low, again, so we had to up my dosage. How long have you been taking it?
Since the fall, I think. I was taking less but we had to up it.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:23 AM   #865
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Hmm...tell that I said to start working!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:56 AM   #866
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Good mornig
A snow day here--roads are bad.
I'm still on plan adn writing in my journal. Woohoo
I'm staying home today too. I need to rest so this cold will head out the door.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #867
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Good for you, Chewie! for being sick; resting should be good for you.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #868
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S WEIGHT

181.5

Another 1/2 pound!!! :dance:
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #869
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S FOOD

carbs 38
fat 184
protein 73

calories 2,045


I'm a little porker!! I had:

sausage patty
Vienna sausage

salad w/ pepperoni, sunflower seeds and a ton of Italian dressing
pork rinds w/ bacon grease

coconut oil (I bought some more! )
small spicy dill pickle

1/2 chicken breast drenched in grilled artichoke olive oil
salad w/ lots of pecans, sunflower seeds and a ton of Italian dressing
broccoli w/ lots of pecans, onions and garlic cooked in a bunch of olive oil

tea and all of my supplements

Last edited by wcwendy; 02-01-2010 at 07:34 PM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #870
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Hmm...that doesn't sounds like much now that I really think about it.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:49 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.