Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2010, 01:31 PM   #811
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Something is not working w/ my WOE. That's all for now.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2010, 06:31 AM   #812
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi
Still 100% on plan but I know I didn't eat enough yesterday or get my water in. I was just too sick. Hopefully I'll do better today but I'm finding it hard to down the water now. Ugh. Also, I decided not to be a slave to the scale so I haven't weighed in since Monday.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 06:44 AM   #813
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
it IS better!I have noticed a slight loosening in some of my more binding clothes like jeans etc.....its a start....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
kick the scale. it counts as exercise.

LOVE IT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Something is not working w/ my WOE. That's all for now.
Uh oh! Can we help? Just let us know k?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi
Still 100% on plan but I know I didn't eat enough yesterday or get my water in. I was just too sick. Hopefully I'll do better today but I'm finding it hard to down the water now. Ugh. Also, I decided not to be a slave to the scale so I haven't weighed in since Monday.
Great whatever works Chewie! I am so sorry you are sick though. Praying for you

Still on plan here though I was up about 1.5 pounds today. I CAN handle the fluctuations now because I am learning they are NORMAL!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 07:56 AM   #814
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Chewie, great job sticking w/ your plan! I'm sorry that you're so sick. Is it a germ or diet-related?
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 08:05 AM   #815
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Uh oh! Can we help? Just let us know k?

...Still on plan here though I was up about 1.5 pounds today. I CAN handle the fluctuations now because I am learning they are NORMAL!
I've always heard that they are normal, but my weight has never fluctuated much. Apparently, I'm odd. When I was in high school, I weighed myself everyday (after having lost over 20 pounds. I didn't want to gain it back! Plus, I had gotten into the habit while losing weight.) and it was 117 almost everyday for years. It was 116 or 118 a few times, 116 more often than 118, and even 115 for a few/several days. But my weight went down if it did anything. Yep, I sound weird. But really...it was 117 almost everyday. Consistently.


Let's see...can you help? I don't know! I'm frustrated because I felt like eating lots of dairy fat was helping my weight to go down quickly, then I started eating more carbs than I know that I should, and I went back up 3 lbs, and have been going up and down since then. I've cut the dairy in an effort to be healthier and have been frustrated about that, thinking that it might have been something in milk fat that was helping me, but just now while typing, I've come to think that the real problem is carb creep. I have been eating more carbs than I've been able to lose on in the past, so why am I doing it, again? So, YES!! You can help!! Just by asking, I think that I've realized what is going on. Or at the very least, I have a place to start. Thanks!!
__________________
My journal

Gluten, dairy, & chicken egg free
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:12 AM   #816
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
I've always heard that they are normal, but my weight has never fluctuated much. Apparently, I'm odd. When I was in high school, I weighed myself everyday (after having lost over 20 pounds. I didn't want to gain it back! Plus, I had gotten into the habit while losing weight.) and it was 117 almost everyday for years. It was 116 or 118 a few times, 116 more often than 118, and even 115 for a few/several days. But my weight went down if it did anything. Yep, I sound weird. But really...it was 117 almost everyday. Consistently.


Let's see...can you help? I don't know! I'm frustrated because I felt like eating lots of dairy fat was helping my weight to go down quickly, then I started eating more carbs than I know that I should, and I went back up 3 lbs, and have been going up and down since then. I've cut the dairy in an effort to be healthier and have been frustrated about that, thinking that it might have been something in milk fat that was helping me, but just now while typing, I've come to think that the real problem is carb creep. I have been eating more carbs than I've been able to lose on in the past, so why am I doing it, again? So, YES!! You can help!! Just by asking, I think that I've realized what is going on. Or at the very least, I have a place to start. Thanks!!
I too think that the dairy fat was helping you lose so quickly. Especially considering that was almost ALL you were eating. You'll figure it out--just an adjustment phase.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:14 AM   #817
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woman Typing Badly View Post
it IS better!I have noticed a slight loosening in some of my more binding clothes like jeans etc.....its a start....
Good job
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:15 AM   #818
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Chewie, great job sticking w/ your plan! I'm sorry that you're so sick. Is it a germ or diet-related?
I think it's a virus but now it seems to be in my sinuses. Ugh. At least my stomach is feeling better and head too(Knock on wood) I slept most of the day yesterday. Luckily dh took pity on me and cooked dinner for the boys--beef stroganoff so I only had to cook the noodles. I didn't eat.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:23 AM   #819
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
for Chewie. I'm glad that you're feeling some better!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:27 AM   #820
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
for Chewie. I'm glad that you're feeling some better!
Thanks. Now you get better too. How's the intestinal problems?
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #821
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Thanks. Now you get better too. How's the intestinal problems?
Feeling OK so far today. Thanks for asking!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM   #822
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I too think that the dairy fat was helping you lose so quickly. Especially considering that was almost ALL you were eating. You'll figure it out--just an adjustment phase.
I want to hear the truth, but at the same time I really don't want to believe that it was milkfat, because I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't eat it. I haven't had any dairy since last Friday. I don't look any better, though, so what's the point?!? JK!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:22 PM   #823
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
I've always heard that they are normal, but my weight has never fluctuated much. Apparently, I'm odd. When I was in high school, I weighed myself everyday (after having lost over 20 pounds. I didn't want to gain it back! Plus, I had gotten into the habit while losing weight.) and it was 117 almost everyday for years. It was 116 or 118 a few times, 116 more often than 118, and even 115 for a few/several days. But my weight went down if it did anything. Yep, I sound weird. But really...it was 117 almost everyday. Consistently.


Let's see...can you help? I don't know! I'm frustrated because I felt like eating lots of dairy fat was helping my weight to go down quickly, then I started eating more carbs than I know that I should, and I went back up 3 lbs, and have been going up and down since then. I've cut the dairy in an effort to be healthier and have been frustrated about that, thinking that it might have been something in milk fat that was helping me, but just now while typing, I've come to think that the real problem is carb creep. I have been eating more carbs than I've been able to lose on in the past, so why am I doing it, again? So, YES!! You can help!! Just by asking, I think that I've realized what is going on. Or at the very least, I have a place to start. Thanks!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I too think that the dairy fat was helping you lose so quickly. Especially considering that was almost ALL you were eating. You'll figure it out--just an adjustment phase.
I agree. It takes a while to get used to eating differently, maybe a few weeks at LEAST! It's a learning by trial and error thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I think it's a virus but now it seems to be in my sinuses. Ugh. At least my stomach is feeling better and head too(Knock on wood) I slept most of the day yesterday. Luckily dh took pity on me and cooked dinner for the boys--beef stroganoff so I only had to cook the noodles. I didn't eat.
REST as much as possible! (with your computer in your lap )

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
I want to hear the truth, but at the same time I really don't want to believe that it was milkfat, because I'm pretty sure that I shouldn't eat it. I haven't had any dairy since last Friday. I don't look any better, though, so what's the point?!? JK!
I don't think it's the milkfat, probably adding extra carbs was it. BUT it's only been so short of a time to see any BENEFIT silly!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:24 PM   #824
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
:BUT it's only been so short of a time to see any BENEFIT silly!
I am all about NOW, you know?!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #825
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S FOOD

a lot of "candy" that I made (melted coconut oil, cocoa, erythritol and stevia, chopped pecans, flaked coconut--refrigerated)

slices of homemade salami (made w/ a pkt of seasoning from Cabela's) Yum! It reminds me of deer summer sausage, which I .

lc haupia

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-28-2010 at 02:42 PM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:39 PM   #826
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
I am all about NOW, you know?!
Of course you are! Aren't we all? I am trying to get over that though.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 02:42 PM   #827
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Of course you are! Aren't we all? I am trying to get over that though.
That's a good idea for us all.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 03:44 PM   #828
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Starting to feel yucky. I had to take some tylenol cause my throat feels swollen. I might even make some chicken soup from the 2 chickens I have roasting. I hope I feel better tomorrow.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:07 PM   #829
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Chewie, chicken soup sounds like a good idea to me.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 04:39 PM   #830
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
How can you do so much when you are sick?
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:56 AM   #831
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
YESTERDAY'S FOOD

a lot of coconut oil "candy" that I made

one Brussels Sprout

many slices of homemade salami

1/2 batch! lc haupia

pork rinds and bacon grease

spinach salad w/ pecans, poppy seeds, and cherry balsamic dressing

11 cups water

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-29-2010 at 06:43 AM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:01 AM   #832
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
How can you do so much when you are sick?
I started feeling sicker as the day went on so I took advantage of the earlier hours and boy am I glad I did. Now I don't have to worry too much.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 07:04 AM   #833
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Very smart of you!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 08:56 AM   #834
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
YESTERDAY'S WEIGHT
185

TODAY'S WEIGHT
183.5
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 09:39 AM   #835
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Guestimating yesterday's food quantities to get yesterday's totals

carbs 17
fat 159
protein 62

calories 1733
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:36 PM   #836
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Correction

Guestimating yesterday's food quantities to get yesterday's totals

carbs 20
fat 159
protein 63

calories 1750
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:41 PM   #837
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,751
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
How do you guestimate that stuff? The carbs I could do but not the fat or calories.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:50 PM   #838
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Oops, I didn't mean to make myself look so smart! I guesstimated the amounts of foods from yesterday then put them in ******. I just copied the totals here.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 02:51 PM   #839
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Guestimating
Should that be "guesstimating" or "guestimating?" I think that the 2nd one wants me to type it, but the first one looks more like the correct way to spell it. Otherwise, we've got "guest" instead of "guess."

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-29-2010 at 02:52 PM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 05:31 PM   #840
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Very smart of you!
I wish I was that smart! I did go to the grocery store though. Does that count?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
YESTERDAY'S WEIGHT
185

TODAY'S WEIGHT
183.5


Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Should that be "guesstimating" or "guestimating?" I think that the 2nd one wants me to type it, but the first one looks more like the correct way to spell it. Otherwise, we've got "guest" instead of "guess."
I vote for number one. Now I am going to look it up.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 PM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.