Old 01-19-2010, 06:45 PM   #721
Amish Wit

Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Awwwwwwwwwwww I don't want you to either!!!
Thanks!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2010, 06:46 PM   #722
The doctor is IN

Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 170/155/145 5'9"
WOE: Portion control
Start Date: 2004, restart 8-2-13
OTOH, I am SO pumped about my eating!!! I am just not hungry at all and don't even think about food anymore! I am in the zone!!!!!! You are doing great too Wendy and Chewie too! The WIT journal ROCKS!!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 06:47 PM   #723
Amish Wit

Quote:
OTOH, I am SO pumped about my eating!!! I am just not hungry at all and don't even think about food anymore! I am in the zone!!!!!! You are doing great too Wendy and Chewie too! The WIT journal ROCKS!!!!
Old 01-19-2010, 06:48 PM   #724
Amish Wit

TODAY'S FOOD
1 oz cream cheese w/ 1/2 c HWC and 1 pkt stevia
1 turkey hot dog w/ 1 1/2 TBSP ranch made of sour cream and mayo

tea--5 cups?

pork rinds

spaghetti sauce w/ mostly sausage (not much tomato)
Old 01-19-2010, 06:51 PM   #725
Amish Wit

How I'm feeling:

sleepy
lethargic/unmotivated/lack of get-up-and-go
sore neck and back
sore, kind of itchy eyes that are tired
sniffly nose
sore muscles here and there
very dry lips

Hmm...allergens make a person inflamed. I wonder if that could be what's up w/ my muscles, because I sure haven't exercised!
Old 01-19-2010, 07:05 PM   #726
The doctor is IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
TODAY'S FOOD

tea--5 cups?

pork rinds

spaghetti sauce w/ mostly sausage (not much tomato)
Yayyyyy!!!

Quote:
How I'm feeling:

sleepy
lethargic/unmotivated/lack of get-up-and-go
sore neck and back
sore, kind of itchy eyes that are tired
sniffly nose
sore muscles here and there
very dry lips

Hmm...allergens make a person inflamed. I wonder if that could be what's up w/ my muscles, because I sure haven't exercised!
Weird but I have very dry lips as well and the eye thing. It's especially bad tonight. I wonder if it's the dry air??? As for energy I am surprised at how good I am doing. I have been there before though Wendy on LC. Not sure what I am doing different this time but it's different in a good way! The only thing I can think of is that I am eating MUCH less fast food (like burgers without a bun) and more simple foods like chicken or broccoli or eggs, bacon, cheese, simple things. Not sure that's it or not. Last time around I ate a lot of the fast food LC stuff. I don't think you do that much so doubt if that's it with you

Are you eating anything that could bother your allergies? Or did you say? Sorry, I am ready to go to bed! I am probably ont even making sense.

NIGHT! LOVE YOU!

“Faith is the gaze of a soul upon a saving God.” A.W. Tozer
I need a seatbelt for my wagon

Old 01-19-2010, 08:24 PM   #727
Amish Wit

Quote:
Are you eating anything that could bother your allergies? Or did you say? Sorry, I am ready to go to bed! I am probably ont even making sense.
Yeah...see the bold parts below:
Quote:

tea--5 cups?

pork rinds

spaghetti sauce w/ mostly sausage (not much tomato) and Parmesan
So...only almost all of my food! Aaaannnd because I'm so brilliant, I'm having some decaf coffee w/ stevia, cinnamon, and HWC right now. More cream.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:33 AM   #728
Way too much time on my hands!

Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Wendy--I'm sorry you're having allergies to deal with cause you're doing so well. I know you'll figure it out cause I have faith in you.

I'm struggling with my fatigue and sadness. I don't know if it's all the stress w/dh and my job or what. I'm still on plan but it's not as good as it was last week. My weight is up and down 3 or more pounds in a day. I don't know what to do but don't want to change anything yet. I just can't seem to ever feel rested. Ugh. Sorry for complaining.
I WILL Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me" Phillipians 4:13
God's Delay does not mean God's Denial
PROGRESS not perfection!!!!
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 09:50 AM   #729
Amish Wit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Wendy--I'm sorry you're having allergies to deal with cause you're doing so well. I know you'll figure it out cause I have faith in you.

Thank you!

I'm struggling with my fatigue and sadness. I don't know if it's all the stress w/dh and my job or what. I'm still on plan but it's not as good as it was last week. My weight is up and down 3 or more pounds in a day. I don't know what to do but don't want to change anything yet. I just can't seem to ever feel rested. Ugh. Sorry for complaining.
I was very tired at the beginning of last winter--couldn't get rested. Dr. told me to start taking IsoCort for adrenal fatigue. That was my problem, and I'm so glad that he figured it out. I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I'm not saying that you have the same problem, but I wanted to mention it in case it's a place to start, AND to let you know that I understand, even if it's from a different cause. Do you think that it's from depression? Do you have anything that you can do about that?

Gluten, dairy, & chicken egg free
Old 01-20-2010, 09:57 AM   #730
Amish Wit

If you suspect or want to read about adrenal fatigue, here's a website w/ a chart of symptoms. Again, I'm not saying that you have this problem, just presenting information. Then, again, you do sound like you've been a lot like me--go, go, go...do for others...give, give, give even at the expense of your own health and a lack of relaxation, until you just have problems doing it anymore. I used to work constantly. From the moment I woke until I went to sleep, I was cleaning or doing something. Wasn't a good idea, it turns out. So, it does seem that it could be a possibility for you from what I know--which might not be a lot.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:58 AM   #731

Quote:
I was very tired at the beginning of last winter--couldn't get rested. Dr. told me to start taking IsoCort for adrenal fatigue. That was my problem, and I'm so glad that he figured it out. I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I'm not saying that you have the same problem, but I wanted to mention it in case it's a place to start, AND to let you know that I understand, even if it's from a different cause. Do you think that it's from depression? Do you have anything that you can do about that?
You are so sweet. I take A.D. but don't know if this is from the depression or not. I've been fatigued so long but it seems to have gotten worse. How much IsoCort do you take? I do have thyroid issues and adrenal failure too. I am hypothyroid. Ugh. I go back to my dr the beginning of Feb. I don't know what to do but I'm not giving up.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:00 AM   #732

Look what I found about IsoCort:
Returning the adrenal function back to a healthy state may take anywhere from 6 to 18 months depending on the individual condition and degree of commitment to the healing process. The rewards are many. Allergic persons in most cases become much less sensitive to allergens, those with chronic inflammatory complaints improve greatly, fatigued persons return to more reliable levels of energy and stamina.
Significant improvement can usually be felt within 3-21 days after initiating regular use of Iso Cort as directed. In most cases persons bothered with constant fatigue or afternoon drowsiness are able to be alert and productive for the entire day.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:01 AM   #733
Amish Wit

TODAY'S WEIGHT

annoying

OK, so it's 185.5.

I got down to 183, left my beloved scale, got upto 186.5 and it seems to want to stick up there instead of down where it was. I liked saying that I had lost 30 lbs. Oh well. I haven't been drinking as much water as I should to combat water retention, and my stomach is swollen--really think that's from dairy--so that might be even more water retention?

Today is my first dairy-free day.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:04 AM   #734
Amish Wit

Quote:
Look what I found about IsoCort:
Returning the adrenal function back to a healthy state may take anywhere from 6 to 18 months depending on the individual condition and degree of commitment to the healing process. The rewards are many. Allergic persons in most cases become much less sensitive to allergens, those with chronic inflammatory complaints improve greatly, fatigued persons return to more reliable levels of energy and stamina.
Significant improvement can usually be felt within 3-21 days after initiating regular use of Iso Cort as directed. In most cases persons bothered with constant fatigue or afternoon drowsiness are able to be alert and productive for the entire day.
Good information! Thanks for sharing! I SHOULD have been on IsoCort for around a year now, but I forgot to take it from August(?) until a few weeks ago. I didn't start feeling the effects of a lack of it until winter--same as last year. It does start helping almost immediately, but I have to remember to take it twice/day for a couple of weeks or I WILL be tired!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:06 AM   #735

Quote:
Good information! Thanks for sharing! I SHOULD have been on IsoCort for around a year now, but I forgot to take it from August(?) until a few weeks ago. I didn't start feeling the effects of a lack of it until winter--same as last year. It does start helping almost immediately, but I have to remember to take it twice/day for a couple of weeks or I WILL be tired!
I am buying some right now.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:07 AM   #736
Amish Wit

Quote:
You are so sweet. I take A.D. but don't know if this is from the depression or not. I've been fatigued so long but it seems to have gotten worse. How much IsoCort do you take? I do have thyroid issues and adrenal failure too. I am hypothyroid. Ugh. I go back to my dr the beginning of Feb. I don't know what to do but I'm not giving up.
Yes, don't give up! I take 2 twice/day. Dr. recommended taking them away from food if possible, but he stressed that it's more important to just take them! If that means w/ or close to meals, then so be it. So, I usually take 2 between breakfast and lunch, and then 2 before dinner, but if I take them w/ a meal, I don't worry about it. I haven't noticed a difference in regard to timing of taking them and meals--not saying that there isn't one, though. I have read on LCF that some people DO notice a difference so they have to take it w/o food.

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-20-2010 at 10:09 AM..
Old 01-20-2010, 10:08 AM   #737
Amish Wit

Quote:
Glad that you think that you've found something to help. that you get it all worked out.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:15 AM   #738
Amish Wit

TODAY'S FOOD

cubed steak w/ crushed pork rinds fried in EVOO

Plan to eat:
leftover spaghetti sauce and/or all-meat hot dog(s)

pepper steak (strips of beef w/ bell peppers, onions, soy sauce, etc.)

Lots of water.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #739

Today's food
2 c coffee w/cream & davinci
1 pc homemade lc pizza
4 qts water

Plan to eat:
2 pc chicken thighs

Not sure what else, I have a rb, ground meat and chicken out but not sure what I want to cook
Old 01-20-2010, 10:23 AM   #740

Quote:
Glad that you think that you've found something to help. that you get it all worked out.
My dr can't seem to figure out how to help me so I have to do the homework myself.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:38 AM   #741
Amish Wit

Quote:
My dr can't seem to figure out how to help me so I have to do the homework myself.
Sometimes that happens.

Do you read many of nonstickpam's posts about thyroid and doctors? She seems to have a lot of good information. Makes me sometimes, though. I need to write things down to get them sorted sometimes. Just reading lists of tests to get done...well, the info gets lost in my head.
Old 01-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #742
Amish Wit

Quote:
Today's food
2 c coffee w/cream & davinci
1 pc homemade lc pizza
4 qts water

Plan to eat:
2 pc chicken thighs

Not sure what else, I have a rb, ground meat and chicken out but not sure what I want to cook
Great job! I don't have any ideas, so I can't help you w/ your dinner decision (not that you were asking ).
Old 01-20-2010, 05:06 PM   #743
The doctor is IN

Quote:
Yeah...see the bold parts below:

So...only almost all of my food! Aaaannnd because I'm so brilliant, I'm having some decaf coffee w/ stevia, cinnamon, and HWC right now. More cream.
How many times I do stuff just like this! I'll be thinking what in the world am I going to do about "such and such" and then think well if I do THIS (doh) then it has helped before, why am I denying that? It's not necessarily just with food allergies either. One good example is that I LOVE hot baths and I take one most every day and even twice. Well I had forgotten sort of that it aggravates my eczema and makes me scratch like crazy (even though this is not the only time). I NEED to stop them but I asked myself today, "Can I REALLY give up something that I love so much?" It makes me think how smokers must feel and drug addicts. "Hello I am Sharon and I am a bathaholic" and and

Quote:
Poor Chewie! I sure hope this helps you!!! NO ONE should have to be like that! It seems as if your doctor has had long enough to try these things to not make much difference that is if you are doing everything he says. Are you? And did you take all your supplements today? If you can't take them or tolerate them you need to tell him when you go because he is treating you relying on the info you give him KWIM? Not chastising you just trying to help hon, HATE to see you going through it!!!

Quote:
I SO hope this helps!!!

Quote:
EXACTLY!!! So many times...don't get me started!!!

Good day, right on plan still:

2 pieces of fried bologna with cheese
1 boiled egg with salt
1 can of tuna in water with mayo and SF sweet relish
A handful of pumpkin seeds

159.5 this morning. Oh well! I have NO cravings for anything sweet AT ALL! It's amazing! I remember how I loved that about Atkins before, how I just have to make myself eat my meals and not LIVE for them!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:01 PM   #744
Amish Wit

Didn't read...will catch up later!

TODAY'S FOOD

breakfast:

lunch:
2 c huckleberry tea w/ stevia
1 TBSP coconut oil

1 tsp coconut oil

dinner:
egg flower soup
Old 01-20-2010, 06:28 PM   #745
The doctor is IN

Quote:
Didn't read...will catch up later!

TODAY'S FOOD

breakfast:

lunch:
2 c huckleberry tea w/ stevia
1 TBSP coconut oil

1 tsp coconut oil

dinner:
egg flower soup

What does the coconut oil do??? Do you know? I have heard it's good to help you feel full but I don't really need that. I am never hungry as it it. You are doing great!!!! WE ARE IN THE ZONE!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #746

Lucy, I am taking my supplements and after doing more research think I need a prescription adrenal med over the one that Wendy takes. I go to the dr the beginning of Feb so I'll discuss this then. I did stick with my plan but think I may have had a lil too much cheese today. Oh well, live and learn, right? Good night
Old 01-20-2010, 07:03 PM   #747
The doctor is IN

Quote:
Lucy, I am taking my supplements and after doing more research think I need a prescription adrenal med over the one that Wendy takes. I go to the dr the beginning of Feb so I'll discuss this then. I did stick with my plan but think I may have had a lil too much cheese today. Oh well, live and learn, right? Good night
Goodnight Chewie! Good girl!!!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:18 PM   #748
Amish Wit

Quote:
"Hello I am Sharon and I am a bathaholic" and and

I laughed at that, but knock it off!!

Good day, right on plan still:

...159.5 this morning. Oh well! I have NO cravings for anything sweet AT ALL! It's amazing! I remember how I loved that about Atkins before, how I just have to make myself eat my meals and not LIVE for them!
Good for you! Tell that scale to get with it, OK? It's frustrating when it just sits there, isn't it? Hooray for a lack of sugar-cravings!

Quote:
What does the coconut oil do??? Do you know? I have heard it's good to help you feel full but I don't really need that. I am never hungry as it it. You are doing great!!!! WE ARE IN THE ZONE!!!
I don't know, but it tastes good, I don't need to prepare it, and it's filling! If you read about coconut oil it's the new "cure-all" but I don't believe everything that I read, so I just go w/ the idea that it's good for me, and I like it, so I cook w/ it and/or eat it. Oh, and it makes great lotion as long as you use it very sparingly.
Quote:
...after doing more research think I need a prescription adrenal med over the one that Wendy takes. I go to the dr the beginning of Feb so I'll discuss this then.

I did stick with my plan but think I may have had a lil too much cheese today. Oh well, live and learn, right? Good night
for the first part. And about the cheese, too!

WTG sticking to your plan!
Old 01-20-2010, 10:20 PM   #749
Amish Wit

Had some tea, then 1/2 an avocado w/ garlic salt and cayenne, then another tsp coconut oil.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:51 AM   #750

thankful Thursday
*I'm feeling a lil better mentally
*I turned to prayer and NOT food
*My ds15 has all A's in his new classes this semester
*My WIT friends