Low Carb Friends  
Netrition.com - Tools - Reviews - Faces - Recipes - Home


Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2010, 09:41 AM   #571
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
OK. Tired, but not sure why.



I had leftover whipped cream w/ sweeteners in it for breakfast. After cooking the kids' breakfast, I didn't feel like cooking food for myself. I'll probably go cook some bacon, anyway. Likely having bacon for lunch, and pizza w/o crust for dinner. Yum!
YUM! I am tired too Wendy. First day since Atkins I have been this bad. I ate breakfast so that's not it. Drinking coffee now.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-2010, 01:17 PM   #572
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
TODAY'S FOOD

whipped cream w/ Truvia and stevia
pork rinds w/ bacon grease So yummy!

cream cheese w/ HWC and 1/2 pkg Truvia
pork rinds w/ bacon grease

Last edited by wcwendy; 01-11-2010 at 01:33 PM..
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #573
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Hi
Can I join? Since today is Day 1, I was thinking of keeping a journal. Can I keep it here?
Today's Food
2 c coffee w/cream & davinci
2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 3 pc bacon
6 pieces of ham (lunch--wasn't very hungry)
3 quarts of water
1 c coffee w/cream & davinci
Dinner will be: taco salad w/lett,cheese, sour cream, taco meat, cheddar, onions
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:53 PM   #574
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Hi
Can I join? Since today is Day 1, I was thinking of keeping a journal. Can I keep it here?
That would be great! I'll have to change the link in my signature to say Wendy, Landis, and Chewie's journal...or something.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:54 PM   #575
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Today's Food
2 c coffee w/cream & davinci
2 eggs fried in coconut oil, 3 pc bacon
6 pieces of ham (lunch--wasn't very hungry)
3 quarts of water
1 c coffee w/cream & davinci
Dinner will be: taco salad w/lett,cheese, sour cream, taco meat, cheddar, onions
Sounds yummy! How are you doing?
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:57 PM   #576
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Sounds yummy! How are you doing?
Very very good. Not hungry which is weird--can't be ketosis in 6 hours.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #577
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
How do you eat the pork rinds with bacon grease? I don't normally like pork rinds at all but I have used them in breading and recipes.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:13 PM   #578
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Very very good. Not hungry which is weird--can't be ketosis in 6 hours.
Yeah, doesn't sound likely, does it?! But not hungry is nice, eh?

I know that it sounds gross, but I dip the pork rinds in cold to room temperature bacon grease. I've tried it with runny grease, but I didn't like it as much. I like the creaminess of it. I figure I'll eat more pork rinds w/o bacon grease, or fewer w/ it, and it should come out to about the same amount of pork fat either way. The thought grosses out my DH.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #579
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
Yeah, doesn't sound likely, does it?! But not hungry is nice, eh?

I know that it sounds gross, but I dip the pork rinds in cold to room temperature bacon grease. I've tried it with runny grease, but I didn't like it as much. I like the creaminess of it. I figure I'll eat more pork rinds w/o bacon grease, or fewer w/ it, and it should come out to about the same amount of pork fat either way. The thought grosses out my DH.
I don't think this would appeal to me.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:20 PM   #580
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
I don't think this would appeal to me.
That's understandable!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 04:49 PM   #581
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Oh boy! Chewie's here!!!!! This'll be even better!!!

Good day of eating! Actually I was so busy didn't have time if I had been hungry! I worked until about 7 and at lunch I went to pay for the new mattress foundation and to the bank (in reverse ha ha).

DH picked up a rotisserie chicken for me and I am nibbling on it now.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:46 PM   #582
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Oh boy! Chewie's here!!!!! This'll be even better!!!

Good day of eating! Actually I was so busy didn't have time if I had been hungry! I worked until about 7 and at lunch I went to pay for the new mattress foundation and to the bank (in reverse ha ha).

DH picked up a rotisserie chicken for me and I am nibbling on it now.
Thanks sweetie. I'm picking up a rotisserie chicken tomorrow. I have to go to Sams and they have giant ones for $5. I did excellent today except this darn headache--maybe carb detox????

Sweet dreams
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #583
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Not sure, I have heard of flu-like symptoms for the first few days so maybe

DS is going through some depression/anxiety and not doing too well. Please pray for him. It runs in the family poor thing. I am trying to help him but well it's hard to listen when you are IN it you know? I am so tired, was hard to deal with tonight. Didn't really wanna post this on the WIT thread.
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #584
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Oh boy! Chewie's here!!!!! This'll be even better!!!

I agree!

Good day of eating! Actually I was so busy didn't have time if I had been hungry! I worked until about 7 and at lunch I went to pay for the new mattress foundation and to the bank (in reverse ha ha).

I was wondering...

DH picked up a rotisserie chicken for me and I am nibbling on it now.
Yum!

Chewie, yeah...maybe it's carb detox or whatever it's called. Sorry that you have one, though.

Mmm...big rotisserie chicken sounds good!


Landis, To you and your DS. It runs in our family, too, so I can relate.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:56 PM   #585
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
I ate tons of pizza toppings tonight! About 7 pieces of toppings. OK, so maybe that's not TONS, but I felt like I was making a huge pile of pizza "bones."

I got to go to my favorite pizza place (I wish that Stews could've made it. ) w/ my kids, nieces and nephews, and grandparents. It was nice!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:57 PM   #586
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Oh, the rest of today's food:

green tea--4 cups
water
cream cheese/HWC dessert...of course!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:43 AM   #587
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
I need to do pizza toppings soon Wendy! YUM! And thanks for the prayers, I am really worried about him

VERY busy today so won't be here at all probably working late again and through lunch maybe. I could kick myself because it was VERY poor planning on my part.

160.5 held today WOO!!!

Have a great day ya'll and hold down the journal!!!! Wendy you don't have to change the name, it's fine with me. SMOOCHES!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:35 AM   #588
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Not sure, I have heard of flu-like symptoms for the first few days so maybe

DS is going through some depression/anxiety and not doing too well. Please pray for him. It runs in the family poor thing. I am trying to help him but well it's hard to listen when you are IN it you know? I am so tired, was hard to deal with tonight. Didn't really wanna post this on the WIT thread.
Praying for him. I too am having issues like that right now but trying desperately to snap out of it. Dh being gone doesn't help but God will get me through it.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #589
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcwendy View Post
I ate tons of pizza toppings tonight! About 7 pieces of toppings. OK, so maybe that's not TONS, but I felt like I was making a huge pile of pizza "bones."

I got to go to my favorite pizza place (I wish that Stews could've made it. ) w/ my kids, nieces and nephews, and grandparents. It was nice!
Yumm. Have you ever tried the zucchini pizza crust from the recipe section? It's awesome. Also so is Linda Sue's deep dish pizza--that's more of meat based crust though.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:37 AM   #590
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
I need to do pizza toppings soon Wendy! YUM! And thanks for the prayers, I am really worried about him

VERY busy today so won't be here at all probably working late again and through lunch maybe. I could kick myself because it was VERY poor planning on my part.

160.5 held today WOO!!!

Have a great day ya'll and hold down the journal!!!! Wendy you don't have to change the name, it's fine with me. SMOOCHES!
The name is fine with me too. It IS your journal that we hijacked.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:38 AM   #591
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Dumb me still hasn't gotten my supplements together and am so very tired all the time. I am doing it this afternoon come h-*-*-* or high water.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #592
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Praying for him. I too am having issues like that right now but trying desperately to snap out of it. Dh being gone doesn't help but God will get me through it.
He also had a friend from high school that committed suicide. Someone came into his work this morning and told him. I decided to pay for a doctor visit for him to see about getting back on a mild anti-depressant. He is going to check today. He doesn't have insurance yet but will soon. The generic for Celexa is on the $4 list and it helped him a LOT when he took it years ago.

Sorry Chewie and will pray for you too!

ROCK THE PLAN!!!!!
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:41 AM   #593
The doctor is IN
 
Lucy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Time Upon a Once
Posts: 55,777
Gallery: Lucy
Stats: startover 160/154/145 5'9"
WOE: Atkins (original)
Start Date: 2004, restart 5-15-14
Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
Dumb me still hasn't gotten my supplements together and am so very tired all the time. I am doing it this afternoon come h-*-*-* or high water.
Do it and report back here when you do.

Signed,
Accountability Partner for Journal


Oh and when does your DH come back Chewie?

The reason I am not posting on the WIT thread is that I just can't keep up right now and take time to read everything so I feel bad. Here with the 3 of us it's easier and I can still stay accountable. Still busy though so won't be here much either. Bye for now!

Last edited by Lucy; 01-12-2010 at 07:44 AM..
Lucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #594
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Good morning!

Landis, congrats on the weight staying down! Glad that you're able to help your son.

Chewie, sorry that you're not doing so well. Do you have any mood lights--or whatever they're called? I own one, but haven't used it this winter. I think that it helps, though.

I haven't tried alternative crusts, but I've thought about doing it. Thanks for the recommendations!


Quote:
Originally Posted by chewiegand View Post
The name is fine with me too. It IS your journal that we hijacked.
You didn't hijack it! I like having you two here!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:57 AM   #595
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
The reason I am not posting on the WIT thread is that I just can't keep up right now and take time to read everything so I feel bad. Here with the 3 of us it's easier and I can still stay accountable. Still busy though so won't be here much either. Bye for now!
That makes sense. Have a nice day!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:58 AM   #596
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Chewie, I've been onplan (excluding some around Christmastime) since Oct. and I JUST started taking my supplements. :blush: You're doing better than I am, even if you don't get around to taking them for another couple of months!

But I don't recommend that. I HAVE been tired from skipping my adrenal supplement.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #597
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
Oh, and Chewie, congrats and great job sticking to your WOE! KUTGW!
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:25 AM   #598
Amish Wit
 
wcwendy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oh, HERE I am!!
Posts: 23,565
Gallery: wcwendy
Stats: 214.5/155/138
WOE: Whole 30
Start Date: Atkins 10-08;'72 10-09 204-178; Whole 30 2013
My stomach doesn't know what it wants.

I was cooking bacon, and I didn't want any--thought that I might be skipping breakfast because I wasn't feeling hungry at all. The next time that I went into the kitchen to turn the bacon, my stomach was practically eating itself!

So I ate about 5 pieces of bacon and had some water and I feel better.
wcwendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:12 AM   #599
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
He also had a friend from high school that committed suicide. Someone came into his work this morning and told him. I decided to pay for a doctor visit for him to see about getting back on a mild anti-depressant. He is going to check today. He doesn't have insurance yet but will soon. The generic for Celexa is on the $4 list and it helped him a LOT when he took it years ago.

Sorry Chewie and will pray for you too!

ROCK THE PLAN!!!!!
Oh how sad, that'll throw a person even without any depression issues. I'll keep praying for Dusty. You're a good mom.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:13 AM   #600
Way too much time on my hands!
 
chewiegand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NW Arkansas
Posts: 25,763
Gallery: chewiegand
Stats: Fat/Fluff/Fit
Start Date: restart every Monday
Quote:
Originally Posted by landis View Post
Do it and report back here when you do.

Signed,
Accountability Partner for Journal


Oh and when does your DH come back Chewie?

The reason I am not posting on the WIT thread is that I just can't keep up right now and take time to read everything so I feel bad. Here with the 3 of us it's easier and I can still stay accountable. Still busy though so won't be here much either. Bye for now!
I'm doing the supps right after nap. Dh comes back late Friday night. He has school all day and it's about a 4 hour drive but luckily he has the weekend off so he'll be fine.
chewiegand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:28 AM.


Copyright ©1999-2014 Friends Forums LLC. All rights reserved. - Terms of Service | Privacy Policy
LowCarbFriends® is a registered mark of Friends Forums, LLC.