Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2009, 01:26 PM   #241
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Okay my immediate supervisor (AVP) has the flu - constantly coughing, sneezing, looks horrible...won't go home. I better not get it again and I have not been feeling well - scratchy throat, tired again, sneezing......poop!!Hopefully it is just allergies.

I am feeling really tired again so I did not exercise today.

B=fage yogurt/1/2 cp full fat w/sugar free cheesecake flavoring +coffee w/non dairy and stevia.
L=Chicken breast + 1 sl 2% cheddar
D=Egg + 2 white + onion + little cheddar (1T) and butter (1 tsp)
Coff + non dairy and stevia.

Hopefully I won't be so tired tomorrow and I can exercise.

Interesting thing I learned today is that the full fat fage really fills me up - I did not eat lunch til almost 2pm.

Last edited by Debbi; 11-11-2009 at 01:28 PM..
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 11-13-2009, 09:06 AM   #242
Major LCF Poster!

Today is Weigh In Day:

Friday

Weight = 157 Down 2lbs from last Friday. I was hoping for more but I will take it and run!!

Exercise: DCC warm-up and DCC kickboxing - short and not much to it but I typically do not exercise on Fridays

Happy Friday the 13th - came into work and we have no phones or fax. There was a black out last night and the phones have to be re-set so we are still waiting and it is almost 11 am. Great!!

Since the electricity went out I cannot eat what I planned today (yogurt) so I have the following:

B=Larabar and coffee w/ nondairy and a few pecans
L=Tuna in Olive oil + 1 rice cake
D=all veggies or side salad and small pc of protein.

I really wanted that yogurt.

I still feel fluish or yeastie. My throat feels weird and I still have a coating on my tongue. Also feel sinus-y as well.

I stop the creams for the dermatitis after today but I still see the red marks. I am not itching like I was though. I will use normal shampoo tomorrow and see how I do. I have to find a moisturizer that won't irritate my skin. I am tired of using vaseline....it is icky.

This weekend I will try to eliminate the non dairy creamer. I have the SO coconut creamer but I do not think I like the taste - I will try it in my coffee tomorrow morning.

I am still tired but I need to AMP up the workouts so tomorrow I will do Firm's NSTAM and then 30 minutes of low impact cardio and then floor legs.

Sunday we will visit w/BF's sister she is in town w/a friend so that will be okay - something to do........
Old 11-14-2009, 09:26 AM   #243
Major LCF Poster!

Great workout this morning: Burn it up (slim in six) 60 minutes

B=Fage total full fat w/JRobb protein powder and cinnamon + coffee w/non dairy =300 cals
L=??
D=??

To early to know what I will eat today. The full fat Fage really keeps me full so I feel it is worth the calories.
A tsp of coconut butter and a sublinqual B12 after a cup of espresso really helps me with my workout!!

Washed my hair w/normal shampoo this morning because I HAVE to go buy some root cover and color at least the roots along the part - I cannot stand the gray - since I have dark hair it really makes me look like I am balding when the roots are gray.......
I will report my meals tonight.

No weighing til Friday.
Old 11-15-2009, 03:58 PM   #244
Major LCF Poster!

Yesterday we ended up eating at 59 diner and I had 3/4 of a burger plain and water. Then I had popcorn (at least it was organic and unsalted) and coffee and then I had a protein bar. Not too good

Today Sunday: Exercise was Kathy Smith's Fatburning workout plus Kathy Smith floor legs. Really good workout.

B=1/2 cup cottage cheese + 1T peanut butter + coffee /wnon dairy creamer
L=5 boiled shrimp + Cesear Salad
D=coffee w/non dairy creamer and nuts

Tomorrow the plan is :
Mann y/p exercise
B=Atkins shake + black coffee
L=chicken/1/2 avocado/mayo/lettuce
D=Coffee w/non dairy creamer and egg w/onion and cheese.
I am not weighing until Friday.

Met BF's sister for lunch she is in town visiting. Very pretty, tiny -has had lots of surgical procedures.....looking for a wealthy man - she'll find one. She got millions of dollars from the last one.......Wish I knew how to do that!!

A good friend of mine who is depressed may be coming to visit on Wednesday and staying through Saturday- we will have a good time and hopefully cheer her up!! She can hang out w/BF while I am at work and we will go out at night.

Here's to a good week for everyone!!! STAY POSITIVE AND POSITIVE THINGS WILL FIND YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !
Old 11-16-2009, 07:00 AM   #245
Major LCF Poster!

The week is not starting off well........no response yet from the two resumes I sent....BF had a migraine last night......raining......

No exercise - had to leave early due to the weather.

B=1/2 JRobb Protein Bar + 1T pb + coffee w/non dairy creamer = 240
S=1 hb egg + 1/2 cheese stick = 100
L=Low sodium veggie soup -1 cup w/shredded cheese = 200
D=coffee w/non dairy and 2 deviled eggs (1 yolk) = 160

I can feel the depression starting to kick in already. I am miserable but trying to shake it.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:25 PM   #246
Major LCF Poster!

Tuesday:

Exercise - Kathy Smith Fat burning w/o (cardio and stretch only) then pilates floor legs

B= Coffee w/non dairy creamer + 1 tsp of coconut butter + protein bar = 475
S=rice cake + 1 oz cream cheese = 105
L=atkins shake = 160
D=1 egg + 2 whites + 1T cheddar + 1tsp butter + coffee w/ non dairy creamer = 210

Tomorrow my plan is: Exercise = NSTAM + firm legs + 15 min cardio
B= fage 2% + jrobb protein powder + coffee w/ non dairy
L=chicken + 1/2 avocado + 1 tsp mayo + lettuce
D=egg + 2 whites + cheddar + coffee w/non dairy creamer
Old 11-29-2009, 01:17 PM   #247
Major LCF Poster!

It has been a while........it has been super hectic. BF was doing well til today - migraine now but first one in two weeks!! I have an interview for an underwriting position this Friday in New Orleans - I may have two.....mixed emotions....happy but scared....scared because it is yet another huge upheaval in my life....scared because I don't know anyone there and scared because I worry I won't do a good job. Also, just dreading the whole move thing and worried about how BF will do with it all!! Glad that there is some interest in me though - I feel really lucky. Well, that said I have a lot to do to prepare..references, printing resume, plane tickets, packing worrying about getting there on time - interview is for the day of arrival and I am depending on a friend for a place to stay and a car to drive. Worse case, I can at least change at her house and take a cab.

Weight is about the same - up and down 1 lb. Today it is 157.8 I am trying really hard to lose. I have been eating well and exercise has been great.

Today = Dance w/me with Stephanie Herrman - Ballet workout plus additional Brazillian dance w/o - total workout time = 2hours. 49 minutes of that was really great floor work

B=full fat fage 1/2 container plus Smart Ones Peanut butter 1.5T plus 1 tsp protein powder.
S=4 Brazil nuts
D=sliced filet (3oz) + unsalted butter + small salad w/2 tsp blue cheese
2 coffees w/nondairy and sweet n low.

The fage is really keeping me full but I am not really losing eating it so I am dropping it tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the gyno - I dread that!! But, I need my estrogen patches refilled. So, tomorrow will have to look like this:

Ex = YBB light and easy + yoga

B= coffee at home - black
B= at work after doctor coffee w/non dairy + 1/2 protein bar
L=(early) tuna in olive oil w/lemon (3/4 can)
D= leftover sliced filet in garlic and butter and asparagus.

I hope I can lose a few more by Friday.

Last edited by Debbi; 11-29-2009 at 01:20 PM..
Old 12-02-2009, 08:45 AM   #248
Major LCF Poster!

Today I was 155.6 or 155.4

Exercise has been great: Today = Red Carpet ready and some kickboxing and floor legs

B=coffee w/non dairy 1/4cp shredded cheddar cheese and 4 low carb crackers
L=not sure about the rest of the day.

Last two days I have been feeling like I have a stomach virus esp in the mornings. There is a person out w/the virus or "stomach issues" today at work. I don't know if mine are nerves due to traveling Friday or a stomach bug. I sure hope it clears up though!
Old 12-03-2009, 06:25 PM   #249
Major LCF Poster!

154.6 today was hoping for 153

Exercise was minimal -Bollywood Dance (I really liked this for a change)

Have not been feeling well and I am very nervous about the trip tomorrow as it is suppose to snow here......and a few minutes ago BF found out his step father is in the hospital w/his heart and most likely needs a pacemaker....I have 3 interviews tomorrow - I have been so nervous I have been sick for three days. I just pray that somehow this all works out well..............................Have to get up at 4:30 am and we will leave at 6:00 am hopefully we will beat the snow. Dog is at the vet for boarding and I am worried about her too - last time she got really sick.........I just cannot wait for tomorrow to be over I do not like cold weather or travelling. I will say lots of prayers tonight for a favorable outcome. I sure hope I am over this stomach stuff now....will write again Monday.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:39 PM   #250
Major LCF Poster!

Came back from vacation @155.8 so up a little. Not bad for no exercise and a few glasses of wine.

Still no exercise or very little - just trying to catch up. I got the job I interviewed for so I will be moving back home. I am very excited. But it is going to be a lot of work both at the job and to move. And it is busy at work.........hopefully I will have more time to journal by the weekend.
Old 01-01-2010, 05:46 PM   #251
Major LCF Poster!

okay, new year, new me!! Just marking my place - lots to catch up on...weight is 158...will journal tomorrow!!
Old 02-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #252
Major LCF Poster!

Life has just been such a mess. I am back in New Orleans and I am wondering why I thought I should come back. It is very different here - everyone seems "unstable" on the edge - it is a weird feeling. Still has feelings of abandonment - lots of areas don't have street lights or adequate lighting. Lots of blighted buildings and lots of empty lots. The re-building in neighborhoods has destroyed the old charm - houses are so high now it looks ridiculous. City Park which was once filled w/huge old oaks so dense that you could not see through unless you drove through or walked through - the beautiful old park where summers growing up I would take art lessons and walk to the Gazebo for ice cream on breaks and feed the ducks and paddle boat in the lagoons - now there are so few oak trees left that it looks sparse and dirty and unkempt - you can see almost straight through. This was a beautiful old time worn city full of character - now there are only remnants - so small that it is hard to remember how it really looked. The streets are horrible, huge holes that you could lose your car in, streets in my neighborhood are impassable although they are beginning to fix them now. Is it better now? Anything is better than it looked immediately following Katrina but it is far from what it was...the population here is so low around 200,000 ( used to be 600,000) and those people who now inhabit the city look worn and depressed. Gas is about 20 cents per gallon higher here than in Houston. Rents are coming down but are still high considering what you are getting for your money. Crime is horrible - better lighting should be a priority - not cameras on street lights to catch the occasional red light runner - the city should be concerned with the murders first....friends who wanted me to come home don't seem the same - they settle for things now that they never would have in the past. Everyone is struggling to survive here -financially, emotionally, physically and mentally. Only a select few are really making it and even they are having to work harder than ever. It is tuff here still.......the Saints going to the Super Bowl is what everyone is talking about - it is pure mania here. That is a good thing - people have something to be happy about and hope of winning has put the spark back in their eyes and a lightness to their step. I am here now and will try to make this work but I feel like I am reliving the survival days of post Katrina all over again - when life was so stressfull and simple things so difficult that you did not know if you could go on......my diet has been thrown to the wind since I have been living in an upstairs bedroom of a friend's home with no TV and no ability to cook for myself. My BF has remained in Houston with our dog and he is severely depressed living apart...but I have found an apartment and will move in 2 weeks while waiting for the condo to sell in Houston. I do not know how we will make it financially with two house notes but if it is meant to be somehow we will - at least we will be together again in our own place. I have cried everyday and every night. I hate this job.....I have to walk 5 blocks to and from work everyday in the rain and cold and it is a very regimented and demanding job. I haven't worked this hard in years. But they have promised that I can get my DE and with that I can work anywhere and at a much higher salary. That is why I am staying for now - that and because it is the only job I have...... I am going to start journaling again because it helps me sort thing out. Tomorrow things will be better - That is the hope I hold on to..........this was my home, the only place I have ever lived - I have loved it and defended it supported it and reveled in its beauty, compassion and charm - it hurts me to see it this way and to feel the pain all around me - the city that care forgot -has been forgotten by many and fighting for its return is an uphill battle with many winding roads. Like many others here I want to help fight and bring her back but the simple tasks of living and surviving here take all your energy and there is nothing left to give.......but hopefully God will pull us all through this and the city that care forgot will rise again.........

Last edited by Debbi; 02-05-2010 at 10:56 PM..
Old 02-07-2010, 08:29 AM   #253
Major LCF Poster!

I am officially back on track today.....I am exercising when and as I can. Living in an upstairs bedroom and soon to be upstairs apartment - I will be limited with what I can do......and I will NOT go to a gym.....hate them and cannot afford one anyway. I have no scale so cannot weigh until the 21st of February when I will be all moved into my apartment. So here I go........taking control of what I can........and praying about the rest!!

Today's menu:

Brunch: I have yogurt I have to use so for today it will be yogurt

Dinner: ground turkey in butter w/onion and celery.

Laniappe: 2 coffees/water

NO SUGAR

My goals for today are:

Bills
Change Address
Cemetary
Wash Hair
Some form of Exercise
Watch bits of the Super Bowl
Get clothes ready for the week ahead
Clean up my room!!
Old 02-07-2010, 09:49 PM   #254
Major LCF Poster!

Okay, today did not go as planned - the people whose house I am at accidentally threw out my turkey and ate most of my yogurt. They were making room in their fridge for their Super Bowl party they had tonight.......so.....I ate their food - not good. Broccoli and cheese -ok.....mac and cheese -just a little - (all the meat was gone by the time I went downstairs)......glass of wine.....which led to choco covered nuts.....which led to 1 pc cream cheese king cake....I wish I hadn't done that...been drinking water ever since. I am so on track tomorrow -I cannot wait to get rid of this horrible feeling.....ugghhh.....I hate feeling bloated.....and puffy......

Go Saints.........we finally won......Super Bowl Champs it is crazy here!!!!!!!!!!

No exercise tomorrow I will be too tired. I will walk my 5 blks to work then have coffee and then tuna at lunch in olive oil. Probably 1 slice cheddar as breakfast. Dinner will be meat of some kind/coffee and a little yogurt. That's it......if I am okay I will do yoga for weight loss tomorrow evening. I feel like I am full of fluid.

Just called BF in Houston. Seems his elbows were hurting him so he took two Tylenol and then 2 hrs later when they were still hurting him he took 2 more......boy did I let him have it.....that's 2000 mgs of tylenol in 4 hours.....what an idiot. Now I will be worried about him all night. Great way to start the week......bloated/full of fluid and worried....I pray my week gets better than this..........oh well, off to bed......
Old 02-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #255
Major LCF Poster!

Well it is finally here - I am flying to Houston on Thursday and we are moving on Friday into the apartment. I am sad but happy to be out of my friend's upstairs bedroom and back w/BF and our dog. The apartment is soooooooo much smaller than our house and at first I am sure we will not have TV since I can't reach the cable company and I have spent a fortune on the move and will continue to be stressed to the max financially until the house sells......but there is nothing else I can do.....no turning back now.

The job - is a little better - good days and bad days still.......the walk in the freezing cold for 5 blocks is still horrible - I hate it - and the summer will be worse - hopefully I will either be parking closer or will find something else.

Diet and Exercise - words I do not even know any more. I have let stress get the best of me - I feel really bad and really tired most of the time. I do not even take my vitamins any more. My eating habits are atrocious. Even when I try to plan I don't make it....all my own fault...My entire life has changed again and I am completely out of my routine. I have exercised maybe 4 times in the last month (today I did Yoga). I am so stiff and tense that I cannot do the things I used to do and when I move into the second floor apartment on Saturday I know I will be afraid to exercise aerobically and bother the people downstairs - but I will do something...yoga, pilates, callanetics....something. It is just as easy to eat on plan as it is to eat off plan - I know this - yet I have continued to eat off plan and I feel absolutely lousy. Right now I am committing with the beginning of Lent tomorrow to at least not eat any more sugar - I can at least try to conquer that beast again and then deal with the rest.

Still no scale to weigh myself and that is probably for the best - I can feel in my arms and clothes I have gained weight. Hopefully I will find the scale when we move - by Sunday and I will weigh then.......hopefully I can lose 20lbs by then !! Just kidding......
Old 03-06-2010, 06:10 AM   #256
Major LCF Poster!

Finally, I have a phone and internet service. Took a very long time. Okay, now I am getting back into me again.....beginning today. I will weigh tomorrow - I am expecting it to be around 165 - I have really let myself go plus no exercise. That changes today. I am exercising - cardio and legs this morning - I don't care about the other tenants! Food today will be Fage full fat yogurt/coffee/meat and veggies/yogurt/coffee....not sure what else. Looking for a desk today and still unpacking and grocery shopping. Will be back tomorrow with true weight and plan.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:46 PM   #257
Major LCF Poster!

Did not weigh today and did not eat well. But I did exercise. Fighting w/BF and still running around all over the place trying to get everything and everybody settled in here .......excuses, excuses. Anyway beginning tomorrow no more excuses. Today I did Pilates for weight loss (not comfortable doing lots of fast cardio since I am in an upper apt. and not as much floor space) and a little of the esmond technique for stretching. Food was horrendous.

I have to get a handle on this on the few pieces of clothing I have won't fit. Also, I am having hot flashes again. The vivelle dot does not work as well as Climara Pro. I keep trying the Climara Pro but I keep having the bad reaction. I will put the vivelle dot back on tonight - I only have four left and no refills and no doctor here. Got to find doctors this week that is the priority for this week.

Anyway - tomorrow - Gonna try Yoga for weight loss or Taebo. Not sure.

B=yogurt
L=tuna/sugar free/salt free sl toast
D=green beans/artichokes/ coffee (small)

I also need to start taking all my vitamins again regulary. Also got the nordic naturals omega blood sugar vits and will start those on Friday (just in case they do not agree w/me) Will weigh in Fridays - every Friday morning (officially anyway)
Old 03-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #258
Major LCF Poster!

Woke late and very tired and the day went downhill from there. So, still do not have one day under my belt - I am not giving up I will try again tomorrow. Walked to the office 5 blocks and then back to the garage 5 blocks. Then once inside the building it is about another block just to get to my desk. I am in a 54 floor building with three sets of elevators and very long halls. So that was the extent of my exercise. Work was okay but home is stressfull - I need to find good doctors for Scott - quickly before something happens. The neurologist in Houston recommended someone here but we cannot get an appointment until May 11th - he will be long out of meds by then. Hopefully someone will cancel. Anyway I will try try again tommorrw. Hopefully I can get up early enough to do at least 10 minutes of exercise and get my breakfast and lunch together. I am going to do the infamous three day diet modified to get back into the swing of things since it is so strict and structured. so..........tomorrow:
B=coffee/low sod/low carb/no sugar toast w/1T peanut butter
L=same type of toast - 1 slice w/1/2 can Tuna in olive oil
D=eggs w/veggies and cheese and coffee and 1 carb smart ice cream bar

I will do bills tomorrow night - too tired tonight. I sure hope my energy levels improve quickly.
Old 03-28-2010, 07:32 AM   #259
Major LCF Poster!

Life as I now know it is still a mess. Have not sold the condo in Houston yet - got 1 very low offer. My eating is out of control. Scott is getting lots of migraines. I am so stressed and am almost out of the estrogen patches so I am trying to go it without them. My job is so stressfull - lots of pressure now to meet goals etc....lots of management changes....still not comfortable w/most people in the office ......really do not care for most of them. I miss my old life!! Well at least my old job. My eating is OUT OF CONTROL. A day does not go by without my eating sugar - candy, cake, etc....my body hurts all over. I have been on Advil all week due to sciatica pains - no exercise. None of my clothes fit. I feel puffy and full of fluid. Before I blame this on menopause and no patches or stress or anything else I have to get my diet on track. I saw a horrible number on the scale today - too horrible to even say out loud - so I won't. But it was enought to scare the heck out of me and get on track no matter what. So I am eliminating all AS,(except protein shakes at work) all sugar, all grains and gradually dairy. I am not eating structured meals - only when I am hungry. I am not eating out at work any more unless it is eggs at breakfast - but even that may have too much salt. I am starting back exercising slowly - every other day. Today I am about to do some yoga and walking. Hopefully my back will allow it. Food wise I have already had a coffee w/AS so from here on out it is black - when I get hungry today I will have fruit or veggies or protein and fat. I have some pineapple, filet, asparagus, greek yogurt, nuts, salmon etc.....Oh and as far as the AS goes I can have it in Diet green tea and protein shakes (when I must). I am going to start drinking the green tea w/lemon and cranberry to get rid of the fluid and also I will try some peppermint tea plain.

Hopefully this will work. I am not putting the patch back on unless I start getting the sweats again. I only have two left and the vivelle dot does not work as well for me as the climarapro did. I cannot use the climara because of the skin rash/burn I get from it - my skin under the patch actually looked like scalding water was poured on it - it lasted for days and burned and itched - very painfull. I have tried several times to put it back on but within 24 hrs it starts burning and itching.

I am trying not to be depressed by what I have done to myself but rather to take control - I want my life back. I have become a fat, stressed, ill, slob who just eats and stays in her apartment. I want fun back in my life - I am even avoiding my friends so they don't see how much I have gained which is ridiculous because that is the main reason I moved back here - to be with friends etc. I have got to end this now if not I wll be 200 again before I know it.

I will weigh again every day - I have been staying off the scale knowing the number would be high - never again - I need to see the numbers. If I see I am not losing I will go back on the patch and start eliminating the small amounts of fruit and dairy I may be eating. If that doesn't work then I am going to a good doctor as soon as I can.

I really hope I sell the condo soon so I do not have the financial stress. As far as work goes - at least I have a job - I will ignore everyone and just do the best job I can. I did end up approving and closing at least 21 loans this month - more than anyone else - so I will be paid extra for everything 15 and over - I can use the money!! And it looks good on the reports.

I will try to write everyday again - but can't from work. Right now I will sign off and go exercise..........wish me success!!
Old 03-28-2010, 06:29 PM   #260
Major LCF Poster!

Did much better today - not perfect but better
Exercise: 1 mile walk plus yoga power sweat plus 5 min brazillian dance total= 40 minutes

Breakfast was coffee w/sweet n low and non dairy creamer = 30 c
then 6 cubes pineapple fresh - no idea how many cals =100c
2hrs later = couple of handfulls of cheerios dry - had the urge to snack and that was better than anything else I had on hand. = 250
L= couple of T of peanut butter = 250
D= asparagus, tsp dressing, very small piece of filet in butter and garlic = 300c
s=1/2 carb control ice cream bar = 90
coffee w/ sweet n low& 2tsp non dairy creamer = 30
total cals = 1050-1100

Tommorrow will be perfect.
Plan for Monday:
B= black coffee/exercise on the ball (since my back still hurts) = 30 minutes
at work: frozen protein shake (100) plus 1 T pb (120)
L= leftover piece filet and slice cheese (300)
S= pistachio nuts (200)
D= asparagus w/parm and 1 tsp dressing (150)
coffee w/non dairy creamer and sweet and low(30)
Cals = 900

Still have not put the patch on - so far the only time I break out in a sweat is when I have hot coffee - and that happened w/the patch!!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:49 AM   #261
Major LCF Poster!

Thank God, lost a little of the bloat from yesterday down 1.6lbs. Back still hurts and I am sitting on the heating pad - I don't want to take any advil. No exercise this morning however I will park in the garage and walk the 5blocks to and from work this morning.
Changing menu because I really want to challenge myself and see what happens - so I am doing the three day diet to ease from all the carbs to lower carb. today will be 1T pb and 1low carb toast. L=1lc toast and 1 small tuna w/mayo D=filet and asparagus and bite of low carb ice cream and coffee small. I will drink lots of lemon water today. Tonight I will blow up the ball I bought yesterday and exercise with it tomorrow. Will post again later. Still no patch!
Old 03-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #262
Major LCF Poster!

I did pretty good today - better than yesterday and oodles better than prior to that. The only exercise I got was walking 5blks to work and 5blks back. Breakfast was the 1T pb and 1 lc toast and coffee L=1 toast lc and 1/2 can tuna in olive oil w/lemon I did have a light double shot starbucks which really helped - gave me energy and helped keep me full till lunch at 2:30. D=very small slice of filet (2oz) and asparagus w/lite cesear and a little parmesean cheese and coffee (small). Also 1/2 of carb smart bar. Totals for the day are approximately - 1000 cals.

Looks like I may end up closing 22 loans this month which will give me a nice bonus. Scott has a migraine - he had been doing pretty good at least for the last few days he had been headache free - I still say they are brought on by allergens that bring on sinus inflammation.

Tomorrow I plan on exercising for at least 30 minutes and will park my usual 5 blocks away. As the weather gets nicer and I lose a little more weight I want to walk to Jesuit church at lunch or investigate the few blocks around my office.

Looking forward to my diet tomorrow: B=1sl lc toast + 1 egg +1 coffee. L=1sl lc toast +tuna D=salmon and broccoli. 1/2 carb smart bar. coffee

I read in one of this month's magazines about organic bistro wild alaskan frozen dinner - it is EXTREMELY LOW IN SODIUM (65mg). High in carbs because of the rice and the orange glaze. I won't eat the rice and I will remove as much glaze as possible and I will eat the broccoli - I sure hope it is as good as the rating in the magazine because I bought 6 dinners!!

Not sure if tonight is dancing w/the stars or not - hope so...
Old 03-30-2010, 04:30 AM   #263
Major LCF Poster!

watched Dancing last night - pretty good - they all improved except Kate - she needs to go as does Buzz and the bachelor.......

Down 1lb this morning. Up most of the night - seems the apartment has a roach problem - emailed the landlord and will call today. After I exercise this morning I will go to the grocery and buy roach spray etc ..... Can't trust Scott to do it right.

Today is egg and toast for breakfast and tuna and toast for lunch and salmon and broccoli for dinner.

I am really tired so not sure how much or what exercise I will be doing in a minute. Will be walking again the 5 blks to and from work. I don't mind the to work (except for the wind) - but in the evening I am tired and it is more crowded on the street. I walk slower than most for some reason - outside - due to my asthma outdoor walking makes me short of breath. We have an " in " group at work comprised of young good looking guys and girls who all leave work together at the same time - they make fun of others - I try to avoid them. You would think that at my age I wouldn't care any more, but they are truly mean.

Still no hormone patch.......not sure how I am doing.....think I might have had a night sweat last night.....also my face got real hot a couple of times yesterday and I seem to be easily upset. May need to start the patches again. I will try the Climarapro first - then if I get the burn I will go to vivelle dot. Need to find a good gyno here but now I have a 2800.00 deductible...ugh........
Old 03-30-2010, 04:16 PM   #264
Major LCF Poster!

Today went okay toast and egg for breakfast/toast and tuna for lunch/dinner will be salmon frozen dinner. Ex= express upper body on ball and stretch on ball.

Bug guy is coming out tomorrow-meanwhile we have sprayed w/raid. There were three roaches in the house last night - the big ones - I killed two. I saw one of them coming in from outside - right thru the crack in the back door. So far today none - but they only come in at sundown.

It was not such a good day at work today - tomorrow will be very stressfull as well.

Tomorrow I will try to exercise again - probably Great Legs workout and walking 1 mile.
B= 1 toast + egg L=1toast + cheese D=salmon and asparagus.
Old 03-31-2010, 06:25 PM   #265
Major LCF Poster!

No loss today - maintained - no exercise except the walk to and from work. Woke up way too late and did not have breakfast and lunch packed then there was a retirement pot luck at work and then the dog had diarrhea and the bug man came and BF went to the doctor and his blood sugar is 135 and cholesterol is 310 and triglycerides are 401...........so of course I stressed out and did not eat on plan. I did not do too horribly but definitely not on plan. B=peanut butter crackers and coffee = 230cal. L=cheese and crackers = 300 potluck = 2 artichoke balls and 3 pcs of candy = ? 300? D=coffee 1/4 of a small hamburger and 1/8 of the bun + chocolate peanut butter = 450 = 1280-1300. I won't even get on the scale tomorrow.

What I will do though is pick myself up and do better tomorrow - I won't use this as an excuse to let it all go down the drain.

I got two new exercise videos (really old ones) from Amazon and will try to do the 20 minute one tomorrow. I hope they are as good as they sound. Since we will not be going to Houston this weekend I will make it a three day get on track no matter what weekend w/plenty of exercise and relaxation and eating right - and posting every day.
Old 04-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #266
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is about the same - only did about 15 min of exercise this morning. Work has been very stressfull. At home BF is running out of his migraine meds and no neurologist appointment until 4/29.....that means ER trips and in New Orleans that is a big deal - waits are so long you may just die in the waiting room. Medical care here is horrible. That is the single biggest problem for us due to BFs many medical issues.

Plan for tomorrow: Workout for 60 minutes then have coffee and fresh pineapple. R&R and have small bit of yogurt a couple of hours later. Hope to go w/friend to Baton Rouge for shopping and probably a late lunch early dinner combo. Something different and fun to look forward to...also friend has information on a possible job for me with a great company. Hopefully BF will come along - it would be good for him to get out of the house. We will see how he feels tomorrow.

Saturday - no plans other than exercise again and eat on plan. Maybe go to the Quarter and walk around or do something.......Sunday same thing - maybe go have Easter dinner at Picadilly cafeteria or somewhere........

Hopefully by Monday 5 lbs of bloat will be gone gone gone.....Office is planning an after hours dinner (just our group) on Wednesday of next week - burgers at a really good local restaurant - should be fun - at least the burger will be great!!
Old 04-02-2010, 09:13 PM   #267
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is the same today and I am still not on the patch but considering putting it back on...I will decide Sunday. I am starting to get hot flashes and night sweats and I can tell I am getting aggravated easily...darn I was hoping I could get off of them.

Today I exercised: Gospel aerobics (45min). B=coffee and fresh pineapple. L = piece of redfish and a little crab. D=crab balls/coffee.........then chocolate easter candy.

Will do better tomorrow. Plan for tomorrow is:

B=pineapple/coffee
S=Yogurt
L=ham/swiss roll-up w/celery
D=salmon and broccoli
S=coffee/diet carb control bar

Exercise - not sure - got some new DVD I have to preview first. I do know I will exercise for at least 60 minutes tomorrow.

One of the problems w/today is that we took about an hour and a half ride to Baton Rouge w/a friend to go shopping........had alot of fun but, all my plans were lost and I got all off track. Got hungry and ate candy because it was in the car.

Tomorrow I want to dye my hair and pay bills etc.....have lots to do.....I am really tired now.

I got the DVD Yogalosophy - the one that Jennifer Aniston is promoting. Hope it's good. Also got the Marisa Tomei dvd and already viewed it and it looks great.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #268
Major LCF Poster!

Doing well with the exercise but not with eating. Better than last week but still not Atkins.

Haven't weighed in today - will do that tomorrow.

Today - Exercise: Taebo Power within (45 min) + rejeuvanetics (20 Min).
Food: B=Fresh Pineapple/coffee
S= went too long without food at easter egg
L/D= 1/2 burger w/ cheddar/coffee
ate another easter egg..........uggghhhhhhhhh they are gone now.

Tomorrow - plan is to exercise : Mari Winsor Cardio Pilates/Marisa Tomei Lower body/Kundalini yoga for detoxification.

Brunch= egg whites and parmesean and a little butter. Coffee
Dinner= most likely we will go to the cafeteria and I will have roast or turkey or chicken and veggies.
S=coffee and 1/2 carb smart ice cream bar.

Well, I am really upset - went to CVS to get BF's RX and they said that caremark said that as of 4/1 he does not have prescription drug coverage or he is using an incorrect card/number. I am praying that when we call Monday it is just the wrong card. He takes Lithium, topomax, prozac, invega, seroquel, osmaris, relpax, percocet, ketorlac lipitor....he is Bi-polar, Schizophrenic and suffers from chronic migraines. Without Rx drug coverage he will die.........I am really upset and of course we will have to wait over the holiday weekend to find out what is going on. If anyone reads this please pray that he still has prescription drug coverage. Thanks
Old 04-04-2010, 07:48 AM   #269
Major LCF Poster!

Happy Easter Sunday! I made all my calls yesterday.......today I have to go to the cemetary and bring flowers. Overslept this morning - really really tired. I WILL EAT ON PLAN TODAY!! Exercise this morning will be Mari Winsor cardio pilates and legs - then instead of Marisa I think I will do the exercise ball DVD I have. I may to yoga tonight or maybe tomorrow morning. We'll see. I was really interested in getting the Yogalosophy DVD but think I am disappointed in it - I will wait to decide until I actually do it. Will post later.

Weighed the same today no change - even though I have not eaten on plan I have done better and have exercised and expected to lose at least a pound over the last few days so I am a little disappointed but grateful there was no gain. I also have a new scale - biggest loser which I cannot stand. I think I am going to look for a WW one like I had in Texas.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:34 PM   #270
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is still the same and I am doing better eating wise but still far from perfect. I keep letting life get in the way. Been going through lots of stuff w/BF and trying to get his meds/doctors/finances/life in order and neglecting mine. His mother has had a stroke and has no use of her left side and now he is travelling w/his siblings to see her. He will be gone until Saturday. I worry about him - not having me to "supervise" or look out for him and make sure he takes his meds. He has been doing so well I am worried he will get off track....I am also worried about me and the dog. We are new in this apartment and I don't really feel safe here by myself.....I hope we will be okay and be able to sleep. Seems as soon as I get past one disaster I fall into a new one.

Anyway - I have been doing good exercise but still need to reign in the eating although I did better today.
B=1 sl lc toast w/1Tpb + coffee
L=1 sl lc toast w/1/2 can tuna in olive oil /lemon
D=1 thin pork chop w/asparagus tips and 1 tsp cesear dressing and lemon + 1 T mac an cheese + coffee
S=4 potato chips (don't even like them)
S=low car ice cream w/dark chocolate

Tomorrow I will be by myself in the evening so I will come home and eat the leftover pork chop and asparagus and coffee.

B will be 1 toast and 1 T pb
L will be 1 toast and 1 sl cheese and 1 slice ham.
Will also try to exercise in the am even if it is 10 min

This morning I did kundalini yoga or at least 20 min of it - Maya Fiennes - seems really interesting but I will need to be in the right mind set for it and have at least a hour without worrying about having to go to work. So, I will leave that for the weekend.

Will post tomorrow - hopefully w/better news.