Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 02:00 PM   #61
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Yesterday's weight was 161.4 ...WTH with that??? And we did not see Benjamin Button, I was too depressed to sit in a theater for three hours. We did go see 4 Christmases - it OK. Eating was good yesterday - no exercise but I did clean up a good bit - hanging and folding clothes etc....and dinner was delish - filet w/butter and garlic broiled and salad w/green goddess dressing.

Today my weight was 160.4
Exercise was Celebrity Taebo Cardio plus Gilad Kickbox segment and floor legs. As much as I hate it I think I need longer cardio and more frequently and weights only twice a week.
Food today: 4 crackers and cheese/coffee w/creamer/peanut butter/dark chocolate/tiny pc of filet left over/coffee w/creamer= 750 cals. I will probably have soup w/parm sprinkles tonight or an egg.
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 12-27-2008, 05:03 AM   #62
Major LCF Poster!

Weight=160.0
Exercise=0

Travel today- I really do not want to go - found out last night BF's sister and her 3 sons, wives and grandchildren will be there........bad enough but that means we will have to sleep downstairs where the parents control the thermostat - it will be unbearably hot......Upstairs is seperate but his sisters group will be up there. Tried to talk him out of going - got into a big argument. I am hoping maybe he will change his mind this morning but I doubt it. The weather is going to be terrible as well and I will lose three days of exercising.............
Old 12-29-2008, 02:57 PM   #63
Major LCF Poster!

Trip was worse than I could have imagined. 75 degrees outside and they had the thermostat on 82 - I finally took it in my own hands and put the a/c on - 66! It got really cold ! We did not sleep at all -the mattress on the bed was hard as a rock. I had to clean the bathroom before we could use it - it was filthy. And I had to do all the driving- 6hours in thunderstorms - he had the shakes and was seeing people. He has had a headache for the last three nights and had to take the migraine medicine. We left a day early because of the bed and the heat and again I had to drive the entire way back - very stressful - then today - the last day of my vacation I had to spend taking BF to get his blood drawn to check his Lithium levels because the shaking and slurring of his speech is so bad. Every time I try to take a vacation the entire time is spent doing things for Bf and dog. This time, the first half we were both sick and the second half was spent driving to see his family......I need a vacation. Did I stay on plan??? Absolutely not....the night we got to his family's which is in the woods at the end of the earth - I had a glass of wine - BIG GLASS.....then I learned the dinner they were fixing - the turkey had been left out ALL DAY, because according to his sister - turkey won't GO BAD....so, all I ate was safe food - a couple of dinner rolls/corn/green beans/slice of cake. My weight is up to 161.4 today.....I will get it together tomorrow when I go back to work. The saving grace is that my immediate boss will not be in all week - I like her but she is an extremist and pushes too much - her boss will be in and she is much easier going. The atmosphere should be more relaxed. I will cook burgers tonight and bring one to work tomorrow. Tomorrow I will walk and do leg exercises in the morning and ease back into my routine. The trip was a disaster, but now it is over and I will move on to my next set of worries.....taxes and bills and a lower paycheck - we will be getting paid every other week now instead of twice a month - more checks, but smaller amounts - oh well......I really believe that STRESS plays a HUGE role in my weight gains so I am really going to work on that as well as going to a two week strict induction beginning January 1st - I am going to really try hard to start tomorrow morning though - sooner the better. Things will get better, I know............................................
Old 12-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #64
Major LCF Poster!

I am not weighing until tomorrow and then it will be reluctantly....I have not been back on plan and I have not been exercising. I have to get my mind back on track and I feel like I have too many loose ends right now. But I am gearing up for the first and will determine exactly what I have learned and what I think I need to do to get the rest of this weight off!

Today I ate Cream cheese whipped w/sweetener/coffee w/creamer/kroger low carb vanilla yogurt/slice of chocolate cake / Tonight I will stick w/protein and a veggie - maybe a glass of wine to ring in the new year.....but no candy/cake or carbs.

Tomorrow I am off work and I plan on doing either a Firm tape or Kickboxing and floor legs depending on how I feel and maybe some Yoga. We will most likely go to a movie and I will cook - probably pork chops and green beans for BF and asparagus for me.

One thing I have definitely learned about how my body metabolizes food is that I cannot eat much at night - no matter what it is I will gain weight the next day. I am going to have to stick with eggs or soup or tiny bit of lean protein and small amount of veggie at night with only occasionally having a regular dinner. I seem to do best this way. I also do better or feel better if I have a slice of Ezekial or High fiber low sodium Bread in the morning and/or at lunch combined w/protein. Anyway whatever I decide tomorrow I will follow for 30 days and then re-evaluate. For tonight I will try to have no worries and start the New Year right!!
Old 01-01-2009, 12:56 PM   #65
Major LCF Poster!

I reflected until about 1 am this morning -I decidedto try the JUDD diet. I will give it 30 days and re-evaluate at that time. The only thing I am not certain about is alternating every other day I am thinking I may tweak it at some point but for now I will follow it as written. I sure hope the extreme calorie swing works in shaking up this metabolism.

Today 1/1/09: Weight = 162 (better than I thought it would be) Exercise = 20 min KB/20 min Gilad weights/10 min pilates side series and abs.

Up Day
B= 1/2 English muffin (lite/whole grain) + 1 T Pb w/1tsp van pro pwdr and cin + coffee w/Creamer

L= Mac Donalds snack/mac/wrap - 1/2 and diet iced tea

D= soup (low sodium) and WW cherry cheesecake yogurt + coffee w/creamer + parm cheese added to the soup

Snack was 2 tsp of pb and1 tsp of whipped cream cheese

I do not think I made it to 1922 calories, but I really am not hungry. I am estimating my cals to be: 1300 for the day (unless I eat something else) I may have trouble gettin the higher cals, but I will work on it. Saturday will be an easier UD because I will go out for Dinner and that will push the cals up and I will eat more low carb and higher fat.

tomorrow I have to keep my cals to 384- I am going to have yogurt/coffee/shakes and a slice of 60 cal cheese.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:06 AM   #66
Major LCF Poster!

I ended up with about 1400 calories yesterday - much more than I normally eat and my weight this am was 161.6

Today:161.6
Exercise: 9 min legs - Gilad/10 min glider
Diet: Down Day (under 400 cals)

yogurt/1 pc cheese/coffee w/creamer/mini protein bar/soup/cracker/coffeew/creamer/1 tsp pb - I will most likely end up around 450 - not bad for my first DD and being stressed out at work. I know when I am home on Sunday for my next DD I will be able to keep it under 400. I am excited about this - to see how my body reacts and how I will feel. The only concern I have is about the UD because I am not used to eating so many calories.
Old 01-03-2009, 01:18 PM   #67
Major LCF Poster!

Third JUDD day
Weight = 160.6
Exercise = 45 min old video National Aerobic Champions moderate intensity cardio - Tammi Webb's floor legs and stretch - total of 65 min

UP day for me so B= 1 cup 2% fage/1T pb/1T van. pro pwdr/1tsp shredded coconut/dash cin/coffee w/creamer = 400 cals
L= diet lemonade small - not hungry
D= ??? going to Chilli's probably bunless burger and salad. Or a salad w/chicken? we wil see -it feels weird to be able to have anything I want.....Coffee w/creamer when I get home and either a diet pudding or Carbsmart ice cream bar or WW eclair.

I figure I will eat b/w 1300 and 1500 cals.
Dr. J says not to weigh after an Upday so I won't weigh tomorrow - Sun is DD so I will weigh Monday morning. For now I feel really great - lots of energy and in control for a change.

I got Dr J's book today so I will read it tonight. I also got some great exercise DVDs!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:50 AM   #68
Major LCF Poster!

1/4 Sunday

Weight: 159.8
Exercise: 48 minute walk and tone then 20 min Pilates
Food:

Today is a DD so I will try to meet my guideline of 389. So far: Coffee w/ creamer and Muscle milk light shake = 140

My other Meal for the day will be a very thin Pork chop plain plus lettuce and 1T vinegarette dressing and coffee w/creamer = 250 so that will put me right at 390.

I am going to drink a lot of water and keep busy!! Tomorrow is another UD!!

I did really well yesterday w/1500-1600 cals and exercise was good too and I was blessed with a .8 drop from an UD!!! Imagine that!!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 AM   #69
Major LCF Poster!

Only went down .4 after my DD. I am a little disappointed.
No exercise today too tired.

UD today.
Breakfast = coffee w/creamer and Ezekial toast w/ 2T pb = 350 cals
Lunch = most likely glazed chicken (lean cuisine) and a slice of Ezekial bread = 280 cals
Dinner = egg and cream cheese in microwave and coffee w/ creamer = 300 cals
Don't know what else yet.........
Old 01-06-2009, 01:26 PM   #70
Major LCF Poster!

1/6
Weight= 158 - down 1.4 after an Up Day
Exercise = Leslie 4 Fast Miles and floor legs
FoodD
Breakfast = coffee w/creamer
Brunch = Atkins shake
Snack= 5 plain crackers and diet hot coco
Dinner =either soup or egg whites w/parm or 2% Fage.

I don't think I will hit the 389 calories but I will definitely be around 400-450
Not bad, but the next one I will use only shakes for two meals.

I feel good despite not sleeping well and work being so stressfull. I am ready for my UD tomorrow.
Old 01-07-2009, 07:33 AM   #71
Major LCF Poster!

1/7
Weight: 157.4 - down .6
Today is an UD
Exercise: Bikini ready and pilates floor legs
Food:
Cream cheese danish for Breakfast + coffee = 450 cals(had this because I have been craving it - I really do not feel guilty about eating it or that I have cheated on the diet any longer - since I am on JUDD - the freedom feels good)
L= lean cuisine glazed chicken ( chicken only) = 200
S= 4 Organic Dark chocolate malted milk balls = 300
D= 2 eggs scrambled w/butter + coffee w/creamer (or soup) = 250

I am really having trouble gettin my calories up on UDs- but I am not worrying about it as long as I am still losing.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:10 AM   #72
Major LCF Poster!

Weight is up .6 after my UD - not worried - I forced myself to eat around 1800 cals - I had been staying around 1300. I won't do that again!!

No exercise - overslept

DD today:
coffee w/creamer/mini luna bar/slice very thin low sodium swiss = 160 cals
Late lunch = atkins strawberry shake (frozed) = 160
Dinner = ? only have about 79 cals to keep it under 400 and 20 will be for coffee.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:06 PM   #73
Major LCF Poster!

1/9 Up Day Max cals allowed = 1922
Weight=157.8 down.2
Exercise=Biggest Loser CardioMax plus t-tapp legs

Food:
coffee w/creamer/1T PB/6 plain low sod crackers and 2 slices 2% low sod cheese
1/3 of small can of tuna/1 mini pita pocket
1 center of 1 cream cheese danish
1 cocoa vie bar
That's it so far...I am planning on a burger plain and coffee w/creamer and MAYBE a glass of red wine?

Calories so far = 650
burger and wine and coffee = 500
Total for the day = 1150

I have not been feeling well, everyone around me has the flu or the crud - I hope I am not getting anything. BF has been sick again. I am soooooo looking forward to this weekend..........
Old 01-10-2009, 06:02 AM   #74
ew1
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: ew1
I just came in to give you a hug
Keep journaling, wish I had the discipline to do it!
ew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:18 AM   #75
Major LCF Poster!

Elaine - thanks so much for the HUGS I really needed them today!! I am so afraid of this upward trend in scale again - I hate how it dominates my life. At times I wish I could stay off the scale but that doesn't really matter because it doesn't negate what is happening - might as well face the problems head-on!!

Today -1/10Weight = 158.6 DD today...
Scale is up after my UD of 1400 cals - I will be going to 1200 cals max on my UD and see what happens tomorrow. Today is a DD.

Plan for today is:

1 coffee w/creamer = 30 + 1 black
2% Fage = 130
1 tsp PB = 30
1 tsp PP = 20
cinn = 0

Later I plan on low calorier soup or broth and 1 coffee w/creamer.

I am getting ready to exercise - KB plus Yoga for weight loss - I am looking forward to it!!

I have been more tired than usual the last couple of days and have not been sleeping well - I have been out (no refills) of my Vit D Rx for two weeks now - wonder if that's it or just stress of job and Bf and life in general. I feel like if I could get the weight loss going that would be one thing off my mind...........I am going to WalMart and Walgreens today so I will most likely get some D3 vits and try those. I think my doc said she wants to get a blood test done and see if I need the Rx or over the counter - I left a message but have not heard back so I will start the over the counter.

BF is doing well w/migraines for now, but is extremely fatiqued and wants to go to bed by 7 pm. I love him dearly and I know he really needs me and my help right now and that he is trying - but, I wish I had someone I could rely on for help and that he could/would take more control over his problems and help himself more. It is quite a job to take care of him and manage his illnesses/doctors/meds/money etc. I don't have time for me......I know I am having a Pity Party today......between the weight/BF/and we still don't know (over 1 yr of this) whether or not we will have jobs.......some days it is really overwhelming and difficult to stay positive.

Maybe a little Kickboxing will help!!
Old 01-11-2009, 06:39 AM   #76
Major LCF Poster!

1/11 UD
Weight=158.2
Exercise = 45 min yoga/20 min KB/10min band legs

Food=
B=1 sl ezekial toast w/PB + coffw/cr = 400 cal
L= boiled egg w/pepper and mayo = 100
S= omega protein par (1/2)c = 75
D= cup lowsod soup + 1 sl ezekial toast +1 oz cheese + coffee w/cr = 300
S= carbsmart ice cream bar= 150

That is the plan anyway......lots to do today and it is cold here in Houston!! BF had a migraine last night - first one in a week so that's pretty good. I have to get to the post office and the grocery -

I will clean the stairs today and the hallway upstairs/wash hair/nails/get clothes ready for the week/package returns and try to be more positive.

I will not weigh tomorrow -I will wait and weigh on Tuesday morning and hope that I see a good loss after my DD on Monday. I will also consume only liquids this DD as reccomended for the first week of induction - Dr J says to consume only the protein shakes and liquids - that will be tough but I will try.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:58 PM   #77
Major LCF Poster!

changes to my menu:

B= same
L= on the run...errands...handful of peanuts
D= may change to tuna salad or eggs.....plus coffee and either ww eclair or carbsmart bar or dark chocolate......
Old 01-12-2009, 09:00 AM   #78
Major LCF Poster!

1/12

NO weighing until tomorrow after my DD today.
BF could not sleep - hiccups/water/bathroom/repeat/repeat/repeat....so I did not sleep so no exercise today. I hate starting my week tired. It is going to be super busy at work. My ISR is ready for testing and now that 1 employee is back from the flu - 2 more are out....Happy Monday!!!!

I am going to try to just do the two MM light shakes today and then an egg of some sort tonight or soup. Hopefully I can manage to stay on plan as I am feeling very stressed already.

Last night I had the tuna salad and it was delish.....then just a few chips of dark chocolate and coffee of course.

It is killing me not to get on the scale so I dressed and had my coffee quickly this morning so that I would not weigh!!!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:48 PM   #79
Major LCF Poster!

Almost time to go home - had my two shakes for the day and will have to chew on something tonight - so most likely an egg....
Old 01-14-2009, 12:18 PM   #80
Major LCF Poster!

Quick post:
1/14 DD Ex = walk/legs/stretch
Food: Lemon Zest Luna bar/coffee w/creamer/60 cal tuna w/mustard/mindlessly started eating a cheese danish and spit it out!! I am hungry....tonight pc of 2% swiss = 30 cal (1/2 sl)/coffee w/creamer - can only have 50 cals of something to stay under 500 - and I should be under 400 so it is not a very successful DD - that's what happens when you forget you raw veggies to snack on.

I was 158.0 today - down .6 after my UD. Tuesday, I was up after my DD by .2..
Old 01-15-2009, 01:36 PM   #81
Major LCF Poster!

Haven't been able to post as much work is horrendous w/no end in sight. Too busy to exercise in the morning and I am up .2 after my DD yesterday which turned into 550 cals instead of under 400. When I am really stressed it is hard to stay on any plan. Today I am doing an UD and will do the DD tomorrow on schedule.

Today I have had 700 and most likely will end the day w/1000.
Old 01-16-2009, 01:19 PM   #82
Major LCF Poster!

same weight today as yesterday - 158.2 exercise = pilates

today will go down as one of the worse days of my life. Work was the culmination of the last two weeks of testing with sign off today and BF is very sick. I had to go home and bring him to the psychiatrist mid day. doc says he believes he his delirious from serotonin toxicity from the meds he takes and if it gets worse then he will have to go to the ER. The doctor will call us tomorrow and again on Monday - he says we must walk a fine line and be careful because w/his schizophrenia and bipolar disorder we need to make sure while we are getting rid of the serotonin toxicity he does not become manic.
It was very scary to see that he did not recognize me or know where he lived in addition to being non responsive. I really believe it was the addition of the depakote that did this, he says no -

Anyway, if anyone reads this please keep us in your prayers, please.....thank you.
Old 01-18-2009, 07:21 AM   #83
Major LCF Poster!

1/18
WT=158
Ex=walk/legs
DD
Had to bring BFto ER on Friday - he is home now - still a little delerious and is having one migraine after the other. I had to bring him to the ER because I thought he was having a heart attack - He could not breathe - chest and arm pain - they kept him on the Cardiac floor for observation and testing, then let him come home, but he must see the cardiologist for more testing this week - meanwhile - we still have the serotonin toxicity to deal with and he is still having major problems breathing. This is really all very overwhelming for me - in addition to the stress of my job and finances and trying to manage his life and mine - sometimes I am sorry I am such strong person - sometimes I wish I could just let it all go and let someone else worry about it - I wish I could go back home.....I feel so alone here in Texas and I am terrified I am making the wrong decisions for BF and me.....Oh well - things will get better, I know they will. I will try to control those things I can and the ones I can't will be in God's hands. That is the best I can do.....
Old 01-21-2009, 04:04 PM   #84
Major LCF Poster!

1/21
Weight is 158.4 No exercise - no diet BF is still in the hospital due to Poly Pharmacy. He may come home tomorrow. Dog is grieving and would not eat. This has just been horrible. I have mainly been eating from machines an drinking coffee. I can't sleep, all I do is cry - boss is very demanding and very ugly about the 3 hours I have had to miss so far. I pray I don't have to try for FMLA. We are waiting on the results of the EEG. CT and MRI are normal. Hopefully things will calm down soon.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:54 PM   #85
Major LCF Poster!

1/22 Weight is 157/no exercise/still no word on BF/will meet w/docs tomorrow early am to get the final diagnosis. I am terrified.
Old 01-25-2009, 03:02 PM   #86
Major LCF Poster!

1/25 wt=159.8 ex= 3miles walking w/wts

Hopefully I can start back now on JUDDD - BF did have a heart attack anddid have a blockage and was over medicated. Now that he is back home (Friday) he is anxious, mean, migraines, body aches.....I just cannot win. I cried the entire time he was gone and now I am still crying due to the fact that he just does not seem to care about what I have been through as well and he just keeps pushing me w/his needs....everything revolves around his moodiness. When my life seemed hopeless when I went through my divorce the only thing that saved me was concentrating on my job and getting healthy - I don't seem to be able to do that this time. Most likely because - before I was alone and could concentrate on me - now I have to face the problems over and over every day. I do not know what to do any more - he is ill I know that, but I have to work to survive and the stress from all this has my chest hurting me everyday and I have a constant headache -I tried to start over today by exercising and it was soooo difficult, Ireally had a hard time - I think because I am just so emotionally spent....Tuesday is my birthday and my brother is coming in on Friday for a visit and to take me to dinner. I am going to do my best to take care of myself.

Today was sort of an up day - protein bar/coffee/veggie pot pie/cream cheese/coffee/

The veggie pot pie was a good size and I ate it around 1pm.

Tonight I am taking an advil early so I can get some decent sleep and if BF is up walking and carrying on about his aches and pains he will have to sleep in the other bedroom. I have got to rest, I feel like I am dying myself.
Tomorrow I will exercise and start over on JUDDD w/ a DD.......I am going to try to get to 155 by Saturday - I will try to stay focused on that!!
Old 01-29-2009, 10:44 AM   #87
Major LCF Poster!

1/29
WT=158.2
No exercise

Still battling BF's health issues. We were back in the ER yesterday. Another medication issue. He has pain so bad in his elbows and knees that he is up all night. His arms and legs shake badly - more like jerking movements. He complained to his psychiatrist who prescribed Inderal. Well, he already has low BP and when he took the Inderal (last 2 days) it left him feeling like he could not breathe and he had chest pain etc....so, off tot he ER we go.....diagnosis was very low BP. They brought it up and gave him oxygen and that is okay now - not giving him those pills anymore....but he still has the arm/elbow and knee/leg problem, so I made an appointment w/a GP for Monday - he really needs an internist.

As a result my birthday sucked, I have had no sleep, I feel like I am having a heart attack the stress is so great. Eating has been poor and almost no exercise. My brother and his wife will be town tomorrow to celebrate my birthday by taking us out to eat on Saturday. I am considering taking a sick day on Monday for R&R and to go w/Scott to the Doctor. We'll see....I will try to get back on track Saturday with the exercise at least.
Old 02-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #88
Major LCF Poster!

Gosh, I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted. All the drama in my life seems to be settling down - finally. BF is still undergoing test. He had a Nerve Conduction Study test today along w/a whole slew of blood work. He is going to a new Internist to try to coordinate things and figure out what is going on w/his heart/legs/arms. Tomorrow he has a stress test and several echograms - carotids etc...I decided to make it easy on myself and take a vacation day tomorrow in the event something happens.

I will weigh in tomorrow and re-start JUDDD with a DD on Friday. Saturday is my cousin's birthday and so it will be an UD. I have not been exercising, not on plan at all, very stressed...I could go on and on w/the excuses - so I do not expect to be happy w/the scale tomorrow - I can feel in my clothes I am up, my stomach is puffed again, back hurts (been taking advil and aleve) Everything is out of whack. I am going to approach JUDDD a little differently I am going to try to eat more whole foods, more veggies, less carbs and AS. We will see - I am starting to feel like I need to be on only protein for a while and slowly add back carbs - my system is really messed up from not eating properly and being so stressed. My DD and UD will be primarily Protein I think.

Anyway, I will report in tomorrow......
Old 02-06-2009, 01:40 PM   #89
Major LCF Poster!

re-starting: 2/6=wt=161.4
ex=35cardio
b=cw/cm+pineapple - 2 pcs l=grilled chicken 1/2sl swiss sl avocado/mayo d=egg whites +parm + sfree pudding(maybe)

I have not decided what to do yet - I am back to re-reading my journals etc.

tomorrow is cousins b'day - cocktail party - I will have 1 glass of wine -won't stay long

bf had tests today - all ok execpt lithium level is high/bladder problem??/hi cholestoral
could not get the carotid artery test done - machine was not working properly, so he will go back friday next week.

I took a vacation day today and now he has a migraine - he is either sick or there is always some big disaster whenever I try to take time off. I am trying to stay positive but it is difficult. And I am not looking forward to the party tomorrow since I have gained 20lbs since I have last seen my cousins. I am starting to get depressed again....I am going to try to go do something even if it is by myself...
Old 02-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #90
Major LCF Poster!

okay, back to being serious. Weight was 162.2 this am and yesterday. I got in really good exercise this weekend and slept pretty good. I feel JUDDD is still the diet for me, maybe w/some tweaks though. "They" seem to have had some differences on the JUDDD threadsso until I decide if I am a tweaker or not, I will not post on those threads.

Tomorrow, I will do a DD - Plan is to walk and do legs in am
B=shake + coffee w/creamer
L=egg
S=yogurt
D=egg or soup
CALS = 400

I will stick to this once and for all - itfelt so good to be in the 150's as brief as it was.....I will not let anything derail me again!!!

Today I ate coffee w/creamer x2/1/4atkins shake/MM balls at movie/3/4 plain burgerand 1/4 cp broccoli w/cheese/2Tpb /1T whipped cream cheese/dark chocolate = 1000 about

I really need to start using ****** as well.

I will post again tomorrow.