Go Back   Low Carb Friends > Inspiration and Wisdom > Weight Loss Journals
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 05:49 PM   #841
Major LCF Poster!

Gallery: Debbi
Stats: 297/157/137
WOE: low carb
Well, don't feel well - probably all the stress coupled with the trash I have been eating.

Today was yogurt, coffee, chocolate candy-1pc, brownie, chips,cream cheese, yogurt, coffee

All trash - all gone - ready to buckle down tomorrow.

Plan for Tuesday - back to work.....

B=Plain yogurt + coffee
L=chicken/lettuce/Oil & vinegar (Newman's Own)/shaved parm
D=soup + coffee (small)

Will try to also exercise for 30 minutes but may have to leave early for all the work that awaits me...............

Cable is back on!! Yay!!!

Last edited by Debbi; 09-03-2012 at 05:51 PM..
Debbi is offline   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2013, 06:42 PM   #842
Major LCF Poster!

Well, it has been a really long time. We are finally in our house after a lot of fighting with the builder trying to get them to finish it. BF has gone through a multitude of old and new medical problems, the dog has more autoimmune disorders and I am bigger than ever as a result of all the stress. Since we have moved I have had 2 occassions where I was pushing down really hard on a microfiber mop and had searing, burning ripping pain go through my left thigh only lasted about a minute and then went away the first time. Now I am still feeling a little pain, numbness and prickly burning type feeling in the left thigh after the last attack. Not sure what it is - I am guessing neuropathy /pinched nerve. Praying it is not a blood clot. I have been doing a lot of physical work with a really bad back + severe scoliosis and coupled with the weight gain this must be the cause. Anyway, this is why I am back. I can't put this off or fool around any longer the weight has to come off any way I can do it.

Today:
B=black coffee + 1 tsp low salt pb + 1 small pc of a grapefruit
L= turkey and swiss cheese melted
D=coffee w/creamer + 1 2% fage w/half of a tsp of honey

Really felt bad in the morning - my heart felt like it was racing. I did take a very mild muscle relaxer last night and will probably take one tonight to see if it helps again. I use the heating pad on my back daily.

So here is to my first day back to getting some of this weight off - no real plan, no goal other than to get off as much as possible as quickly as possible - one day at a time.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #843
Major LCF Poster!

Not as good today but not as bad as it has been

No exercise/went to storage and rummaged through the boxes to see what we wanted then off to Dillards for a robe and then Winn Dixie and Big Lots.
B=coffee w/1T 1/2 & 1/2
1 oz extra sharp cheddar
L=running around and it was bad : a few chips/bottle of water/1 brownie
D=a couple of slices of brisket/a little bit of sweet potatoe/half of a slice of garlic bread/coffee and a york peppermint patty not much better than lunch

Tomorrow will be better

I feel better and my leg is a little better today. I just have to get this weight off.
Weather is getting ready to get stormy....stormy night and morning are in the forecast.
Old 01-20-2013, 09:30 AM   #844
Major LCF Poster!

Leg is much better but have not exercised - will try today.
Watched Soul Sunday with Eben Alexander - eye opening!
Thinking about making wings this evening. Parades today so it will be difficult to get around - so, most likely staying in and eating on plan!
Old 03-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #845
Major LCF Poster!

Wow 2 months have passed! Had some health set-backs - arrhythmia etc.. My doctor felt I could be on buspar as well and I think I do really need to be on it - when I take it once a day it helps but when I remember to take it twice a day it really helps. I have been promoted at work and while the increased salary is welcome it is a lot more pressure and responsibility. I am hanging in there though! I finally bit the bullet and decided instead of fighting w/BF all the time about what he doesn't do - I am hiring a housekeeper for my sanity.

Anyway I am going to start logging my food and exercise as often as I can. I am just going to start trying to eliminate sugar for now and see how it goes. I am not going to stress myself out over anything any longer.

Today my eating started out good but then got bad however, I did not eat much calorie wise. I also did 30 minutes of cardio. Yesterday same thing except I did 40 minutes of cardio - it feels really good to get back to exercising.

It is Easter week so we are off on Friday but I am going to take a vacation day on Thursday and Monday to take care of taxes and some things around the house as well as trying to get on a decent exercise regime and improve my diet. I sure am going to give it my all to stay on plan.

Some non negotiable things that I have are: yogurt & light coffee in the evening.
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #846
Major LCF Poster!

Still eating sugar but less of it now. I did get 30 minutes of cardio in today despite having had a really bad hurt back for the last 3 days and just generally feeling lousy! Headache and sinus - y .. hope I'm not getting what's going around. Been very windy here and the cars are covered with tree pollen which is very high and of which I am very allergic.

Hope to get more exercise in tomorrow and have eggs for breakfast and filet for dinner with a little greek yogurt in between? Or maybe just have my protein shake in the morning/yogurt/soup and save the filet for Sunday!! If I get really hungry I can have some cream cheese. Also have lots of paper work to do tomorrow....glad I took off Monday too!!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:25 PM   #847
Major LCF Poster!

Ate much less sugar today and did better calorie wise as well. Throat is scratchy and sinuses are still bothersome - hoping it goes away!

Got in 40 minutes of exercise: Leslie's walk & kick + some yoga.

Also did my bills for April and my taxes!! I did not go near a grocery store today they were all packed.

Tomorrow I hope to do the Firm: Hare video and stay on yogurt/soup/small amount of protein to hopefully clear up this sinus/throat thing.
Old 04-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #848
Major LCF Poster!

Went to urgent care yesterday - no flu and no strep - either sinus and/or rhinitis - today it really feels like allergies and tree pollen here is really high. I have allergic asthma and just pray it doesn't go into that. Doc gave me 2 shots - celestone and lincocin and a Rx for z-pak if I am not better by Thursday. I don't think I will need the antibiotic because I really think this is allergies. I went to work today and this afternoon it got really bad - sneezing, blowing my nose, sneezing, sneezing, sneezing - I took my normal allergy med early tonight and I am taking a zyrtec in the morning. Coughing too but not too bad. Just hope it clears up soon. It is suppose to rain tonight so hopefully it wash some of the allergens out of the air.........pollen is all over everything!! Ugghhhhhhh.... Not eating a lot and no exercise since Saturday I hate this - every time I try to do something right I get knocked back down.....oh well I'll just keep trying..............
Old 04-07-2013, 02:37 PM   #849
Major LCF Poster!

Still sick so just marking my spot for when I can get back up ...

Went to Urgent Care 4/1 -went to work 4-2, felt worse so stayed home 4-3, went to work 4-4 til 1pm and felt much worse, had fever - called my doctor whose nurse said to take the antibiotics and mucinex. Been home ever since, literally in the bed til today. Made it out to the grocery but still feel bad - better, but bad! I don't think I have had fever for the last 2 days so I will be going to work tomorrow. Hope I can stand it!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:00 PM   #850
Major LCF Poster!

Made it to work all of last week by the hardest, still felt really sick until yesterday. All of a sudden I feel much better. Goodness it took over 2 weeks to feel human again!

Today eating was not real good but I did manage to exercise for the first time in 2 weeks and did a 30 minute walk + another 15 minutes of cardio yoga that I really liked.

I have given up my pm coffee hoping that will help me to sleep better.

I will give it 100% this week (fingers & toes crossed) !